Lois & Clark Fanfic Message Boards
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
Okay, so I got an advance copy and I've read this (several times) already... I just had to read it again. You know, since it was posted and everything...

<WAFFy sigh> Perfect.

PJ

"You told me you weren't like other men," she said, shaking her head at him when the storm of laughter had passed.
He grinned at her - a goofy, Clark Kent kind of a grin. "I have a gift for understatement."
"You can say that again," she told him.
"I have a...."
"Oh, shut up."

--Stardust, Caroline K
J
Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
J
AWWWW!!! laugh laugh laugh

AltClark is happy!! What else can we wish for?

Julia *happily sighing* notworthy

Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Hi,

Beautiful. drool

MAF thumbsup

Maria D. Ferdez.
---
Don't like Luthor, unfinished, untitled and crossover story, and people that promises and don't deliver. I'm getting choosy with age.
MAF
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Awww that was very ssweet...sigh. Laura

Clark: “If we can be born in an instant, and die in an instant, why can’t we fall in love in an instant?”

Caroline's "Stardust"
Top Banana
Top Banana
thumbsup

Yay!!! You even got them together without making it sound too cliche!!! I love it!

Julie smile

Mulder: Imagine if you could come back and take out five people who had caused you to suffer. Who would they be?
Scully: I only get five?
Mulder: I remembered your birthday this year, didn't I, Scully?

(The X-Files)
Features Writer
Online Content
Features Writer
Waffy sighs indeed. Very lovely, Wendy. sloppy I loved the way these two lonely people reached out to each other, and the way that Lois found herself falling more deeply in love with Clark, almost without realizing that it was happening at first...

I liked that Clark is seeing the differences between the two Loises, which of course he has to do if he truly doesn't view "this" Lois as a substitute. And I think Lois took all the information that Clark threw at her over these past two sections with incredible composure - yet another difference between the two Loises. laugh

Even if Clark is ready to marry her in a heartbeat, it would be too soon for both of them. I imagine he'll have some adventures as he gets to know this Lois Lane. But they're drawn to each other, and they've let each other know that the feelings are there. And that's enough. For now. [Linked Image]

Wonderfully waffy, Wendy. Thanks.
Kathy

"Our thoughts form the universe. They always matter." - Babylon 5
T
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
T
Wendy

You already know that I love this story. smile1

You did a brilliant job depicting Clark's depression then his hope and joy when Lois arrives. thumbsup

Congratulations on a superb story! I thoroughly enjoyed it. clap

Tricia cool

Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
Good grief, Wendy! What are you doing to me, woman!? You've almost inspired me to decorate my flat, after all!

Seriously, the story is delightful. You capture the dismal mood of Clark's perfectly. Of course he's going to be ambivalent (at best) about Christmas. All that jollity being thrust in his face... And the kindly meant 'Merry Christmases' and happiness of friends and acquaintances can only jar more painfully than usual with the way he's feeling.

And then... and then you somehow manage to pull everything around for him.

Okay, so I think that they fell in love disgustingly easily here, particularly Lois. However, I think that fits the needs of a short story, so I'm not going to complain. And the last line was so perfect.

Of course, you do realise that there are questions that need to be answered. How will Lucy react? And Perry? In fact... the whole world, really.

Oh, and Lois is only half-right about having lost five years of her life. She has, certainly, missed five years, but presumably her life-span has simply been shifted by five years. (Or maybe I'm being silly, and not making sense.)

Well, now you've actually managed to make me feel Christmassy, I guess I'd better go off and do some Christmassy things.

Kudos.

Chris

Kerth
Kerth
The perfect end!! smile1

"Practice up your shielding spells...and remember to duck if you see green light coming your way."

Harry Potter to Wizengamot in OotP trial

A Bad Week in the Wizengamot
G
Columnist
Columnist
G
Wendy, this was a nice Christmas fic where Clark and Lois got the most important gifts--the promise of each other.

Very nice.

gerry

Top Banana
Top Banana
<big waffy sigh>

How lovely, Wendy. So sweet and tender - I like that this Lois is so open that she doesn't have her guard up instantly and is seeing the potential in Clark.

Had to LOL at this:
“You think?” she threw back at him, mildly sardonic. “Come on, Clark - I’ve just been brought five years into the future by a time-traveller who’s also a dead writer, and I’ve met an alien from another planet who can fly... I mean, what can be weirder than that?”
And I'm also very glad that Clark didn't have to spend Christmas alone, giving up on the holiday spirit that is so charming.

Thanks for sharing, Wendy. This was a great story to read before leaving on holiday.
thumbsup
Lynn

You know that boy'd walk on water for you? Or he'd drown tryin'. -Perry White to Lois in Just Say Noah
Freelance Reporter
Freelance Reporter
That was a superb ending. I loved your Lois characterization throughout this story; the way she was similar in many regards to the other Universe's Lois, but with enough subtle differences to make her her own person.

Fantastic, Wendy!

-Jo

T
Merriwether
Merriwether
T
Okay, since you asked.

It works for the most part. Lois has been bombarded with such an overload of unbelievable and fantastic 'stuff' that it's like she has to negotiate a particularly curvy road in a heavy fog. She forced to rely a lot on instinct and feelings rather than logic. This allows for her to 'go with the flow' more and not overthink the situation.

She's very vulnerable, having been plucked from certain death and placed into an equally dangerous (but not life threatening) situation. A world she no longer knows. By default, Clark has become her anchor to this new world. Therefore, under the unique circumstances, she is able to (and actually needs to) allow herself to become dependant on Clark, and thus more easily accept feelings that under a more normal situation she'd be more guarded about.

Having said this, I do think that Lois' 'girlfriend' comment was a bit premature. After all she is *still* a Lois Lane. I could see her comfortably (and even anxiously) agreeing to a situation where they could be friends, and then... "who knows where things will go from there". But I would have to think that any Lois Lane would be too wary to actually come out and admit that she might be interested in being a 'girlfriend' this soon.

All in all, another typically well crafted work from your keyboards, and another in the looooooong line of waffy stories we have to endure during this time of the year. wink

Tank (who says his favorite Christmas saying is: 'Bah Humbug')

Top Banana
Top Banana
This was waffy and sweet, indeed, Wendy. Yet I feel like something's missing here.

Lois is only back less than 24 hours and finds herself five years in the future. And with everything Clark told her, this is a lot to take in. Especially if you were nearly dead before taking away. So it feels like rushing. Could Lois really feal that way about Clark so soon? She hardly knows him, after all.

Not that I mind it, happy endings are great. But there are some questions unaswered. Can I hope you're going to write a sequel to this some day soon? Since I do like this Lois and Clark...

Saskia

I tawt I taw a puddy cat!
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
Wow Wendy this was just great! smile1

Raquel (who loves the holiday season smile )

"It's not the years that count, it's the moments, right now as they happen." (Clark Kent to Lois Lane - Brutal Youth - S4)
Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
Aaaaaaah drool Great ending, Wendy -- sweet and waffy and elegantly phrased. As others have said, a great Christmassy feeling [how I hate that word <g>] and yup, Chris, I agree... have this incredible urge to go decorate the tree right now, when I know there's no way possible I'll be able to fit it into the sitting room nice and tidily... what are you doing to me??????? Sentiment over pragmatism... gosh, that's never happened before wink

Loved it -- can't wait for the next one!!! wildguy

Sara smile

Death: Easy, Bill. You'll give yourself a heart attack and ruin my vacation.

Meet Joe Black
Top Banana
Top Banana
Wendy,

While I agree with Tank that the "girlfriend" thing might have been too fast and a bit unusual for any Lois Lane, I don't care. It's Christmas and this was just exactly what the holidays call for- sweet, warm, and maybe a bit gooey, but in the nicest possible way.

Loved it.

CC

You mean we're supposed to have lives?

Oh crap!

~Tank
Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
Well, for the opposition, I don't think it was too fast.

Does anyone think that if Superman had scooped down in the first few episodes and said, will you be my girlfriend, Lois would have said No? wink

Granted, she thought he was "safe" but I think Lois might have had an instant connection, just like Clark did, but the Superman thing confused matters.

It makes perfect sense to me why Lois would fall for this guy thumbsup Thanks, Wendy, for making it a Merry Christmas for Alt-Clark!

N
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
N
I think it's just fine the way it is. This is a new kind of Lois for Wendy. laugh I'd also like to see more of her. I think the 5 year gap could be played for some rather broad comedy from our mistress of plots.

Nicely done! Merry Xmas!
Sherry

Visit www.marykay.com/sfmurphy for wonderful cosmetic products and an opportunity to enrich the lives of women.
Merriwether
Merriwether
Well, as you already know, I loved it. smile I like this Lois and I have no problems believing that she'd feel the bond immediately. Clark felt it the moment he saw her in our universe, so why shouldn't this Lois feel it quickly, too? Especially when she's feeling off balanced and has been hit with a lot of tough information about her life. He's her anchor ... and she's his ... and that's just how I like it. smile

I think my favorite part was this:

She was different. He’d always felt somewhat inadequate next to that Lois. After all, she was the one with experience of Superman; she was the one who’d made him what he was, and to whom he looked to for advice. Even when he’d been in her world, by which time he’d been Superman for over a year, she’d still been the one calling the shots.

With this Lois, they were equals. And he even felt protective towards her, in a way he hadn’t really had the opportunity to be towards the other Lois.
I always love it in an AltClark story when he realizes that our Lois was right -- that his feelings for her are just a pale imitation of what he would feel for his own Lois. And this is a really good description/explanation of why he feels this way.

I am also always partial to stories where Lois has "skipped" 4-5 years of her life when she's reunited with Clark, especially when she's a happier person than our S1 Lois. I think this Clark needs a younger, more optimistic woman in his life -- he tends to worry more, to brood more, and he needs someone to bring out his fun side. And this story proved that this Lois can do exactly that for him. smile

Great Christmas story, Wendy. smile

Kathy

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard