Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#92005 12/14/12 12:27 PM
Kerth
OP Offline
Kerth
Comments go here.

Thanks again to my two wonderful BRs - Iolanthe and Lynn.

Corrina.

#92006 12/14/12 02:13 PM
Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
Poor Clark! Lana has really ripped out his heart and torn it into pieces before burning them. Please have Lois pull him into a big hug and let her soothe his pain. mecry
You have me hooked. notworthy Really great story!

Kathryn
#92007 12/14/12 04:31 PM
J
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
J
Clark spoke. smile1 smile1

Lois knows that Clark knows English. smile1 She understands that he is in very, very deep pain. smile1

The big question, how did Lois win so many journalism awards without realizing how absolutely evil some people are? No matter who the main is there are some people who will dessert him.

I have to say this is probably the worst Lana we have ever seen. At some level she seems not as bad as crazy Lana who tried to frame Clark for a muder, but what she has done to Clark is more emotionally painful and more cutting and more hurtful.

eek at how horrendous and hurtful she is.

I really hope Lois can figure out a way to help and treat Clark. It will be very hard. At least he realizes that she is responding in a caring and loving way that Lana never did.

Well, I have to say I am glad at the progress. Now Lois knows what situation Clark is in. Hopefully she can get him to give up and really talk to her in the morning.

I have to admit this is the first story where I have hoped Clark does not soon recover from Kryptonite poisoning. The longer he is physically weak, the better chance he has to emotionally recover.

John Pack Lambert
#92008 12/14/12 05:16 PM
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Hi Corrina,

I always enjoy your stories. This one has me intrigued.

You will probably be addressing this later and I'm sorry if I'm jumping the gun but I would like to know just why Lois stayed. The Lois we all know and love would have stolen a canoe or built a raft and floated down river to get back to civilization. She would never have been content to set up housekeeping in the Congalese jungle.

Help me out here.

Herb replied, “My boy, I never say … impossible.” "Lois and Clarks"

My stories can be found here

kj
#92009 12/15/12 01:27 AM
Top Banana
Top Banana
Mr Miracle had a story. She would never be able to write it, but that hadn't diluted her need to uncover it.
Her instinct to uncover what is hidden is definitely got to be one of the things that will keep them together initially.

And she knows he knows English! She has seen a bit more of the picture.... can't wait for her to start prodding Clark for more.

Excellent read, as always! Anxiously awaiting the next part! smile1

Reach for the moon, for even if you fail, you'll still land among the stars... and who knows? Maybe you'll meet Superman along the way. wink
#92010 12/15/12 01:28 AM
Top Banana
Top Banana
Mr Miracle had a story. She would never be able to write it, but that hadn't diluted her need to uncover it.
Her instinct to uncover what is hidden is definitely got to be one of the things that will keep them together initially.

And she knows he knows English! She has seen a bit more of the picture.... can't wait for her to start prodding Clark for more.

Excellent read, as always! Anxiously awaiting the next part! smile1

Reach for the moon, for even if you fail, you'll still land among the stars... and who knows? Maybe you'll meet Superman along the way. wink
#92011 12/15/12 11:09 AM
Top Banana
Top Banana
This is as depressed a Clark as I’ve ever seen. Lana’s betrayal hit him incredibly hard.

I was glad for this:
Why hadn't he communicated with her? Asked questions? Given information? Helped her assess his injuries?

Why had he steadfastly ignored her efforts to interact with him?

Because of the overwhelming magnitude of his grief, Lois surmised.

Earlier today, she'd though he was in danger of dying from his injuries. Now, she realised he was in much greater danger of dying from a broken heart.

Losing hope. Giving up. Drowning in sorrow.

Mr Miracle didn't need a medicine woman to treat his body. He needed a friend to help him emerge from his heartache.

Sylva's medicines and treatments had done their job. Now, Lois needed a different strategy.

Fired with new purpose, she rolled over, wriggled into a comfortable position, and set her mind to work.
Now Lois knows what she’s dealing with.

Also, everything we’ve seen so far points to a Lois who has been substantially changed by her African experience. This Lois is a healer and a mother. It occurs to me that in a way, Lois did die. This person is not anything at all like the hard-edged city-girl that our regular Clark met in Metropolis.

Bob

#92012 12/15/12 12:47 PM
Merriwether
Merriwether
Lois Lane had never been able to accept an unresolved mystery.
Neither do most fanfic readers, at least when they are reading a story as captivating as this one. wink Fortunately, we have your brilliant writing and plotting to keep us satisfied while the story unfolds. smile1

I love how you have Lois talk to Clark, letting us in on some of the details we've been wondering about. And I especially enjoyed the way you have Clark speak for the first time and reveal that he indeed knows English. Nicely done. smile

More, please. smile

Kathy

#92013 12/16/12 08:23 AM
K
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
K
Great part Corrina. clap Now Lois knows, that her patient speaks English and is planning to help him with his real issues. Clark is seriously damaged, but at least he's stopped seeing Lois as a threat. Please, more soon. grovel

KateB
#92014 12/17/12 05:36 AM
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Wow, your Lana is a stone-cold bitch.

I know I should stop reading this in installments because the tension will drive me crazy, but I'm hanging in so far smile Fascinating world you've created here.

PJ

"You told me you weren't like other men," she said, shaking her head at him when the storm of laughter had passed.
He grinned at her - a goofy, Clark Kent kind of a grin. "I have a gift for understatement."
"You can say that again," she told him.
"I have a...."
"Oh, shut up."

--Stardust, Caroline K
#92015 12/17/12 09:41 AM
C
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
C
Fantastic part once again. I'm curious who the father of Lana's baby is. Please don't let it be Tempus.

"You're better at this than I thought," she told him.
"At what?" Clark looked up at her quizzically.
"Dissembling."
"You didn't think I could lie?"
~ Sue s. FB
#92016 12/18/12 12:23 PM
Kerth
OP Offline
Kerth
Kathryn Great to hear from you, Kathryn!

Yes, Clark is hurting, and he doesn't even have M&J to help. But he's with Lois, so twins

John Glad you liked the progress.

The big question, how did Lois win so many journalism awards without realizing how absolutely evil some people are? No matter who the main is there are some people who will dessert him.
Interesting point. Remember, she comes from the violent alt-world. She has already discerned that Clark is a good man. She's assuming he had the sense to marry a good woman, and that that woman would have realised how wonderful Clark was, compared with much of the rest of society.

Ken

You will probably be addressing this later and I'm sorry if I'm jumping the gun but I would like to know just why Lois stayed. The Lois we all know and love would have stolen a canoe or built a raft and floated down river to get back to civilization.
The key word is 'civilisation'. From what we saw of the alt-world, it wasn't very civilised at all. Being a reporter, Lois would have seen and written about much of the violence and evil. There was no Clark or Superman in her world. Are you sure she would want to go back?

As you said, more will follow smile

MM The 'prodding' might be a little different to what you're imagining. wink

Bob

This is as depressed a Clark as I’ve ever seen. Lana’s betrayal hit him incredibly hard.
Because Clark felt that Lana was *all* he had. His parents are dead. The alt-society isn't conducive to friendship and loyalty. And he's never met Lois.

Also, everything we’ve seen so far points to a Lois who has been substantially changed by her African experience.
We never saw alt-Lois. I agree this Lois has been changed by her African experiences, but couldn't she also have been changed by living in the alt-world?

Kathy Lois needing to talk certainly helped me out here. smile

Kate A few words from Clark, and Lois understands his *real* needs. That's part medicine woman and part soul-mate!

Pam Sorry about driving you crazy! I'm only managing to write one part a week, so that's all I can post. Thanks for hanging in there.

chickberry The father of Lana's child - you won't know for quite a while.

Thanks to everyone for the FDK! I appreciate your interest and thoughts.

Corrina.

#92017 03/20/13 02:51 PM
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
Hi! finally I dared to write you a post.
Let me tell you something: your work is amazing! I've been reading several fics (Aussie rules, Accused, One small detail and right now, Once bitten) and my sleep hours have been reduced at zero.. hahahaha!! I just can't stop reading!! Now, I'm officially a Ln'C Fanfic addict.javascript:void(0)

Thanks for all your work, I'm new at Fanfics and my native language isn't English, so I apreciate your patience when you read my posts.

Greetings from Mx!! clap

Clark: "So what are you saying? I should go crawling back on my hands and knees?"
Martha: "No, honey. Fly back. It's faster!!"
#92018 03/20/13 05:02 PM
Kerth
OP Offline
Kerth
Chelo - thanks so much for de-lurking and leaving such kind words. I'm so glad you enjoy my stories.

If you are new to fanfiction, you might not have discovered the Lois and Clark fanfic archive which is full of stories guaranteed to steal your sleep. smile

Corrina.

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard