Lois & Clark Fanfic Message Boards
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#93699 03/03/13 04:37 PM
Kerth
OP Offline
Kerth
Sorry for the delay. Big weekend - 21st and an engagement. Phew!

Corrina.

#93700 03/03/13 04:51 PM
Blogger
Blogger
Your engagement? Congrats! Happy birthday!

Kyla
#93701 03/03/13 05:12 PM
Kerth
OP Offline
Kerth
No, LOL. Sorry, I should have been clearer. My son, on both counts. But it was a *big* weekend.

Corrina.

#93702 03/03/13 06:31 PM
Blogger
Blogger
Well congrats anyways! goofy

Kyla
#93703 03/04/13 06:13 AM
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
I read this last night and then my internet went down and I couldn't respond. Thankfully I had opened your story before I went off to tuck the kids in (again), so I could still read it with the internet off.

Whoa! Lois proposing a laka relationship after only like 4 days. dizzy

"Were you happy? Really happy in your marriage?"

"It was all I ever wanted. To be married. To have a family." To belong with someone.
So, no?

If he told Lois the truth, there would be no going back. He would open the door that would inevitably lead to torment so great, his heart withered at the thought of it.
It's so sad that Clark only see torment with love, not happiness.

It wouldn't be all right. He should tell her now. I'm not what you think. I'm not human. I can't be what you need.
How does he know that? He doesn't know what she needs.

You have to tell her, his conscience insisted.

But he couldn't.
I agree to disagree. He should tell her, but I'm not sure this is the right moment. If he told her now, she might panic (as would be expected) and then he would bolt. And then this story would go in another direction.

"But now I see the things I didn't have. Things I didn't think I needed. Things I was happy to live without … until I met you."

"Do you believe I can give you those things?"
Um... yes. [Linked Image]

"After I've talked with Matymbou, it will be up to us to decide what we want. We can have a laka-marriage if you want. You will be Kent Laka-Lois. I will be Lois Laka-Kent."

"I want …" He wanted far more than 'pledging'. Clark swallowed, trying to moisten an impossibly dry throat.
All that without ever having had one kiss. laugh Oh, and Lois, Kent wants to bomoi you.

"You can have as much time as you need to decide what you want," Lois said.
In other words, Lois has already made her decision.

He was Kent ...

Pseudo-Bangala.

Still not with people of his own.

But with Lois.

And for now, nothing else mattered.
Awwwww. And, technically, Lois too wasn't with people of her own when she arrived either, but she's hasn't fared badly.

VirginiaR.
"On the long road, take small steps." -- Jor-el, "The Foundling"
---
"clearly there is a lack of understanding between those two... he speaks Lunkheadanian and she Stubbornanian" -- chelo.
#93704 03/04/13 11:31 AM
J
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
J
I am glad Lois caught up to Clark before he got too far. I was hoping Clark would at least tell her his name was Clark, but I guess not yet.

"Yes," she declared. "Yes." Her head lifted, and she swung onto her knees. She cupped his chin, tipping his face to meet hers. "I believe you are man who completes me, Kent," she said. "But I can't tell you if I'm the right woman for you. Only you can decide that. You can take as long as you need. I will wait for you."
I think that should be "the man who completes me". It does not sound right without the article.

Well, I am glad Lois got Clark to come back.

John Pack Lambert
#93705 03/04/13 02:06 PM
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Yay nice chapter. They've come a long way in a short time. More soon. Laura

Clark: “If we can be born in an instant, and die in an instant, why can’t we fall in love in an instant?”

Caroline's "Stardust"
#93706 03/04/13 02:22 PM
K
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
K
Clark obsessing again. whinging At least he didn't run too far. I'm looking forward to Diddi getting his truck. laugh

KateB
#93707 03/06/13 06:05 PM
Top Banana
Top Banana
Clark finished painting the second coat on the truck. He tightly secured the lid on the pot of linseed oil. He methodically washed the brush, dislodging all the flecks of sawdust and gummed-up oil. He left the pot and brush on the table, next to the drying truck.

Then, he slumped into the dirt and leaned back against a sapelli tree.
Yes, Clark, you have a lot to think about!
And Clark, although long past feeling any effects from Tempus's green rock, hadn't recovered his inhuman strength and abilities.
That is interesting... and too long. Does he have some more Green K in him? In trace amounts maybe it would just rob him of his powers. Hmmm...
His heart thumping, Clark crept past the makeshift shelter. After ten yards, he turned around, checking the shelter, but refusing to look at the gate. There was no sound to indicate he had disturbed Romaric. Clark turned and jogged away.

Away from the village. Away from the Bangala.

Away from the woman who would hold his heart in her hands forever.
I always find Clark's tendency to run away or avoid to be troubling. However, I believe this is very much like canon Clark.

This part surprised me a bit:
Clark swiped at his eyes with his left hand. "I've gone over it so many times," he said. "I don't know whether it was something I did or whether it was just me. Perhaps there is something about me that meant she could never be happy with me."
I read this as an outright lie. Based on everything we know about this Clark, he knows - or at least he certainly thinks he knows - exactly why Lana left him. Lana left him because he's an alien and all the baggage that came with that. By claiming confusion, he's deceiving Lois. frown
The cry of his heart reverberated through the jungle, and Lois responded. "I won't leave you," she said. "I promise I won't leave you."
Why does this send a chill through me???

This is all very nice, and if this was part 18 of 20, I wouldn't be so worried. But all things considered - including that question mark after the 18 - I have a feeling that there should be a storm warning in the forecast. devil

Bob

#93708 03/07/13 02:50 AM
Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
It doesn't seem totally unreasonable that his powers aren't back yet. It's been, what, five days? The first exposure canonically takes a long time, and this was a doozy of an exposure.

Also, he has basically no proof if he decided to tell her he's an alien right now. I think she'd probably believe him anyway, but he might not think so.

#93709 03/08/13 10:51 AM
J
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
J
Well, it took him over 24 hours to recover from his first exposure in canon, and that did not involve imbeding of Kryptonite in his skin.

THe trace amount in Diana Stride's lipstick would have killed him except he got intensive treatment at the hospital.

In this case he had Kryptonite embeded in his skin for hours.

Somehow I think if there was any left he would be hurting stil. Although I could be wrong.

Anyway, there have been stories where Clark took a whole month to mostly recover. So he seems to heal at the speed of plot, so for now I am going to assume that is what is going on here. There is no reason for him to recover, so he is not.

Hmm, maybe his recovery of powers at extremely fast rates is driven by sensing a need to do so.

John Pack Lambert
#93710 03/08/13 11:41 AM
Kerth
OP Offline
Kerth
Kyla

Thanks!

Virginia

It also reminds us that just last *week* Clark was "happily" married to Lana. He hasn't had real closure from that relationship and he's already falling head-first into this one. Time heals all wounds, and even though Clark has super healing abilities, I still believe he needs time.
Yes.

Um... Clark... She doesn't know about your differences.
Neither did anyone in his old world (except Lana) - but he still felt alienated. That's the point.

John

I was hoping Clark would at least tell her his name was Clark, but I guess not yet.
Why would he do that when he's moving further and further away from 'Clark' and his old life?

Laura

They've come a long way in a short time.
They have.

Kate

I think alt-Clark obsesses even more than Canon-Clark.

Bob

In the story ...

Clark swiped at his eyes with his left hand. "I've gone over it so many times," he said. "I don't know whether it was something I did or whether it was just me. Perhaps there is something about me that meant she could never be happy with me."
Bob's comment ...

I read this as an outright lie. Based on everything we know about this Clark, he knows - or at least he certainly thinks he knows - exactly why Lana left him. Lana left him because he's an alien and all the baggage that came with that. By claiming confusion, he's deceiving Lois.
Or perhaps it's the musings of a very confused man. Initially, he certainly accepted that Lana left him because of who he was. But now he's had time, distance, and Lois to help him re-assess. He's reached the point where he doesn't know anymore. Which is exactly what he says.

Then, he starts the next sentence with 'perhaps'. I see the second sentence as him offering an opening. He shies away from bringing up his differences, but he offers a half-hint, which, if Lois probes, he'll be forced to respond to.

Clark is (probably reluctantly) allowing hope to enter his thoughts. If he truly believed (at this stage) that no woman could be happy with him because he's an alien, he should walk away now.

But hope has budded - which is confusing him further. Is it possible it wasn't just him being an alien that chased Lana away?

At this point, he doesn't know. He's not trying to deceive Lois - he's trying to get things sorted in his own mind.

This is all very nice, and if this was part 18 of 20, I wouldn't be so worried. But all things considered - including that question mark after the 18 - I have a feeling that there should be a storm warning in the forecast.
The only reason for the '?' after the 18 is that I've almost totally whittled away my buffer. If I was pushed to guess the total number of parts, I would say '25'.

Amy

It doesn't seem totally unreasonable that his powers aren't back yet. It's been, what, five days? The first exposure canonically takes a long time, and this was a doozy of an exposure.
True.

John

So he seems to heal at the speed of plot,
Given the inconsistencies in the show, I think that's reasonable.

Thanks to everyone who commented.

Corrina.

#93711 03/08/13 11:50 AM
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Hi Corrina,

Yes! She got go him before he got too far, of course his motivation to leave seems to have left of its own accord.

Herb replied, “My boy, I never say … impossible.” "Lois and Clarks"

My stories can be found here

kj
#93712 04/15/13 01:13 PM
Kerth
OP Offline
Kerth
Ken

Clark is very confused at this stage. His automatic reaction to Lana leaving him was to run away, but he ended up running to Lois. The compulsion to run away is still there, but it's lessening with every moment spent with Lois. But he can also see that staying opens himself up to the risk of being hurt again - the very thing he'd decided to avoid at all cost.

Corrina.

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard