Lois & Clark Fanfic Message Boards
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 4 of 4 1 2 3 4
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
mrsMxyzptlk: I'm glad you are enjoying this story. smile1 Thank you for reading.
One of the things I like about this story is that the narrator calls Clark/Superman "Superman" when he's Superman. A lot of LnC fanfic I've read has the narrator refer to him as "Clark" no matter what he's wearing, even when all the other characters in the scene think he's only Superman. It gets really confusing having Lois and Inspector Henderson and whoever talking to "Clark" and then finding out halfway through the scene that he's in a cape, and they're talking to Superman.
Yes, I find that a bit confusing too. The way it has been explained to me (by other writers) is that if it's Clark's POV, why would he be thinking of himself as "Superman"? This makes sense to a point, but I counter that argument by saying that if he's thinking about himself as being "Clark" while he's in the Super Suit isn't he more likely to act like Clark? He needs to think of himself as Superman while in uniform to keep the two personas separate, and why canon Clark has a tendency to refer to his other persona in the third person. I do have an upcoming scene where Clark in the Super suit thinks of himself as "Clark" but there's a reason behind this, but due to spoilage laws I cannot go into any more detail. cool

All in all, this is an enjoyable story to read, not only because of the engaging plot, but also because the writing is clear. I always know who is speaking, I always know whether Clark or Superman is in the scene, and I'm not tripping over bad grammar.
Thank you. Always good to hear. thumbsup and a good one at that.

VirginiaR.
"On the long road, take small steps." -- Jor-el, "The Foundling"
---
"clearly there is a lack of understanding between those two... he speaks Lunkheadanian and she Stubbornanian" -- chelo.
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Originally posted by John Lambert:
Well, technically he has told her about the other dimension, just in a tone where she did not actually believe him.

I guess in theory once you have a world with Superman, inter-dimensional travel should not seem too difficult. So maybe he could tell her about it and get her to believe it.

However I don't think he expects her to accept the curse ever, so I really don't see him pursuing that angle. I mean, in canon they only accept the curse because Wells has proof, and I think that is largely Lois fueling the skepticism. I figure that is why alt-Clark accepts Wells word for the situation here.
Aliens actually exist, that has been proven to Lois. He's flying through the sky, and hard to miss at that. Alternative dimensions, curses, and time-travel have not yet been proven and remain unbelievable at first to Lois, even when she experienced them in "Tempus Fugitive" and "Tempus, Anyone?". Without Clark explaining first that CK=SM, why would she believe those other things (since he can't readily prove any of them as he can about his alternative persona) and not just think Clark is nutso, handing him over to as the first patient in Luthor's House for the Mentally Unstable? wink If he tells her his Superman secret first, then those other out-of-the-world things become more believable.

LOIS: Clark's an alien from another planet, but that other planet is in another dimension, and not this one, that makes sense. So, we don't have to worry about other non-friendly aliens coming and invading our planet. Phew.

CLARK: wallbash

VirginiaR.
"On the long road, take small steps." -- Jor-el, "The Foundling"
---
"clearly there is a lack of understanding between those two... he speaks Lunkheadanian and she Stubbornanian" -- chelo.
Page 4 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard