Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
#93659 03/01/13 08:46 PM
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Wrong Place, Wrong Time, Wrong Clark TOC can be found Here

Sorry that this part went a bit long, but I wanted to squeeze that last scene in. laugh

Comments greatly appreciated.

Last edited by VirginiaR; 05/14/14 12:09 PM. Reason: Added Link

VirginiaR.
"On the long road, take small steps." -- Jor-el, "The Foundling"
---
"clearly there is a lack of understanding between those two... he speaks Lunkheadanian and she Stubbornanian" -- chelo.
C
Top Banana
Top Banana
C
*queue the sound of squealing delight*

I knew the scene where he asks her essentially point blank would work here! I doesn't change his memories but it DOES help them move forward (sorta, you jus gotta hate Jimmy at times like this.)

CLARK: No. I'm just worried I'm a jinx.
JONATHAN: A jinx?
CLARK: Yeah. Let's face it, ever since she's known me, Lois's been kidnapped, frozen, pushed off buildings, almost stabbed, poisoned, buried alive and who knows what else, and it's all because of me.
-"Contact" (You're not her jinx, you're her blessing.)
J
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
J
“This is where you must have come in contact with it,” Cat said, examining his right leg.
Well, I guess it is good that Cat knows what happened.

It had stumped the doctor at the hospital at how he could have obtained a localized sunburn in February in Metropolis. In the end, they had assumed it was some sort of radiation burn and had treated it as such.
They were right.

“Kryptonite. It’s the only thing which can make Superman vulnerable,” she replied with a nod, standing back up.
This was not wise telling him so soon. Of course it does not help that Cat only knows that Ck=SM, she does not understand that he has always been CK, she thinks it is a recent inovation.

“Kryptonite is a radioactive piece of your home planet. If you’ve been exposed to Kryptonite and left to die in Hob’s Bay, it means somebody out there has figured out that you’re Superman,”
Fortunantly this is actually not the case.

“Wait a minute!” His jaw dropped as Clark tried to wrap his befuddled mind around what she was saying. “You think I’m Superman? You are nuts, lady!”
I would have to agree with him here. The sane thing would have been to get him to go stand in the sun of the huge newsroom window to "warm up".

Cat shrugged. “That may be, but I’ve known that you’re Superman since the moment you flew into the Daily Planet with Lois in your arms.”
Then why did it take her a few days to even consider telling Perry? I think she is revising the past.

“No! What? Superman held Lois in his arms?” he growled, not liking the possibility of Lois with someone else.
hyper He is going to try to be more to Lois.

Lois:Does this mean we will move our relationship forward? hyper

Clark: shock We have a relationship more than partners?

Lois:Yes we do, and if you weren't so lunkheaded we would have for a lot longer.

John Pack Lambert
J
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
J
“Come on, Cat. Let’s get back down to the newsroom,” Clark suggested with a nudge towards the door.
I think this is a good plan. It is not clear if Clark has recovered enough for it to be safe to take off his shirt on the roof.

“Trust me,” Cat said, stepping towards him.
After she stabbed him? Why should he?

“Superman has his abilities because he was born under a red sun, and ours is yellow. The more exposure to our yellow sun you get, the more quickly your powers will return,” she explained.
She has not yet convinced him he is Superman. Nothing she said really even indicates such for sure.

It would be quite ironic if Superman trusted his secrets to a gossip columnist.
Well, it was better than not befriending her and having her reveal his main secret to the world.

He hoped not. “If I’m so in love with Lois, why haven’t I told her this big secret?” he inquired skeptically.
Most recently because things keep getting in the way. Unfortunantly Cat does not know that.

“Lois was mad at you for catching you in some great lie, and you were first trying to earn back her trust.
Which is only sortof a lie. If Lois knew the whole truth she would see that Clark had not deliberately lied about anything other than where he went to college.

You should’ve told her months ago,
Well he did try to tell her, but she did not believe him. On the other hand, he was really close to telling her on the flight with Superman to pick up the spaceship, but he wimped out.

Personally, I think you’re scared that she might reject you, despite her being head over heels in love with Superman.”
This is probably why he did not tell her at some points.

but this news weighed him down.
Cat really should have not told him so much with no context.

Superman stood for truth and justice. Clark, on the other hand, was a liar and a con man.
Cat has done nothing to convince him CK=SM.

Lois had caught him lying to her and didn’t trust him.
In a lot of ways this is not even a current issue, so Cat bringing it up makes no sense.

He was some kind of scummy ladies man, who lied to women, probably to get them to sleep with him.
If Clark's main goal had been to just sleep with Lois, he could have done that really early on. Even in his Clark guise he could have done it early on if that was all he wanted.

“Once you’re feeling better, have taken care of Nightfall, and have your memories back, then you can tell Lois everything.
Without his memories he really can't tell Lois anything.

It’s best if you don’t until you remember at least who has figured out your secret identity.”
Fortunantly this fear that an enemy knows who he really is is unforunded.

Cat gasped, putting a hand to her mouth. “She’s not safe, is she? Someone might come after her, if he knows that Superman or Clark is in love with her, to use her to get to you?”
Considering Clark's weakened condition this is the last thing he needed to hear. Having Cat around right now seems to be the worst possible thing for Clark's emotions.

“It really isn’t as bad as I’m making it sound. It wasn’t that big of a deal, really. You told her you grew up on a farm in Kansas, so she wouldn’t know you’re from another planet.
This is only sort of correct. He told her he grew up on a farm in Kansas because he did, unfortunantly it was a different Kansas than what she was thinking of.

She’ll understand once she knows the truth.
This statement by Cat is also true. However it is only true once Lois knows the full truth, that Clark grew up on an alternate earth. If she just learns that he is SM, she might not understand at all why he wants to keep this a secret from her or why he wants her to love his Clark side.

She cares about you, she does. Half of the newsroom’s staff has placed bets that you two hooked up while you were at the Lexor honeymoon suite last week,” she said.
Too much info again. If Cat was thinking she should have said "on your last undercover assignment".

He shot a sharp and startled gaze her way.
Clark: hyper Lois is back.

Clark glanced away in shame and embarrassment. Cat hadn’t been lying about their friendship. If that was the truth, what else had she said that was true too? Anything? Everything?
Well at least the seed of the idea of Superman has been planted.

After everything Cat had said, he didn’t feel like he deserved Lois’s kindness and support.
Cat was not really all that helpful.

“Lois, you don’t know anything,” Cat spat at her. “Clark needs me more now than he does you!”
Even if that was true Lois is not about to accept it. However I am unconvinced it is true.

“It’s Cat’s. I knew she’d do almost anything for sex, but I didn’t think she’d stoop this low.
Well, technically she was not trying to get sex, but Cat has not even tried to give a good explanation.

He was? On the other hand, was that part of the con? Had Lois fell for his lies as Cat had?
False claims of being Superman would not have held up very long.

No, Cat had said Lois was angry with him for lying to her. Had he told Lois that he was Superman, like he had with Cat, and then Lois proved he had been lying? Yes, that could be the lie that Cat was talking about. Had Lois finally moved past that? Had she forgiven him for that transgression? On the other hand, that lie might have landed him in ‘just partner’ land for eternity. He hoped not.
Fortunantly for Clark this is not the situation at all.

“You’re my responsibility. Mine! I shouldn’t have left you,” Lois said, berating herself. “I’m not leaving you again. No matter what anybody says! Got it?”
hyper Lois is holding his hand.

Lois paused on the stairs and glanced briefly back at him, her eyes wide. “Perry assigned you to work under me, when you first started at the Planet.”
She is wise to avoid mentioning that their working to gether was at one point a punishment.

She stopped on the next landing and faced him. “No, we haven’t always liked each other, Clark, but we do now, and that is what’s important.”
I think this was the best answer possible. It is truthful at all levels.

“No. Nothing. Not one word,” Lois said dejectedly,
More evidence that could work with Cat's claims.

“Cat said that you were angry that I lied to you. Will you tell me about that at lunch?”
This will be a hard thing to explain her way out of.

John Pack Lambert
J
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
J
Lois gasped, slapping herself on the forehead and stopping suddenly on the stairs, causing him to bump into her. “Martha! Jonathan! Oh, I almost forgot. We’ll call them as soon as we get back to the office.”
So she totally avoided his question.

She stared at him as if searching his face for something, but he knew not what. “Your family,” she finally said. “Your… folks.”
This is more true than even Lois realizes.

A smile broke out on his face as relief and excitement filled him. “Family? I have folks?” Excitement that he wasn’t alone. Relief that Cat was wrong about him being Superman.
Now Cat really has no hope of forcing her theory. I am smile1 but I have to wonder if this revelation has doomed this earth. I hope not.

Luck would be getting him to stop.
smile1 she wants less to do with Luthor.

Maybe he’s heard word about Superman.”
Well he does think he killed Superman, but I doubt he would tell Lois that.

it perturbed her that Clark had been right about Lex, before she was.
smile1 I am just glad she became right about him by now, although she does not distrust him enough.

Lex Luthor hated Clark.

It wasn’t just hatred; it was irrational hatred. Lex was jealous of her relationship with Clark.
smile1 he is getting a little bit of his memory back.

“No. Not really, it’s just a feeling,” he said, and she recognized the fake smile he put on his lips. “If he will only meet you in person, I can come with you.”
That does sound like a good plan at one level, but I don't know if it would work.

Her vibe said to keep Lex and Clark apart, and she wasn’t going to discount that suspicion.
Hopefully this will include not tipping off Lex to the fact that Kent is alive.

“You’re more important to me,” she said softly.
This is a good thing to tell him.

She hated to leave Clark here in a place he didn’t recognize to go and meet with Lex, but Lex had insisted that he could only tell her his news in person.
I still have a strong suspicion that Lex will try to prevent her from leaving.

She knew Earth’s only true hope was Superman, wherever he might be.
And she stopped him from getting the sun he needed to recover.

His gaze moved from their entwined hands up to her eyes. “Are we more than friends?” he finally asked.
hyper It is the moment of truth.

“How close?” Clark asked. His chest touched hers, and they still held hands between them.
hyper she is showing him how close they are.

breathed more than spoke as his lips descended onto hers.
party more kissing.

A loud banging made them jump apart.
Of course it is Jimmy.

Clark moved first, pulling her tightly against him and kissing her once more. “I’ll send him away,” he said between kisses.
party yes even more kissing.

“Cancel. Stay with me,” Clark pleaded.
I think this is a good plan.

“Yes!” she agreed both with her words and with kisses;
party she is staying with Clark and ignoring Lex.

“No,” Lois said, pulling away from Clark.
frown she is going to go meet Luthor.

“Lex might have something. You’re right. He’s big. He might know something. I’ve got to go,”
I am a little less worried that he will not let her leave. It would be the end for him, unless he really thinks Nightfall will hit and destroy the current society.

“There is no tomorrow night, Lois.”
Somehow I doubt that, what with this story heading above 100 parts.

Still I wish Lois had stayed. I don't trust Luthor to let her go, although I hope he does let her go. I am sure she will not willingly stay with him.

John Pack Lambert
S
Merriwether
Merriwether
S
How funny - Cat is trying so hard to really help Clark and Lois keeps getting in the way.

Ralph’s Taj Mahal ?
I'm worried about Jimmy. frown

Joan

Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Thanks for reading.

Christina: smile1
*queue the sound of squealing delight*
I love that sound. laugh

I knew the scene where he asks her essentially point blank would work here! I doesn't change his memories but it DOES help them move forward (sorta, you just gotta hate Jimmy at times like this.)
Jimmy works hard for his nickname. Anyway, THEY had invited him over.

Joan: More of Cat, Lois, and Clark coming up. evil

I'm worried about Jimmy.
So, you think that there is a chain of Ralph foreign food restaurants specializing in botulism? Well, what else can you expect from a restaurant when it tells you how you'll feel right in the title? devil

VirginiaR.
---
"clearly there is a lack of understanding between those two... he speaks Lunkheadanian and she Stubbornanian" -- chelo.
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
John: For some reason, I thought you might like this part. <<whistle innocently>>

Kinda, sorta, not really.

This was not wise telling him so soon. Of course it does not help that Cat only knows that Ck=SM, she does not understand that he has always been CK, she thinks it is a recent inovation.
True.

Fortunantly this is actually not the case.
But based on the information they have an accurate guess.

I would have to agree with him here. The sane thing would have been to get him to go stand in the sun of the huge newsroom window to "warm up".
Windows! I forgot about them, but I figured she wanted to get him somewhere private where they talked.

Then why did it take her a few days to even consider telling Perry? I think she is revising the past.
Well, actually, it was only a day, when she was looking at the blow-up picture Jimmy made. Then she debated the pros and cons with herself... The time between Superman's arrival and B39's raid was much shorter in my story.

Actually it is a normal phenomenon for those with secret identities.
clap I love how you didn't think it was someone else.

You might have noticed that things don't happen overnight in my stories.

That's not true. She planted the idea that he's Superman in his head.

Even if that was true Lois is not about to accept it. However I am unconvinced it is true.
CAT: Correction, the world needs me to help Clark more than for you to.

False claims of being Superman would not have held up very long.
CLARK: I don't know. It seemed to work well with Cat. And if I'm trying to con a woman into bed, how long a con does it need to be for a one night stand?

No going to see Luthor.
cool

She is wise to avoid mentioning that their working together was at one point a punishment.
LOIS: I don't like to think about that.

More evidence that could work with Cat's claims.
CAT: [Linked Image]

She's Lois. She can get herself out of anything. wink

VirginiaR.
---
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
-- Continuation of Response to John's FDK --
So she totally avoided his question.
LOIS: [Linked Image]

This is more true than even Lois realizes.
Well, kinda, sorta, not really in this dimension.

Now Cat really has no hope of forcing her theory. I am <smiling> but I have to wonder if this revelation has doomed this earth. I hope not.
There is another way for Clark to believe Cat.

Well he does think he killed Superman, but I doubt he would tell Lois that.
LEX: Lookie there, it's not on my to-do list.

I am just glad she became right about him by now, although she does not distrust him enough.
Do you mean "fear"?

she is understanding the truth.
Lois needs to discover things for herself.

Somehow I doubt that will work.
Well, she can always try.

he is getting a little bit of his memory back.
CAT: See! Sunlight!

That does sound like a good plan at one level, but I don't know if it would work.
LEX: Lois come with me. Mr. Kent, why don't you stay here with Nigel St. John. He'd like to show you the view from my balcony.

Hopefully this will include not tipping off Lex to the fact that Kent is alive.
LOIS: Clark? Clark who?

This is a good thing to tell him.
CLARK: I'll accept it. laugh

I still have a strong suspicion that Lex will try to prevent her from leaving.
LEX: [Linked Image]

Actually, they spent the afternoon outside waiting for the launch of the Asgard rocket with the crowds.

It is the moment of truth.
Yes.

she is showing him how close they are.
Actually, he leaned against her chest, but she took hold of his hand, so...

more kissing.
LOIS: About time!

Of course it is Jimmy.
They did invite him.

yes even more kissing.
CLARK: What? You expected me to stop after wanting to kiss her all day?

Except for the fact Lex might actually know something useful. WE know he doesn't, but they don't.

she is staying with Clark and ignoring Lex.
LOIS: It is tempting. Yes.

she is going to go meet Luthor.
LOIS: Work before pleasure.

I am a little less worried that he will not let her leave. It would be the end for him, unless he really thinks Nightfall will hit and destroy the current society.
You mean, because Super Clark will destroy Lex if he doesn't let Lois leave his bunker, which Lex would never admit to and certainly would never allow Lois to tell anyone else about?

Somehow I doubt that, what with this story heading above 100 parts.
It could be a very long night? Day never comes again?

Still I wish Lois had stayed. I don't trust Luthor to let her go, although I hope he does let her go. I am sure she will not willingly stay with him.
LOIS: Handsome hunk wants me back at his apartment and possible death from world destruction vs. underground lair for 3 years with creepy guy chasing me around and no escape? Hmmmmm.

VirginiaR.
---
J
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
J
Kinda, sorta, not really.
Not really good, or she doen't really know, or both?

But based on the information they have an accurate guess.
True. Only if Clark can remember in detail will the realize his secret was not compromised. Which might lead them to not suspect Luthor if he acts in ways that show he has no clue that CK=SM.

Windows! I forgot about them, but I figured she wanted to get him somewhere private where they talked.
I think Clark would have been better off emotionally not having the talk with Cat.

Well, actually, it was only a day, when she was looking at the blow-up picture Jimmy made. Then she debated the pros and cons with herself... The time between Superman's arrival and B39's raid was much shorter in my story.
Actually, I don't think it was ever clear in canon. Except that "Neverending Battle" was supposed to be before "Stange Visitor", but they switched the order for unknown reasons. Luckily they never showed Clark's apartment in "Strange Visitor" or it really would have been clear things were not in order.

hyper Lois will figure out he is SM.

</font><blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><hr /><font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Fortunantly this fear that an enemy knows who he really is is unforunded.
But it's good advice to be extra careful since someone wants him dead, right?
Except bringing up the idea that Lois may be in danger because of it seems to needlessly stoke his fears for her safety.

So, Lois knowing that CK=SM won't help her understand better why he's the person he is?
Well, she might understand a little more, but she will still not understand lots of things. She might even understand less. It depends on whether she still belives his stories of foster care and seeing his parents die and his horrible fiancee.

Too much info again. If Cat was thinking she should have said "on your last undercover assignment".
She clarifies this. laugh
True, but it would have been better to not mention the location at all.

Clark:I like thinking about being in the honeymoon suite with Lois.

He does have a point. She really has no clue what happened in the honeymoon suite.
Or otherwise.

CAT: And who's fault is that?
Yours because you have been less than friendly with Lois. If you were better friends with Lois she might tell you what was up.

Lois is back.
clap I love how you didn't think it was someone else.
Well, I might have read ahead before commenting. However, I think on the first read I was sure it was Lois. No one else made sense.

You might have noticed that things don't happen overnight in my stories.
Except Cat figuring out that CK=SM.

That's not true. She planted the idea that he's Superman in his head.
I still think the interactions with Cat were net negative. Although maybe I am ignoring the huge astroid about to hit a little too much. I guess they don't have time for Clark to recover at the spead Lois did after thinking she was Wanda Detroit.

She is wise to avoid mentioning that their working together was at one point a punishment.
LOIS: I don't like to think about that.
Lois:Plus I no longer remember it as a punishment.

She's Lois. She can get herself out of anything. wink
Then why does Superman have to rescue her so often?

John Pack Lambert
J
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
J
I am just glad she became right about him by now, although she does not distrust him enough.
Do you mean "fear"?
Hmm, maybe that is the problem. Lois just plain does not fear people. Even after they shot her.

Lois:It was an accident.

he is getting a little bit of his memory back.
CAT: See! Sunlight!
I am unconvinced this is a result of exposure to the sun.

Actually, they spent the afternoon outside waiting for the launch of the Asgard rocket with the crowds.
This is a good thing then. Although, how did they justify Clark being in public when they are trying to keep his recovery secret?

CLARK: What? You expected me to stop after wanting to kiss her all day?
Well, I was afraid such might happen when Jimmy showed up.

Except for the fact Lex might actually know something useful. WE know he doesn't, but they don't.
Has Lex ever known something useful?

LOIS: Handsome hunk wants me back at his apartment and possible death from world destruction vs. underground lair for 3 years with creepy guy chasing me around and no escape? Hmmmmm.
Well there is a reason I never said I thought Lois would willingly stay there. I am just less sure that she will have any choice.

John Pack Lambert
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Originally posted by John Lambert:
Not really good, or she doen't really know, or both?
She doesn't really know.

True. Only if Clark can remember in detail will the realize his secret was not compromised. Which might lead them to not suspect Luthor if he acts in ways that show he has no clue that CK=SM.
LEX: If I did know, would I give my hand away?

I think Clark would have been better off emotionally not having the talk with Cat.
CAT: Hey! I'm trying here!

Actually, I don't think it was ever clear in canon. Except that "Neverending Battle" was supposed to be before "Stange Visitor", but they switched the order for unknown reasons. Luckily they never showed Clark's apartment in "Strange Visitor" or it really would have been clear things were not in order.
I think they may have shown him still at the apartment (on the pay phone talking with his folks) in "Strange Visitor". I always assumed it (in canon) was a few days by the number of different newspapers which came out with a variety of photos of Superman on them between when he flew the Prometheus up (and Lois said she had been to the space station to Cat) and when Superman flies her into the office.

There was an 80s cartoon, I think it was called "Jem and the rockers", where for reasons that I may have understood then but have since forgotten the female lead has a secret identity and it bothers her to no end her boyfriend is in love with both her and the secret identity. She may have even internalized this problem more than Clark ever did.
I vaguely remember that show. There's a modern live action remake called "Hanna Montana". You may have heard of it. That would make sense.

So does Clark only get sun energy where his skin is directly exposed to the sun?
It's a popular plot device used by female fanfic writers though. wink

CAT: It couldn't hurt, could it? I mean other than give him hypothermia again.

CAT: And WHOSE fault is that for not telling me all the juicy details?
EW: <<silently raises hand>>

Too bad Clark does not have a priest friend in Metropolis he can easily turn to.
Nah, he lives out of town.

I still am not convinced Dr. McCorkle's advice was good. Would she have given the same advice if Lois was his fiancee? If she was his wife?
True. But Lois claimed not to be involved with Clark.

But if I awoke with amnesia and some strange man said he was my husband, I believe I would feel MORE awkward towards him than if he said we're "roommates".

Well, standing on the roof while clothed will given him some level of boost of his super-strength.
CAT: razz Take 'em off, big fella!

Well Clark never explicitly said he grew up in this dimension.
True.

No, just a lunkhead.
CLARK: What's that?

What is so confusing about the idea that Clark remembers nothing?
He remembers some things. He knows how to walk, talk, eat, kiss...

CAT: He knows how to kiss?

Lois:I may still have a little anger over it, but it is not in anyway what has prevented us from moving this relationship forward. The reason that Clark and I have not yet made love is that he has refused to.
CAT: Man, I'm so out of the loop. Why hasn't Clark told me that you guys are in a relationship? hyper

VirginiaR.
---
Boards Chief Administrator
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Online Content
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
“Contact with what?” Clark asked, glancing down at her.
Lois’s ex-jewelry.

It had stumped the doctor at the hospital at how he could have obtained a localized sunburn in February in Metropolis.
Jellyfish. One of those that didn’t get eaten by the sharks.

In the end, they had assumed it was some sort of radiation burn and had treated it as such.
So, they’re actually quite competent?

“Krypto-whatsit?” he stammered.
razz

He realized the fingers of her other hand weren’t just resting on his chest, but unbuttoning his shirt. He jumped away. “What are you doing?” he gasped, clutching his shirt.
CAT: Staying in training?

“So, Superman is solar powered?” he scoffed. Likely story.
[img]http://darkaeon.files.wordpress.com/2009/05/little-shop-of-horrors-728550.jpg?w=551[/img] Snob.

Had he told her that he was Superman as a way of interesting her in him?
Yeah. He was really hard up at the time and she thought that he was the way way before.

A horrible gambler as well as someone who would lie to women to get them into bed?
RALPH: Baby brother! It *is* you. I thought I’d never find you again after Dad sold you to the gypsies for a sixpack and a joint.

“If I’m so in love with Lois, why haven’t I told her this big secret?” he inquired skeptically.
Because he’s a liar and a cheat?

Personally, I think you’re scared that she might reject you, despite her being head over heels in love with Superman.”

Clark turned away from Cat and leaned against a wall, staring out at the Metropolitan skyline.
Yeah, I think so too, Clark. What a soap opera. :rolleyes:
wink

And don’t worry about someone hurting her to get to you. Lois will be fine. Nobody is tougher than she is.
LEX: cool I won’t have to pull my punches.

“I know you, Clark. I know nothing happened.”
LOIS: He’s told her about his performance issues? mad

You aren’t the type of man to do a one-night stand.
RACHEL: grumble

I’ve never seen a man more in love, Clark. Trust me; I’ve seen plenty of men who thought they were in love.”
Cat, you can’t measure love with a tape rule.

His brow furrowed. Was that a yes or a no? Because he couldn’t see how it was hard to believe at all.
laugh

“Let’s just say, I know the difference between a man who is out for fun and a man who wants more,” she said with a wink.
Well, she has to. Otherwise, she’s wasting a lot of time in the bars.

“Now, let’s get that shirt off and get you some sun exposure,” she said, returning her attention to his chest and loosening his tie.
Lois won’t like that fixation on getting him undressed.

Suddenly, Cat was jerked away from Clark and thrown to the gravelly roof.
See?

“What in the hell, Cat?” Lois voice roared out of the silence.
laugh also, better without the ‘in’? You can’t scream it like that.

Lois gazed at Clark with regret, and started to button up his shirt.
laugh Poor girl, being forced to follow up on her own words.

“I’m blaming her, not you, Clark. It’s okay to tell her ‘no’.”
CLARK: I’m allowed to say no?
LOIS: Not to me.

“Lois, you don’t know anything,” Cat spat at her. “Clark needs me more now than he does you!”
She does realize that she’s currently on a rooftop and Superman still needs a new [Linked Image]

“You’re my responsibility. Mine! I shouldn’t have left you,” Lois said, berating herself. “I’m not leaving you again. No matter what anybody says! Got it?”
So, don’t hop into the van with the nice British gentleman handing out candy?

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, our favorite show, life, and more! (It’s almost like the IRC days of old again!)

I go by Michael on the Archives.
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Online Content
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Yep, Clark felt firmly stuck in the ‘partner zone’.
That is worse than the friend zone, isn’t it?

She grinned at him. “More experienced perhaps. We’re equals now,” she insisted, continuing down the stairs. “You’ve proven yourself a competent reporter.”
Well, he does have a couple of years on her.

A thought flitted through his mind. “But you like it on top, right?”

Lois slipped, and their enclosed hands were what stopped her from falling down the stairs. “What? What?” she sputtered, grabbing onto the railing with her other hand.
Atta EW.

He wanted to press her on the definition of ‘like’.
She likes him like a DFCB?

He knew she hadn’t been right, but it was nice to know that everyone’s fate wasn’t resting on his brainless shoulders.
Awwww, it’s nice that he can pretend for a little while longer that there’s no performance pressure on him.

Damn, it perturbed her that Clark had been right about Lex, before she was.
wave Michael

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, our favorite show, life, and more! (It’s almost like the IRC days of old again!)

J
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
J
I still am not convinced Dr. McCorkle's advice was good. Would she have given the same advice if Lois was his fiancee? If she was his wife?
True. But Lois claimed not to be involved with Clark.
I guess even though McCorkle could tell there was something between Lois and Clark, the fact she denied it shows it is in its early stage.

He remembers some things. He knows how to walk, talk, eat, kiss...

CAT: He knows how to kiss?
More importantly he remembers that he does not kiss you.

CAT: Man, I'm so out of the loop. Why hasn't Clark told me that you guys are in a relationship? sad
Because he values secrets. He has seen what happens when too many people learn something that is best kept private, so he keeps as much as possible private. Anyway, telling his parents is one thing, telling another woman before he has permission just does not work.

I don't know if it would have gotten him fired, being that she was the one who propositioned him.

PERRY: Yep, he'd have been toast.
OK, Perry could not have fired him for that. However, he seems to be an at will employee, so Perry could probably just fire him without giving a reason. Or giving as a reason a need to have good relationships in the newsroom. ALthough, since Clark would have wnated more than just a one-night stand, he probably could have convinced Lois to not be too mad at him, well he could have told him he was SM and worked through her anger. However Clark just would not have done something like that, so it is a mute point.

CAT: But it makes him fear being with Lois, right? I mean, I didn't mean that. I mean... what do I mean?
Actually I think it makes him want to be with Lois more.

Clark:I like thinking about being in the honeymoon suite with Lois.
CLARK: Is that like being in the hospital with Meena?
It can be in your mind at least.

Well, I might have read ahead before commenting. However, I think on the first read I was sure it was Lois. No one else made sense.
It COULD have been Jimmy Interruptus.
Nah, that only applies with Lois.

Then why does Superman have to rescue her so often?
LOIS: He has a overprotective gene.
But she has said octopus.

This is a good thing then. Although, how did they justify Clark being in public when they are trying to keep his recovery secret?
Because they weren't with the press, but in the area with the crowds. Anonymous in the crowd.
I guess that makes sense. It still seems he should avoid large crowds if he wants to pretend to be dead.

Has Lex ever known something useful?
Wasn't he useful in the "Ides of Metropolis" with that software guy? And in "HiM" with Rourke?
Well, he did not know anything useful with Rourke, they told him not the other way around. With "Ides of Metropolis" I was going to point out it is in the future, but I guess Lois lived it already. Maybe even twice. I guess maybe then Luthor gave them something useful, but Lois and Clark also always talked to him as a team.

John Pack Lambert
J
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
J
It had stumped the doctor at the hospital at how he could have obtained a localized sunburn in February in Metropolis.
I am pretty sure you should change "hospitaal at how" to just "hosptial how".

John Pack Lambert
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Michael: I should catch up with you hopefully by this weekend. Wait, tomorrow's Friday? clap

As a minor point, yes, Clark you are.

MARTHA: Clark Jeremy Kent. This is no way to talk to a lady.
LOIS: She’s not the lady. She’s the tramp.
Jeremy?

She also had sexual intercourse with Claude. And tried to with Paul. There’s got to have been a couple of boys in highschool.
So, you're hoping for some blood? Ralph tried to rape her in another time...

Oh, dear. Well, good thing Clark lives a long time. Once he gets out of jail for those murders, he should have SOME life left, right?

She’s been known as Hurricane Lane for a reason.
Not in this universe.

“Oh, please, Clark. Only you could be jealous of yourself,” Cat said.
CLARK: It’s a superpower?
clap

<<Little Shop of Horrors>> Snob.
Do you know that there's an old Swedish (I think) film, black and white, if I remember correctly, non-musical version of this story? I saw it before Steve Martin's LSoH came out. I do remember it had subtitles and was scary.

Yeah. He was really hard up at the time and she thought that he was the way way before.
Hey, it's always possible.

RALPH: Baby brother! It *is* you. I thought I’d never find you again after Dad sold you to the gypsies for a sixpack and a joint.
CLARK: eek

Because he’s a liar and a cheat?
CLARK: Right. I forgot.

Yeah, I think so too, Clark. What a soap opera. <<rolleyes>>
<<winking>>
laugh

LEX: <<cool>> I won’t have to pull my punches.
LOIS: Oh, goody! Does that mean I don't have to pull mine either? Oh, btw, my lips are attached to my knee reflex, and any part of my body below my neck.

LOIS: He’s told her about his performance issues? <<mad>>
No. Why would anything happen with Lois, if nothing would happen with Cat?

RACHEL: <<grumble>>
CLARK: Hey, she started it.

Cat, you can’t measure love with a tape rule.
CAT: No, but you can measure a good time that way. laugh

Well, she has to. Otherwise, she’s wasting a lot of time in the bars.
CAT: My whole life is spent at cocktail parties masquerading as charity functions. Why would I need to set food in a bar?

Lois won’t like that fixation on getting him undressed.
But she'll understand it, because she's been afflicted with the same disease, right?

also, better without the ‘in’? You can’t scream it like that.
Good point. It's fixed. Screaming is very important.

Poor girl, being forced to follow up on her own words.
CLARK: Um... Lois?... Why are you caressing my chest? I thought we were heading down to the news... <<finds Lois's lips pressed against his and the buttons on his shirt flying through the air>> Okay. This is better. Much warmer. I see your point. Should I drop my pants too?

CLARK: I’m allowed to say no?
LOIS: Not to me.
CLARK: Do I look that stupid?
LOIS: Do you really want me to answer that?

She does realize that she’s currently on a rooftop and Superman still needs a new <<batteries>>
Yes, Cat knows this. Lois does not understand the whole plant gets bigger with sunlight theory.

So, don’t hop into the van with the nice British gentleman handing out candy?
CLARK: But, Looooooo-iiiis. It was CHOCOLATE!

VirginiaR.
---
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
-- Continuation of Response to Michael's FDK --

That is worse than the friend zone, isn’t it?
I'm going to go out on a limb and say "yes".

Well, he does have a couple of years on her.
CLARK: Unfortunately, I couldn't include my work in another dimension on my resume. It's why Perry didn't hire me at first, because he didn't know that we'd worked together for years back in my dimension.

Atta EW.
[Linked Image]

He wanted to press her on the definition of ‘like’.

ER: She likes him like a DFCB?
Oh. Oh. I can't say that on this board... Or that... ARGH! wave

VirginiaR.
---
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Originally posted by John Lambert:
I guess even though McCorkle could tell there was something between Lois and Clark, the fact she denied it shows it is in its early stage.
She's basically telling Lois to wait until he figures out he's in love with her.

More importantly he remembers that he does not kiss you.
CAT: NOoooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!

Because he values secrets. He has seen what happens when too many people learn something that is best kept private, so he keeps as much as possible private. Anyway, telling his parents is one thing, telling another woman before he has permission just does not work.
Good point.

OK, Perry could not have fired him for that. However, he seems to be an at will employee, so Perry could probably just fire him without giving a reason. Or giving as a reason a need to have good relationships in the newsroom. Although, since Clark would have wanted more than just a one-night stand, he probably could have convinced Lois to not be too mad at him, well he could have told him he was SM and worked through her anger. However Clark just would not have done something like that, so it is a mute point.
One night stands between Lois and Clark have been explored in other fic. May I recommend... Caroline K's excellent Stardust ?

Nah, that only applies with Lois.
Perry?

I guess that makes sense. It still seems he should avoid large crowds if he wants to pretend to be dead.
He wasn't on stage in front of them.

Well, he did not know anything useful with Rourke, they told him not the other way around. With "Ides of Metropolis" I was going to point out it is in the future, but I guess Lois lived it already. Maybe even twice. I guess maybe then Luthor gave them something useful, but Lois and Clark also always talked to him as a team.
LEX: I told them it was tsunami (in canon). And I let Lois know that Clark didn't have a past. Really, I'm quite a good friend to her.

LOIS: Debatable.

CLARK: [Linked Image] This man clearly doesn't understand the definition of "friend".

I am pretty sure you should change "hospital at how" to just "hosptial how".
Thanks. Fixed.

VirginiaR.
---
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Online Content
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
I should catch up with you hopefully by this weekend. Wait, tomorrow's Friday? [Wallbash] By the end of this weekend? [Big Grin]
[Linked Image] I’ve been buuussssy!

Met County Hospital Doctors: <embarrassed that they all failed medical school and are now only allowed to treat the financially disadvantaged>
blush

Jeremy?
For some reason I thought that’s Alt-Clark’s middle name.

Oh, dear. Well, good thing Clark lives a long time. Once he gets out of jail for those murders, he should have SOME life left, right?
[Linked Image] Plus, he’ll make great friends with his cell-husband Bubba.

LOIS: So, appearances are deceiving?
They’d better, given how she is often described as a stuck-up matron.

But Arthur Chow's faces this direction.
And she just convinced him that she’s a respectable librarian. Huh, maybe it’s her twin-sister?

It's been a while since I watched that movie with Seymour. I take it he's solar powered? I thought he fed on people.
Good point. Was still thinking Delvian there.

Do you know that there's an old Swedish (I think) film,
Nope.

LOIS: Oh, goody! Does that mean I don't have to pull mine either? Oh, btw, my lips are attached to my knee reflex, and any part of my body below my neck.
wave Michael

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard