#91054 11/11/12 01:38 PM
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Angst level - moderate.
Hmmmm. Are you SURE about that one?

CLARK: <<scratch, scratch, scratch - scribble, scribble>>

The sign now reads:

Angst level - Excruciatingly High
CLARK: Of course, that might only be because I never felt physical pain before today. And emotional pain such as this since my folks died.

So, Tempus is Mayor of Alt-Metropolis. Lana sold out her husband's reputation for money and ran off on him. Is possibly dead... although, it is possible that Tempus had meant Lois's body.

Lana told the Metopolis Star that Clark abused her. [Linked Image]

I don't see how Clark can survive from this. Survive from the fall, yes. Survive as Clark Kent... not so much. Survive with his memory intact... hmmmm. I wonder where it was that Tempus dumped him. Congo?

But now it looks like he'll become Superman or another to-be-named hero just to spite Tempus. Revengeful Clark, not a good thing to have on your hands, Tempus.

Great beginning! It will be difficult waiting between parts. You, torture meister, you! clap notworthy

VirginiaR.
"On the long road, take small steps." -- Jor-el, "The Foundling"
---
"clearly there is a lack of understanding between those two... he speaks Lunkheadanian and she Stubbornanian" -- chelo.
#91055 11/11/12 04:51 PM
J
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
J
I have to agree with Virginia, this seems very high angst. Alt-Clark already was high angst, but this.

So, did Perry die in the campaign eek

This is a relly tough beginning.

John Pack Lambert
#91056 11/11/12 05:50 PM
Merriwether
Merriwether
Well, dang.

I just told Bob that I choose very carefully what stories I'll read in parts on the boards these days. And I should have known better than to start one of yours and think I could wait until it was over to finish it. wink

As always, Corrina, this is a brilliant beginning. Captivating, enthralling, and yes, definitely high angst. But you've got me hooked on the premise and I'm dying to know what comes next.

A week per part? I don't know if I can survive this, but I'll do my best! mecry

Kathy

#91057 11/12/12 08:36 AM
Top Banana
Top Banana
I'm hooked on your stories again... smile1

And I agree with the others... so far, the angst is pretty high.

But most excellent start!! clap

Reach for the moon, for even if you fail, you'll still land among the stars... and who knows? Maybe you'll meet Superman along the way. wink
#91058 11/12/12 09:04 AM
S
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
S
WOW! I'm speechless!

One part and I'm already hooked.

Another great story, Corrina.

wave

Sydney

Non ! non, c’est bien plus beau lorsque c’est inutile !
(Edmond Rostand)
#91059 11/12/12 03:52 PM
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
You think I would have learned after reading Trusting You, Trusting Me! Another fantastic beginning.

I'll check in every now and again to see how this story is developing.

Welcome back.

Morgana

A writer's job is to think of new plots and create characters who stay with you long after the final page has been read. If that mission is accomplished than we have done what we set out to do, which is to entertain and hopefully educate.
#91060 11/12/12 05:02 PM
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Wow that was quite a start! More soon!

Clark: “If we can be born in an instant, and die in an instant, why can’t we fall in love in an instant?”

Caroline's "Stardust"
#91061 11/13/12 03:24 AM
BJ Offline
Top Banana
Top Banana
Argh! First time here in weeks and now I need to go find a happy place. I think you may soon overtake Yvonne C. as the all-time best (or worst?) at torturing Clark.

Dark. Very dark.

Can't wait for more.
B

#91062 11/15/12 06:02 AM
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Jumping in quick, from work...

Wow. That was dark. At least it seemed to be, from one quick reading. I have very little understanding of what actually happened, but it definitely seems bad. smile

So I might check back in on this just to figure out what the hell's going on. goofy

PJ

"You told me you weren't like other men," she said, shaking her head at him when the storm of laughter had passed.
He grinned at her - a goofy, Clark Kent kind of a grin. "I have a gift for understatement."
"You can say that again," she told him.
"I have a...."
"Oh, shut up."

--Stardust, Caroline K
#91063 11/16/12 12:00 AM
Kerth
OP Offline
Kerth
Virginia

I guess the perception of angst is going to be different for different people. I stand by my claim that this is not a high-stress tale. cool

John

So, did Perry die in the campaign
No.

There'll be some Perry in this fic.

Kathy

Hi! It's so nice to see your name on the boards again.

A week per part? I don't know if I can survive this, but I'll do my best!
Sorry. I did warn about the slow posting schedule. As always, I will try to get parts to you as speedily as possible. However, since posting P1, I've spent all my writing time editing this fic, and I'm only up to P5. frown

MozartMaid

Hooked is dance not peep !!!

Sydney

One part and I'm already hooked.
Wonderful. P1 did its job!

Morgana Hi. Maybe my slower posting schedule will suit people with busy lifestyles.

Laura

Wow that was quite a start!
Yeah. Thinking about it, many of my stories start with a mess. Then it's just a matter of fixing it.

BJ

Alt-Clark was pretty tortured before I got to him!

The writers of TNAOS gave him a glimpse of life with Lois, then condemned him to a life without her. All I did was beat him up a bit. Oh, and I got rid of Lana for him. In the first chapter.

Pam Hopefully what happened will become clearer ... eventually.

Thanks to everyone for the comments. Your enthusiasm makes me very smile

Corrina.

#91064 11/16/12 10:19 PM
Top Banana
Top Banana
So... when are we getting the next part? /whistling casually/

Don't make me send these guys... goofy

Reach for the moon, for even if you fail, you'll still land among the stars... and who knows? Maybe you'll meet Superman along the way. wink
#91065 11/25/12 12:49 PM
Top Banana
Top Banana
Hi, Corrina. wave

I’m back to writing. I figured it was time to get back to reading again as well.

The knowledge of her treachery hacked through his mind like a thousand poisoned darts, seeking out all traces of the lie on which he had built his life and ruthlessly obliterating them.

Isolation coiled around him like a python, suffocating him.

He was alone. He'd always been alone. But now, his aloneness was no longer a dull ache, content to lurk in the background of his awareness, but a rearing, spitting, surging dragon of suffering that was greedily devouring his will to live.
Crazy good imagery! Makes me wonder exactly she (I assume Lana) did that created that kind of pain.

Never again would he risk being subjected to this pain. Never again would he trust a human. Never again would he love. Never again would he allow himself to be fooled into believing he could be something other than what he was.
Thus the “Once Bitten, Twice Shy” reference. Would it surprise you that when I saw the title I thought it was JAVS. (Just Another Vampire Story) I’m glad that isn’t where this goes.

…so Clark had parted with nearly a month's salary in a futile attempt to buy happiness for his wife.
Okay, so he and Lana are/were married. I still have to believe that she did more than simply leave him, but if the evidence was there, I missed it.

Clark focussed his eyes enough to read the headline - Daily Planet Reporter's Wife Tells: My Secret Life of Abuse.

"But I didn't -" Clark made a shaky lunge for the paper
Okay, Clark seemed surprised by this. Now I’m really confused as to what Lana did that triggered that opening sequence.

And because I'm a man who can appreciate irony, your body will rot near hers.
Oh, Tempus. If only you’d done a more thorough job of cross-dimensional homework, you would know how bad an idea this is. smile

Bob

#91066 11/28/12 12:52 AM
Kerth
OP Offline
Kerth
Thanks for you FDK, Bob.

Would it surprise you that when I saw the title I thought it was JAVS. (Just Another Vampire Story) I’m glad that isn’t where this goes.
I can't imagine ever writing a vampire story. I'm glad you weren't disappointed.

And JAVS - laugh Your invention?

Corrina.

#91067 11/28/12 05:01 AM
Top Banana
Top Banana
Re: JAVS

I think that is my own name. I don't recall seeing it anywhere else.

It grew out of too many times walking down the scifi section of the bookstore with the following reaction:

(groan) Not another vamiire story! dizzy

Bob

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard