Happy Valentine's Day.

My apologies that this isn't WAFFy.

Corrina.

#93343 02/14/13 12:55 AM
R
Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
R
What a nice Valentines Day surprise! I love that Diddi has been come into the scene.

I love how on some level Matymbou know what Lois needs. She needs more time with Clark alone, she needed to see Diddi and Clark needed to meet him. What a matchmaker

Robinson
http://www.chili-everyway.com/

robinson
#93344 02/14/13 01:26 AM
T
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
T
Hey, it was almost WAFFy.

I liked the Diddi interruptus, since Jimmy can't be there. And now you have a double-cliffie: What was Lois going to say? How will Clark respond to Diddi's question?

"Verrrrry interesting, vouldn't you say, Schultz?"

"Jawohl, Herr Commandant! It is most interesting!"

Life isn't a support system for writing. It's the other way around.

- Stephen King, from On Writing
#93345 02/14/13 03:33 AM
S
SJH Online Content
Features Writer
Online Content
Features Writer
S
Will Clark stop whinning already and get on with it? He's in a beautiful country, with a beautiful woman, among friendly natives-what else is there ??? Oh , yeah, and the kid's cute.

"I'm red-eyed, tired and drunk" Teri Hatcher
"Fun will now commence" 7of9
#93346 02/14/13 02:03 PM
K
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
K
What a great Valentine present! dance

KateB
#93347 02/14/13 04:12 PM
J
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
J
I was hoping that Lois would manage to tell Clark what is really going on.

I guess at least now he knows she wants something with him. However until he knows she never really had a marriage with Matymbou, this will just make him feel worse.

eek to the question about the rocket. How is he going to respond to that?

John Pack Lambert
#93348 02/14/13 06:36 PM
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Thanks for the torture LOl. More soon.

Clark: “If we can be born in an instant, and die in an instant, why can’t we fall in love in an instant?”

Caroline's "Stardust"
#93349 02/15/13 05:11 AM
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Not that I'm unhappy to see more of Diddi, but argh, his timing! Wait, I get it -- Diddi is the reincarnation of Jimmy! Younger, loves Lois, c'mon, you can totally see where I'm going here. goofy

Interesting question about the rocket, though. Wonder if Clark's gonna get a chance to answer, and if so, what he might say. Clearly not yet time to Reveal All.

Waiting patiently for the next installment...

PJ

"You told me you weren't like other men," she said, shaking her head at him when the storm of laughter had passed.
He grinned at her - a goofy, Clark Kent kind of a grin. "I have a gift for understatement."
"You can say that again," she told him.
"I have a...."
"Oh, shut up."

--Stardust, Caroline K
#93350 02/17/13 07:29 AM
Top Banana
Top Banana
Gahhh! I want to know what is really going on with Lois' marriage! You've teased us a bit in this part... hoping to get some answers in the next one. wink

Reach for the moon, for even if you fail, you'll still land among the stars... and who knows? Maybe you'll meet Superman along the way. wink
#93351 02/17/13 09:26 AM
T
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
T
As I was thinking about the ending of this chapter, I started wondering where Diddi had learned the word 'rocket.' Did Lois teach him? What did he actually see to make him ask the question? What will Lois ask Kent now?

Again, a multi-part cliffhanger by a past mistress of cliffhangers. Well done, my lady, well done.

notworthy

Life isn't a support system for writing. It's the other way around.

- Stephen King, from On Writing
#93352 02/17/13 01:25 PM
Merriwether
Merriwether
Oh, what a wonderful, fabulous, perfectly evil but in a glorious way, cliffhanger! rotflol

Lois will tell Clark the truth in time. But first, there's an adorable six-year-old to meet. And cookies. laugh

And Diddi saw the airplane?!?!? Never saw that one coming!

Thanks for the Valentine. I'd been avoiding the boards until today, figuring there wouldn't be another part until now. And here there was one sitting here for days and I didn't know That'll teach me. wink

Kathy

#93353 02/17/13 02:02 PM
Kerth
OP Offline
Kerth
I'm glad you liked the cliffhanger.

Except it was meant to be just a little cliffy, not a huge one.

In part 2, Diddi showed he had a fixation with space.

"But I want to be with you in koronteen," Diddi said, looking downcast. "I want to help you make him better. You said I know all the bestest medicines."

"Quarantine," Lois corrected. "And you're the best assistant a medicine woman could have. But we don't know this man, so you can't go near him until I say it's OK."

"How long will you have to stay away?" Diddi asked.

"Five days. Unless he's really sick, and then it will be longer."

Her son studied her with sadness pouring from his dark expressive eyes. "But I want to talk to him," he said. "I've never seen a green man before." His smile came suddenly, lighting his eyes. "Maybe he's from the moon. Maybe that's why he's green. Romaric said he heard a loud noise in the sky. He said it was an airplane, but I think it was the man's rocket. Maybe he fell out of the rocket and that's how he got so hurted."

Lois smiled at the prolific flow of his imagination. She was sure that, had he been born into another culture, Diddi would have a future as a best-selling author of fiction. "You will have the important job of carrying messages between Sylva and me," she said, bringing him back to the present before his mind could distract him with endless details for his story. "I'll need you to bring me medicines. And food."
And ...

Lois scurried away from the stranger, stopping a few yards before the moabi tree. "Diddi?" she called.

"Yes, Maman?"

"Go back twenty steps. Big steps." Lois heard the movement of his feet in the undergrowth.

"OK, Maman." She rounded the tree and saw Diddi looking at her anxiously. "Is it a really bad disease?" he asked in awe. "Could he have got it on the moon?"

Lois didn't want to tell her son that she suspected someone had deliberately hurt the man. "I don't know yet," she said. "Maybe he'll tell us if he wakes up."
I know, in real time, that was months ago.

I'm about to re-read Part 16 and fix one small section. It should be up within an hour.

Thanks,

Corrina.

#93354 02/17/13 02:25 PM
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
Corrina,

Even though Jimmy has apparently been training the Bangala in the art of the interruption, I have thoroughly enjoyed every part of this story. Also, the quick turnaround time between parts 15 and 16 means that your readers will quickly forgive your Valentine's Day cliffhanger.

I'm still hoping that Lois will reveal the nature of her marriage sooner than later, but, regardless, she and Clark will need time to build their relationship. They both have secrets left to share, so building trust will be crucial. Looking forward to part 16!

PS--I'm perfectly fine if they never find a shirt for Clark.

"Women frustrate men because they're too complicated. Men frustrate women because they're not complicated enough."
#93355 02/17/13 03:07 PM
Merriwether
Merriwether
I know, in real time, that was months ago.
wallbash Yup, you told us and I forgot. That's what I get for not re-reading. smile

(On the plus side, it's always nice to get an extra surprise. lol )

Kathy

#93356 02/17/13 04:51 PM
J
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
J
I didn't remember the exact detail of the rocket, but I remembered it was largely made up by Diddi. Still, Clark might not realize that, so I will see what happens.

John Pack Lambert
#93357 03/05/13 11:22 PM
Kerth
OP Offline
Kerth
I'm a long way behind on replying to FDK frown

Kathy Interesting!

Terry Diddi wasn't solely there to interrupt. I needed a buffer to help advance the Lois/Kent relationship.

SJH But if Clark were the sort of man who could walk away from his marriage without a second thought, I wouldn't have a story.

Kate I thought I would have something else that was in the Valentine's spirit. Oh, well.

John Sometimes it's good to give the characters some time to get things straight in their own minds. Having Lois hint about her marriage, but not tell the full story, allows Clark to move forward with baby steps.

Laura You *like* the torture? wink

Pam Diddi=Jimmy. I hadn't thought about it like that, but I see your point.

MM The answers will come. Eventually.

Kathy

And Diddi saw the airplane?!?!? Never saw that one coming!
Romaric heard the airplane and told Diddi - probably because the boy's interest in space and flying is known to the entire village.

QofA

PS--I'm perfectly fine if they never find a shirt for Clark.
I think Lois is fine with it, too!

Thanks so much for your interest and comments. Despite my tardiness in replying, I appreciate each person who is following this drawn-out fic.

Corrina.

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard