Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
#91238 11/17/12 09:23 PM
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Wrong Place, Wrong Time, Wrong Clark TOC can be found Here

The Smallville Arc is finally at an end after only roughly 15 parts. [Linked Image] Should I still have any readers left laugh , I would like to let them know that the timeline will now once again speed up. I apologize for the length of the Smallville Arc, but it was very important to what will come in the future. evil

/fans self/ Say, is anyone else hot? /tugs nervously at collar/. Comments?

Last edited by VirginiaR; 05/16/14 01:31 PM. Reason: Added Link

VirginiaR.
"On the long road, take small steps." -- Jor-el, "The Foundling"
---
"clearly there is a lack of understanding between those two... he speaks Lunkheadanian and she Stubbornanian" -- chelo.
S
Merriwether
Merriwether
S
Sounds like Clark is taking things too slow with his five point plan. I hope something happens to nudge him along. Love the residents of Smallville selling fake Krpytonite meteors!

A little heat in November? How timely.

Joan

Columnist
Columnist
Eeeep! Some very good parts are approaching! I might have to read them again! laugh

.talk nerdy to me.
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
JOAN: I didn't scare you off with my crazy characters and lack of Clarkie bear! smile1

Eeeep! Some very good parts are approaching! I might have to read them again!
cat Another hacker! Nah, just joking. She's a Beta. She might actually know which direction this rollercoaster turns next. [Linked Image] Glad you enjoyed the next series of loop de loops.

VirginiaR.
---
"clearly there is a lack of understanding between those two... he speaks Lunkheadanian and she Stubbornanian" -- chelo.
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Five steps!? eek I guess it translates as "he will never tell her". Ever. help

Step One: Earn Back Lois’s Trust. This was the stage currently miring him.

Once he had completed that (...)
How? He keeps lying to her. Does he want to build trust based on a lie? huh

Step Two: Tell Her The Details About His Life.

Well, tell her about his Clark side’s life.

[...]

Clearly, he would have to be vague about the locale of where these events took place

[...]

Hopefully, Lois would understand why he couldn’t tell her his ex-fiancée’s name.
Vague? Give Lois a flimsy clue and she will dig until she finds the deepest secrets. She found the real Clark Kent's grave and she didn't even know he had existed. And why would any woman understand that a man can’t say his ex-fiancé’s name? [Linked Image]

Step three was all about doing things for her using his abilities.

[...]

A part of him hoped she would have put enough things together, so that when he told her the truth, it would finally be believable.
Hello! If you want it to be believable just levitate! [Linked Image]

It still rankled that Lois hadn’t believed him when he told her he was Superman at the Kents’ farm.
Let's see: Everybody thought Superman was invulnerable. Nobody but the Kents knew about kryptonite. He passed out. He was captured by Trask. He was hurt and shot. He barely could stand up. Tell me again, oh smart one, why should she believe you were Superman? [Linked Image]

Step Four: Tell Her The Truth. Not the whole truth, of course.
Half truth is half lie. And half lie is still a lie. :rolleyes:

Maybe, someday, he would get up the nerve to get to Step Five: Tell Her The Whole Truth.

[...]

How would she ever accept his love as genuine if he told her that he had fallen in love with the ‘her’ from another dimension first? No. Those secrets weren’t ones he would be able to share with her anytime in the near, or far, future.
See? He will never tell her. wallbash

I apologize for the length of the Smallville Arc, but it was very important to what will come in the future.
Hummm... In Smallville we have proof that Clark didn't grow up there, his false past story and the real Clark Kent's grave. What will be important in the future? spider

Andreia

"My wife's love is what unites Krypton and Earth in my heart. Without it, without her, I truly would be in hell."

~ Superman: Man of Tomorrow #15
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Ultra Woman: hyper Okay, you're bashing Clark in his lunkhead, but he deserves it. wink
Five steps!? I guess it translates as "he will never tell her". Ever. <<expresses hatered of Clark's 5 point plan>> It's the longest planned procrastination method I've seen so far.
In Clark's defense, he *wants* to tell her, which is more than canon Clark did at this part in canon. <<ducking>>

<<eyes pop out of her head in amazement>> And he still believes Lois will want a relationship with him when he's planning to keep her in the dark!? <<starts to get dizzy at Clark's lack of knowledge in women>> Or he is too naive or he doesn't know Lois at all. <<expresses doubt that this plan will work>>
Well, even this Clark does have that little bit of optimism left. <<ducking again, from tomatoes this time>>

Clark is making it easy for Luthor to find the truth (that the Italy story is bogus) and give it to Lois on a silver plate, making Luthor look like the truthful and trusty friend that is saving her from a lying and crooked partner. <<help!!>>
EW: <<hands UW a 2x4>> Hit away! laugh Although, I don't understand how Luthor would find out before Lois, but it *could* happen. evil Both Luthor and Lois are looking in all the wrong places for Clark's past. Also, Clark doesn't know that Lois has heard Jonathan's theory about Clark's Italian ancestry.

How? He keeps lying to her. Does he want to build trust based on a lie? <<completely baffled by Clark's logic, or lack thereof>>
By showing to her that even though she doesn't know his history, she knows the kind of man he has (otherwise) always shown her that he is.

Vague? Give Lois a flimsy clue and she will dig until she finds the deepest secrets. She found the real Clark Kent's grave and she didn't even know he had existed. And why would any woman understand that a man can’t say his ex-fiancé’s name? <<impaitently waits for Clark to show any intelligence whatsoever>>
I have never told my husband the names of all my former beaus as they were not important to our relationship. What happened in those relationship, yes; the man's name, not so much. Clark is working on this age-old tradition. Of course, Lois isn't like other women and it is *possible* that she won't accept only half-truths.

Hello! If you want it to be believable just levitate! <<screaming obscenities at Clark>>
CLARK: [Linked Image] But then she'd know for certain and I'd have no way to change my mind and back out again. What if she reacted like Lana. I don't think I could take that a second time. What if she hated me and never wanted to talk to me again? What if...

LOIS: [Linked Image] Snap out of it!

CLARK: Right. Thanks, I needed that. Now, where were we?

LOIS: You were telling me about your past.

CLARK: Right. Uh... Um... thud

LOIS: This is going to take a while.

Let's see: Everybody thought Superman was invulnerable. Nobody but the Kents knew about kryptonite. He passed out. He was captured by Trask. He was hurt and shot. He barely could stand up. Tell me again, oh smart one, why should she believe you were Superman?
CLARK: Because I said "I am Superman"?

Half truth is half lie. And half lie is still a lie. <<rolls eyes at the obviousness of this statement>>
CLARK: Yes, but, it's better than all lies, isn't it? Anyway, that other stuff really isn't important for our relationship, right? <<ducking more tomatoes>>

See? He will never tell her. <<banging her head against a wall in frustration at Clark's baffling logic>>
He thinks because Lois cares for Superman, there is a greater possiblity that she'll forgive him for keeping that secret (once he tells her). Telling Lois about the other Lois might be something she'd might never forgive him for, and therefore is the scariest secret of them all.

Hummm... In Smallville we have proof that Clark didn't grow up there, his false past story and the real Clark Kent's grave. What will be important in the future? <<in the future, something this way creepith>>
Yes, all those things were discovered during the Smallville arc, but those were only things that LOIS learned. [Linked Image]

VirginiaR.
---
R
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
R
My problem is Clark/Superman's seeming lack of seriousness about kryptonite. He told Lois in the previous chapter he doesn't know if it can kill him!? Shouldn't he look into this. Shouldn't he know?!

He admitted that the baby Kal may have dies because K weakened him and other factors killed him. So at the least K can indirectly kill Clark.

Lex will know for sure soon enough.

Superman's naivete will ultimately lead to his death. Being an innocent Boy Scout believing the the goodness of everyone won't cut it in a world with larger than life villains like Lex.

Lois needs to knock some sense into him or he won't be long for this world.

Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Randi: Welcome to my story! smile1

My problem is Clark/Superman's seeming lack of seriousness about kryptonite. He told Lois in the previous chapter he doesn't know if it can kill him!? Shouldn't he look into this. Shouldn't he know?!

He admitted that the baby Kal may have dies because K weakened him and other factors killed him. So at the least K can indirectly kill Clark.
Lack of seriousness? I'm not sure about that. Whether or not Kryptonite could kill Clark on its own, K still hurts like hell and it's not like he'll go and buy Kryptonite Crunchies at the local market for breakfast just to test it out (as one recent spoof suggested).

Yes, Lex won't care about tested theories. He'll be willing to test them out on his own.

Superman's naivete will ultimately lead to his death. Being an innocent Boy Scout believing the the goodness of everyone won't cut it in a world with larger than life villains like Lex.
Does my Clark believe in the goodness of everyone more than canon Clark? I don't seem him as naive. I see him as more world wise, less womanwise, than canon Clark.

You're probably right about that. <<hands Randi a 2x4 spiked with K to test out on Clark>>

Please, don't kill Clark but feel free to maime him. This isn't a death fic.

CLARK: Hey! I mean, yea! But, still, HEY!

VirginiaR.
---
R
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
R
Originally posted by VirginiaR:
[b]Randi: Welcome to my story! smile1

Lack of seriousness? I'm not sure about that. Whether or not Kryptonite could kill Clark on its own, K still hurts like hell and it's not like he'll go and buy Kryptonite Crunchies at the local market for breakfast just to test it out (as one recent spoof suggested).

Yes, Lex won't care about tested theories. He'll be willing to test them out on his own.

Does my Clark believe in the goodness of everyone more than canon Clark? I don't seem him as naive. I see him as more world wise, less womanwise, than canon Clark.

You're probably right about that. <<hands Randi a 2x4 spiked with K to test out on Clark>>

Please, don't kill Clark but feel free to maime him. This isn't a death fic.

CLARK: Hey! I mean, yea! But, still, HEY! [/b]
No this isn't a death-fic. Though I am a big fan of the occasional death-fic. They are too rare here.

But Clark's lackluster concern about K. in this story makes him too much the "canon" Boy Scout.

Let's just say that this Clark/Supes in a "real" world with this Lex - well you figure it out.

J
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
J
“He was undercover as my estranged husband, so everyone in town wouldn’t know he was related to the Kents. He slept on the couch,” Lois explained.
Clark: Did she have to emphasize we slept in different beds?

“Kent, the Environmental Impact Committee is holding up the opening of the new LexCorp’s Nuclear Power Plant. See what you can find out about what’s causing the delay.”
Well, now we are moving into MoSB. I hope Lois begins to suspect Luthor, but I am not holding my breath.

Clark swallowed and glanced away. “He didn’t want it to sound like he misled you in any way or that you…” He cleared his throat. “— had any errors in your initial description of the scene.”
smile1 smile1 They are still partners.

Clark cleared his throat. “And our personal one?”
I don't know. I think Clark should let the victory set in for a bit.

“We went on one official, and one non-official, date and we had brunch last Sunday. I would like us to remain friends,” she said, watching, as her words seemed to absorb into him like an acid and caused him pain. She was tempted to reach out and reassure him, but his actions had caused, and were continuing to cause, her pain.
whinging She is breaking up with him. This is very sad.

“Wait!” she called to him, caving. His pain seemed to double hers, in a way she had never felt before.
Maybe there is still hope.

“I’m not saying that friends are all we’ll ever be, Clark. That, for now, we need to step back to that description of our relationship, while we try and rebuild that trust bridge.” In addition, give her time to find out the truth about his past.
Clark, you should have told her everything on the flight back.

“I’m never going to give up on you, my little cherry blossom,” he murmured before turning to exit the conference room.
Wait, did she finally accept his term of endearment?

“You better not,” she grumbled, not sure if she was referring to his reassurances, his new awful endearment, or both.
I guess she didn't really accept it.

John Pack Lambert
J
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
J
A month had passed since the last time Lois had willingly kissed Clark. Who was he kidding? Since the last time she had kissed him at all.
He should have just told her everything on the flight. She would have moved beyond it in less than a month.

If he wanted Lois to love his Clark side, he couldn’t let his Superman side reveal the secret.
grumble Lousy excuse. He is all one person.

Clearly, he would have to be vague about the locale of where these events took place, because if he mentioned he was from Kansas again, he would be back at square one.
This just might work.

He knew that, at some point, he would have to tell her about Lana, about their up and down relationship, and the fact that she never accepted him fully for who he was. Of course, he couldn’t call Lana “Lana”, now that she had met the “Lana” from this dimension.
If he just calls her Lana it won't be so bad. And since she met Lana Jessup, would it really give her clues to speak of Lana Lang?

Hopefully, Lois would understand why he couldn’t tell her his ex-fiancée’s name.
No, I don;t think she will.

Step three was all about doing things for her using his abilities. He planned to do such things as: heat up her cold coffee and warm her with his heat vision, catch things that dropped before they hit the floor, bring her foods from the country of origin instead of the local take-out place, find lost items, such as her car keys, lift and move things she couldn’t, help her rearrange her furniture, and cool her off with his breath.
It seems like he did a lot of these things in canon and she never noticed.

Clark was one of the few remaining holdouts still wearing a suit and tie. It would be too difficult to hide his uniform underneath a pair of shorts and a sleeveless muscle shirt.
Why doesn't this cause Lois more pause. In canon she actually asks Clark "What planet are you from, your running and not even sweating" at the start of the episode.

Clark wouldn’t do anything overtly super during this step, but enough to make Lois pause and wonder. She had a sharp mind and constantly made major jumps of logic, which turned out to be accurate.
Which makes it all the more amazing she does not figure out the secret sooner.

Actually I think why she does not figure out sooner is it is so fun to write stories where Lois does not know. Once she knowns, you generally can't go back.

Superman from movie: You can always give her a mind blanking kiss.

canon Clark: That sounds like a very dangerous idea. I do not like it when Lois looses her memories.

Maybe, someday, he would get up the nerve to get to Step Five: Tell Her The Whole Truth.
Personally I think he should plan on this. What if M&J accidentally let him being from another dimension slip because they think he has revealed more than he actually has?

He might be able to get her to believe that he had come here to this dimension to start over. He had no idea how he could ever explain about the Lois who had made him into Superman, or why he hadn’t rescued the Lois from his dimension.
Well, I don;t really understand that either. I think the logic behind coming to this dimension was flawed to begin with.

How would she ever accept his love as genuine if he told her that he had fallen in love with the ‘her’ from another dimension first? No. Those secrets weren’t ones he would be able to share with her anytime in the near, or far, future.
I cannot see any good coming from this. She will want to know the origin of his costume. What is he going to tell her?

Smallville. It was her newest pet nickname; a reminder to him that she didn’t know who he was and because of that, she didn’t want to call him ‘Clark’. Personally, Clark wished she would return to Chuck.
All the more reason to tell her the truth now. She will return to calling him Clark.

John Pack Lambert
J
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
J
“He laughed. It wasn’t just a chuckle, either. It was a scoffing, belly laugh. He even said, when the whole room turned towards him in shock, ‘You’ve got to be kidding.’ As if my entire plan to ruin Superman, which I’ve been working on for months, was a joke!”
I had almost forgotten it won't work. Clark knows that Superman is not the cause of the problem.

Hmm, on the other hand this might not be good. Lois might not help him out as much when he does not need the help. She might turn against Clark and Superman just to be spiteful.

Neither the Kents, nor the Irigs, are speaking to anyone about the incident.
I guess it is good that Trask produced the rest of the Kryptonite. Now all known despisits of it are held by the Kents, and not easily findable by Luthor's agents.

The sheriff involved Max Harris, who was running for re-election unopposed, has apparently lost to a write-in candidate by the name of Hank Jessup,
dance fooling those guillible city slickers. It is a good thing that Lois did not produce a description of Kryptonite, or did she?

“Possibly, sir. Apparently, he’s a distant relative of this farmer Jonathan Kent and has been coming out to Smallville from time to time, for at least the past ten years,
dance Clark now has a back story that goes back 10 years.

that she thought Clark might be the illegitimate son of farmer Kent, since his wife was unable to have children.”
Clark: This is an outrage. To even suggest my father had illegitimate children. This is totally outrageous.

“I need anything and everything about this man, so that I may ruin him.”
I just hope Lois does not share what she "knows" with Luthor.

all the dirt, all the scandal involving this man, so that I can take away everything that is most dear to him before I kill him.”
I am surprised Luthor's agents have not dug up rumors of the marriage of Lois and Jerome.

Lois’s brow furrowed. He hadn’t answered the question. Did Superman have another name?
dance dance Lois is getting more inquisitive.

Yes! Lois exchanged a grin with Perry, who was sitting next to her in the gallery. Superman had gotten a sympathetic judge.
dance Lois is still on Superman's side.

“While it’s true that sun’s rays give me energy, Your Honor, my body doesn’t draw more of the sun’s energy towards me, but uses the available sunlight to repower my abilities. If I did draw heat from the sun, the area immediately surrounding my body, especially above me, would be hotter than around anyone else. It isn’t,” Superman contended. “But if the people of Metropolis are worried about me using my super powers, I’d like to put their fears to rest.”
Well, in some ways it is amazing he did not come up with this explanation in canon. Of couse having gone nearly a year as Superman full time in the other demension gives him experience to know the claim is ludicrous.

and she couldn’t she hear anything outside the room.
I think there is a mistake in this phrase.

“I cannot turn off my hearing or my sight, any more than you can. They are a part of who I am.
Is this true? I thought he could turn these off.

I can refrain from flying, using my heat vision, and lifting space shuttles above my head, as those are more of a decision on my part. Do you wish me not to use my invulnerability to place myself between that gunman and the guard, whose gun he stole…”
Good point. Just standing there is not using any superpower. However Luthor might see it differently.

“Or between him and that class of children touring the courthouse, down the hall? Are you then going to tell the guard’s family, or those children’s families, that it was your fault for insisting that I stand idly by while their love ones died? You might be able to brush that aside without guilt but I, madam, cannot.”
I like this response a lot better than in canon.

“The law is the law,” Judge Diggs said, stepping into the hall and facing Superman. “You break it, you go to jail. Superman, you’re under arrest.”
I always thought this whole response was just plain stupid. Superman saved lives and they arrest him. The people of Metropolis deserve Luthor, they facilitate his power by being so stupid.

John Pack Lambert
J
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
J
Clark is making it easy for Luthor to find the truth (that the Italy story is bogus) and give it to Lois on a silver plate, making Luthor look like the truthful and trusty friend that is saving her from a lying and crooked partner. help
In Clark's defense, he never told her the Italy story. He also does not know she overheard it.

Still, I have to agree his plan is flawed. I think he should have already told her.

John Pack Lambert
J
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
J
Hey, in this demension they have cornered and hid all known quantities of Kryptonite. They also did not destroy it in a way that might infect the water supply.

I really do not see what Clark could do more than he has done. Kryptonite hurts, so I see no reason for him to test his endurance. He does not yet have a trusted professor-friend like Dr. Klein or Dr. Hamilton to work with on this issue.

I think even Dr. Lane is in hiding.

John Pack Lambert
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
JOHN: Another 3 parter. You spoil me. laugh

Clark: Did she have to emphasize we slept in different beds?
LOIS: YES! [Linked Image] Do you want everyone at work to think we slept together?

Well, now we are moving into MoSB. I hope Lois begins to suspect Luthor, but I am not holding my breath.
[Linked Image] Actually, I'm re-organizing my TOC. blush Since my story is much, *much* longer than I originally anticipated, I'm going to note on the TOC the beginning and ending of each story arc, thereby making it easier for someone to jump in and read a WC "Short" as it may. (Not too short as Technically, Part 62 - with "Hot in the City" begins the 7th story arc, whose name I'm not quite ready to announce. evil )

Clark wins the wording it in the most friendly way to Lois possible award.
CLARK: blush I would like to thank Martha and Jonathan in believing in me, even when I didn't deserve it.

I guess since he is planning on telling her soon, he should make sure that she realizes that SM does things to help her.
CLARK: I have a PLAN! laugh <<ducking as one of UW stray tomatoes flies into this FDK>>

Sherriff Harris: He parked illegally. We totally were justified in toeing him.
Win some, lose others.

Clark: She understands the most important truth.
Um, John, I think you forgot this: evil

Clark, you should have told her everything on the flight back.
Saying it now, would just look pathetic and needy and a last ditch effort for her not to dump his butt.

Wait, did she finally accept his term of endearment?
Um... No.

I guess she didn't really accept it.
I don't know. I liked that one. It was totally NOT Lois, but it was sweet.

He should have just told her everything on the flight. She would have moved beyond it in less than a month.
CLARK: I might be able to see through anything but lead, but my laser vision doesn't let me see into the future.

Lousy excuse. He is all one person.
Good Point. Think Clark knows that? wink

This just might work.
Depends on how he says it and what kind of mood Lois is in, I suspect.

If he just calls her Lana it won't be so bad. And since she met Lana Jessup, would it really give her clues to speak of Lana Lang?
It would take one phonecall for Lois to learn Lana Jessup's maiden name, and after the way Clark looked at her in Smallville, and the fact that Lana isn't as common a name as "Jennifer" or "Beth", probably too coincidental for Lois's tastes.

No, I don;t think she will.
As I said before, it's all in the way he mentions it.

It seems like he did a lot of these things in canon and she never noticed.
Yes, but this Clark is a bit more paranoid, so he hasn't done much of it.

CLARK: What do you mean she DIDN'T notice? Geez! So much for Step 3. wallbash

Why doesn't this cause Lois more pause. In canon she actually asks Clark "What planet are you from, your running and not even sweating" at the start of the episode.
So, he's professional. I'm assuming that the heat wave didn't begin the day of the Press Conference, so he's been dressing that way for days, if not weeks in that heat.

Which makes it all the more amazing she does not figure out the secret sooner.
This Lois is a bit more atuned to leaps of logic than canon Lois.

Actually I think why she does not figure out sooner is it is so fun to write stories where Lois does not know. Once she knowns, you generally can't go back.
Unless you give her amnesia.

Superman from movie: You can always give her a mind blanking kiss.

canon Clark: That sounds like a very dangerous idea. I do not like it when Lois looses her memories.
Agree heartedly with canon Clark.

Personally I think he should plan on this. What if M&J accidentally let him being from another dimension slip because they think he has revealed more than he actually has?
No point on planning on getting to Step 5, if he never makes it to Step 4.

VirginiaR.
---
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
-- Response to John's FDK -- Cont.

Well, I don;t really understand that either. I think the logic behind coming to this dimension was flawed to begin with.
CLARK: You think I should have stayed in *my* dimension? smile1

I always thought this whole response was just plain stupid. Superman saved lives and they arrest him. The people of Metropolis deserve Luthor, they facilitate his power by being so stupid.
I had a discussion about this with my Betas. We think it has more to do with Judges not liking people (any people) flaunting their orders right after they made them. She doesn't want to appear as if she holds even Superman above the law.

Hey, in this demension they have cornered and hid all known quantities of Kryptonite.
All "known".

They also did not destroy it in a way that might infect the water supply.
One of my pet peeves.

I really do not see what Clark could do more than he has done. Kryptonite hurts, so I see no reason for him to test his endurance. He does not yet have a trusted professor-friend like Dr. Klein or Dr. Hamilton to work with on this issue.
[Linked Image] And look what those Kryptonite tests are doing to him in Mouse’s story “Madness”!

I think even Dr. Lane is in hiding.
This will be brought up again soon, but when Tommy Garrision turned himself in hoping to get more Cyborg vitamins. (Before Smallville – Clark read an article in the paper about it.) Didn’t work. Tommy’s in jail with no cyborg juice. Dr. Lane came out of hiding. Although, I didn’t state the fact outright; it was more implied.

VirginiaR.
---
J
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
J
I had almost forgotten it won't work. Clark knows that Superman is not the cause of the problem.
Actually you mentioned a while back that you thought he'd do just this. Great minds think alike. wink
True, I mentioned it before, but I had forgotten in the intervening weeks.

John Pack Lambert
Boards Chief Administrator
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Clark flushed as he pointed at Jimmy. “Long, funny story that…”

“He was undercover as my estranged husband, so everyone in town wouldn’t know he was related to the Kents. He slept on the couch,” Lois explained.
So, not so long and not really funny, either. Except for the part where Lois [Linked Image]

Lois knew this was going to rear its ugly head again. She didn’t know where or when, but she knew it would.
When Lex asks for a paternity test to confirm the little bun really is his and not Clark’s after the horrendous events of PML and what Lex did during the time?

Clark swallowed and glanced away. “He didn’t want it to sound like he misled you in any way or that you…”
clap

Superman didn’t want to embarrass her professionally, even inadvertently.
/watches as Lois goes googly-eyed again/

Since they were true soul mates, shouldn’t she be able to talk to him as an equal?
[Linked Image]

The judge even went so far as to warn the sheriff that if he brought another case before him with such weak evidence or because someone had said something to bruise the sheriff’s ego, the judge would hold the sheriff in contempt for wasting his time and the taxpayer’s money on his personal vendettas.
Can they print that in the Smallville Post?

At the airport, Lois had continued to think about whether she could work with Clark, despite his lies, and what their dating status should be.
Well, he hasn’t yet attempted to actually steal a story. Or sleep with her, so…

Martha had suggested to Clark that he give Lois space, and he was giving it to her in spades.
And it had gone so well for Martha and Lois.

Clark nodded but the perplexed expression didn’t fall from his face. “I may kick myself for asking this, but why?”
clap

“But if I hear of you going behind my back, or lying to me, regarding one of our stories, I will not hesitate to terminate our professional relationship. Got it?”
[Linked Image] for The Rival

“We went on one official, and one non-official, date and we had brunch last Sunday. I would like us to remain friends,” she said,
[Linked Image]

“Wait!” she called to him, caving. His pain seemed to double hers, in a way she had never felt before.
clap

A month had passed since the last time Lois had willingly kissed Clark. Who was he kidding? Since the last time she had kissed him at all.
rotflol How about a fair booth with Lois and Clark, and the visitors can pay a dollar to see them kiss?

He decided that it wasn’t best to use Superman in this way. It wasn’t fair to Lois. If he wanted Lois to love his Clark side, he couldn’t let his Superman side reveal the secret.
He really is good at this whole avoidance thing, isn’t he?

He called it the “trickle theory”. If he slowly started to reveal himself and his secrets to Lois, perhaps when he got to the biggy – that he was born on another planet – she wouldn’t be so much in shock.
/waits for it to blow up in his face like that nuclear bomb form Super Mann/

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, our favorite show, life, and more! (It’s almost like the IRC days of old again!)

I go by Michael on the Archives.
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
LOIS: It’s Cat, isn’t it? No, wait, you’re way too chummy with her. And why are you so chummy with her anyway. So, it’s Linda, then? OMG, it *is* Linda!

Step three was all about doing things for her using his abilities.
/squints/

and cool her off with his breath.
That’s just self-preservation.

He hadn’t gotten to this step in his plan yet, but Jimmy had practically tripped over his tongue when Cat had sauntered into the bullpen wearing only a skimpy yellow bikini with a sheer scarf as a skirt.
wave Michael

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, our favorite show, life, and more! (It’s almost like the IRC days of old again!)

I go by Michael on the Archives.
S
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
S
Hi Virginia,

I don't have a lot of time, but I'm catching up with my reading (or trying to, at least!)

Just wanted to quote this line:

Lois shifted in her seat. She had always found Superman to be quite hot, quite hot indeed.
I love it! wave

Sydney

Non ! non, c’est bien plus beau lorsque c’est inutile !
(Edmond Rostand)
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard