Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3
#92374 12/28/12 08:33 PM
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Wrong Place, Wrong Time, Wrong Clark TOC can be found Here

I hope you enjoyed this slight turn away from canon.

As always, any and all comments are appreciated.

I would like to once more thank my wonderful, inspiring, and hilarious Beta Readers: IolantheAlias and Mrs. Luthor for keeping me on my toes. clap Thanks also to all of you, who have taken time out of your busy schedules to post FDK on my crazy-long epic in 2012. Your comments keep me writing. laugh

Winter break and the holidays have filled my writing time with too many distractions. Once again I have fallen behind on my cushion. It's down to a pitiable 5 parts. I hope to post as usual next Tuesday night, but can only do so when 80 (and hopefully 81) have been sent to Beta. So, I apologize in advance for any delays to my posting schedule in 2013. Whenever possible I will stick to my Tuesday and Friday late night schedule.

Last edited by VirginiaR; 05/16/14 12:50 PM. Reason: Added Link

VirginiaR.
"On the long road, take small steps." -- Jor-el, "The Foundling"
---
"clearly there is a lack of understanding between those two... he speaks Lunkheadanian and she Stubbornanian" -- chelo.
S
Merriwether
Merriwether
S
Love to see Ralph getting what he deserves. Hmm...has Lex been sprayed with the more concentrated solution, thus producing his obsession with Lois?

Joan

J
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
J
I now how a good excuse for a short FDK. I really, really do not want the next part delayed at all. The end of this part was just too down a note for me. I know that Lois is right that Clark has never really explained things, and from her persepctive Clark has been acting off, and he has, but I just was hit by it really hard for some reason.

I guess I have this fear that Clark will explain too little about what happened. I doubt he will explain enough, but I really hope it won't be as bad as I fear.

It was interesting seeing Luthor who had been effected.

The scenes in the newsroom were good. I still do not understand why Lois did not cancel her meeting with Lex, I guess that would just make things too simple.

I was a bit dizzy over Lois' lines about Superman to Lex.

When Lois woke up I was really afraid that she would think Clark had drugged her. I am glad that that thought never crossed her mind. I am also glad she was able to convey to Superman that she was worried about Clark and not mad at Clark.

I guess I should have little hope that Clark will explain what happened, especially since the perfume seems okay and Miranda seems unlikely to get caught.

I feel for Clark in that his doing the right thing and resisting Lois' advances while drugged is being counted against him. Still, I doubt he will explain the full truth to Lois of what he learned any time soon, so she is probably right that he will hid the terrible thing he learned.

On the other hand, even if he explains he is Superman he still has a lot more explaining to do to get to a point where he can really tell the horrible thing he learned.

I am torn between hoping for the best and fearing the worst.

I guess I do have to say I like the story. I am trying to tell myself I should be glad Lois does not think that Clark drugged her. I am glad of that, I am just worried that her overall reaction will be negative.

I am also hoping that Clark explains more than I really expect him to.

I have to say you have done a really good job of giving us a sense of Lois' thoughts as she wakes up.

John Pack Lambert
J
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
J
I have finally figured out why the ending is bothering me so much, well in part. It looks like Lois is going to assume Clark has turned against her, when in fact he loves her just as much, he just has no hope.

I have little hope Clark will explain everything. There is no easy way to explain his reticience to move their relationship forward too fast without telling Lois about the curse, and that requires lots and lots of explaining.

I hope Clark can at least convince Lois that he made the right decision in not making love to her while she was drugged. Even that looks like it will be an uphill battle though.

I will also say that I thought the scenes in the news room from Lois' perspective were also very good.

Keep up the good work.

John Pack Lambert
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Things start to look eerily similar to the "Clark-less reality". [Linked Image]

“No, no, no!” the real Lex shouted, banging his hand on the table in his war room as he looked at the monitor, showing the fiasco happening in his office. He turned to his majordomo. “Call Dr. Leek and tell him that this new model will no longer do. This one is now obsessed with Miranda. He will have be floated like the others.”

(...)

“Let me remind you, sir, that it will take Dr. Leek three months to have another clone ready for training,” Nigel said.
Three months... So that will be the clone that will die telling Lois he loves her? eek Or will Clark save him? If so, will Lois accept Lex's proposal? help

Andreia

"My wife's love is what unites Krypton and Earth in my heart. Without it, without her, I truly would be in hell."

~ Superman: Man of Tomorrow #15
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Joan: wave Thanks for reading.

Love to see Ralph getting what he deserves.
Well, I don't know about that, but at least he won't bother anyone where he is.

Hmm...has Lex been sprayed with the more concentrated solution, thus producing his obsession with Lois?
That's the question. I leave a lot up to the Reader to decide in this section.

VirginiaR.
---
"clearly there is a lack of understanding between those two... he speaks Lunkheadanian and she Stubbornanian" -- chelo.
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
John: Thanks for in-depth analysis. smile1

I now how a good excuse for a short FDK. I really, really do not want the next part delayed at all.
Part 80 was sent to Beta last night and I'm 3-4 pages into 81. If that's done by Tuesday, posting will be on schedule.

The end of this part was just too down a note for me. I know that Lois is right that Clark has never really explained things, and from her persepctive Clark has been acting off, and he has, but I just was hit by it really hard for some reason.
It's a big drop from enamored Lois.

I guess I have this fear that Clark will explain too little about what happened. I doubt he will explain enough, but I really hope it won't be as bad as I fear.
cool

It was interesting seeing Luthor who had been effected.
We see Luthor affected in canon; I just moved the initial spraying up.

The scenes in the newsroom were good. I still do not understand why Lois did not cancel her meeting with Lex, I guess that would just make things too simple.
Because she's decided to look into him.

I was a bit <<dizzy>> over Lois' lines about Superman to Lex.
So, she can't think SM is hot while on pheromones?

When Lois woke up I was really afraid that she would think Clark had drugged her. I am glad that that thought never crossed her mind.
Never crossed her mind. It wouldn't be like him. Like Lex, yes, like Clark, no. Otherwise, he would have taken advantage of her on earlier occassions.

I am also glad she was able to convey to Superman that she was worried about Clark and not mad at Clark.
Did she? I wanted him to be nervous about whether or not she was asking for Clark, because he thought she was angry. He doesn't realize it until the end of their converstation, when she states matter-of-factly what her fears are about Clark.

I guess I should have little hope that Clark will explain what happened, especially since the perfume seems okay and Miranda seems unlikely to get caught.
The perfume is okay? Miranda won't get caught?

I feel for Clark in that his doing the right thing and resisting Lois' advances while drugged is being counted against him. Still, I doubt he will explain the full truth to Lois of what he learned any time soon, so she is probably right that he will hid the terrible thing he learned.
[Linked Image]

On the other hand, even if he explains he is Superman he still has a lot more explaining to do to get to a point where he can really tell the horrible thing he learned.
[Linked Image]

I am torn between hoping for the best and fearing the worst.
That's a good place to be. I must be doing my job. laugh

I guess I do have to say I like the story.
[Linked Image]

I am trying to tell myself I should be glad Lois does not think that Clark drugged her. I am glad of that, I am just worried that her overall reaction will be negative.
Oh, dear. Is my roller coaster cart starting to shake violently?

Hmmmmm. I'm going to guess, you expect him to tell her EVERYTHING. Don't you know me better than that by now?

I have to say you have done a really good job of giving us a sense of Lois' thoughts as she wakes up.
smile1 Thank you. Glad you... well, "liked" probably isn't the right word... I'm glad it worked for you.

VirginiaR.
---
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Originally posted by John Lambert:
I have finally figured out why the ending is bothering me so much, well in part. It looks like Lois is going to assume Clark has turned against her, when in fact he loves her just as much, he just has no hope.
Which is why it tortures not only Clark, but also reader.

I have little hope Clark will explain everything. There is no easy way to explain his reticience to move their relationship forward too fast without telling Lois about the curse, and that requires lots and lots of explaining.
Oh, sure. There's lots of things he could say. smile1

VirginiaR.
---
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Ultra Woman: Thanks for reading. smile1

Things start to look eerily similar to the "Clark-less reality".
Well, since there was no Vatman in AL, and Clark didn't donate his lock of hair, that aspect will be the same.... unless Lex got SM's DNA elsewhere.

Three months... So that will be the clone that will die telling Lois he loves her?
That depends on lots of factors. One being, if Lois would be on a date with Lex 3 months in the future.

Or will Clark save him? If so, will Lois accept Lex's proposal?
In canon, I believe it is after this episode that he proposes.

Questions, questions! <<help>>
Answers! Answers! hyper <<That doesn't help, does it?>>

VirginiaR.
---
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
I've been noticing that my part lengths were starting to get on the long side (closer to 22 d.s. pages, instead of my ideal 15-20 d.s. pages). When Part 80 clocked in at 24, I knew I had to do something (Although, I do have a beta who says THAT'S even too short). Therefore, with some creative bouncing back and forth, and shortening of Parts 76-80 by 2 to 5 pages each, I was able to come up with entirely new part. laugh What all this garbly-gook means to my Readers is that my cushion is back to 7 hyper and I'll be posting as usual late Tuesday night / early Wednesday morning (depending on your time-zone).

Thanks for sticking with me. I'll be more diligent about not making my parts too long from now on, as long as you don't mind that it means we'll probably be heading into the triple digits Part numbers sometime in the future. blush

Happy New Year! party

<<Signed>> Your Evil LnC Soap Opera Writer (aka see siggy below)

VirginiaR.
---
J
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
J
He saw Lois sitting over at her desk. She looked more alluring than she had on their first date. She wore a white lacy dress, which revealed her figure and assets most delightfully. Her hair was styled with feminine curls as if she had put genuine effort into the process.
Lois: Well I did put lots of effort in, but not at all for you Lex.

Lex’s eyes narrowed as he noticed that she was sitting in Kent’s lap.
smile1 It is so fun when Luthor is outwitted. I just hope Lois does not foll too many others.

I have to admit I am not sure I got that fully until I read Virginia's FDK on my previous comments. Still, Thinking about it I have to see Lois is being more consistent than I thought.

In fact it seems Lois has been less changed by Revernge than either of the men who know about it think she has.

John Pack Lambert
J
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
J
“But I need you to understand something,” Lois went on, still speaking in that flirtatious tone he adored. “There is only one man in the world for me.”
grumble but she is only saying it becuase of that stupid perfume.

Reader: No, come on. How does that make any sense. If the perfume just made her in love, wouldn't she say she loved everyone.

Clark: grumble OK, maybe. Still, she is clearly drugged. I have to resist her. Plus even if she wasn't, I still would have to. So what's the point. OK, I guess there is a point, still I want to grumble a little, so let me.

And there was only one woman Lex wanted.
I do not think Luthor is anywhere near recovered.

“Clark Kent,” Lois announced with another sigh as she looked over Lex’s shoulder.
Lois: shock the readers figured it out.

Lois: Well, you had it figured out before.

Clark: Yes I did. I tried not to.

“Yeah, he’s been trying to convince me of that too, but…” She tapped Lex on the nose with a slight giggle.
Lois: And not letting it be nothing between us the way I want it to be. We were so close yesterday, and down to so little, but then someone came and knocked on the door.

[Quote“I know the truth. I love him and only him.” She smiled at Kent and waved at him with her fingers.[/Quote]

Clark: Well at least she is not infatuated with Luthor.

Reader: And she does love you, and only you.

Clark: Will see if thatholds when Superman shows up. Actually, no let's not, that would be too painful.

Reader: But she would still be loving you.

Clark: It's not the same. Anyway, I still couldn't love her the way I want to.

Kent stared at them, but waved back in the same way.
I am assuming he is hearing their conversation.

Clark:Well, sort of. The part of my mind that is not overwheled by Lois' nothing between us comment. So basically, I am not really understanding becuase I am trying so hard to fight down the images that I cannot indulge. I cannot even think along those lines. Not right now. Not for a very long time.

“He’ll soon see that no other man will do,” Lois went on.
Clark: There is another man who would do better, if we could bring him back.

“I see,” Lex replied, murmuring more to himself than to her. Kent would soon learn what happened to uppity rats who dared to touch Lex’s possessions.
Well, Lois would move Luthor lower in her estimation if she knew this. Of course, if she had any idea how Luthor really thinks about her, she would be tempted to run away.

Lois: Would not, I would redouble my efforts to investigate and expose him for the scad he is.

Lois must have heard him, because she sighed again. “Ooooooh. Him too,” she moaned, but placed a finger to her lips with a wink. “Just don’t tell Clark.”
Too bad Clark actually heard this line. Although I guess it does make sense that she still thinks he is hot.

Clark: Well, at least she is not sighing for Luthor.

Lex couldn’t help but grin. It was only the potion talking. If she were only interested in Kent, she wouldn’t have confirmed their dinner date, and simpered about Superman as well.
No, that does not actually work. Since her putrpose is different than a date. I guess Superman does make sense. If it was just Revenge why would she rate Clark first.

I guess this makes sense. I also guess it really does not matter what Lois says about Superman since Luthor does not listen well.

John Pack Lambert
J
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
J
Lois watched as Lex walked out of the newsroom. He passed Clark on the way to the elevators, and she could see the anger in the men’s expressions as their eyes met. She hated to be the cause for the two men to fight.
Clark: My dislike for Luthor has no connection to you.

Lois: So you are not mad about my being shot and such?

Clark: Well yes, but my reasons for disliking Luthor pre-date that.

She would have to reassure Clark again that she wasn’t interested in Lex, not in that way at least.
I hope he listened to this.

She was only interested in what she could learn about him.
This is a point I missed on the first reading. She wants to learn about him, not from him.

Actually, she had never been interested in Lex sexually;
grumble he revelaed being Superman to get out of telling me something else. What is that man really hiding, deep down. If revealing being Superman is a cop-out reveal.

He had said he wanted her to sleep at his place and that he would sleep at her apartment to make sure Ralph didn’t try any funny business.
The big question I have is, did Ralph try stopping by her apartment?

Lois sighed. Clark really could be so sweet. He really cared for her. Now, Superman…

Superman. Lois moaned just thinking about that skintight suit.
Now this makes sense to me. I can see Lois having these feelings for Superman, but telling them to Luthor.

NR: Well, she really does not chose CK first now does she, if she voices her feelings for SM still.

PR: I get it now. Revenge removes virtually all inhibitions. She does not see any point in not saying most of what she thinks. So since it makes sense that she still feels this way about Superman, it makes sense she would still voice it.

Lois: Hey, if I had no inhibitions, O would have told Luthor "I am only going to see you to advance my investigation on you". Hmm, actually telling him I only love Clark Kent comes pretty close to that. Hmm, did he see through my plan. I hope not.

Well, no human male was more virile than Superman; that was just a fact.
Reader: Are you sure Lois.

Lois: Clark is wonderful. More virile than Superman though? How could he possibly be.

Reader: I guess I cannot argue that Clark is move virile than Superman. Clark is no more virile than Superman, that is true.

Lois couldn’t help but be attracted to him, especially if she was under the spell of the pheromone perfume as Clark assumed.
Clark should be glad of this, since a Lois loving Clark but repealled by Superman would essentially be Lana all over again.

Clark: No, Lana never loved me, me, as much as Lois. True, Lois repelled by Superman would be bad, but Lana was wrong on so many levels.

Lois still wasn’t sure that she was.
Which is a major step up from being convinced that she is not affected at all.

She knew though, that if she were to put Clark and Superman next to one another, she would choose Clark every time.
Lois: Now that brings up a good question, why I have I never seen Clark next to Superman.

Skintight suit or not, she bet Clark would look better naked. Perhaps she had this opinion because she had seen his bare chest on occasion.
It was on the reread I caught the "n occasion". At first I was just thinking of the towel incident at the Apollo, and I guess there was when she saw his bullet wound. Of course there is the time from the day before. Are there other times as well?

She bit her bottom lip, and thought back on all those times she had seen Clark partially clothed.
Canon Lois (from PML): Still Lois, you have a lot more than I do. Clark has not even let me kiss him these last two days.

There were certainly not enough times in her opinion. She could picture his bare chest sparkling and moist with the slightest hint of water from the shower. Ooooh, Clark in the shower. Her thoughts caused her whole body to flush.
Now her thoughts are more along the lines of alt-Lois from Missing Lois.

She must have been staring at Clark, because he pulled his gaze away from where he was watching Lex and glanced over at her.
Lois: party he is looking at me.

Lois rushed across the room to join him, unable to stay away any longer.
And giving Clark a very enjoyable view as she ran in her white dress.

“Hi, Clark! Did you find what you were looking for?”
Clark: Yes, just not the connecting peaces to prove he is the instigator of this problem.

Her smile grew into a grin. “Me, but I told him that there wasn’t anyone else in the world I wanted besides you.”
This is true. Probably more true than even Lois suspects.

Lois: Even if Luthor is a total creep, that will not stop me from investigating him.

His eyes softened at her words.
party he is listiening to her. Even if he still thinks it is mainly the perfume talking.

“Why, thank you, Lois. That’s always good to hear,” he said. For a second, it almost appeared as if Clark would lean over and kiss her cheek, but he changed his mind. Shucky-darn.
Lois: Clark, you are allowed to kiss me. Come on, do it.

In her attempt to wrap her arms around his waist to kiss him, Lois inadvertently knocked over the pile of magazines from his arms. “Oh, sorry, Chuck,” she gushed, bending down to help gather them back up.
Making Clark not regret they were spilled.

Clark: No. I regret it. Seeing Lois beinding over in that dress is making it so much harder.

“What do you need all these fashion magazines for?”
Has he finally figured out about Miranda, or is he just sort of just hoping to figure something out.

Ralph walked by at that moment and pinched her bottom.
Lois: Time for Ralph to die.

Lois jumped to her feet and pulled back her fist to sock him, but Clark grabbed her hand.

“Here, Lois, let me,” he requested. “I wouldn’t want you to get blood on your pretty white dress.”
Lois: party he thinks my dress is pretty.

John Pack Lambert
J
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
J
She relaxed. Clark hadn’t said one word about how she looked today until that moment.
Reader: Clark, now that is just rude.

Clark: I am trying to not step over any bounds. I want Lois, but if I do anything more now, she really will never forgive me when she recovers. Even if she did it will be wrong. Plus, if we go to far she will die. I need to calm her ardor, not stoke the fire.

She was beginning to wonder if he had noticed how much time and effort she had exerted for him.
Clark: Believe me, Lois, I noticed.

Her heart constricted. Not that she was complaining, she wasn’t. She loved Clark and she hadn’t needed him to say anything as his facial expression, when he had opened the door and saw her this morning, had been compliment enough.
Clark: Hmm, I guess this plan is not working at all.

She was more than happy to do anything to please him, anything at all that he required.
It is really good that she does not have these same feelings for Luthor.

“Yo, Kent, you mind if I have the leftovers when you’re done banging Mad Dog?” Ralph asked.
I have to say that I dislike Ralph more than Luthor.

“No, Lois. Ralph isn’t worth you spending the next twenty years in prison on a murder charge,”
She probably could have gotten a fairly reduced charge on not being competent to commit a crime, but she would still have been arrested and dealt with a trial, so Clark is right.

Clark said, nuzzling his lips to her ear. “Why don’t you finish gathering up the magazines, while I take care of Ralph, and then we’ll head back to my place for lunch?”
Lois: smile1 especially if we get as friendly as we did at lunchtime yesterday. I can't wait until you touch me there again.

Lois’s body almost exploded with ecstasy on the spot as she nodded with delight. She had wanted to get Clark alone since he had picked her up from his apartment this morning and he insisted on taking her out for breakfast.
Clark: After seeing her in that dress, I could not have been alone with her anytime soon.

Maybe she should mention to Superman what Ralph said. No, Superman was too all forgiving and noble to defend her honor.
Hopefully she will not think of mentioning what Ralph said to Luthor. Not that I really have any respect for Ralph, but still, he does not deserve what Luthor would do to him.

One of the magazines indicated that there was an article inside on 10 Ways to Please Your Man.
Things are going to get really difficult for Clark.

Another one had suggestion about How to Make Him Last All Night Long.
I think that should either be "a suggestion" or "suggestions".

Mmmmm. Maybe she hadn’t been keeping up with her reading, as she should have been.
Clark: Lois, you are more than enough alluring without reading those articles.

A third one stated it had clues on How to Say ‘Yes’, So He Can’t Say ‘No’.
Clark is doomed.

Bull’s eye! Lois dropped the other magazines and sat down at her desk to peruse that article. She quickly scanned the article and knew exactly how to woo Clark into bed that night, should he try to put the brakes on their relationship again.
If Clark was not Superman either Lois would be dead by tomorrow or enraged at him for taking advantage of him. As Superman, he just might be able to withstand the advances of Lois.

They had spent all yesterday afternoon, and into the evening, checking into the company, which had hosted the event at the Daily Planet the morning before, for the fragrance Exclusive!
I guess this points to why they had Clark get sprayed in canon. Only because he got sprayed was he able to figure out Miranda was behind the whole thing as fast as he did.

Lois had spent most of the time orbiting Clark as if she were Mercury to his Sun.
clap I love your descriptions.

She just couldn’t help it; he was that wonderful. If there weren’t already a man out there called ‘Superman’, she would’ve adopted the title for Clark.
If only she knew the truth.

They had then returned to her apartment where he had dropped off his suitcase of clothes she had insisted he pack.
Clark: I just hope that she does not burn them.

She had already told Clark she wanted to marry him;
Ah, the sweat torture.

perhaps she should suggest that they move into together
It should be "Move in together". The to goes with gether, not with in.

Working jointly all day just wasn’t enough together time for her. She was sure he wouldn’t mind. Clark loved her after all.
Clark: I don;t think I could take it. We can't set a wedding date, and we can't make love, otherwise Lois will die. I just hope she cools down after this wears off, becuase how will I explain that to her.

He most likely wanted a small wedding, intimate, just her family and their closest friends, being that his family was dead and he was on the run.
Actually, if he was really on the run, would he go even that big.

The thought of the two of them relying on each other for everything seemed like the closest form of intimacy imaginable, and she gasped as another wave of desire vibrated through her.
They actually rely on eachother for an awful lot already.

He stood up, the pile of magazines in the crook of one arm, and brushed his thumb across her cheek with the thumb of his free hand. “All right, Lois. You win.”
clap this dialogue is so wonderful.

John Pack Lambert
J
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
J
When Lois woke up I was really afraid that she would think Clark had drugged her. I am glad that that thought never crossed her mind.
Never crossed her mind. It wouldn't be like him. Like Lex, yes, like Clark, no. Otherwise, he would have taken advantage of her on earlier occassions.
Good point, he had proved himself when she threw herself at him after the auction among other times.

I am also glad she was able to convey to Superman that she was worried about Clark and not mad at Clark.
Did she? I wanted him to be nervous about whether or not she was asking for Clark, because he thought she was angry. He doesn't realize it until the end of their converstation, when she states matter-of-factly what her fears are about Clark.
I think that was what I was referring to. I would say that at first Clark was really worried what she was thinking.

The perfume is okay? Miranda won't get caught?
I have no idea what I meant by "the perfume is ok". I think what I meant is they found that Exclusive! was not a drug, and so now they don't know what infected people. The other idea may be me being to pessimistic.

Hmmmmm. I'm going to guess, you expect him to tell her EVERYTHING. Don't you know me better than that by now?
I have this sinking fear he will try to not tell her he unbuttoned her shirt and kissed her chest. I am hoping he does not try to obscure anything that happened under the perfume, but I just have this fear he might and she will then be mad at him for it. I didn't want to say anything before, but I feel bold enough to voice my fears now.

John Pack Lambert
J
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
J
Originally posted by VirginiaR:
I've been noticing that my part lengths were starting to get on the long side (closer to 22 d.s. pages, instead of my ideal 15-20 d.s. pages). When Part 80 clocked in at 24, I knew I had to do something (Although, I do have a beta who says THAT'S even too short). Therefore, with some creative bouncing back and forth, and shortening of Parts 76-80 by 2 to 5 pages each, I was able to come up with entirely new part. laugh What all this garbly-gook means to my Readers is that my cushion is back to 7 hyper and I'll be posting as usual late Tuesday night / early Wednesday morning (depending on your time-zone).

Thanks for sticking with me. I'll be more diligent about not making my parts too long from now on, as long as you don't mind that it means we'll probably be heading into the triple digits Part numbers sometime in the future. blush

Happy New Year! party

<<Signed>> Your Evil LnC Soap Opera Writer (aka see siggy below)
party party we will have over 100 parts.

John Pack Lambert
C
Top Banana
Top Banana
C
Just thinking about Lois gave him a warm feeling in his chest and he smiled.
There really could be two readings to that. One is that the pheromone is still at least partially in effect. The second is that this is a genuine emotion inconsequential to the effect of the pheromone (i.e. it was already present WITHOUT the pheromone.)

“Why? What did you do?” he accused with a momentary flash of dread. If there was one thing he hated more than Superman, it was being out of control.
Lex: Oh no, she sprayed my office as well. I guess I may have to see about getting rid of Mrs. Cox then. And she was such a good employee too.

“I’ve shown you a practical application of my perfume, both in creating chaos on the individual level and now with a group.
It does make sense that he would see love as a chaotic element. He did say very early on that his pursuit was "pleasure" not power (if I remember correctly from the Pilot.) I suppose you could say her pursued power through pleasure.

Lex walked out of the elevator into the Daily Planet newsroom, unsure what he would find awaiting him. He recalled how deliriously happy he had been in Lois’s company at the luncheon, how angry her losing that Kryptonite watch had made him, and how jealous he had felt of Clark Kent, despite her reassurances that they were only friends. He had disliked all of those feelings. Feelings were the gateway to emotions, and an emotional attachment made one weak; case in point, Superman’s emotional attachment to one Lois Lane.
The sort of opinion that is detrimental to long term relationships. I knew of someone who espoused this opinion. Let's just say I didn't date him long.

Their one and only thought seemed focused on love.
Except for one person. Then again, the idea that Clark was letting Lois sit on his lap is testament to how things have changed. Although if I remember correctly, didn't Canon-Lois occasionally sit on Canon Clark's lap post-marriage from time to time?

Alt-Clark: *sighs and looks a bit jealous* How come he had it so easy?

He saw Lois sitting over at her desk. She looked more alluring than she had on their first date. She wore a white lacy dress, which revealed her figure and assets most delightfully. Her hair was styled with feminine curls as if she had put genuine effort into the process.
Pheromone!Lois: Thank you. Do you think Clark likes it?

As he approached, Kent stood up and practically ran from the newsroom.
Clark: Of course I had to get away, Lois was being a bit to handsy.

It was such a pity he would have to slit her throat, instead of keep her around longer than the one night required to break Superman’s spirit. On the other hand, should she be as pleasurable as he foresaw, the manor house was currently free of visitors. He wondered if Lois enjoyed being tied up.
Pheromone!Lois: Oh! Uh, no I don't care to be tied up... Unless Clark's the one doing the tying up of course.

Married! Canon-Lois: I HATE being tied up! *Clark for some reason has to tie her up and helps make it pleasurable* Well... maybe it has its perks as long as he doesn't leave me like that while he has to help someone else. The ropes chafe.

She hadn’t noticed? Lois was clearly under the love spell. Well, good, thought Lex. That will make this easier. “So, are we still on for dinner tomorrow night?”

“Sure,” she replied casually, causing Lex’s heart to rejoice.

Thankfully, Lois had some attraction to him under the perfume’s spell and not just to Kent.
I'd say it's almost completely professional attraction. There might be a little interest (they way she acted about the loss of Lex in the previous universe) that is more than the rest of the populace but I'd say it pales in a MAJOR way next to her attraction to Clark/Superman.

“But I need you to understand something,” Lois went on, “There is only one man in the world for me.”
“Clark Kent,” Lois announced with another sigh as she looked over Lex’s shoulder.

Lex turned his startled expression to see Kent enter the newsroom...
After how she was acting, I could see how he could have misinterpreted her above statement.

Lex turned his startled expression to see Kent enter the newsroom from the stairwell with an armful of magazines. Both men stared at one another, and seemed to declare war with that one look. Lex faced Lois. “Darling, you told me just two days ago that there was nothing between you and Kent.”

“Mmmmmm, nothing,” Lois moaned, gliding her hands down her body in a seductive manner that made even Lex get a shiver of anticipation. “Yeah, he’s been trying to convince me of that too, but…” She tapped Lex on the nose with a slight giggle. “I know the truth. I love him and only him.” She smiled at Kent and waved at him with her fingers.
Of course the only thought in her mind is Clark's hands sliding down her body, not Luthor's.

This is the point that I expect Lois to have problems with when she comes to. I don't know if she's fully admitted to loving him (even after knowing there's a secret he's hiding.)

“I see,” Lex replied, murmuring more to himself than to her. Kent would soon learn what happened to uppity rats who dared to touch Lex’s possessions. “And here I was worried about Superman.”
I'm guessing we'll be seeing some events happen to try and "rough up" Clark. Say, a burglary for example?

She would have to reassure Clark again that she wasn’t interested in Lex, not in that way at least. She was only interested in what she could learn about him.
Pretty much what I always thought was the case.

Actually, she had never been interested in Lex sexually; just the thought of being intimate with him made her stomach churn. There was something ugly and aggressive in the way that Lex pursued her.
Probably brought on by her multiple run-ins with him during her previous soul-histories (including the deja-vu soul-history.) I don't know if she had that sort of opinion of him the very first time (it didn't seem like she had seen him as "ugly" when it came to intimate relations in canon until after he died and she learned the depth of it.)

She only wished they could get somewhere with this investigation on the perfume so that she could pin him down. Literally.
Deciding to reverse that dynamic, huh Lois?

Her brow furrowed. Now, what had she been thinking about before thoughts of Clark…?

Clark.
rotflol So hyper-focused on Clark that you can't see anything else, huh Lois?

Now, Superman…

Superman. Lois moaned just thinking about that skintight suit. Well, no human male was more virile than Superman; that was just a fact.
I can just imagine this little moment. Lois sitting in the chair with her head on her fist as she stares off into the distance.

She must have been staring at Clark, because he pulled his gaze away from where he was watching Lex and glanced over at her.
He probably heard her heart speed up a little as she thought of Clark and Superman.

A third one stated it had clues on How to Say ‘Yes’, So He Can’t Say ‘No’. Bull’s eye! Lois dropped the other magazines and sat down at her desk to peruse that article. She quickly scanned the article and knew exactly how to woo Clark into bed that night, should he try to put the brakes on their relationship again.
Hmmm, wonder what she read from it that gave her the idea for the harem costume.

Lois glanced down at the magazines on the floor. That was strange; Clark hadn’t chosen any bridal magazines.
Somehow I get the feeling that if Wells had simply come and told him that Lois was compromised (not about the curse) that there might have BEEN a bridal magazine or two in there. To be fair though, I didn't really look through those things when I got married either.

“We had a little talk, and I’ve tied him up with a project that will keep Ralph from bothering anyone else for the rest of the day,” Clark replied vaguely.
Why do I get the feeling he means that literally?

“I never mix business with other people’s pleasure, Miranda,” Lex announced.
Liar. Dr. Baines? Toni Taylor? Mrs. Cox?

“No, no, no!” the real Lex shouted, banging his hand on the table in his war room as he looked at the monitor, showing the fiasco happening in his office. He turned to his majordomo. “Call Dr. Leek and tell him that this new model will no longer do. This one is now obsessed with Miranda. He will have be floated like the others.”
I'm guessing the REAL Luthor went to the Planet.

There also was a chance that he was merely in love with Lois Lane.

That would be an even worse development.
So he's uncomfortable with natural, organic love it seems.

She wondered whose lair she had been dragged to in this condition.
Images of Ralph's lair and Luthor's suite probably fill her mind.

She shaded her eyes and realized she faced a bank of windows, a vaguely familiar bank of windows. Standing on the other side of them was Superman. His arms were crossed and he was staring at her in his usual intense manner.

Oh, good. She had already been rescued.
*shakes her head at him* Oh Clark, Clark, Clark. Hiding behind the cape now, are we? Trying to add a little distance to the encounter?

“Secure location?” Lois murmured, as her knees weakened and gave out, causing her to sit down on Clark’s window seat. Her eyes widened at the implications of that one phrase. The men who were after Clark must have found him. Had she been drugged as bait? Had Superman rescued them both, only to have to remove Clark to a safe house where the gangsters couldn’t find him? Would she ever see Clark again? God, why couldn’t she remember anything clearly? “Where is he? I need to see Clark,” she said, her voice rough. “Take me to him. Now!”
I love how she's worried for his safety. Of course Clark probably will interpret this to mean she's still affected by the pheromone.

Then Superman did something she had never in her life seen. He looked her up and down, and then shook his head ‘no’.
Being a typical man for a moment, huh.

“You don’t like it?” she asked innocently. “I bought it for you.” It was nice to see Superman discombobulated for a change. Heavens knows she had felt that way around him often enough.
Aand I'm sure Lois is inwardly smiling at his reaction, just knowing that she's giving him an idea of what he could have had if he had wanted it.

“Why? With your powers, it would need to be lead lined to keep you from seeing anything,” Lois reminded him.

That brought his focus back to her eyes. “I have never used my powers to… to…” He waved his hand in a most flustered sort of way. “Compromise you in any way.”

Lois smiled, betting he had thought about it. “Are you sure about that?”

“I most certainly have not!” he spouted. There was the righteous indignation that she loved.
Canon-Lois: Goody two-shoes. *flings her arms around Canon Clark* Of course that's one of the things I love about him. I know that if I hadn't peeked at him before he wouldn't have known it was ok to do that with me.

One of Clark’s sources, who must have tracked them down to Clark’s apartment, had interrupted them. Clark had kissed her one last time, and then told her he’d get rid of the man as quickly as possible, because he had something of great importance to tell her. Then he had left and was gone a long time.

When Clark returned, he was different. He didn’t want to kiss her anymore and never brought up the ‘important matter’ again. He kept claiming that something had happened to her, but she knew the truth. Something had happened to Clark.
I'm sure she's thinking that one of the "people that are chasing him" came and threatened to kill her if he didn't stop whatever she has thought up that he is doing (probably turning states.)

The most recent time she had seen Clark, he would hardly look at her in this outfit. The last thing she remembered was pleading with him to give her once last chance. He had left his apartment spouting hurtful words of rejection. Humiliation flooded her.
Ouch. This actually sounds WORSE than during PML.

At least, she could be certain of one thing. Clark would lie to her and cover up this entire horrible event. A leopard never changed his spots, and Clark was pure wildcat.
I don't know how he'd lie about this other than to say that he didn't love her (and that would be the worst thing for the two of them.)

CLARK: No. I'm just worried I'm a jinx.
JONATHAN: A jinx?
CLARK: Yeah. Let's face it, ever since she's known me, Lois's been kidnapped, frozen, pushed off buildings, almost stabbed, poisoned, buried alive and who knows what else, and it's all because of me.
-"Contact" (You're not her jinx, you're her blessing.)
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
John: Extra Bonus FDK? smile1

Lois: Well I did put lots of effort in, but not at all for you Lex.
Lex hadn't even entered her head until he walked into the newsroom and said 'hi'.

It is always fun to have actions totally misinterpreted.
I find it fun to find other meaning / motivations to characters' canon actions and dialogue. laugh

Clark: I just hope this is not interpreted against me anytime soon.

Reader: Well, I hope between Lois' memory and Clark's explanatons, Luthor is not able to insinuate anything against Clark in this incident into Lois' mind. I do have fear about the development though.
After her last negative reaction when he tried to warn Lois about Clark, it would be uncharacteristically stupid of Lex to bring Kent up again. Better for him to press his own advantage / suit than be a messenger who will be shot.

Lois: Of course, I was lying to get Luthor to stop being so inquisitive about him. Anyway, my not wanting to date Luthor should not need to be conditioned on feeling for another man.
True.

Not really. Clark might think so, but Lois clearly had feelings for him before.
Hence some of our fun comedy of errors.

I am worried about that. Although I guess I should know Lois will make things work. I just hope Clark does not get the wrong idea.
Lex still wants Lois willing.

Clark: Wells did that already. OK, maybe I should be a little less down, but it feels like it with his "make love to Lois and she dies" message, even if we get married first. Grrrr.
Hmmmm. Yes, how was the curse worded? Love consummation or marriage consummation?

I think Luthor is not fully recovered. Lois is not giving a very enthusiastic response, but he is eating it up. I think she has outfoxed him.
Canon dialogue, although Luthor's thoughts give him away, I was trying to match them to his facial expressions from canon.

It is so fun when Luthor is outwitted. I just hope Lois does not foll too many others.
Foll? Foil? Fall? confused

I have to admit I am not sure I got that fully until I read Virginia's FDK on my previous comments. Still, Thinking about it I have to see Lois is being more consistent than I thought.

In fact it seems Lois has been less changed by Revernge than either of the men who know about it think she has.
It enhances ones natural attraction and takes away one's inhibitions. So, her reaction should be consistant to Clark's, right? He's been affected by Lois's pheromones since the moment he met her, right? [Linked Image] He just doesn’t see it in that light.

I love this line.
As do I, which is why this canon line it's included.

Clark: but she is only saying it becuase of that stupid perfume.

Reader: No, come on. How does that make any sense. If the perfume just made her in love, wouldn't she say she loved everyone.

Clark: OK, maybe. Still, she is clearly drugged. I have to resist her. Plus even if she wasn't, I still would have to. So what's the point. OK, I guess there is a point, still I want to grumble a little, so let me.
He's had a hard couple of days. I'll let him grumble.

I do not think Luthor is anywhere near recovered.
Was he dosed with the 25% solution, or is he recovered and it just love? I'll leave it up to the Readers to decide.

Clark: What is he doing here? I am sure he is somehow involved with Lois being drugged. We just need proof.
Actually, this thought doesn't enter his head. If Lex had been involved, he probably would have showed up the day before.

now I am glad I reread this part. It took me a second reading to figure this line out.
clap

CLARK: What? What did I say?

I am assuming he is hearing their conversation.
[Linked Image]

Clark:Well, sort of. The part of my mind that is not overwheled by Lois' nothing between us comment. So basically, I am not really understanding becuase I am trying so hard to fight down the images that I cannot indulge. I cannot even think along those lines. Not right now. Not for a very long time.
That's possible too. wink

Clark: There is another man who would do better, if we could bring him back.
Prior to meeting with Herb, saving True Clark seemed to be the only real probability. Since meeting Herb, he figures rescuing True Clark as less likely than nixing the curse without going back in time. As long as he sees the past as being broken, he won't see this as a possibility.

Well, Lois would move Luthor lower in her estimation if she knew this. Of course, if she had any idea how Luthor really thinks about her, she would be tempted to run away.

Lois: Would not, I would redouble my efforts to investigate and expose him for the scad he is.
LEX: There is a reason, I don't say my thoughts outloud.

Too bad Clark actually heard this line. Although I guess it does make sense that she still thinks he is hot.

Clark: Well, at least she is not sighing for Luthor.
Yes, Clark heard, and yes, it only causes more doubts in his mind.

No, that does not actually work. Since her putrpose is different than a date. I guess Superman does make sense. If it was just Revenge why would she rate Clark first.
But that seems to be what Lex is thinking in canon. Otherwise, why continue to persue Lois?

I guess this makes sense. I also guess it really does not matter what Lois says about Superman since Luthor does not listen well.
He already knows that Lois loves SM, so this really isn't "news". It only makes sense that Lois is attracted to her "true love" while on pheromones.
Clark: My dislike for Luthor has no connection to you.

Lois: So you are not mad about my being shot and such?

Clark: Well yes, but my reasons for disliking Luthor pre-date that.
LOIS: So, you dislike him *more* after those events?

CLARK: I didn't say that! It's more like my dislike shifted to hate.

VirginiaR.
---
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
--Response to John’s FDK – Cont.

I hope he listened to this.
Her thoughts?

This is a point I missed on the first reading. She wants to learn about him, not from him.
Nope. There's nothing that she wants Luthor to teach her.

Hmm, unless something changes an awful lot than I doubt Wells will be right about the situation when he returns.

<<Gasps in shock!>> unless she decides to marry Luthor to further an investigation.
Well, this makes me think it unlikely Lois will try that plan.

Lois: Hey, my investigation often require me to face ugly and agreesive people. I can deal with it.
[Linked Image]

I love that she loves Clark. Even if it is temporary at one level, it is real feelings.

Lois: Exactly. I really love Clark. No perfume made me love him.
Yep, she loved him before being sprayed.

Lois: I am putting work first. It would be better to pin Clark down first. Much more fun.
More like Clark insisted that work come first, so Lois is only working because Clark said that they couldn't do anything about their attraction until the case was solved.

It will be a really long night for Clark.
hyper

VirginiaR.
---
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Originally posted by John Lambert:
Good point, he had proved himself when she threw herself at him after the auction among other times.
CLARK: I knew there was a good reason for turning her down that night. Phew.

I think that was what I was referring to. I would say that at first Clark was really worried what she was thinking.
LOIS: You mean, I made Superman sweat? About time!

I have this sinking fear he will try to not tell her he unbuttoned her shirt and kissed her chest. I am hoping he does not try to obscure anything that happened under the perfume, but I just have this fear he might and she will then be mad at him for it. I didn't want to say anything before, but I feel bold enough to voice my fears now.
cool

party we will have over 100 parts.
Yes. Currently writing Part 83 and there's no way this story will be finish by 100, or even 110, after that, we'll have to re-address... but probably not. As I've said before, if I knew how long this story would be I would have broken it up into smaller parts earlier. blush My apologies again.

VirginiaR.
---
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard