Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Wrong Place, Wrong Time, Wrong Clark TOC can be found Here

I apologize to all of you with whiplash. evil

I would love to hear your thoughts.

Last edited by VirginiaR; 05/16/14 01:09 PM. Reason: Added Link

VirginiaR.
"On the long road, take small steps." -- Jor-el, "The Foundling"
---
"clearly there is a lack of understanding between those two... he speaks Lunkheadanian and she Stubbornanian" -- chelo.
S
Merriwether
Merriwether
S
This made me laugh!

Damn G-rated imagination.
I especially liked this concept:

One thing traveling to this dimension had taught him was that Lois Lane wasn’t interchangeable with any other Lois Lane. Their core personality traits might be the same, but in general, they were very different. They were each individuals, with different likes and dislikes, just as he wasn’t interchangeable with other Clarks.
And what is going on here???

Stunned, Clark couldn’t do more than watch the man speed through the forest silently. When he had x-rayed through the Jaguar’s mask, he had seen his own face, looking back at him.
Another Clark traveling from another dimension?

Joan

C
Top Banana
Top Banana
C
“Clark,” Lois asked, completely ignoring his earlier greeting. “What’s upstairs?” She pointed up at the little room at the top of the spiral staircase protruding through the middle of his bedroom.
“Oh,” she said in that tone of voice she used when she didn’t want him to think she was interested in learning more, but she really did. “Is it like your man-cave, your fortress of solitude?”
Nope, his fortress is in the Arctic.

“Superman helped you move furniture?” she asked, suddenly tossing away her veil of uninterested inquiry.

He shrugged, not wanting to say more and knowing he had already said too much.
Now she's going ot be begging Clark to get Superman to help her move I can just see it...

Lois: *gazing dreamily at Superman's behind*
Superman: Is this where you wanted the sofa?
Lois: *not really paying attention to what he's saying* uh uh.

She sighed. “In a way, politicians are the opposite of Superman.”

“How so?” Clark asked warily.
And off to a side-tangent. Wish I knew what Lois was getting at here. Or perhaps, it's just random small talk.

How had they gotten onto this topic of politicians anyway?
So I'm not the only one going "Huh???" whinging

Unable to stop himself, he ran his fingers down the red marks on her throat. He had cut it excessively close. “Clark doesn’t have telepathic abilities,” Superman said softly.
Aarre.. yyouuuu... ssuuuuuureee about that?

Stunned, Clark couldn’t do more than watch the man speed through the forest silently. When he had x-rayed through the Jaguar’s mask, he had seen his own face, looking back at him.
*gasp* Kal-El/Clark of this uni!!! That was a twist I didn't expect! I wonder what that means for Lois? We know (or at least suspect) what that means for Clark. I'm so sad for him but intrigued as well.

CLARK: No. I'm just worried I'm a jinx.
JONATHAN: A jinx?
CLARK: Yeah. Let's face it, ever since she's known me, Lois's been kidnapped, frozen, pushed off buildings, almost stabbed, poisoned, buried alive and who knows what else, and it's all because of me.
-"Contact" (You're not her jinx, you're her blessing.)
J
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
J
Clark felt Lois move and shift beside him. He was still half-sitting, half-lying on his bed with Lois snuggled up against his chest. He hadn’t meant to fall asleep. There was just something about Lois that relaxed him.
I am still surprised he fell asleep

He could tell that she was awake, but she hadn’t moved away from him nor was she looking at him. She appeared to be gazing upwards.
smile1 she is okay with him holding her.

“Good morning,” he said, kissing the top of her head. He hadn’t meant to; it was more a natural reflex.
Oh no, she is going to go ballistic on him.

She stiffened a moment and then relaxed.
smile1 he kissed her and she did not go mad.

Lois: I wish he had kissed me on the lips. No, wait, you didn't hear anything. I didn't say that. No, I do not wish that. Not at all.

John Pack Lambert
J
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
J
Clark knew he shouldn’t be in bed with Lois.
Lois: I begged you to be here, and it is not like we did what I really wanted to. I mean, it is not like we did what is normally implied by "being in bed together", which is not at all what I wanted. I did not want to put my lips to your wonderful lips. Not at all. Or connect my body to any other wonderul parts of your body. The thought never crossed my mind.

He knew he shouldn’t be anywhere near her, let alone touching her, holding her, cuddling with her, or kissing her. He was only asking for double the heartache coming two months down the road, when he had to give her back to her own Clark. He should move his arm away from her shoulder and slip out of bed with a reasonable excuse, as in he needed to use the bathroom, or they should get ready for work, or make breakfast, or check out that morning’s Daily Planet. They were all logical, perfectly plausible reasons to get out of bed.
But not enough for him to give up building up his reserve for the future.

The fact of the matter was that Clark didn’t want to move. If he could stay in bed with Lois for the rest of the day, week, next two months, and just hold her the way he was at that very moment, he wouldn’t hesitate in which option he would choose.
I have to say I hope Mr. Wells does not figure out a solution.

She was quiet a moment in thought. “How did you get the loveseat and table up that staircase by yourself? Did you say bookcases?”
smile1 Now he can tell her he is SM. Okay, I doubt he will, but I hope he will.

“The bookcases are built-in, and I happen to know someone with super strength who flies,” he explained. Namely himself.
Well, he is being truthful, just obscure.

“Do you think he’d help me?”
Clark: If you were moving in with him. I mean, maybe, I don't know.

Clark had no idea from where he could have possibly gotten that theory.
I thought the theory involed here was Lois's, so shouldn't it say "she"?

“Superman stands for truth, a beacon of honesty,” she said, nudging him. “You could take a page out of his rulebook yourself.”
clap

“Very funny,” he said dryly, not amused. His guilt on the subject was already at full.
Just tell her, Clark.

“Right, of course, sorry,”
dance he has rubbed off on her enough that now she is apologizing.

she sputtered as if she had forgotten that the man, in whose bed she was laying, was also her partner at the Planet.
Well, since she does not sleep with her co-workers forgetting that fact is the easiest way to avoid facing up to the fact she is again breaking rule #3.

Lois: I did not sleep with Clark.

Reader: Yes you did, and you are still in bed with him.

Lois: We did not sleep together.

Reader: You were both asleep.

Lois: But that is not what the rule was referring to. We did not "sleep together" in the way the rule means.

Reader: OK, Lois, we will grant you that.

“Deal,” he said with a grin. It was a rare win against his partner, and he planned to relish in it, not at the moment, when it would cause Lois to kick him – literally – out of the bed, but later in private.
Clark, just enjoy the feeling of being in bed with Lois for now.

They still hadn’t covered how politicians killed people, the opposite of Superman’s ‘do not kill’ credo, but Clark already had one win under his belt for the moment and was willing to save that win for another time. How had they gotten onto this topic of politicians anyway? He thought back through their conversation. “So you want to ask Superman to help you move furniture? Is it heavy furniture? Because I’m no lightweight myself.”
And he can do it out of the suit even if it is really heavy. As long as only Lois is watching.

Lois sighed, giving in to his curiosity. “Last night’s bad dream, and another one I had recently, kind of cemented the idea in my head. It’s long past due.”

“What?”

“It’s time I bought a comfy couch, like yours,” she admitted.
Clark: Or you could just move in here.

Clark hadn’t thought the previous few nights as “ruined” in the least.
Lois: Clark, having you in bed was not bad. But the fear, and nightmares, those were too much.

“Maybe you should start leaving one here,” he said casually, sliding his feet off the bed.

She slapped her forehead. “I do have a change of clothes. The ones I brought here yesterday.”

So much for his suggestion.
I am sure that after she pulls that stunt, she will leave a change of clothes at Clark's place to avoid people in the planet knowing when she stayed at his place.

“Well, yes, but I had brought more than one change of work clothes. You know, in case I changed my mind. I left it in the car,”
Oh, I guess her plan was different than I thought.

she said, and then batted her eyelashes demurely. “Claaaaark?”
Clark: You don't actually have to bat your eyelashes to get me to do what you want.

Lois: Don't tell me that, or I might stop, and you much prefer seeing me do it.

John Pack Lambert
J
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
J
As soon as the bathroom door shut behind Clark, Lois jumped out of bed. She pulled on his robe and started up the spiral staircase. Of course, this was the perfect place for him to hide anything about his past.
Except most of the stuff about his past is hidden back in the other dimension, so I doubt she will find anything useful.

What was she thinking? Nothing like Superman.
Oh, I was so hoping she would realize the truth.

Her jaw dropped. She knew that he spoke many languages, but he could read in them as well? She shook her head. Unless… they were just decoys. Maybe they weren’t really books, but had stuff hidden inside. She picked up a book and flipped through it.

Harrumph. It was a book.
Why would he put decoy books up in a loft where people would be unlikely to go?

his lava lamp. What was that doing up there?
He gave up any hope of making love by magma lamp light.

She tiptoed over to the edge of the loft and looked down at an emerald green towel clad Clark. She had hoped that his hair would be wet and rumpled, but he had already styled it. He hadn’t taken long in the bathroom at all.
Oh, I was hoping he would come up with it plastered down with water.

“Well, the bathroom is free, and I’m going to start changing, so unless you want to stand there and watch…”

He wouldn’t dare! She crossed her arms and called his bluff.
smile1 clap Now we see what happens.

With a shrug, Clark bent down and straightened the comforter covering his bed. Next, he went to his side table, removed a pair of briefs and some socks, and tossed them on the bed. Then he went to his armoire and removed a suit, shirt, and tie. She watched as he gave her one last glance, before he went to unfasten his towel from around his hips.
Now who will win this game of chicken.

Lois: Whatever happens I win.

Clark: How can you be sure.

Lois: If you back down, I win. If you take off the towel, I win. Anyway I win.

Clark: I should have known.

“Lois, Lex here,” drawled Luthor’s annoying voice.
What, I don't remember Luthor in this episode. You arn't supposed to sneak him in extra episodes. We protest.

We also would protest Lois scheduling a New Year's Eve activity with Luthor, but it is unclear what it is, so we will hold out on that.

“I’m sorry about that, Lex. Thanks for the offer, but I don’t need another protector at the moment. I’m fine. As for New Year’s Eve, everyone at the City Desk is helping cover New Year’s parties,” Clark heard Lois explain to Luthor, and felt better about heading out.
Well, this sounds slightly better. Still, I wish Clark would trust Lois more.

Then he had to check up on her while she was in the bathroom, in able to retrieve his uniform, from its secret compartment behind his armoire, without her observing him. It wasn’t an ogle.
Keep telling yourself that Clark. Also "the bathroom, in able to retrive his uniform" line i think is missing something. It does not make sense to me as is.

He had enjoyed their little game of one-up-manship that morning, and the fact that he had won. He was glad she caved. He would have stepped out of view before taking off his towel and putting on his briefs, but the last thing he wanted was to reveal to her that he was Superman by catching her falling from his loft because she had to crane to see him naked.
Oh, but that would be such a fun story.

Superman would save her true Clark, and she would no longer remember him, this other Clark, but he would always remember her.
Wait, since he knows that Lois remembers her life with true Clark, why does he assume she will not remember her life with him?

they could never have a relationship more than friendship.
What if he develops a new secret identity?

Moreover, it wasn’t fair to that Lois. Clark was in love with this Lois, he wanted this Lois, and he knew he would only see her when he looked at the Lois from his dimension.
I have to admit I hope Wells fails. I know I should not hope that. I know I should be rooting for him to save baby-Clark, but I can't.

He can’t imagine it making his nightmare life back in his home dimension any easier.
Now you are switching tenses on us.

One thing traveling to this dimension had taught him was that Lois Lane wasn’t interchangeable with any other Lois Lane. Their core personality traits might be the same, but in general, they were very different. They were each individuals, with different likes and dislikes, just as he wasn’t interchangeable with other Clarks.
How exactly has he learned this? This Lois seems very similar to canon-Lois. The differences seem more to her lack of exposure to Clark than anything else. This seems to be a conclusion built on ignorance.

“Shots fired at the Daily Planet. Any available unit in the area respond,” crackled a passing police radio.
Clark: Of course, when I leave they start a shootout there.

He didn’t like that Lois was ordering him about, telling Superman what to do, but perhaps he should defer to her this one time to save the rainforests and all.
Plus, he keeps ordering her. He needs to give an example of following orders if he ever wants them to work on her.

“Superman, wait!” Lois called, tossing the gun to Jimmy and chasing after Superman. She set a hand on his arm, stopping him outside the storage room door. “Could you do me a favor and not tell Clark?”
SM: That is impossible. I am Clark.

Superman raised a brow. That would be difficult promise to keep.
As in impossible.

“Well, whatever it is that he has that enables him to contact you on my behalf,” she said, stepping closer to him instead of away. “Clark worries about me. If he knew how close Trevino had gotten, he’d never forgive himself for leaving nor give me a moment’s peace again.”
Why is he still here when there is not time to take Trevino to 12th precinct?

“Well, Clark did go a bit overboard with this whole bodyguarding job,” Lois said with a slight shrug. “But no; on average, his attention is sweet. I like that he cares… that someone cares.”

“I care,” he whispered.
Clark needs to just tell her. He is constantly shooting himself in the foot trying to pretend to be two people and to get Lois to fall for the less powerful, less good, less amazing one of the two.

“Superman!” the foreman exclaimed, continuing in Portuguese. “The Jaguar is in the forest. He has sabotaged our equipment. We aren’t able to continue our job. You must capture him. He is a pest that has bothered us since we have arrived.”

Clark wondered how one wildcat could sabotage such a large operation.
My guess is "the Jaguar" is not a cat but a super-being of some sort. The capitalization seems to indicate it is not just a normal cat. Of course, even Clark cannot see capitalization in speech, at least I never knew that to be one of his superpowers.

This Jaguar person seemed like another natural resource of the rainforest that needed protecting.
So, Clark did not have to go to Brazil at all. He could have stayed in Metropolis and taken Lois in his arms.

On the edge of the forest, Clark could see, with his enhanced night vision, an outline of man, hiding in the shadows.
Maybe he will be needed afterall.

“You are littering,” a voice from the forest informed him in English with the lilting accent of man who had learned the language in school.
I think it should be "of a man who".

“You are still littering. Now space and not Terra… uh… Eartha… Earth,” the voice continued.
SM: Give me a break, there is plenty of room in space, and no people.

If Superman brought to justice all those who trespassed against the law, Lois and himself would already have had plenty of charges brought upon them by the city of Metropolis.
So very true, especially for Lois.

What? shock Now I really am confused about what is going on.

John Pack Lambert
J
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
J
I will put in a guess of who "The Jaguar" is. I am only vaguely suspecting that I am right, but it works.

From "Soul Mates" we learn that not only does Clark have multiple incarnations, but they all look essentially alike. Well, when baby Clark died, his soul moved on to its next life.

The Jaguar is this universes' Clark's next incarnation.

My other thought is that the mask has magical powers that mess with Superman's x-ray vision and obscure the truth of the wearer.

John Pack Lambert
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Joan: Always happy to make someone laugh. smile1

I especially liked this concept: <<The Clarks and Loises are different and not interchangeible>>
Well, that is a bit of an inside joke, being that she IS the same woman, but my alt-Clark stories tend to focus on how they are similar but different aspects of the same souls.

And what is going on here??? <<Superman meets the Jaguar>>
[Linked Image] hard at work?

Another Clark traveling from another dimension?
clap Interesting theory. Clark will voice his concerns and thoughts on this topic in Part 68.

VirginiaR.
---
"clearly there is a lack of understanding between those two... he speaks Lunkheadanian and she Stubbornanian" -- chelo.
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Christina: wave
Nope, his fortress is in the Arctic.
Only in comics canon. This LnC canon, he has a treehouse. This Clark didn't get one of those.

Now she's going ot be begging Clark to get Superman to help her move I can just see it...

Lois: *gazing dreamily at Superman's behind*
Superman: Is this where you wanted the sofa?
Lois: *not really paying attention to what he's saying* uh uh.
clap

And off to a side-tangent. Wish I knew what Lois was getting at here. Or perhaps, it's just random small talk.
Sorry, wrote this around the time of the election. :rolleyes: Gives her a good excuse to lie in bed and cuddle though, doesn't it? wink

So I'm not the only one going "Huh???"
Nope, but Clark isn't complaining.

And this one would go much differently from the one above.

Lois: Ok, put that over there. No, not there! (she points to a spot only a half foot the other way) there!
Clark: *fake staggers under the weight of the sofa* Goodness.
Lois: Honestly Clark, why did you even try to carry the whole thing up yourself? Are you trying to kill your back?
evil Interesting theory. Thanks for reading and letting me know your thoughts. [Linked Image]

VirginiaR.
---
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
John: Thanks for long FDK! hyper
I am still surprised he fell asleep
Being around Lois relaxes him.

she is okay with him holding her.
She's the one who cuddled up to him the night before.

Oh no, she is going to go ballistic on him.
I love to make my Readers cringe. hyper You *know* where Superman lives? <<slugs him>> Why didn't you tell me?!

I thought the theory involed here was Lois's, so shouldn't it say "she"?
She correctly guessed that had been what he had been thinking, hence "his" theory.

Just tell her, Clark.
CLARK: I'll just enjoy my cuddle, thank you very much.

he has rubbed off on her enough that now she is apologizing.
CLARK: laugh

Well, since she does not sleep with her co-workers forgetting that fact is the easiest way to avoid facing up to the fact she is again breaking rule #3.

Lois: I did not sleep with Clark.

Reader: Yes you did, and you are still in bed with him.

Lois: We did not sleep together.

Reader: You were both asleep.

Lois: But that is not what the rule was referring to. We did not "sleep together" in the way the rule means.

Reader: OK, Lois, we will grant you that.
clap LOIS: <<fist pump>> I win!

Clark, just enjoy the feeling of being in bed with Lois for now.
CLARK: [Linked Image]

And he can do it out of the suit even if it is really heavy. As long as only Lois is watching.
LOIS: Clark is more than capible of moving my furnature naked if he wants to.

CLARK: What?

LOIS: What? What? That isn't what John meant by 'out of the suit'? What did he mean then?

CLARK: Er... uh... um... business suit?

LOIS: Oh. blush

Clark: Or you could just move in here.
Like that won't pose him problems two months later.

Lois: Clark, having you in bed was not bad. But the fear, and nightmares, those were too much.
CLARK: I didn't mind the nightmare much.

I am sure that after she pulls that stunt, she will leave a change of clothes at Clark's place to avoid people in the planet knowing when she stayed at his place.
Stunt?

Oh, I guess her plan was different than I thought.
CLARK: She's more than welcome to forget clothes whenever she comes to my apartment.

LOIS: What?

CLARK: Um... er... That didn't sound the same outloud as it did in my head.

LOIS: Uh-huh.

Clark: You don't actually have to bat your eyelashes to get me to do what you want.

Lois: Don't tell me that, or I might stop, and you much prefer seeing me do it.
Don't worry, he'll get more than enough of it in the future. laugh

Except most of the stuff about his past is hidden back in the other dimension, so I doubt she will find anything useful.
It doesn't make the search less fun though.

Oh, I was so hoping she would realize the truth.
That would be too easy.

Why would he put decoy books up in a loft where people would be unlikely to go?
Better than hiding them out in plain sight?

He gave up any hope of making love by magma lamp light.
CLARK: clap

What, I don't remember Luthor in this episode. You arn't supposed to sneak him in extra episodes. We protest.
He didn't. This is new. Actually, per an author's note on tonight's part, this upcoming part is loosely (very loosely) based on my Jolly St. Clark story from last year's Christmas, which had originally been written for this story before I altered it for canon. In that story, Lex invites Lois out for New Year's. I'm removing other Lex scenes, does that count?

We also would protest Lois scheduling a New Year's Eve activity with Luthor, but it is unclear what it is, so we will hold out on that.
Don't worry, Lex will let Lois know what the date consisted of.

VirginiaR.
---
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
-- Response to John's FDK - Cont. --

Well, this sounds slightly better. Still, I wish Clark would trust Lois more.
The last woman Clark trusted (Lana) dumped him when he wanted to be the best he could be (Superman) and then sued him when he "allowed" her to be kidnapped. Trust isn't exactly easy for him.

Keep telling yourself that Clark.
LOIS: See, I'm not the only one to protest too much.

Also "the bathroom, in able to retrive his uniform" line i think is missing something. It does not make sense to me as is
Thanks, I've altered the line.

Oh, but that would be such a fun story.
I have found many a good place in this story for revalations, but alas it's too early.

Wait, since he knows that Lois remembers her life with true Clark, why does he assume she will not remember her life with him?
HERB: It is my theory since that is their true path, their true timeline, putting them back on it would erase all these others like they never happened.

What if he develops a new secret identity?
Why stay in the dimension where there's a Lois, but she's in love with her Clark? He'd feel like a third wheel.

I have to admit I hope Wells fails. I know I should not hope that. I know I should be rooting for him to save baby-Clark, but I can't.
cool

Now you are switching tenses on us.
Thanks. blush

How exactly has he learned this? This Lois seems very similar to canon-Lois. The differences seem more to her lack of exposure to Clark than anything else. This seems to be a conclusion built on ignorance.
Well, he doesn't know that. Most hypothesis are built on ignorance. Theories come with discovering the truth.

Clark: Of course, when I leave they start a shootout there.
clap

Plus, he keeps ordering her. He needs to give an example of following orders if he ever wants them to work on her.
CLARK: Superman works alone.

LOIS: Now, we all know why.

SM: That is impossible. I am Clark.
Too easy. He values his secrecy more than that.

As in impossible.
HERB: I hate that word.

Why is he still here when there is not time to take Trevino to 12th precinct?
Because Lois stopped him? <<bats eyelashes innocently>>

Clark needs to just tell her. He is constantly shooting himself in the foot trying to pretend to be two people and to get Lois to fall for the less powerful, less good, less amazing one of the two.
CLARK: So, I should just let her fall for Superman?

LOIS: Hello? Standing right here. Don't I get a say?

CLARK: No. I make all the important decisions in your love life.

LOIS: No, you don't.

CLARK: Actually, I do.

LOIS: [Linked Image]

My guess is "the Jaguar" is not a cat but a super-being of some sort. The capitalization seems to indicate it is not just a normal cat. Of course, even Clark cannot see capitalization in speech, at least I never knew that to be one of his superpowers.
Yes, Clark cannot read other people's dialogue in word format. He can only "read" the context.

So, Clark did not have to go to Brazil at all. He could have stayed in Metropolis and taken Lois in his arms.
That was my original idea for this part. laugh

Maybe he will be needed afterall.
CLARK: I'm always needed, even if I never use any of my powers.

I think it should be "of a man who".
Oooops! Thanks.

SM: Give me a break, there is plenty of room in space, and no people.
That's what people used to think of the lakes and oceans.

So very true, especially for Lois.
[Linked Image]

What? clap

</font><blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><hr /><font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">My other thought is that the mask has magical powers that mess with Superman's x-ray vision and obscure the truth of the wearer.
Ooooh. I like this idea. I wish I had thought of it for a villian. You should use it in one of your stories!

VirginiaR.
---
J
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
J
Clark: If you were moving in with him. I mean, maybe, I don't know.
LOIS: hyper You *know* where Superman lives? <<slugs him>> Why didn't you tell me?!
Clark: Well, Lois, you are where Superman lives. I didn't want ot make your more anxious about being here or anything.

John Pack Lambert
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Originally posted by John Lambert:
Clark: Well, Lois, you are where Superman lives. I didn't want ot make your more anxious about being here or anything.
LOIS: Oh. You *live* together. *I* get it now. Everything makes sense now. So, there really isn't any chance of me hooking up with either of you, is there?

CLARK: wallbash

VirginiaR.
---
Boards Chief Administrator
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Online Content
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Clark felt Lois move and shift beside him. He was still half-sitting, half-lying on his bed with Lois snuggled up against his chest.
Awwwww, he slept with Lois clap

“Do you think he’d help me?”
Lo-issss!

“Are you moving someplace?” he asked, shifting the question off Superman and back onto his favorite subject.
Superman’s love nest.

Clark nodded. “Discovering that someone was spying on you can do that.
How about he completely lines her apartment with a smooth layer of welded steel plates and removed all furniture. That way, nobody could plant a bug.

“Geez, Chuck, what is it with you and apologies? Are you afraid I’m going to bite your head off if you don’t apologize for every little error you make in social etiquette?” Lois growled.
CLARK: [Linked Image]

Clark had no idea from where he could have possibly gotten that theory.
evil

She slapped her forehead. “I do have a change of clothes. The ones I brought here yesterday.”
Huh?

He looked at her skeptically. “Your sweats?” He was glad she hadn’t remembered them the night before; otherwise, he wouldn’t have a new favorite nightshirt. “You took those with you when we left yesterday morning.”
Huh? Right. She showered at his place.

and then batted her eyelashes demurely. “Claaaaark?”
laugh

She grinned and clapped her hands together in victory. “Go, shoo, shower.”
Like that was a hard won victory. Incidentally, it would have also worked if she had flashed him some leg.

He took an extra moment to memorize how Lois looked in his bed, and then padded off to the bathroom.
[Linked Image]

As soon as the bathroom door shut behind Clark, Lois jumped out of bed. She pulled on his robe and started up the spiral staircase. Of course, this was the perfect place for him to hide anything about his past.
jawdrop [Linked Image]

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, our favorite show, life, and more! (It’s almost like the IRC days of old again!)

I go by Michael on the Archives.
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Online Content
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
The robe caught on the railing and jerked her backwards almost pulling her over. Luckily, she caught herself at the last second.
That would have been awkward, her lying on her back almost unconscious, her robe torn open in the front, her nighty disheveled, Clark first shocked, then forced to administer CPR.

She froze and glanced over at the bathroom. She had gasped with a slight squeak when she had almost fallen, but surely, Clark hadn’t heard her.
hyper

“Wait!” she caved with a flush, and started walking down the staircase. If she saw Clark undressed, her imagination would be uncontrollable.
clap

“Now, do you promise you won’t leave?”

Lois rolled her eyes. “Do you want it in blood? I’ve got more work to do.”
Does her blood on the office floor count, too, after Lois got shot?

“You don’t, do you? Who died and put you in charge of my life?” she groused.
True Clark.

The last thing he wanted was Lois to start dating Luthor again during his final two months with her, just because he hadn’t been in the office to stop it.
Now that would be a twist.

“Stay!”
LOIS: Bark. Bark.

Clark shook his head, remembering how he had watched Lois through the bathroom ceiling, while he took his shower. He ended up taking a much longer shower because of it.
Clark! /reads between lines/ Virignia!

It wasn’t an ogle. It had been more of a peek to make sure she wasn’t faking a shower to sneak a look out the bathroom door, while he changed. He swallowed, feeling guilty for this action.
Clark! After Lex got to see her take shower after shower after shower!

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, our favorite show, life, and more! (It’s almost like the IRC days of old again!)

Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Online Content
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
True, he was the only one of the two of them with x-ray vision but, in principle, he was right. Moreover, he hadn’t taken more than a two second… well, more like a seven second… gander before remembering he needed to get dressed.
Maybe they should assembly a jury of 12 Loises from the various dimensions and let them determine whether that’s fair. Or should that be 12 Clarks?

If he had seen her naked, he was certain he wouldn’t be able to look her in the eye without blushing.
Aren’t they a cute pair?

It probably wouldn’t have been a good idea of holding or touching her while he was just in the towel anyway, or needing to catch her falling while in the process of putting on his briefs.
wave Michael

Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Michael: A 3-part FDK! smile1

Awwwww, he slept with Lois
Only in the close eyes and dream sense.

LOIS: So, *that’s* why nothing ever happens with him. Wonder if the blue medication would help in that case…

CLARK: Umm… That’s *not* how I meant it!

LOIS: Too easy.
drool

CLARK: Lois! I think the Vouyer is back! Look what Superman found in my shower this morning. <<holds up Lois's secret camera>>

LOIS: clap
/wonders how much the robe reveals from that angle/ Also, that’s fun, another g-rated version of Clark.
LOIS: <<Bangs her head remembering that she was going to steal all his towels except his hand towels before Clark woke up>>
Sigh. That's all she'll get. Gfic story after all.

Or maybe slicked back and he’s not wearing his glasses?
Nope, and he is, otherwise how come she isn't wondering why Clark is showering with Superman all of a sudden, and how Superman became naked in the same apartment as she was in without her knowing anything about it.

Many an nfic could start out that way!
New Year's Resolution: Really must spend some part of every day catching up on my reading.

She probably wouldn’t need that imagination for long. Only about as long as it would take her to rush down the staircase.
She hasn't forgiven him yet, which is why she isn't allowing action of her desires.

CAT: We’d make do.
clap

VirginiaR.
---
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Does her blood on the office floor count, too, after Lois got shot?
CLARK: eek

“You don’t, do you? Who died and put you in charge of my life?” she groused.
ER: True Clark.
2 points! laugh

Now that would be a twist.
LEX: Really, I wouldn't mind that sort of twist in this story.

LOIS: Bark. Bark.
Actually "Stay" was from canon.

Clark! /reads between lines/ Virignia!
[Linked Image]

Clark! After Lex got to see her take shower after shower after shower!
CLARK: I closed my eyes.

Although one of my Betas was wondering if Clark could see through his closed eyelids. Hmmmmm.

CLARK: I swear, I didn't look!

LOIS: Uh-huh.
Maybe they should assembly a jury of 12 Loises from the various dimensions and let them determine whether that’s fair. Or should that be 12 Clarks?
Um... I don't think Clark would want to be in a room with either 12 Loises or 12 Clarks who knew he peeked at Lois in the shower.

Aren’t they a cute pair?
I think so. laugh

Right. After the first night of screaming “Lois, Lois, Looooooiiiiiiiissssssssssssssssssssssssssss” I’m sure that bimbo from canon will be purged from his mind.
CLARK: But I'm in love with THIS Lois! Not any other Lois!

/hangs a big ‘open-for-business’ sign around Lois’s neck/
clap

Hmmm… I doubt he was going to finish with anything fit for polite company.
... at MPD HQ.

Umm…Rainforrest? Mining machines? Time running out?
But, Michael! This is his social life!

<<picture of Phantom>>
Jaguar! Not Phantom. I double checked and found NO reference to a superhero named "Jaguar". Is it one of Phantom's nicknames? Oh, sure, there's that Black Panther fellow over on Marvel, and a black panther really is just a black jaguar, but still...

Ever seen that Michael Douglas movie about the two lions stopping some railroad building exercise in 19th century Africa? The Ghost and the Darkness, IIRC…
"Ghost and the Darkness" and I have seen it, but it was a long time ago and I don't remember much.
<<picture from Avatar>>
That's a good analogy! clap

So, the wildcat can tear out their cuts and eat their eyeballs for jujubes. And what will Superman do? Note, Superman, not some random Kryptonian soldier under Lord Nor’s command.
I believe Superman mentioned their equipment.

Interesting about how there’s no word how he also protects the maidens of the land from their male company.
Maybe he doesn't protect those.

Yes, but given how he prefers Lois not doing hard time in the women’s penitentiary, serving as benefits for the guards and the wealthier inhabitants of Striker’s island…
Exactly. So much for "justice" there tights-man.

So, that’s a ‘no’ on the naked virgins praying at his feet and begging him to allow them to please him?
CLARK: Um... no. I gave those up when I left my dimension.

I had no idea what to make out of that. I kind of figured that the visual similarity in Soul Mates was merely due to the need to keep the actors around and because they recognized the souls, and not because of actual physical similarities.
But if they looked different from incarnation to incarnation, how would they recognize each other?

VirginiaR.
---
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Online Content
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
A 3-part FDK!
You’re welcome!

quote: Awwwww, he slept with Lois

Only in the close eyes and dream sense.
Baby steps?

quote: That’s going to hurt in the area below his tummy.

His diaphram? Possibly.
Isn’t that above…?

If he left her after that, he'd need Lex and his green-bullets.
The bullets? For protection from TRUE CLARK? But why Lex? wave Michael

Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Originally posted by Darth Michael:
Baby steps?
No, Michael, NO Babies! Just because they spent the night together doesn't mean that she will be round with child... add the one, carry over the... by September.

Isn’t that above…?
Is it? blush Sorry, Classics major.

EW: If he left her after that, he'd need Lex and his green-bullets.

ER: The bullets? For protection from TRUE CLARK? But why Lex?
If Clark leaves Lois after returning her to True Clark slightly "used", then he'd need Lex to shoot green bullets at him, because what would his life be like without her.

LOIS: Awwwwwwwwwwwwww. Do I get to choose?

CLARK: No! I'm making the decision!

LOIS: Okay, then. Him.

CLARK: drool Huh?

LOIS: What now?
CLARK: Sure, I'll ask Superman if he'll help you move... but there's something I should tell you first...

LOIS: I'm not moving. I meant move around my apartment.

CLARK: Oh. Never mind.

LOIS: No, what were you going to say?

CLARK: Nothing. <<sniffle>> Nothing at all.

CLARK2CAT: Umm…is that a trick question?
LOIS: *What* is Cat doing here?
CAT: Hello? I'm his BFF. He tells me everything.

LOIS: Clark?

CLARK: Not Everything!

CAT: Everything.

LOIS: Clark?

CLARK: No, I haven't told her...

CAT: Clark?!

CLARK: Hey, did Superman just fly by?

LOIS: Where?

CAT: That doesn't work on me, remember?

CLARK: clap

LOIS: And I’m supposed to *marry* that guy and be his what, fourth wife?
I don't think that's legal in Brazil.

By looking through the windows of their souls?
Lulu / Lori / Loisette: No! [Linked Image] You may NOT look under my shirt.

VirginiaR.
---
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard