Page 1 of 2 1 2
#91427 11/24/12 08:10 PM
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Wrong Place, Wrong Time, Wrong Clark TOC can be found Here

evil

Comments?

Author's Note: I do not speak Italian, therefore if you do and what I got from Google Translator is *way* off, I apologize. Please feel free to correct me. laugh

Last edited by VirginiaR; 05/16/14 01:23 PM. Reason: Added Link

VirginiaR.
"On the long road, take small steps." -- Jor-el, "The Foundling"
---
"clearly there is a lack of understanding between those two... he speaks Lunkheadanian and she Stubbornanian" -- chelo.
J
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
J
She was nervous wreck about the city of Metropolis forcing Superman to leave,
I am pretty sure this should be "a nervous wreck".

“You’re out late, Herb,” Clark said, straightening his glasses and addressing the man in the familiar bowler hat.
What is the hour to a time traveler?

“Maybe I shouldn’t carry my stuff around in a box. It seems to give everyone the wrong impression.
Lois: Well, if you hadn't run off on me in my dream, Clark.

Well, honestly, things could be better. Currently, Superman is being driven out of town on a rail.”
Lois: At least I am not urging the driving of him out.

Clark: True. Which is why I didn't say "things couldn't be worse".

Lois: I am working with you as my partner, I touched you this evening, they could be a lot worse.

Clark: I know. Still, you can't tell me you are glad I, I mean Superman was thrown in jail.

Lois: See, you could be thrown in jail for rescuing lives like Superman was, things could be a lot worse for you Chuck.

Clark: grumble If you only knew.

Lois: What?

Clark: You didn;t believe me when I told you last time.

Herb stopped and looked at Clark with a perplexed expression. “Figure it out? You mean Superman isn’t leaving Metropolis?” he asked, holding up the evening edition of the Daily Planet, which clearly stated that was what Superman had volunteered to do.
Clark: Just because Superman leaves Metropolis doesn't mean I have to.

Lois: grumble you double-crossing, no good, grumble I think you were more complicit in bringing Tempus to terrorize us and knew more of the consequences than you ever admit. grumble

“Okay. I’m the first to admit I’ve some failings in life. I’ll never be perfect like the Clark from your dimension, but I’m no Lex Luthor either.”
Canon Lois: Clark left me during the heatwave. OK, he was only gone a day, but still. Well, day and a half. It was a long day and a half.

Canon Clark: But you saw me during that time.

Canon Lois: I didn't know it then, so it doesn't count.

“No person is perfect, Clark. Everyone makes mistakes, even the Clark Kent married to the Lois you first met,” Herb assured him. “But I can tell you that this Ms. Lane, your current partner, wouldn’t have ended up with Lex Luthor, had she never met you.”
Umm, actually, she did. True, she was his prisoner, but still. Of course, Herb thinks she died that night, but he is wrong. Anyway, they only did not end up together because she thought he died.

Lois: Maybe we were going on dates, but it wasn't like we were engaged.

“You’ve contacted the Kents? You’ve spoken with them about Kal-El… um… their Clark?” Herb sputtered, clearly in surprise.
Clark: Lois knows about him too.

“Yes. It’s nice to have someone else to talk to and give me advice, especially about Lois,”
Clark: Thus there is even more reason to stay here and not go back to the demension where everyone I care about is dead. Jimmy, Martha, Jonathan, Lois.

Wells raised a hand. “All right, you wish to stay here. Nevertheless, what about your home universe? Are you going to leave it without a Superman? Those people need you just as much as these people do,” Herb reminded him.
Clark: Well if I leave this universe will be without a Superman. What do you want me to do, jump between both universes on a regular basis. Hmm, actually, it might work. Although, probably not.

“It’s a temporary blip. An annoyance to be sure, but it will pass as soon as the truth is revealed,”
Clark: Plus, Lois is not blaming me. That's all that really matters.

“Yes, they found his spaceship as my folks had. Well, not exactly, it was dusk, not mid-afternoon when they discovered it, and it wasn’t because of a meteor shooting out of the sky but because of a fire in Shuster’s woods. They also came across a piece of Kryptonite inside the ship,” Clark explained. “I believe someone else must have traveled back in time to kill him, as Tempus did in your dimension,
Clark, you are so close.

unless Kryptonite is a component of the ship’s engine.
Maybe. I guess he doesn't know how long Clark had been dead.

I’ve examined the spaceship from this dimension, and it didn’t appear damaged in any way. I could not see how Kryptonite could factor into its design. Have you learned for certain that Kryptonite will kill me? Or does it just remove my abilities, thus making me vulnerable enough to be killed? Tempus seemed pretty certain that…”
See, Clark is trying to learn the truth about this matter.

Clark’s shoulders fell in disappointment, although not in surprise. So much for that theory. “So the more often I’m exposed to Kryptonite doesn’t lessen its affects on me or doesn’t lessen my recovery time? I won’t build up resistance over time?” he asked in hope.
Another sign he takes this seriously. He did not test this risky hypothesis.

H
erb shook his head again. “I’m sorry, Clark. I’ve never heard of either those aspects of being true;
I think it should be "as being true", but maybe this phrasing works as well, it seems odd to me though.

“Me, too,” Clark said with a sigh, as another pipe dream bit the dust. “What did you find out on your research of this dimension’s history? Did you discover why Lois has these semi-psychic feelings?”
In less than a day. Has Wells done any research? It seems like he is making Clark do all the work, and withholding information that would held him function better.

“But he died back in 1966!” Clark interrupted. “How could they’ve met? That was before she was even born.”
Wells: But maybe she was there when he died, like she was when he almost died in our demension.

Hmm, does Clark know that much about the incident, or does he just know that Tempus tried to go back in time and kill Superman, without knowing how he was thwarted.

“Yes, but that may only be because someone came back in time and changed history, killing off this universe’s Clark Kent before his rightful time. As I was trying to elucidate before, if this Ms. Lane had already met her Clark, these semi-psychic feelings she experiences with you could be actual memories of what happened in her previous life with him.”
Plus the ones of her life with no Clark at all. Of course those normally manifest as nightmares, because that is what such a life would be. I mean Another Lois broke the body count meter, and we never even learned any number on how many people neo-Noah killed.

Clark stared at Herb. He was at a loss for words. He hadn’t thought through all the implications of what it meant if someone had gone into the past to kill off Kal-El. Up until now, at this very moment, he hadn’t considered the fact that maybe this Lois had met her Clark in his previous life. This Lois could have known, loved, and even married her Clark before his life was wiped from her existence,
Lois: Is that why I have memories of him carrying me over the threshold in the honeymmon suite.

It would explain Lois’s inconsistencies for her feelings for him. It would explain how she was attracted to him, but repelled by him at the same time.
I guess, but some of that is also her feelings for Superman, who is also him.

It would also explain why she thought he was “leaving” her tonight, if her Clark had temporarily left her when her Superman had been driven out of Metropolis.
Thus now Clark has a real chance to be "right Clark" by doing this right.

It would explain her use of the word “again”, as in “don’t leave me again” when he, Clark, had never “left her” before.
dance Clark understands Lois. Now he just has to figure out a way to tell her about this without her thinking he is crazy.

PR: he could tell her CK=SM and then about the other demension, and then about Tempus, and then about time-travel killing.

NR:She'll still think he's crazy.

PR: There is some hope. OK, a very small amount.

With the realization that he would have to return to his home dimension, if they were able to rescue this dimension’s Clark, his stomach sank like concrete.
Well, that is a pretty tall order. To rescue Clark they need to figure out how to restore Tempus, but they don't even know Tempus is the one to restore.

I really hope Clark does not just give up. Otherwise we will have shock I hope that Clark does not take the universe reverting too much to heart and act on his attraction to Lois when he gets a chance assuming that everything will be destroyed anyway and she will not remember.

John Pack Lambert
J
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
J
“It’s impossible,” Lex said to Mayor Berkowitz; he almost sounded nervous.
I so hope Lois notices this.

“Unless there’s some other reason, Luthor,” Superman said; his arms crossed as he glared at the man. Like Clark, Superman had never forgiven Lex for shooting her.
Among other things. I guess in this set up Lois has an explanation of SM disliking Luthor that does not require Luthor to be as bad as Clark says.

Lois couldn’t believe that Lex was discounting her argument, dismissing her, and rejecting her ideas as ‘impossible’. How dare he? He never even took the time to listen to her. Someone had once told her ‘Nothing is impossible!’ Clearly, Lex Luthor hadn’t been apprised of this discovery.
smile1 smile1 Lois is seeing what a condesending jerk Luthor is.

“Superman didn’t discover the leak, Lex,
I did.
Hah, take that Luthor.

Are you telling me to my face that I’m wrong?” Lois demanded. “That my whole investigation, all the data that I collected, all the experts with whom I spoke, and that everything I’ve put my sweat and energy into for the last week is wrong?”
I just hope Luthor can't weasle out of that.

“Actually, Lex, it looks like we are. You were wrong about your plant, and I was wrong about you!” she announced, and turned towards the reactor door to wait for Superman to emerge.
smile1 smile1 smile1 smile1 This is the best line I have heard from Lois ever.

Lois stopped, not facing him. “Don’t call me ‘darling’,” she said through clenched teeth,
party she told Luthor off.

How are you going to explain that you pushed the LexCorp Nuclear Plant through channels to cover up the fact that it was the cause of an environmental disaster? How are you going to explain that by turning on this power plant you endangered the lives of everyone living and working within at least a twenty mile radius?” Lois retorted. She pulled out her mini-cassette recorder from her briefcase and held it up between them. “Go ahead; explain, for the record, Mr. Luthor.”
party She called him Luthor, not Lex.

Well, that was backwards logic if she had ever heard it. More likely, that there was too much chance of being caught in a lie. What was it about men? Did they always lie, or was it only to her?
SM: I don't lie to you Lois.

“Lex, if you want to treat me as a woman,” Lois retorted, pulling her hand out of his. “You first need to show me you respect me as a reporter. Either we discuss this here and now, just the two of us, or in your office later this afternoon with Clark. I don’t care. I’ll even let you choose, but this will be an interview and not a date.”
party party She told him off.

“We’ll see you at two, Mr. Luthor,” Lois responded.
party I just hope Clark does not mess this up.

wondering when Clark would show up to help her interview these dignitaries before they escaped.
Lois: Where were you Clark when I needed you to help with interviews.

Clark: I was stopping the reactor.

Lois: No that was Superman, where were you.

Clark:Ummm, well.

John Pack Lambert
J
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
J
I have to say that I don't expect Wells to find out anything promising in the past. It is too difficult to restore the existence of Tempus.

John Pack Lambert
J
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
J
Lois summed up what happened and what they still needed to do. “We’re meeting Lex at his office at two.”

He raised a surprised eyebrow. “We? As in ‘us’ as in ‘me and you’?” he asked.

“We’re partners, aren’t we?” she countered.
Clark, just go with the victory.

Clark smiled in that way he did where his face looked conflicted. His mouth was genuinely happy, but his eyes were sad.
I just realized that Clark should give this Lois the choice of keeping him or getting her own Clark back.

Lois: grumble Exactly. He has spent too much time listening to Wells and his no choice ultimatums.

Lois patted his arm. “Come on. Let’s finish up these interviews, write up our notes, grab a quick lunch, grill Luthor, type up our story, eat a celebratory dinner, and then crash,” she said, before a bubble of laughter escaped. “You know, that sounded like a shorter day inside my head.”
hyper hyper He is telling me about his past.

It wasn’t as if she would remember it anyway, after her timeline was returned to where it ought to be.
Seems likely, otherwise she would already know CK=SM.

“It’s rare to have an actual gentleman for a friend.” Lois touched his arm. “Well, thank her for me, the next time you speak with her,” she said, and then quickly added, as her cheeks went rosy, “I meant, in your prayers, or however you...” She winced, trying to walk herself out of that hole. “I’m sorry, Clark. I shouldn’t have…”
There for a bit I was assuming she was thinking that his mother was still alive in Italy. I had sort of forgotten she believes his parents were killed.

“What?” he sputtered. Where had that question come from?
Oh no. Wait, does he realize that Jonathan mentioned Italy to Lois, or did they not mention that.

Oh. That was all. For a second there, he thought she knew about that crazy idea of him being Jonathan’s uncle’s Italian grandson.
Clark, you are far too trusting of Lois.

“E 'tardi e dovremmo andare a dormire. Ci vediamo in mattinata,” he said with a slight bow as he backed down her hall. “Buona notte, Lois bella.*”
And he has reinforced Lois' idea. Of course, would she have believed him if he claimed no knowledge of Italian.

Clark started back down the hall towards the stairwell, when he heard her lean against the inside of her front door and whistle. “You better keep that sexy Italian accent away from me, Chuck, or who knows what I might be capable of?”
Do it Clark, do it.

Unfortunately, it was short lived. He pressed his lips together and bit his bottom lip, but nothing stopped the tears from coming to his eyes.
He shouldn't have put off Wells' return for so long.

John Pack Lambert
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Poor poor Clark. I think I hate HG Wells.

Clark: “If we can be born in an instant, and die in an instant, why can’t we fall in love in an instant?”

Caroline's "Stardust"
S
Merriwether
Merriwether
S
I like Clark questioning H.G. Wells about staying in this universe. Doesn't he deserve some happiness too?

Love that this Lois is seeing Lex for who he is so much sooner than our Lois.

Joan

Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
John: See, more to your liking. (I could tell by all the parties you threw)
I am pretty sure this should be "a nervous wreck".
clap

Clark: Just because Superman leaves Metropolis doesn't mean I have to.

Lois: <<happy dance>> This Clark is a better model. I think I will keep him.
CLARK: I like that answer. laugh

Lois: Thanks Chuck, but the "briliant" was an unneeded redundancy, since all my ideas are brilliant.
clap It's a fun game, isn't it? How many ways can Lois not believe him?

Lois: OK, Chuck, it wasn't a lie. It was true for a certain point of view. To the right women you probably are as good as Superman.
CLARK: clap

Clark: <grumble> you double-crossing, no good, <grumble> I think you were more complicit in bringing Tempus to terrorize us and knew more of the consequences than you ever admit. <grumble>
CLARK (cont): If I allowed myself to hurt people, you'd be up there on the list. Okay, Tempus first, then Luthor, and maybe that Ralph guy for hitting on Lois, but you'd be up there, I guarantee it!

Canon Lois: Clark left me during the heatwave. OK, he was only gone a day, but still. Well, day and a half. It was a long day and a half.

Canon Clark: But you saw me during that time.

Canon Lois: I didn't know it then, so it doesn't count.
I'm guessing that canon Clark didn't return at the same time as Superman and actually waited a week or so after it was proved (by snow) that Superman wasn't causing the heat wave before allowing Clark to crawl back to the DP on his hands and knees. That way even though CK and SM left at the same time, they didn’t return at the same time.

Umm, actually, she did. True, she was his prisoner, but still. Of course, Herb thinks she died that night, but he is wrong. Anyway, they only did not end up together because she thought he died.
Yep, Herb was wrong. evil This is not Ken's Herb.

Clark: Thus there is even more reason to stay here and not go back to the demension where everyone I care about is dead. Jimmy, Martha, Jonathan, Lois.
[Linked Image]

Clark: Well if I leave this universe will be without a Superman. What do you want me to do, jump between both universes on a regular basis. Hmm, actually, it might work. Although, probably not.
It make end him up in the wrong place, like the Luthor House for the Mentally Unbalanced.

VirginiaR.
---
"clearly there is a lack of understanding between those two... he speaks Lunkheadanian and she Stubbornanian" -- chelo.
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
- Respose to John’s FDK – Cont.

Clark: Plus, Lois is not blaming me. That's all that really matters.
drool

LOIS: :rolleyes: Lunkhead.

And he has reinforced Lois' idea. Of course, would she have believed him if he claimed no knowledge of Italian.
evil

Do it Clark, do it.
CLARK: She belongs to her true Clark. Though I was to bask in her sunlight for another 3 months, I know that I cannot do more until proved otherwise.

He shouldn't have put off Wells' return for so long.
Though he has hope, it is currently very small indeed.

VirginiaR.
---
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Originally posted by Laurach:
Poor poor Clark. I think I hate HG Wells.
Yes, my Wells isn't perfect. He's trying to help Clark and help this dimension (and this dimension's Lois) only he only ends up making matters worse. Or does he? evil

VirginiaR.
---
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Originally posted by scifiJoan:
I like Clark questioning H.G. Wells about staying in this universe. Doesn't he deserve some happiness too?
CLARK: I think that would be a nice change. Isn't that why I came here?

Love that this Lois is seeing Lex for who he is so much sooner than our Lois.
I always wondered why Lois agreed to date Lex after this Nuclear Power Planet fiasco. I gave one theory in "Jolly St. Clark". I'll give another one here.

VirginiaR.
---
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Hi Virginia,

Finally! Are we looking at a resolution where Herb intervenes, possibly with Lois and/or Alt Clark's help to save the Clark of this universe?

Herb replied, “My boy, I never say … impossible.” "Lois and Clarks"

My stories can be found here

kj
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Originally posted by KenJ:
Finally! Are we looking at a resolution where Herb intervenes, possibly with Lois and/or Alt Clark's help to save the Clark of this universe?
My Herb isn't your Herb, Ken. evil Let's just say, he means well. [Linked Image]

VirginiaR.
---
S
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
S
Hi Virginia,

How could he deny Lois her Clark, the Clark that should have been here? And the bitter irony was that only he, Clark, could save the parallel version of himself. He had to save someone who would be taking his place and gaining everything that he himself had to give up. He knew what he had to do, and the excruciating agony that accompanied it, seemed double of all that other pain combined.
So, Alt-Clark will save this dimension's Clark ; DreamClark will become CanonClark ...and I don't know and I'm lost and I have an headache ! help

Poor Alt-Clark! Will he be alone again?

wave

Sydney

Non ! non, c’est bien plus beau lorsque c’est inutile !
(Edmond Rostand)
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Originally posted by Sydney:
So, Alt-Clark will save this dimension's Clark ; DreamClark will become CanonClark ...and I don't know and I'm lost and I have an headache ! <<super confused Reader needs help>>
Sorry, Sydney. blush

Canon Clark and canon Lois are alive and well over in Herb's original dimension. They haven't factored in this story except how they've related to alt-Clark in canon.

DreamClark = GhostClark = this dimension's true Clark is actually an alt-version of canon Clark, if canon Clark had been killed by Tempus as a baby. If at the point where Tempus tried to kill baby Kal-El the two dimensions separated: one was canon where Kal-El survived and was raised by the Kents, and the other is this current dimension, where he died.

This is how this alt-canon Lois has memories of canon Lois, because up until Perry's birthday in 1995, she lived the same life as canon Lois, but then it was "erased" (repressed is more like it) when baby Kal-El was killed. Then her life continued from Perry's birthday 1995 onwards per "Another Lois". When this dimension was destroyed, Herb discovered it and decided that if alt-Clark came to this dimension, he'd realize that not all Loises were the loving, sweet one he met when canon Lois visited his dimension to save him from Tempus and make him Superman. He would return to his dimension and not try to save his Lois from her past fate and move-on with his life as Superman. He might create a Utopia, but -- Herb doesn't think that's possible with alt-Lois anyway. And this dimension's Lois would realize that Clark wasn't her imagination and wouldn't go crazy and, therefore, be able to save this dimension from destruction. Herb didn't know that Lois had "brought" Clark's soul with her into the "Another Lois" future, and it wasn't her 'imagination' which made everyone think she was crazy, but her true (ghost) Clark, who's soul was stuck to hers.

When Herb brought alt-Clark to this dimension, he essentially broke that tie between this Lois and her true Clark's soul, but she still "remembers" those past alternative futures in the form of echoes, dreams, and "psychic" visions.

What Herb didn't count on was this Clark falling in love with Mad Dog Lane.

Alt-Clark is from alt-dimension, currently living in this alt-canon-dimension. In this part, Alt-Clark (our Clark of this story) has just discovered it might be able to rescue this dimension's Lois's true Clark, who he doesn't know is the equivalent to the other Clark married to the Lois who made him Superman.

Oh, dear, I hope I haven't confused you more. laugh

Poor Alt-Clark! Will he be alone again?
That's the question, isn't it? [Linked Image]

VirginiaR.
---
J
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
J
Lois: OK, Chuck, it wasn't a lie. It was true for a certain point of view. To the right women you probably are as good as Superman.
CLARK: mecry
Clark, your supposed to get the sub-text that Lois thinks she might be the right women. ALthough I guess maybe he is even less likely to think that now.

Peculiar because he hadn't realized she had swiped his maroon tie from the box, so he glanced up to see what she was talking about.
I just assumed that she had the tie because he hadn't taken the box with him, I did not clue into the fact she had swipped the tie. Well, now he will have some new clothes to change into if he stays the night at her place.

John Pack Lambert
J
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
J
I always wondered why Lois agreed to date Lex after this Nuclear Power Planet fiasco. I gave one theory in "Jolly St. Clark". I'll give another one here.
I was hoping that at this point the explanation was she would not date Luthor at all. I guess I should not hope for such a nice world.

John Pack Lambert
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Originally posted by John Lambert:
Clark, your supposed to get the sub-text that Lois thinks she might be the right women. ALthough I guess maybe he is even less likely to think that now.
Of course, Clark thought that Lois wasn't referring to herself as the "right woman".

I just assumed that she had the tie because he hadn't taken the box with him, I did not clue into the fact she had swipped the tie. Well, now he will have some new clothes to change into if he stays the night at her place.
No, Clark has the box with him. Herb comments on it and he sets it down next to him on the bench. Then when he leaves Herb, he mentions (or thinks) that he needs to drop that stuff off before returning to Lois.

I was hoping that at this point the explanation was she would not date Luthor at all. I guess I should not hope for such a nice world.
It may not be what you think. evil

VirginiaR.
---
J
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
J
Why did Wells think Clark would not fall in love with Lois, when canon-Clark fell in love with Lois in the same situation.

I think Wells did not think his plan out at all. It was a very poor plan, period. I do not think it really ever had a chance to work.

John Pack Lambert
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Originally posted by John Lambert:
Why did Wells think Clark would not fall in love with Lois, when canon-Clark fell in love with Lois in the same situation.
Because S1 (pre-Clark) Lois is a much scarier version. He hoped that Clark would be scared off by her aggressive ways, because of having dealt with Lana for 10 years. He thought that this Clark might not have the self-esteem to hold his own against this Lois. (In a way, he was right, at the beginning, but that didn't stop Clark for falling for her.)

I think Wells did not think his plan out at all. It was a very poor plan, period. I do not think it really ever had a chance to work.
TEMPUS: The good never plan, they only act or react. It takes a true evil genius to plan well, and think three steps ahead. Heroes don't do that. laugh

HERB: Neither did you, if I recall.

VirginiaR.
---
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard