Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
#91481 11/27/12 08:04 PM
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Wrong Place, Wrong Time, Wrong Clark TOC can be found Here

Sometimes being the "Wrong Clark" means he's able to do the right thing for Lois.

Comments?

I'm changing my posting schedule, again. Instead of posting on Saturday night (Sunday morning), I'll be posting on Friday night (Saturday morning). I apologize in advance for any confusion and disappointment that this might cause, having your new part arrive a day earlier. wink

Last edited by VirginiaR; 05/16/14 01:16 PM. Reason: Added Link

VirginiaR.
"On the long road, take small steps." -- Jor-el, "The Foundling"
---
"clearly there is a lack of understanding between those two... he speaks Lunkheadanian and she Stubbornanian" -- chelo.
S
Merriwether
Merriwether
S
Sounds like Lois will definitely be spending the night at Clark's.

While it would be nice if Clark could help the Clark of this dimension, I'd love to see him happy.

Joan

C
Top Banana
Top Banana
C
It was possible that Lex hadn’t known that he had hired shoddy contractors for his LexCorp Nuclear Power Plant, but Lois remained skeptical. Clark – surprise, surprise – thought Luthor was guilty as sin. Although the city didn’t bring legal charges against the billionaire, Clark felt he should be held responsible. ... In the end, she and Clark had decided to agree to disagree. Clark continued to believe that Lex Luthor was the end-all be-all of evil. Lois stood by the opinion that many factors caused the meltdown of the reactor, and Lex Luthor should not be held personally responsible.
There may be many factors but a culture in a company begins with the head honcho (aka Luthor).

Despite the fact that Lex continued to be the same suave, charming man he had always been, Lois started to take what he said with a few more grains of salt.
A few more grains start a pile. Soon you'll have a salt-lick!

Since that night that Lois had embarrassingly begged Clark not to leave her, which he kindly never brought up again, he had changed. She couldn’t place her finger on exactly what it was about him that had altered. Perhaps it was that he wasn’t as flirtatious.
Trying to figure out how to get him to snuggle you close in the cold weather, now are we?

Thank goodness he hadn’t because try as hard as she might, she couldn’t move on past him either. No other man, not counting Superman, came close to the ideal Clark. The ‘ideal Clark’ being Clark when he wasn’t lying.
Hmmmm... methinks she likes the quirky, yet subtle differences between Canon Clark and Alt-Clark.

On the other hand, it was possible he had given up hope entirely. That would explain the sadness she kept seeing in his eyes whenever he gazed at her.
Yes, but not for the reason you'd expect.

Alt-Clark: I wish I could be your Clark but I'm just a placeholder until he can be found and saved. Once you have him in your life I will have to go back to a world where everyone knows I'm someone famous and will never have you OR an ounce of time to myself.

Lois: Clark, quit deluding yourself. It's not healthy. Besides, I'll always be in your life. I'm like a bad penny.

Alt-Clark: Are you sure you want to use that analogy?

When Clark left for the night, Lois had given him a kiss on the cheek and a hug, which she insisted that he pass on to Martha the next time he saw her. With his hand upon his cheek, he had stared at her with such longing for a moment, which had then stretched into two, before Lois had stepped away.
Wearing his heart on his sleeve I guess? I thought that was par for the course for Clark. Admittedly, it's not par for the season 1 course. Now late Season 2 and early season 3...

Maybe Clark had discovered that, like Superman, a relationship with Lois was just too dangerous for her due to the people who were after him.
More like it's too dangerous for his heart. At any time Wells might come and say, "I need your help to save this world's Clark and save Utopia."

“That’s why you should let Clark watch you,” Superman said in response to her joke that he shouldn’t dress in such flashy outfits if he didn’t want to draw attention to himself.
“Okay,” Lois replied, almost before she realized what she was doing. “Find Clark and tell him he can stay the night here… with me… in my apartment.”
I can just imagine the "deer in the headlights" look of Lois for admitting this.

“No, Lois, I’ll never really have you,” he echoed. “You belong with Clark.”
"Your Clark that is."

Superman took hold of her hand and placed a soft kiss on the tip of her pointed finger. “I meant only that he was your true soul mate, not me,” he said, brandishing her with one of his rare smiles, sad that it was. “I’m sorry, Lois.” He opened the door and left.
Doesn't this seem a little odd in that it might well come back to haunt the canon Clark somehow? Maybe as a result of this Lois avoids being attracted to Superman and pursues Clark? (this is assuming Wells "corrects" things and can find a way to save Canon Clark.)

Mr. Tracewski shot a panicked glance at Clark and inched backwards towards the door. Clark could hear the man’s heart rate accelerating.
Mr. Make-up/Finn: Waitaminute. Didn't Barbara tell me that she was a loner? I didn't get paid enough to kill BOTH of them.

“Oh, I’ve got a new tape for you,” she said, dipping her hand into her bag and removing a videotape.

Clark took the tape with trepidation. “Is this one like the last one, on the heat wave? Because, personally, that one made me uncomfortable.”
Tape? Huh? Ok, you'll need to explain this one to me because I don't recall a tape exchange between the two of them in the past.

CLARK: No. I'm just worried I'm a jinx.
JONATHAN: A jinx?
CLARK: Yeah. Let's face it, ever since she's known me, Lois's been kidnapped, frozen, pushed off buildings, almost stabbed, poisoned, buried alive and who knows what else, and it's all because of me.
-"Contact" (You're not her jinx, you're her blessing.)
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Joan: Thank you for the feedback.
Sounds like Lois will definitely be spending the night at Clark's.
Ah, you suspect Lois will succumb. laugh

While it would be nice if Clark could help the Clark of this dimension, I'd love to see him happy.
Hmmmm. I don't think I can answer that without giving too much away. Sorry.

VirginiaR.
---
"clearly there is a lack of understanding between those two... he speaks Lunkheadanian and she Stubbornanian" -- chelo.
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Christina: smile1 Thank you for the long FDK.

There may be many factors but a culture in a company begins with the head honcho (aka Luthor).
And yet he always seems to get away with bad things.

A few more grains start a pile. Soon you'll have a salt-lick!
clap

Wearing his heart on his sleeve I guess? I thought that was par for the course for Clark. Admittedly, it's not par for the season 1 course. Now late Season 2 and early season 3...
Savuering the moment, trying not to react with how he wants to react (kiss her), does make it appear that he's wearing his heart on his sleeve again. Poor Clark. In many ways alt-Clark has more in common with S2/S3 canon Clark, being that they've both been Superman approximately the same amount of time.

More like it's too dangerous for his heart. At any time Wells might come and say, "I need your help to save this world's Clark and save Utopia."
[Linked Image]

I can just imagine the "deer in the headlights" look of Lois for admitting this.
She had already semi-admitted to Superman her attraction to Clark, but yes.

"Your Clark that is."
Exactly. 2 points.

Doesn't this seem a little odd in that it might well come back to haunt the canon Clark somehow? Maybe as a result of this Lois avoids being attracted to Superman and pursues Clark? (this is assuming Wells "corrects" things and can find a way to save Canon Clark.)
Hmmmmm.

Mr. Make-up/Finn: Waitaminute. Didn't Barbara tell me that she was a loner? I didn't get paid enough to kill BOTH of them.
More like, 'hey, isn't that the guy who stopped me from shooting Lois last night? I won't be able to kill them both, because I wasn't planning on shooting her this time, so I didn't bring my gun.'

Tape? Huh? Ok, you'll need to explain this one to me because I don't recall a tape exchange between the two of them in the past.
Thank you for noticing this line. clap Neither of my Betas did. All will be explained in Part 66 (regarding the tapes). wink

VirginiaR.
---
J
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
J
She loved being proven right, especially over arrogant men like Lex and that scientist, who had blamed Superman for the heat wave.
She is seeing through Luthor. smile1

It was possible that Lex hadn’t known that he had hired shoddy contractors for his LexCorp Nuclear Power Plant, but Lois remained skeptical.
Well, at least she is not totally absolving Luthor.

Clark – surprise, surprise – thought Luthor was guilty as sin. Although the city didn’t bring legal charges against the billionaire, Clark felt he should be held responsible.
Did they at least apologize for going after Clark.

even with Clark showing her that the LexCorp Air Conditioning division had a two thousand percent increase in sales in November. Profit wasn’t everything, she had countered.
Well, she is right that this was not Luthor's primary objective.

Lex and LexCorp had paid for the entire clean-up of the nuclear site. Clark had merely rolled his eyes and reminded her that the courts had mandated it.
Lois seems to bend over backwards to protect Luthor. I am amazed she is still defending him at all.

Despite the fact that Lex continued to be the same suave, charming man he had always been, Lois started to take what he said with a few more grains of salt.
Things are looking up.

to the opinion that, in this matter and this matter alone, Clark had been right, and she had been W-R-O-N-G. Lois wasn’t ready to admit that to anyone, least of all Clark, especially on the topic of Lex Luthor.
Well at least she is willing to accept it at some level.

in all other things she still found Clark as he had always been: good, kind, honest, faithful, hardworking, and law-abiding. It also helped that he was one sexy gentleman. Damn him.
Very encoraging view.

John Pack Lambert
J
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
J
On the other hand, it was possible he had given up hope entirely.
hyper Maybe this means she will go with him for Christmans.

She had sent Clark home with some leftovers for Lois and a note, which informed her that Lois was welcome at their home at any time, even if for no other reason than to even up the male/female ratio. Lois vowed Martha must have been using her powers of temptation to get Lois to forgive Clark by Christmas, so Lois could have more access to the love and home-cooked food that filled the Kent house.
Sounds like a good plan to me.

Lois had invited Clark to share the leftovers with her, hadn’t she?
hyper They had a meal together.

Martha’s pumpkin pie, which Clark said she had made from scratch, including homegrown pumpkin, was melt-in-her-mouth delicious. Even Clark had eaten a sliver, but that was because Martha had told him it was sugar free. Lois was doubtful about the truth of that statement, but if Clark couldn’t tell, she wasn’t going to rat Martha out and halt Clark’s progress.
Clark: I know it's not true either, but I don;t want to admit that to all my mind, my recovery might be interrupted if my mind learned too much.

When Clark left for the night, Lois had given him a kiss on the cheek and a hug, which she insisted that he pass on to Martha the next time he saw her.
Oh, is that how Lois justified doing this in her mind, now is it?

With his hand upon his cheek, he had stared at her with such longing for a moment, which had then stretched into two, before Lois had stepped away. She hadn’t wanted to ruin the evening by allowing Clark to try to kiss her… or not. She figured it best not to give him the opportunity… or her. She didn’t trust herself to do the right thing should he ever embrace her. She hated that with Clark the ‘right thing’ felt so wrong.
dance dance She wants to kiss Clark.

True, he had saved her from that skateboarder pushing her into traffic that afternoon,
dance Clark saved her life, again.

“Okay,” Lois replied, almost before she realized what she was doing. “Find Clark and tell him he can stay the night here… with me… in my apartment.”

Shock, and then surprise, flashed quickly across his face.
He is shocked for a different reason than she thinks he is shocked. Now let's see how much she will protest against the impression she wanted to sleep with Clark.

Lois: I want Clark here so I can sleep.

SM: Are you sure you want to "sleep" with Clark.

Lois: I am sure I don't want to sleep with Clark.

SM: I thought you said you wanted him here so you could sleep.

Lois: But not to sleep with him. I never think about sleeping with him. The thought never enters my mind. I never think about running my hand over his broad shoulders. Not at all.

“Unless you’d rather stay,” she murmured.
SM: No, I had much rather have Clark sleep with you.

Superman pointed over his shoulder with his thumb. “I have some errands to run,” he said, his voice hoarse.

“Of course you do,” Lois said with a nod. Her brow furrowed in confusion as his words sunk in. “Errands?”
I did not realize this was canon until I rewatched the show today.

“I hate that you’re alone,” she said.

“I’m not alone, Lois. I have you,” he replied, brushing her hair back behind her ear once more. “I’ll always have you.”
Except he does not really believe this. However he thinks it will be true from her perspective.
“No, Lois, I’ll never really have you,” he echoed. “You belong with Clark.”

Lois grabbed his cape, dragged him back inside the apartment, and slammed her door. “I’m only going to say this once, Superman,” she said, pointing her finger in his face. “I don’t belong to Clark any more than I belong to you or Luthor or any other man for that matter.
Belong with and belong to are entirely different. Although I can also see why Lois would get defensive about SM telling her who she belongs with.

“I meant only that he was your true soul mate, not me,” he said,
Now they are talking around each other. Clark is speaking about real Clark who died in 1966, while Lois thinks he means Chuck. I was half hoping SM would make this more clear, but I guess not. Maybe at some level he has not given up all hope that Wells will fail.

The Man of Steel thought Clark was her soul mate? Was that the real reason behind Superman’s belief that they shouldn’t have a relationship? Moreover, why had he phrased it in the past tense? “Was.” Did he think she was too stubborn to ever forgive Clark too? Men!
Since she knows that SM knows about dead Clark, I am half surprised she does not think he is talking about dead Clark, especially since she has told herself dead Clark is her true soulmate.

“Don’t do that,” Clark said with relief. “I almost burst in here.”
That would have been a fun seen to see.

Lois rolled her eyes. He had better not expect that they would spend Christmas together. She had a tradition of working on Christmas, and she wasn’t going to break it for any man, even one who erroneously thought he was her soul mate.
Clark: Lois, I have never claimed to be your soulmate.

John Pack Lambert
J
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
J
Clark awoke at dawn, amazed he had gotten any sleep at all. Of course, with Lois’s heartbeat in the next room lulling him to sleep, how could he not? He could still hear it and he closed his eyes again to commit it to memory.
Well, I guess Clark is making progress. Still he is less close to Lois than he was back when Luthor shot her.

“What did you do?” she groused.

“Nothing!”
Lois: Well that's the problem there Clark, you have to turn the nob to get water.

Wouldn’t that start the rumor mill at work,
I thought the rumor mill was already alive. I mean they do periorically eat meals together, and Jimmy thinks Clark is the king with women.

“You got dressed fast,” she observed, before turning back to her landlord.
PR: You will have to dress faster for it to count as part of the revealing special abilities phase of your plan though.

“That was odd,” Lois said, turning back to Clark. “You don’t think he thought you had moved in here, do you?”
Would he care if he had? As long as Lois is quite and pays the rent, does it matter to him if there is an extra tenant?

“Why don’t you grab some clothes and come back to my place to shower and change? I’ll make breakfast,” he added in a coaxing tone.
Lois: Well, if you make breakfast, than OK. Otherwise we would just head straight to work.

She scowled. “Didn’t I make a bet with you about this? Damn. Just my luck.”
Clark: Hey, at least you won your non-existant bet. That is much better than having lost it.

“Mr. Tracewski, I just wanted to apologize for this morning,” Lois said to him. “I think you got the wrong idea.”
Clark: We didn't sleep together.

Mr. Tracewski: You were not sleeping, togher.

Lois: Right.

Mr Tracewski (to wife on getting back to Superintendant's apartment): Miss Lane had a man over and they didn't sleep, toghether.

Mrs. Tracewski: I saw him. Of course she didn't sleep, she was too busy doing other things, together with him.

“I’ll drive.”

She turned into his chest. “Clark, if you hadn’t been here…”
She is really shocked by this development. I am still shoicked she did not try to deny him driving.

John Pack Lambert
J
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
J
“There’s no need. We caught Finn, Clark. He’s in jail,” Lois reminded him. “I’m fine. You can stop playing bodyguard now.” She waved him off with a ‘shoo’ gesture.
But Finn was working for Trevino. Why would Trevino give up so easily, when they have the journal she wants?

“Good night, Clark,” she replied with a flash of either concern or surprise, or maybe a combination of both.
Lois: He is not supposed to give up on walking me home so easily.

Had he been coming on too strong lately?
No, I think he is giving up too quickly.

“And don’t be hanging around outside waiting for me.” Lois didn’t even look up when she said that last part.

How did she know he was going to do that?
Lois: I know you Chuck.

So, you lied about your past. Show me a man, and I’ll show you someone who’s lied about his past,”
Clark: I wish I coulod get some friends who believe me. OK, Martha and Jonathan do, but I am not sure I can get any more. It isn;t worth trying at this point.

Cat replied. “It’s your future that’s important, and Lois is your future, right?”
Clark: Not the way things are going.

He couldn’t tell the Kents either. How could he tell them that he was working on a way to rescue their true son, because if something happened and it didn’t work out, he didn’t want them to regret that he was the one who still remained. If it did work, none of them would remember him anyway.
I think he should tell them, they might be able to help him in some way.

“I can only wish…” he murmured, feeling guilty at the words the moment he spoke them. How could he wish that Lois wouldn’t be with the man with whom she belonged, the man who completed her, the man who would love her almost as much as Clark himself did, the man who would finally make Lois happy.
It might be more difficult to fix this than he realizes.

Clark sighed. The lava lamps, he had forgotten about them. He had been so hopeful that everything would turn out just right when he had bought them. Now, he knew their light would never glow.
He has really given up hope.

Lois set down the phone. Barbara Trevino had just threatened her. Not in so many words, but she sure had implied it. Moreover, Lois had just sent Clark home. Good going there, Lane. Not that she was scared. Of course not.
I had forgotten that this happened in the show as well. The Lois/Cat interchange about being scared was not till the next night though in the show.

Hmm, Lois seems to protest to much about not being scared.

Of course, if she had another reason to go to Clark’s besides needing his protection, she wouldn’t feel so weak about going there. She could tell Clark that was the reason… well, not in so many words… but it was a great excuse to go to Clark’s apartment.
So she is going to tell him he needs her protection? I am a bit confused.

She nodded as she started to pack her briefcase. Yes, she would go to Clark’s apartment. He would let her stay the night, right? Of course, he would. He’d have her move in, if he could. Moreover, while he was asleep, she would be able to search his apartment for clues on his identity.
smile1 hyper dance She is going to find the Supersuits. OK, maybe I should not jump to conclusions, but it would be so fun.

It wasn’t like she was going to get any sleep anyway. That would be the true reason for her going to Clark’s, not because she was scared, because she wasn’t scared.
Keep telling yourself that Lois, and maybe you will believe it.

John Pack Lambert
J
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
J
However if it really was negligence of the part of contractors, I can see how Luthor would not be involved. I think it is a bit much to claim all problems in LexCorp can be blamed on Luthor.

John Pack Lambert
J
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
J
Wait, how would that be it coming back to "haunt" canon Clark. Isn't that exactly what every Clark has wanted at every point, a Lois who is in love with Clark and says "Superman, I can live without him". I am not seeing how this is a bad thing.

John Pack Lambert
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
John: Let's see if I can get this response in before the next part's up. Thanks for the long FDK. smile1
She is seeing through Luthor.
Third times a charm.

Well, at least she is not totally absolving Luthor.
She's like Perry; she needs her cold hard facts.

Did they at least apologize for going after Clark.
I thought it was a practice in politics whether local or national, never to officially apologize. (I don't think they did in canon either).

Well, she is right that this was not Luthor's primary objective.
CLARK: Still...

Lois seems to bend over backwards to protect Luthor. I am amazed she is still defending him at all.
She likes to argue and her favorite (only) sparring partner is Clark?

Very encoraging view.
CLARK: I didn't mind that description of myself. laugh

<<John's weaps for Clark's lost hope>> he has, mostly.
Well, does 1/2 of 1 percent count as ALL hope?

I hope he does not let his despair show through too much.
CLARK: Not on purpose.

How exactly did she treat the Kents horribly?
She's feeling guilty for accusing Martha initially of injuring Clark that first night he hit his head.

Would he have gone in an airplane again?
[Linked Image] Unless of course it meant 4 hours next to Lois each way, then Yes.

Maybe this means she will go with him for Christmans.
[Linked Image]

They had a meal together.
LOIS: <scoffing> we're partners. Of course, we eat together.

CLARK: This wasn't a hotdog on the way to a press conference, Lois.

LOIS: Still...

CLARK: Yeah, still... smile1

Clark: I know it's not true either, but I don;t want to admit that to all my mind, my recovery might be interrupted if my mind learned too much.
As my Beta likes to tell me, this Clark is big on rationalizations.

Oh, is that how Lois justified doing this in her mind, now is it?
LOIS: Well, he's more likely to see Martha before I do.

She wants to kiss Clark.
Maybe. A little bit.

Clark saved her life, again.
<<cough>> canon <<cough>>

He is shocked for a different reason than she thinks he is shocked. Now let's see how much she will protest against the impression she wanted to sleep with Clark.

Lois: I want Clark here so I can sleep.

SM: Are you sure you want to "sleep" with Clark.

Lois: I am sure I don't want to sleep with Clark.

SM: I thought you said you wanted him here so you could sleep.

Lois: But not to sleep with him. I never think about sleeping with him. The thought never enters my mind. I never think about running my hand over his broad shoulders. Not at all.
clap

SM: No, I had much rather have Clark sleep with you.
Me thinks John's reading Clark's thoughts again.

I did not realize this was canon until I rewatched the show today.
Mostly canon. And thank you. laugh

Except he does not really believe this. However he thinks it will be true from her perspective.
He's thinking that he'll always have Lois in his heart, even if he can't have her.

Belong with and belong to are entirely different. Although I can also see why Lois would get defensive about SM telling her who she belongs with.
2 Points for catching Lois mishearing this word choice. clap

Now they are talking around each other.
Aren't they always doing that?

VirginiaR.
---
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
- Response to John’s FDK – Cont.

Clark is speaking about real Clark who died in 1966, while Lois thinks he means Chuck. I was half hoping SM would make this more clear, but I guess not. Maybe at some level he has not given up all hope that Wells will fail.
Why would he? He stil has that 1/2 of 1%.

Since she knows that SM knows about dead Clark, I am half surprised she does not think he is talking about dead Clark, especially since she has told herself dead Clark is her true soulmate.
But why would her soul mate be an infant? wink I don't think Lois saw baby Clark as her "soul mate", more like someone whom she loved (or will love).

That would have been a fun seen to see.
Doesn't he do that in Vatman? I'm surprised he was polite enough to knock before busting in the door.

Clark: Lois, I have never claimed to be your soulmate.
LOIS: Technicalities.

Well, I guess Clark is making progress. Still he is less close to Lois than he was back when Luthor shot her.
Well, at that point she didn't know that his past was make-believe.

Lois: Well that's the problem there Clark, you have to turn the nob to get water.
clap

Clark: We didn't sleep together.

Mr. Tracewski: You were not sleeping, togher.

Lois: Right.

Mr Tracewski (to wife on getting back to Superintendant's apartment): Miss Lane had a man over and they didn't sleep, toghether.

Mrs. Tracewski: I saw him. Of course she didn't sleep, she was too busy doing other things, together with him.
evil

Keep telling yourself that Lois, and maybe you will believe it.
That's the one!

VirginiaR.
---
J
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
J
Doesn't he do that in Vatman? I'm surprised he was polite enough to knock before busting in the door.
Wait, Clark busts the door in Vatman and then confronts the SM-clone. How exactly did Lois go through that and not realize CK=SM.

John Pack Lambert
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Originally posted by John Lambert:
Wait, Clark busts the door in Vatman and then confronts the SM-clone. How exactly did Lois go through that and not realize CK=SM.
huh No idea.

CLARK: Lots of luck and a galatically stupid partner.

LOIS: [Linked Image]

CLARK: I mean, lots of luck. [Linked Image]

VirginiaR.
---
J
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
J
The most recent discussion was the main inspiration for the "100 Revelations" challenge.

John Pack Lambert
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Originally posted by John Lambert:
The msot recent discussion was the main inspiration for the "100 Revelations" challenge.
clap That's been lots of fun.

VirginiaR.
---
J
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
J
Well, we are just past 50 revelations, so we have plenty of space to go.

John Pack Lambert
Boards Chief Administrator
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Online Content
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
I have placed "Witness", due to its Christmas decor, after "Man of Steel Bars" and before "Pheromone, My Lovely". I apologize if this causes any confusion.
razz

even with Clark showing her that the LexCorp Air Conditioning division had a two thousand percent increase in sales in November.
clap

Profit wasn’t everything, she had countered.
Uh-huh.

Lois stood by that opinion, but she didn’t stand behind it.
So, she’s just arguing for argument’s sake? Hoping for a little bit of make-up sex?

Agreeing with Clark vocally would only give credence to the opinion that, in this matter and this matter alone, Clark had been right, and she had been W-R-O-N-G.
Awwwwwwwww…

If so, why hadn’t he moved on? Thank goodness he hadn’t because try as hard as she might, she couldn’t move on past him either.
Oh, look. Is that Mayson Drake showing up early?

The ‘ideal Clark’ being Clark when he wasn’t lying.
So, a Clark who keeps his mouth shut and his pants off?

but there was just something about Clark that made it hard to stay angry with him.
His abs? His pecs? His bottom? His biceps?

Not ‘love’ loved, just really, really liked it.
So, liked it really hard, huh?

It was probably better to let Clark have some one-on-one bonding time with the Kents anyway.
He really should have mentioned that Superman had been doing the transportation.

but she was sure Clark could easily explain his wife’s absence with a ‘she had to work’ excuse.
She had to ‘work’ with Lex Luthor that night?

Although, after having picked at a microwave turkey dinner and hearing how Superman had flown Clark out to Lawrence,
See?

Even Clark had eaten a sliver, but that was because Martha had told him it was sugar free. Lois was doubtful about the truth of that statement, but if Clark couldn’t tell, she wasn’t going to rat Martha out and halt Clark’s progress.
clap Hey, maybe Martha used Stevia?

She didn’t trust herself to do the right thing should he ever embrace her. She hated that with Clark the ‘right thing’ felt so wrong.
/goes back and forth on whether the right thing is meant to be Clark staying the night and keeping Lois in her apartment the next two weeks, or leaving/

She had no idea what sudden transformation she had gone through that summer to become this woman men had this innate need to protect, as some fragile vase or flower, but it was becoming damn annoying.
It’s called ‘getting shot’.

. True, she had started dressing a bit more stylishly and femininely since she had met Superman,
Ah, she’s going out as Superman-bait?

which was unfair to her, because she wasn’t a victim in any way, shape, or form.
I’m sure Lex could change that.

The last thing she needed was him to hang out on her roof like some eagle hunting prey.
The terms are ‘gargoyle’ or ‘Batman’.

“Find Clark and tell him he can stay the night here…
So, she’s telling Boyfriend A that he may please tell Boyfriend B that she will now entertain his company.

“I do have a life, you know,” he countered.
/crosses fingers that Lois will interpret this as ‘wife’/

Superman approached one of her large windows, and instead of exiting, he shut it and locked it.
LOIS: He’ll have me now! He’ll have me now!

“Keep your doors and windows locked,” he said, disregarding her statement of the bald truth. “I’ll send Clark by shortly.”
LOIS: Oh, shucks…

“I don’t belong to Clark any more than I belong to you or Luthor or any other man for that matter.
He said ‘with’, Lois. ‘with Clark’. Although, yes, she would belong ‘to’ Lex. Or ‘to’ Kal-El.

Moreover, why had he phrased it in the past tense? “Was.” Did he think she was too stubborn to ever forgive Clark too? Men!
Oh boy.

Lois was still frozen solid with disbelief when Clark arrived some minutes later.

He knocked once, then twice, then a third time, before Lois finally reached for the knob.

“Don’t do that,” Clark said with relief. “I almost burst in here.”
Indeed. Lois alone for several minutes can invite all sorts of death and mayhem.

She smiled at that thought. Clark would probably do more damage to his shoulder than to the door.
Depends on whether the door is studded with Kryptonite shards. Actually, what if someone sent a bomb to Lois that contains Kryptonite shards in its outer layer. Depending on when Clark will get there, he’ll either fly away with the exploding package and get torn up or find Lois peppered with Kryptonite shards and faint on top of her before he realizes what’s going on.

“You may sleep in my guest room, Clark. It’s a bit messy, and the bed needs to be made, but…” Lois said with a shrug. “That’s what you get for peace of mind.”
Yes, I can imagine that he wouldn’t get much peace of mind if he slept with Lois in the same bed.

She had a tradition of working on Christmas, and she wasn’t going to break it for any man, even one who erroneously thought he was her soul mate.
CLARK: Superman, please, she’s my *soulmate*! You can have just about any girl you want. Can’t I at least have this one?

Clark awoke at dawn, amazed he had gotten any sleep at all. Of course, with Lois’s heartbeat in the next room lulling him to sleep, how could he not?
Because of all the naughty thoughts drifting into his mind?

Lois wasn’t up yet, and Clark liked starting the day with a shower.
[Linked Image]

He had just stripped when he heard Lois’s alarm go off.
[Linked Image] It’s six o’clock and he’s naked.

“My apartment. I get the shower first,” she went on, calling through the door.
He’s the guest. They could share.

Clark grabbed the light blue towel off the rack, which she had designated “his” the night before, and wrapped it around his waist, coming to the door.
Let me guess. It’s the smallest one she had? Also evil

“What’s wrong?” Lois asked.

“There isn’t any,” he said, bracing for her next outpouring of annoyance.
So, how can he know if there’s something wrong with it if he hasn’t seen any of it?

Wouldn’t that start the rumor mill at work, if they ended up going straight into work?
Co-worker 1: Looks like Kent bagged Lane again.
CW2: Ya think? No, I’ll go with she bagged him.
CW3: Who cares? This fifty says they’ll be splitsville again by noon.
RALPH: I call dibs on Lane.

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, our favorite show, life, and more! (It’s almost like the IRC days of old again!)

I go by Michael on the Archives.
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Online Content
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Mr. Tracewski shot a panicked glance at Clark and inched backwards towards the door. Clark could hear the man’s heart rate accelerating.
Mr. T: How am I going to tell her that this isn’t a by-the-hour hotel without her ripping my head off? Maybe if I just asked her to see their marriage license…?

Clark is my partner at work. He spent the night… in my spare room… as a guest. One time deal, I promise.”
Translation: She got frisky and had a ONS?

She scowled. “Didn’t I make a bet with you about this? Damn. Just my luck.”
hyper That was fast. PML might only be one part delayed! hyper Huh. Wait. This is a Virginia Epic. And she’s eeeeeeeeeeVil. [Linked Image]

“I’m fine. You can stop playing bodyguard now.” She waved him off with a ‘shoo’ gesture.
I knew it. Being dressed in Secret Service clothes does not help. He should have gone with the blue muscle shirt and the red speedos.

He only had two months left to spend with her. It would be best if he didn’t make his neediness too obvious, or he wouldn’t get even that.
He could tell her that he’d leave in two month so she should kiss him now if she wants him.

and according to Herb, she would have survived just fine for several more.
It’s the very short-term implication of ‘several’ that’s worrisome.

He had to come to grips with the fact that Lois could find her way home safely without him watching over her.

Clark stopped halfway down the stairs. Still… she was Lois. He walked back up the stairs to the newsroom floor.
clap

It wasn’t until he was standing once more at the stairwell doorway and could see that Lois had indeed survived the last two minutes without him that he released his breath and continued down the stairs.
rotflol

Of course, someone could put a bomb on her car.
[Linked Image]

Lois glanced up and saw that Cat was once more wearing less than a dress. Couldn’t the woman do her job while clothed?
Well, hookers can’t. Okay, sometimes they can. It always depends on what exactly the client asks for.

Of course, it was a big story if Lois was working on it.
Police academy graduation?

Of course, Mr. Make-Up had been able to get into her apartment that morning dressed up as Lois’s landlord, but Finn had been caught. She would be fine.
See? No chance that he’s now here, dressed up as Cat.

“It just makes you more human, all right?”
But she’s a frog!

So, it would be nice, for once, just… just… just for once, that you can admit that you have bad days, and problems, and fears, just like the rest of us!”
So, Cat wants her to admit to PMS?

Would it kill her to admit that she had been scared?
CLARK: shock peep

It was just like Clark to see through someone’s façade and see the real person underneath.
[Linked Image]

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, our favorite show, life, and more! (It’s almost like the IRC days of old again!)

I go by Michael on the Archives.
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard