Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4
J
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
J
Clark flew over to the nearest naval ship and hovered just off the bridge until the Commander, a Captain, and an Admiral, who were observing the tests, acknowledged him.
The three men exchanged glances, conceding that none of them had any idea to what he was referring. Clark sensed another long day ahead.
If I read the first passage right, Superman encounters two men on the bridge. One is a captain who is the commander of the vessel, and the other is an admiral. The second passage at least makes it sound like three men besides Superman are exchanging glances. I am pretty sure you either want to reword the people on the bridge, or reduce it to two men exchanging glances.

I do have to say I did enjoy the interchange though.

“Partner,” she added, wrapping her arm around him. “So, no tidal wave?”
Clark:I should give myself more excuses if it gets Lois to touch me like this.

Apparently, she was right about Superman giving the exclusive to the partner who didn’t break his order, commanding her to stay to higher ground.
I have to say "stay to higher ground" seems a bit odd. I guess it works though, and maybe it is the best phrasing. I would have said "stay on higher ground", but maybe this form works better. I don't know.

If Superman thought that was the way to get her to obey, he was in for a rude awakening.
Considering he thinks if he had worded the instruction more as a command she would have listened, I think she is right that Superman still does not come close to understandign Lois.

“FBI, probably,” Clark corrected. “Domestic terrorism and all.”
Also, I am not sure MPD jurisdiction would cover that far out at sea.

“Lois, if we go back your place, we’ll never make the deadline for the afternoon edition,” he cautioned,
I am pretty sure this should be "back to your place".

“Right. Deadline,” Lois repeated. “How about your place?”

He laughed. “Well, at least there’s food at my apartment.”
Lois:And it also has a lava lamp.

Clark:None of that now.

Lois:So we can do it later.

Clark:That is not what I said.

John Pack Lambert
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Michael: I believe I'm almost caught up. hyper
It seemed a bit like overkill, since Rourke had already planned to wash away the docks with his tidal wave.

ER: Well, looking back, it does appear to have been the prudent choice. Still failed, though.
Or it could've not been set up by Rourke at all. [Linked Image]

We’ve had that with one of our representatives last year. Guy offered to help get laws passed in exchange for money. And when it turned out that the lobbyist offering money where journalists doing a sting, then so was he. The really sad part is, no one knows if he’s stupid *and* greedy or just stupid. In the end, he got several years of prison time. Probably would have gotten off cheaper had he tried to do a bank job.
clap

I thought he had a functional problem there.
He's thinking cuddle and talk. She's thinking something else.

Tasty food, comfy bed, hot shower, firm naked muscles, lack of sleep, and her clothes.

<<ER thinks Lois might be onto something...>>
CLARK: So, the DP then?

LOIS: wallbash

Maybe ‘professional solicitation’?
Slime she needed to wipe off her shoe?

Now now. Isn’t that a tad paranoid?
Or she could finally be seeing the light?

LOIS: “I would love to day you, Lexy-bunny. Maybe you could take me in Milan?”
Yes, let's see how far your money will take me, is quite the rejection... although she doesn't want to end up visiting the manor house.

Oh boy. Does that mean he’ll have her chloroformed for the wedding ceremony?
Wedding? Who's getting married?

LOIS: Not me! Well, not anytime soon. And not to that rich guy. And nobody else has asked. Actually he never asked either. So, definitely not me!

VirginiaR.
"On the long road, take small steps." -- Jor-el, "The Foundling"
---
"clearly there is a lack of understanding between those two... he speaks Lunkheadanian and she Stubbornanian" -- chelo.
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Originally posted by John Lambert:
I just noticed that there appears to be one too many uses of "on" in this sentance.
Thanks. Fixed.

Clark flew over to the nearest naval ship and hovered just off the bridge until the Commander, a Captain, and an Admiral, who were observing the tests, acknowledged him.
The three men exchanged glances, conceding that none of them had any idea to what he was referring. Clark sensed another long day ahead.

JOHN: If I read the first passage right, Superman encounters two men on the bridge. One is a captain who is the commander of the vessel, and the other is an admiral. The second passage at least makes it sound like three men besides Superman are exchanging glances. I am pretty sure you either want to reword the people on the bridge, or reduce it to two men exchanging glances.
Commander is also a rank in the navy. I changed it to "the Commander, the Captain, and the Admiral..."

I do have to say I did enjoy the interchange though.
Thanks. laugh

Clark:I should give myself more excuses if it gets Lois to touch me like this.
Right now the difficulty isn't getting Lois to touch him, but getting her to stop.

I have to say "stay to higher ground" seems a bit odd. I guess it works though, and maybe it is the best phrasing. I would have said "stay on higher ground", but maybe this form works better. I don't know.
I think either works, but "on higher ground" is the normal way of saying that phrase.

Considering he thinks if he had worded the instruction more as a command she would have listened, I think she is right that Superman still does not come close to understandign Lois.
CLARK: I knew I shouldn't have left that Handbook that other Clark gave me back in alt-dimension.

Also, I am not sure MPD jurisdiction would cover that far out at sea.
Good point.

I am pretty sure this should be "back to your place".
Fixed. Thanks.

Lois:And it also has a lava lamp.

Clark:None of that now.

Lois:So we can do it later.

Clark:That is not what I said.
Technically, Clark *did* give her a lava lamp for her birthday, so she has one too.

VirginiaR.
---
"clearly there is a lack of understanding between those two... he speaks Lunkheadanian and she Stubbornanian" -- chelo.
J
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
J
He does know just how much of a two-way street this is, doesn’t he?
But what if out of his love, he has been blinded by her true nature and he tells her he's SM and she goes and tells Lex? There's no taking that back. I mean, it's not like he's been blinded by from a woman's true nature before, he's just trying not to have it happen again.
I have to say that I agree that Clark should at least consider the issue of who Lois might tell. I think he is a bit too worried about this, but I guess I also know that Lois can not stand Lex at all, something that he does not know. Also, it is not like Clark has actually not told Lois anything because of this. His not telling Lois is a result of there not being a good time, not because of fear she will run to Luthor.

I think it would be unrealistic if he at least did not weigh this issue. Luthor even getting a hint that CK=SM would be really, really, really bad.

John Pack Lambert
Boards Chief Administrator
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Online Content
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
I believe I'm almost caught up.
Completely, actually wave Michael

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, our favorite show, life, and more! (It’s almost like the IRC days of old again!)

I go by Michael on the Archives.
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
I think it would be unrealistic if he at least did not weigh this issue. Luthor even getting a hint that CK=SM would be really, really, really bad.
Which is why it is something he considers.

VirginiaR.
---
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Originally posted by Darth Michael:
Completely, actually <<yea!>>
Ooops. Not anymore.

Didn’t pay the hooker and her pimp tried to teach the congressman a lesson?
Not to my recollection.

He could always keep track of her and flash-fry Lex should Lois tell him?
On a scale of Evil Dude (1) to Superman (10), I think alt-Clark currently rates an 8 (all that lying and stuff), but flash-frying Lex would make him drop under 5, which wouldn't be good for "Hey, I'm the good guy" image.

Naughty!
LOIS: [Linked Image]

She took that well. Huh, why’s she tying Lex to a four-poster bed…?
LOIS: oh, just a little pin a rat on the donkey... or was that pin the donkey on the rat?

Uh-huh. All in the name of making her smell less like a doggy treat.
huh

EW: Slime she needed to wipe off her shoe?

ER: Maybe she should stop inserting her 200 bucks shoes into Ralph?
No, sorry. The slime in this instance was Lex.

ER: Now now. Isn’t that a tad paranoid?

EW: Or she could finally be seeing the light?

ER: You think?
Nah!

So, it will be like in ye olden days when the groom pays fifty oxen for the bride to her father?
SAM: Uh... okay... But, Clark, why are you bringing oxen again?

CLARK: <<shrugs adorably>> I don't know. Lois said you needed them.

SAM: Okay.

LEX: I've got a hundred oxen!

SAM: I don't want oxen!

LOIS: :rolleyes: Men!

VirginiaR.
---
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Online Content
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
On a scale of Evil Dude (1) to Superman (10), I think alt-Clark currently rates an 8 (all that lying and stuff), but flash-frying Lex would make him drop under 5, which wouldn't be good for "Hey, I'm the good guy" image.
BATMAN: Let me check that again…

LOIS: oh, just a little pin a rat on the donkey... or was that pin the donkey on the rat?
wave Michael

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, our favorite show, life, and more! (It’s almost like the IRC days of old again!)

Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
I thought Batman doesn't kill people, either. I just watched 'Batman Beyond' and he freaked out and gave up being Batman because he almost shot a guy who was trying to kill him.

LOIS: What? It’s not like I don’t have a right to be desperate by now.
I'm sorry, why is Lois desperate when Lois took her joke about the 50 oxen seriously?

VirginiaR.
---
J
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
J
I thought Batman doesn't kill people, either. I just watched 'Batman Beyond' and he freaked out and gave up being Batman because he almost shot a guy who was trying to kill him.
Your right. In one SM/BM cross-over comic, Batman convinces SM not to kill someone who claims that killing him is the only way to save Lois Lane from dieing. Fortunantly it was a lie, and Lois was saved another way. It still was one of the road-blocks in their relationship, that Clark chose sticking to his principals over saving Lois.

John Pack Lambert
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Online Content
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
quote:Originally posted by Darth Michael:

I thought Batman doesn't kill people, either.
Huh… No idea. I only remember how a lot of the violent criminals ended up in a freezer in the Batman movies.

quote: LOIS: What? It’s not like I don’t have a right to be desperate by now.

I'm sorry, why is Lois desperate when Lois took her joke about the 50 oxen seriously?
By preferring he just pay her father her weight 250x in oxen and marrying her rather than continuing this dance of won’t they or won’t they.

wave Michael

Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Your right. In one SM/BM cross-over comic, Batman convinces SM not to kill someone who claims that killing him is the only way to save Lois Lane from dieing. Fortunantly it was a lie, and Lois was saved another way. It still was one of the road-blocks in their relationship, that Clark chose sticking to his principals over saving Lois.
What? Superman TOLD her what he did?

LOIS: See. Lunkhead.

VirginiaR.
---
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Huh… No idea. I only remember how a lot of the violent criminals ended up in a freezer in the Batman movies.
BATMAN: They could've opened the door and escaped with their lives. It was their decision to die, not mine to kill them.

This quote was taking into consideration that I don't remember this happening in a Batman move and therefore cannot remember the context.

And if I remember correctly doesn't Batman kill himself at some point, so I guess he does kill people, doesn't he? wink

Also, it could be argued Ghost Clark's sacrifice at the end of "Another Lois" was a bit of killing himself, so I guess Superman does kill people too.

LOIS: What? It’s not like I don’t have a right to be desperate by now.

EW: I'm sorry, why is Lois desperate when Lois <<This was supposed to be Clark, sorry>> took her joke about the 50 oxen seriously?

ER: By preferring he just pay her father her weight 250x in oxen and marrying her rather than continuing this dance of won’t they or won’t they.
LOIS: Well, how was I supposed to know he was Superman and could accomplish that?

VirginiaR.
---
J
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
J
But if I understood the end of "Another Lois" Ghost Clark really ahd no control over the re-set. That was caused by the actions of H. G. Wells.

John Pack Lambert
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Online Content
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
This quote was taking into consideration that I don't remember this happening in a Batman move and therefore cannot remember the context.
Freezer as in morgue. There’s the Nicholson-Joker. The Penguin. Harvey Dent. His ex-girlfriend he let die by saving Harvey Dent. Didn’t his current girlfriend also die in the last movie? Not sure how many of the goons bit the dust.

LOIS: Well, how was I supposed to know he was Superman and could accomplish that?
Oh. My bad.

wave Michael

Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
But if I understood the end of "Another Lois" Ghost Clark really ahd no control over the re-set. That was caused by the actions of H. G. Wells.
GHOST CLARK: What! shock I didn't have to give up my soul rights to Lois?! wallbash Stupid lunkhead!

VirginiaR.
---
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Freezer as in morgue. There’s the Nicholson-Joker. The Penguin. Harvey Dent. His ex-girlfriend he let die by saving Harvey Dent. Didn’t his current girlfriend also die in the last movie? Not sure how many of the goons bit the dust.
BATMAN: I deny having to have anything to do with their deaths. Just because I might have hit some of them with my flying bat-stars, so doesn't mean that I'm guilty of their murder should they die of a staph infection received by improper care at the hospital.

VirginiaR.
---
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Online Content
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
BATMAN: I deny having to have anything to do with their deaths. Just because I might have hit some of them with my flying bat-stars, so doesn't mean that I'm guilty of their murder should they die of a staph infection received by improper care at the hospital.
wave Michael

M
Columnist
Columnist
M
One of the things I like about this story is that the narrator calls Clark/Superman "Superman" when he's Superman. A lot of LnC fanfic I've read has the narrator refer to him as "Clark" no matter what he's wearing, even when all the other characters in the scene think he's only Superman. It gets really confusing having Lois and Inspector Henderson and whoever talking to "Clark" and then finding out halfway through the scene that he's in a cape, and they're talking to Superman.

All in all, this is an enjoyable story to read, not only because of the engaging plot, but also because the writing is clear. I always know who is speaking, I always know whether Clark or Superman is in the scene, and I'm not tripping over bad grammar.

Plot-wise, I'm frustrated at what an idiot Clark is about Lois, but that's totally in character for him. I also get the feeling that the soul-mate curse wouldn't apply to this Clark with this Lois, but I can see that Clark wouldn't want to take that chance. Usually I hate the curse plot-line, but here it works since we've already got Lois dealing (albeit unknowingly) with the repercussions of losing her true soul-mate and falling for a pseudo-soul-mate.

To really clear the air between them, Clark of course has to tell her that CK=SM and that he's from another dimension. He entertains the idea of telling her CK=SM without telling her the other, but I've been wondering what would happen if he told her that he's actually from another dimension without telling her about Superman. Would she believe him? It might clear up her questions about his past, and he could tell her about H.G. Wells, and even the curse, which would explain his recent behavior. In the long run, though, I'm not sure that that would do much good without telling her everything, since I don't think they can have a real, solid relationship without her knowing both secrets. Which makes me wonder whether telling her he's Superman without telling her about the other dimension is worthwhile.

Whew! I'm glad I finally found these boards and got signed up. It's nice to be able to respond and rant about a story I'm reading, rather than just keeping it all pent up inside. :-)

"It is a remarkable dichotomy. In many ways, Clark is the most human of us all. Then...he shoots fire from the skies, and it is difficult not to think of him as a god. And how fortunate we all are that it does not occur to him." -Batman (in Superman/Batman #3 by Jeph Loeb)
J
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
J
Originally posted by mrsMxyzptlk:
One of the things I like about this story is that the narrator calls Clark/Superman "Superman" when he's Superman. A lot of LnC fanfic I've read has the narrator refer to him as "Clark" no matter what he's wearing, even when all the other characters in the scene think he's only Superman. It gets really confusing having Lois and Inspector Henderson and whoever talking to "Clark" and then finding out halfway through the scene that he's in a cape, and they're talking to Superman.

All in all, this is an enjoyable story to read, not only because of the engaging plot, but also because the writing is clear. I always know who is speaking, I always know whether Clark or Superman is in the scene, and I'm not tripping over bad grammar.

Plot-wise, I'm frustrated at what an idiot Clark is about Lois, but that's totally in character for him. I also get the feeling that the soul-mate curse wouldn't apply to this Clark with this Lois, but I can see that Clark wouldn't want to take that chance. Usually I hate the curse plot-line, but here it works since we've already got Lois dealing (albeit unknowingly) with the repercussions of losing her true soul-mate and falling for a pseudo-soul-mate.

To really clear the air between them, Clark of course has to tell her that CK=SM and that he's from another dimension. He entertains the idea of telling her CK=SM without telling her the other, but I've been wondering what would happen if he told her that he's actually from another dimension without telling her about Superman. Would she believe him? It might clear up her questions about his past, and he could tell her about H.G. Wells, and even the curse, which would explain his recent behavior. In the long run, though, I'm not sure that that would do much good without telling her everything, since I don't think they can have a real, solid relationship without her knowing both secrets. Which makes me wonder whether telling her he's Superman without telling her about the other dimension is worthwhile.

Whew! I'm glad I finally found these boards and got signed up. It's nice to be able to respond and rant about a story I'm reading, rather than just keeping it all pent up inside. :-)
Well, technically he has told her about the other dimension, jsut in a tone where she did not actually believe him.

I guess in theory once you have a world with Superman, inter-dimensional travel should not seem too difficult. So maybe he could tell her about it and get her to believe it.

However I don't think he expects her to accpet the curse ever, so I really don't see him pursuing that angle. I mean, in canon they only accept the curse because Wells has proof, and I think that is largely Lois fueling the skepticism. I figure that is why alt-Clark accepts Wells word for the situation here.

John Pack Lambert
Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard