Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3
#93440 02/19/13 07:45 PM
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Wrong Place, Wrong Time, Wrong Clark TOC can be found Here

Got to make this quick, because my computer has already switched off on me twice "due to internal temperatures". I knew I shouldn't have watched that S2 episode of LnC, while trying to post this part. wink

evil

Also, yes, "Meena" is Lois's interpretation of how she thinks "Minha" is spelled.

Hopefully my computer will be feeling better by Friday night. If not, I'll be posting from my laptop. (The wonders of e-mailing your story to yourself. It saves in back-up disks).

Comments?

Last edited by VirginiaR; 05/14/14 12:20 PM. Reason: Added Link

VirginiaR.
"On the long road, take small steps." -- Jor-el, "The Foundling"
---
"clearly there is a lack of understanding between those two... he speaks Lunkheadanian and she Stubbornanian" -- chelo.
S
Merriwether
Merriwether
S
Once again you tease us! Tea, indeed. :p

Joan

J
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
J
Jonathan and Meena
I have to admit that this heading initially totally confused me. This is partly because I have always thought of Minha as pronounced how I would say "My nah". I know that it really is pronounced me, but I am so ingraned into English pronouncing that I have always mispronounced it, and so it initially totally baffled me.

When one wasn’t allowed visitors, television, radio, reading, or communication with the outside world,
Wait, they are not allowing him to read? This does sound harsh.

He was allowed a visitor. Thank goodness.
Lois:He really is off if he is not focused on them not letting me in.

[Qute]The inspector stared at him[/Quote]

Henderson is probably by now totally concinved CK=SM.

“But you usually wear them; maybe you have astigmatism.”
This is probably the best reason to tell Clark at this point.

When Henderson pulled out the glasses from the side pocket of the bag, a piece of paper fluttered out. The inspector scowled, muttering something under his breath that sounded like ‘Bane’, but probably was ‘insane’.
Lois:How can Clark not recognize my name?

“What?” Clark asked, but the man shook off the comment as unimportant. Not to be deterred, Clark pointed at the paper. “What’s that? Is that for me?”
I am sure it is.

Chuck,

I wish I could see you, but it’s up to me now to save the world. Perry, Jimmy, and I miss you. Okay, Cat does too. Take care and come home soon.

Love,

Meena
I did figure out who Meena was at this point, and I guess it makes sense she spells it this way.

Clark looked at Henderson with confusion. “No, this isn’t for me,” he said, sighing with disappointment.
I guess it makes sense he thinks this. He does not know about Chuck.

“It’s for some guy named ‘Chuck’ with kids and a cat. Meena must be his wife.”
hyper at least he still recognizes this important truth.

Another voice, a female voice, inside his head told him that ‘if he couldn’t say something nice, it was better not to say anything at all’.
It seems if this is a quote, it would probably be "if you can't say something nice", this looks more like a paraphrase.

“Sure you are, John,” Michelle said, not believing him.
My first reaction was that she really did not pay attention to her patients.

“I know, but that’s what it says on your chart,” Michelle said. “‘John Doe’.”
I had forgotten that Henderson had not told them his identity.

His stomach churned unpleasantly at that name.
At some level he remembers the show down with Tempus under that name. At first I wondered why, and then I remembered that this is after alt-Clark went to help during that problem.

“It doesn’t only pertain to dead bodies, you know, as it does on TV,” she told him. “It also works for those of us with no memories.”
I would have to say this is just an even more annoying line from the nurse. She is not a person with no memory, so her use of "us" just comes across as a false attempt at empathy.

“What’s the difference between John and Jonathan?” she asked in a teasing tone.
Oh I really do not like this nurse. Being named John and having dealt with far too many people who think that it is just a nickname for Jonathan, I have to say that this is the most cringeworthy line ever.

He shook his head. “I don’t know. There just is.”

She shrugged. “Jonathan, it is, then.”
So now I understand the section heading. Until this point I figured we would be seeing Smallville this section.

He hadn’t wanted the inspector to tell him the truth just yet, if the man even knew.
I guess Henderson would have recognized this as a pciture of Lois. However it is hard to know if what he would have said about Lois would have really helped Clark at all.

For tonight, Clark hadn’t wanted the possibility of her to be ruined for him. Clark would ask Henderson in the morning.
Somehow I expect her to make it to his room before then.

Tonight this woman would be his.
Lois:I like the sound of that. But why does he not recognize me more?

Tonight he could be her ‘Chuck’. She could be his ‘Meena’.
clap Although I could not actually imagine naming a girl Perry. I am sure it has been done, but between Perry White and Perry Mason, I just could not do it.

They could live in a big house in suburbs with a yard and a cat. She could be an environmentalist… no, a super heroine, who often flew off, literally, to save the world.
laugh I am loving this idea.

Her costume would be a blue shimmery bikini top with an attached gauzy skirt and shiny golden briefs. His eyes started to drift shut, behind his sunglasses, with images of her seducing him with a tray of cupcakes.
Evidently he no longer remembers he does not eat sugar.

Lois: party party Clark is cured of his sugar aversion.

Reader:It might not last past his recovery of his memories.

John Pack Lambert
J
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
J
He heard a whoosh sound, and a cool breeze blew into the room, causing him to force open his reluctant eyes.
So Lois went outside to out manover the guards?

There standing before him in the darkened room was the woman from the drawing. Meena.
So far he is essentially 100% correct.

Her hair was a bit longer, and windblown, and her cheeks flushed from the cold, but she was every bit as beautiful as he had hoped, despite the fact that she wasn’t wearing her uniform.
Signs that he is probably not dreaming.

He didn’t move. He didn’t even want to blink. A part of him was afraid if he breathed she would disappear, or he would wake from this dream.
Somehow I don't think this is a dream.

Clark:It is clearly a dream come true.

She was wearing a pair of slacks, a white blouse, a vest, and a maroon business jacket. Maybe she was an environmentalist after all, or perhaps it was her day job.
grumble why does he only ever want to make love when we are in extremely difficult situations, likely to get interrupted any time. He could have done it in the Honeymoon suite, or when I was seducing him with my red and blue outfit, but no, he wants to do it now or when we are in a supply closet.

He couldn’t imagine ever not wanting to do that. “Yes, please. I hear it’s the best cure for being cold.”
Somehow I think it is not part of approved nurse practice though.

“Yes, the nurses were talking about it earlier, when I arrived in the E.R.”
Was Mindy there?

“Are you feeling cold now, Chuck?” she asked, laying her entire hand on his stomach.

“Actually, no,” he answered.
Clark, you arn't supposed to tell her the truth about this.

His eyes widened, and he sputtered his reply, “Don’t let anything I say stop you from making love to me, if that’s what you really want to do, Meena.”
One thing is for sure. None of Clark's dialogue so far would make Lois suspect he does not know her name.

His hands skimmed down her neck to her shoulders, where he pushed her jacket off.
He is really enjoying himself.

She pushed herself to a sitting position, next to him on the bed, and unbuttoned her vest, and tossing it off as well.
I think it should be "and tossed it off" to fit with the unbuttoned in the previous line.

He nodded. “A bit of both,” he replied honestly. How could he ever lie to such a woman?
Lois: party he will stop lieing to me.

He had no idea how she could help him. He heard the ka-thunk of her shoes hitting the floor, and then gulped as he heard her unfasten the belt at the waist of her pants.
This seems quite daring for a hospital room where a policeman or the nurse might interrupt at any moment.

She leaned over and pulled the heart rate monitor gauge from his index finger. “No heart attacks,” she told him.
I am surprised she did not do that sooner.

A few moments later, her shirt was unbuttoned to reveal a white lacy bra with a front clasp. Two seconds later, he pushed both articles of clothing from her shoulders, but he had lost the power of speech again. Luckily, his hands and mouth didn’t need words to express how he felt.
Well, it seems that Wells' theory about the curse is about to be tested.

Clark jerked upright. The heat and pleasure that had overtaken his body, causing it to spasm, had been overpowering. He blinked his eyes in the bright light. He must have dislodged his sunglasses while he slept, because they were tilted on his face, letting in the light.
so was it all a dream? All real? Some a dream, so,e real?

Did perky nurse Michelle have to come at this exact moment? When he was at the best part of his dream?
At least some of what he experiences I am sure was a dream. Ah, I was so hoping Wells' would be disproved. Hmm, although maybe Lois could convince him that it did happen, hmmm.

He groaned in disappointment that Meena hadn’t still been in his arms upon waking.
That does sound like a very heavy disappointment.

He could still feel her, rubbing his body with her hands and warming him with her mere touch.
I think though she had been here.

It had felt so real, her skin soft, and her lips fiery hot. He hoped Meena was real, was his and real.
Well, fortunantly for him, even if he dreamed the entire interaction with her, she really does exist, and really does love him.

Perhaps they had made love before,
Lois:Only in my dreams.

and he was just remembering it.
That would be a good sign.

Maybe they would do so again.
Well, there is hope for this. Well, except it is not possible to do "again" what you have not done, but still. Although if he regains his memory I have little hope for it any time soon.

He hoped so, but by the bright hospital light, he knew the truth. Meena had only been his fantasy.
Even if she had not been in his room at all, she does exist.

He didn’t have children,
This is true.

a house in the suburbs,
right again

or even a cat.
Totally right.

He wasn’t married,
This is probably the most supported conclusion of all of them. If he was Henderson would have almsot certainly told him.

and certainly not to the hot super heroine, who made love floating him into the air.
He wasn’t Chuck. He was boring old Clark Kent, reporter and loner.
Well, actually he is Chuck. Clark is not boring, and definantly not a loner. Although Henderson has done nothing to undermine that self image.

“There’s no need to grumble at me, John,” Michelle said, sticking a thermometer into his mouth.
Clark:You can't even get my name right, there is plenty to grumble at.

“You woke me up from a visit to heaven,” he said, pulling the thermometer from his mouth.
I guess that is one way to interpret his dream.

“You took off your heart rate monitor as well, I see,” she said, snapping it back on his index finger.
It does appear that Lois was there.

Meena had taken it off when his heart rate had accelerated at her touch, causing the machine to beep. No. No, she hadn’t really been there in the room. It had only been a dream. Just a dream. A dream he swore he would never forget, even if he lost what was left of his memories.
Fortunantly she seems to have been here, but where is she now?

“Must have been one hot dream.”
I don't think she meant that in the way Clark will take it.

“That must have been some dream, your sheets are all over…
More evidence that Lois was there.

and wet.
Where did that comes from?

Ovwerall I think you interactions of Clark and the nurse are well written.

John Pack Lambert
J
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
J
Lois cracked open the closet door and watched as the nurse changed Clark’s sheets.
party party Lois is really here. To this point I was not sure. Although, did they do as much as Clark remembers? Or more? or less?

She was thankful that she had decided not to hide in the bathroom or shower when she had woken to the sounds of the nurse talking to the policeman outside the door.
Yep, that would have been a bad decision. I don't think she could have hidden in the shower, and the bathroom would not have worked at all.

The nurse picked up something off the floor, glanced towards the closed bathroom door, and set it down on the table beside the bed. Lois wondered what it was, and hoped she hadn’t dropped anything.
My guess is the nurse found the picture, but I could be wrong.

She had barely time to pick up her jacket, vest, and shoes and dart into the closest before the nurse had entered to check Clark’s vitals.
So I guess Clark dreamed the removal of her slacks and blouse and bra. I guess those did seem a bit much in the circumstances.

Would Clark be able to convince the nurse to let him go straight back to bed, or would he be forced to go on a walk? Perhaps the walk to the bathroom and the shower would be enough to satisfy her.
I hope he does not have to do more walking, but we shall see.

Lois wished the woman would just leave already, so that she could finally talk to Clark.
She has no clue he did not realize she was really there, and even less that he has amnesia.

Why had the nurse kept calling Clark ‘John’? Why had he corrected her with the name ‘Jonathan’ instead of ‘Clark’?
Very good questions.

Henderson must have him here under an alias to protect him, she decided.
Mostly she is right.

She was once more impressed at the lengths the inspector was going to keep her partner safe,
Well, actually it was mostly not Henderson's doing. His protection of Clark is a lot less proactive, except with Lois.

She needed Clark.
Clark: party This lady needs me. Now I have to rmember who she is.

Lois needed her partner, off whom she could bounce ideas. She had missed that give and take that they had. Not that she would admit it to anyone, but she had felt lost without him today.
So let me get this straight. The morning before she talked to Clark before he went to EPRAD. Then she talked to Superman at EPRAD. Then that evening Clark gave her a call. When she got the message she went to his place, about 10pm, and realized he was missing. She spent the night searching every hospital. Then the next afternoon she got the message from Henderson, and went to see him. She spent a long time staking out the police station, then had to wait to go into the hospital, and it took a bit to find his room. So all told it was well under 48 hours that Clark was missing.

Lois needed Clark to hold her as he had when they had cuddled on his bed.
So they were together on the bed.

Even in his sleep, he had automatically wrapped his arms around her, as if he had been dreaming of her.
This is because he was.

Clark had mentioned to the nurse that he had dreamed he was in heaven, so maybe he had dreamed of her. Of course, he hadn’t really been asleep at first.
Ah, so he was awake, at least slightly, at least part of the time.

Lois hadn’t meant to fall asleep either, or turn him on.
I think the later is a function of her being Lois.

She especially hadn’t meant to spill the last of his cold tea onto the bed when she had bolted for the closet.
So that was what was on the bed.

She had only broken in to reassure herself of his safety and well-being, not to kiss Clark and certainly not to sleep with him.
Hmm, keep telling yourself that Lois, and you might actually believe it.

He drew her in, pulled down her defenses, and brought out a side of her that she hadn’t thought existed anymore.
With the number of times he has done this she should no longer doubt that side exists.

Perhaps he only thought he was dreaming because when he awoke she had been gone.
Well, this is one of the reasons he thinks he was dreaming. However if he had his memory he probably wouldn't. Although if he had his memory he would has stopped, even in the dream.

Either that or he was covering for her. Yes, he must have been covering for her.
Clark:I prefer you with no covering, Lois.

The way his hands had touched her… no. He must have been awake, because if he could touch her like that while he was asleep… Lois felt her face warm as naughty thoughts crossed her mind.
Evidently he really can touch her like that while alseep.

Lois needed Clark to contact Superman, so that he could save the Earth.
Sadly right now Superman might a well not exist.

So the question is, what really happened. My guess is that Lois was there, but some of the things were only in Clark's mind.

Well, I am glad Lois found Clark. She will have to realize he has memory problems pretty soon. I hope the nurse does not notice her and have her removed before she can talk with Clark.

John Pack Lambert
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Sneaky Lois, for a minute I thought she was going to be dead on the floor from the curse. More soon. Laura

Clark: “If we can be born in an instant, and die in an instant, why can’t we fall in love in an instant?”

Caroline's "Stardust"
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
FYI: I threatened to take my computer to the repair shop to have the fans checked, but then had to bring it back home because my repair guy closed shop. So, I've given my computer another good blow of air and it's currently behaving and not running its fan. We'll see how long this lasts. razz , I'm not a big fan of my extra-sensitive laptop, which likes to select and delete passages of text without my consent.

Joan: Thanks for still sticking with me. angel-devil Who? What? Me? Tease? laugh Yes, I needed the cup of tea so my readers would realize it was only their dirty minds playing tricks on them, not the EW. [Linked Image] This being a Gfic and all.

Laura: Hmmmm. Dead Lois, huh? Well, that would shorten this fic considerably. [Linked Image] So, either this Reader doesn't think that Herb being "wrong" (according to Star) means about the curse affecting alt-Clark and this Lois, or she's so ready for me to write "The End" she's willing to have me kill Lois to get it. Interesting. [Linked Image] More was prepped this afternoon for tomorrow night's posting.

VirginiaR.
---
"clearly there is a lack of understanding between those two... he speaks Lunkheadanian and she Stubbornanian" -- chelo.
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Ooops. There goes the fan again. I made it through posting two FDK responses. Gee, thanks, computer. Hopefully, it doesn't turn off on me again like it did (TWICE) Tuesday night when I was trying to do a little last minute research before posting this part (okay, and I got sucked into Dean's commentary on "Seasons Greeding", so never finished my research.)

John: Another multi-part FDK! Thank you. hyper

I have to admit that this heading initially totally confused me. This is partly because I have always thought of Minha as pronounced how I would say "My nah". I know that it really is pronounced me, but I am so ingraned into English pronouncing that I have always mispronounced it, and so it initially totally baffled me.
I can understand this. Meen-a isn't the correct pronunciation either. Google Translate has it more Meen-ya. This is just Lois's interpretation / guess on how it's spelled from only hearing the word.

And, yes, this title was supposed to baffle you and wonder if you'd be heading to Smallville. evil

Wait, they are not allowing him to read? This does sound harsh.
He's already complaining of his eyes hurting. Why would they allow him to read, which could also strain his eyes more?

Lois:He really is off if he is not focused on them not letting me in.
CLARK: I'd let them let you in, if I knew you existed.

Henderson is probably by now totally concinved CK=SM.
HENDERSON: <<fist-pump>> I have no idea to what you're referring.

This is probably the best reason to tell Clark at this point.
Even Henderson understands the need for secrecy.

Lois:How can Clark not recognize my name?
Firstly, he didn't hear it proper. Secondly, no memories. Thirdly, EW thought it would be funny to mention Bane after watching "Dark Knight Returns".

I did figure out who Meena was at this point, and I guess it makes sense she spells it this way.
LOIS: Thank you.

Neither does Henderson.

I just love his response. I reread the note, and it makes sense. Well, why you would just call a cat "cat" might be hard to say, but even Meena's afterthought mention of Cat really works with the view that cat is different.
I've known several cats named "Cat" in my lifetime (none of whom resided with me).

Hopefully he can figure out the note was for him. Although it seems also to have been written to make Henderson think he had convinced Lois to not try to reach Clark.
Yes, it was in code, although Perry, Jimmy, and Cat references kind of give it away. wink

I guess this is technically correct. Even more so now that he knows CK=SM.
Superman's personal life isn't known. As far as anyone knows, he came to Earth alone, but he could have easily brought a spouse and children, whom he doesn't want to reveal to the public at large. It could explain why he won't kiss Lois, right?

LOIS: [Linked Image] (That would be Lois with Kryptonite laser, BTW).

at least he still recognizes this important truth.
That he's a good artist?

It seems if this is a quote, it would probably be "if you can't say something nice", this looks more like a paraphrase.
Being that it was a thought, not a ghostly voice (like Lois hears), I used single quotes.

My first reaction was that she really did not pay attention to her patients.
Well, he's not her only patient.

At some level he remembers the show down with Tempus under that name. At first I wondered why, and then I remembered that this is after alt-Clark went to help during that problem.
Ding! Ding! Ding! We have a winner!

I would have to say this is just an even more annoying line from the nurse. She is not a person with no memory, so her use of "us" just comes across as a false attempt at empathy.
Old school nursing which uses Royal plural when referring to patients.

Oh I really do not like this nurse. Being named John and having dealt with far too many people who think that it is just a nickname for Jonathan, I have to say that this is the most cringeworthy line ever.
I thought you might notice that line. peep

So now I understand the section heading. Until this point I figured we would be seeing Smallville this section.
[Linked Image] <<really need a whistling devil smilie>>

I guess Henderson would have recognized this as a pciture of Lois. However it is hard to know if what he would have said about Lois would have really helped Clark at all.
[Linked Image]

Somehow I expect her to make it to his room before then.
LOIS: I should hope so!

Lois:I like the sound of that. But why does he not recognize me more?
[Linked Image]

Although I could not actually imagine naming a girl Perry. I am sure it has been done, but between Perry White and Perry Mason, I just could not do it.
I thought Mayson was a strange woman's name too. SQD used "Perry" for Lois's daughter in one of her fics, which is where it came from.

I am loving this idea.
Clark's had a really LONG boring day. His imagination is going wild.

Nope. Also, the cupcakes is in reference to how Lois greeted him at the door once during "Lois and Clarks".

VirginiaR.
---
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
-- Continuation of Response to John's FDK --

My homage to the old George Reeves Superman show which seems to have them out on the ledge all the time.

CLARK: Why would this woman fly in my window?

Somehow I don't think this is a dream.

Clark:It is clearly a dream come true.
smile1

Lois: <dance> he is calling my by my special name.
Well, at least, it confirms his identity, right?

Half of me wonders if it should be "as she had arrived", but maybe this form works.
Nah, you're probably right.

they really are enjoying themselves.
Lois & Clark: [Linked Image] No comment.

I was surprised he didn't at this point. I had forgotten he was not recovered from the Kryptonite exposure yet.
Yes. frown

Hmm, but is it a dream?
Hmm, maybe the stuff from this point did not really happen. Did any of it really happen? Is Lois even her, or is he just dreaming?
[Linked Image]

Hadn't he said "Meena" outloud before?
Technically. But he doesn't consider moaning her name as really "speaking".

Lois: <grumble> why does he only ever want to make love when we are in extremely difficult situations, likely to get interrupted any time. He could have done it in the Honeymoon suite, or when I was seducing him with my red and blue outfit, but no, he wants to do it now or when we are in a supply closet.
Right. Lois, the adrenaline junkie, wouldn't like sex where they might get caught. Nope, no, siree.

Somehow I think it is not part of approved nurse practice though.
NURSES: Well, if he wasn't in the hospital and I needed to warm him up quickly...

Was Mindy there?
evil

Ovwerall I think you interactions of Clark and the nurse are well written.
Thank you. Sadly, they come from personal experiences as a patient. Write what you know.

VirginiaR.
---
J
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
J
Nope. Also, the cupcakes is in reference to how Lois greeted him at the door once during "Lois and Clarks".
Him, him as in this very Clark?

John Pack Lambert
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
-- Continuation of Response to John FDK --

Lois is really here. To this point I was not sure. Although, did they do as much as Clark remembers? Or more? or less?
Only Lois's memories aren't the fuzzy ones.

Yep, that would have been a bad decision. I don't think she could have hidden in the shower, and the bathroom would not have worked at all.
There was a closet in the bathroom in my hospital room.

My guess is the nurse found the picture, but I could be wrong.
Yes, picture.

So I guess Clark dreamed the removal of her slacks and blouse and bra. I guess those did seem a bit much in the circumstances.
cool

She has no clue he did not realize she was really there, and even less that he has amnesia.
[Linked Image]

Mostly she is right.
LOIS: Hello? Lois Lane here! Of course, I'm right!

Well, actually it was mostly not Henderson's doing. His protection of Clark is a lot less proactive, except with Lois.
HENDERSON: [Linked Image] Let her think I'm doing a good job.

So let me get this straight. The morning before she talked to Clark before he went to EPRAD. Then she talked to Superman at EPRAD. Then that evening Clark gave her a call. When she got the message she went to his place, about 10pm, and realized he was missing. She spent the night searching every hospital. Then the next afternoon she got the message from Henderson, and went to see him. She spent a long time staking out the police station, then had to wait to go into the hospital, and it took a bit to find his room. So all told it was well under 48 hours that Clark was missing.
It's been just over 24 hours since she found his phone message.

Ah, so he was awake, at least slightly, at least part of the time.
LOIS: No man can kiss like that in his sleep.

I think the later is a function of her being Lois.
LOIS: laugh

CLARK: John! blush

So that was what was on the bed.
Of course. What else could have been? [Linked Image]

Hmm, keep telling yourself that Lois, and you might actually believe it.
clap

He drew her in, pulled down her defenses, and brought out a side of her that she hadn’t thought existed anymore.

With the number of times he has done this she should no longer doubt that side exists.
Good point. Fixed.

Well, this is one of the reasons he thinks he was dreaming. However if he had his memory he probably wouldn't. Although if he had his memory he would has stopped, even in the dream.
Lois doesn't know that.

Clark:I prefer you with no covering, Lois.
laugh Clark!

Or he was having one of those dreams where you think you're awake, but you're actually asleep, only this time he was actually awake, but thought he was asleep.

Sadly right now Superman might a well not exist.
He exists. He's just hibernating.

So the question is, what really happened. My guess is that Lois was there, but some of the things were only in Clark's mind.

Well, I am glad Lois found Clark. She will have to realize he has memory problems pretty soon. I hope the nurse does not notice her and have her removed before she can talk with Clark.
Some of your questions will be answered in tomorrow night part of "Wrong Clark". Stay tuned!

VirginiaR.
---
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Originally posted by John Lambert:
Yes. A fully clothed Lois greeted alt-Clark with a platter of Hostess Cupcakes and Twinkies, which is how where we first learned of Alt-Clark's disinterest in sweets.

VirginiaR.
---
Columnist
Columnist
Originally posted by VirginiaR:
[b]
</font><blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><hr /><font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Evidently he no longer remembers he does not eat sugar.
Yes. A fully clothed Lois greeted alt-Clark with a platter of Hostess Cupcakes and Twinkies, which is how where we first learned of Alt-Clark's disinterest in sweets. [/b]</font><hr /></blockquote><font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Yesss, I remember this.

.talk nerdy to me.
J
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
J
I was reading the spoilers and WHAM warning, and realized that due to something not having happened yet, we are not yet to "approximately halfway through the story". This would suggest this story will probably be at least about 180 parts. party

Although, maybe the length after the unnamed event that has not happened is not actually equal to the amount of the story that precedes it. I mean "approximately half-way through" is fairly open.

John Pack Lambert
J
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
J
He's already complaining of his eyes hurting. Why would they allow him to read, which could also strain his eyes more?
Well, I guess it makes sense. However that does not make it less mind-numbingly boring.

Secondly, no memories.
Lois:What? shock Clark has no memories? How did this happen? I told Superman that if he went into space something horrible would happen to Clark, but did he listen to me, noo. He just had to go and do it because "he gave his workd". Whatever, maybe next time he will remember that it is best to take my advice.

Reader:Well, right now he does not remember.

Lois:We were talking about Superman, not Clark.

Reader:Well, you see.

Lois:I see I need to go talk to Clark, bye.

Neither does Henderson.
I guess most of the people who know about Chuck are in Smallville.

Yes, it was in code, although Perry, Jimmy, and Cat references kind of give it away. wink
I was more thinking that some of what was said, if Henderson read it, was supposed to make him think that Lois would not sneak in, if he figured it was from Lois.

at least he still recognizes this important truth.
That he's a good artist?
That Lois is beautiful.

SQD used "Perry" for Lois's daughter in one of her fics,
So not a child of Clark too?

John Pack Lambert
J
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
J
My homage to the old George Reeves Superman show which seems to have them out on the ledge all the time.
That was one thing the L&C Daily Planet lacked. Although they do use a ledge at Lois' place in "The Ides of Metropolis".

CLARK: Why would this woman fly in my window?
I was more thinking that her outfit did not match what he had imagined her in so far. And her hair does not match what he has imagined either. Although that might just be his memory starting to come back.

I am a bit surprised she keeps only calling him Church, but actually, it seems to work. In fact if it was not for the fact that there was reason to notice, I probably would not suspect its naturalness at all.
Actually, she doesn't call him 'Church'. Just joking. I knew what you meant. wink
I really do need to proofread my comments better.

Well, she was seriously crushing on him after that mistletoe kiss and resolutions were made in January...
I guess that is true. Also I guess I can't really saw January 1st was "before they became a couple". All I can say is that "they were not officially a couple on January 1st". They had gone on at an absolute minimum of one totally official date beofre then, and if we count Lois trying to have a public relationship with Clark to cover a secret relationship with Superman, they had tried being a couple at least twice before then.

Lois: <dance> he is calling my by my special name.
Well, at least, it confirms his identity, right?
Lois:I could tell this was Clark from when I entered the room.

Hadn't he said "Meena" outloud before?
Technically. But he doesn't consider moaning her name as really "speaking".
I guess that is a good point. One word is hardly a speach.

Right. Lois, the adrenaline junkie, wouldn't like sex where they might get caught. Nope, no, siree.
I guess when you put it that way, I do have to admit that was not the reason they did not do anything at the Metro Club. Although I have to say I never understood why Clark let Toni Taylor into his apartment. Or how Toni found his apartment to begin with either.

Was Mindy there?
grumble They inssited on proof to not consumate their marriage.

Yes, I'm sure Henderson did enough of a background check on Clark to know he was not married.
But not enough to mention to Clark he had spent some nights during the last month with a female at the honeymoon suite.

HENDERSON: I really don't know much about Kent's personal life.
but he does know he has some sort of relationship with Lois. Although I guess Henderson does not trust Lois' motives in trying to contact Clark.

</font><blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><hr /><font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">I don't think she meant that in the way Clark will take it.
Well, it DID warm him up.
Clark:Only because Meena is so hot.

Thank you. Sadly, they come from personal experiences as a patient. Write what you know.
I hope you were not an amnisiac who had been pulled from a near-death drowning suffering from hypothermia though.

John Pack Lambert
J
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
J
Only Lois's memories aren't the fuzzy ones.
So even though she was asleep part of the time, she still knows for sure what happened?

It's been just over 24 hours since she found his phone message.
I guess between the premonition of horror and the fact that she had good reason to think he was abducted she was right to worry. Also, he would be dead if he was not SM.

Or he was having one of those dreams where you think you're awake, but you're actually asleep, only this time he was actually awake, but thought he was asleep.
Well, I think he was at least only partly awake. Although that is not the same thing as being asleep.

Some of your questions will be answered in tomorrow night part of "Wrong Clark". Stay tuned!
Well, I hope the answer isn't "the nurse finds Lois and escorts her out". That would be no fun.

John Pack Lambert
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Originally posted by MrsLuthor:
A fully clothed Lois greeted alt-Clark with a platter of Hostess Cupcakes and Twinkies, which is how where we first learned of Alt-Clark's disinterest in sweets.
Yesss, I remember this.
How could anyone with a sweet tooth not remember it? drool

That was one of the big ol' differences between alt-Clark and canon Clark. If you've read any of my major over 100 part epics (and yes, I'm including this one) Alt-Clark's sweet aversion plays a part.

Thanks for dropping by, Mrs. L., my muse.

VirginiaR.
---
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
I was reading the spoilers and WHAM warning, and realized that due to something not having happened yet, we are not yet to "approximately halfway through the story". This would suggest this story will probably be at least about 180 parts.

Although, maybe the length after the unnamed event that has not happened is not actually equal to the amount of the story that precedes it. I mean "approximately half-way through" is fairly open.
Let me just say by way of disclaimer, John, that the WHAM warning was written when I'd only had less than 20 parts completed and did not yet have an estimate of how long this story will be. Some story threads / arcs (Lois getting shot, the Smallville Arc, and ASU Arc) took longer to move through than expected because they became meatier once I got down to it.

I currently estimate that half-way marker mentioned in the WHAM will probably happen anywhere between half-way to 2/3 the way through, otherwise we would probably hit over 200 parts and I think that would kill me. laugh I expect the story to move faster time-line wise, once we hit that marker (or at least once I finish writing the arc in which it is included). <<shrugs adorably>> but then again, I thought GEM would be under 10 parts.

At this point I'm currently working on parts 97 and 98 and don't even want to think 180 at the moment. [Linked Image]

Well, I guess it makes sense. However that does not make it less mind-numbingly boring.
Which is why he has taken this grand opportunity to stretch his creative muscles and daydream / night dream / fantasize with what he's been given.

Lois:What? <shock> Clark has no memories? How did this happen? I told Superman that if he went into space something horrible would happen to Clark, but did he listen to me, noo. He just had to go and do it because "he gave his workd". Whatever, maybe next time he will remember that it is best to take my advice.
rotflol

I guess most of the people who know about Chuck are in Smallville.
I thought that was Jerome.

I was more thinking that some of what was said, if Henderson read it, was supposed to make him think that Lois would not sneak in, if he figured it was from Lois.
LOIS: Possibly.

EW: That he's a good artist? <<being silly>>

JOHN: That Lois is beautiful.
CLARK: Duh!

So not a child of Clark too?
You would have to read the fic to find out. Michael doesn't like it when I drop spoilers in FDK threads.

VirginiaR.
---
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
That was one thing the L&C Daily Planet lacked. Although they do use a ledge at Lois' place in "The Ides of Metropolis".
Oh, yes, the Clark hovering off the edge of the ledge. I had forgotten about that. And, of course, the wonderful Tempus popcorn scene from "Tempus Anyone?"

I was more thinking that her outfit did not match what he had imagined her in so far. And her hair does not match what he has imagined either. Although that might just be his memory starting to come back.
That's some imagination Clark has there. [Linked Image]

I guess that is true. Also I guess I can't really saw January 1st was "before they became a couple". All I can say is that "they were not officially a couple on January 1st". They had gone on at an absolute minimum of one totally official date beofre then, and if we count Lois trying to have a public relationship with Clark to cover a secret relationship with Superman, they had tried being a couple at least twice before then.
Their one official date being her birthday?

Lois:I could tell this was Clark from when I entered the room.
PERRY: *Always!* *Always* Double Check your facts!

I guess that is a good point. One word is hardly a speach.
LOIS: He can moan that any time he likes.

I guess when you put it that way, I do have to admit that was not the reason they did not do anything at the Metro Club. Although I have to say I never understood why Clark let Toni Taylor into his apartment. Or how Toni found his apartment to begin with either.
She was his undercover persona's boss?

Maybe she worked here before moving to the private clinic.
I thought about making Nurse Michelle actually be Nurse Mindy, but I thought we don't need to include EVERYONE from canon, now do we?

It is not really lieing. It is flirting. OK, so maybe a bit beyond flirting. It is telling her what will bring her closer and what she wants to hear.
At this moment, his brain isn't up to telling the difference.

Especially since it is actually somehow warming him up.
Some dreams can actually do that.

So Clark just has to make sure to not moan Meena's name too louadly?
LOIS: Yeah, that would be bad.

This is true. Although if Meena is still there when he comes out of the shower he might want to know how far they went.
cool

But we said she loves you, so it can't be that cruel, can it?
CLARK: But now I have to find her!

Did you mean "recovers"?
blush um... yes.

I was a little confused what it meant but yes, I think if he recovers his memory he will decide 1-that what happened with Meena was a dream, 2-that the curse still applies. Why is he so trusting of Wells, the other Clark never was. They inssited on proof to not consumate their marriage.
I don't think they insisted more than they didn't believe him and he produced "proof".

But not enough to mention to Clark he had spent some nights during the last month with a female at the honeymoon suite.
And that can't happen if one is married? (Shouldn't, yes, but can't?)

but he does know he has some sort of relationship with Lois. Although I guess Henderson does not trust Lois' motives in trying to contact Clark.
The last time I think Henderson, Lois and Clark were all together was when they were trying to figure out who the Voyeur was (when Clark bought the lava lamps). At that point, Lois had just been shot and dumped by Superman. So she and Clark didn't, technically, have more than a "partnership / friendship" relationship going on.

LOIS: And WHOSE fault was that?

CLARK: blush

I hope you were not an amnisiac who had been pulled from a near-death drowning suffering from hypothermia though.
Nope. That's creative license and research.

VirginiaR.
---
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard