OP Offline
Kerth
Comments go here!

Thanks to everyone who's reading.

Corrina.

#93559 02/24/13 06:58 AM
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
So now we finally have the story of Lois' marriage. While it is not exactly what I expected, it does explain why Lois felt free to love Clark. I also like the depth you gave to the marriage story. Matymbou doesn't want a constant reminder of what he has lost, and Lois wants to free Romaric.

Now comes the real challenge. In the earlier part of the story, Clark felt free to be close to Lois because she was unavailable. He couldn't really be with her, so he didn't have to risk his heart again. I'm interested to see how long it will take Lois to convince him that he is worthy of her love. They still have a couple of secrets standing in the way as well, so I suspect the road won't be an easy one.

This is an excellent story, and I look forward to more.

"Women frustrate men because they're too complicated. Men frustrate women because they're not complicated enough."
#93560 02/24/13 07:40 AM
K
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
K
The first revelation. help
Looking forward to more... notworthy

KateB
#93561 02/24/13 11:08 AM
Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
Now Clark knows now that he could be with Lois if he really wanted to. That will probably result in him wanting to run away from her as far as he can. But on the other hand he has already found out that he and Lois are already bound to each other. I don't think he will run away regardless of how much he fears being near to someone.

I hope they get the opportunity to really speak to each other soon. There is so much more Lois could do for him if she knew more about his previous life and the pain it brought for him.

Poor Clark, he is so gentle and considerate but Lana hurt him so deeply. It is as if she targeted his "weak points" specifically and used them deliberately to inflict pain.

Great powerful fic. notworthy

Kathryn
#93562 02/24/13 03:38 PM
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Well now Clark has a lot of thinking to do. very well done. More soon. Laura

Clark: “If we can be born in an instant, and die in an instant, why can’t we fall in love in an instant?”

Caroline's "Stardust"
#93563 02/24/13 05:52 PM
Merriwether
Merriwether
Ditto everything Queenie said up there ^. smile

The truth -- or at least this particular truth; there are more out there to be found -- is finally out, and Lois has explained her marriage. An interesting story, to be sure. One hurdle down ... but Kent has many more emotional roadblocks to overcome.

I'm definitely looking forward to seeing Lois help him knock them down one by one. smile

Oh, and I'm guessing Matymbou reminds Lois of Perry. Which makes me smile, to know that she's had a friend and father figure in her new life. smile

Kathy

#93564 02/25/13 08:34 AM
Top Banana
Top Banana
Ah, OK. Now things are much clearer, now that we know the nature of Lois' marriage. I agree with Kathy, that Matymbou may remind Lois of Perry...

Now if only Clark can sort out his feelings and open himself to the possibility of love again...

Good chapter! Looking forward to more! smile1

Reach for the moon, for even if you fail, you'll still land among the stars... and who knows? Maybe you'll meet Superman along the way. wink
#93565 02/25/13 12:00 PM
J
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
J
So now we know why and what Lois and Matymbou's marriage is. I wish Clark had responded, but I understand why he didn't. This is lots of information all at once, and it totally changes everything.

Lois is now available, but does he really want to risk his heart?

I was afraid that Clark was going to run away when he snuck out of the sleeping quarters. I was really glad when he didn't.

I am also glad that Lois did not push Clark for answers about anything. She knows that it is way to soon for that. It probably helps that she really does not want to tell him too much about her past either. Eventually they will need to both tell eachother about things, but I think now would be too soon.

John Pack Lambert
#93566 03/08/13 11:14 AM
Kerth
OP Offline
Kerth
QofA

Matymbou doesn't want a constant reminder of what he has lost, and Lois wants to free Romaric.
Nice summary.

He couldn't really be with her, so he didn't have to risk his heart again.
Exactly. Initially, her marriage kept him from running away.

Kate

I hope that Clark is too involved emotionally already, to even consider running away.
Although not knowing the details of Lois's marriage was frustrating for the readers, the story demanded the explanation wait until Clark had had time to become emotionally attached.

Kathryn

I could quote your entire post and say it's a great synopsis of the story so far.

Also, on a side note ... did you get my email? I replied over a week ago, but some of my emails have been going astray lately. Let me know if you didn't hear from me.

Laura

Yes, Clark will have to respond to this 'revelation'.

Kathy

Oh, and I'm guessing Matymbou reminds Lois of Perry. Which makes me smile, to know that she's had a friend and father figure in her new life.
I'm not sure if I'll ever state it outright in the story, but that's definitely what I'm thinking. smile

MM

Yep, the ball's back in Clark's court. See next part!

John

I wish Clark had responded,
This is why he didn't (yet)

I am also glad that Lois did not push Clark for answers about anything.
Thanks to everyone for the comments and continued interest in this story.

Corrina.

#93567 03/15/13 02:29 PM
rkn Offline
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
I have just now caught up on this story. Can't wait for the next part/s! hyper

thanks!

rkn
#93568 04/14/13 12:13 PM
Kerth
OP Offline
Kerth
Thanks for letting me know you're reading, rkn. It's always wonderful to have more readers.

Corrina.

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard