Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Wrong Place, Wrong Time, Wrong Clark TOC can be found Here

And they're back! It only took them... what?... three days? evil

Comments?

Last edited by VirginiaR; 05/19/14 03:10 PM. Reason: Added Link

VirginiaR.
"On the long road, take small steps." -- Jor-el, "The Foundling"
---
"clearly there is a lack of understanding between those two... he speaks Lunkheadanian and she Stubbornanian" -- chelo.
S
Merriwether
Merriwether
S
Oh boy - they found the space ship! The scene by the tree was sweet with Clark so frustrated he hadn't been there for Lois.

Joan

J
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
J
If Clark took that advice, he might not be willing to share the truth yet,
Well, he probably is not healed enough yet to make it likely she will believe him.

Alternatively, Lois sighed, perhaps Clark thought there wasn’t any reason to tell her the truth because she was still in love with Superman. She shook her head. Of course, she still loved Superman. She would always love Superman. He was her soul mate. There wasn’t anything she could do about it though. Superman didn’t want to risk her life by becoming more than friends with her. That hadn’t changed. Anyway, Clark had known that about Lois going into this relationship. She was trying to move on. Couldn’t he give her some credit for that? If he hadn’t wanted damaged goods… No, Clark had always told her that her feelings for Superman didn’t matter to him. Had that changed?
Actually it remains unclear what Clark wants along these lines. My guess is he wants her to love him at least as much as Superman, but we have not really learned much along these lines.

ask Clark more subtle questions about how he knew so much without a college degree,
Clark: I never said I did not have a college degree. I just said I didn't graduate from Midwest Stae. I graduated from a university in the place I was before I became a refugee.

and see what she could find out about the Kents of Italy.
Since Jerome died during WWII, my guess is she will find nothing.

She was still curious how he had been able to finagle a reference from Professor Carlton if he hadn’t graduated from MidWest U.
Well, since he did actually have Professor Carlton he knows a lot about the man, just the man does not know much about him. Hmm, I don;t think there is anyway to explain how this worked without mentioning parrelel universes, short of massive lieing that also implies doing probably illegal surveilance.

Clark was too intelligent to have never graduated from high school at all.
Sometimes it is the most intelligent ones who don't graduate.

Was the coffee and pie smell that had woken her up an hour before Clark's breakfast? No, it couldn’t be, because Clark didn’t eat sweets like pie.
Although he did drink the lemon-lime soda she gave him, so he seems to be changing his no sugar rule.

Now, she was wondering where everyone was.
Maybe they went to the Corn fest. Nah, they won't go without Lois, would they?

She and Clark still had to convince the judge in Lawrence to drop the ridiculous charges against Jimmy before they all could catch the first plane back to Metropolis.
Maybe they went to try to free Jimmy themselves without Lois.

Martha came out onto the back porch as Lois approached.
I guess they are still here.

“There you are. I thought I heard you moving around. Ready for some breakfast?”

“I’d love a cup of coffee,” Lois admitted.
Martha: I said breakfast, not a drink.

Lois grinned. “I hear you and I are fans of the same man.”

“Oh?” Martha said, entering the kitchen.

“A hero,” Lois said with a wink. “A super fantastic guy.”
“Martha,” Lois started to ask, but then stopped herself. She took a deep breath and forged ahead. “Why do you still call him Jerome if his name is Clark?”
smile1 She insists his name is Clark.

“Martha!” Lois gasped, and lowered her voice. “He could hear us.”
Martha: Has the Kryptonite poisoning worn off already.

Martha waved off Lois’s concern. “Nah. The boys went out to check if there was anything recoverable from the truck you stole from the soldiers yesterday.”
smile1 They are going to find Superman's spaceship.

NR: Not likely, even if it was in the Truck, the B39 people probably took it when they came for Trask's body.

“He went without me?” Lois growled, setting down her mug and grabbing her jacket.

“You were asleep,” Martha defended Clark. Of course.
Clark: Did you really want to see the spot where you almost died? I don;t want to see you in that cursed spot Lois, it is just too dangerous.

“I’m sure they’ll be back at any minute and will tell us about anything they found,” Martha continued.
Lois: I am not one to let the big alpha male do all the tough work. I'm a reporter for crying out loud. I want to be in the thick of the action.

Lois was just happy that the FBI imposters hadn’t taken the wreckage with them when they stole all the other evidence of Bureau 39’s involvement at the Kent and Irig farms.
PR: Superman's ship still might be hid in there somewhere, under all the burned material.

The banging noise increased in volume as they went down the driveway. Around the bend, they saw Jonathan watching as Clark used an ax to chop down the old oak tree she had hit with the truck.

“What is he doing?” Lois asked.
Clark: I am taking my vengeance on the killer.

“He’s trying to find his sense of control over his own destiny,” answered Jonathan. “It eluded him yesterday and he wants it back.”

“And he thinks chopping down an innocent tree will help?”
Clark: That tree is not innocent. It killed my parents.

“When did you become judge, jury, and executioner?”
Clark: Lois, it's a tree for crying outload. We remove them all the time. It's not like it is some crime Lord, stopping justice at every turn.

“It’s a dangerous spot for a tree. Anyone could hit it and die,” he replied, changing his lie after she called him out for his last one.
Well, this is mostly true.

Clark: My parents did hit it and die. It is totally true.

“It’s not really the tree you’re angry at, is it?” she pressed on. “Is it Trask? Now Bureau 39 has once more faded into the shadows after claiming to have found a way to kill your friend and hero?”
Clark: They don't have it any more though.

“Is it Sheriff Harris and his stubbornness regarding his arrest of Jimmy?” she asked.

He still didn’t move.
Hmm, is she going to guess until she gets it, or give up first. I am guessing give up first.

Those two had frustrated her enough to take an ax to a tree. Clark had too, but in a completely different venting sort of way.

“Are you saying that I don’t make you mad? That I don’t make you frustrated and angry enough to take an ax to a tree?” she said skeptically.
Clark: help There is no safe way to answer this question.

“No, Lois. I have never wanted to hurt you. Never,” he replied, cupping her jaw with his hand.
Hmm, pretty good answer. Although wanting to hurt her, and wanting to hurt something else are not quite the same.

“Is it Superman?” she went on, trying to push past the rush of emotions this touch brought out in her.
dance she likes his touch.

His hand fell.
Wait, how is it Superman? Hmm, is it he is frustrated that he does not have his superpowers back?

You and your big mouth, Lane. “So, it is Superman. You’re angry with Superman for not coming to your rescue after all the times you’ve been there for him? You’re mad at him for not being here in your hour of need to protect you, me, and your family, and him by claiming you were Superman to the man trying to find a way to kill him?”

“Who said he wasn’t here?” Clark said, looking her in the eye.
dance dance He is going to tell her the truth. Of is this just a small stating the truth so he will have a track record of not lieing? I will pretend this is a cliff hanger and stop reading for a bit.

John Pack Lambert
Boards Chief Administrator
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Online Content
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
mecry and FDK shock will be a couple of days away. Let's hope not next weekend, because I'll be having even less time then blush

peep Michael

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, our favorite show, life, and more! (It’s almost like the IRC days of old again!)

I go by Michael on the Archives.
J
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
J
Lois’s eyes widened. “Superman was here yesterday?”

He nodded. “Who do you think freed me from the van and the chains? Who do you think tied that bar around Trask?”
Well, now he is going for the truth, but is he going to tell another lie?

“But… but… Trask thought you were Superman,” Lois sputtered, her mind swirling in confusion. Why hadn’t Clark said anything about Superman being here yesterday?
He hadn't felt up to lieing.

“Superman was very quick. Trask didn’t see even a hint of cape,” Clark explained. “It’s one of the reasons he believed me when I said ‘I’m Superman’.”
Now he is going for the minimum lie. It is 100% true that Trask saw no cape, but it had nothing to do with Superman's speed.

She slapped his arm. “Why didn’t you tell me?”
Clark: I was hoping you would believe that I am Superman.

“Hmmmm,” Lois said as if she were contemplating his non-answer. “So, you’re saying that you’re nothing without your friend? That you can’t defend yourself, or protect anyone, without him? That you’re worthless?”

He snuck a glance at her.

Then it hit her. “You’re the tree!”

His focused attention made her realize she was right.
What, I am confused. I think Lois is misunderstanding. I also have a strong suspicion that she unwittingly reinforced his feelings of being inadequate.

She grabbed the ax out of his hand, and lifting it up, swung at the tree. He was right. This did feel good. “Let’s chop down the man that you are, Clark,” she said, swinging again. “The man who listens to every person he meets, so that they feel heard, from the waitress to the telemarketer, to the man he strikes up a conversation with in line at the airport, to the people he interviews.”
smile1 hyper the Spaceship is in there.

“I guess I’ll volunteer to get my hands dirty.”

“Clark, your hands are already dirty,”
All the more reason to not let anyone else dirty their hands.

“There’s something here.” He moved closer and started to shift through the debris and ash. Martha and Jonathan joined them at the truck. “It looks to have fallen down partially through the bottom of the truck,” Clark went on. He tossed some charred pieced of wood out of the truck and then froze.
He found the spaceship.

Clark: What do I do now? What if Lois sees the spaceship? Will she figure out that Superman came to earth as a child?

He turned back to Lois and the Kents with an expression of awe, ecstasy, and amazement that lit up his entire face. He looked so entirely different from the man who was trying to chop down the tree earlier that it was more him than his discovery that drew Lois closer.
And how will he explain to Lois being so excited at finding this? Hmm, actually since Lois will be glad to, and he is said to be Superman's friend and all, it might not be hard to explain that, especially since Lois will probably be too distracted to pay attention to that issue.

Clark jumped down from the truck. “Martha, can you bring your truck down here and you’d better bring some sort of chain as well? I’m not sure how heavy this thing is,” he said.
Is this because he is not up to Superstrength, or because he does not want Lois to see him use Superstrength, or both?

She couldn’t recognize it from what was uncovered and brushed away more of the ash to reveal a large red “S”. Stumbling backwards, she fell out of the truck. Luckily, Clark caught her. “It’s… it’s…”

Clark grinned and nodded.
Clark: My cradle.

“Superman’s spaceship,” Lois finished.
Now we just have to wait for her to realize how big it's carrying compartment is.

“It’s the find of the century!” Lois crowed. “I can’t believe that Bureau 39 left it here.”
Clark: Well, I stole the tag when we were at their warehouse, so they might be unclear on what it is.

“Maybe they haven’t unloaded the rest of the trucks yet and don’t know that it’s missing,” suggested Clark.
Lois: Wait, they have other stuff like this?

“That makes sense,” agreed Lois. “I don’t care why, actually. I’m thrilled.” She wrapped her arms around Clark. “I bet Superman will be pleased to have it returned to him.”
Clark: He already is.

Clark nodded again. “Let’s move it up to the barn, before Bureau 39 returns looking for it, or the sheriff does.”
Clark: Lois having the clues to figure out the truth of Superman, like how small his spaceship is, is ok. Max Harris having those close, not in a million lifetimes.

“This more than makes up for the loss of evidence yesterday,” Lois gushed. “Perry’s going to dance a jig.”
Perry: dance dance dance We have Superman's spaceship.

Clark’s face fell and he glanced over at Jonathan. “Lois, we can’t tell anyone about this. Everyone will come out here and overrun the Kents’ farm.”

“But… Superman... the scoop!” Lois said, unable to make a more forceful argument.
Maybe it is good he didn't tell her the whole truth. Although I don't think she would want to release info on CK=SM. Right now by big guess is she has not worked out the size of the passenger compartment, and so does not realize that "Superman" could not have come in this unless he was "Superbaby".

“Yes, Lois,” Clark agreed. “But Superman wouldn’t want to endanger the Kents any more than they’ve already been this week. Perhaps we should hold off on the ‘scoop of the century’ until we can contact him.
This will also give him more time to work out how to explain the spaceship's size.

We’ll report that Superman picked up his…” He glanced at the ship. “— space transport vehicle from the Kents’ farm where it had been abandoned by Bureau 39.
And to do that it needs to happen first.

That way people won’t come looking for more stuff, thinking it had been hidden here all along, or that it’s still here, and being that Superman took it away.”

She stepped out of Clark’s arms and shooed him away. “Well, go contact him already. I’m ready to pick up Jimmy and head back to Metropolis.”

Clark’s eyes nearly popped out of his head. “It’s not that easy, Lois.”
Well, actually, technically it is easier most of the time.

“Sure, it is. You go call him, and I’m sure he’ll come right away to pick up his ship,” Lois said, wondering why Clark was still standing there.
Clark: Not when he is suffering from Kryptonite poisoning.

Oh, silly her. Clark didn’t want his new adoptive parents to know he had a way to contact the superhero.
But wasn;t that why Martha called him in the first place, because of his SM connection?

How was it that Clark and Superman had bonded so quickly and easily, when Clark had trouble doing so with others?
Well Clark has known Superman longer than he has known anyone else on the earth.

“We should hide it away, somewhere here on the farm, where nobody can find it. When we get back to Metropolis, we can tell Superman where it is,” recommended Clark. “And he can come pick it up.”
Somehow I think Superman is just going to leave it where they hide it and tell people he picked it up.

Afterwards, Lois and Clark both needed showers again.
Lois is in such a hurry, will she suggest they save time by taking a shower together wink

Actually, she wasn’t sure if Clark had showered before. She was just repacking her suitcase, when she heard Clark calling to Jonathan from the downstairs bath about borrowing a razor.
I guess there are multiple showers.

She shook her head. Once more, her Boy Scout of a partner was showing he was woefully unprepared.
Clark: Normally razors don't do anything for me.

John Pack Lambert
J
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
J
Perry gestured to the seat. “Lois, honey, what in the name of Elvis happened in Kansas?”
What is she going to tell him now?

She sat down in the chair indicated and shook her head. “I’m not quite sure.” She looked over her shoulder, double-checking that Clark still wasn’t in. He had gone to contact Superman about his spaceship. “Clark got shot.”

Perry jumped to his feet. “What?”
Oh, that is what she doesn't want Clark to know. That she knows he was shot.

Anyway, if Trask thought Clark was Superman why did he shoot him?
At least she is asking the question.

Everyone knows that bullets bounce off Superman. So, I don’t know. I’m thinking that Clark is holding something back about what happened, but I cannot for the life of me fathom what.”
Kryptonite.

“Yes, we rescued Wayne Irig and stopped Bureau 39 from… well, finding the rock Trask claimed could kill Superman.
True, but they already had some of the rock. Fortunantly Lois does not know about that.

All this was in my story,”
dance she likes me.

and the more I get to know the him, the more I want to get to know him better, but right now I feel more pity than love for him. That’s no basis for a relationship. Anyway, I refuse to give my heart to someone who has told me to my face that he’s keeping stuff from me.
Wait, isn;t that better than pretending he is not keeping anything from her, but keeping all sorts of secrets (like Luthor does).

There’s a good man there, Perry; I know there is. I’m just trying to find the real him.”
Sounds like the fastest way to do that is to earn his trust, not to do background checks.

He looked at her for a moment as if choosing his words carefully. “Okay, for now, we’ll just assume Clark Kent is who he says he is,” he suggested. “Poke around, quiet like. If you find anything that isn’t kosher, tell me immediately. I don’t want to out the man if it will put any of us or him at risk, but I’m curious to know what he knows and how he knows it.”
Oh no, Perry gave her the green light. Hmm, but what happens when she finds nothing?

She bit her bottom lip so their discovery wouldn’t fall out of her mouth. “A Superman exclusive! Clark went out to find him.” Lois jumped to her feet. Superman would be coming to the Daily Planet to see her, and she hadn’t checked herself in the mirror since before they had boarded the plane in Topeka.
Superman: That's OK Lois. You look wonderful anyway.

“Um… I’ve got to go prep for this interview!” she said, and rushed out the door.
Hopefully she does not go too overboard in prepping for the interview.

John Pack Lambert
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Joan: You win the lolly! Okay, I couldn't find a lollypop smilie, so Double Fudge Crunch Bar it is: [Linked Image]

LOIS: Hey!

Oh boy - they found the space ship!
It bothered me how it kept appearing and disappearing in canon only to end up in Mindy's possession. [Linked Image] I figured I'd make things more cut and dry in my... er... alt-canon Lois's dimension.

The scene by the tree was sweet with Clark so frustrated he hadn't been there for Lois.
smile1 I'm glad you liked that scene. It is one of my favorites. (Next to Cat saving Lois from B39 back... oh... 35-ish parts ago.)

VirginiaR.
---
"clearly there is a lack of understanding between those two... he speaks Lunkheadanian and she Stubbornanian" -- chelo.
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Michael: Hmmmm, this FDK is slightly shorter than the last one. wink I do realize it wasn't as exciting as whatever happened in 59 (was that the Clarkie bear scene?), but I need these transition scenes to tie up loose threads... blush

<hiding in RL> RL kind of cut my weekend LnC time in half or so, so... reading <crying at delaying EW's funny FDK commentary> and FDK <shocked that now he'll have more to catch up on next time he can shut RL in his closet, where it belongs> will be a couple of days away. Let's hope not next weekend, because I'll be having even less time then <blushing at not being as perfect as Lois thinks she is, and Clark knows she is>
That's okay, this part kind of flows into 61 and 62. Actually for 61, I added my page numbers wrong and what I thought was 21 double-spaced pages, ended up being 26 d.s. pages. blush So, I had to do a quick re-edit to not make it so long. As I recently mentioned to my Beta who excitedly bounced at another long part from me [Linked Image], I have a tendency to ramble like Lois. She didn't seem to mind. I fear the 15 d.s. page part is no longer the norm, and more the rare and cruel gift (usually including a cliffy ending) to my Readers.

Of course, with new stories on the Boards from Bobbart and Female Hawk, I fear I'm going to have to share your precious FDK time with the other writers once more. mecry

Just teasing. Did I mention I ramble? Oh, look, Double Fudge Crunch FDK from John. [Linked Image]

VirginiaR.
---
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
John: smile1

Well, he probably is not healed enough yet to make it likely she will believe him.
I'm sure if he put on his uniform, slicked back his hair, and took off his glass and explained about the Kryptonite, he MIGHT be able to convince her. But if he couldn't that was be pretty embarrassing.

Actually it remains unclear what Clark wants along these lines.
Clark's POV coming up in part 60.

My guess is he wants her to love him at least as much as Superman, but we have not really learned much along these lines.
CLARK: Sounds good to me.

Clark: I never said I did not have a college degree. I just said I didn't graduate from Midwest State. I graduated from a university in the place I was before I became a refugee.
Krypton U?

Since Jerome died during WWII, my guess is she will find nothing.
Good thing Kent isn't a common name then.

Well, since he did actually have Professor Carlton he knows a lot about the man, just the man does not know much about him. Hmm, I don;t think there is anyway to explain how this worked without mentioning parrelel universes, short of massive lieing that also implies doing probably illegal surveilance.
Or admitting he tricked the professor into believing he knew him.

Sometimes it is the most intelligent ones who don't graduate.
True, but they are one in a million.

Maybe they went to the Corn fest. Nah, they won't go without Lois, would they?
LOIS: They better have not!

Maybe they went to try to free Jimmy themselves without Lois.
LOIS: [Linked Image] Jimmy's MY lacky!

Martha: I said breakfast, not a drink.
LOIS: But this USUALLY is my breakfast.

She insists his name is Clark.
It would be a more difficult question to understand, if she called him "Chuck".

Martha: Has the Kryptonite poisoning worn off already.
LOIS: What?! [Linked Image]

MARTHA: Oh, dear. Have I said too much?

They are going to find Superman's spaceship.

NR: Not likely, even if it was in the Truck, the B39 people probably took it when they came for Trask's body.
Not enough time.

Clark: Did you really want to see the spot where you almost died? I don;t want to see you in that cursed spot Lois, it is just too dangerous.
LOIS: Oh, Chuck. You're such a worry-wort.

Lois: I am not one to let the big alpha male do all the tough work. I'm a reporter for crying out loud. I want to be in the thick of the action.
[Linked Image]

Clark: I am taking my vengeance on the killer.
Yes, there is more than one way to view this scene. wave

VirginiaR.
---
J
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
J
No, that would involve implying illegal surveilance or something else odd. The key to that was really knowing the personality of the professor, and why he knows that and the professor does not know him is hard to explain.

John Pack Lambert
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
-- Response to John's FDK - Cont.

Well, now he is going for the truth, but is he going to tell another lie?
Depends on your point of view. clap

Somehow I think Superman is just going to leave it where they hide it and tell people he picked it up.
This will be explained later.

Lois is in such a hurry, will she suggest they save time by taking a shower together
CLARK: thud

LOIS: In his dreams.

I guess there are multiple showers.
Yep, there's a downstairs bath. When Martha and Jonathan moved their bedroom downstairs after Jonathan's accident they made that bathroom their main bathroom.

Clark: Normally razors don't do anything for me.
She doesn't know that.

VirginiaR.
---
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
-- Response to John's FDK -- Cont.
What is she going to tell him now?
Kinda, sorta, not planning on it.

Oh, that is what she doesn't want Clark to know. That she knows he was shot.
He's not in on this conversation.

At least she is asking the question.
LOIS: I didn't go to Journalism school to learn underwater basket weaving.

Kryptonite.
All Lois knows is that Kryptonite can kill him, not that it can take away his powers. She learns a bit of this during Madame Ex but they had him recover his powers so quickly, I don't remember if canon Clark told Lois anything more than it could kill him.

She mentioned the rock. This is not good, it will give Luthor ideas.
Another reason Clark shouldn't have fallen asleep while Lois was writing the story.

Well, not exactly.
LOIS: Sounds logical to me.

PERRY: Me, too.

LOIS: Until I hear otherwise, I'm sticking with this story.

CLARK: [Linked Image]

Well, better late than never.
CLARK: Actually, better never than late.

Lois: Superman I have a question.

SM: What is it.

Lois: Does this kryptonite affect you.

SM: Can you promise me not to tell anyone.

Lois: Yes.

SM: Yes, it does Lois. It makes me vulnerable to bullets, and in pain. It can kill me.
That's one possiblity, yes.

Lois: Clark I have a question.

Clark: OK.

Lois: Does Kryptonite hurt Superman.

Clark: Well, ah, that is a good question.
clap

Better her than Clark. Her lies are more credible.
LOIS: Thank you. I have years of experience.

Oh, I thought it was more she would miss having him around, getting to look at him, etc.
LOIS: You really expect me to admit that to myself?

Wait, wouldn't it be better if Clark hears the story she tells, so that he can collaborate it.
No. Well, not for the Readers at least. evil

Clark: They don't have the ability to send me back to where I came from.
TRASK: Give me a big enough gun, and I'll try.

She only kissed him, he didn't kiss back.
CLARK: She kissed me?

LOIS: Well, you were asleep at the time.

CLARK: You kissed me while I was asleep? love

LOIS: Don't make anything of this.

CLARK: Sure. Fine. I won't.

LOIS: Liar!

I can see him suspecting lots of things.
PERRY: As a matter of fact I did. laugh

Not really, but close enough.
It's better than her hating him.

She is way off on this point.
Um... Isn't that what Clark does? Unveal criminal activity through his investigations?

The first part is true, about a "real life", but he was a valuable asset to society before, just too valuable all the time.
CLARK: You never know the importance of a real life, until you no longer have one.

She should admit to Perry that she overheard his conversation and so really did not know all the details, but of couse she won;t.
She did tell him. That she overheard him talking to the Kents about it.

True, Perry. However sometimes people need to tell things, even when they don't want to.
PAUL: Despite telling you that I really like you and that I want to date you (in secret), I'm going to instead date Linda and publish your story under her name.

LOIS: [Linked Image]

CLAUDE: I have VD. I'm going to sleep with you and steal your story and tell everyone how bad you are in the sack.

CLARK: I've lied to you about my past, because I'm really a crime fighting superhero from another planet. I've travel across time and space (dimensional space) because I want to spend the rest of my life loving and cherishing you. You're the best person I've ever known, and I'm in awe of you.

Does this mean they arn't dating anymore?
LOIS: You think I should date a liar? A man whose past I don't know. You might be psychotic killer? No, thank you.

Perry has a very good point. This is not an easy thing to tell others.
PERRY: I have 35 years experience in the newsbusiness and almost the same amount of time dealing with matters of the heart.

Although I don;t think she quite said that. I would argue she just rated partners as higher than a few dates, maybe about on par with engaged, but not more than married.
Hence the embarrassment.

Wait, isn;t that better than pretending he is not keeping anything from her, but keeping all sorts of secrets (like Luthor does).
LOIS: What secrets? You have proof that Luthor's keeping secrets? Documentation? Cold hard facts? I didn't think so. Anyway, I don't like Luthor that way, I told Clark as much the other night... well, he was asleep, but still...

Sounds like the fastest way to do that is to earn his trust, not to do background checks.
LOIS: 'Earn his trust'? hmmmmm. No, I don't understand that phrase. I'll just stick with what I do best... being an investigative reporter.

Oh no, Perry gave her the green light. Hmm, but what happens when she finds nothing?
PERRY: I gave Kent the green light to investigate Luthor too, and he hasn't come up with much either. If I hadn't they still would have gone through with their investigations, only without back-up. I'd rather be in the loop with these investigations than out of it.

Superman: That's OK Lois. You look wonderful anyway.
A woman can never be too careful. She might have spinach between her teeth or something. wink

Hopefully she does not go too overboard in prepping for the interview.
SUPERMAN: As I said above, Lois you always look beautiful.

Interview coming up... Oh, wait, late tomorrow night. blush

VirginiaR.
---
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Originally posted by John Lambert:
No, that would involve implying illegal surveilance or something else odd. The key to that was really knowing the personality of the professor, and why he knows that and the professor does not know him is hard to explain.
Not necessarily, because it's been at least 5-7 years since he graduated from college and the professor has how many students in each of his classes each semester. It's possible that the Professor, especially one as absent minded as this one, had forgotten about him altogether.

VirginiaR.
---
J
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
J
Lois has already seen the spaceship back in B39's warehouse months ago. I don't think the first thing someone would thing of is "space cradle". I'm thinking they'd first think "suitcase" or "supply ship". After all, as far as Lois knows Superman CAN fly in space without need of oxygen. Why would he NEED a ship?
Lois: But doesn't Superman need to breath sometimes? He does need oxygen to live. Anyway I went looking for his ship in the sewage reclamation facility, so he musth have a ship, right.

Hmm, on another note. Did Mindy realize that Superman came to earth as a child?

John Pack Lambert
S
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
S
Hi Virginia,

Sorry! I don't have any time to comment.

But I just wanted to tell one thing: I'm very glad that he found his ship (even if it's Dead Clark's ship).

Great story.

wave

Sydney

Non ! non, c’est bien plus beau lorsque c’est inutile !
(Edmond Rostand)
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Originally posted by John Lambert:
Lois: But doesn't Superman need to breath sometimes? He does need oxygen to live.
She doesn't know this. It is before he admits that he can only hold his breath for roughly 20 minutes in ASU.

Anyway I went looking for his ship in the sewage reclamation facility, so he musth have a ship, right.
SM: That was a joke, remember. It didn't exist then. Anyway, I would never fit inside that tiny ship.

Good question. There's a scary thought.

VirginiaR.
---
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Originally posted by Sydney:
Hi Virginia,
Sydney! hyper

Sorry! I don't have any time to comment.
I'm happy you took a moment to let me know you're still reading. clap

But I just wanted to tell one thing: I'm very glad that he found his ship (even if it's Dead Clark's ship).
CLARK: Me, too.

Great story.
Thank you. blush

VirginiaR.
---
J
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
J
Good question. There's a scary thought. [/QB]
[/Quote]

I went and watched all the Christmas episodes recently. In "Home is where the hurt is" Mindy specifically mentions "baby superman" and baby superman coming to earth and thus not being immune to any Kryptonian virus, since he has been on earth and never exposed to them. So she clearly knows Superman came to earth as a child.

John Pack Lambert
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Online Content
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Going Home
[Linked Image]

She needed to talk to him and see what he would say to her about the lies he’d told her.
CLARK: help

She had decided to not pressure Clark and play things by ear.
Too much drugs in the water!

It was just like that little boy who called wolf one time too many.
Which is why Perry always demands facts facts and facts. And won’t print anything Ralph wrote that doesn’t come with a photocopy of a death certificate.

Anyway, Clark had known that about Lois going into this relationship. She was trying to move on. Couldn’t he give her some credit for that?
:rolleyes:

If he hadn’t wanted damaged goods…
Well, he does have *some* pride left.
RALPH: I wouldn’t mind tapping that.

It couldn’t be that common of a name over there, right?
They might use the Italian form, though. You know, Berlusconi (http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...io-Berlusconi-defends-escort-claims.html).

On the other hand, had he gone, only not graduated?
Got kicked out for running a college girl prostitution ring.

Clark was too intelligent to have never graduated from high school at all.
Yeah, the really really smart ones often end up as sociopath super villains.

No, it couldn’t be, because Clark didn’t eat sweets like pie.
[Linked Image] Also, I always figured that the lemon lime lemonade was made without sugar.

After these past few days, she wondered if Jimmy would be kissing the Metropolis tarmac with her, so happy to be home.
Awww, Lois, hardly able to wait getting back to civilization.

“A hero,” Lois said with a wink. “A super fantastic guy.”

“Really?” Martha said vaguely. “And who would that be?”
Poor Martha.

“Mel Gibson, of course!” Lois teased, slipping out of her jacket and setting it on the back of a chair.
clap

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, our favorite show, life, and more! (It’s almost like the IRC days of old again!)

Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Online Content
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
“I’m right?” he echoed. There was a tinge of happy smugness to his voice.

“Don’t get used to it. I’m sure it won’t happen again soon,” she retorted.
Hadn’t he been right once before in this story?

“A big heavy-looking box,” she said,
See! See!

“But it could have been a different truck.”
[Linked Image]

“I guess I’ll volunteer to get my hands dirty.”

“Clark, your hands are already dirty,” Lois reminded him. She glanced down at her own hand and realized it was dirty now as well.
[Linked Image]

“There’s something here.”
Ooooh! Oooooh!

She couldn’t recognize it from what was uncovered and brushed away more of the ash to reveal a large red “S”.
So, not the sign for the new Smallville Mc Donalds?

“Maybe they haven’t unloaded the rest of the trucks yet and don’t know that it’s missing,” suggested Clark.
Someone’s going to lose their job over this.

“Maybe because of their ‘rogue’ status they don’t have a permanent base of operations at the moment, so they’re working out of the back of their trucks,” said Clark.
Like the Rebal Alliance after Hoth?

Clark’s face fell and he glanced over at Jonathan. “Lois, we can’t tell anyone about this. Everyone will come out here and overrun the Kents’ farm.”
Also, best not talk about it.

“But… Superman... the scoop!” Lois said, unable to make a more forceful argument.
wave Michael

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard