Print Thread
#92534 01/04/13 07:43 PM
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Wrong Place, Wrong Time, Wrong Clark TOC can be found Here

Part 75

Part 76

“No!” Lois said, stomping her foot and crossing her arms. “Absolutely not! I’m not staying in the honeymoon suite with Clark! I couldn’t possibly do that. We just got the rumors under control since Miranda sprayed us with Revenge, and now you want me to… to… to…” She waved her hand, unable to answer.

“All righty, then. If your reputation around the office is more important to you than a bribery scandal involving a Congressman, we can always put Clark up in the honeymoon suite with Cat,” Perry countered.

Clark shot the Chief a desperate plea with his eyes. Please, no! He loved Cat; really, he did, like a best friend, or a sister, a really screwed up sister, whom he loved like a friend. He didn’t want to spend five unchaperoned minutes holed up with her in the honeymoon suite, let alone three days. Cat was fun, loads of fun. He still didn’t want to be locked in a bedroom with her. He was coming off two days of Lois, on pheromones, chasing him around. Cat was like that normally, on a good day. On a bad day, she spent forty-eight hours in the copy room with the copier repairman. Clark had rotten luck. He’d end up with one of Cat’s bad days.

Perry smiled.

Cat began to rock back and forth with a big grin on her face. She loved winning over Lois too much. Glancing over at Clark, Cat must have seen his panicked expression because her smile dimmed slightly. Had he once again jumped to the wrong conclusions about her? He softened his expression to an apology.

“I have no problems with that,” Cat announced, pressing her lips together as she focused her eyes on Clark to relay that she too could be professional.

“I’ll go,” Jimmy volunteered, holding up his hand.

Cat looked at him and rolled her eyes.

“I’m sorry, Jimmy, but I’m not marrying you,” Lois said, shooting him a ‘get real’ look. Her eyes widened, and she pointed a finger at Clark. “Did you tell him about my nightmare?”

Clark raised his hands in surrender. “What night…? Oh. No. No! I’d never talk about you behind your back, Lois.”

Cat moved away from the storyboard to drape herself on Clark’s shoulder, murmuring only loud enough for him to hear, “Yes, you do. All the time.”

Jimmy’s face seemed drawn. “Nightmare?”

“So, Lois, are you going to let Cat and Kent here take lead on this story?” Perry asked, and Clark exhaled with relief, realizing the Chief’s plan.

“How would that look?” Lois exclaimed, raising her chin. “No, I can’t let you do that to Clark. It would ruin his reputation, spending three days in the honeymoon suite with… with… her!”

“Actually, honey, it wouldn’t ruin his reputation, more like solidify it,” Cat clarified and blew into Clark’s ear. “Although, we might be too tired to get any spying done.”

Clark shifted his stance uncomfortably.

“Fine! I’ll do it, but I’m telling you now, it’s under protest,” Lois said with a huff.

“Thank you, Lois. It warms the cockles of my heart to hear that you’ll marry me,” Clark replied. “Under protest.”

Lois glared at him. “Well, next time, Chuck, ask me yourself and maybe you’ll get an answer more to your liking,” she snapped.

Clark’s jaw dropped. What had she just said?

“I mean, never! Not in a thousand years! Ooooooooh,” Lois grumbled, turning towards her desk.

Cat purred, “It sounds like someone is protesting too much. Go get her, tiger.” She slapped his bottom, pushing him towards Lois.

“It’s not like that, Cat. It’s strictly business,” Clark said, wishing it could be anything but. These three days weren’t going to be a bed of roses for him either. Roses, ugh. They still reminded Clark of Luthor buying Lois at the Metro Club. Darn eidetic memory.

“Okay, ladies and gentlemen. I want you in my office in fifteen minutes for the ring ceremony, and be sure you bring your maid of honor and your best man, or your man of honor and your best gal. It’s not official without witnesses,” teased Perry.

“Very funny,” drawled Lois from her desk, clearly not amused.

“I once lived in a city where if you checked into a hotel’s honeymoon suite as husband and wife, you were automatically married. Are there any laws like that here?” Clark asked. He remembered doing a story about such a case back in his old Metropolis, where a woman couldn’t get married because she was still legally married to her previous boyfriend. While he would love nothing more than to be married to Lois, he didn’t want to “win” her that way.

“I hope not,” Cat chuckled, still draped on Clark’s shoulder. “Or I’m a bigamist.”

Jimmy!” Lois called.

Jimmy tapped her shoulder. “Standing right beside you, Lois.”

“They’ve abolished that law in Metropolis, Kent,” Perry reassured him, turning into his office.

“Thank goodness,” Lois murmured, taking a sip of her coffee.

Cat followed Perry into his office. “When? When exactly did they abolish it, Chief?”

Fifteen minutes later, Lois and Clark stood next to one another by Perry’s desk. Cat and Jimmy hung out in the doorway, with big silly grins on their faces. His friends were enjoying their discomfort just a little too much.

“Now, Lois, do you promise to be fair and just in the sharing of the suite with Kent? Do you swear to divide the surveillance of Apocalypse Consulting evenly, leave him half of the coffee designated to the room, allow his equal access to the bathroom and bed, and not to kill him during your stay?” Perry asked her.

“Bed?” she sputtered. “We have to share the bed?”

“Alternating nights,” Clark suggested.

Lois nodded her agreement, and held out her palm. “I’ll do my best,” she gave Clark a terse look, which said her best was still sleeping soundly on her pillow back on Carter Avenue.

Perry dropped her fake wedding ring in the palm of her hand.

“Now, Kent, do you promise to tolerate, respect, and trust Lois, but not let her push you over on the way to get a scoop?”

“Trust?” Clark echoed, and Lois threw him a sour expression. He returned a sheepish smile.

“Do you swear that you’ll tell her the truth, the whole truth, and nothing but the truth?” Perry continued.

“So help me God, if I don’t,” Clark murmured, holding out his hand and receiving his fake wedding ring. “I’ll do my best.”

“By the powers granted to me by this state and by the Church of the Blue Suede Deliverance, I now pronounce you man and wife,” Perry said, producing a form on his desk. “Oh, and I need you two to each sign for those rings.”

Man and wife?” Lois objected, signing the form.

“Church of the Blue Suede Deliverance?” Clark echoed, doing likewise.

“Husband and wife,” Perry corrected, and then leaned towards Lois. “Don’t kill the groom.”

Lois glared at both of them, and then headed for the door. “Come on, Clark. It’s time to get into character and check-in.”

“More like, ‘don’t kill the bride,” Clark murmured to himself, with a smile at Lois as she turned back to glower at him. “Shouldn’t be a problem.”

As they reached the doorway, Cat and Jimmy tossed rice at them.

“Awwww,” Cat cooed. “They grow up so quickly, don’t they, James?”

“It seems like just yesterday, Catherine, that they were at each other’s throats,” Jimmy said with a faux sigh.

“That was last week,” Cat corrected, leaning against Jimmy’s shoulder.

“Get out of our way,” Lois demanded as Cat and Jimmy continued to block the exit from Perry’s office. “Or we’ll be at your throats.”

“Anxious to get to your wedding night, Lois?” Cat teased, tossing another handful of rice.

Clark crossed one arm and raised the other up to his glasses.

“Oh, right. I’ve got that thing!” Cat said with a jump, running to her desk, grabbing her purse, and hightailing it to the elevators. “Clarkie Bear, I’ll call you later! I want all the details!” she called over her shoulder.

“I’ve got to be elsewhere too,” Jimmy said, and ran off from the doorway.

Lois turned to Clark. “All the details? Clarkie Bear?”

Clark shrugged sheepishly. “I sure she means about the story, Lois,” he said with optimism he didn’t have. Cat must have overheard his and Lois’s conversation in the meeting when they had discussed Clausy, Lois’s bear from Santa.

Lois rolled her eyes and shook her head.

So much for his wedding vows.

Lois turned the knob to the bedroom of the suite. The moon gave just enough light to the room to see Clark lying in the satiny sheets of the bed. He looked good there, too good.

She had insisted on him taking the bed for the first night. It seemed only fair after he had given up his bed to her when she stayed the night while Barbara Trevino was after her. Of course, in the end they had ended up sharing it.

Clark had tried to be the gentleman and insist that she take the bed again. After trying to get comfortable on the couch, she wished she hadn’t been so accommodating to her partner, or cheated at the coin toss, so that he’d won. There was plenty of room on the round bed; they easily could have shared. Lois tilted her head. Only, with the way the bed was shaped they would both have to sleep in the center of the bed, close together, so neither of them would fall off.

No, it was better that she slept on the couch this first night. She would appreciate the bed more after a boring day of surveillance. Of course, after not sleeping tonight, surveillance would be twice as dull.

Right. She came in here to wake Clark, because the men had returned. She moved next to the bed.

Clark lay shirtless on his stomach in the center of the bed, clearly used to sleeping alone. He had a pillow tucked under his chest and he faced the shadows on the far wall. She knelt down on the satiny sheets and practically moaned at how good they felt against her skin. It felt almost as inviting as Clark’s bare skin, nestled in the sheets. She wanted nothing more than to curl up next to him and kiss across his shoulder blades until he turned over. Then he would hold her in his arms, warming her body against his. They would kiss and…

Right! Surveillance. She swallowed down her fantasy and reached over to shake Clark’s shoulder. Her hand hesitated over his bare skin a moment, before she took the plunge and touched it. It felt warm and soft under her hand, just as she knew it would. Before she could remember to shake his shoulder, his hand covered hers.

“Lois?” he murmured, still between sleep and alertness.

“They’re back,” she said hoarsely, pulling her hand away.

Clark reached to the far side of the bed and retrieved his glasses, putting them on before turning to face her. “Uh, Lois?”

“Yeah,” she whispered, leaning towards him.

“I’ll need you to move, so I can get up,” he said.

“Right, of course,” she said, scrambling to her feet. “I’m not quite all the way awake, yet, myself.” She darted into the living room and over to the window where they were videotaping the scene over at Apocalypse Consulting.

Clark pulled on a t-shirt and joined her at the window, standing close enough behind her that she could feel his warmth. Lois could take a step back and lean against his chest. Resisting this urge, she blinked her eyes and tried to focus through the binoculars at the office across the way.

Luckily, the conversation that unfolded at Apocalypse Consulting distracted her enough to push away her desires for her partner, for the moment.

Darkness had fallen on their second night in the honeymoon suite several hours earlier. It was time to start setting up their surveillance equipment again. Clark had taken it down to hide it from housekeeping that morning, when they had gone into the Daily Planet to update their team on their findings. This time they were going to film from over by the tub where Lois had gotten her first photographs. Hopefully, they would be able to see more from this angle.

They had hung out at the honeymoon suite all afternoon, playing games, and hoping that someone from Apocalypse Consulting would come into the offices. No such luck. At the moment, they were arguing the pros and cons of playing games to play versus playing games to win.

“Well, this is perfect. I win, you lose, we’re both happy,” Lois said, adjusting the viewfinder of the video camera.

“I like to win too,” Clark said, defending his stance. “I just refuse to cut someone’s head off to do so.”

“I didn’t cut your head off,” Lois retorted, and then relented. “I may have been slightly miffed that I ended up in the Poorhouse and you on Easy Street, but…”

Clark had stopped listening to what Lois was saying. He could hear someone humming in the next room. Who would be in their suite? He tilted down his glasses and saw that housekeeping had returned. He bet the Lexor was the type of hotel that had turndown service with little chocolates on the pillow every evening, even for the honeymoon suite. Now that he thought about it, he vaguely remembered little chocolates on the pillows of the bed when they had arrived the day before, but they weren't there when he had gone to bed, so he hadn't thought twice about them.

He grabbed the video camera, threw it onto the bed, and covered it with the bedcover, as he nudged Lois closer to the bed. She didn’t get the hint.

“Are you insane?” she accused, as he picked her up and dropped her down on the bed. “This isn’t funny!”

He lay down on top of her and joined their lips together in a very pleasant kiss. He tried to keep it innocent, yet believable enough that they could fool housekeeping, but not passionate enough for him to lose control. Her arms wrapped around his chest, deepening the kiss, and the hold on his desires slipped. He couldn’t help but melt against her body as she did this. He had missed this, kissing Lois.

“Extra towels, yeah,” the housekeeper said, opening the bedroom door without knocking. “Ooops, sorry,” she apologized before leaving, shutting the door behind her.

Clark stopped their kiss as soon as he heard the door close, but Lois’s arms tightened around his chest, keeping him pressed against her. He lowered his forehead to hers, trying to find the willpower to move. He wanted to continue, but he knew it was dangerous to do so.

Her hands moved down his back until they were at his waist, and slipped under his shirt to rub his bare skin. His eyes closed and his lips lowered to hers, restarting their kiss. Her hands continued to rub his lower back and work their way up his spine.

Her breath became more ragged and, on its own volition, his hand went to her waist to untuck her shirt. As soon as he touched the soft skin of her belly, he could feel it flutter under his fingers as if it were full of butterflies. Lois giggled slightly, as if she was nervous or he had tickled her, but then deepened their kiss. Clark could feel her nails scrape against the skin of his back as they tried to dig in. It was the most wonderful sensation he had ever felt.

Her lips kissed along his jaw to his ear. “Stay with me tonight, Chuck,” she whispered.

Clark bolted upright, knowing they had gone too far. “No! I can’t,” he exclaimed, sliding off the bed. “We can’t. We need to… um… set up the camera and watch for Rourke and Congressman Harrington.” Once on his feet, he grabbed the camera from next to Lois and took it over to the window on the other side of the tub.

His heart was racing. Clark wanted to leave, but he couldn’t. He felt as if he should fly as far from Lois as was possible and, being who he was, he could get pretty far. He had everything he wanted. He had folks who loved him. He had friends and a job that he loved. He had a way to help the people of his adopted planet and still have a private life. Now, he even had a sober and undrugged Lois, wanting to love him, but he couldn’t have her without causing her death.

Clark couldn’t believe he had been so stupid to let down his guard. He couldn’t allow that happen again.

Lois sat up on her elbows on the bed, watching Clark. He was practically shaking, as if their intimacy had rattled him somehow.

I can’t, he had said, but then tried to cover it up with a flimsy excuse about their undercover assignment. Lois guessed that his first words had been the truthful ones.

Why couldn’t he? She wanted to yell and scream at him. Tempting though that reaction was, Clark’s jitters and his history, as far as she knew, made him prone to bolting. If she reacted too strongly or too rashly, he’d disappear. She didn’t want that, she wanted answers.

“You’re right,” she said, lying through her teeth. “It’s too soon, and this is important.” She had spoken the words that would calm him the quickest, and then rose to her feet. Seeing him exhale with relief, she did an inner fist pump at being right. She decided to go into the living room, and thus allow him to finish setting up the camera and have some space. Meanwhile, she planned her line of attack.

A few minutes later, Clark entered and sat down on the couch. He played with the knobs on the recording equipment and checked the fax. She wondered if he could feel the tension in the air between them as much as she could. Lois continued to look out at the window towards Apocalypse Consulting’s dark offices, hoping that Rourke and Congressman Harrington wouldn’t show up too soon and interrupt her interrogation of Clark.

Finally, when it seemed that Clark wasn’t going to take the first step and address what had just happened between them, typical male, Lois turned away from the window and, taking a deep breath, faced him. “I’m sorry,” she said.

Lois wasn’t sorry, not for her actions, not in the least, only for his. She was using this apology as a way to disarm him. By the way that she saw him crumble at her words, she knew they worked.

“Don’t be,” Clark said, leaning his elbows on his knees and rubbing his face with his hands. “I’m as much to blame, if not more so, than you.”

Damn straight!

Lois nodded in understanding, or what could appear like understanding. Truthfully, she was nodding in agreement. She moved over to the couch and sat down next to him, yet not directly next to him nor touching him. She left room for another person to sit between them or, more accurately, she left room for the eight hundred pound gorilla in the room, neither of them was acknowledging. At least, she had noticed it, sitting there between them, quietly eating his banana and glancing between Lois and Clark, wondering if either of them was going to mention him.

“Have you ever lived with anyone? I mean, full time, a relationship with a member of the opposite sex,” she asked, hoping her tone sounded casual.

“No, not full time,” he admitted, glancing at her. He scooted closer and took her hand in his, rubbing the back of her hand with his thumb. “I was engaged once, but we never lived together.”

The gorilla punched Lois in the nose, and her head began to spin. “Engaged? As in engaged to be married?” she sputtered. She knew that Clark was keeping secrets from her, but this wasn’t even on her top ten list. She didn’t want to keep sitting next to Clark and his pet gorilla. Her first inclination was to jump to her feet and pace the room, but Clark was finally opening up to her, and she didn’t want to spook him into shutting up, so she remained seated.

“We were to be married on Valentine’s Day…” he said, and after a pause, went on, “Two years ago.”

Valentine’s Day? As in yesterday? As in practically two years ago today, he was supposed to be on a honeymoon with another woman? Another woman, she might add, whom he had never mentioned before.

Lois bit down to stop the curses and rants piling up on the tip of her tongue. “What happened?”

Clark looked at her and a word formed on his lips, but she saw him clamp down on it. He cleared his throat to get rid of it. “She decided that I wasn’t who she wanted,” he finally said.

Lois wondered what his first response would have been. “I’m sorry,” she said, squeezing his hand.

He smiled weakly at her, and admitted, “I’m not. We weren’t a good match. I mean, I thought I had loved her…” He shrugged. “Maybe I had, and maybe she had loved me. I don’t know. By the time she finally called it quits, a week before our wedding, I had realized that we wanted different things from life.”

“Then why didn’t you break up with her?” Lois wanted to know.

“Lots of reasons. Obligation. I told her I’d marry her, and it didn’t feel right to back out at the last minute because I was having second thoughts, and been having them for quite a while. I felt bad for not standing up for myself earlier, but L…” He coughed. “She wasn’t one to listen or care about other people’s opinions if they differed from her own. There was her way, or her way.”

Sounds like a keeper, Lois thought wryly. No wonder Clark had been having second thoughts.

“I was scared, too. She was all I had, or so I thought. We had been together for so long that I thought I’d become untethered without her, and that scared me, being alone in the world,” Clark said, looking down at their entwined hands.

“It looks like you survived okay,” Lois reassured him.

He glanced at her. “I found a new reason for living.”

From his expression, Lois almost thought that he had meant her. Her heart began to pound in her chest, until she remembered what he had said earlier.

I can’t.

Lois knew that Clark loved her. She knew it down deep in her heart, but she couldn’t fathom why he was putting on the brakes. There must be more that he wasn’t telling her. “So, you were together for a while then?” she asked. It could explain why he was hesitant to rush into a new relationship if he still felt burnt by his last one.

Clark shifted uncomfortably. “Um… we were engaged… off and on… for roughly five years,” he said. He seemed a bit embarrassed by this revelation, so it must have been true.

Lois thought about what he said, exactly what he said. If he and his ex had been engaged for roughly five years, and he was really born in 1966, that meant they decided to get married when he was twenty or twenty-one. That was fairly young, and he didn’t have a family, because his parents had been killed when he was ten. No wonder he had thought that woman was his life.

“You said you were engaged ‘off and on’ for roughly five years. What do you mean by ‘off and on’?” she probed.

Clark blushed, looked away, and cleared his throat. “Um… the night we got engaged was the first time we… uh… attempted to… er… have sex,” he explained. “She didn’t officially accept my ring until three years later.”

Lois raised her brows. That was a long time. “Attempted to?”

“L… she had been a victim of rape before we started dating and, well, sex made her uncomfortable,” he said, staring down at their still entwined hands. “I knew going in that it wasn’t going to be major part of our relationship.”

He knew that sex wouldn’t be a major part of the relationship with the woman he had been planning on marrying? Either he was the most patient, wonderful man in creation, or, and Lois gulped as these words came through her skull, he had really loved that woman who dumped him right before their wedding. Of course, he loved her, she berated herself. He had asked her to marry him, hadn’t he? Clark had said that he had felt ‘obligated’ to marry her. Was this because he had said he would, and he hated to go back on his word, or was there another sort of obligation?

Lois’s eyes grew large as her thoughts ran wild. Did Clark have a child somewhere out there? A child who didn’t know him, because his or her mother had cut ties to Clark and didn’t want him to be a part of their lives?

No, Clark had said ‘attempted to have sex’ that clearly meant it hadn’t been successful. Maybe his girlfriend had gotten pregnant by the rapist and… no, that didn’t work either. Clark said that she hadn’t accept his ring for three years.

Maybe she had gotten pregnant by the rapist, and Clark had stepped up to the plate and offered to marry her. Yes, that sounded like Clark, but she had then turned him... no. If his girlfriend had just been raped, Lois couldn’t see Clark trying to have sex with her to celebrate their engagement. No, something wasn’t right with that scenario either. Lois finally deduced that she didn’t have enough information.

“How long did you date before getting engaged?” she asked. If her assumptions were true, he must have started dating the fiancée when he was a teenager.

“Almost four years,” Clark said softly.

Nine years?” Lois gasped. “You were together with this woman for nine years, nearly one-third of your life, and you’re only mentioning her to me, now?” She didn’t mean to lose her cool but, come on, nine years was a long time. Her longest relationship was… was… a couple of months, but she had been in high school at the time. In teenage time, that was eternity.

“Yeah,” he admitted sheepishly. “She played some nasty head games with me. I don’t like thinking or talking about her much.”

Lois could see why. Before she could inquire further about his ex-girlfriend, Clark nudged her and pointed at the window. The lights had been switched on over at the Apocalypse Consulting’s offices.

She picked up her binoculars, while Clark disappeared into the bedroom to check that the video camera had turned on. He was back less than a minute later, standing behind her. His hot body, directly behind her, reminded her of the night before, after she had woken him up. So much for those fantasies.

No wonder Superman had pointed her in Clark’s direction. The Man of Steel could be reassured that even if she and Clark developed a relationship, it wouldn’t have been an intimate one. Thanks a billion, big guy.

She watched as Rourke’s henchman locked up a filing cabinet and placed the key back inside the jacket hanging on the rack just inside the door.

Rourke and Congressman Harrington entered the offices and faced one another.

“No possible way the tests will be postponed?” Rourke asked him.

“No, the weather’s clear, cable monitoring ships are en route. Dawn, day after tomorrow, it’s set,” Congressman Harrington reassured him.

“Good, then after the test fails, we’ll get my system approved and installed,” Rourke said, crossing over to his desk. “How soon until you can vote again?”

“There are going to be delays, of course. Analysis of test results, modification proposals…”

“No, no, no, no, no, no,” Rourke disagreed.

“Thaddeus, we have to go through the process,” Harrington explained.

“After what happens at that test,” Rourke said with a gloating smile and a chuckle. “No one is going to be interested in ‘modification proposals’.”

Harrington stiffened. “What exactly will happen?”

“Why don’t I show you?” Rourke suggested. “We made a video of our computer model. Bart, get the lights and the shutters.”

Rourke’s henchman closed the shutters, blocking off Lois and Clark’s view.

Lois pulled down her binoculars. “Rats!”

“Lead lined,” Clark grumbled, straightening his glasses.

“Lead lined?” she asked him, perplexed. “What does that mean?”

“Uh…the shutters… must be lead lined. When that guy shut them, our radio signal to our recorder was blocked,” he explained. “That’s why we have no sound.”

“Oh,” she replied. That actually made sense.

“I’m going to check the windows in the bedroom and see if we can get anything from there,” Clark said, returning to the other room.

She raised her binoculars back up to her eyes. “Come on! Oh, this is torture.”

By the time Clark had returned a minute later, Bart the henchman was already opening the shutters once more.

“See anything?” she asked Clark.

“Nope,” he said with exasperation.

They could see Harrington arguing with his blackmailer, “Rourke, you can’t! Millions of people!”

“In for a penny, in for a pound,” Rourke retorted.

“But…” Harrington stammered, pointing towards the blank TV monitor in the office, before Rourke led the man away.

Lois glanced back at Clark, who was fiddling once more with his glasses. He must have good distance vision because he kept pulling them down to see over to Apocalypse Consulting’s offices.

When she looked back at the outer offices, Bart was locking up. She shifted her binoculars over to Rourke’s office, hoping to see something that would explain Harrington’s terrified reaction to that video. Nada, except… Bart had left his leather jacket on the coat rack, the leather jacket with the filing cabinet key sitting in the pocket.

Lois set down her binoculars, and turned around to find Clark still standing right behind her.

“I’m sorry I never told you I had been engaged, Lois,” he said, picking up their previous conversation, where Rourke and Harrington had interrupted it. He glanced back over his shoulder at the fax machine, which had started to hum.

She cupped Clark’s jaw in her hand and tilted his head, so he was looking at her, once more. She assumed ‘I can’t’ could mean one of two things.. well, okay, it could mean more than two things, but it probably meant one of two things. She decided it was time to disqualify the less likely reason, knowing her luck, of the two. She knew that she had asked him this question before, but his answer had been so wishy-washy, she wasn’t at all that sure that he had told her the truth. So, taking a wild leap of faith, she asked, “Clark, are you still a virgin?”

***End of Part 76***

Part 77

Nothing like the romance of Valentine's Day. Comments ?

Clark's line about couples getting married by checking into a hotel's honeymoon suite was inspired by Erin Klinger's epic fanfic The Accidental Husband .

Last edited by VirginiaR; 05/16/14 12:44 PM. Reason: Fixed broken Links

VirginiaR.
"On the long road, take small steps." -- Jor-el, "The Foundling"
---
"clearly there is a lack of understanding between those two... he speaks Lunkheadanian and she Stubbornanian" -- chelo.
#92535 01/05/13 07:58 PM
Blogger
Blogger
Cat and Jimmy were funny at Clark & Lois mark wedding very funny

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard