Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#92672 01/08/13 07:46 PM
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Wrong Place, Wrong Time, Wrong Clark TOC can be found Here

That ending line from 76 doesn't carry as much weight when read within the whole scene. Sorry about the hatchet job on breaking up the parts. I'll try to cut off at the end of scenes from now on (whenever possible). evil

I know I posted early again, but it was ready to go.

Comments?

Last edited by VirginiaR; 05/16/14 12:41 PM. Reason: Added Link

VirginiaR.
"On the long road, take small steps." -- Jor-el, "The Foundling"
---
"clearly there is a lack of understanding between those two... he speaks Lunkheadanian and she Stubbornanian" -- chelo.
S
Merriwether
Merriwether
S
I'm glad Lois found out more details about Lana and Clark's engagement.

Joan

J
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
J
Clark’s eyes widened in shock. “No!” he adamantly denied, taking a step back. “No. No, I’m not. I’ve had sex, Lois.”

“Have you?” she asked again. His protests seemed a bit strong.
I guess not all "protesting to much" incidents reveal what we might infer.

Lois: Exactly. Just because I constantly point out how I have no desire to touch Clark in very intimate ways, does not mean I have a desire to do so.

Lois’s jaw hung open. Well, that explained a lot.
Except, not at all what she thinks it does.

She felt torn. She wanted to pull Clark into her arms and hold him, reassuring him that he had escaped that horrible woman and that part of his life was now over.
smile1 she wants to hold Clark and confort him.

and was the reason that Lois and Clark were stuck in the “just friends” zone…
Hmm, Clark might need to correct her of this misnomer soon.

Yet, underneath all that anger, there were also coals of fury, fury at Clark. When Lois had been drugged on Revenge, he had kept telling her that they couldn’t make love, because of her. He had blamed her, because she had been drugged, when all along it had been he, who had the problem, not her. Him! Even before that, when her arm was in the sling and she had asked him to make love to her, he had said ‘no’. She needed time to heal, he had said, both physically and emotionally. Her!
And again, Lois thinks Clark lied, when he mostly told the truth.

Lois: So he did lie.

Clark: Well, it was not the lie you thought.

Lois: So there was a lie.

Clark: OK, there were other issues I did not tell you. However it was not at all my feeling Lana induced fear.

Lois knew she was being petty and nitpicking at Clark’s gentlemanly behavior;
She admits she thinks Clark did the right thing, even if she wishes he had not. smile1

He was a bit surprised that he had told her so much and how easy it had been.
smile1 now he is more likely to tell her more.

Logically, Clark knew that this Lois wasn’t that Lois, being that the first Lois he had met was still living her happily ever after with her Clark in their dimension.
On one level he is just plain wrong, and this Lois is that Lois. On another level, she is becoming more like that Lois by her exposure to Clark.

Clark was amazed at how much lighter this weight on his chest felt, now that he had told Lois the truth about Lana.
This is a very good realization.

Lois went for a walk. I told her something I probably should’ve told her long ago and…” His voice faded. Why was he telling Cat this?

“Finally! How’d she take the news?”
Of course it is something that Cat knows nothing about.

“Celebrating?” he echoed, instinctively wrapping his arms around her waist.
smile1 they are touching.

she said and pressed her lips to his.
party more kissing.

John Pack Lambert
J
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
J
“We should really watch that tape,” Clark murmured between kisses.
Clark seems to be playing with fire.

Clark: Well, obviously kissing Lois won't kill her.

He knew he was an idiot. He should tell Lois that they couldn’t be more than friends, that the intimacy she wanted from him just wasn’t possible, but despite having the best motivation in the world, he didn’t have the willpower to deny Lois anything she wanted from him at the moment... well, almost anything. He had craved her affection for so long that to have it finally so willingly thrust upon him was like offering water to man coming off a trek in the hot desert sun.
This makes total sense.

“Come here,” Clark said, spinning her around and starting to rub her shoulders, neck, and spine again.
smile1 more touching.

or until Herb gave him the green light.
Somehow I don't see Herb doing that, ever.

She held up her hand to stop him. “Is my safety upmost in your mind because you think Superman would kill you if anything ever happened to me?”
He should tell her the truth here.

Again, she stopped him; this time by placing her fingers over his mouth. She replaced her fingers with her lips in a soft kiss. “And if we were to make love?” she whispered, her arms wrapping around his neck as she leaned against his chest. “Would he kill you then?”
Clark: Of course not, he would enjoy it a lot.

“I know. You mentioned that. This is purely hypothetical,” she said, cupping his jaw and bringing his focus back to hers. “Does he love me so much that the thought of me being physically intimate with you, would cause him to forget his morals, lose his sense of right and wrong, and allow him the justification to hurt or kill you?”
He so should tell Lois the truth.

What exactly did she think his problem was? Did she think that he was… what? Impotent? Clark blushed. He knew he should correct this error in her reasoning but, from a certain point of view, she was correct. His fear for her life made him physically unable to consummate their relationship. “Lois, believe me, if I could make love to you, I would.”
He is not going to be able to keep up this obfustication much longer.

Her eyes widened in panic. “It's not that I’m rejecting you, Chuck, because of this;
smile1 she isn't rejecting him.

Not tonight, and maybe not tomorrow, but soon Lois planned to start working on solving his ‘difficulty’. He didn’t know if it would turn out to be heaven or hell.
He should just tell her the truth so he never has to gifure out what will happen when Lois puts her full mind to trying to decipher it.

John Pack Lambert
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Joan: Thank you for the comment. Actually, I was thinking of you recently. Next up on our Netflix queue is "Lost in Space" S1.Disc 1. laugh

I'm glad Lois found out more details about Lana and Clark's engagement.
They weren't easy details to say or learn. Maybe it will give her some understanding on why he's be reticent about talking about his past.

VirginiaR.
---
"clearly there is a lack of understanding between those two... he speaks Lunkheadanian and she Stubbornanian" -- chelo.
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
John: Thanks for the FDK. Hmmmm. I guess the Cat scene wasn't to your liking. wink

I guess not all "protesting to much" incidents reveal what we might infer.
Yes, that's the problem with "protesting too much". Sometimes, we protest TOO much because we're trying to be emphatic, not cover up the truth.

Lois: Exactly. Just because I constantly point out how I have no desire to touch Clark in very intimate ways, does not mean I have a desire to do so.
It doesn't sound like she's protesting her desire too much anymore, though, does it?

Except, not at all what she thinks it does.
It will become more clear in time.

she wants to hold Clark and confort him.
She thinks they are on the same page relationship-wise.

Hmm, Clark might need to correct her of this misnomer soon.
Doesn't mean that Lois will heed it either.

And again, Lois thinks Clark lied, when he mostly told the truth.

Lois: So he did lie.

Clark: Well, it was not the lie you thought.

Lois: So there was a lie.

Clark: OK, there were other issues I did not tell you. However it was not at all my feeling Lana induced fear.
LOIS: Who's Lana?

now he is more likely to tell her more.
No comment.

On one level he is just plain wrong, and this Lois is that Lois. On another level, she is becoming more like that Lois by her exposure to Clark.
On, yet, a third level, IS she still the same Lois, being that her life experiences are different from canon Lois?

This is a very good realization.
Maybe it was missing that Chilie Cheese dog he ususally ate for lunch. Oh, wait, that's Lois; Clark doesn't eat that stuff. Never mind. wink

Of course it is something that Cat knows nothing about.
Yes, but she thought he FINALLY told Lois the truth.

Clark seems to be playing with fire.

Clark: Well, obviously kissing Lois won't kill her.
Yes, but that's his theory, and he's sticking with it.

This makes total sense.
smile1

Somehow I don't see Herb doing that, ever.
So, Clark should just give up hope?

He should tell her the truth here.
What do you think he's trying to say, when she keeps shushing him?

Clark: Of course not, he would enjoy it a lot.
Well, he might if Lois were to die because of it.

He so should tell Lois the truth.
He tried.

He is not going to be able to keep up this obfustication much longer.
Hmmmm.

she isn't rejecting him.
Well, that's a good thing, right? Because it means she likes him more than physically.

He should just tell her the truth so he never has to figure out what will happen when Lois puts her full mind to trying to decipher it.
CLARK: Well, that sounds like a good plan. Now, to find the perfect time and place for the least amount of interruption. How about Jimmy's apartment?

VirginiaR.
---
S
Merriwether
Merriwether
S
We'll have to chat about those!

Joan

Originally posted by VirginiaR:
[QB] Joan: Thank you for the comment. Actually, I was thinking of you recently. Next up on our Netflix queue is "Lost in Space" S1.Disc 1. laugh

Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Originally posted by scifiJoan:
We'll have to chat about those!

Joan
I'll let you know what my son thinks of them, once we've had a chance to watch it. Right now, I have to convince him to return Scooby Doo. laugh

VirginiaR.
---
C
Top Banana
Top Banana
C
I just wanted to let you know towpath I'm still reading this story, just a little behind schedule on the commenting/commentary. A certain little on is One today and the party preparatb has been taking precedence this week.

CLARK: No. I'm just worried I'm a jinx.
JONATHAN: A jinx?
CLARK: Yeah. Let's face it, ever since she's known me, Lois's been kidnapped, frozen, pushed off buildings, almost stabbed, poisoned, buried alive and who knows what else, and it's all because of me.
-"Contact" (You're not her jinx, you're her blessing.)
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Christina: No requirement for my readers to post FDK for every part. Although it is always appreciated. laugh

A certain little on is One today and the party preparatb has been taking precedence this week.
Congratulations (belatedly)! party I hope the party was a grand success. Toddlers are twice the work of babies and sleep half as often (napwise). Good luck in the coming years.

VirginiaR.
---
Boards Chief Administrator
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Clark’s eyes widened in shock. “No!” he adamantly denied, taking a step back. “No. No, I’m not. I’ve had sex, Lois.”
LOIS: mad “With *whom*?” /I’m going to *kill* that office harlot./

“Yes!” Clark said exasperatingly. “My fiancée and I had sex, just not often, but…”
Also, there was that bit of hide-the-Kal-El with his childhood friend back in the day.

On an unrelated subject and since it was brought up in later FDK. He could always claim that his fiancée was back home. /points at sky/ He doesn’t *have* to tell Lois he arrived here as a baby. Actually, a lot of his story would be much more believable if he told her he arrived just shortly before Superman made his official debut.

“But… it wasn’t very good,” he said, squeezing his eyes shut and turning away.
Translation: He’s got nothing to be proud of.

“I know that it was partly my fault, and partly hers. She never relaxed. No matter how hard I tried to make it tender and intimate, the joining of two hearts, she never tried to enjoy it.
Does sound like a lot of the women Lex has brought to him.

She just wanted it over with. Eventually I gave up trying, but she never did.
Just like the women Lex has brought to him. They keep saying they’d prefer a donkey, but then they keep coming back for more. Until he has no other choice but to shoot them with a bolt.

Offering me sex became her way to control me, reward me,” he scoffed. “It ended up doing the opposite. The more she offered it to me, the less I wanted it.”
razz Also, probably because she was offering it to half the city, too.

Lois’s jaw hung open. Well, that explained a lot.
He doesn’t like women who act like wanton harem girls. No wonder he ran from her when she was high.

If that woman had broken Clark, and was the reason that Lois and Clark were stuck in the “just friends” zone…
laugh

When Lois had been drugged on Revenge, he had kept telling her that they couldn’t make love, because of her. He had blamed her, because she had been drugged, when all along it had been he, who had the problem, not her. Him!
laugh She really *did* want him to take her while she was drugged. Poor dear. So hard up.

It wasn’t his fault that he had a problem, just as it hadn’t been her fault that she had been drugged by Revenge or shot.
Actually, those last two bits, they where *her* fault. She was there when the revenge and the lead where flying low. She could have stayed home those days.

“Clark! I’m going down to the lobby. I need to get something from the store,” she lied.
Protection?

She didn’t explode into anger like she usually did, so he was able to tell his side of the story, more or less, without them breaking into an argument.
She’s too mad to explode. It’s more of a slow burn that will tear him apart when it finally blows.

but the lack of anger at him was a trait he would be more than happy to have his Lois develop.
Maybe if he stopped acting like a scoun all the time?

Theatrics so the Chief doesn’t know you’re intimate with his little girl?”
Cat!

“Really, Clark? You two have been locked in a hotel room for two days, and you still haven’t been able to close the deal?” she berated him. “I’m beginning to doubt that you’re really…”
…a super man?

“Yeah, I hate it when people do that,” she agreed. “And you still couldn’t see anything? You can tell me, even if you can’t tell her.”

“Nope. It’s an old building. The shutters were lead lined to help keep out radiation from…”
Isn’t that just as dangerous as Cat mentioning the word ‘super’?

He rolled his eyes. What? A nuclear blast? “Who knows what? Anyway, about six layers under that fresh coat of paint is a layer of old lead paint.
Actually, that was just a manufacturing thing back in the day. Problem doesn’t mean a thing to Clark, what with his universe having had that Re-Earth movement before the air started to become lead-saturated in the mid-nineties.

– breaking and entering,” he said, before moaning, “Oh, Lois.”

“Is she back?” Cat whispered. “What is she doing to you, Clarkie?”
Eating some fruit? Maybe a banana?

“No. I need some relationship advice,” she replied.
Cat Chow?

Two weeks? “Cat, are you talking about the copier repairman you met while the whole office was drugged on Revenge?”
laugh

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, our favorite show, life, and more! (It’s almost like the IRC days of old again!)

I go by Michael on the Archives.
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
There was silence on the other end of the line. Finally, Cat spoke, “Excuse me?”

“Let me put it in your language. Once a bull has visited a cow, why should he return?”
Umm… I think it’s the ‘cow’ part, our barn cat isn’t responding to, well. Maybe he should ask Lois about cow-metaphors. And when he recovers his powers and plucks the red/green watch from the place where the sun ain’t shine, he might even be able to walk straight again.

“So, how’s your cow doing?” she snapped, either not understanding his metaphor or clearly upset by it.
wave Michael

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, our favorite show, life, and more! (It’s almost like the IRC days of old again!)

Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Michael: dance Michael's back!

LOIS: <<mad>> “With *whom*?” /I’m going to *kill* that office harlot./
Since she had sex before she met Clark she can't fault him for having done the same.

LOIS: [Linked Image] I can't! mecry I can't.

Also, there was that bit of hide-the-Kal-El with his childhood friend back in the day.
Why bring others into this conversation if he doesn't have to?

On an unrelated subject and since it was brought up in later FDK. He could always claim that his fiancée was back home. /points at sky/ He doesn’t *have* to tell Lois he arrived here as a baby. Actually, a lot of his story would be much more believable if he told her he arrived just shortly before Superman made his official debut.
That was pretty much my thinking on the subject. Let her assume what she wants from vague references.

Translation: He’s got nothing to be proud of.
CLARK: That's not *quite* the official story.

ALT-LANA: [Linked Image]

ALT-RACHEL: [Linked Image]

Does sound like a lot of the women Lex has brought to him.
CLARK: Please, no. Stop. Comparing. Us. Please.

Just like the women Lex has brought to him. They keep saying they’d prefer a donkey, but then they keep coming back for more. Until he has no other choice but to shoot them with a bolt.
And here I thought you meant fighting him off.

Also, probably because she was offering it to half the city, too.
CLARK: rotflol No, she has that in her briefcase.

She’s too mad to explode. It’s more of a slow burn that will tear him apart when it finally blows.
You mean, like when she find out 'he'll make love to her later' means 'never'?

Maybe if he stopped acting like a scoun all the time?
CLARK: Nah! That couldn't be it.

…a super man?
That's the one.

Isn’t that just as dangerous as Cat mentioning the word ‘super’?
Probably. Good thing the Voyeur doesn't own the hotel or anything.

Actually, that was just a manufacturing thing back in the day. Problem doesn’t mean a thing to Clark, what with his universe having had that Re-Earth movement before the air started to become lead-saturated in the mid-nineties.
Yes, they used to manufacture paint with lead in it, but they stopped doing that I think in the 70s here. During the Re-Earth Movement in the 60s in alt-dimension. So the bottom layers of paint would have lead in them, but the newer layers painted after the laws changes, wouldn't.

Eating some fruit? Maybe a banana?
LOIS: Yeah, the gorilla gave it to me.

Cat Chow?
That's AFTER ASU.

Umm… I think it’s the ‘cow’ part, our barn cat isn’t responding to, well. Maybe he should ask Lois about cow-metaphors. And when he recovers his powers and plucks the red/green watch from the place where the sun ain’t shine, he might even be able to walk straight again.
Yep, it was the cow metaphor.

Also, still trying to give away her milk for free. Problem is, the customer doesn’t want no milk.
CLARK: I don't understand. I'm not lactose intolerant.

<<ER Goes through the stages of Shock and Awe, wondering once more why the EW didn't start this story over on the dark side>>
[Linked Image]

I’m not sure they even qualify as analogies.
CLARK: That's my description and I'm sticking with it.

So, buy a copy machine for her bedroom?
CAT: Why? Is the one I have out of date?

That should make things awkward when he asks for a threesome.
CLARK: It's more difficult than it looks.

AKA locking her in a gilded cage?
Clark doesn't cage people. That's Luthor.

So, she needs a relaxing shower with her personal back scrubber? If she can catch him.
LOIS: I wouldn't say 'no' if someone offered...

Also, isn’t that already quite specific?
Not like Lois believed him anyway.

Or, at the least, give Clark a very stern talking to.
CLARK: Okay. blush Yes. Superman gives me very stern talking to's on this subject all the time, as a matter of fact.

ER: <<undecided on how to answer that question>>
CLARK: Most definitely. If we have sex and you die, Superman would kill me, yes.

With Lex, yes.
CLARK: [Linked Image] I have no idea to what ER is referring.

Well, if the sock fits.
CLARK: Well, it's a little snug... I think it might have shrunk in the dryer.

Poor girl. I’m thinking her hard-uppediness just went up another tick or a thousand.
LOIS: wallbash

VirginiaR.
---
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Michael's back!
blush

Since she had sex before she met Clark she can't fault him for having done the same.

LOIS: <disagrees vocally> I can't! <gets a bit meeker> I can't.
There there. And you can. There *is* a double standard there. Guys are unicorn bait. Girls, well, in case of Lois Lex did offer a lot of money for services not rendered.

Why bring others into this conversation if he doesn't have to?
To be able to say “I was completely honest with you and you still got mad with me”?

quote:Translation: He’s got nothing to be proud of.

CLARK: That's not *quite* the official story.

ALT-LANA: <Lana agrees with translation after extensive studies on the subject>

ALT-RACHEL: <Poor Rachel doesn’t know any better but gives him an A+ for effort>
wave Michael

Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Originally posted by Darth Michael:
There there. And you can. There *is* a double standard there. Guys are unicorn bait. Girls, well, in case of Lois Lex did offer a lot of money for services not rendered.
I thought double standard went the other way. Guys could have a lot of ex-partners, while women were supposed to stay virginal?

LOIS: Well, I believe in women's lib.

CLARK: What's *that* supposed to mean?

LOIS: That I have to act like a man in this business.

CLARK: Um... I didn't think you were like Cat.

LOIS: <<raises brow>> Is that what you thought I mean?

CLARK: Er... no?

LOIS: <<crosses arms>>

CLARK: NO! Absolutely not! You're nothing like Cat.

LOIS: You do realize you won't be able to get out of this doghouse for a while.

CLARK: So, every time I compare you to Cat, I push back the start of our intimacy? [Linked Image]

LOIS: No, Clark. I wouldn't reward and punish you with sex.

CLARK: clap

Or maybe the customer is just plain stupid.
CLARK: I'm not stupid! Just drinking milk isn't consummation, right. Right?

No, I meant, those where actually quite literal.
Hence Clark's adamant denial.

RALPH: /raises hand/
Someone in the ROOM!

Oh boy. We already have an unfinished story out there where Clark committed suicide after Lois kind of died on his watch.
And Mouserocks's completed deathfics.

VirginiaR.
---
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
I thought double standard went the other way. Guys could have a lot of ex-partners, while women were supposed to stay virginal?
[Linked Image] yeah, but that’s been done and I believe it’s not very popular any longer.

LOIS: You do realize you won't be able to get out of this doghouse for a while.
But he’s got a bone!

CLARK: So, every time I compare you to Cat, I push back the start of our intimacy? <Has the best idea since the invention of condoms>

LOIS: No, Clark. I wouldn't reward and punish you with sex.
help

wave Michael

Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Originally posted by Darth Michael:
ER: <<blushing adorably>> yeah, but that’s been done and I believe it’s not very popular any longer.
Not particularly. At least, not with women.

But he’s got a bone!
[Linked Image]

She’s learned from Lana’s mistakes. Plus, she’s way too horny to deny herself nookie. This was hilarious!
evil I have good days. Thanks.

ER: <<re: Lana>> Well, he was out there helping half of Metropolis, why can’t she, too?

CLARK: But I didn't start doing that until AFTER you broke up with me! <<mostly>>

ER: Isn’t that what people refer to as ‘details’?
Clark was talking to alt-Lana in his statement earlier, not Lois. It is already known by the Readers of this story that Clark, on occasion, helped out the citizens of Metropolis while engaged to Lana.

CLARK: I'm not stupid! Just drinking milk isn't consummation, right. Right?

LOIS: <<mad>>
CLARK: So, ooops? laugh [Linked Image] Is she upset about the milk drinking reference or the non-consummation reference?

VirginiaR.
---
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Not particularly. At least, not with women.
Hence the alteration.

CLARK: So, ooops? [Big Grin] - Is she upset about the milk drinking reference or the non-consummation reference?
LOIS: I’ve got to pick and choose just one? mad

wave Michael

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard