Next Thread
Print Thread
#91308 11/20/12 08:59 AM
bobbart Offline OP
Top Banana
OP Offline
Top Banana
peep I imagine that didn't go exactly like everyone expected. peep

This is the point where we diverge from Queen of the Capes original story. In my mind, If Lo had not elected to take the treatment voluntarily, she would have won the case and you have the other story.

Let me know what you think.

Bob

#91309 11/20/12 09:26 AM
L
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
L
mecry mecry mecry

I've been quiet for a few parts, but I have been enjoying the story immensely.

I'm not sure how you'll turn the situation around in the final part, but I am eager to find out.

Joy,
Lynn

#91310 11/20/12 11:37 AM
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
</font><blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><hr /><font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Originally posted by bobbart:
<strong> whinging

I can't help but think that the partial amnesia effect is muchly to blame. I mean, maybe critical information is missing that completely changes everything. Or...maybe the antidote is as much of a personality changer as the original drug? That's a scary thought. As soon as they said that Lois had to be surrounded by hospital staff, my thought was that Luthor was going to go all "Dr. Deter" on us and manipulate her while she can't recall the truth.

So she remembers at least some things, though...But wow, her reaction is worse than I'd expected or even feared. eek

Bob~! Please hurry up and fix this! mecry

~•~
#91311 11/20/12 11:46 AM
J
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
J
This is a very distressing development. I am hoping Clark figures out a way to convince Lois it is not as bad as she thinks.

John Pack Lambert
#91312 11/20/12 12:21 PM
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Yep. Lois and Clark shouldn't have trusted LexLabs to give Lois the right drug. There shouldn't have been any reason that friends and family couldn't be present for a "shot". Something else is going on. It sounds like it did the opposite of what Revenge did.

I'm curious about the papers that Lois gave to Perry; I'm hoping they are some sort of reminder of how much Clark loved Lois more than Lo-Lo. At least Lois remembers. If she remembers, she'll remember all of Clark's good. I hope that she gave Perry Medical Power of Attorney to run tests on her at STAR Labs to make sure that she is fully recovered. I'm also curious how Samantha's story differed from Lois and Clark's. What was it that we didn't learn? Something else happened to change Lois's mind while Clark was away at the Orphanage.

There's definitely more going on here than meets the eye. I feel for Clark, but I'm betting Bobbart won't leave it like this. grovel

VirginiaR.
"On the long road, take small steps." -- Jor-el, "The Foundling"
---
"clearly there is a lack of understanding between those two... he speaks Lunkheadanian and she Stubbornanian" -- chelo.
#91313 11/20/12 01:09 PM
T
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
T
I don't think the "cure" is a cure at all. I think it's a drug to reverse the subject's emotional balance out of whack the other way. If Samantha had been honest and objective, she would have realized that Jason did her a favor by not marrying her. He didn't take advantage of her, he just succumbed to her pressure. And maybe he cared for her more than she knew or now believes.

This is bad, Bob. This is really bad. I hope you have a magic wand, or at least a magic hypo in your bag of tricks to snap Lois out of her hatred and fury. Because if she remembers that Clark is Superman, would she now destroy his life by revealing that secret to the world?

Or - worse - try to blackmail him with it? "Kent, I need some cover on this stakeout. Have Superman watch over me and be my personal body armor while I'm spying on these Colombian drug lords."

help !

Life isn't a support system for writing. It's the other way around.

- Stephen King, from On Writing
#91314 11/20/12 04:12 PM
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
I was Leary of lexlabs involvement from the start. I am also curious about the papers that she gave to Perry.

I wonder if it is a request for indipendsnt verification and perhaps a request for a fresh dose of revenge.

Herb replied, “My boy, I never say … impossible.” "Lois and Clarks"

My stories can be found here

kj
#91315 11/20/12 08:07 PM
F
Kerth
Kerth
F
Well done. Very well done. I like that Lois took the "cure".

With only one part left there is no time for it to be a false antidote. I think Lois' reaction is exactly on track with who Lois was at this point in the series.

I was delighted that you dealt with the "do it illegally against their will" issue by having that have been done to someone else.

I think that Lois will calm down in a few days, I also think that she will not betray Superman.
I’ll hate you forever!
Cheer up folks, during my first year of marriage I can not count the number of times my wife said she hated me and marrying me was a complete mistake. We have been married over 35 years now. We got married way too young and the first couple of years were rather rocky. We got past that. An older friend told us that a lasting marriage is a union of two good forgivers.

I do think the only way to get Lois and Clark back together is to let time, lots of time, pass.

Perhaps Clark leaves town, going on the road and around the world again, free lancing, writing a travel book or seven, writing some award winning human interest stories, and covering some wars, and tracking down and exposing some of Lex's overseas operations.

Lois reads his articles, from time to time a story she is working on connects up, and they cooperate on it via telephone and the like.

Lois' friendship with Cat endures and deepens. Lois, Cat & Linda King bring down Preston Carpenter . Linda goes to work at the Planet and helps Lois, who along with recalling that Clark is Superman also recalls why he does not trust Lex Luthor, look in to Lex's local operations.

In time Clark's overseas work, and the work done by Lane, Grant and King dovetail forming a more complete picture. These four with help from a score of other reporters bring down the House of Luthor.

Along the way they have taken down Intergang, The Sopranos, and prevent 9/11 from occurring.

Lois and Clark meet again in person for the first time in years when they together with Linda and Cat accept their well earned Pulitzer Prize.

Framework4
#91316 11/21/12 07:44 AM
bobbart Offline OP
Top Banana
OP Offline
Top Banana
A general comment: There are many ways forward from here that came to me while considering where to go from here. Some of them take many chapters and others resolve themselves quite quickly.

Lynn:
I'm not sure how you'll turn the situation around in the final part, but I am eager to find out.
I assure you that there is a one-chapter solution with a happy ending. For that matter, there are also at least a few 1-chapter solutions with tragic endings.

Queen of Capes:
As soon as they said that Lois had to be surrounded by hospital staff, my thought was that Luthor was going to go all "Dr. Deter" on us and manipulate her while she can't recall the truth.
I have to admit that this is one idea that never occurred to me. Maybe it’s because I dislike that episode so much. To me, pretty much everything involving both weddings is bad storytelling.

John:
This is a very distressing development. I am hoping Clark figures out a way to convince Lois it is not as bad as she thinks.
dizzy I guess the question is how does he do that if she hates him.

VirginiaR:
It sounds like it did the opposite of what Revenge did.
Hmmm…
I'm curious about the papers that Lois gave to Perry; I'm hoping they are some sort of reminder of how much Clark loved Lois more than Lo-Lo.

At least Lois remembers. If she remembers, she'll remember all of Clark's good.

I'm also curious how Samantha's story differed from Lois and Clark's. What was it that we didn't learn? Something else happened to change Lois's mind while Clark was away at the Orphanage.
All good points. Hmmm again.

Terry:
I don't think the "cure" is a cure at all. I think it's a drug to reverse the subject's emotional balance out of whack the other way.
That seems to be a common impression.
If Samantha had been honest and objective, she would have realized that Jason did her a favor by not marrying her.
That is certainly true, but we don’t know his motivation. Also, Samantha is not in a place to appreciate anything good about Jason at this time. Without knowing more about both the treatment and her situation, we only have what she said to go on.
Because if she remembers that Clark is Superman, would she now destroy his life by revealing that secret to the world?

Or - worse - try to blackmail him with it? "Kent, I need some cover on this stakeout. Have Superman watch over me and be my personal body armor while I'm spying on these Colombian drug lords."
It was clear to me right from the beginning that this story has more potential “tragic” endpoints than happy endings. When you are messing around with peoples minds and feelings really bad things can happen.

Ken:
I was Leary of lexlabs involvement from the start.
Hmmm… We’ll have to see how things turn out. But certainly the fact that this is Lex Labs poses a question about what the treatment is really doing.
I am also curious about the papers that she gave to Perry.

I wonder if it is a request for independent verification and perhaps a request for a fresh dose of revenge.
I guess the question is what is Lo-Lo thinking when she decided to leave something with Perry. Maybe it’s work related. Or a recipe for Peach Cobbler… smile

Framework4:
I think that Lois will calm down in a few days, I also think that she will not betray Superman.
That is a very possible outcome. However, anything that involves that would take a lot more than 1 chapter to get to a happy ending.
I do think the only way to get Lois and Clark back together is to let time, lots of time, pass.

Perhaps Clark leaves town, going on the road and around the world again, free lancing, writing a travel book or seven, writing some award winning human interest stories, and covering some wars, and tracking down and exposing some of Lex's overseas operations.

Lois reads his articles, from time to time a story she is working on connects up, and they cooperate on it via telephone and the like.

Lois' friendship with Cat endures and deepens. Lois, Cat & Linda King bring down Preston Carpenter. Linda goes to work at the Planet and helps Lois, who along with recalling that Clark is Superman also recalls why he does not trust Lex Luthor, look in to Lex's local operations.

In time Clark's overseas work, and the work done by Lane, Grant and King dovetail forming a more complete picture. These four with help from a score of other reporters bring down the House of Luthor.

Along the way they have taken down Intergang, The Sopranos, and prevent 9/11 from occurring.

Lois and Clark meet again in person for the first time in years when they together with Linda and Cat accept their well earned Pulitzer Prize.
WOW! shock
In the immortal words of Angelica in Joe Verses the Volcano, "I have no response to that." smile

Bob

#91317 12/31/12 12:11 AM
Boards Chief Administrator
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
He’d been kind – maybe too kind – in the way he rejected her stories. However, now it was clear that he was rejecting them because she wasn’t working up to his standards. She’d thought it was just her writing style, but now she knew it was more.
[Linked Image]

“No. He put me off and suggested we just live together for a while. I remember being disappointed, but as long as I could be with Jason, I was happy to be with him on whatever terms he wanted.”
Oh boy. Also, cow shopping vs free milk. And it does sound a lot like what happened to Lois.

“About 10 days ago my sister convinced me to get a flu shot. But she’d tricked me and it was actually the Revenge antidote. My family had bribed one of Dr. Jensen’s assistants and convinced him to steal a dose of the Revenge antidote.
Is that a criminal offense? Bodily injury charges at least?

“How do you feel about your sister now?”

“I thank her every day for freeing me.”
But she’s still pressing charges, right? A conviction with a year or two in max security on Striker’s? Plus monetary compensation?

Think about it, if you were really that into him, you would have done something before.
Not necessarily.

However, the proceedings this morning made an impression, and I am ready to undergo the procedure to reverse the effects of Revenge.
help

In that instant something changed and Lois’s screams turned to cries of anguish. “How could he betray me like this? He… he took such advantage of me. He used me… He used me over and over. I thought… I thought he was my friend.”
wave Michael

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, our favorite show, life, and more! (It’s almost like the IRC days of old again!)

I go by Michael on the Archives.
#91318 01/01/13 11:03 AM
bobbart Offline OP
Top Banana
OP Offline
Top Banana
Hi, Michael:
But she’s still pressing charges, right? A conviction with a year or two in max security on Striker’s? Plus monetary compensation?
smile If the "antidote" had performed differently you can bet that is what would have happened.
Think about it, if you were really that into him, you would have done something before.
Not necessarily.
This is a really important point. There is a HUGE element (actually several elements) of the Clark/Lois relationship that NO ONE knows about.

Also, I said it earlier but I have to say it again. I love your custom emoticons! clap

Bob

#91319 01/05/13 09:45 AM
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
This is a really important point. There is a HUGE element (actually several elements) of the Clark/Lois relationship that NO ONE knows about.
Not even Lois. Or Clark. wave Michael

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, our favorite show, life, and more! (It’s almost like the IRC days of old again!)

I go by Michael on the Archives.

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard