Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
#93025 01/25/13 09:04 PM
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Wrong Place, Wrong Time, Wrong Clark TOC can be found Here

Poor Lois! Poor Clark! Poor Cat! Poor Lex! Well, the guy didn't kill him after all, right? wink

And we're off!

Comments left here will be given an espresso and an Elvis anecdote to keep them company until you return. laugh

<<Disclaimer: This doesn't mean that you'll actually get an actual Elvis anecdote with your comments, as any good ones I come up with will be needed either for this story or another one.>>

Last edited by VirginiaR; 05/14/14 12:33 PM. Reason: Added Link

VirginiaR.
"On the long road, take small steps." -- Jor-el, "The Foundling"
---
"clearly there is a lack of understanding between those two... he speaks Lunkheadanian and she Stubbornanian" -- chelo.
S
Merriwether
Merriwether
S
Aw, poor Cat frown I sure hope that was just a misunderstanding.

Joan

C
Top Banana
Top Banana
C
“I don’t know,” she said, her hands gesturing wildly. “I just woke up with this feeling of dread. I must have dreamed of something last night.” She shook her head. “I just can’t remember what it is.”
Is she dreaming of Nightfall or of the end of the last world (when Luthor caught her and there was nothing else for it while the world flooded.)

“But these visions, they seem so contradictory. I don’t understand them,” she said. “The other night, I dreamed of a tsunami.”
Canon: Lois: Sure, it nearly happened if you guys hadn't stopped it.
Alt-Canon Lois: Now why aren't you here to explain that???
Canon Lois: Ask H.G. Wells that, not me.
Alt-Canon Lois: Why would I ask a dead writer?

She buried her head into his shoulder. “I’m so afraid that something is going to happen to you.”
The fear is legit, even if it did not happen. This probably will be eased even further by her knowledge of his identity (as long as he doesn't distress her with knowledge of the one thing that could kill him.)

“Well, if that’s all,” she said, wrapping her arms around his neck. “I guess I better let you have my lips now, because you aren’t going to get them at work.” She brushed her lips against his.

Clark deepened the kiss and pressed her up against the wall of the hallway with his entire body. He might not be able to make love to Lois, but he wasn’t going to let that stop him from loving her, as if he had any choice in the matter.
Awwww.....

Frankly, he didn’t mind being late. He pouted. “No kisses at work?”

She laughed. “At work, I’m Mad Dog. Mad Dog doesn’t slip into the storage closet to make out with her partner. It sets up a bad precedent.”
Canon Lois: There's nothing wrong about slipping into the storage closet to make out with your partner.
Canon Perry: But it is darn near better than making out in the MIDDLE of the office.
Canon Lois and Clark: blush blush laugh laugh

Lois picked up her drink and smiled at her partner seductively. The barista noticed and gave Clark an ‘atta-boy’ grin. Clark handed his coffee to Lois to hold as he pulled out his wallet to pay for the drinks. He returned an ‘I’m in seventh heaven about it’ smile back to the barista. It would be their little secret.

Well, Carlos and the Kents knew of Clark and Lois’s secret relationship, too. Clark was too happy about their developing closeness not to have bragged some.
The question I ave is whether the barista is the one from ASU or Michael.

They stepped away from the espresso stand to drink their coffees when a shadow started to cover them. He took a sip of his drink, and it tasted like one of Lois’s kisses, sweet, sultry, and delicious. He raised his cup back to his mouth again for another sip as he gazed at the unexpected approaching darkness in the clear sky.
“Ugh! Clark, how can you drink this slop?” Lois asked, handing over her cup and taking his. “I got yours by mistake.”
laugh The question I now have it whether or not he'll equate the taste of her coffee with her into the future. Might bode well for his changing taste in sweets (from pure fruit to candy.)

“But they always announce those in advance?” he countered, taking a drink of his black coffee. It tasted strong and bitter in comparison; it wasn’t bad, but more like Lois when she was angry.
Interesting. I seriously think that he's not going to hold to the "no sweets" rule much longer at this rate, especially if he considers dark, unsweetened coffee as the equivalent of an angry Lois.

“It was an accident,” Clark said coolly, looking up to the sky to change the topic off himself. “What happened to the sun?”
Suuuuuure it was. You keep telling yourself that.

“That’s not right,” Clark sputtered, finally noticing that she wasn’t one of the reporters clamoring for the door. “I don’t understand. It didn’t… doesn’t…” He pointed to the stage where the presentation had been held. “It… never… where? Where did it come from? How could they not know of this asteroid’s existence until today? Why didn’t it…? It doesn’t make sense.”

Lois set her hand on his arm. “I understand,” she said with a nod. “I agree with you.”
I'm guessing Lois is going to be a bit cooler than the rest of the world about this impending "natural disaster."

She shrugged. “Again with those truths, Kent. Watch out, Mad Dog’s on duty.”
And he loves it when she is.

His ever-constant support of her career was still as sexy as it had been from the beginning.
One of the things I love about this pairing.

He exhaled. “All right. We do my plan, but we ask him to meet with you after the meeting for an exclusive. It’s not like we’ll be able to do dinner tonight anyway,” he said, rubbing his hand through his hair in frustration.

Lois put a hand to his cheek and turned his face towards hers. “You and I can still do dinner, Chuck, just us two. We don’t really need him there, do we?”

Clark placed his hand over hers. “I love you.”
Without him there he can't tell you the secret you insisted he tell (obviously you've moved past that secret, but you're still curious, aren't you, Lois?)

Poor Cat.

CLARK: No. I'm just worried I'm a jinx.
JONATHAN: A jinx?
CLARK: Yeah. Let's face it, ever since she's known me, Lois's been kidnapped, frozen, pushed off buildings, almost stabbed, poisoned, buried alive and who knows what else, and it's all because of me.
-"Contact" (You're not her jinx, you're her blessing.)
S
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
S
Yes, poor Cat!

But may be, Phil's family = his parents? Or his brother, sister-in-law and nephews? Or something like that? At least, I hope so.

wave

Sydney

Non ! non, c’est bien plus beau lorsque c’est inutile !
(Edmond Rostand)
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Joan: Yes, poor Cat. sad That should teach her to fall in love at first 'copier room'. wink Thanks for the comments. [Linked Image]

Sydney: Thanks for dropping by. Hmmmmm. Phil's family. [Linked Image] We'll have to see about that. wink [Linked Image]

Oh, and ladies... [Linked Image]

VirginiaR.
---
"clearly there is a lack of understanding between those two... he speaks Lunkheadanian and she Stubbornanian" -- chelo.
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Christina: Thanks for the long FDK. laugh Here's your espresso. [Linked Image]

Is she dreaming of Nightfall or of the end of the last world (when Luthor caught her and there was nothing else for it while the world flooded.)
Hmmmm. Yes. One of those.

Canon: Lois: Sure, it nearly happened if you guys hadn't stopped it.
Alt-Canon Lois: Now why aren't you here to explain that???
Canon Lois: Ask H.G. Wells that, not me.
Alt-Canon Lois: Why would I ask a dead writer?
Canon LOIS: Ask Clark.

LOIS: Clark? What's this double of me talking about?

CLARK: shock Lois! thud

The fear is legit, even if it did not happen. This probably will be eased even further by her knowledge of his identity (as long as he doesn't distress her with knowledge of the one thing that could kill him.)
She already knows about Kryptonite... not so much that it's real though...

Awwww.....
Thanks. [Linked Image] See, Clark can be sweet.

Canon Lois: There's nothing wrong about slipping into the storage closet to make out with your partner.
Canon Perry: But it is darn near better than making out in the MIDDLE of the office.
Canon Lois and Clark: <<Happy but blushing couple>>
After what happened when she was sprayed with Revenge, she's being extra cautious.

The one from ASU.

The question I now have it whether or not he'll equate the taste of her coffee with her into the future. Might bode well for his changing taste in sweets (from pure fruit to candy.)
Hmmmm.

CLARK: [Linked Image]

Interesting. I seriously think that he's not going to hold to the "no sweets" rule much longer at this rate, especially if he considers dark, unsweetened coffee as the equivalent of an angry Lois.
But he LIKES angry Lois, doesn't he?

CLARK: Well, she's still Lois, only hotter!

LOIS: mad

CLARK: How could I not love that?

Suuuuuure it was. You keep telling yourself that.
He's trying not to draw attention to it. Anyway, who would want to kill Clark Kent?

I'm guessing Lois is going to be a bit cooler than the rest of the world about this impending "natural disaster."
Cooler? Well, she did just freeze after a press briefing.

And he loves it when she is.
CLARK: [Linked Image]

One of the things I love about this pairing.
This Lois and Clark, or just in general? This Clark cares more for Lois than his own career, yes.

CLARK: I shouldn't?

LOIS: No, Chuck, just keep right on doing what you're doing. It's just fine.

Without him there he can't tell you the secret you insisted he tell (obviously you've moved past that secret, but you're still curious, aren't you, Lois?)
Curious about whether Superman ever loved her? Sure! Curious about Clark's true past? Definitely! Curious about what dinner would be like with both them there together with her... just talking of their feelings about her? No, so much.

Poor Cat.
Yes, poor Kitty got her heart broken. [Linked Image] Things in canon will suddenly make more sense. [Linked Image] We are heading into "Cat: the Untold Story".

[Linked Image] Okay, it's not an anecdote, but isn't he cute?

VirginiaR.
---
J
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
J
After a night filled with very pleasant dreams of Lois,
smile1 Clark is draming of Lois. I am especially glad to see he is able to do so withoyut dwelling on what he cannot have.

and suggested that they meet somewhere for breakfast.
Somehow I think Lois will like this idea.

he had reached her on her mobile phone.
So he didn't really "place a call to their room". I at least interpret that line to mean the room phone, and have to admit at first I thought you had contradicted yourself, but on further thought decided technically this explanation works, I guess.

Lois agreed wholeheartedly
grumble he is procrastinating telling her, again.

Clark:But there really is no time.

Reader:I still can grumble about it.

No, he sighed; it was best to wait until after dinner.
But something will probably come up before then, making it seem he should have told her now.

Personally, he was getting tired of all these delays.
Well, at least he wants to tell her.

“I’m sorry. I’m sorry. I’m sorry,” she uncharacteristically apologized,
Is this a clone?

kissing his cheek quickly
frown Only the cheek. OK, maybe I am coming to expect too much affection from our characters.

Clark:Hey, this is better than back when she wanted nothing to do with me, or was actually mad at me.

“Check-out was atrocious. They wanted me to fill out a survey on the honeymoon suite’s new amenities, and their customer service. They should have known better than ask me about their customer service skills as they were making me late.”
I guess most people do not plan to rush to work at the end of their stay at the honeymoon suite.

a muffin?
Hey, those can be healthy, like bran muffins.

A bagel with cream cheese?[/Qoute]

Sounds healthy to me.

[Quote]eyes with such an expression of want that he couldn’t help lowering his mouth to hers and kissing her.
party party They are really kissing.

John Pack Lambert
J
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
J
“Mmmmm,” she moaned, dropping her overnight bag and wrapping her arms around his neck. “How did you know exactly what I needed?”
Clark:That is what boyfriends are for.

Too soon, the elevator dinged at the fifth floor and they separated with a reluctant sigh.
Why not just stay lip-locked to her apartment.

Lois:It is hard to walk while kissing.

Clark:Yeah, she might start to notice the floating.

Lois:Floating? What are you talking about.

Clark:Oh, Look at the time.

He picked up her bag and followed her out. Good thing too, because half way down her hall she remembered she hadn’t picked it up and turned back towards the elevators only to realize he had it.
Clark:Lois, I will always remember your things.

“I don’t know,” she said, her hands gesturing wildly. “I just woke up with this feeling of dread. I must have dreamed of something last night.” She shook her head. “I just can’t remember what it is.”
Maybe this is her subconcious reacting to seeing Luthor's replica of her apartment in her dream.

"You’re not losing your mind,” he reassured her.
This is why she is doing so much better here than in "Another Lois". Reassurances from live people just work better than ones from ghosts.

“Yes, I know, but it was like I was dreaming of what might have been. I was tied to a pillar on the docks, next to Ian Harrington, and you came to save us.” Lois gave him a wistful smile.
Clark: hyper now she is dreaming of me, and not Superman, saving her.

“Okay, ten, but it was up there. Higher than any tidal wave I’ve ever seen on record. You told us to run. So, we ran. When we had made it a few blocks, I turned to look for you, but you were gone. You weren’t right behind me, but the wave was. I could see it in its gigantic proportions, and then instead of crashing down on top of me, it seemed to roll back upon itself into the sea,” she said, taking hold of his arms.
The fact that he did not follow makes it more likely to be a memory than just a dream.

“Yeah, I guess,” she said, shaking her head with a shrug. This dream wasn’t about Superman. “I ran all around the pier, searching for you, but it was like you disappeared. I couldn’t find you anywhere.
How exactly did canon Clark ever explain that? I always assumed Lois was so obsorbed with worrying about the wave she just did not notice where he was, but if she went searching, hmm.

He knew where ‘he’ had disappeared off to, Hob’s Bay.
Tell her, Clark.

John Pack Lambert
J
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
J
No nightmares, or visions are in control of your destiny, only you are.”
If only Clark would say the same thing about curses.

“Because you’re the best.”
Lois: You can say that again.

I’ll start to think you want something from me.”
Wait, she does not just assume he wants something from her?

“Well, if that’s all,” she said, wrapping her arms around his neck. “I guess I better let you have my lips now, because you aren’t going to get them at work.” She brushed her lips against his.
hyper more kissing.

She laughed. “At work, I’m Mad Dog. Mad Dog doesn’t slip into the storage closet to make out with her partner. It sets up a bad precedent.”
Clark: Not if no one sees.

“Pity,” Clark said, turning for the stairwell. “And it would have to be the supply closet. I think Ralph’s still tied up in the storage closet.” Well, he hadn’t let him out.
Wouldn't someone have noticed a stench by now?

she merely wiped his lips with a tissue to clean off her lipstick. He would have to remember to do that on a regular basis now. He couldn’t have the tabloids seeing lipstick smeared across his mouth.
That would be so fun though. And having Lois mad that Superman had found a new girlfriend. It would really up the pressure on Clark to tell her the truth.

Clark wasn’t worried about Lois seeing it. After tonight, she’d know whose lips Superman had been kissing.
Another reason for him to tell her. hyper I think it will happen.

Well, Carlos and the Kents knew of Clark and Lois’s secret relationship, too.
Why do I think that most of the people at the newsroom think they know about this relationship as well.

“Still on that health kick I see,” she teased. “Life is short, Clark, order what you want.”

“Life is short? No, Lois, life is long, and you are what you eat,” he countered, and then looked at her appreciatingly. “Well, maybe not you.”
I love this reversal of canon.

They stepped away from the espresso stand to drink their coffees when a shadow started to cover them. He took a sip of his drink, and it tasted like one of Lois’s kisses, sweet, sultry, and delicious.
hyper he is drinking more sugar.

“Ugh! Clark, how can you drink this slop?” Lois asked, handing over her cup and taking his. “I got yours by mistake.” She looked into the sky. “Solar eclipse?”
I love that she can focus on her drink in a moment like this.

He realized it was heading straight for the sidewalk where he, Lois, and others were standing, looking to the sky for explanation on the darkness. Someone was sure to get hurt.
I think this car was part of St. John's plan to eliminate Clark Kent.

“You’re not bleeding.”
Oh no, she is going to figure out and be mad he did not tell her.

“You got hit by a car! Oh, Clark, I knew something terrible was going to happen and it did,” Lois exclaimed,
Except it looks like nothing is terrible, he survived unscathed.

he said, accepting her worried hug and returning it only loosely as one of their co-workers, Joe ran up.
So much for their relationship being a secret.

“You okay, Kent? That man seemed be gunning for you,”
I think it should be "to be gunning".

You better not use this as an excuse to…”
What? Wimp out on our date?

“Maybe it’s just my lucky day,” Clark suggested, trying not to let her words sting. “I’ve never fainted, Lois, and I’m not about to start now.”
Wait, but didn't Lois see him faint in Smallville, or at least just after he fainted.

John Pack Lambert
J
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
J
“That’s not right,” Clark sputtered, finally noticing that she wasn’t one of the reporters clamoring for the door. “I don’t understand. It didn’t… doesn’t…” He pointed to the stage where the presentation had been held. “It… never… where? Where did it come from? How could they not know of this asteroid’s existence until today? Why didn’t it…? It doesn’t make sense.”
Shouldn't he be used to the differences in the universes enough now to just go with the flow?

Lois set her hand on his arm. “I understand,” she said with a nod. “I agree with you.”
On the other hand, they do have a point. How did this astroid get so close with no one noticing it? What is really going on?

“We’ll never make to a phone now,”
I am pretty sure that should say "make it to".

Lois said with a sigh, wishing her mobile phone wasn’t at home charging. Her head was still spinning. She remembered bits and pieces of her dream now. Unfortunately, the terror they were about to experience wasn’t as simple as Clark being hit by a car.
No, he will be hit by a huge rock, and possible lose his memory.

His eyes sparkled in her direction, and he took hold of her hand to give it a brief squeeze as if to say he liked Mad Dog Lane just as much as his girlfriend Lois.
Lois:With how he treated me when I was under the pheremone spray, I almost think he likes mad dog more.

These visions were ruining the fierce streak she needed to be at the top of her field. Sure, they gave her an edge in another way; she sometimes knew things that nobody else knew. Right now, the only information she had was that something horrible was about to happen.
The visions would be a lot more useful if she could remember more. They would also be more useful if she did not at times misinterpret what she saw.

She felt a little better that Clark had been stunned right alongside her.
Although technically they would be better off if he had not been so stunned.

Her heart skipped a beat before starting to flutter in a familiar way it hadn’t in a long while. Had Clark just admitted to her that he knew that Superman still had feelings for her?
Clar: Well, I try not to lie to Lois, and to claim Superman does not have feelings for Lois would be a total and complete lie.

She pushed down the joy she felt at this thought. It didn’t matter what Superman felt for Lois. She was with Clark now, and Superman could just enjoy his life as a superhero;
Actually, Lois, they are the same person.

Lois:What did you say?

Reader:Ah, lets move on.

since that was the life that he had chosen, instead of her.
Actually he chose the way to have her without everyone knowing. Hopefully she will not be too mad about that.

“That’s not what I meant, and you know it,” she snapped. “Must you always put a romantic bent to our friendship?”
Clark:He always has felt romantic attraction to you.

“Our friendship?” Clark repeated, his voice cracking.

She rolled her eyes as she flagged down a cab. “Me and you know who. Not, you and me, Chuck.”
Clark:Another reason to tell her. It is just too hard to even think of multiple relationships between me and Lois. I keep getting confused which one we are talking about.

Clark looked at her incredulously. “You go, and I stay? Uh... No.
That would be a bit tricky.

He exhaled. “All right. We do my plan, but we ask him to meet with you after the meeting for an exclusive. It’s not like we’ll be able to do dinner tonight anyway,” he said, rubbing his hand through his hair in frustration.
Why not, the meeting is not until late.

Lois put a hand to his cheek and turned his face towards hers. “You and I can still do dinner, Chuck, just us two. We don’t really need him there, do we?”
Clark:Technically we don't have a choice.

Clark placed his hand over hers. “I love you.”
smile1 smile1 he said the scary words.

NR:Not the ones you keep hoping he will say "I am Superman".

PR:Oh, well, we will take what we get.

NR: grumble you are just too happy.

She smiled and rested her forehead against his. “At least, that knock to your head didn’t scramble your brains,” she said, gently placing a kiss to his lips.
party yes they are kissing!

John Pack Lambert
J
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
J
She glanced over at Lois’s empty desk with a pang of envy.
Is she envious that Lois gets to spend time with Clark?

Perry had thought she had done a good job, though. She was ready for something bigger, meatier, and less gossipy than… well, gossip.
This could get exciting.

Maybe it was time for Cat to concentrate her efforts back on Luthor again.
At this rate soon the whole DP will be investigating Luthor.

He had to be sneaking women into his penthouse somehow.
Unless they are already there, or he brings them in fully in the open so no one suspects.

Joe looked at Ted and then at Cat. “This is him, Cat. Teddy.”
Cat seems a little slow.

“Teddy?” Cat stared at the man in alarm. “What about Phil? Where’s Phil? He’s our usual repairman.”
I guess though if he came regularly enough, one would not expect a change.

“So, do you know Phil? He’s amazing.” Subtle much, Cat, she scolded herself.
She does seem to like him a lot.

“Yeah, he goes to Barbados with his family for two weeks every year about this time,” Teddy went on, peering into the machine.

Family? Phil was married?
Actually a does not imply b, Cat is jumping to conclusions. My first thought was that Phil went with his parents and sibblings or nieces and nephews, and not his wife and children. That would meet the description so far.

It is also possible Phil just goes with his children. He could be widowed or divorced.

He must be more than just married if he had a family, he must also have kids.
Which does not mean he still has a wife.

That means she had glorious sex with a married man, breaking her number one rule.
She really is jumping to conclusions.

She recalled instantly the anguish of discovering her fiancé had cheated on her. From that moment onwards, she had vowed to herself that she would never be “the other woman” nor give her heart to another man to crush, especially to such a man, and here she had done both at once.
I like that we are learning a little of Cat's back story.

Oh, sure, it was possible Miranda had sprayed him with Revenge, and Phil hadn’t meant to cheat on his wife, and hadn’t been able to control his attraction to Cat.
Well, that is possible. However she has not actually established that Phil is married.

If that were the case, no wonder he hadn’t called Cat.
Actually even if he was not married he might wonder if he had gone to far under the revenge and be embarassed.

She hadn’t remembered seeing a wedding ring on his finger, but it was possible he didn’t wear one since he worked with his hands, or maybe she hadn’t looked too hard, either.
Actually there are guys who just don't wear wedding rings. However not wearing it because it would get wrecked or lost in his line of work makes sense. Although I have to say I really hope he isn't married.

“It’s ruined! Completely ruined!” she screamed, running from the room, unable to stop the tears.
I still think she is drawing the wrong conclusions.

John Pack Lambert
J
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
J
On the whole I think Lois and Clark are doing good. I mean they were kissing when we left them right. And they will have dinner tonight, right. And Clark is going to tell Lois today, so everything will be wonderful.

OK, maybe I should not count on the last one.

John Pack Lambert
J
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
J
I think when he tells her CK=SM, she will immediately figure out about Kryptonite. She knows that Clark was shot, so there is no way to keep her from knowing Kryptonite is real.

John Pack Lambert
J
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
J
Which is built around the false premise that they are different. Just because they look nothing alike does not prevent them from being the same being.

John Pack Lambert
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
John: Thanks for the detailed FDK. laugh

Clark is draming of Lois. I am especially glad to see he is able to do so withoyut dwelling on what he cannot have.
Well, since it's the only way he can have Lois...

So he didn't really "place a call to their room". I at least interpret that line to mean the room phone, and have to admit at first I thought you had contradicted yourself, but on further thought decided technically this explanation works, I guess.
Originally, I was going to have him call the phone in the suite, and then I wanted her to have a reason to leave her mobile phone at her apartment, to re-charge, so I switched it. It never made sense to me, why someone with a mobile phone (as shown in GGGoH) would use a payphone in ASU. I'll take another look at that paragraph and try to smooth out those bumps. Thanks.

Lois wants to be with Clark.
In the words of the great Tempus: Duh!

Wait, why are they meeting at her apartment?
So, she can drop off her overnight bag and recharge her mobile phone.

he is procrastinating telling her, again.
He's really good at coming up with excuses. laugh

Clark:But there really is no time.

Reader:I still can grumble about it.
clap

But something will probably come up before then, making it seem he should have told her now.
cool

Well, at least he wants to tell her.
[Linked Image]

Is this a clone?
No. wink

Only the cheek. OK, maybe I am coming to expect too much affection from our characters.
She's in a hurry to drop her stuff off at her apartment, so they can go to breakfast and get to the office on time. Also, I don't want them seen kissing on the streets where anyone tailing her might see it.

Clark:Hey, this is better than back when she wanted nothing to do with me, or was actually mad at me.
True.

I guess most people do not plan to rush to work at the end of their stay at the honeymoon suite.
Or somebody delayed her on purpose?

Hey, those can be healthy, like bran muffins.
Clark doesn't like bran muffins.

A bagel with cream cheese?

JOHN: Sounds healthy to me.
Debatable. <<funny thing, when spell checking this word, the other option was delectable.... which also works IMO. laugh >>

They are really kissing.
Well, I did mention more kissing in this story than canon.

Clark:That is what boyfriends are for.
LOIS: If he keeps that up, I might have to agree to call him that.

Why not just stay lip-locked to her apartment.

Lois:It is hard to walk while kissing.

Clark:Yeah, she might start to notice the floating.

Lois:Floating? What are you talking about.

Clark:Oh, Look at the time.
clap I didn't think of that. True.

The fact that he did not follow makes it more likely to be a memory than just a dream.
Interesting analysis.

How exactly did canon Clark ever explain that? I always assumed Lois was so obsorbed with worrying about the wave she just did not notice where he was, but if she went searching, hmm.
I always wondered about that. Maybe she thought he ran off in a different direction.

Tell her, Clark.
CLARK: I'm Superman. Hey, look at the time. Let's get to work.

LOIS: splat

No, I don't think that'll work.

VirginiaR.
---
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
-- continuation of response to John's FDK --

If only Clark would say the same thing about curses.
CLARK: Yes, but Lois's nightmares aren't predicting her death. If they were, we would take them much more seriously.

Lois: You can say that again.
smile1

he is drinking more sugar.
Hmmmm. He is, isn't he?

I love that she can focus on her drink in a moment like this.
I always wondered what happened to their coffees during the blackout.

I think this car was part of St. John's plan to eliminate Clark Kent.
NIGEL: I plead... what is it you Americans say again?... right. The fifth.

Oh no, she is going to figure out and be mad he did not tell her.
Not obvious enough.

Except it looks like nothing is terrible, he survived unscathed.
Hey! Just like in canon.

So much for their relationship being a secret.
Lois can't be worried about her co-worker's safety after he got hit by a car?

I think it should be "to be gunning".
Thanks. Fixed.

What? Wimp out on our date?
[Linked Image]

Wait, but didn't Lois see him faint in Smallville, or at least just after he fainted.
True. I forgot about that one. Although, I'm guessing he didn't consider it "fainting" but passing out due to Green K exposure.

Shouldn't he be used to the differences in the universes enough now to just go with the flow?
He'll explain his surprise coming up.

On the other hand, they do have a point. How did this astroid get so close with no one noticing it? What is really going on?
cool

I am pretty sure that should say "make it to".
What? Again? blush Thanks.

No, he will be hit by a huge rock, and possible lose his memory.
Maybe. Maybe not. Different Clark after all.

Lois:With how he treated me when I was under the pheremone spray, I almost think he likes mad dog more.
CLARK: frown Not true. I like whichever Lois kisses me more.

The visions would be a lot more useful if she could remember more. They would also be more useful if she did not at times misinterpret what she saw.
Welcome to being a psychic.

Although technically they would be better off if he had not been so stunned.
Misery loves company.

Clar: Well, I try not to lie to Lois, and to claim Superman does not have feelings for Lois would be a total and complete lie.
Exactly.

Actually, Lois, they are the same person.

Lois:What did you say?

Reader:Ah, lets move on.
laugh

Actually he chose the way to have her without everyone knowing. Hopefully she will not be too mad about that.
Riiiiight. I'm sure that explanation will pop right into her head first, before everything else.

Clark:Another reason to tell her. It is just too hard to even think of multiple relationships between me and Lois. I keep getting confused which one we are talking about.
Reasons he doesn't need. Time and opportunity, he needs.

That would be a bit tricky.
To say the least.

Why not, the meeting is not until late.
Actually, they don't set a time in canon, just "this evening".

Clark:Technically we don't have a choice.
LOIS: Oh, so now you CAN'T eat with me unless Superman is there. Men! <<storms off>>

CLARK: No, Lois! [Linked Image]

he said the scary words.
He's said them before.

NR:Not the ones you keep hoping he will say "I am Superman".

PR:Oh, well, we will take what we get.

NR: <<grumble>> you are just too happy.
laugh

VirginiaR.
---
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
-- continuation of response to John's FDK --
Is she envious that Lois gets to spend time with Clark?
She's envious of Lois getting to do "real" investigative work, instead of just gossip stuff and "where the celebrities were during the eclipse" stuff.

This could get exciting.
CAT: I hope so.

At this rate soon the whole DP will be investigating Luthor.
RALPH: I'm covering the whole call-girl angle.

WALLY: No! I'm doing the call-girl angle.

CAT: That's as close either of you will ever get to a call girl.

Unless they are already there, or he brings them in fully in the open so no one suspects.
LEX: [Linked Image]

Cat seems a little slow.
Sometimes we don't always see what's right in front of us.

LOIS: I have no idea what you're talking about. I notice everything.

CLARK: cool

I guess though if he came regularly enough, one would not expect a change.
Yes, that's what she's implying.

She does seem to like him a lot.
She considers herself in love with him...

Actually a does not imply b, Cat is jumping to conclusions. My first thought was that Phil went with his parents and sibblings or nieces and nephews, and not his wife and children. That would meet the description so far.

It is also possible Phil just goes with his children. He could be widowed or divorced.
Those are both two valid conclusions. But in Cat's opinion grown men don't travel to the tropics with their parents and siblings.

Which does not mean he still has a wife.
Trying to kill of Phil's supposed wife already? wink

She really is jumping to conclusions.
Right and nobody EVER does that.

I like that we are learning a little of Cat's back story.
Thanks. More to come. evil

Well, that is possible. However she has not actually established that Phil is married.
CAT: Well, it's highly suspicious that he hasn't called me. A non-married man would have called me; therefore, he must be married.

Actually even if he was not married he might wonder if he had gone to far under the revenge and be embarassed.
Also possible.

Actually there are guys who just don't wear wedding rings. However not wearing it because it would get wrecked or lost in his line of work makes sense. Although I have to say I really hope he isn't married.
CLARK: Me, too. Cat deserves some happiness. Oh, wait, I don't know about this yet. <<big embarrassed grin>>

I still think she is drawing the wrong conclusions.
Always possible.

On the whole I think Lois and Clark are doing good. I mean they were kissing when we left them right. And they will have dinner tonight, right. And Clark is going to tell Lois today, so everything will be wonderful.

OK, maybe I should not count on the last one.
cool

I think when he tells her CK=SM, she will immediately figure out about Kryptonite. She knows that Clark was shot, so there is no way to keep her from knowing Kryptonite is real.
That's very possible. Or she might not think about Kryptonite at all.

Which is built around the false premise that they are different. Just because they look nothing alike does not prevent them from being the same being.
notworthy I love this idea!

VirginiaR.
---
J
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
J
Originally, I was going to have him call the phone in the suite, and then I wanted her to have a reason to leave her mobile phone at her apartment, to re-charge, so I switched it.
I think it is now confused.

It never made sense to me, why someone with a mobile phone (as shown in GGGoH) would use a payphone in ASU. I'll take another look at that paragraph and try to smooth out those bumps. Thanks.
Knowing Lois, my guess would be the phone got destroyed during one of her investigations. Although I think the actual explanation is the scene with Lois using Clark to block a TV reporter was just fun.

So, she can drop off her overnight bag and recharge her mobile phone.
I guess the second one makes sense. If it was just the first I would say "why doen't she just put it in her locker at work"?

John Pack Lambert
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Originally posted by John Lambert:
I think it is now confused.
I'll work on it then.

Knowing Lois, my guess would be the phone got destroyed during one of her investigations. Although I think the actual explanation is the scene with Lois using Clark to block a TV reporter was just fun.
Yes, it was, but from a logical point of view...

EW: So, she can drop off her overnight bag and recharge her mobile phone.

JOHN: I guess the second one makes sense. If it was just the first I would say "why doen't she just put it in her locker at work"?
Because the last time she brought a bag to work she got the nth degree from her co-workers, and this time she'd be arriving with Clark and an overnight bag, and she really didn't want anyone to put 1+1 together and get the right answer.

RALPH: That's 3, right?

CAT: :rolleyes:

VirginiaR.
---
J
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
J
[/QUOTE]Because the last time she brought a bag to work she got the nth degree from her co-workers, and this time she'd be arriving with Clark and an overnight bag, and she really didn't want anyone to put 1+1 together and get the right answer.[/Quote]

Well, technically they would get rhe wrong answer because Lois and Clark did not sleep toghether.

John Pack Lambert
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard