OP Offline
Kerth
Feedback goes here.

Corrina. wave

#93055 01/26/13 11:23 PM
Top Banana
Top Banana
Lovely scene! hyper

Reach for the moon, for even if you fail, you'll still land among the stars... and who knows? Maybe you'll meet Superman along the way. wink
#93056 01/27/13 08:26 AM
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
I loved this part. Clark is slowly learning the nature of Lois' marriage through his questions, but it is clear that he hasn't learned the whole truth. I'm not sure he even wants to know the whole truth at this point because her marriage makes it safe for him to be close to Lois.

Lois, meanwhile, just found out that some idiot woman actually left Clark. Her surprise was evident, and this new knowledge seemed to make her even more protective of him. I love the sweet scene where Lois wraps her arms around his shoulders and tries to physically shield him from the emotional pain.

I'm looking forward to seeing how they progress from here. You've definitely set this up very nicely, and it will be interesting to learn more as the characters slowly reveal themselves to one another.

"Women frustrate men because they're too complicated. Men frustrate women because they're not complicated enough."
#93057 01/27/13 01:41 PM
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
I find it interesting that Clark wants Lois more now that he's discovered that she's married. The grass is always greener when it belongs to someone else?

The Bangala have an interesting view on parenthood. But I'm guessing since it takes a village to raise a child... even if Lois isn't mother to her husband's daughter, and he isn't father to her son, that doesn't necessarily lessen the relationships. It probably has more to do with not-negating the original relationships.

Clark building the truck for Didi as a way to honor his own father is sweet. He's so kind to think of Lois's feeling about "trucks" though. There are many varieties of trucks out there, so it's highly unlikely he's picked the same kind.

What's going on with Lois? Clearly, she's interested in Clark, but she IS married. She doesn't see it as a real marriage, but she's using at a way to make Clark feel more comfortable around her. I'm even more curious what kind of marriage it really is.

Lois is writing love stories. clap Wonder if she'll keep it up, now that she has a real live example of Love in the village? wink Her reading group is going to grow.

So, Clark has confessed that Lana left him. I was a bit surprised that this came up so soon, but I love Lois's comforting him. She's only going to realize how much more of a broken man he really is. sad He's healing, which is good, but Lana has done a number on him.

This story is sweet, tender, and loving. <<wipes away a tear>> More soon.

VirginiaR.
"On the long road, take small steps." -- Jor-el, "The Foundling"
---
"clearly there is a lack of understanding between those two... he speaks Lunkheadanian and she Stubbornanian" -- chelo.
#93058 01/27/13 04:57 PM
Merriwether
Merriwether
Oh, Corrina, this is wonderful. It's heartwarming and downright beautiful to see Clark emerging from his emotional prison and starting to come into his own, maybe for the first time in his life. His focus has shifted from his own turmoil to Lois's caring attention and friendship, and it's not only letting him feel tenderness again but letting him start to talk about what happened to him. I wasn't expecting him to tell Lois that Lana had left him so soon ... but it was so encouraging to see. smile

Argh, that's the only problem with stalking the boards every Sunday to get the new chapter -- now I have to wait a whole week to get the next one. More, please! smile

Kathy

#93059 01/28/13 06:12 PM
J
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
J
Ah. Clark is accepting Lois. He has been accepted into her embrace.

The more I read about the relationship of Lois and Matymbou, the less I understand it.

I somehow have the feeling that there was never any passion in their marrage.

John Pack Lambert
#93060 01/30/13 05:04 AM
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Ok that was great but way to short! What is going on with this marriage and why doesn't Clark just ask? More more more.Laura

Clark: “If we can be born in an instant, and die in an instant, why can’t we fall in love in an instant?”

Caroline's "Stardust"
#93061 02/02/13 06:07 PM
Kerth
OP Offline
Kerth
MM No, still no shirt. We'll get to that wink

I have never read any story by Diana Gabaldon, and I doubt I ever will, given her views on fanfiction and fanfic writers.

QofA Interesting point about Clark not wanting to know too much at this stage. After what Lana did to him, I think that if Lois had been single, Clark would have run at the first inkling of any feeling for her.

Virginia

I find it interesting that Clark wants Lois more now that he's discovered that she's married. The grass is always greener when it belongs to someone else?
I don't think it's a case of the grass being greener. I think that when Lois and Clark are together, Clark is always going to 'want Lois more' as time progresses.

This story is sweet, tender, and loving. <<wipes away a tear>>
Thank you.

Kathy Thanks for appreciating the process - slow thought it might be!

John You will hear more about Lois and Matymbou's marriage.

Laura Clark is hesitant about asking questions, partly (as QofA said) because there's safety in not knowing. Also, if you meet someone who's married, it's not normal practice to enquire about the state of that marriage. And Clark is still wary about opening himself up and getting too close to Lois.

Thanks for the FDK, everyone.

Corrina.

#93062 02/02/13 10:50 PM
Top Banana
Top Banana
I have never read any story by Diana Gabaldon, and I doubt I ever will, given her views on fanfiction and fanfic writers.
That's sad to hear... Especially since I sort of consider her her own fanfic writer. wink She has several series going now based off the success of the original Outlander novels. I don't find them to be as good, and I always groan when I see them -- get back to writing the REAL story, please! The worst of them is the Lord John novels... about a gay officer who has the hots for the lead male character in the main series. Nothing against gay people, but he is such a minor character and I don't get why she wanted to do a spinoff.... All that said, I still think the original Outlander series is well worth reading. wink

Reach for the moon, for even if you fail, you'll still land among the stars... and who knows? Maybe you'll meet Superman along the way. wink
#93063 02/03/13 12:13 PM
K
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
K
What agreat idea for Clark to make a truck for Diddi. smile1 I'm sure it will win Diddi's heart immediately. cool Great part.

KateB
#93064 03/20/13 06:55 PM
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
I can feel Clark's loneliness from your words... and I want to comfort him mecry but, hey! that's Lois job.... and she's doing very well.

Can't stop thinking in that bare chest... yummi.... jump angel-devil

Clark: "So what are you saying? I should go crawling back on my hands and knees?"
Martha: "No, honey. Fly back. It's faster!!"
#93065 04/09/13 08:52 AM
rkn Offline
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
I'm having withdrawals!! Not even any new "Wrong Clark"s to dull my pain.

thanks!

rkn
#93066 04/14/13 03:46 PM
Kerth
OP Offline
Kerth
Kate

Clark has to do something - it's a part of the healing process, but also I need background for the story. He and Lois can't always be just sitting around talking.

And with Diddi being an orphan, I think Clark would find it easy to identify with him.

chelo

Exactly - that's Lois's job. But I'm happy that Clark's isolation is coming through.

rkn I have a 5 part buffer again. smile I need to re-read part 20 (hopefully, that will happen tonight) and then, depending on its readiness, I'll post it within the next couple of days.

Corrina.

#93067 04/14/13 04:28 PM
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Originally posted by Female Hawk:
I have a 5 part buffer again. smile I need to re-read part 20 (hopefully, that will happen tonight) and then, depending on its readiness, I'll post it within the next couple of days.
hyper hyper hyper

VirginiaR.
"On the long road, take small steps." -- Jor-el, "The Foundling"
---
"clearly there is a lack of understanding between those two... he speaks Lunkheadanian and she Stubbornanian" -- chelo.

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard