#90963 11/09/12 07:20 PM
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Thoughts and comments are always appreciated. smile

Battle On,
Deadly Chakram

"Being with you is stronger than me alone." ~ Clark Kent

"One little spark of inspiration is at the heart of all creation." ~ Figment the Dragon

#90964 11/10/12 06:59 AM
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Quick Comment. Will post more when I have more time.

He TOLD her?! Wow! That's some development. Yes, I can completely understand the screaming. It would be a bit of a shock to have one's boyfriend suddenly start talking crazy and then levitate. Love the neighbor.

Six parts left. Now what? They live happily ever after? laugh More later, just didn't want to leave you hanging FDK-wise. wink (I know that feeling and it isn't a good one).

VirginiaR.
"On the long road, take small steps." -- Jor-el, "The Foundling"
---
"clearly there is a lack of understanding between those two... he speaks Lunkheadanian and she Stubbornanian" -- chelo.
#90965 11/10/12 07:08 AM
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Originally posted by VirginiaR:
Quick Comment. Will post more when I have more time.

He TOLD her?! Wow! That's some development. Yes, I can completely understand the screaming. It would be a bit of a shock to have one's boyfriend suddenly start talking crazy and then levitate. Love the neighbor.

Six parts left. Now what? They live happily ever after? laugh More later, just didn't want to leave you hanging FDK-wise. wink (I know that feeling and it isn't a good one).
Ah, thank you. smile

Yes, he told her. Because he knows that she likes him. Without having created Superman, Clark doesn't have any competion in this universe. And he knows he wants to be with her always...and that requires that she know about him, just as he told the Kents when they took him in. smile

Six parts left. LOTS happening in them. That's all I'm saying. smile

Battle On,
Deadly Chakram

"One little spark of inspiration is at the heart of all creation." ~ Figment the Dragon

#90966 11/10/12 07:33 AM
S
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
S
Just read parts 11 and 12. Still reading, still enjoying the story.

Clark and Lois are dating? smile

He told her the truth? Good idea, Clark! And I understand Lois'reaction: in a world without Superman, seeing her boyfriend levitating was a bit .... confusing!

And now?

Six parts left. LOTS happening in them. That's all I'm saying.
So let me guess?

With Lois' and Martha's help, Clark becomes Superman?

But I remember something: even if Cameron Trask is dead, his son Jason is alive..... DANGER!

wave

Sydney

Non ! non, c’est bien plus beau lorsque c’est inutile !
(Edmond Rostand)
#90967 11/10/12 09:06 AM
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Vicki,
Wonderful part. Nice reveal.

Leave it to Lois to see the 'upside' and plan how to capitolize on his abilities on the job.
Can't wait for more.

Hopefully he pops the question soon.

Herb replied, “My boy, I never say … impossible.” "Lois and Clarks"

My stories can be found here

kj
#90968 11/10/12 09:56 AM
J
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
J
June 22, 1994
Superman is really late in this universe. How is Clark standing all this time in Metropolis not being Superman? Has he been doing periodic secret rescues?

"Morning, Lois," Clark said cheerfully as he swept into the newsroom, juggling a couple of cups of coffee and a box of donuts.
Well, he has not fully moved past his newsstand job.

"I come bearing breakfast," Clark announced, setting down his offerings on her desk with a flourish. "My humble tribute to the writing gods."
Although I guess now he buys Lois breakfast.

"Well," Clark said, swallowing down the last bite of his donut. "I was wondering...would you maybe like to...go out with me?"
Took him long enough. Some might say "he is ahead of his in-canon schedule". Except in canon he asked her out in the pilot.

"Look, Lois, I'm not just pulling this out of nowhere. I've wanted to ask you out ever since you interviewed me after the 1987 Metropolis University/Midwestern State football game.
Which makes comparisons to canon unworkable. this makes it over six years since they first met, in canon they were married before they had known each other 6 years. Of course the comparison is more complexed than that.

I think we needed learn how to be friends first.
I think it should be "needed to learn", of course maybe the missing to is a sign of Clark's hesitancy, he is messing up his English.

Lois nodded slowly. "I think I do. I'd just hate losing you if things don't work out."

"You'll never lose me, Lois. I care about you too much to let that happen."
It is good Clark is as confident as he is.

"Okay," she finally said, after taking a deep breath. "We're on for tomorrow.
Once there, Clark had produced a large, thick quilt and a picnic basket from where he'd stowed it in the back of Lois' car when she hadn't been looking.
This reminds me a lot of their picnic in the 4th of July fireworks story.

When they had kissed goodnight at Lois' apartment late that night,
smile1 They are way ahead of canon. They actually ahd their first date, and it ended with a kiss. I am a little scared, things are going almost too good.

Lois had seemed to have had a good time as well. They had been out several times since that night,
Hmm, they may have exceeded the number of in-canon pre-engagement dates.

grabbing late dinners in some of the local restaurants after work,
No Superman deliveries from China?

or spending their free days doing fun, informal little trips.
Like the one to the DP carnival in "The Source".

Lois: That was not a date. It was just me and Clark hanging out. smile1 Lois is protecting Clark.

"And...I'm sorry."
shock Lois, apologizing? Are we sure she isn't a clone?

"Well, you still haven't answered my question. My original question, that is."

"What question is that?"

"Where'd you get the pizza?"
That she still remembers and cares about this is a very good sign.

John Pack Lambert
#90969 11/10/12 07:58 PM
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Originally posted by Sydney:
Just read parts 11 and 12. Still reading, still enjoying the story.

Clark and Lois are dating? smile

He told her the truth? Good idea, Clark! And I understand Lois'reaction: in a world without Superman, seeing her boyfriend levitating was a bit .... confusing!

And now?

Six parts left. LOTS happening in them. That's all I'm saying.
So let me guess?

With Lois' and Martha's help, Clark becomes Superman?

But I remember something: even if Cameron Trask is dead, his son Jason is alive..... DANGER!

wave
Hi, Sydney!

Dating, secrets exposed, love is in the air! What more could they want? Oh, some peace and quiet to be together...? Umm...

It was fun to craft this so that Superman doesn't exist when he tells her about himself, I'll admit to that!

Battle On,
Deadly Chakram

#90970 11/10/12 08:01 PM
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Originally posted by KenJ:
Vicki,
Wonderful part. Nice reveal.

Leave it to Lois to see the 'upside' and plan how to capitolize on his abilities on the job.
Can't wait for more.

Hopefully he pops the question soon.
Thank you, Ken. Proposal? We'll see. If it happens, they will have to work for it! evil

Of course Lois will see the "upside." She's Mad Dog Lane! laugh

Battle On,
Deadly Chakram

#90971 11/10/12 08:40 PM
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
I'm back for a more in-depth FDK. I see John beat me to it. whinging It took him this long to get an apartment of his own. I guess he wanted to save up his money so if he lost his job he wouldn't be reduced to starving himself again.

How exactly is using his powers when no one can see him, 'cheating'? Is he treating himself like alt-Lana wanted him act? That the powers didn't exist at all? But that wouldn't explain him using them to protect Lois and visit his folks?

Beyond, he could see Lois standing there, a plant of some kind in her arms.
Oh, no! What florist would do that to a plant? Don't they know that she turns homicidal on them?

"No more secrets about where you manage to produce the most delicious foods from."

"No more secrets," Clark agreed, the words sounding like a solemn vow.
Oh, dear. Is he going to tell her he's a virgin?

"I know. But I just...I don't want to lose you, Lois. I can't. You mean everything to me. Everything."
Well, at least, he's not going the needy route.

"That's better. Now then. Clark, I'm in love with you too. I love you."
Awwwwwwwwwwwww. Okay, Clark, you can tell her now.

"There are things...about me...that I haven't told you. But it's time I cleared the air. Because I want you to know. I really do. I need you to know. I'm just...really, really scared. These are things that I've been hiding for my entire life, Lois. Because the knowledge...it's dangerous. Not just for me. But for you and my parents, and everyone I've become close with. Even Jimmy and Perry. And I'm so afraid that once you know these things..."

"That...what? I'll use them against you? Clark, you know that's not..." Lois' voice grew a little colder at the perceived accusation. She crossed her arms.
CLARK: No, I'm afraid you'll change your mind about sleeping with me, and I REALLY want to sleep with you because I've been a very paitient man...

LOIS: Huh? Clark, you've lost me.

CLARK: clap

"You? Don't get me wrong, you're in great shape and all, but just how did he think you were going to accomplish this?"
CLARK: Well, I am now. You should have seen me before I turned twelve! I was really built then.

"Powers? Clark, get real. This isn't some C-grade sci-fi flick. This is real life."
I'm surprised that she jumped to sci-fi with this vague description. I would have thought she'd go to "magic".

LOIS: Oh, so you can produce a quarter out of my ear?

Then he allowed himself to levitate in the air before her, hovering two feet above the floor. His cheeks were scarlet in his embarrassment.
She's going to think that levitating requires physical effort due to the red face.

She worked it a few times, opening and closing her jaw to no avail. No sound would issue forth. Then, after a moment, a scream came from her throat.
As I stated before. A very natural reaction. At least he didn't start with his heat vision.

Clark x-rayed through the wood. "Mrs. DeLeo." He frowned, then took in Lois' bewildered look. "I, uh...x-ray vision," he said, shrugging.
With all of his thought into this, he still hadn't thought enough.

"Oh, that was me," Lois said, coming to Clark's aid before he could respond. "We were...watching a movie. A horror movie. I, uh, got a little spooked, that's all."
Yea! Lois cares for Clark!

adding in his burning desire to help people, but his complete loss as to how to do it without exposing himself to the public.
[Linked Image] Really, Clark, I don't think that's necessary to rescue people.

"Barely," Clark said sheepishly. "I had a bullet or two hit me in the head.
So, I'm guessing he mentioned the invulnerablity.

"Well, that settles that. You are officially the designated take-out getter from here on out."
As there had been any question about that.

If anything, I'm flattered and honored that you chose to entrust me with this information. I just wish I could have helped you shoulder this burden sooner.
CLARK: I needed to tell you. I promised myself I wouldn't sleep with anyone without first telling them my secret.

LOIS: shock You're a virgin?!

CLARK: I didn't quite mean to tell you this way.

LOIS: Alien, I can take, but a man with no experience whatsoever?! I don't know...

Lois grinned. "I love it. Lane and Kent are going to be unstoppable now!"
Chapter 13: Lois become reckless.

VirginiaR.
---
"clearly there is a lack of understanding between those two... he speaks Lunkheadanian and she Stubbornanian" -- chelo.
#90972 11/10/12 08:46 PM
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Superman is really late in this universe. How is Clark standing all this time in Metropolis not being Superman? Has he been doing periodic secret rescues?
Late, but with good reason (being scared out of his mind). Secret rescues - yes.

Well, he has not fully moved past his newsstand job.
It's his fate to be her coffee boy?

Although I guess now he buys Lois breakfast.
Lois: He better! Girls aren't supposed to pay!

Took him long enough. Some might say "he is ahead of his in-canon schedule". Except in canon he asked her out in the pilot.
Well, to be fair, it really isn't competing with canon. Though it was fun to mess with it - not having Supes around in '93, dating Lois earlier. Fun stuff!

Which makes comparisons to canon unworkable. this makes it over six years since they first met, in canon they were married before they had known each other 6 years. Of course the comparison is more complexed than that.
Exactly! laugh

I think it should be "needed to learn", of course maybe the missing to is a sign of Clark's hesitancy, he is messing up his English.
You're right. My beta and I missed that somehow.

It is good Clark is as confident as he is.
<nods>

This reminds me a lot of their picnic in the 4th of July fireworks story.
Kinda. I knew they paralleled, but the circumstances were so different. One's a date, one isn't. One is Shakespeare, one is fireworks. I think I wrote this one first though.

They are way ahead of canon. They actually ahd their first date, and it ended with a kiss. I am a little scared, things are going almost too good.
<whistles innocently>

Hmm, they may have exceeded the number of in-canon pre-engagement dates.
help

Lois loves Clark. Oh wait, somehow this is not at all surprising.
laugh

He better explain quick, before she decides it is something horrible.
Lois: Oh God. You're a serial killer, aren't you?

Clark: wallbash

That is a lot harder in this universe than in canon. Where does he start? It's not like if he says "Lois, I'm Superman" it will mean anything to her.
Right.

So what has he told her about his life before he was adopted?
Just that he was adopted at 12.

Is this the, build symphathy before the really scary part reveal?
Yes. But more along the "I'm not really sure how to broach the subject so I'm buying myself so time" explaination. wink

Well, at some level Trask did not really think. His plan was just too bizarre to ever work.
Trask: Are you calling me insane? Oh...you are? <shrugs> Okay then. Carry on.

Clark: she doesn't like me after all.
Hehehehe!

Lois is protecting Clark.
Clark: She DOES like me! <happy dance>

Lois, apologizing? Are we sure she isn't a clone?
Funny, how not being mad at him for pretending he's two people changes her reaction. <grin>

That she still remembers and cares about this is a very good sign.
<nods>

Battle On,
Deadly Chakram

#90973 11/10/12 09:24 PM
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
So, he's been in Metropolis for about 9 months now, working at the DP for almost 6?
Basically.

Clark: Evil writer is tormenting me!

Me: Sssh, Clark. You have *no* idea what I am capable of.

Clark: help

Did Lois just admit to being one of the "writing gods"? So, Lois!
Yep. dance

LOIS: Well, if all that's bothering you is that we haven't slept together, we can remedy that fact and then you tell me your secret.

CLARK: I SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO love you!
Hehehehehehehe!

Very good. I like this explanation.
Thank you. smile

CLARK: Well, I am now. You should have seen me before I turned twelve! I was really built then.
Lois: Pics or it didn't happen.

I'm surprised that she jumped to sci-fi with this vague description. I would have thought she'd go to "magic".

LOIS: Oh, so you can produce a quarter out of my ear?
Hehehehehe!

She's going to think that levitating requires physical effort due to the red face.
He'll just have to prove that it's no effort and that he can...do other things...at the same time.

As I stated before. A very natural reaction. At least he didn't start with his heat vision.
Hehehe! <Imagines Lois zipping out the door, super speed as Clark lights candles with his eyes>

With all of his thought into this, he still hadn't thought enough.
Clark: Darn! I should have planned this for a weekend when the nosey neighbor would be away.

Yea! Lois cares for Clark!
Hooray!

Really, Clark, I don't think that's necessary to rescue people.
Fan Girls Everywhere: We think it *is* necessary!

So, I'm guessing he mentioned the invulnerablity.
She knows it all now that he's finished his story.

As there had been any question about that.
Lois: Hooray! One less thing for me to do!

LOIS: Alien, I can take, but a man with no experience whatsoever?! I don't know...
<whispers to Lois> Trust me, lack of experience does *not* necessarily mean lack of talent.

Chapter 13: Lois become reckless.
Lois: Going to the Congo alone wasn't reckless? Better step up my game!

Battle On,
Deadly Chakram

#90974 11/12/12 10:47 AM
Boards Chief Administrator
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
June 22, 1994
Another five months…

"Morning, Lois," Clark said cheerfully as he swept into the newsroom, juggling a couple of cups of coffee and a box of donuts.
And still working in the food services industry.

"My humble tribute to the writing gods."
AKA Lois?

Lois eyed the spread appreciatively. "Thanks. Your tribute is deemed acceptable."
See?

She nodded. "The 'I'm going to say something that Lois isn't going to like' tone."
laugh Also, Lois picked the donut that was pre-owned by Ralph?

"Well," Clark said, swallowing down the last bite of his donut. "I was wondering...would you maybe like to...go out with me?"
wave Michael

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, our favorite show, life, and more! (It’s almost like the IRC days of old again!)

I go by Michael on the Archives.
#90975 11/13/12 05:26 PM
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Another five months…
Clark: Tell me about it. *sigh*

And still working in the food services industry.
That's one way to put it.

AKA Lois?
<nods>

Also, Lois picked the donut that was pre-owned by Ralph?
Lois: Ewwwwww! <goes off an beats Ralph to death with a coffee stirrer.>

Also, hey! We missed five months…
Yeah, I know. But I kinda liked "snapshotting" his life.

Well, the shower’s getting old fast.
Clark: <nods>

Yeah, right. Like he wouldn’t pack up and leave if she started seeing Call-Me-Daniel. Or Lex. Or things got too hot come November.
Clark: <gulps hard, attempts to whistle nonchalantly>

Oooooh! Someone’s been a tad hard up, huh?
No Superman to confuse her feelings. clap

They’ve only been dating for a *month*! That’s nothing in LnC time.
L&C *do* move kinda fast once they start dating, huh? What was it, two dates and a proposal? wink

Well, if he got her knocked up, he could be sure.
clap

Yeah, that would have been kind of awkward, had she actually gotten hit.
Messy too.

LOIS: Who would ever be so stupid?
Canon Clark: Beats me.

Oh boy. He just created a monster.

So, Superman now?
Yes and...no. evil

Battle On,
Deadly Chakram

#90976 11/13/12 05:36 PM
J
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
J
Oh, no! Not happiness! Anything but happiness! shock Happiness brings out the paranoid psychos, the asteroids, the time-traveling nutsos, 5th dimensional gnomes! Anything but happiness.
Mr. Mxyzpdlk: I am an imp, not a gnome. Get it right. grr.

John Pack Lambert
#90977 11/13/12 05:52 PM
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
</font><blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><hr /><font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Originally posted by John Lambert:
<strong> </font><blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><hr /><font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Oh, no! Not happiness! Anything but happiness! rotflol rotflol rotflol

Battle On,
Deadly Chakram

#90978 11/13/12 06:05 PM
J
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
J
L&C *do* move kinda fast once they start dating, huh? What was it, two dates and a proposal? wink
At least 4, not counting the almost first date. There is the first date, there is the date at the end of "Target Jimmy Olsen" which we don;t see, there is the date that Clark promies to stay at 7:01, 7:02, 7:03 etc after "Individual responsibility", and their is their Carnival date at the start of "Whine, Whine, Whine". Then there is the kissing session that gets interupted by Mayson dieing which is not part of a date.

You probably could argue there might be another date or two somewhere in there, and maybe a few between "Whine, Whine, Whine" and "And the Answer is ...". Still it is probably no more than 10, and that includes at least one that Clark ran away from, so yes, not many.

John Pack Lambert
#90979 11/13/12 06:10 PM
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Originally posted by John Lambert:
At least 4, not counting the almost first date. There is the first date, there is the date at the end of "Target Jimmy Olsen" which we don;t see, there is the date that Clark promies to stay at 7:01, 7:02, 7:03 etc after "Individual responsibility", and their is their Carnival date at the start of "Whine, Whine, Whine". Then there is the kissing session that gets interupted by Mayson dieing which is not part of a date.

You probably could argue there might be another date or two somewhere in there, and maybe a few between "Whine, Whine, Whine" and "And the Answer is ...". Still it is probably no more than 10, and that includes at least one that Clark ran away from, so yes, not many.
Yep, not many. My, do those two know what they want! laugh

Battle On,
Deadly Chakram

#90980 11/13/12 06:55 PM
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Originally posted by John Lambert:
Mr. Mxyzpdlk: I am an imp, not a gnome. Get it right. grr.
clap
ER: I knew gnome wasn't right. It was one of those times when you know you know the right word but it just doesn't come to you. wallbash Hmmmmm, John. I'm beginning to think Mxy is related to Max.

VirginiaR.
---
#90981 11/14/12 10:52 AM
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
That's one way to put it.
wave Michael

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, our favorite show, life, and more! (It’s almost like the IRC days of old again!)

I go by Michael on the Archives.
#90982 11/15/12 10:57 AM
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
True. Also, they had a reallllly long engagement period, so I guess it all evens out.
Well, that's true. But, let's not forget their engagement was so long ONLY because of clones, amnesia, and invading aliens. laugh

Naughty!
Clark: laugh

I did wonder about whether he should have simply switched out the heads in a Round Robin fashion.
Clark: Next time, I'm makng sacrfices to the Drowned God.

Battle On,
Deadly Chakram

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard