Lois & Clark Fanfic Message Boards
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Columnist
OP Offline
Columnist
Hi there,

It's so long since I posted anything that I'd almost forgotten how to do this. wink

Well, what's the verdict? I don't often write Non A-ploted stories, so perhaps I should leave this sort of story to others.

Yours Jenni

Kerth
Kerth
whinging So beautiful!! whinging

Jose (who is sure that there is more where this come from wink )

"Practice up your shielding spells...and remember to duck if you see green light coming your way."

Harry Potter to Wizengamot in OotP trial

A Bad Week in the Wizengamot
T
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
T
Jenni

This is beautifully written. A lovely reflective piece! smile1

Tricia cool

Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Lovely, Jenni! So sad, but with a flicker of hope... which is then confirmed at the end. Very sweet.

PJ

"You told me you weren't like other men," she said, shaking her head at him when the storm of laughter had passed.
He grinned at her - a goofy, Clark Kent kind of a grin. "I have a gift for understatement."
"You can say that again," she told him.
"I have a...."
"Oh, shut up."

--Stardust, Caroline K
Columnist
Columnist
I have to say again that this is great! Loved it and thought it was well written.

SQD(who seconds that motion for more like this!) laugh

Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
Jenni, that was *beautiful* I'll say more later, but now I've got to make our alloted 'cheat sheet' for my art history exam.

Laura

“Rules only make sense if they are both kept and broken. Breaking the rule is one way of observing it.”
--Thomas Moore

"Keep an open mind, I always say. Drives sensible people mad, I know, but what did we ever get from sensible people? Not poetry or art or music, that's for sure."
--Charles de Lint, Someplace to Be Flying
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
It's very sweet! mecry Nice ending!

Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
Beautifully done,

And yes just the beginning of this story -- and similar ones to come from you, we hope.

Barb.

Top Banana
Top Banana
Beautifully done, Jenni! It very much reflects Clark's love for his daughter, and how much he and Lois have done so far to try and save her. And the end, showing that love is the main thing that can save her, is wonderful and full of hope. smile

Kaethel smile

- I'm your partner. I'm your friend.
- Is that what we are?
- Oh, you know what? I don't know what we are. We kiss and then we never talk about it. We nearly die frozen in each other's arms, but we never talk about it, so no, I got no clue what we are.

~ Rick Castle and Kate Beckett ~ Knockout ~
L
L Offline
Columnist
Columnist
L
Very wonderful.

YOu really captured it - that feeling. That intense love and worry.

My first child was rushed to boston children's the day of her birth. She stayed there for 3 days and then moved to the local special care unit for another 2 wks. She was sick, but not as sick as the child you have depicted, or the many other babies I saw when I held vigil at my baby's side.

I can't look at the pictures of the precious little baby, lying on her tummy, huddled into fetal position with an oxygen tube in her mouth, and tape keeping it in place... I can't look at those pictures without wanting to cry.. or without rushing over to give a *very* annoyed and super-healthy 5 yo a big hug (you can hug her, but only when she wants :-) )

Your story brought me back there, but not in a bad way - because my story has a good ending, and I'm sure this fictional child's does as well.

Silence is violence. End white supremacy based violence
J
Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
J
Beautiful!

I haven't read the Kent family series yet, but I definitely will, as soon as time allows.

Thanks for sharing that story with us.

Julia

Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Hi,

Beautiful! drool

MAF

Maria D. Ferdez.
---
Don't like Luthor, unfinished, untitled and crossover story, and people that promises and don't deliver. I'm getting choosy with age.
MAF
Features Writer
Features Writer
Jen,
glad you posted this non A plot
beautiful and sweet
merry

Columnist
OP Offline
Columnist
Hi everyone,

I want to thank you all for your very kind words. I really was unsure of this vignette and almost sent it to the trash bin. With all these kind comments, though, I'm glad I sent it here instead. wink

Thank you, Robin & Carol, for encouraging me.

If anyone who doesn't know Clara's future but is interested in finding out about it, may I point you in the direction of my Family Kent series. They're set a few years ahead and are A-plotted, longish stories, but I hope they still manage to portray the love and strength of belonging that Lois and Clark share with their family.

Sorry, blatant plug here. Hope I'm forgiven.

laugh

Yours Jenni

Top Banana
Top Banana
Sorry for such a late reply. I really love the story! I absolutely love the ending! The mood is really hopeful, and the end is so heartwarming.
thumbsup

L, I'm glad your daughter turned out okay and is now healthy. smile

Julie

Mulder: Imagine if you could come back and take out five people who had caused you to suffer. Who would they be?
Scully: I only get five?
Mulder: I remembered your birthday this year, didn't I, Scully?

(The X-Files)
Features Writer
Features Writer
Jenni - I'm posting late, still playing catch-up. This was beautiful. As others have said, a perfect reflection of Clark's all-encompassing love for his newborn daughter, and the glimmer of hope at the end.

This was a lovely addition to the Kent Family series. Thanks for not sending it to the trash bin... smile

Kathy

"Our thoughts form the universe. They always matter." - Babylon 5
Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
Very sweet, Jenni. You've always managed the tender moments in between your A-plots just beautifully, so I don't know why you worried! smile

Hazel

Lois: You know the deal.
Clark: Superman gets the guys in capes, Lois and Clark get the guys in suits.

-- Action Comics 827

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard