Kerth
OP Offline
Kerth
Comments go here. smile

Corrina.

#91225 11/17/12 09:52 PM
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
What is Lois doing? Why had she given up her life as an investigative reporter to become a medicine woman in this village? Was it because she too had been left to die in this section of the Congo? That she was too frightened to return to her old life. It doesn't seem that she has lost her memories of her old life, so her reason for staying must be intentional. Hmmmmm. I'm going to assume that Didi is her adopted son, from a mother who didn't make it through childbirth (or possibly got sick shortly thereafter from whatever sickness the village is terrified enough of to have a quarenteen shed). Otherwise, it is possible that something horrible happened to Lois (let's just say from Tempus) prior to arriving at the village. Let's just hope it was the former and not that latter. eek

What a nice life to live when everyone in your village is happy and good enough that a 5 year old doesn't know that humans can hurt each other. clap

Oh, my. I knew that they had beaten Clark up. I hadn't realized that Tempus had left chunks of Kryptonite stabbed into his body everywhere. I had thought at first that the "green" spots were dye from the leaves as he had fallen from the plane, but this... THIS is much, much worse. shock You have taken Tempus into a whole new realm, out of irony and into evil.

VirginiaR.
"On the long road, take small steps." -- Jor-el, "The Foundling"
---
"clearly there is a lack of understanding between those two... he speaks Lunkheadanian and she Stubbornanian" -- chelo.
#91226 11/18/12 12:25 AM
Top Banana
Top Banana
How did Lois become a medicine woman? Had she been raped and forced to stay? Though there doesn't seem to be any dark characters -- yet -- that would indicate this. Did she end up there through investigating the Congo story?

I'm sure you'll answer this in time... just impatient to know!

And poor Clark! All that kryptonite! frown

More please!! clap

Reach for the moon, for even if you fail, you'll still land among the stars... and who knows? Maybe you'll meet Superman along the way. wink
#91227 11/18/12 06:38 AM
Beat Reporter
Online Content
Beat Reporter
Catching up! I just read parts 1 and 2 and I'm hooked!

It seems to me that we've got a nice ride ahead of ourselves, with two characters full of trust issues...

I have to say that the same as mozartmaid, the idea of rape has crossed my mind...And that though Lois and Romaric apparently don't leave together...

Diddi's smile reappeared. "Can I stay in Romaric's hut while you're in quarantine?"
...it certainly seems like he has an interest in her

"Romaric will want to help. He likes helping you."

Lois chose not to respond to that comment. "No more talking, all right, Diddi?"
If Lois's evaluation of CK's condition is correct, this won't come up any time soon but I'm wondering: Clark hasn't met the other Lois, but he has heard about the Lois from his dimmension, right? And I'm assuming that CK is still in the same dimmension and that this Lois is actually IS Lois...

Too many questions and what's worse... too many days until you give us some answers!!!

here's me thinking you should give up RL and just write... laugh

Cris
#91228 11/18/12 02:05 PM
C
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
C
I'm really enjoying his story. I don't think I've read one where it seems as if Clark's taken several rounds of kryptonite shotgun pellets. I'm looking forward to finding out if this is alt Clark and what his response is going to be to Lois when he wakes up.

"You're better at this than I thought," she told him.
"At what?" Clark looked up at her quizzically.
"Dissembling."
"You didn't think I could lie?"
~ Sue s. FB
#91229 11/18/12 03:37 PM
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Ouch poor Clark! More soon! Laura

Clark: “If we can be born in an instant, and die in an instant, why can’t we fall in love in an instant?”

Caroline's "Stardust"
#91230 11/18/12 06:25 PM
Merriwether
Merriwether
From this chapter, and your comments on the first one, I'm starting to see how this story may have started out dark, but will lighten up once it gets going. I'm frankly quite excited to see where it will go. smile (Though I agree with Virginia that you have taken Tempus out of irony and into evil with what he did to poor Clark!)

To me, it's clear that in this AU, Lois has escaped her fate in the Congo by disappearing into a native village, away from the city and those who tried to kill her. And she seems quite content to be there, at least from what little we see in this chapter. She has a son and doesn't seem to be a prisoner or feel threatened in any way. So I'm guessing that she fell in love (or at least had a fling) with a man who helped her escape into his village; the question then would be whether she has a husband/boyfriend around, though I'm guessing not based on her son's question about where he'd stay while she was nursing Clark back to health.

At least that will be my theory until you disprove me with future chapters. wink

More, please, as soon as the muse allows. smile

Kathy

#91231 11/19/12 07:45 AM
F
Kerth
Kerth
F
Very interesting start.

Framework4
#91232 11/19/12 01:10 PM
J
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
J
Well, I was hoping Lois would act more expeditiously to remove the green rocks, but I guess since she does not know they are the cause of Clark's problem, she has not started yet.

I am liking this story, but there remain lots of unanswered questions in it.

John Pack Lambert
#91233 11/23/12 08:56 AM
K
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
K
Oh boy, you always make it tough for Clark Corrina, don't you? wink I had a feeling that he would fall right into Lois' arms, but you surprised me with her being a medicine woman and having a son. eek Looking forward where you will take them from here. smile1

KateB
#91234 11/23/12 11:37 PM
Kerth
OP Offline
Kerth
Virginia

Interesting speculation about Lois laugh

You have taken Tempus into a whole new realm, out of irony and into evil.
Tempus tried to kill Clark as a baby! That's beyond irony, too!

MM I liked your questions about Lois. You're right - I will answer them. Eventually.

Hi Cris wave

And I'm assuming that CK is still in the same dimmension and that this Lois is actually IS Lois...
This is Alt-Clark as we saw in the Tempus, Anyone ep. Lois is the Lois who was missing in the Congo, believed dead. I'm not mixing up dimensions - just trying to write a simple story about two people who should be together smile

chickberry Yep, this is Alt-Clark and his Lois - although neither of them know it yet.

Laura Yep, poor Clark. Maybe he needs a medicine woman wink

Kathy I really enjoyed your thoughts on Lois. You're not entirely wrong, but not entirely right, either.

the question then would be whether she has a husband/boyfriend around,
That question will be answered in Part 3. Although, the answer will probably only lead to more questions.

Patrick Glad you liked it.

John

Well, I was hoping Lois would act more expeditiously to remove the green rocks,
I try to hurry the story along, but I just don't seem capable of doing it. She'll get to the rocks.

Kate

Oh boy, you always make it tough for Clark Corrina, don't you?
It was well established that Alt-Clark needed his Lois, so his life without her was already tough. I just added a few more problems to get him out of Lana's clutches and into the Congo cool

Thanks everyone for the comments. Next part will be up within 24 hours.

Corrina.

#91235 11/25/12 01:12 PM
Top Banana
Top Banana
Lois Laka-Matymbou looked up from where she was trying to loosen the roots of a mature ginseng without disturbing the nearby immature plants. "Diddi!" she called. "Where are you?" She stood, turning towards the sound of the light, racing footsteps.

Her five-year-old son emerged from between the trees and ran up to her.
Okay, this caught me by surprise. Lois also got married. And she’s been busy. If Mr. Matymbou is around, this will be a very different story than I expected.

Yes, Lois remembered. And the memory brought the chill of trepidation. What if the man had been covertly watching them? She'd almost forgotten what it felt like to fear another human.
Okay, so Lois is – at least in part – there because she is hiding. At least, it probably started out that way.

There were dozens of chunks, splinters, and shards, and each one was going to have to be dug out, resulting in significant wounds, possible infection, and hideous scarring.
I gather that back in part 1 Tempus had set off a Green K grenade and this is the resulting shrapnel. She is right to be concerned about the risk to him of removing the K.

Bob

#91236 11/28/12 12:56 AM
Kerth
OP Offline
Kerth
I gather that back in part 1 Tempus had set off a Green K grenade and this is the resulting shrapnel.
I'm glad you got it, Bob. I was in Clark's POV, and he was delirious from pain and the K exposure, so I couldn't be too specific with details. I just hoped I got enough in there that it wasn't too obscure.

Corrina.

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard