Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
#92979 01/22/13 08:24 PM
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Wrong Place, Wrong Time, Wrong Clark TOC can be found Here

Take one long collective breath and sigh. HiM is over, and now we can take a long break before... Hey, what's that in the sky?

JIMMY: A bird?

CAT: A plane?

PERRY: You fools! It's Superman!

LOIS: shock It's an asteroid! Hey, have any of you seen Clark?

**** How's that for big giant hint? ****

Comments?

Last edited by VirginiaR; 05/14/14 12:35 PM. Reason: Added Link

VirginiaR.
"On the long road, take small steps." -- Jor-el, "The Foundling"
---
"clearly there is a lack of understanding between those two... he speaks Lunkheadanian and she Stubbornanian" -- chelo.
S
Merriwether
Merriwether
S
Go Carlos - talk some sense into Clark! Sounds like a lot of action is coming up!

Joan

J
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
J
“I used to love sweets,” Clark explained. “Until my folks died.” He went on to recount the circumstances of their death, and how the smell on the smoking sugar in the back of the burning truck had haunted him ever since.

“I’m sorry, Clark. That is a horrible tragedy,” Carlos said. “I didn’t know you were also an orphan.”
smile1 Clark has another friend.

Hmm, I think maybe it was already four people who knew the truth. I forgot to count Carlos along with Clark, Martha and Jonathan.

“But wouldn’t a marriage in a church, therefore consecrated by God, wipe away this curse?” Carlos asked with furrowed brow.
Apparently not, since that is presumably what Charles and Loisette had the before the curse first kised in. However, maybe Carlos is onto something. There might be a way to call directly on the power of God to overcome the curse. There might be a way to reverse the curse after it has been made, instead of stopping its initial creation.

“Is not the power of God stronger than the power of this old warlock?”

Clark shook his head. “I would hope so, but according to Herb, it wasn’t enough when my friends in the other dimension were married.”
However they did not try to directly counteract the curse with another power. The more I think about this, the more I hope someone gets the idea of trying to destroy the curse with a new power. Someone should have the power to destroy the curse.

“And what does Lois think of this curse? Does it scare her as much as it does you?” Carlos asked.
I wish Carlos would reccomend to Clark to tell her. She really ought to know, even if she is unlikely to believe.

“But you are married, no?” Carlos asked in English.
Clark:I am not that stupid. I would never think I could keep such things secret from my wife.

“Não?” Carlos’s brow furrowed. “Engaged to married then?”
Arguably it should be "engaged to be married" but maybe this is just showing Carlos's not-top-notch English skills.

Carlos switched back to Portuguese. “Still no? It is a bit early to be worrying about consummating your marriage to Lois then, isn’t it?”

Clark glanced over at him sheepishly.
At least he did not try to blame Lois.

“Unfortunately, yes. And, as such, you have many people who look to you for their example. If it were known that you did not believe in abstinence…” Carlos said, his face paling. He made the symbol of the cross. “Trust me; it would make my job more difficult.”
Carlos has very good points. This also goes to show why Superman and Lois should never let on the hint of scandal as they did in SLV.

Canon Clark:But we were married.

Canon Lois: grumble this seems to just keep getting put off.

He could picture Cat roll her eyes with her groaning sigh.
I wonder if it should be "rolling her eyes" considering it is "groaning".

Henderson thought it looked like the robber was searching for something, and asked Clark if he were hiding anything.
Apparently St. John did not do very well at making it look like a random break-in.

recognizing Lois’s heartbeat through the line before she spoke, causing him to smile.
hyper Lois is here. I was afraid we would go the whole section without Lois.

“Hi,” Lois murmured in a sultry tone.
So why exactly arn't they together right now?

“The honeymoon suite at the Lexor Hotel,” Lois clarified. “They wanted to apologize for our interrupted honeymoon.”

“Hey, I was the one who was bombed,” Clark teasingly grumbled.
Actually this really does not make sense at all. Well, maybe it does at some level, since this is a Luthor property, but why did Lois agree to such a patently unfair arrangement. Unless it was also offered to Clark, but she could not contact him?

He gulped at her lack of subtlety. “I wish I could be there,” he admitted truthfully.

“So…”
Wait, is she trying to invite him to come over?

Lex snapped off the microphone he had them install in the honeymoon suite before sending Lois that invitation for one more night.
Why didn't Clark think to check the room for bugs? It is probably a good think he did not tell Lois the truth, or rush over there to tuck her in.

“Tomorrow, Nigel. Make it painful and look like an accident,” Lex said, turning off the switch.
Hopefully they have no clue that CK=SM. Although it might make it hard to explain how Clark survives.

John Pack Lambert
C
Top Banana
Top Banana
C
Padre Carlos is back! laugh

“It has nothing to do with that, Clark. I merely believe that you, of all people, should wait to consummate any relationship until marriage,” Carlos suggested.

“Superman lives to a higher standard,” Clark groaned.
I'm sure this is the part of being Superman that he hates the most at times.

“I trust your word as I trust Superman’s,” Clark replied.

Carlos shook his head, clearly still not believing that he was the reincarnation of this dimension’s Superman. “And Lois? Do you plan on telling her your secret?”
I still believe he is. There's just too many commonalities for it to not be the case. And while I believe a Clark belongs with a Lois I have to wonder if THIS one is "lost" in the way the ghost was last time.

“And that burden is eating away at your soul, and yet, if you told the world your secret…” Carlos sighed. “It would ruin the life that you love.” Even if he didn’t remember being Superman, as the Jaguar, Carlos carried that same burden.
This is ever more true to Clark who has lived through just that scenario.

Anyway, shortly after that whole episode, Herb returned and dropped the bombshell that if someone had killed baby Kal-El here on Earth, it might be possible to rescue him as well,” Clark said. “I agreed that if it were possible to save you, we should do that… but in my heart, I kept hoping that it wouldn’t be possible.” He covered his head with his hands. “That’s why I’m being punished, I know it is. If I hadn’t been selfish, wanting Lois for myself, I wouldn’t have brought this curse down upon my head.”

Carlos set a hand on Clark’s arm. “Do you think God is that cruel? That he punishes man on Earth for his sins?”
I would hope Clark doesn't believe that. While I suspect this Clark may not believe in God (or at least is in an "I don't know, but it seems unlikely" place in his life.)

Well what do you know, I'm out of Quotes. Time to start a second.

CLARK: No. I'm just worried I'm a jinx.
JONATHAN: A jinx?
CLARK: Yeah. Let's face it, ever since she's known me, Lois's been kidnapped, frozen, pushed off buildings, almost stabbed, poisoned, buried alive and who knows what else, and it's all because of me.
-"Contact" (You're not her jinx, you're her blessing.)
C
Top Banana
Top Banana
C
Carlos set a hand on Clark’s arm. “Do you think God is that cruel? That he punishes man on Earth for his sins?”

“Karma. What goes around comes around. I selfishly wanted to keep this dimension’s Lois away from you, from her true Clark, and so the universe made it possible for me to have her by both having you not want to give up your life to have her, and not being able to change the past, but I’ll never be able to make her my wife. I’ll never be able to make love with her,” Clark said, looking over at Carlos. “For some men, hell is here on Earth, Padre.”
Um, the idea that something can come back to you isn't a Christian belief, Clark. The sins (like that of greed as you suggest) were washed away when Christ died and rose again.

Clark: I'm not so sure about that. I've had too many experiences that make me question.

Me: grumble Why won't he take the hint and come over?

“Guess where I am,” she went on. “You never will, so I’ll tell you. Our former love nest.”

Clark’s brow furrowed. Love nest? “Where?”
Clark: When did we make love? And how don't I remember it?

“The honeymoon suite at the Lexor Hotel,” Lois clarified. “They wanted to apologize for our interrupted honeymoon.”
Clark: *whines like a puppy dog*

“I’m lying on satin sheets with all the blinds closed. No pesky interruptions from the neighbors,” she murmured, and then yawned. “I’m all ready for bed.”

He gulped at her lack of subtlety. “I wish I could be there,” he admitted truthfully.

“So…”
Lois: You could come over. I think you'd enjoy it now that we're not on the clock.

“I’m already in bed,” he said, thereby establishing the worst excuse in the history of mankind.

“Oh, really?” Lois said, sounding a bit disappointed.
Lois: So I guess he's tired then. *pouts* I like it when he's not quite as tired.

“Whatcha wearing, big fellow?”

Clark blushed. Oh, one of those calls. “Um… my pajamas.”

“Which ones?”

He cleared his throat. “The brown shorts with the autumn leaves.”
Ah, Lois. Going to make things harder for him, I see.

Lois: But of course.

“What are you…?” he started saying before he stopped himself. That would only lead to trouble. “Um…Er…” He had no idea how to end that sentence, other than the obvious: wearing?
He had finally decided on the last one, when he heard Lois giggle and click off the light switch.

“My blue plaid pajamas, Chuck. What else would I be wearing?” she teased.
Of course she knew what he was going to say. And she's NOT in the mood to drop it.

Clark: *groans*

Suddenly he pictured her in that light blue baby doll negligee, crawling across his living room towards him, and then she was on top of him, pressing her lips against his as her hands moved down to his pants and tugged at his zipper. He gulped. “You look good in blue,” he said, his voice cracking.
Clark: Padre, this is not going to be easy. At. All.

“Maybe I should come tuck you in,” he suggested, knowing that was the very last thing he should possibly be doing. “No, I should stay here and get some sleep. Yes, I should. Lois, you’re killing me.”

He swore he could hear her grin over the phone line as she scored that point against him. “Good night, Clark.”
Lois: heeheehee.... At least I know that I'm having an affect on him and it's not me.

(BTW, I'm sure she knows but it doesn't hurt for him to stroke he "intimacy" ego just a little bit more and this is one good way to do that.)

Mmmmmmm. He was going to have good dreams that night.
Dreams of a Lois on satin sheets. A Lois in a babydoll blue negligee. Etc. Lots of enjoyable dreams.

Lex snapped off the microphone he had them install in the honeymoon suite before sending Lois that invitation for one more night.
You know, I've been meaning to figure out a way for Luthor to know about Lois and Clark's activities in the honeymoon suite without him knowing about Clark's secret for a "Honeymoon Suite" story that's been in the works. Hadn't thought of them being put in during the "comped night."

CLARK: Yeah. Let's face it, ever since she's known me, Lois's been kidnapped, frozen, pushed off buildings, almost stabbed, poisoned, buried alive and who knows what else, and it's all because of me.
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Joan: Thanks for the rotflol FDK.

Go Carlos - talk some sense into Clark!
Sounds like a lot of action is coming up!
Possibly. cool

VirginiaR.
---
"clearly there is a lack of understanding between those two... he speaks Lunkheadanian and she Stubbornanian" -- chelo.
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
John: Thanks for the comments.

Clark has another friend.
And adds another difference between alt-Clark and Bruce Wayne to the checklist.

Hmm, I think maybe it was already four people who knew the truth. I forgot to count Carlos along with Clark, Martha and Jonathan.
Right, him. laugh

Apparently not, since that is presumably what Charles and Loisette had the before the curse first kised in. However, maybe Carlos is onto something. There might be a way to call directly on the power of God to overcome the curse. There might be a way to reverse the curse after it has been made, instead of stopping its initial creation.
Unless "under God" in "a church" doesn't count if done in the woods by Friar Perry.

However they did not try to directly counteract the curse with another power. The more I think about this, the more I hope someone gets the idea of trying to destroy the curse with a new power. Someone should have the power to destroy the curse.
Hmmmm.

I wish Carlos would reccomend to Clark to tell her. She really ought to know, even if she is unlikely to believe.
Doesn't he? As a priest, he's more of a sounding board.

Clark:I am not that stupid. I would never think I could keep such things secret from my wife.
I know I've read one story where Clark was married to Lana and didn't tell HER.

Arguably it should be "engaged to be married" but maybe this is just showing Carlos's not-top-notch English skills.
Nope. Typo. Thanks. Fixed.

At least he did not try to blame Lois.
Yes, that would have been very bad.

Carlos has very good points. This also goes to show why Superman and Lois should never let on the hint of scandal as they did in SLV.

Canon Clark:But we were married.

Canon Lois: <<wallbash>> But we couldn't tell people that. We are just lucky the photo was a fake.
But a fake picture of a real event has to be taken as a loophole in the "truth" clause.

Good question Carlos. Although you would have been more effective if you had said "secrets" since he has many.
See, I knew he recommended it. Yes, truthS is more accurate, but -- like Clark -- Carlos sees the false identity as the most important secret to tell first.

It was not really that many interruptions, at least not yet. More often just Clark chieckening out.
CLARK: I may resemble that comment!

Carlos is a really good friend for Clark to have.
Good, because Carlos isn't going anywhere.

He should probably just say a week, before that he was not trying to tell her, not really.
This answer is more truthful, he HAS been trying to tell her since he first met Trask, but then keeps changing his mind.

You know, she might have believed him if he told the whole story. At least she would have believed him at some level and looked for either confirmation or the ability to disprove it.
So, if he hadn't of fallen asleep on the couch that night, she might have gotten the truth out of him?

He really is too hard on himself.
CLARK: Only stating it as it feels.

It is certainly worth a chance. It could not possibly hurt.
It's not like he'll consent to sex without a cure anyway.

Who knows what some have learned about the power of curses.
Which is why he doesn't turn down the help.

this seems to just keep getting put off.
<<nods>>

I wonder if it should be "rolling her eyes" considering it is "groaning".
Yes, that does sound better. Thanks.

Apparently St. John did not do very well at making it look like a random break-in.
NIGEL: Perhaps I was a bit enthusiastic. But once you start breaking a man's stuff, it's hard to stop.

Lois is here. I was afraid we would go the whole section without Lois.
Oh, dear. But they spoke about her for most of it. laugh

Because she couldn't reach Clark on the phone to tell him about the free night, because Superman was in Chicago helping with stranded motorists after a big snowfall.

Actually this really does not make sense at all. Well, maybe it does at some level, since this is a Luthor property, but why did Lois agree to such a patently unfair arrangement. Unless it was also offered to Clark, but she could not contact him?
It was offered to "Mr. & Mrs. Kent". Lois made the reservation, so the offer was made to both of them through her, but she couldn't reach him (see above)

Wait, is she trying to invite him to come over?
LOIS: <<waves big obvious sign>> Perhaps.

Why didn't Clark think to check the room for bugs? It is probably a good think he did not tell Lois the truth, or rush over there to tuck her in.
Because the bugs were installed in the Lexor suite, not Clark's apartment... and he's trying not to visit Lois at the hotel at the moment.

Hopefully they have no clue that CK=SM. Although it might make it hard to explain how Clark survives.
No clue, and it might.

VirginiaR.
---
J
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
J
Unless "under God" in "a church" doesn't count if done in the woods by Friar Perry.
It was Friar Harry.

Anyway, since Lois and Clark's marriage was performed by an angel and Lois still died, before Herb came back so they could reset things, the marriage itself is not enough. I still think it would be worth trying to proactively destroy the curse. Maybe if they have Carlos perform the marriage and invoke the power of God against said curse in the ceremony for example.

I know I've read one story where Clark was married to Lana and didn't tell HER.
I have read one story where Clark tells Lois on their wedding night. I also read two stories by CarolM where Clark did not tell Lois until about 3 months after he married her, but considering the circumstances which they got married under in both of them that is not too surprising.

John Pack Lambert
J
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
J
But a fake picture of a real event has to be taken as a loophole in the "truth" clause.
Canon Clark:I am also lucky it was only 1997. If it had been much into 1998 they probably would have asked "Did you have sex with that woman", and I would have had no way to speak the truth while misdirecting them.

Good question Carlos. Although you would have been more effective if you had said "secrets" since he has many.
See, I knew he recommended it. Yes, truthS is more accurate, but -- like Clark -- Carlos sees the false identity as the most important secret to tell first.
I assumed that Carlos thought of all the issues as one inter-related and connnected issue.

It is certainly worth a chance. It could not possibly hurt.
It's not like he'll consent to sex without a cure anyway.
At least not if he remembers the curse.

Lois is here. I was afraid we would go the whole section without Lois.
Oh, dear. But they spoke about her for most of it. laugh
It only counts if she is actually there. Otherwise I start complaining that it is not living up to being a Lois and Clark fan fic. Starts reminding me of the "Adventures of Superman" TV show, where in season 1 alone they had at least three Lois-less episodes despite listing her as the co-star, even in the credits to those episodes. False advertising in opening credits. grumble

Because she couldn't reach Clark on the phone to tell him about the free night, because Superman was in Chicago helping with stranded motorists after a big snowfall.
So they were both offered the free night then. Makes more sense then in canon, when only Lois was offered the free night.

Which also means that Lois is doing what she ought to do by inviting him. I was wondering at some level if he would have to sneak in to avoid charges, but since the free room is for both of them.

Because the bugs were installed in the Lexor suite, not Clark's apartment... and he's trying not to visit Lois at the hotel at the moment.
That just explains why Clark did not notice the bugs. My question was why he did not think to look for them. But I guess since he did not notice any in the hotel before, and becuase he does not know that Luthor was behind the break-in, this oversight does make sense.

John Pack Lambert
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Christina: Thanks for the long FDK! smile1

Padre Carlos is back! I also like that he's playing a role very similar to one used in the comics in the past (if I remember correctly, there was a Catholic priest that Superman/Clark talks with in "Superman: For Tomorrow".)
I didn't know about that character, but since priests aren't supposed to divulge secrets, I thought it would be a good person for Clark to talk to.

I wonder why his voice was quavering? I suppose he was worried that his "soul" might be "snuffed out and replaced" (in the context of the timeline restarting not Clark doing that intentionally.)
He's nervous about why Superman is back. He had confessed some pretty serious secrets the last time he was there, and he's a pretty powerful guy. And, yes, he could be there to warn him that he's about to change Carlos's life forever.

Nice peace offering. Probably best to move it to a more secure location. While confessionals are fairly private I doubt they'd be as private as they'd need it to be.
Let's hope Carlos's private apartment is a better location.

Carlos: it doesn't hurt to try it out.
He is drinking a cup.

Yup, no doubt in my mind this was meant to be the Canon Soul lost.
cool

Rotten luck that it had to happen twice over.
I believe in "Soul Mates" it was established that either Lois or Clark were destined to be orphaned.

It would make sense that he would consider it part of his mission considering his personal history (and potentially the soul history.)
[Linked Image]

It is kind of discomfiting because reincarnation doesn't really jive with Christian philosophy and religion.
Exactly.

I guess I could see how that would be the case.
Seeing the big picture, and how others view the same event in history is sometimes a difficult feat.

Translation: I'm not about to give her up.
CLARK: She's mine, and you can't have her. Ninner-ninner-ninner!

CARLOS: I'm a priest. I don't want her.

CLARK: So, you say.... but... but... but... She's Lois! How could you not be wiped off your feet by her?

CARLOS: :rolleyes:

It is probably a relief to know that the life you've made for yourself will still be there, that it won't be rendered moot.
Exactly. He might not believe him, but there could be the possibility.

Carlos: Is Lois married to someone else, then?
CLARK: clap Yes.

Lois: You could come over. I think you'd enjoy it now that we're not on the clock.
CLARK: The clock wasn't why I hadn't enjoyed it in the first place.

Lois: So I guess he's tired then. *pouts* I like it when he's not quite as tired.
CLARK: Phew.

Ah, Lois. Going to make things harder for him, I see.

Lois: But of course.
Why would she make things easier for him?

Of course she knew what he was going to say. And she's NOT in the mood to drop it.

Clark: *groans*
LOIS: evil

CARLOS: If it were easy, everyone would be doing it. If it were easy, it wouldn't be a test of one's faith and inner strength.

Lois: heeheehee.... At least I know that I'm having an affect on him and it's not me.

(BTW, I'm sure she knows but it doesn't hurt for him to stroke he "intimacy" ego just a little bit more and this is one good way to do that.)
LOIS: laugh I know what I'm doing.

Dreams of a Lois on satin sheets. A Lois in a babydoll blue negligee. Etc. Lots of enjoyable dreams.
CLARK: I hope there aren't any crimes, natural disasters, or fires tonight.

You know, I've been meaning to figure out a way for Luthor to know about Lois and Clark's activities in the honeymoon suite without him knowing about Clark's secret for a "Honeymoon Suite" story that's been in the works. Hadn't thought of them being put in during the "comped night."
LEX: It's called being sneaky.

VirginiaR.
---
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Originally posted by John Lambert:
It was Friar Harry.
I knew Perry wasn't right, I was too lazy to check the correct name. blush

Anyway, since Lois and Clark's marriage was performed by an angel and Lois still died, before Herb came back so they could reset things, the marriage itself is not enough. I still think it would be worth trying to proactively destroy the curse. Maybe if they have Carlos perform the marriage and invoke the power of God against said curse in the ceremony for example.
Hmmmm. Interesting theory.

I have read one story where Clark tells Lois on their wedding night. I also read two stories by CarolM where Clark did not tell Lois until about 3 months after he married her, but considering the circumstances which they got married under in both of them that is not too surprising.
I really need to catch up on my reading.

Canon Clark:I am also lucky it was only 1997. If it had been much into 1998 they probably would have asked "Did you have sex with that woman", and I would have had no way to speak the truth while misdirecting them.
True. clap I always thought it strange that the lawyer in the The People Vs. Lois Lane, never noticed that Superman didn't answer his question about whether he 'loved Lois'.

I assumed that Carlos thought of all the issues as one inter-related and connnected issue.
That's possible. I'll have to re-look over that scene.

At least not if he remembers the curse.
[Linked Image]

CLARK: What do you mean, 'not remember the curse'? How could I forget about it?

It only counts if she is actually there.
Which is why I almost didn't leave the current part I'm working on at 17 pages, and stretched it out to 21 pages. But I said, what the hey! My cushion's at 8 parts at the moment. laugh

Otherwise I start complaining that it is not living up to being a Lois and Clark fan fic. Starts reminding me of the "Adventures of Superman" TV show, where in season 1 alone they had at least three Lois-less episodes despite listing her as the co-star, even in the credits to those episodes. False advertising in opening credits.
Oh, dear. I guess you didn't like "Another Lois" then? wink

So they were both offered the free night then. Makes more sense then in canon, when only Lois was offered the free night.

Which also means that Lois is doing what she ought to do by inviting him. I was wondering at some level if he would have to sneak in to avoid charges, but since the free room is for both of them.
Like she wasn't being overcharged for that first night without him already.

That just explains why Clark did not notice the bugs. My question was why he did not think to look for them. But I guess since he did not notice any in the hotel before, and becuase he does not know that Luthor was behind the break-in, this oversight does make sense.
Clark can't check every place Lois goes and he might talk to her for bugs, otherwise he'd become overly paranoid. And just because Lex owns the Lexor Hotel doesn't mean he would put listening devices and/or cameras in the honeymoon suite to spy on Lois.

LEX: I didn't. I had them installed, because other high value clients might use the room for off-the-books meetings. Plus, better... well, okay, cheaper than pay-per-view.

VirginiaR.
---
C
Top Banana
Top Banana
C
Tempus: Don't you just love irony?
Yes, I think Tempus would be enjoying this story.
Which I believe is in itself a slight irony. (My husband probably would disagree, we often debate the concept.)

Considering the canon Clark's marriage took place before God with an ARCHANGEL presiding that does seem a little implausible.
Maybe Herb really was Mxy in disguise. wink
Only if he was the Golden/Early Silver Age version (that one was EVIL!)

I've had a story tossing around in my mind over the marriage episode (associated with Michael, whom I call Mich-El in the story because that is the literal translation of it.) It hasn't gotten written because I've yet to get the concept down to my satisfaction. It's difficult to merge the workings of God with the workings of Superman in a sufficient manner that DOESN'T elevate Clark to an angelic status. That is something that doesn't jive with this version of Superman (and to be quite honest, the Superman that is fully god-like/angelic-like is rather bothersome.)
Yes, that's a hard line not to cross. It is one of the reasons I have the Jaguar question Superman's motives in that first scene in the woods. So, would Mich-El be related to Kal-El? wink
I hadn't really thought of that idea. I'm wary of the idea honestly but it's a curious one and might work if I did it carefully.

It's a fair question and one that could be answered with him asking as Superman. I would not, however recommend it.
What do you mean? Carlos asking as Superman? Or Clark as Superman asking Lois?
Clark as Superman.

I still believe he is. There's just too many commonalities for it to not be the case. And while I believe a Clark belongs with a Lois I have to wonder if THIS one is "lost" in the way the ghost was last time.
It is possible.
FTR, that means that in my personal head-canon for this story he's going to be with the Alt-Lois (from Alt-Clark's world) by the end of things. How that works? I dunno.

Considering the "Man who would be Lois's soulmate" (I put this in parentheses because you, the writer have hinted that he's not really Clark's soul reincarnated bur merely a nearly identical individual soul) is saying it is time to let her move on too you, Clark, I think you have an out there. In fact, considering who's in charge of it he'd encourage it.
It is one of the reasons that Clark isn't feeling guilty about continuing his relationship with Lois. Unfortunately, Carlos isn't in charge of the curse.
I'm ever more certain (after re-reading the script of Soulmates and "Tempus, Anyone?" that Clark's in the clear on the curse. It's possible that Wells is being overly cautious however (he really ought to be using that DERNED soul-tracker to determine if Carlos and Clark are THE SAME soul (different universes) or a SIMILAR soul (different universes.)

CARLOS: If it were easy, everyone would be doing it. If it were easy, it wouldn't be a test of one's faith and inner strength.
clap

Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Originally posted by Christina:
Which I believe is in itself a slight irony. (My husband probably would disagree, we often debate the concept.)
It's ironic that Tempus would like an ironic story where he accidentally erased himself from time?

Only if he was the Golden/Early Silver Age version (that one was EVIL!)
I like fan-boy Mxy. He's funny. laugh

I hadn't really thought of that idea. I'm wary of the idea honestly but it's a curious one and might work if I did it carefully.
I don't know your idea, but it would be fun if Michael (Mich-El) wasn't an angel but another Kryptonian who had lived on Earth a long time and discovered different powers which made him appear as if he were like an angel.

Clark as Superman.
Yeah, that might upset her a tad.

FTR, that means that in my personal head-canon for this story he's going to be with the Alt-Lois (from Alt-Clark's world) by the end of things. How that works? I dunno.
cool

I'm ever more certain (after re-reading the script of Soulmates and "Tempus, Anyone?" that Clark's in the clear on the curse. It's possible that Wells is being overly cautious however (he really ought to be using that DERNED soul-tracker to determine if Carlos and Clark are THE SAME soul (different universes) or a SIMILAR soul (different universes.)
Disclaimer: I'm not perfect. I can make mistakes. I try not to, but it's been known to happen, every once and a blue moon. wink

VirginiaR.
---
C
Top Banana
Top Banana
C
Originally posted by VirginiaR:

[QUOTE] I'm ever more certain (after re-reading the script of Soulmates and "Tempus, Anyone?" that Clark's in the clear on the curse. It's possible that Wells is being overly cautious however (he really ought to be using that DERNED soul-tracker to determine if Carlos and Clark are THE SAME soul (different universes) or a SIMILAR soul (different universes.)
Disclaimer: I'm not perfect. I can make mistakes. I try not to, but it's been known to happen, every once and a blue moon. wink
I suspect that he had it slip his mind (considering he's an eccentric scientist/author I think you can consider that a possibility.)

Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Originally posted by VirginiaR:
[b]

[QUOTE] I'm ever more certain (after re-reading the script of Soulmates and "Tempus, Anyone?" that Clark's in the clear on the curse. It's possible that Wells is being overly cautious however (he really ought to be using that DERNED soul-tracker to determine if Carlos and Clark are THE SAME soul (different universes) or a SIMILAR soul (different universes.)
I suspect that he had it slip his mind (considering he's an eccentric scientist/author I think you can consider that a possibility.) [/b]
It could also be that he came up with his hypothesis prior to learning about Carlos, and the fact that Carlos is a priest leads him to consider him less likely to be a reincarnation of True Clark's soul.

VirginiaR.
---
Boards Chief Administrator
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Online Content
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
“The last time I was here, I said some things without thinking, and inadvertently hurt your feelings. I’ve come to apologize,” Clark explained, slipping into Portuguese. “Also, I’m not Catholic.”
laugh

There was a moment of silence before Carlos chuckled. “Then you have much to atone for, Clark. Come, let us speak elsewhere.”
I’m thinking he’s referring to Clark not being Catholic.

“Lois recommended it. She seemed surprised that it wasn’t my favorite tea.
laugh

“I couldn’t, even if I wanted to.” Clark set his tea down on the coffee table and dropped his head into his hands.
clap

“Unfortunately, yes. And, as such, you have many people who look to you for their example. If it were known that you did not believe in abstinence…” Carlos said, his face paling. He made the symbol of the cross. “Trust me; it would make my job more difficult.”
More children left at his doorstep? Also, wouldn’t the whole thing be moot once Ralph writes the tell-all story by Kara-Te, one of the concubines of the First Lord of Krypton?

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, our favorite show, life, and more! (It’s almost like the IRC days of old again!)

I go by Michael on the Archives.
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Online Content
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
“I know that she will forgive me eventually, but I’m terrified about how she will react in the interim,” Clark admitted.
Maybe he should have told her in his destroyed apartment? That way, anything throwable would already be broken?

“What an evil man to do this to any child,” Carlos whispered, his eyes closing. “Super or not.”
Actually, the evil man only tried to do that. It was the evil author who went through with it.

“Or,” Carlos suggested. “You could choose the path of abstinence before marriage.”
CLARK: [Linked Image]
LOIS: [Linked Image]

I can ask the Church to check its records in Rome, if you like, to see if we have any records of a curse that can attach onto one’s soul.”
Actually, isn’t the church against reincarnation?

“The copier is busted!” she announced.
wave Michael

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, our favorite show, life, and more! (It’s almost like the IRC days of old again!)

Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Michael: Yea! smile1 Lots more of Cat to come.

Oooooh! Also, isn’t that kind of a conversation something that should remain on the list of not approved activities considering she’s sleeping in peeping-tom central. Also, would it also count as consummation of their love? And what will the police report say about her having died inside a room locked from the inside?
rotflol Wouldn't Lex be surprised?

LEX: But officer here's the tapes, she was just talking to him on the phone and then the next moment she self-combusts.

He knows about those calls?
CLARK: Um... wasn't it established that I've read books, watched television, and once or twice seen a porno? NOT from personal experience.

She could be wearing the matching shirt.
LOIS: [Linked Image] I have no idea what you're talking about.

ER: <<shock>>
Really? Um... weren't you the one who suggested that was a no-no conversation up-above there for this very reason? Or are you just shocked because you were right?

But won’t it look suspicious if they find his honeyed body inside a vat filled with rats?
But Nigel is taking care of it, not Lex himself.

VirginiaR.
---
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Online Content
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Lois and or Clark being born to the other?
[Linked Image]

CARLOS: <<covering his ears>> La... la... la... I can't hear you. - Premarital sex is a big no-no!
help

quote: SUPERMAN: Depends on from which planet the warlock is from?

CARLOS: So, us Earthling produce good warlocks?
No, just that a Kryptonian warlock would have some nice extra powers to work with. And once you remove the sideeffects of being hit by a lightning bolt thrown by an angry god to smite the annoying human, they’re not that scary anymore.

TEMPUS: I never get credit anymore!
[Linked Image] Unless you *want* to be known as the guy so stupid, he erased himself form history by his machinations.
LOIS: Oooh! Ooooh! Would that mean that he’s galactically stupid?

Glad you enjoyed it. [Smiley] Lots more of Cat to come.
Cat’s going to come a lot more often now? cool

LEX: But officer here's the tapes, she was just talking to him on the phone and then the next moment she self-combusts.
wave Michael

Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Originally posted by Darth Michael:
Lois and or Clark being born to the other?

ER: <<yes>>
Hmmmm. But then they would have to get involved with someone else. Oh, I know... I could write a story... [Linked Image] Where Clark married Lana and alt-Lois was reincarnated as his daughter, and he needed to kill himself off, so yucky things didn't happen. He's gets reincarnated as his teenage daughter's mistake. Only then repeat until someone gets the idea to kill both themselves and their child? I'm thinking I wouldn't write that story, let alone read it.

LOIS: But it’s *fun*! Plus, no waiting for Mother to arrange the wedding.
CAT: <<yes>>
CLARK: <<help>>
clap sounds like fun!

No, just that a Kryptonian warlock would have some nice extra powers to work with. And once you remove the sideeffects of being hit by a lightning bolt thrown by an angry god to smite the annoying human, they’re not that scary anymore.
So, the angry god is Thor?

Unless you *want* to be known as the guy so stupid, he erased himself form history by his machinations.
LOIS: Oooh! Ooooh! Would that mean that he’s galactically stupid?
dance

Cat’s going to come a lot more often now?
EW: I didn't say that.

CAT: mecry

Right. Since Rachel never gave you her number. So, that’s why he’s swearing he had no contact with her after that night.
CLARK: [Linked Image]So, her son can't be my child.

She *lied* during the call?
I didn't say that. laugh

Just because you *talk* about it doesn’t mean you *expect* him to follow through like that. *And* show up like that.
LEX: Oh, dear, am I getting predictable?

VirginiaR.
---
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard