Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
#91321 11/20/12 07:44 PM
bobbart Offline OP
Top Banana
OP Offline
Top Banana
I hope the low-angst finish didn't disappoint. I didn't think a high-angst story would have been right for something that was based on a funny short.

I figured that as long as Lois had her memory, things would be fine. Lois knew that she'd been the instigator of their relationship and that Clark had tried his best to navigate the waters in which he found himself.

Comments here please.

Bob

#91322 11/20/12 08:13 PM
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
clap

Bob, thank you again for this wonderful story! I have a suspicion that there may be Kerths in store for it. smile

~•~
#91323 11/20/12 08:19 PM
F
Kerth
Kerth
F
Well done, I really did not think you could pull it off but you did. Well done.

Framework4
#91324 11/20/12 09:18 PM
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
Yay! Lois doesn't hate him!

party

I've enjoyed this story, thanks laugh

Tara

Rose: You're NOT keeping the horse!
Doctor Who: I let you keep Mickey, now lets go!
Doctor Who, The Girl in the Fireplace
#91325 11/20/12 09:23 PM
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Awwwwwwwwwww. clap Well, you fooled me. All my guesses were wrong, but that's half the fun. Glad it was calm Lois who came to Clark, not angry Lois -- she can be exhausting.

So, if she isn't Lo-Lo and she isn't Lois, who is she? Lo Kent? wink

Thanks for explaining the science behind the treatment. They probably should have mentioned that in advance to Clark.

Great story! Held me at the edge of my seat. Bravo! notworthy

VirginiaR.
"On the long road, take small steps." -- Jor-el, "The Foundling"
---
"clearly there is a lack of understanding between those two... he speaks Lunkheadanian and she Stubbornanian" -- chelo.
#91326 11/20/12 11:50 PM
Kerth
Kerth
Great ending, Bob. Now that I've read it, I think you chose the only possible way to get a realistic and happy ending. Lois needed to get the antidote treatment - without it, Clark (and probably Lo, too) would never know if what they had was real.

Lois keeping her memory meant she was able to remember things as they had been.

Intriguing set up and very well written. clap

Corrina.

#91327 11/21/12 01:10 AM
T
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
T
I'm glad to see I missed some of my guesses. I was only half-right about the cure, I missed the truth about the relationship between Samantha and Jason, and I missed how Lois would come out of the experience. But I like your ending better.

I really like the science you wrapped into the story. You do that sort of thing very well, and I always enjoy reading your stories because of that aspect. I also like Lois' balanced attitude in this chapter, how she explains that even though she's back from Sugarland and that Lo-Lo is gone, she wants some of the things from that life to go with the fire and the drive she's recovered.

She's found both sides of her personality and integrated them as one. This Lois didn't have the chance to grow into the kinder, gentler Lois we saw on the show. Instead, she was pushed into a crucible and crushed, even if she didn't understand it. And I'm glad that Clark resisted her Lo-Lo marriage plans and strongly encouraged her to take the cure. That worked in his favor when Lois came back with a vengeance.

I'm also glad that Lois apparently didn't spill The Secret, even when she was overwhelmed with negative emotions. That means that she still retained some intellectual control over what she said and did.

Good story, Bob. Tense with a very satisfying ending. Thanks for the interesting ride!

Life isn't a support system for writing. It's the other way around.

- Stephen King, from On Writing
#91328 11/21/12 02:33 AM
S
Merriwether
Merriwether
S
Great story, Bob!

Joan thumbsup

#91329 11/21/12 05:03 AM
S
SJH Offline
Features Writer
Features Writer
S
Chicken.

"I'm red-eyed, tired and drunk" Teri Hatcher
"Fun will now commence" 7of9
#91330 11/21/12 05:28 AM
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Bob,

Loved it. Very well done!

I was wondering about what she had given to Perry. A diary was the ideal thing just in case she forgot just what they had.

I was relieved that Luthor didn't get his grubby claws into her.

Herb replied, “My boy, I never say … impossible.” "Lois and Clarks"

My stories can be found here

kj
#91331 11/21/12 06:20 AM
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Loved this story! clap What about a sequel? I'd love to see Luthor's reaction when he finds out that Lois is really in love with Clark even after "the cure". twins

Andreia

"My wife's love is what unites Krypton and Earth in my heart. Without it, without her, I truly would be in hell."

~ Superman: Man of Tomorrow #15
#91332 11/21/12 07:07 AM
J
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
J
party for happy ending.

I wish Clark had not wandered back there, but I guess the story needs tension. I am so glad Lois remembered everything. I think her journal would have worked, but things would have taken longer.

I am really glad she still wants to marry Clark.

John Pack Lambert
#91333 11/21/12 07:11 AM
J
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
J
A sequal of having to deal with a thwarted Luthor might be interesting.

John Pack Lambert
#91334 11/21/12 11:13 AM
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Very nice!

Clark: “If we can be born in an instant, and die in an instant, why can’t we fall in love in an instant?”

Caroline's "Stardust"
#91335 11/21/12 11:35 AM
bobbart Offline OP
Top Banana
OP Offline
Top Banana
First off, thank you all for the taking the time to post the feedback. As I’m sure you all know, it's what keeps the muse coming back the next time an idea hits.

As for this story and where it went, it was the story that I wanted to tell. There are many “tragic” endings to this story. Some that I considered (not very seriously, but considered)
1. The anti-Revenge antidote leaves Lois stuck in permanent “I hate everyone” mode.
2. Same as ‘1’ above but she ends up marrying Lex because he’s the only person that is right about the world.
3. Lois returns as normal but hates her life. She deliberately re-doses Revenge and becomes Lo-Lo forever.
4. Lois’s ACC ends up damaged and she comes back as bipolar Lois. ½ the time she’s angry and cold and the other ½ the time she’s Lo-Lo. (This is very close to my original chapter 8!)

Queen of Capes:
Yay! Happy ending! And smoochies!

Bob, thank you again for this wonderful story!
Thank you. And thank you for the inspiration. smile

Framework4:
Thank you. I just told the story that was there.

StarKat:
Yay! Lois doesn't hate him!
As I said above, I always saw Lois’s memory as the key. Let’s face it, Clark is a really nice guy. She – as Lo-Lo – lived with him for all that time and would know what kind of person he was. If she has her memory, I can certainly see an ending where Lois decided to break off their relationship, but the only way that I could see her hating him would be if there was some other factor such as the anti-Revenge not wearing off.

VirginiaR:
Glad it was calm Lois who came to Clark, not angry Lois -- she can be exhausting.
smile That reminds me of my original version of Chapter 8.
Thanks for explaining the science behind the treatment. They probably should have mentioned that in advance to Clark.
Yes, but where would be the fun in that?

My real explanation is that it was a medical issue and Clark had no standing for the doctor to discuss Lois’s medical issues. Since Lo-Lo never asked for a briefing in Clark’s presence, then the doctor had no reason to say anything to Clark. The error here was Lo-Lo’s for not asking for an explanation in Clark's presence, but she did have other things on her mind.

Corrina:
Lois needed to get the antidote treatment - without it, Clark (and probably Lo, too) would never know if what they had was real.
It would almost be tempting to write the other story. What would life with Lo-Lo be like over the long term? What kind or marriage would that be? Would Perry eventually fire her?

Terry:
I'm glad to see I missed some of my guesses. I was only half-right about the cure, I missed the truth about the relationship between Samantha and Jason, and I missed how Lois would come out of the experience. But I like your ending better.
Many of your ideas were very close, and all of them would be good story.
I really like the science you wrapped into the story. You do that sort of thing very well, and I always enjoy reading your stories because of that aspect.
smile Thank you. I hate it when the science is so obviously wrong that it interferes with my ability to enjoy the story. (For me, that happens a lot.)
I'm also glad that Lois apparently didn't spill The Secret, even when she was overwhelmed with negative emotions. That means that she still retained some intellectual control over what she said and did.
In one draft of Chapter 8 Lois talks about fighting to not say anything, but that didn’t make the final cut.
Good story, Bob. Tense with a very satisfying ending. Thanks for the interesting ride!
Thank you, I’m glad you enjoyed it.

Joan:
Thank you.

SJH:
Chicken.
I’m not sure what you mean. I guess you wanted a more angsty end. I’m sorry that you didn’t like the way the story turned out, but that was not the story that I intended to write.

Ken:
I was relieved that Luthor didn't get his grubby claws into her.
Especially with the work being done at Lex Labs. Ending #2 above is a very dark future indeed.

Andreia:
What about a sequel? I'd love to see Luthor's reaction when he finds out that Lois is really in love with Clark even after "the cure".

And will Lois Mad Dog Lane keep on being friends with Cat?
Some of those are certainly interesting, but I don’t have any ideas for a story arc now. I have been having so much trouble with writers block that I’m amazed I was able to find this story. I guess all I can say is that I’m not opposed to more, but right now I don’t have anything in mind.

John:
A sequel of having to deal with a thwarted Luthor might be interesting.
I love a frustrated and angry Lex. When I think of Lex reacting badly to Clark and Lois getting together, my “Gold Standard” is what he does in The Accidental Husband by Erin Klingler . However, right now I’m working on something else to frustrate Lex in another story.

Laurach:
Thank you. smile

Bob

#91336 11/21/12 05:48 PM
Merriwether
Merriwether
smile1 That's how things should be in the L&C universe, so I think you made a good choice to give us the happy ending you knew we'd want. thumbsup (And admit it; you wanted there to be a happy ending, too. wink )

Thanks for sharing this one with us; it was a real treat to be able to follow it these last several days. smile

Kathy

#91337 11/22/12 05:27 AM
Pulitzer
Online Content
Pulitzer
Whew! After betaing the alternative ending this is a much better, wiser solution. hyper

Morgana

A writer's job is to think of new plots and create characters who stay with you long after the final page has been read. If that mission is accomplished than we have done what we set out to do, which is to entertain and hopefully educate.
#91338 11/24/12 03:38 PM
bobbart Offline OP
Top Banana
OP Offline
Top Banana
Hi Kathy smile1 Of course. Some day I'm going to write one of those dark stories I've been sitting on, but this was not that day. smile1

Morgana:
Whew! After betaing the alternative ending this is a much better, wiser solution.
Bipolar Lois was never my intended outcome. The reality is that after writing Lo-Lo for the whole story, I had trouble finding the real Lois.

However, I am now looking for as story where I can use "angry Vulcan" Lois. How about this... Imagine a LnC - Star Trek crossover where Clark is an ambassador from Krypton to Vulcan. Lois is his Vulcan contact and doesn't think much of this over-emotional Kryptonian. Hmmm. I think there may be a real story there.

Anyway, thanks again for all you help on this.

Bob

#91339 12/06/12 06:13 PM
Kerth
Kerth
Yay! Bob, I really loved this story. The angry Lois part threw me for a loop for sure, and had me very concerned, but all's well that ends well, as they say! clap Definitely a Kerth-worthy fic! I thoroughly enjoyed it.

Nothing spoils a good story like the arrival of an eye witness.
--Mark Twain
#91340 12/08/12 11:13 AM
bobbart Offline OP
Top Banana
OP Offline
Top Banana
Hi, Mouserocks
Yay! Bob, I really loved this story.
Thank you. I'm glad you enjoyed it.
The angry Lois part threw me for a loop for sure, and had me very concerned, but all's well that ends well, as they say!
Part of me still thinks I should have dragged it out a little longer, but that was not this story.

Thank you for the feedback.

Bob

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard