Kerth
Comments go here!

Thanks smile

Corrina.

#92887 01/19/13 02:21 AM
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Hi Corrina,

I still am in a quandary as to where you are going with this. It begins to look like after a period on convalescence for Clark to get his powers back it will take the gunrunners attacking the village, killing a bunch of people for Lois to get her fire back and bring Clark out of his shell.

Herb replied, “My boy, I never say … impossible.” "Lois and Clarks"

My stories can be found here

kj
#92888 01/19/13 03:56 AM
K
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
K
I'm happy that Diddi is fine. smile Why I am not surprised, that Lois' little son showed her spirit in a dramatic situation. cool
Looking forward to the next part. smile1

KateB
#92889 01/19/13 10:50 AM
Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
Am really loving this story and can't wait to see where you take it. I never used to like reading LnC outside their normal lives as seen in the series, but your stories have changed that completely and I thoroughly enjoy every setup you create for them and every word you write. Well done, can't wait for the next part!

Cheers from across the ditch
Elizabeth

#92890 01/19/13 01:05 PM
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
A-ha! So, Lois being married makes him feel no pressure regarding staying. (Spoken as a genuine commitment-phobe). I love his reaction to Lois telling her that her husband isn't Diddi's father. It breaks his heart and makes him want to stay to be Diddi's father. Awwwwwwww.

Sneaky Lois not telling Kent that her husband is only in name. She's using her excuse that she's married as a way to come around his defenses that he put up because of whatever happened with Lana (she suspects death).

Technically, both Lois and Clark are married. Both of their marriages would have to be dissolved before Clark (good boy that he is) would do anything with Lois. What will Lois do when she finds out that Kent's wife isn't dead? Currently, she believes that he is free to move on because he's a widower. If he's going to ever move forward with a life with Lois, he will have to go back to his previous life and legally end his marriage with Lana (if she hasn't filed the paperwork already).

Interesting story of what happened with Diddi and Sylva. I liked how Diddi stayed strong and protected Sylva. I'd be proud of him too. laugh

She'd done nothing to suggest she was offering more than friendship.
Er... Are you sure about that, Kent?

Perhaps his decision to live without friends had been a little hasty. Friendship couldn't shred your heart like love could. Perry had been his friend - until the editor had abruptly left the Daily Planet a couple of years ago, just after pulling out of the Mayoral race.
WHAT happened to Perry? What did Tempus do to Perry? Did he tell him that Clark had been lying to him? Did he threaten Alice? Did he turn Jerry into a criminal and blackmail Perry with the information? Please make sure you let us know before the end. clap I could just picture Clark correcting her, by reminding her that it was the Earth that went around the Sun, not vice-versa, so shoving the sun wouldn't speed along time.

So, Lois feels the soul mate bond before Clark. He's suspicious of his being drawn to Lois, because of Lana. He feels it too, but he thinks it's because he can't father children, and Lois already has one without a father, so he'd be able to be father for Diddi. It's interesting that he's allowing himself this out... that they could be just friends... despite knowing that he's attracted to her.

VirginiaR.
"On the long road, take small steps." -- Jor-el, "The Foundling"
---
"clearly there is a lack of understanding between those two... he speaks Lunkheadanian and she Stubbornanian" -- chelo.
#92891 01/19/13 02:09 PM
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Nice! He's hooked and so is she but the whole husband thing is going to stop it from progressing fast.I love the set up. Let's see where it takes us. More soon. Laura

Clark: “If we can be born in an instant, and die in an instant, why can’t we fall in love in an instant?”

Caroline's "Stardust"
#92892 01/19/13 02:34 PM
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Virginia,

I'm the one that suggested the possibility that Lois was married - in name only. I don't think that Corrina has confirmed or denied that speculation to this point. peep

Herb replied, “My boy, I never say … impossible.” "Lois and Clarks"

My stories can be found here

kj
#92893 01/19/13 02:53 PM
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Originally posted by KenJ:
Virginia,

I'm the one that suggested the possibility that Lois was married - in name only. I don't think that Corrina has confirmed or denied that speculation to this point. peep
No, she hasn't Ken, but I agree with you. I cannot imagine Lois getting herself into a real marriage with any man who ordered her around like this husband does, nor could I see her marrying a man, who refused to be Diddi's father, unless she knew going in that it was in name only and could be annulled at any time. While it is true, Lois is attracted to power, her references (even in her thoughts) to her husband have not been loving in nature, while her thoughts for Kent have been. But, as we well know, I've been wrong before. laugh

VirginiaR.
"On the long road, take small steps." -- Jor-el, "The Foundling"
---
"clearly there is a lack of understanding between those two... he speaks Lunkheadanian and she Stubbornanian" -- chelo.
#92894 01/19/13 04:02 PM
J
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
J
party Clark decided to stay.

party Clark decided he can have friends.

I have to admit I think I understand less Lois' relationship to Matymbou than I did before.

I am really surprised she has not considered how Clark will react to that.

John Pack Lambert
#92895 01/20/13 06:50 PM
Merriwether
Merriwether
Well, this was just a delightful chapter! smile1

I love how Diddi is turning out to be the person who is bringing Clark back from the brink. Certainly, it's Lois, too, but imaging a future with her right now is too much, too soon. Imaging being a friend to a little boy, however ... especially a little boy who reminds him of himself ... that is not scary at all. smile (And I'm delighted that my theory of Clark's reaction to the news that Lois is married--that it takes the pressure off him and encourages him to stay with the tribe--turned out to be correct. Yay! jump )

I also love Lois's absolute certainty that she and Kent are meant to be together. It's wonderful and uplifting and satisfying. This Lois is very different from the person she was in Metropolis. She seems so very emotionally healthy ... which makes her even more of what Clark needs in his life.

But now we need to wait a whole 'nother week to get the next chapter. C'mon time, get going. smile

Kathy

#92896 01/21/13 11:44 AM
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
I've just found this story, and I absolutely love it. Lois and Clark are definitely changed by their circumstances, but I love how you still keep them true to character. I am also impressed how you have paced the story. You have given them time to get to know one another without the intrusion of the world, but you have set believable obstacles in place (Lana's cheating and Lois' marriage) to slow the development of their relationship. You have also done a nice job of gradually explaining their circumstances to the reader without giving too much away. I look forward to seeing how Lois and Clark overcome such challenges, especially as Bangala society and perhaps the outside world intrude upon their safe haven.

"Women frustrate men because they're too complicated. Men frustrate women because they're not complicated enough."
#92897 02/02/13 05:53 PM
Kerth
OP Offline
Kerth
Time to catch up on some FDK!

Ken Gunrunners attacking the village? No comment.

Kate Thanks for the comment about Diddi behaving like Lois.

Elizabeth G'day from my side of the ditch!

I enjoy changing the set-up. I'm glad to have given you some extra reading material smile

Virginia

Re Perry - you will get his story ... but it's going to take some time.

Laura On one side we have Clark, who feels as if he's lost a child. On the other we have Lois, who has gained a child. cool

Virginia and Ken You will find out more about Lois's marriage soon (that's a relative term wink )

John This is the third day - Lois hasn't had a lot of time to work out reactions/counter reactions.

Kathy In my mind, Alt-Clark was less secure than Clark. He needs a stable, emotionally healthy Lois. Good pick-up.

QofA Welcome! Thanks for commenting. Very nice summary of the story so far.

Thanks to everyone for reading and leaving FDK.

Corrina.

#92898 03/20/13 05:59 PM
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
"Kent," she said, pointing her finger at him. "You do know it's possible to die of curiosity, don't you? And I'm particularly susceptible to attacks of extreme nosiness."

jajaja!!! me fascina la espontaneidad, coquetería y confianza que creas en la personalidad de Lois laugh

Clark: "So what are you saying? I should go crawling back on my hands and knees?"
Martha: "No, honey. Fly back. It's faster!!"
#92899 04/14/13 12:24 PM
Kerth
OP Offline
Kerth
From google translate ...

lol! I love spontaneity, coquetry and confidence to believe in the personality of Lois.

I think the fun in fanfic is putting known characters in different situations and still managing to make them true to the original. I'm glad you like this version of Lois.

Thanks for the comment, chelo.

Corrina.

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard