Print Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3
#92901 01/18/13 08:29 PM
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Wrong Place, Wrong Time, Wrong Clark TOC can be found Here

See, Clark really is trying this time to be honest. evil

Comments, feedback, and party happily accepted here.

Last edited by VirginiaR; 05/16/14 12:34 PM. Reason: Added Link

VirginiaR.
"On the long road, take small steps." -- Jor-el, "The Foundling"
---
"clearly there is a lack of understanding between those two... he speaks Lunkheadanian and she Stubbornanian" -- chelo.
C
Top Banana
Top Banana
C
I got a rare moment when War'N Peace is napping to read and comment. party

“Not that it’s any of your business, Lex, but Clark and I took turns on the couch. I got it the first night, him the second.”
Oh Lois, while I know you didn't mean too, you just gave that guy some hope. Not the kind of thing you want I'm sure.

lex watched as Lois slammed the door in his face. Evidently, he had touched a bit too close to the truth to elicit such an overreaction as that. He nodded. Just as he suspected.
Not quite the reaction I suspected but it's still appropriate.

Nigel. First off, I want… no, need to know everything regarding Kent. Break into his apartment and bring me anything of importance, especially anything on his true identity,” Lex ordered. “It’s been long enough since that botched surveillance job for it not be associated with them.”
Oh great. Looks like Clark's secret compartment may be in jeopardy. Also, if Lois still has any clothing left at his place by that point...

Lois: What?? You mean to tell my underwear is missing???? *goes on a reporting rampage, getting in contact with Louie and attempting to get it back.*

“No need; he won’t be alive long enough for us to justify the expense of having them dismantled before his body is found,” Lex explained with a flick of his hand. “Or his disappearance noticed.”
*snort* good luck with that unless you get your hands on some kryptonite.

Luthor: What did you say? Nigel is the best at his craft, of course he'll be able to dispose of Kent.

“How are Ms. Lane’s accommodations coming along?”

“Splendidly, sir. Another week and she could wake up there and not know she wasn’t in her own flat,” his majordomo announced. “Shall we stock it with essentials, sir?”
Ah, the subterranean apartment he offered during Nightfall. I suspect he's thinking of Lois as a trophy on par with the painting are artwork in his vault.

“Careful, Chuck, I haven’t given you a goodnight kiss yet,” she warned with a playful glint to her eye.

He leaned over and kissed her cheek. “Maybe I should take it now, in case I say something stupid later on.”
Mxyzptlk: Heehee, those two are just so cute together! (think Post Crisis Mxy who is actually a MAJOR shipper.)

“Oh, right,” Clark said sheepishly, grabbing another piece of pizza. “If it’s in your way, I can take my suitcase when I leave tonight.”
Oh Clark... you're not taking her hints.

Clark: You do realize that's on purpose, don't you?

ER: *sighs* sadly yes, I do.

He caressed her cheek with one hand and the other arm went around her waist, pulling her to his chest. “I figured you would want to keep this between us,” he murmured before setting his lips onto hers. “For now.”
Those All encompassing kisses are the best kind.

She would then understand why they couldn’t become intimate... well, at least, physically intimate. Clark felt a little guilty about deceiving Lois into thinking that it was due to his abilities, and not the curse, which made it impossible for them to make love… well, impossible for now.
I can juusst tell this is going to come back and bite him.

He would tell her that he had an associate researching this problem for him, but a solution could take years, if one was ever found.
Or maybe not. Although I could see her asking about who said associate actually was.

His front door had been more than jimmied; in fact, it looked like someone had taken a crowbar to it due to the large crack in the doorjamb.
So "Foundling" is actually happening earlier than canon here.

So much for an intimate dinner with Lois and a heart to heart conversation regarding his secrets.
Sounds like he'll be holding off on that until things die down. When is that likely to happen? In the lives of Lois and Clark? Almost never.

He wasn’t paying heed though, moving towards the bookcase. He picked up the white statue, both pieces of it, he found lying on the floor next to his couch.

“Can you glue it?” Lois asked, coming up behind him.

“Yes,” Clark said softly, placing the pieces together so she could see how it was supposed to go.

It was of two faceless figures, a man and a woman, entwined together to make one. She remembered liking it when she had first noticed it on the shelf, months earlier.

“But it won’t be as strong,” Clark went on, running his thumb over the statue’s entwined arms. He closed his eyes, either to shut out the pain of having his life so carelessly invaded by another, or so Lois couldn’t see the anguish he was feeling.
OMG, the "Lovers entwined" figurine! That's harsh symbolism that it has been broken like that. Of course, that might have been the point.

Anyway, I’d worry about you and wouldn’t be able to sleep. If you’re at my place, I’ll sleep better.”
Sure you would, after have a long bout of loving I suspect.

“Don’t worry about it, Lois, we’ll figure something out. As long as we don’t have another emergency fall out of the sky, we will schedule this date, and soon, minha. I promise,”
Famous last words. You're tempting fate, Clark.

Anyway, Lois would much rather have a night alone with Clark, with him telling her about his secret past.
Which you would get if you allowed Superman to join you and your BF for dinner.

CLARK: No. I'm just worried I'm a jinx.
JONATHAN: A jinx?
CLARK: Yeah. Let's face it, ever since she's known me, Lois's been kidnapped, frozen, pushed off buildings, almost stabbed, poisoned, buried alive and who knows what else, and it's all because of me.
-"Contact" (You're not her jinx, you're her blessing.)
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Hi Virginia,

I get the feeling that either Luthor is going to be in for a rude awakening or he is going to expose Clark.

I just hope he doesn't lay his hands on any green K.

Herb replied, “My boy, I never say … impossible.” "Lois and Clarks"

My stories can be found here

kj
J
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
J
Lex watched as Lois slammed the door in his face. Evidently, he had touched a bit too close to the truth to elicit such an overreaction as that. He nodded. Just as he suspected.
Or maybe she just does not like him invading her private life.

Lex leaned back in his chair, focusing his attention on Nigel and templing his fingertips. “Good job this morning, disposing of Rourke.”
So, Luthor did listen to Lois. Hmm, maybe she should not have told him if it lead to him engineering a murder.

Lois: It is not my fault that Luthor decided to kill someone due to what I told him.

“The Congressman’s helicopter crashed just outside of Toronto,
Now we are to a body count of seven over canon. This universe seems to be more deadly than canon.

and the money we paid him for his silence recovered,”
I this there needs to be something like "has been" in there, right now it just does not sound right. Now this is confusing me, why did they need to pay Harrington?

“Good. I’m going to give them a good workout before we’re through, Nigel. First off, I want… no, need to know everything regarding Kent. Break into his apartment and bring me anything of importance,
I hope his super suits are well enough stored to ellude St. John. At least some key documents related to his existence are stored elsewhere, such as the birth certificate the Kents said they would let him use.

especially anything on his true identity,”
Well, there is not any document that tells that. Only three people in this dimension know the full truth.

“It’s been long enough since that botched surveillance job for it not be associated with them.”
Clark:I will still think there is a connection.

Lois:Maybe there is, maybe not. Luthor is at least potentially suspect, although, why would he still investigate when I told him off?

“No need; he won’t be alive long enough for us to justify the expense of having them dismantled before his body is found,”
Fortuantly he has no idea that CK=SM. Although this might make it difficult to explain how Clark survies.

Clark:Hey, I explained surviving the bomb without anyone suspecting the truth, how hard can it be.

Lex explained with a flick of his hand. “Or his disappearance noticed.”
Lois: We will notivce Clark's disapparance very quickly.

“Of course, sir. May I ask, sir, why go through the trouble of searching his flat before his death? Why not send him off like the others?”
Others eek . How many people has Luthor had killed? I guess maybe we should revise the BC over canon up to 8, because there was that jeweler on Christmas Day. I guess in canon Luthor killed lots of people, although not as many as he would have if SM had not stopped him over and over again. I wonder if there are deaths we can blame on his heatwave.

“Because, Nigel, I hate loose ends, and if we float him before discovering that answer, we may never learn it,” Lex said. “If I have to, I will torture him to find out the truth, but I will have it before he dies; otherwise, I might end up giving him a second thought after his death. My time is too valuable to waste on second thoughts.”
Let's hope it does not come to that. It might make it a bit hard to hide his identity if Clark is being tortured.

“Ah. Very good, sir. May I recommend also the National Bank of New Troy? I seem to recall from our previous searches that Mr. Kent rented a safety deposit box there upon his arrival into the city,” suggested Nigel.
Oh no. That would be very bad if Luthor was able to find the contents of the box. I don;t even remember exactly what is in the box, but it still would be bad.

“How are Ms. Lane’s accommodations coming along?”
Is he building the astroid-hit shelter already? That will not go over well if she sees it, not at all.

“Excellent,” said Lex. “I doubt it will be necessary to use it quite yet, Nigel, as Ms. Lane seems to be coming around nicely.
After she flatly refused his invitation for weekly dinner? I guess it is not meant to be a shelter for if the astroid hits, at least not yet.

John Pack Lambert
J
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
J
After typing up her sidebar Project Shock Wave story, Lois could hardly keep her eyes open. The lack of sleep from the last few nights was finally catching up with her. Clark looked as beat as she felt, but still volunteered to walk her home.
smile1 he is walking her home. Although I fear they will not get to the key talk tonight.

They stopped and picked up a pizza to eat for dinner.
I guess Lois really does like pizza with Clark.

“I’m too exhausted to talk,” she warned him as she passed Clark a glass of water and a plate.
frown I was hoping they would. Although, I really did not expect it.

He leaned over and kissed her cheek. “Maybe I should take it now, in case I say something stupid later on.”
clap I love his dialogue.

She pushed him back with a grin. “You could always give me a kiss ‘good morning’ instead.”
So she just invited him to stay the night.

“Mmmmm. I knew there was a reason I loved you,” she said.
She really does not seem to realize she has not told him this before, if she says it so casually. Although, technically she has told him.

She nudged him again. “You know I do.”
This is only true because he sometimes wears a disguise.

Lois blushed, embarrassed by those words from months ago before shooting him an evil grin. “More for me.”
I am quite glad she has found a way to be postive about this issue.

She took another piece of pizza. “You know, your suitcase is still here,” she said as casually as she could.
I am surprised she did not destroy it.

“You didn’t burn my clothes?” he said with some shock.
clap

Her brow furrowed. Why would I do that?
She was never as angry about what happened while she was drugged as he expected.

Then she realized he was joking.
He seems to do that a lot.

“Well, I must admit that I prefer you unclothed,” she said naughtily with a bounce of her eyebrows.
Clark:I hope Wells comes back soon with a way to fix the curse.

His fake shock turned genuine. “When have you…?” he sputtered, and she laughed, setting a reassuring hand on his shoulder.
Lois: Well, never all the way, but I liked what I saw.

“Those couple of times I’ve caught you right out of the shower,” she admitted.
Wait, it happened multiple times?

“Oh, right,” Clark said sheepishly, grabbing another piece of pizza. “If it’s in your way, I can take my suitcase when I leave tonight.”
Lois:No, no, no. You are not leaving tonight.

Evidently, he didn’t understand her hint about the ‘good morning kiss’.
Either that, or he is deliberately ignoring it.

Lois didn’t know what to do.
Use more clear and direct language, like Cat did the night that Lois got shot.

She didn’t want to ask him again to stay and again have him turn her down.
I guess that would be hard on both of them.

Clark:I am trying to do the right thing. I hate how it hurts Lois.

It was humiliating enough to have been the one to suggest it in the first place.
I guess that is why she went for the very obique reference.

Was he still scared that the same problem he had with his ex-fiancée would happen with her?
No, not at all.

Was he really that naïve?
In not getting her "good morning kiss" reference? Or is there something else he missed her?

Of course, she didn’t love Clark only for his body.
Maybe she should tell Clark this.

As with his food phobia, she would have to take her time. Slowly, one step at a time, allow him to become comfortable with this new aspect of their relationship.
This would be a good plan, expcet the problem she thinks is there does not exist.

“You’re tired,” Clark said, standing up. “I’ll be on my way, and let you get some rest. We’ll talk tomorrow after work.”
Why doesn't he come over for breaksfast and tell her then? OK, there might not really be time for a good indepth discussion that way.

She walked him to her door. “You’re not going to talk to me at work?” she teased.
Clark:Not the talk I really want to have. Some things cannot be said at work.

He caressed her cheek with one hand and the other arm went around her waist, pulling her to his chest. “I figured you would want to keep this between us,” he murmured before setting his lips onto hers. “For now.”
Hey, the rest of the newsroom probably figures a lot more happened in the Honeymoon Suite than really did.

John Pack Lambert
J
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
J
Did Clark know that his kisses melted her kneecaps?
grumble why do i have to be the one holding out all the time.

Reader:Becuase you are the only one who believes the curse claim with no actual evidence.

“Stay,” she said, before remembering his fear and not wanting to scare him off, added, “We could just cuddle.
This sounds like a good plan.

Clark:I am not sure it would work.

Reader:It did before.

Clark:No, it is not that I think it would activate the curse. I am just not sure if I would have the resolve all night long. And if I did it would require too much thingking about the curse.

I’m too tired for more anyway.”
She does have a point.

She was lying,
Oh no, I guess Clark had better leave.

as Clark’s kisses were quite revitalizing,
Lois:I need to remember this as the best way to get rid of all fatigue.

“You make it difficult to say ‘no’, Lois,” he replied with another light kiss to her lips.
hyper he will stay.

“Say ‘yes’ for a change then,” she suggested, her fingers dancing down his chest.
Wait, is this the way to make him think they will just cuddle?

“But if I stay, neither of us will get the sleep we need,” he said, taking a step back.
He does have a point.

Lois grinned. “And that would be bad?”
Hmm, he may not believe her "just cuddle' line anymore.

Apparently, he didn’t think so, because he suddenly pressed another kiss to her lips.
party they are kissing.

“Tomorrow, Lois.
Lois:So tomorrow you will stay the night with me?

We’ll talk about this tomorrow,”
Lois:I want to do more than talk.

he said, opening the door. “When we both have had a chance to sleep.”
I have to say this is the wisest move on the surface, although Lois may be mad about things anyway.

She wondered what exactly it was that he wanted to ‘talk about’. Was he hesitant about progressing further without revealing his past to her?
You are 100% right Lois. Although, it is not at all what you think. You see Clark is really.

Clark:Let me tell her.

Reader:OK, but do it soon.

Her eyes widened in happiness. Now, that would be a progress which could beat out physical intimacy… well, for now. For that, Lois was willing to wait.
So now the big question is, will Lois really be glad when he tells her the truth that CK=SM, or will she be irate. I am guessing at least somewhat irate. Especially since SM rjected her.

John Pack Lambert
J
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
J
The next day, after a long day of follow-ups on the Rourke, Harrington, and the Project Shock Wave story, including an announcement from the Canadian authorities that Congressman Harrington’s helicopter had crashed with no survivors outside of Toronto, Clark finally was able to make it back to his apartment.
So now he is going to learn it was burgled?

and then she was going to meet Clark at his place for dinner within an hour.
At first read I thought it said "his favorite place" and was wondering if they would go to the restraunt where she first told him she loved him.

Hmm, have they been in the apartment together since the Pheremone incident?

Clark had decided it was time to come clean with Lois and tell her the truth about Superman.
smile1 smile1 hyper party He is going to tell her. This is wonderful news.

John Pack Lambert
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Roller Coaster! We are up then down then all around. I wonder if this ride will come to a halt soon. More soon. Laura

Clark: “If we can be born in an instant, and die in an instant, why can’t we fall in love in an instant?”

Caroline's "Stardust"
J
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
J
Today was the day, he had decided.
Negative Reader:We saw canon Clark do that to, and not go through. Better not count your chickens before they hatch.

Postive Reader:I still will celebrate just the fact he wants to tell her. shock Oh no. He is going to try to convince her they can't be intimate because he is SM. Wait, I think this is a very, very bad plan. Not likely to work either. I mean he admitted he had sex with Lana, so unless he claims something really bad happened to her, this plan will not work. I do not think this will result in what he hopes.

and not the curse, which made it impossible for them to make love… well, impossible for now.
I think he should tell her about the curse. That is the only way. I still am not sure it would convince her, but at least they would not be talking round eachother.

He would tell her that he had an associate researching this problem for him,
This is not going to work. How is he going to explain Lana? This is not a good plan.

but a solution could take years, if one was ever found. It was only fair to have her know what she was getting herself into. She cared for him and she cared for Superman, so he had high hopes that this curse was a mere blip on their path together into the future.
This will only work if he tells her about the curse. Otherwise it will just lead to more anger later on if he tried to convince her something else is the problem.

Also, since she does realize something happened while she was under the Pheremones, he needs to explain things in a way that explains what really happened then.

His plans are not well thought out.

Sure, she would be mad at him for lying to her about his secret identity as Superman,
This is likely.

and possibly about promising to make love to her someday,
This is why he needs to tell her about the curse. Even if she does not believe him.

but he had high hopes that she would forgive him.
Probably if he tells her the truth. If he tries to claim being SM is why he can't make love with her, it will just confuse her totally.

Until a cure was found, they could still be together, just not physically intimate.
Which is why he needs to make sure to tell her about the curse.

He rubbed his brow in frustration as he walked up the first flight of stairs to his apartment.
He should be. This is not a good plan. Especially since unless he tells her about the curse, I do not see how he can make his statements about his past work.

Maybe, someday, he would try to explain about the curse,
His best course is to tell about the curse now. Either that or not try to explain why he can't make love with her. Without the curse, how does he explain about his past fiancee?

when he told her about Herb, time and inter-dimensional travel,
Also, if he does not tell her about inter-dimensional travel, how is he going to explain his past? This does not sound like a good idea to me. Cat thinking he grew up on Krypton is OK, but Lois thinking that will just not work.

and where he truly was from. The curse, in itself, was so implausible that if Herb Wells hadn’t had a history with it and had witnessed Lois’s actual death in the future, Clark wouldn’t believe in it himself;
Except Wells did not witness Lois' death, so Clark probably should not believe it at all.

he knew that Lois wouldn’t accept it as fact without the full context.
Which is why he should tell her the full context. OK, maybe I should give up. Still, I think if he gives her half an explanation it will just make things worse later on.

The more I think about things, the less I think his plan makes any sense.

He had no idea how to explain to Lois why this curse would only affect them, which was the main reason he was leaving it out of their conversation altogether for the time being. Why would she believe that they both could have sex with anyone else in the world, but not with each other, and that doing so would cause one of them, and probably her due to his unique physiology, to die?
I am not sure, but I am not understanding how he hopes that anything else will discorage her pursuing him.

Lois was a very logical person. It didn’t make sense to him, so he doubted it would to her.
So maybe he should stop believing flaky time travelers.

Before he told her about Superman though, he was going to confront her once again about her relationship to Luthor.
His plans are getting worse and worse. I see no point in doing this at all.

He couldn’t tell her the truth if she was going to sneak around his back and meet with the billionaire.
This would only make sense if he thought she would tell Luthor about this specific fact.

How could he trust her with his most valuable secret if she couldn’t trust him enough to tell him about meeting with Luthor?
I still do not see how this relates. The only question that makes sense is whether she will tell Luthor. Meeting with Luthor about other things does not sound at all related.

It was past time to bring her in on the Luthor investigation, but he couldn’t do that if she still considered herself friends with the man.
Even this sounds like putting the horse before the cart. Clark needs to trust Lois before she trusts him. I also do not see how that related to telling her that he is Superman. They seem to be two different issues.

He knew she wouldn’t be happy about the fact that they had excluded her from their powwows.
Maybe, but it in this case it makes sense to not tell her until she is at least willing to accept that they have a point in investigating Luthor.

Frankly, he could see her being as upset about that as she would be about his non-disclosure about being Superman.
Maybe, but in the long run hopefully she would accept that both were logical.

John Pack Lambert
J
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
J
Clark exhaled with aggravation and annoyance. He had thought that the blackout curtains over the windows by the front door, the replacement of the glass front door with a more solid one, and the addition of new deadbolt would be enough to deter the would-be amateur thief.
He is probably right that that would turn away random theives. Hopefully this will cause him to realize this is not a random act at all, but a deliberate attack.

He was thankful that he had refused to accept Kal-El’s globe as a gift from the Kents.
Yes, their place does seem to be more secure.

The gold remaining from when he first arrived was still in the safety deposit box with the photo of his true adoptive folks.
Well, at least neither of those things are likely to be overly helpful to Luthor.

The only items of value that he had in the apartment were his spare uniforms, which he kept in a secret compartment in the back of his wardrobe. It took several men, or super strength, to move the large piece of furniture to access it.
Let's hope St. John had neither.

Of course, the last time someone had broken into his apartment, it wasn’t to take things but to leave some behind. Clark slowly approached his front door. So much for an intimate dinner with Lois and a heart to heart conversation regarding his secrets.
He really should have done so last night.

John Pack Lambert
J
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
J
Lois walked up the steps to Clark’s apartment, passing Inspector Henderson on his way out.
I guess this really was not a high profile case if he is already leaving.

“Sure, Clark, replace it again," the large man said.
Oh, it is Floyd, the landlord.

"I already authorized the construction when you installed this front door, the last time someone broke in. I don’t understand it. I’ve lived here for twelve years, and we’ve never had a burglary. You move in, and in less than a year, you’ve been hit twice.”
More clues that this was not a random job.

It was of two faceless figures, a man and a woman, entwined together to make one.
Lois: That's what I want to do with Clark.

Clark nodded, setting the statue back on its rightful shelf. “I can, if you can,” he said, turning to give her a small, hopeful smile.
Yeap, he is really talking about how he feel like an inadequate replacment for true Clark.

Clark shrugged. “Nothing really. I learned long ago not to keep anything of value or importance in my apartment,” he said, and then added, almost as an afterthought, “I thought I had escaped that part of my life.”
Oh, he is speaking of when he became known to be SM and people tried to dig up ever secret on him.

“Before I came here,” he said with a nod. “It got to the point when I almost stopped locking my front door, I got so tired of repairing it.”
He really will have to tell her more than just that he is SM.

“Is it the same guys? Have they tracked you down here?” Lois wondered aloud.
Not likely. Although some of it might be the same people, just different.

“Why don’t you spend the night at my place?” she suggested,
She is nothing if not persistent.

“No pressure. You can sleep in the guest room, if you want.”
Clark:Well, I don't really want to, but I think it would be best.

He stared at her and just from his expression, which she felt down to her toes, she knew that he didn’t want to sleep in the guest room.
hyper she knows he wants her.

He pressed his lips to hers with a kiss so full of longing it almost was as if he knew it would be days before he would be able to do so again.
hyper hyper he is going to tell her.

but they heard a key in the lock of the front door and a neighbor walked in.
whinging they were interupted, again.

“Don’t worry about it, Lois, we’ll figure something out. As long as we don’t have another emergency fall out of the sky,
Why do I think that is about to happen?

we will schedule this date, and soon, minha.
dance

I promise,” Clark reassured her with his smile. “I can’t have you going around thinking that Superman lied to you.”
I think he should just tell her right now. On the other hand, they are in a semi-public place, so it probably would be a bad idea, but still.

She would need to figure out some way to break it to Clark that she didn’t want to have a dinner party with her boyfriend and her ex-boyfriend together to discuss how much the ex-boyfriend might still care for her.
It is not like she really has a choice in the matter, they are both always there.

Anyway, Lois would much rather have a night alone with Clark, with him telling her about his secret past.
Little does she realize that they are somewhat the same.

John Pack Lambert
J
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
J
Well, I am glad that Clark did not manage to tell her his mangled story of his past yet. Hopefully he will realize he should tell her more by the time he does tell her.

On the other hand, at the rate they are going this is not looking very hopeful. So they have postpones it five nights. Clark should really just tell her already.

John Pack Lambert
J
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
J
“Good. I’m going to give them a good workout before we’re through, Nigel. First off, I want… no, need to know everything regarding Kent. Break into his apartment and bring me anything of importance, especially anything on his true identity,” Lex ordered. “It’s been long enough since that botched surveillance job for it not be associated with them.”
I think that should be "not to be" in the last part.

John Pack Lambert
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Christina: I love the nickname for your 1 y.o. smile1

Oh Clark... you're not taking her hints.

Clark: You do realize that's on purpose, don't you?

ER: *sighs* sadly yes, I do.
CLARK: I'm not as look as I stupid.

Those All encompassing kisses are the best kind.
LOIS: drool Huh? Oh, yea!

I can juusst tell this is going to come back and bite him.
evil

Or maybe not. Although I could see her asking about who said associate actually was.
I'm sure Clark could be quite vague if he needed to be.

So "Foundling" is actually happening earlier than canon here.
Actually, he "found" the globe back in Smallville, and Denny (& Jack) made their appearance back at Christmas. This is just another break-in.

Sounds like he'll be holding off on that until things die down. When is that likely to happen? In the lives of Lois and Clark? Almost never.
CLARK: wallbash

OMG, the "Lovers entwined" figurine! That's harsh symbolism that it has been broken like that. Of course, that might have been the point.
NIGEL: I plead the fifth. <<ASIDE: Anyway, you never know if he was hiding some sort of microfiche in that cheap tourist statue. I'm everything if not thorough.>>

Sure you would, after have a long bout of loving I suspect.
Hence Lois's description of her words as "her huge, obvious lie".

Famous last words. You're tempting fate, Clark.
I couldn't resist. laugh

Which you would get if you allowed Superman to join you and your BF for dinner.
But SHE doesn't know that!

VirginiaR.
---
"clearly there is a lack of understanding between those two... he speaks Lunkheadanian and she Stubbornanian" -- chelo.
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Ken: Hi. wave Thanks for the FDK.

I get the feeling that either Luthor is going to be in for a rude awakening or he is going to expose Clark.
[Linked Image]

I just hope he doesn't lay his hands on any green K.
He already has, per his Christmas gift to Lois, unless of course, he used all of it on the watch.

Laura: Thanks for the comments.
Roller Coaster! We are up then down then all around. I wonder if this ride will come to a halt soon.
Glad you're enjoying the ride. There is quite a bit left. If we stop too suddenly the rider might get through into the air and land in a bloody heap, and I'd really like to avoid that contingency.

VirginiaR.
---
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
John: Another big FDK! You spoil me, John. laugh

Or maybe she just does not like him invading her private life.
LEX: Don't be ridiculous!

So, Luthor did listen to Lois. Hmm, maybe she should not have told him if it lead to him engineering a murder.

Lois: It is not my fault that Luthor decided to kill someone due to what I told him.
CLARK: Lois is NOT to blame for the death of Rourke, Harrington, or Bart.

Now we are to a body count of seven over canon. This universe seems to be more deadly than canon.
CLARK: So, I should just give up because I can't do things as well as that other Clark?

Now this is confusing me, why did they need to pay Harrington?
So he wouldn't report Rourke and Bart to authorities and let them know that Lex's system was vulnerable to sabotage.

I hope his super suits are well enough stored to ellude St. John. At least some key documents related to his existence are stored elsewhere, such as the birth certificate the Kents said they would let him use.
CLARK: I'm pretty good at hiding things. I HAVE been robbed before, you remember.

Well, there is not any document that tells that. Only three people in this dimension know the full truth.
The Kents and Clark himself?

Clark:I will still think there is a connection.

Lois:Maybe there is, maybe not. Luthor is at least potentially suspect, although, why would he still investigate when I told him off?
Wouldn't she think that Lex be more sneaky about breaking into Clark's apartment, so it didn't look like anyone had been there? wink

Fortuantly he has no idea that CK=SM. Although this might make it difficult to explain how Clark survies.

Clark:Hey, I explained surviving the bomb without anyone suspecting the truth, how hard can it be.
Ask that to Canon Clark after ToGoM.

Lois: We will notivce Clark's disapparance very quickly.
Depends on what other things she might have on her mind at the time.

Others <<eek>>. How many people has Luthor had killed? I guess maybe we should revise the BC over canon up to 8, because there was that jeweler on Christmas Day. I guess in canon Luthor killed lots of people, although not as many as he would have if SM had not stopped him over and over again. I wonder if there are deaths we can blame on his heatwave.
Possibly. Yes, the Jeweler was one. Lex has mentioned killing several others on occasion. I can't say that he kills more than canon Lex, being that I'm sure we weren't made aware of all the deaths that occurred during canon.

Let's hope it does not come to that. It might make it a bit hard to hide his identity if Clark is being tortured.
cool

Oh no. That would be very bad if Luthor was able to find the contents of the box. I don;t even remember exactly what is in the box, but it still would be bad.
I don't believe Clark had been very forthcoming about what he had in the box. He'll mention it again eventually.

Is he building the astroid-hit shelter already? That will not go over well if she sees it, not at all.
She saw it in canon.

After she flatly refused his invitation for weekly dinner?
Technically, she didn't. She said that she'd think about it.

I guess it is not meant to be a shelter for if the astroid hits, at least not yet.
Maybe. Maybe not. I always thought the shelter was Lex's "just in case" hide-a-way being that I doubted he could get it together in 4 days, even with his resources.

VirginiaR.
---
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
-- Response to John's FDK -- Cont.

he is walking her home. Although I fear they will not get to the key talk tonight.
If he didn't walk her home, he wouldn't be able to get a kiss, now would he? Kisses much more important than talking, right?

LOIS: [Linked Image]

I love his dialogue.
See! Clark can be honest! laugh

So she just invited him to stay the night.
Maybe.

She really does not seem to realize she has not told him this before, if she says it so casually. Although, technically she has told him.
Does she need to make a big deal about it?

This is only true because he sometimes wears a disguise.
clap

I am quite glad she has found a way to be postive about this issue.
LOIS: Do you think a little sugar is going to stop me from getting some real sugar? [Linked Image]

She was never as angry about what happened while she was drugged as he expected.
No, she was more humiliated and angry at Clark for his actions.

He seems to do that a lot.
Actually, he had been serious.

Clark:I hope Wells comes back soon with a way to fix the curse.
[Linked Image]

Wait, it happened multiple times?
Once at the Apolo Hotel and once at his apartment.

Either that, or he is deliberately ignoring it.
Yes, that would be the one.

I guess that is why she went for the very obique reference.
[Linked Image]

In not getting her "good morning kiss" reference? Or is there something else he missed her?
By naive, she's thinking "inexperienced".

Maybe she should tell Clark this.
He knows this.

CLARK: Still always nice to hear.

This would be a good plan, expcet the problem she thinks is there does not exist.
Kinda, sorta, it does. He has a fear of being intimate with Lois which is stopping them from making love... but not for the reasons she thinks.

Why doesn't he come over for breaksfast and tell her then? OK, there might not really be time for a good indepth discussion that way.
How early would he have to arrive for that conversation? To answer all her questions, and still arrive to work on time? Anyway, if he delays until AFTER work, then she'll start being angry with him that night, instead of all day.

Hey, the rest of the newsroom probably figures a lot more happened in the Honeymoon Suite than really did.
CLARK: Well, if they haven't figured out that I'm also SM why would they figure out about me and Lois?

CO-WORKERS: :rolleyes:

Lois: then why didn't you?
CLARK: er... co-workers?

LOIS: Right.

I can see why, but I still think most of them think there is more of a relationship then there is.

Jimmy: Well, CK is the king when it comes to women.
JIMMY: Of course, it's been... what... a good six - eight months since he bagged Cat, and he's only been interested in Lois. Maybe he wasn't as good as I thought.

Clark: why do i have to be the one holding out all the time.

Reader:Becuase you are the only one who believes the curse claim with no actual evidence.
Because he's such a good guy. laugh

This sounds like a good plan.

Clark:I am not sure it would work.

Reader:It did before.

Clark: No, it is not that I think it would activate the curse. I am just not sure if I would have the resolve all night long. And if I did it would require too much thinking about the curse.
Cuddling before being in a relationship with kisses is different that cuddling during such a relationship.

Lois:I need to remember this as the best way to get rid of all fatigue.
laugh

Wait, is this the way to make him think they will just cuddle?
LOIS: Ooops.

Hmm, he may not believe her "just cuddle' line anymore.
Did he ever?

Lois:So tomorrow you will stay the night with me?
laugh

Lois:I want to do more than talk.
CLARK: First things first.

I have to say this is the wisest move on the surface, although Lois may be mad about things anyway.
Yes, what is Lois's frustration level?

So now the big question is, will Lois really be glad when he tells her the truth that CK=SM, or will she be irate. I am guessing at least somewhat irate. Especially since SM rejected her.
I believe I've only written one story in which Lois didn't get mad when learning Clark's secret. 2 points for anyone who guesses which one.

VirginiaR.
---
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
-- Response to John's FDK -- Cont.

So now he is going to learn it was burgled?
Oh, dear, are my patterns showing? blush

Hmm, have they been in the apartment together since the Pheremone incident?
[Linked Image] Possibly.

Clark had decided it was time to come clean with Lois and tell her the truth about Superman.
<<John throws hyperactive, smiling double-dance party>> He is going to tell her. This is wonderful news.
grumble Keeping things from me is NEVER logical!

He is probably right that that would turn away random theives. Hopefully this will cause him to realize this is not a random act at all, but a deliberate attack.
Hmmmm.

Let's hope St. John had neither.
Interesting. Would Nigel have left a clue had he discovered the uniforms to let Clark know he knew (or someone knew) or would he pretend that he didn't know, so Clark would think that the secret was safe?

He really should have done so last night.
Too tired for a productive conversation.

I guess this really was not a high profile case if he is already leaving.
He didn't stay all that long when canon Clark's apartment was robbed by Jack either.

Oh, it is Floyd, the landlord.
Yes.

Yeap, he is really talking about how he feel like an inadequate replacment for true Clark.
That's one interpretation.

Oh, he is speaking of when he became known to be SM and people tried to dig up ever secret on him.
He highly doubts that it is Superman fans / groupies and/or tabloid reporters breaking in this time.

He really will have to tell her more than just that he is SM.
cool

She is nothing if not persistent.
PERRY: That's what makes her a damn fine reporter.

she knows he wants her.
His home has just been invaded, a night in the arms of the woman he loves sounds pretty darn tempting.

Reader:Oh, he still plans on telling her he is SM, and figures she will be so mad that she won't kiss him for days.
Or maybe he just likes kissing her (see above note about his home being invaded).

You would if you thought there was worthwhile material on it.
NIGEL: You never know. What is this strange article about a press conference with Mayor White and former president Elvis Presley? Perry White isn't the mayor of Metropolis? Elvis is dead. Odd. Must be fiction of some sort.

It is worth a shot.
HENDERSON: That's why I'm coming back to check.

This is an even better explanation. Myabe it is not too bad he was stopped from telling her CK=SM. This way he will have more time to realize that he has to only tell her truths. He just admitted he was hounded where he was before, so claiming he came staight from Krypton is going to be hard to say, so he is best not claiming that.
So, they don't have thieves who would want to rob Lord Kal-El on Krypton?

Lois: Which leads us to wonder why you want to go back at all tonight, instead of just staying with me.
Uniforms are back home. Meeting with Henderson and the scanning team. Must replace front door and locks, and clean up mess.

Maybe she should tell him she is worried about her safety.
After HOW many times she has told him she doesn't need protection?

She probably has a point.
CLARK: I was only going to hover a little bit.

Clark:Well, in a way, well, sortof.

Lois:What?

Clark:Umm, well you see.

Lois:What.

Clark:It is hard to explain, give me a minute.
clap That's the one.

Now she is moving to the point where he only has one way to answer, that CK=SM.
CLARK: Well, Superman knows my intentions are honorable. Luthor's aren't.

he is going to tell her.
2 points.

they were interupted, again.
Probably best since Asabi is waiting to tail them right outside the door.

Why do I think that is about to happen?
Because you've read ahead? wink

I think he should just tell her right now. On the other hand, they are in a semi-public place, so it probably would be a bad idea, but still.
Exactly. He needs a private place to tell her.

Little does she realize that they are somewhat the same.
Yep. Little that she knows.

VirginiaR.
---
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Ooooh! hyper More!

Originally posted by John Lambert:
Well, I am glad that Clark did not manage to tell her his mangled story of his past yet. Hopefully he will realize he should tell her more by the time he does tell her.

On the other hand, at the rate they are going this is not looking very hopeful. So they have postpones it five nights. Clark should really just tell her already.
Clark's trying, but something keeps coming up. His heart is in the right place. A part of him is afraid that she'll find the "curse" an implausible and convenient excuse to not move their relationship forward (being that she doesn't believe in magic and probably even less on "spells"), and probably even less on reincarnation and soul mates. Telling Lois that he can't make love to her because he might hurt her due to his super strength at least as a basis in reality, and makes it more plausible and believable reason, while at the same time allows him to not appear commitment phobic.

I think that should be "not to be" in the last part.
Thanks. I'll fix that.

VirginiaR.
---
C
Top Banana
Top Banana
C
Mxyzptlk: Heehee, those two are just so cute together! (think Post Crisis Mxy who is actually a MAJOR shipper.)
Okay, you lost me. Is "Crisis Mxy" a story you need to post? Please, do! smile1
Sadly, no Mxyzptlk story yet (although there might be one in the offing if I can find the right inspiration.) In Man of Steel #56 (May 1996 is the date on the publication so only a few months before they got married) Mxyzptlk shows up in the comic "In the Money!" Baudyhallee posted a series of scans on her tumblr blog from the comic. I believe he also shows up briefly in the Wedding Album to wish them well.

For what I can tell of the New52 Action Comics (They're EXTREMELY hard to follow but considering we're talking about a 5th Dimension tale I guess I shouldn't be surprised) there is a suggestion that Mxyzptlk had designed the "New52" universe (prior to his nemesis potentially destroying Mxy and altering the New52 uni) so that Lois and Superman (not necessarily Clark, the image we have in the comic is up Lois in a wedding dress and Clark in the Supersuit) could get married and found a new Golden Age.

CLARK: No. I'm just worried I'm a jinx.
JONATHAN: A jinx?
CLARK: Yeah. Let's face it, ever since she's known me, Lois's been kidnapped, frozen, pushed off buildings, almost stabbed, poisoned, buried alive and who knows what else, and it's all because of me.
-"Contact" (You're not her jinx, you're her blessing.)
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard