Kerth
OP Offline
Kerth
Comments go here.

Corrina. smile

#92268 12/22/12 01:35 PM
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
I love how Lois is figuring out who Clark is just by watching him, and he doesn't even realize it.

I also was surprised that she left him alone at first (ignored him). It's so different from the Lois we know, who doesn't know how to be silent. I love how her silence made him realize how much he wanted and missed her talking. He's so Clark. laugh

The one main assumption that she's made about him, that his broken heart is due to Lana dying, is so wrong, it's sad. clap

VirginiaR.
"On the long road, take small steps." -- Jor-el, "The Foundling"
---
"clearly there is a lack of understanding between those two... he speaks Lunkheadanian and she Stubbornanian" -- chelo.
#92269 12/24/12 06:03 AM
K
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
K
Wonderful Christmas present, Corrina. smile1 And Clark can't resist being drawn to her, even in his most miserable condition. laugh
Looking forward to more. Happy Holidays, Corrina party

KateB
#92270 12/26/12 01:58 PM
J
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
J
Clark has started to speak to Lois. party

I am not sure his staying indefinately with the Bangala will work, in some ways it seems to much a victory for Tempus. Still, he will need to stay here a while to even begin to heal.

Lois is a very good therapist for him. This will be a long process of healing though.

I still interpret "teach him English" as the process of teaching him writing as well as speaking. Anyway, children have to be taught to speak, especially if it is not the common language of a place. At least I see nothing in that phrase to indicate that Diddi is not Lois' natural child.

John Pack Lambert
#92271 12/26/12 04:24 PM
T
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
T
You keep mentioning Diddi and referring to him as Lois' son. Yet you also keep showing us her admiration of Clark's physique. While a married mom might appreciate Clark's male beauty, she seems to be going beyond appreciating and going straight into drooling and tripping on her tongue. If she thought she needed to (which, of course, she doesn't), she'd pull in her stomach and push out her chest whenever he looked at her.

I dunno. Seems like Diddi might be her adopted/foster son, and her husband Matymbou may or may not be cohabiting with her. But if I'm wrong, and Lois is fully wedded to Matymbou and Diddi is her natural son, I can't imagine Lois leaving them, even for Clark. Nor can I imagine them following Lois back to Metropolis. That's quite the conundrum you have going there.

You have many questions you must answer, und you vill answer zem now! Ve haff vays uff making you write!

Actually, we don't, but I think I speak for everyone when I say that we're more than ready for the next installment of this tale.

Life isn't a support system for writing. It's the other way around.

- Stephen King, from On Writing
#92272 12/27/12 04:35 AM
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Yes, Lois seems pretty thoroughly ensconced in the village. Whether she gave birth to him or not, she's Diddi's mom, and I wouldn't want her to abandon him. Doesn't look like she'd even want to go back to "civilization" (though personally, I'd miss indoor plumbing laugh ). So if her marriage is a formality (?), she could stay there with Diddi and Clark -- I mean, Superman could patrol the world from anywhere, really. But of course they've got a long way to go before he'd be even willing to consider such a thing.

Waiting impatiently for the next part... oh, and btw, this part was good <g>

PJ

"You told me you weren't like other men," she said, shaking her head at him when the storm of laughter had passed.
He grinned at her - a goofy, Clark Kent kind of a grin. "I have a gift for understatement."
"You can say that again," she told him.
"I have a...."
"Oh, shut up."

--Stardust, Caroline K
#92273 12/27/12 09:27 AM
Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
You manage to portrait Lois completely different to Canon-Lois yet she is, for me, completely in character.
As always your fic is outstanding! I am really dying to find out where you will go with this.
There are so many problems to be solved before Lois and Clark can get together. Clark has to overcome his broken heart, Lois is exactly what he needs for that to happen, but knowing Lois the road ahead is not going to be smooth... but I'll have to wait and perhaps you/Lois will suprise me. laugh

(I hope what I've written makes any sense at all, I have several exams ahead of me in January and I still have no place for my practical semester and the bachelor-thesis. But your story made me read it and post FDK) peep

Kathryn
#92274 12/27/12 10:07 AM
Top Banana
Top Banana
Developing nicely!

I also find it interesting how you can take these characters, and put them in out-of-character settings, and yet, we still recognize them as our Lois and Clark. Maybe it´s something about soul connections and all that jazz, but whatever it is, it works! thumbsup

Reach for the moon, for even if you fail, you'll still land among the stars... and who knows? Maybe you'll meet Superman along the way. wink
#92275 12/27/12 01:25 PM
Beat Reporter
Online Content
Beat Reporter
I see no reason to believe Lois adopted Diddi, but I also see no particular evidence that Matymbou is his father. We still don't know what happened to Lois before she made it to the Bangala, except that it was frighteningly violent.

#92276 12/28/12 12:35 AM
Pulitzer
Online Content
Pulitzer
I still think Didi is not Lois's natural son, but I'm not really sure. But about her marriage, it doesn't look like a real marriage. We've learned that there are five elders and Matymbou is the chief. So I take it he is one of the elders, maybe the eldest. Her son doesn't live with him (so Lois probably doesn't, too). Therefore I assume he is not his son. And he hasn't come nor will he come to see her or talk to her during the quarantine. It doesn't look like he is worried that his wife will be staying five days alone with a strange man. Besides, Lois is helpless attracted to Clark and isn't feeling guilty about it. It seems like she hasn't felt like a woman in a long time and Clark has awoken her feminine side. wink

"And Sylva said to bring you this oil. She said it's citrus, and sage, and … and a few other things, too."

Lois smiled as she realised Sylva's intention. "Cinnamon? Cedar wood? Lavender?" she guessed.

"Yes. I think she mentioned all of those."

"That's perfect," Lois said, sending silent thanks to Sylva for her suggestion.
Hummm... aren't those scented oils? Wonder what she has in mind. Massage, maybe? hyper

Andreia

"My wife's love is what unites Krypton and Earth in my heart. Without it, without her, I truly would be in hell."

~ Superman: Man of Tomorrow #15
#92277 12/28/12 11:00 AM
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Sorry Christmas chaos has been around. I am still with you. More soon. Laura

Clark: “If we can be born in an instant, and die in an instant, why can’t we fall in love in an instant?”

Caroline's "Stardust"
#92278 01/05/13 06:40 PM
Kerth
OP Offline
Kerth
Time to catch up on some FDK smile

Virginia

Diddi isn't her natural son. If he was, she wouldn't have to "teach him English", because he would have learnt it already from her as her mother, unless -- of course -- she didn't / couldn't speak for the first year of his life.
No comment on the first sentence, but couldn't 'teaching him English' refer to reading and writing?

Kate

Good point - Clark is drawn to Lois. Always!

John

Me, either.
True.
True.
Maybe. Maybe not.

wink

Terry

Ve haff vays uff making you write!
Really? I wish I could find them, 'cause lately, I've been very distracted grumble

Pam

You raise good points about who will end up where. wink

Kathryn

You manage to portrait Lois completely different to Canon-Lois yet she is, for me, completely in character.
Thank you.

I guess it comes down to what is innately Lois and what of her personality has been moulded by her experiences. You can change the moulding, and the results of the moulding, but if you change the core of a character, you risk having an unknown woman with Lois's name. I'm so glad you think it's working. smile

Hope the exams go well!

MM I will say this ... the soul connection was very useful is this fic!

Amy You'll get some answers soon - about Diddi, about Lois and Matymbou's marriage, and about how Lois joined the Bangala.

Ultra Woman

I enjoyed your speculation. Good reasoning. One sentence in particular is the key to unlocking this. wink

Laura

Christmas chaos has been around.
Oh yes. Which is why I've only written one part in the last two weeks. wallbash But Christmas was great, so I can't really complain.

Thanks to everyone for the comments.

Corrina.

#92279 01/05/13 08:16 PM
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
but couldn't 'teaching him English' refer to reading and writing?
Nope, otherwise she would have thought "reading and writing". When thinking to oneself about stuff like that, one usually doesn't think of one's own language. When teaching my son about letters, I don't think of it as "teaching him English", but teaching him the difference between letters and numbers (a fact he constantly confuses). I'm sticking with my original theory. <<I can be as stubborn as Lois and Clark.>>

I don't mean to imply that the mother / child relationship bond is any less due to lack of blood between them. Look how strong it was between Clark and the Kents. laugh

VirginiaR.
"On the long road, take small steps." -- Jor-el, "The Foundling"
---
"clearly there is a lack of understanding between those two... he speaks Lunkheadanian and she Stubbornanian" -- chelo.
#92280 01/05/13 09:02 PM
Kerth
OP Offline
Kerth
Virginia - I think what you say is true in a society where the predominant language is English and that is what the child will learn to speak naturally.

However, Lois is in a society where English is not the predominant language - in fact, it's spoken only by the few people she's close to. English is still her 'own language' but it's not the language Diddi is going to learn at school. Therefore, if she taught him to read and write, I think it's perfectly reasonable that she would think of it as 'teaching him English'.

Corrina.

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard