Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#91368 11/21/12 04:19 PM
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Happy Thanksgiving, FoLCs!

(Turns out I actually have internet access tonight, so you all get a new chapter!)

Battle On,
Deadly Chakram

"Being with you is stronger than me alone." ~ Clark Kent

"One little spark of inspiration is at the heart of all creation." ~ Figment the Dragon

#91369 11/22/12 12:26 AM
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Finally, a lead.

With any luck the second option will be the outcome for Trask.

Herb replied, “My boy, I never say … impossible.” "Lois and Clarks"

My stories can be found here

kj
#91370 11/22/12 05:25 AM
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
The tension in this segment was very well written. Jensen, that spineless jellyfish, has finally realized what a mistake he made not trying to save Clark as a boy. Now years later he has a chance to redeem himself. No doubt watching the young man being tortured hurts his heart.

Looking at the timeline, it is not a surprise Perry is insisting Lois get back to work. Doing light stuff like the Police Academy graduation is a good way to get back in the saddle, yet still conduct an investigation on the side.

"Such aggression," Ellen said, clucking her tongue and shaking her head. "You'd think we were fighting a war instead of preparing the Thanksgiving meal."
Ellen strikes yet again! Perfectly funny line.

Good to know Jensen is FINALLY showing some backbone. Go get'em Lois! smile1

Morgana

A writer's job is to think of new plots and create characters who stay with you long after the final page has been read. If that mission is accomplished than we have done what we set out to do, which is to entertain and hopefully educate.
#91371 11/22/12 07:15 PM
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
I'm glad you were able to post after all. smile1

Poor Clark! whinging Trask is really treating him and the Kents horribly. I don't understand how anyone could work for B39. Why not go to the police? huh Jenson seems pretty self-serving. He may have finally given Lois the clue she needs, but he still cares more for himself than others. sad

I understand where Perry's coming from making Lois go back to writing. He really is trying to save her job. Clark was kidnapped while on "assignment" so I don't think anyone really has any right to complain about Lois not doing her fair share at work. Wouldn't they want her working that hard to save them, if the situation were reversed? People can be so petty.

Are Lois and Clark just dating at this point or engaged? I thought it was the latter, but I could be confusing this story with Bobbart's (although I don't know why I would because they are so different -- probably because Clark revealed to Lois the truth so early in the story). I was wondering why Lucy didn't know about Lois and Clark. If they were engaged it shouldn't be surprising that Lois loved Clark, so I guess I got that wrong.

What surprised me most about this chapter, besides poor Clark's retched condition, was that Lois agreed to get together with her mother to celebrate Thanksgiving. I cannot believe she felt thankful for anything at this point. I don't understand how she could do either of these things, let alone work with them on the preparation of such a huge meal. I could see her more pushing away her family and tell them if they have something to celebrate then they should do so, but she would instead work on finding Clark and would not celebrate or be thankful for anything until she had his return. Of course, that might have been a bit overdramatic. wink

I'm sure Clark mentioned Jenson to Lois, and mentioned that Trask was trying to have Clark punish those who mistreated him in the military, I would think those would be good leads for Lois to follow... or is she too distraught to think straight?

VirginiaR.
"On the long road, take small steps." -- Jor-el, "The Foundling"
---
"clearly there is a lack of understanding between those two... he speaks Lunkheadanian and she Stubbornanian" -- chelo.
#91372 11/23/12 09:08 AM
J
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
J
November 21, 1994
Lois must be going crazy by now.

If he had learned anything since Trask had brought him here, it was that he was just as volatile and crazy as his father.
Wait, shouln't taking a man like Clark Kent prisoner have clued him into this fact before he showed up?

Jenson lightly touched S on the back. The man did not stir. For one brief moment, Jenson panicked. Had S died while he'd been gathering together his supplies and medical instruments?
Wouldn't surpsie me, except there are a few more parts of this series left.

But eventually, the man pushed himself up, turned, and sat, leaning against the wall.
At least Jenson thinks of S as a person.

And yet, there was still a wealth of intelligence and a spark of determination hidden deeply within those familiar brown orbs.
Clark is more determined and stronger than I thought if he still has any resistence left.

S rolled shook his head again. "Not S. Not anymore. Clark."

"All right then. Clark. Let me take a look at you."
Reader: smile1 he accepts Clark's name.

Lois: You are crazy. We need to get Clark out of prison. No celebrating. whinging

"Don't bother. Dying."
Lois: No dieing on me Clark. whinging

He wanted to help. He really did.
I am unconvinced he has helped at all. Clark could not live with it if he did what Trask wants.

"Lois? Could I see you in my office a moment?"
I am surprised she is functioning this well.

Lois had loved every second of the leisurely flight. She hadn't feared the fact that she had been so far off the ground.
This Lois is exactly the friend Clark needs. Of course Lois is usually such.

But, Lois, you haven't produced a page-one article - or any article, for that matter - since Clark disappeared. I'm getting letters asking if you were fired. Other members of the Planet are wondering why you're allowed to stay on staff."
Her partner was kidnapped in front of her. I really do not see any other action that makes sense than letting her deal with it.

"And you're sure that he was...taken?" Ellen asked, not looking up from her task of cleaning out the turkey innards.
I can see why Lis does not like her mother.

"I'm not saying that he...staged it or anything, mind you. But, well, how well do you ever really know a person? I mean, look at the lengths your father went to in order to cover up his affairs and the fact that he wanted out of our marriage."
If I was Lois I would just leave at this point, even if they are in her apartment.

"Please, Miss Lane, open up. I need to speak with you." There was a weighty pause. The voice lowered, so that Lois had to strain her ears to hear it. "I have information for you. It's about Clark."
Has Jenson showed up to give her a clue?

Cameron took his anger out on me. You see, I was the last person to see S...
He is not earning points by refering to Clark in such a way.

"One of my jobs under the reign of Cameron was to monitor the alien's
He is not doing good at making Lois trust him.

"I've seen liars before. Jenson was telling me the truth. Clark, just hold on for me a little while longer," she whispered to the empty air around her. "I'm coming. And I'm bringing Metropolis' finest with me. Trask will either be in handcuffs or a body bag by the morning."
Yeah, she is ready for the rescue.

John Pack Lambert
#91373 11/24/12 05:28 AM
S
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
S
Hi DC,

Please, stop torturing Clark, Martha and Jonathan! Pretty please?

Let see: Rachel is not in Metropolis to save the day. So, it will be Lois and .... Henderson?

Great story, by the way.

wave

Sydney

Non ! non, c’est bien plus beau lorsque c’est inutile !
(Edmond Rostand)
#91374 11/24/12 07:07 PM
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Originally posted by KenJ:
Finally, a lead.

With any luck the second option will be the outcome for Trask.
You'll find out in the very next chapter. laugh

Lois: I agree with the "finally, a lead" part. And the bodybag part.

Battle On,
Deadly Chakram

"One little spark of inspiration is at the heart of all creation." ~ Figment the Dragon

#91375 11/24/12 07:18 PM
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Originally posted by Morgana:
The tension in this segment was very well written. Jensen, that spineless jellyfish, has finally realized what a mistake he made not trying to save Clark as a boy. Now years later he has a chance to redeem himself. No doubt watching the young man being tortured hurts his heart.

Looking at the timeline, it is not a surprise Perry is insisting Lois get back to work. Doing light stuff like the Police Academy graduation is a good way to get back in the saddle, yet still conduct an investigation on the side.

"Such aggression," Ellen said, clucking her tongue and shaking her head. "You'd think we were fighting a war instead of preparing the Thanksgiving meal."

Good to know Jensen is FINALLY showing some backbone. Go get'em Lois! smile1
Thanks, Morgana! Glad to hear the tension went over well. smile

Yes, Jenson finally did something right. Poor Clark has at least one person in B39 who isn't completely inhuman on his side. It does actually really bother Jenson to see how cruelly Clark is being treated.

Lois does need to get back into the swing of things, to save her job. I wouldn't want to be in Perry's shoes though, telling her that! peep

Thanks!

Battle On,
Deadly Chakram

#91376 11/24/12 07:31 PM
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
I'm glad you were able to post after all.
Thanks! Me too! laugh

Poor Clark! Trask is really treating him and the Kents horribly. I don't understand how anyone could work for B39. Why not go to the police? Jenson seems pretty self-serving. He may have finally given Lois the clue she needs, but he still cares more for himself than others.
Simply put - it's no secret that any attempt to go to the police will result in a bullet to the brain. Jenson is going to be looking out for his own continued existance, but he really does care about Clark.

I understand where Perry's coming from making Lois go back to writing. He really is trying to save her job. Clark was kidnapped while on "assignment" so I don't think anyone really has any right to complain about Lois not doing her fair share at work. Wouldn't they want her working that hard to save them, if the situation were reversed? People can be so petty.
True, but how many people really think that way? Instead, it will look more like she's "wasting" her time on a dead-end investigation and not pulling her "fair share" at work. And forget about the higher-ups breathing down Perry's neck. Why keep a reporter on staff who hasn't produced a single sentence in over a month?

Are Lois and Clark just dating at this point or engaged? I thought it was the latter, but I could be confusing this story with Bobbart's (although I don't know why I would because they are so different -- probably because Clark revealed to Lois the truth so early in the story). I was wondering why Lucy didn't know about Lois and Clark. If they were engaged it shouldn't be surprising that Lois loved Clark, so I guess I got that wrong.
Just dating. Clark told her the secret early on for a couple of reasons. He knew he loved her, and felt uncomfortable taking things further without her knowing. Also, in this universe, he doesn't have to compete with Superman for her affection. So he knew she cared for him, not the powers, because she didn't know the powers existed anywhere in the world. And he was just plain tired of hiding from her. He knew he would someday propose to her, and wanted to be sure she could acually love all of him - that she was okay with being with an alien.

What surprised me most about this chapter, besides poor Clark's retched condition, was that Lois agreed to get together with her mother to celebrate Thanksgiving. I cannot believe she felt thankful for anything at this point. I don't understand how she could do either of these things, let alone work with them on the preparation of such a huge meal. I could see her more pushing away her family and tell them if they have something to celebrate then they should do so, but she would instead work on finding Clark and would not celebrate or be thankful for anything until she had his return. Of course, that might have been a bit overdramatic.
Remember, Ellen is a master manipulator. Throw on enough guilt and needling, and I'm sure Lois would bend just to shut her up. wink

I'm sure Clark mentioned Jenson to Lois, and mentioned that Trask was trying to have Clark punish those who mistreated him in the military, I would think those would be good leads for Lois to follow... or is she too distraught to think straight?
Clark told her all about Jenson, Trask, B39. But nothing was helpful in leads in her investigation. Trask Jr. isn't military. He's a faker. And nothing would lead her to think there might be bunkers underground in Metropolis.

Battle On,
Deadly Chakram

#91377 11/24/12 07:40 PM
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Lois must be going crazy by now.
Lois: I am! This writer is mean! huh <glares at writer>

I am unconvinced he has helped at all. Clark could not live with it if he did what Trask wants.
But he *will* help!

If you call eating, sleeping, breathing, and reading over limited information over and over again until it is memorized functioning... wink

This Lois is exactly the friend Clark needs. Of course Lois is usually such.
<nods> She makes Clark's heart happy.

Her partner was kidnapped in front of her. I really do not see any other action that makes sense than letting her deal with it.
Me too. But business must go on.

If I was Lois I would just leave at this point, even if they are in her apartment.
Or thrown the can of cranberry sauce at her mother.

He is not earning points by refering to Clark in such a way.
Force of habit, not an indication that he thinks of Clark the way Trask does.

Yeah, she is ready for the rescue.
Lois: <grabs up nearest weapon, looses a warcry, and dashes off to do battle>

Battle On,
Deadly Chakram

#91378 11/24/12 07:41 PM
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Originally posted by Sydney:
Hi DC,

Please, stop torturing Clark, Martha and Jonathan! Pretty please?

Let see: Rachel is not in Metropolis to save the day. So, it will be Lois and .... Henderson?

Great story, by the way.

wave
Thank you, Sydney! smile

I promise to stop torturing them soon. Like in the next chapter.

No Rachel around. But we all know and love Bill Henderson! wink

Battle On,
Deadly Chakram

#91379 11/25/12 04:19 AM
Boards Chief Administrator
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
It was so small that S couldn't lay out on the floor stretched to his full length.
Isn’t that against Human Rights and the Geneva Convention or something like that?

resetting broken bones and administering light pain killers when necessary. Once or twice he'd even had to provide a few carefully placed stitches to both of them.
[Linked Image] I can’t believe that’s legal.

He wondered what Trask was doing to them, or was having someone else do to them, but he feared to ask.
Testing sports equipment such as baseball bats and golf clubs?

If he had learned anything since Trask had brought him here, it was that he was just as volatile and crazy as his father.
Maybe he should refrain from sharing that notion with his coworkers.

Had S died while he'd been gathering together his supplies and medical instruments?
Now that would be just awkward for EW.

And yet, there was still a wealth of intelligence and a spark of determination hidden deeply within those familiar brown orbs.
Maybe if they used a spoon to dig one out and examine it more closely? Or put it into a laser array?

"Don't bother. Dying."
Oh boy.

From what Jenson knew of Clark's unique body, it did indeed appear to be teetering on the brink of shutting completely down.
Not enough sunlight, huh?

"Let me help you," Jenson pleaded, grasping Clark's wrist.

"Nothing to you can do," Clark said, his chest heaving with the effort of speaking. "Too late for me."

"Clark, that's not true. I can help you, if you let me."
[Linked Image]

"I know. But I won't kill for him. I'd rather die. Please, Jenson. Just let me die."
What if he actually went and brutally killed Trask and the minions right there with him. Shouldn’t that discourage the other guys from doing anything nefarious?

"Look, Clark, I know Jason's not the most stable guy. But if you value your life..."

"No," Clark said, firmly, as if all of his remaining strength was behind that single word. "Never."

"Damn it, Clark! I'm trying to help you!" Jenson pleaded.
This would make a great ploy for Jason, to send Jenson in there to be the good trainer.

"Lois," he said, his voice barely above a whisper, though his tongue sounded heavy in his sleep.
wave Michael

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, our favorite show, life, and more! (It’s almost like the IRC days of old again!)

I go by Michael on the Archives.
#91380 11/25/12 05:14 PM
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Isn’t that against Human Rights and the Geneva Convention or something like that?
Trask: Don't know. Never bothered to look it up.

I can’t believe that’s legal.
Jenson: That may be so but...<points to Trask's gun and shrugs>

Testing sports equipment such as baseball bats and golf clubs?
Trask: Could be worse. Could be hand grenades.

Maybe he should refrain from sharing that notion with his coworkers.
Jenson: Soooo....I guess I should *not* have posted that as my facebook status?

Trask: Jenson? Could I see you in my office for a moment?

Jenson: help

Now that would be just awkward for EW.
And ERs too!

Maybe if they used a spoon to dig one out and examine it more closely? Or put it into a laser array?
Give it to a high school biology class to dissect?

Not enough sunlight, huh?
He's like a plant under Lois' care. So...a goner.

What if he actually went and brutally killed Trask and the minions right there with him. Shouldn’t that discourage the other guys from doing anything nefarious?
clap

This would make a great ploy for Jason, to send Jenson in there to be the good trainer.
True!

Which part of him?
clap

She really doesn’t know much about Lois’s stand on cooking, does she?
rotflol

Don’t they have frozen turkey dinners?
I would imagine Lois would press for that. And immediately get steam-rolled over by Ellen.

Thanksgiving dinner for fish!
Fish: Thanks, writer!!!

Heat-vision accident?
And he wore a dog's head helm ever since... wink

Oh boy. She *is* ticked off.
Lois: <cracks knuckles and storms off after Trask>

Battle On,
Deadly Chakram

#91381 12/01/12 04:29 AM
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
quote: I can’t believe that’s legal.

Jenson: That may be so but...<points to Trask's gun and shrugs>
Trask does have a pointy end, doesn’t he?

Trask: Could be worse. Could be hand grenades.
But those also endanger the not so innocent bystanders.

Jenson: Soooo....I guess I should *not* have posted that as my facebook status?

Trask: Jenson? Could I see you in my office for a moment?

Jenson: [Help]
wave Michael

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, our favorite show, life, and more! (It’s almost like the IRC days of old again!)

I go by Michael on the Archives.
#91382 12/01/12 07:29 PM
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
But those also endanger the not so innocent bystanders.
Trask: That's why I'm standing all the way over here, behind a blast shield.

Much too valuable. Unless, maybe a special eye for Lex Jr?
rotflol

Battle On,
Deadly Chakram

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard