Lois & Clark Fanfic Message Boards
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
Hack from Nowheresville
OP Offline
Hack from Nowheresville
Oh Wendy, I don't know whether to bawl my eyes out or smile with delight!

When I started reading I was trying to place *when* on Earth this was taking place, cause it sure wasn't our Clark. I had wondered if it was pre Daily Planet. But as soon as you mentioned that Perry was Mayor I realised who it was.

My heart nearly broke as I read this, seeing what he was going through. I can *completely* imagine Alt-Clark in this frame of mind.

When HG Wells appeared with Lois, I had a huge smile on my face. I'm hoping that with 'only' 3 parts there isn't enough time for you put them through a whole load of angst before we get to the happy ending. wink

Can't wait to see how this turns out.

Loriel

"Inappropriate attachment" didn't begin to cover the depth of the feelings Vaughn had for Sydney Bristow.
~Ties That Bind by RJ Anderson~

I ramble at http://www.livejournal.com/~loriel_eris
Columnist
Columnist
I'm looking forward to finding out what happened to Lois. I also think that Wells' logic made a lot of sense as to why he delayed returning Lois to Metropolis after rescuing her.

Looking forward to more,
Irene

I try to take one day at a time, but sometimes several days attack me at once.
Top Banana
Top Banana
Really nice, Wendy.

So richly detailed and descriptive. Can just see altClark in his lonely apartment listening to carolers, church bells. From watching Pel's trailer, and the mood shift, I imagine that from this point things get so much better!

I know that many of us readers have been holding our breaths to see if Yvonne is going to pull a Lois out for her altClark in 'Addicted.' (hoping, hoping...) Which is why I found her delivery *here* so satisfying! Here is one altClark with a chance at a happy, happy ending. (Do whatever you want, Yvonne, no pressure.)

I know this is a 3 part holiday piece- I like that. But was sort of struck by the idea of Lois returning after Clark has married Lana and THEN getting a crush on Superman (who may have been co-created by our Lois) Has that been done? Lots of romantic turmoil and angsty potential with your name written all over it! Keep it in mind, Wendy? (You know...when you find the time.)

CC

You mean we're supposed to have lives?

Oh crap!

~Tank
Kerth
Kerth
Interesting, I don't remember a Christmas fic with AltClark laugh

How will Lois react when she wakes up?

Jose (waiting eagerly laugh )

"Practice up your shielding spells...and remember to duck if you see green light coming your way."

Harry Potter to Wizengamot in OotP trial

A Bad Week in the Wizengamot
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
Wendy,

Yes, the description of how alt-Clark sees Christmas makes so much sense, and is wonderfully written.

His despair is such a necessary prelude to what I hope you'll do quickly, yet gently -- the way I expect from you.

The end of this segment shows a gentleness and kindness that was so lovely.

Bringing love into a life that has been so bleak and lonely, and bringing such a wonderful man into Lois' life takes a softness and concern that is so perfect for a mid-winter's tale.

Can't wait.

Barb.

Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Oh God Wendy only you could come up with this. I always wanted to know what happened when Wells left with Alt Clark. I know other fics have been written about the possibility but this one just seems to click as the most realistic version so far. what a nice Christmas present. I can't wait for he to wake up. Laura

Clark: “If we can be born in an instant, and die in an instant, why can’t we fall in love in an instant?”

Caroline's "Stardust"
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Wow. This is a *terrific* start! Poor Clark, so alone & lonely... and then Herb deus ex machina's onto the scene and all of a sudden, there's hope <g>

I'm dying to know what Lois is going to think when she wakes up, though. Last she knows, I believe, is that she was scrambling through the Congo... and now she wakes up in Metropolis, in winter, in some strange man's *bed* <g> And the strange man is still there!

And forget about it when he tells her it's four years in the future. He'll be lucky if she doesn't call for the guys with the white jackets... for either him or her goofy

PJ

"You told me you weren't like other men," she said, shaking her head at him when the storm of laughter had passed.
He grinned at her - a goofy, Clark Kent kind of a grin. "I have a gift for understatement."
"You can say that again," she told him.
"I have a...."
"Oh, shut up."

--Stardust, Caroline K
Merriwether
Merriwether
Well, now, that's some Christmas present! Wells' explanation cleared up why he didn't bring Lois back before, but why not after the other Lois had shown up? Why the wait then?

Glad to see Lois is back where she should be, though. Can't wait to see her reaction when she wakes up. And to find out it's 4 years later than she thought! Herb didn't happen to explain it to her, did he? Or did he leave that to Clark? eek

"You need me. You wouldn't be much of a hero without a villain. And you do love being the hero, don't you. The cheering children, the swooning women, you love it so much, it's made you my most reliable accomplice." -- Lex Luthor to Superman, Question Authority, Justice League Unlimited
Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
Ohh!! Excellent start! My emotions ranged from wanting to hug poor Clark to wanting to hug Wells for bringing Clark his Lois.

Now let's just hope that Lois doesn't want to slug Clark when she wakes up.

More soon!

Missy

Pulitzer
Pulitzer
But was sort of struck by the idea of Lois returning after Clark has married Lana and THEN getting a crush on Superman (who may have been co-created by our Lois) Has that been done?
It's not quite the same thing, but this did remind me a smidge of In Any Universe by Pam Jernigan...Lois never went to the Congo, and Clark shows up with his fiancee, Lana. It's worth a read.

Now let's just hope that Lois doesn't want to slug Clark when she wakes up.
Oy, no kidding. That was my first thought when I finished!

Looking forward to more!
Jen

"Meg...who let you back in the house?" -Family Guy
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
Well, Wendy, I don't have much to add to the comments others have made. smile

I do want to point you to one little thing I found a little disturbing:
...tbc
That's it? No posting schedule so we'll know when to nag...hu-hmmm... ancourage you to post?????

You help now that she's addicted to two fabulous stories)

"I get it, you're a ghost. You're dead. Big accomplishment, move on. You see a light anywhere? Go towards it okay?"

Cordelia in 'Rm w/a Vu' - Angel episode 1x05
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
But was sort of struck by the idea of Lois returning after Clark has married Lana and THEN getting a crush on Superman (who may have been co-created by our Lois) Has that been done?
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

It's not quite the same thing, but this did remind me a smidge of In Any Universe by Pam Jernigan...Lois never went to the Congo, and Clark shows up with his fiancee, Lana. It's worth a read.
Thanks for the mention! smile Actually, ML Thompson's "The Other Woman" might be a closer match. Though I'm not certain there's ever been a story in which Clark is both Superman and married to Lana. The two seem somewhat mutually exclusive...

PJ

"You told me you weren't like other men," she said, shaking her head at him when the storm of laughter had passed.
He grinned at her - a goofy, Clark Kent kind of a grin. "I have a gift for understatement."
"You can say that again," she told him.
"I have a...."
"Oh, shut up."

--Stardust, Caroline K
Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
OH this just marvelous so far!! What a great holiday treat for us spoiled Folcs, a KathyB story about to end and a Wendy story just beginning.

Your descriptions were so rich! I've never thought of Christmas for alt-Clark before, and this was so poignant and clear.

More soon!!

Top Banana
Top Banana
I should thank the lurkers and the non-lurkers who have pointed the above stories out to me.

And I get what you're saying, Pam, about the mutually exclusive thing....But...what if altClark has already married Lana when our Lois lands in his universe, turns him into Superman, creates a strain on an already strained marriage, and THEN alt Lois returns...whew. Tell me Wendy couldn't mess with our heads for atleast 20 parts with that set-up.

Not trying to hijack your thread, Wendy. Back to the current topic. Love your holiday story- not trying to change it! Just maybe after the new year when things get quiet here...?

CC (really, really finished with this idea, I swear it.)

You mean we're supposed to have lives?

Oh crap!

~Tank
Top Banana
Top Banana
I'm loving this so far, Wendy, and look forward to more. Sorry not to have more time to leave comments here or for other fantastic story(part)s I've read lately. But this is quite unique and I love it. smile

Just one thing I'm wondering about. As Lois is so thin... Clark will remember to give her something to eat, right? /me imagines Lois going into a difficult conversation with Clark without getting food first... Clark may have a very hard time with her! Not that I suspect him to have an easy time telling her anyway, it's still a WendyFic. wink

Saskia

I tawt I taw a puddy cat!
N
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
N
Whew! Out of the gate fast! Now that's an opening! Boy, poor Alt-Clark is really getting a character rewrite this season. Bah-humbug indeed. It figures this came about with Yvonne...just look at what she's done to the poor guy! wink

I love the way there's something about Lois in name or face that will just stop him on a dime and turn his whole focus towards her. Well done.

Looking forward to more (right now please)....

Sherry

Visit www.marykay.com/sfmurphy for wonderful cosmetic products and an opportunity to enrich the lives of women.
Top Banana
Top Banana
/me has a dopey smile on my face

I can't wait for the next part!
Well written, as always, Wendy! laugh

Julie smile

Mulder: Imagine if you could come back and take out five people who had caused you to suffer. Who would they be?
Scully: I only get five?
Mulder: I remembered your birthday this year, didn't I, Scully?

(The X-Files)
Freelance Reporter
Freelance Reporter
Ladies and gentlemen, Wendy proudly presents.... *drumroll*.... Clark the Scrooge! smile

This is a Christmas story, so I'd expect a happy ending. However, I can't exactly see how alt-Lois can go from an obsessed-with-work, almost-fatally-injured, practically-a-spinster reporter, to the warm and loving woman/reporter/partner that alt-Clark hopes to marry in 2 instalments. Getting to know Clark "Superman" Kent (a virtual stranger), recovering from injuries, resolving trust-in-men issues, and catching up on 4 years, etc. Unless you're talking about 2 very long instalments laugh

About the 4 years bit, I find it a little mind-boggling, because it is not as though alt-Lois went missing for 4 years and was found by H.G Wells. If it was so, we could say she lost 4 years. In this case, she was brought forward in time, so she's physically younger than what she really ought to be, if you get my drift. smile So she hasn't really lost anything. Alt-Clark may feel as though there is lost time to make up for, but there really isn't. At least, not when alt-Lois is concerned.

But I'm rambling nonsense. Seriously, I'm looking forward to the rest of the story. Nice work, Wendy!

--meclone2--

Ren Offline
Blogger
Blogger
Oh wow, Wendy...that was a beautiful beginning. The only thing that I think is sad, is that it is only a short story. whinging A beginning like this could make also a great longer story.

But I'm trying not to complain. wink It's a wonderful start to what seems to be a wonderful story, and I can't wait to read more, especially about what happens when Lois wakes up. smile

Ren

Top Banana
Top Banana
goofy )

- I'm your partner. I'm your friend.
- Is that what we are?
- Oh, you know what? I don't know what we are. We kiss and then we never talk about it. We nearly die frozen in each other's arms, but we never talk about it, so no, I got no clue what we are.

~ Rick Castle and Kate Beckett ~ Knockout ~
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard