Print Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4
#90824 11/03/12 09:37 PM
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Wrong Place, Wrong Time, Wrong Clark TOC can be found Here

I hope it was worth the extra long wait. laugh

Please post your thoughts, ideas, character curses*, etc. here. Thank you.

NEW POSTING SCHEDULE: I will post the story twice a week for the foreseeable future. On Saturday nights (or early Sunday, depending on your time zone), and Tuesday nights (early Wednesday morning). The posting parts will still range between 15-20 double spaced pages (although they've been more between 20-24 during this Smallville arc :rolleyes: ). This will slow down a bit from the old every 3 days schedule. Let's hope I don't have to slow it down even further. I should be able to devote more time to writing by the end of this coming week, as my RL will return to what it was two weeks ago. Again, thank you for being paitent with me. laugh

*And "no" Tempus, I'm not talking about you.

Last edited by VirginiaR; 05/19/14 03:14 PM. Reason: Added Link

VirginiaR.
"On the long road, take small steps." -- Jor-el, "The Foundling"
---
"clearly there is a lack of understanding between those two... he speaks Lunkheadanian and she Stubbornanian" -- chelo.
Boards Chief Administrator
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Online Content
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Lois heard Clark shout, felt him push her away, and saw him jump between her and Trask, like a human shield,
LOIS: mad That *stupid* moron. Who does he think he is? Superman?

before falling to the ground with a heavy thud amidst the two almost simultaneous explosions.
LOIS: eek Clark! Clarkie-bear! laugh and [Linked Image]

She wanted to call him Clark, or Kent, but it seemed wrong somehow to call him these names anymore. Jerome still twisted her tongue into knots. “Chuck.”
Oh boy.

Clark shifted his position to look around, and they saw that Trask was lying in pool of his own blood, presumably dead, but who had shot him?
confused But it had been Trask’s gun that had exploded twice. Or did it literally explode?

Sheriff Harris, rubbing his jaw, was striding over to yell at Hank. “You shot Trask in cold blood, Hank,” he said, pulling Thomas’s rifle out of the man’s hands.
Ooooo-kay.

“He’s… was a representative of our government.
He was a psychopathic killer. Hmm…

Do you know much paperwork I’m going to have to fill out because of this?
laugh Couldn’t he delegate that to Darlene?

“I was doing your job,” rebutted Hank, then a thoughtful expression came over his face. “Sheriff Hank Jessup?” He nodded. “I could live with that.”
laugh He’s gonna get himself shot.

If she lived in this county, he’d have her vote for Sheriff.
Nah, I’d expect her to run for Sheriff.

“Why did he think you were Superman?” she asked.
Got his uniforms in my secret compartment back home.

“And he believed you?” Lois scoffed. “How certifiable can one man be?”
TEMPUS: I believed him, too. And I’m not in the Kansas State Asylum because I’m nuts.

Clark stared at her, his jaw hanging open as if in astonishment. “You’re not… mad, Lois?”
:rolleyes: Of course, she’s mad. She’s just also good at compartmentalization.

“What? Mad? You thought I believed him?” Lois laughed.
CLARK: [Linked Image]

You and Superman are worlds apart.”
Mudbrown. The Way-way-before.

Why would she be angry? Suddenly it clicked. “You’re right, Chuck, I am mad,” she announced, hitting his arm.
laugh

The last thing Superman would want is you dead because you impersonated him.”
Exactly, he already got a double for that one.

“You’re wro…” he started saying and then coughed.
Wise choice.

“Clark’s my distant cousin,” Jonathan announced, speaking up for the first time since the sheriff had arrived.
He’s his duplicate’s son, one dimension removed.

“You got ID?” Sheriff Harris asked Clark.
Kinda.

Sheriff Harris looked the documents over and handed them back. “Do you have a birth certificate?”
Back home.

“Who carries around a birth certificate with them?” Lois asked.
Soviets. Probably. It was a trick question to weasel out whether he’s a commie.

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, our favorite show, life, and more! (It’s almost like the IRC days of old again!)

I go by Michael on the Archives.
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Online Content
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
“You don’t want to do that. You know that Lana will call her Daddy if she’s stuck with the kids all night without me,”
help

Mrs. Kent lifted up a rifle and shot the leader.
shock

It didn’t make a sound when she pulled the trigger, and Jimmy wondered if she had loaded it properly or remembered to take the safety off.
confused Is Jimmy just dreaming?

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, our favorite show, life, and more! (It’s almost like the IRC days of old again!)

Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Online Content
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
He was surprised these kind farmers would own more than one gun.
OOooh! tranq-gun, for when Ferdinand gets loose.

“Fall back!” the man shouted to his team, before stumbling to the ground, pulling a feathered dart from his arm.
laugh

“That’s bull tranquilizer, and I’ve got more where that came from,”
laugh

They jumped into the second SUV, barely making it before he crashed into the door.
Wouldn’t it have been fun had the bull been able to car-dip the SUV?

“You can trust me. Whatever it is that you’re afraid to tell me, I promise not to freak out, or get angry.
CLARK: Lois, I’m Superman.
LOIS: mad
CLARK: And I’m from another dimension.
LOIS: clap

“I know anger is my go-to emotion, Chuck. I don’t mean for it to be, but… well, I’ve acknowledged it as a problem I need to work on.
[Linked Image] She’s sooooo *cute*

I don’t know why I lash out at you more than I do with anyone else.
L.O.V.E.

I mean Lex bought me for fifteen hundred dollars, and though it royally ticked me off, and I’ll never fully forgive him for that, I don’t care.”
Also, 1500 is quite a nice price for a novice hooker who’s not a virgin, too.

I know it was probably awful to lead him on,
:rolleyes:

but he’s a big boy. He can handle a little rejection, right? It’s not like he’s invested in me or anything.”
/points at surveillance equipment/

The only man I’ve really been interested in… well, other than you-know-who, and we both know what a mess that was, is you.”
clap

if one ruled out a certain superhero
Batman?

“Ever since we’ve arrived here in Smallville I’ve become aware how fragile…” Oh, that was a horrible word choice there, Lane, she scolded herself. “— and vulnerable you are. I was truly frightened this afternoon at the thought of you dying.
See? That’s how Clark feels about you every single second of every single day.

As if we were somehow linked and your death would kill me as well.” Lois flushed. So much for not telling him how she really felt.
What Clark hears: They put a chip into each of our brains and when one dies, the other one will die of an incredibly painful aneurism.

Clark remained silent.

“Clark?” she whispered, turning to look at him for the first time since shutting her laptop.
Uh-oh. /gets a weird feeling/
[Linked Image] [Linked Image]

His eyes were closed and he was breathing deeply.

She pressed her lips together. “Good going there, Lane. Pour your heart out to the Great Snorini,” she grumbled.
laugh

It was more her fault for not checking his attention level before diving in.
Is that like checking the water level?

She was the grumpy party in this scenario, after all, and she refused to give him a chance to out-gripe at her for waking him up.
laugh

Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Online Content
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
She leaned over and gently placed her lips to his.
Ooooooh!

If only there was a way to float him up to her bed so that they could cuddle all night, like he was her very own Clark-bear.
wave Michael

S
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
S
Hi Virginia,

she didn’t want him to sacrifice himself to protect her
READERS: It's Clark, Lois. He wants to protect everybody, specially you, even without his powers...

LOIS: Powers? Only Superman has powers! And Trask is wrong; Chuck is not Superman! I know that.

READERS: Well....

“Today was a bad day.”
LOIS: You could say that, Chuck...It's an understatement!

“He was aiming at you, not me, you lunkhead,” Lois corrected him, running her fingers over his hair.

“Always with the endearments, Lois,” Clark replied softly, lifting his gaze to look her in the eyes.
She's right, Clark. You're an adorable lunkhead, but you're a lunkhead!

LOIS: I'm always right!

Maybe Clark could get a bed, just not the one he wanted.
Naughty Clark?

Personally, Clark wanted to sleep with Lois,
Naughty Clark!

just sleep.
We don't believe you, Clark!

He moved his hand to his mouth and pretended to cough. “Where’s Thomas’s rock?” he asked.

“Secure,” she replied vaguely. “Ferdinand is guarding it.”

He glanced up at her. “Your bull?”

Martha nodded. “I put it in the back corner of his stall and covered it with wood shavings and manure. Trust me, nobody will come near it.”
Martha is a genius!

Mrs. Kent lifted up a rifle and shot the leader.
wave

Sydney

Non ! non, c’est bien plus beau lorsque c’est inutile !
(Edmond Rostand)
X
Blogger
Blogger
X
Still here, still reading, still LOVING it!
Sorry I've been away so long, classes have been crazy.

“You, stupid, stupid man, you’re not allowed to die.”

“I’m usually better at it,” he said roughly. “Today was a bad day.”
laugh
“Where does it hurt?”

Clark swallowed, staring up at her. “Everywhere.”
Oh, poor Clark. Not used to feeling pain frown
“You shot Trask in cold blood, Hank,” he said, pulling Thomas’s rifle out of the man’s hands. “He’s… was a representative of our government. Do you know much paperwork I’m going to have to fill out because of this? You know this will bring the feds to Smallville to tramp all over my jurisdiction, don’t you?”

“I was doing your job,” rebutted Hank, then a thoughtful expression came over his face. “Sheriff Hank Jessup?” He nodded. “I could live with that.”

“Not from jail, Hank. You’re under arrest,” Sheriff Harris said
Can someone gag the sheriff? He needs to stop talking. He's so annoying.
“Please. You two may both have brown hair, and brown eyes, and be roughly the height, Chuck, but so is Thomas, and Jimmy, and neither of them are Superman either. You and Superman are worlds apart.” Then realizing what she said, added, “Pun intended.”
Hmmm... not as apart as you may think
“Clark’s my distant cousin,” Jonathan announced, speaking up for the first time since the sheriff had arrived. “I asked him to help out at the farm after my accident. I figured if everyone in town thought he was a drifter named Jerome, he could come and go as he pleased without being the center of gossip. I didn’t want people to talk, which I knew they would if another Kent suddenly arrived in town.” He set a hand on his wife’s hand. “I’m sorry, Martha,” he said with heartfelt remorse. “I know you asked me not to…” His voice faded as he left that apology unfinished. He turned back to the sheriff. “I didn’t even tell Martha. I didn’t want her to know how much trouble the farm was in.”
Nice save.
“It doesn’t matter, how. He’s under arrest and he’s going to stay that way until the judge in Lawrence can see him tomorrow morning for his arraignment,” the sheriff said.

“Please, get me out of here!” Jimmy yelled from the back of the patrol car.
Oh no, how long are they going to keep him out there? frown
Martha nodded. “I put it in the back corner of his stall and covered it with wood shavings and manure. Trust me, nobody will come near it.”
Eww. But good plan
“You’re officially family now, so he’ll defend you to the death, whether you want him to or not.”
smile
“Oh, you’re in for a world of fun. I have some aloe in the house. You can have Lois rub your shoulder and sore muscles before bed,” Martha suggested. “Maybe give you a back massage.”

“In my dreams,” he murmured.
hehehe
“Anyway, this is probably the only chance I’ll get to see that handsome body of yours uncovered.”

“Maaaaa - rtha!” Clark gasped, his eyes wide.

She laughed. “I’m only joking, Jerome.” She nudged him with her hip. “Trust me, that uniform of yours doesn’t leave much to the imagination.”

Clark turned ten shades of red as he stammered to find a response and came up short.

“Don’t worry, honey. Isn’t that why you designed it that way? To keep people from looking at your handsome face,” she said, patting his cheek and turning towards Jonathan to tell him where they were off to.

Clark just stared at Martha Kent. That other Lois had said her Clark’s mom had made his suit for him. If so, was that her intent? Apparently so. He gulped. Sometimes moms should just be moms. When they acted like women, it was just too weird.
rotflol
Even though Sheriff Harris had remembered to recite to Jimmy his Miranda rights, for the most part, and handcuff him, the man had never taken the time to frisk him or even take away his camera bag. Bonehead. The man was the antithesis of smooth.
smile
“FBI. We’re taking over,” one of the men informed Jacobs.

Then the FBI went straight to work. The men scoured the yard, picking up weapons, chains, and even that bent piece of metal CK had wrapped around Trask, without using one evidence marker tag or having one guy photographing the scene. Jimmy knew something wasn’t right. They weren’t following crime scene procedure. One thing he had learned about the FBI, since starting working at the Daily Planet, they liked to follow the letter of the law more than the local cops did. They seemed to live for filling out paperwork.

It wasn’t until they cut off the ropes of the other prisoner, put some plastic bands around his wrists and pushed him into the backseat of the SUV that Jacobs started to protest.
That's not the FBI! It's probably Bureau 39!
“That’s bull tranquilizer, and I’ve got more where that came from,” Mrs. Kent called, reloading her gun. “Now, get off our property!”
laugh
“Okay, I’m starting to ramble, and you really should say something now. And don’t you even try that old excuse that you couldn’t get a word in edgewise.” She continued to rub his hand with her thumb.

Clark remained silent.
He's going to be asleep...
His eyes were closed and he was breathing deeply.

She pressed her lips together. “Good going there, Lane. Pour your heart out to the Great Snorini,” she grumbled.
Think of it as practice. Now you know what you want and don't want to say. smile

J
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
J
Lois heard Clark shout, felt him push her away, and saw him jump between her and Trask, like a human shield,
Will this remind her of another human shield?

She was angry with Clark for lying to her, true, but she didn’t want him to sacrifice himself to protect her.
Clark: smile1 she wants me to live.

She closed the short distance between them, tears dotting her lashes.
PR: Don't cry Lois, mere bullets can't kill Superman.

NR:They can when he has been infected by Kryptonite.

PR:Well, hopefully he has been removed from exposure long enough.

“Clark?” she whispered, a mere inches from his body.
smile1 smile1 smile1 Clark is alive. smile1 smile1 smile1

John Pack Lambert
J
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
J
Not that she had believed Trask’s ludicrous claim.
eek she thinks Trask's claim is ludicrous.

NR: Hah, hah, no one will believe you are SM.

PR: Well, at least Jimmy, Hank, Max and Thomas won;t be in on the secret as well.

Clark: Well, OK I guess it might be good that not everyone knows. grumble still, why does Lois have to find it ludicrous that I am SM.

Superman was invulnerable. Superman couldn’t be shot, let alone be bitten by mosquitoes.
Of course, who besides Superman would itch at their mosquito bites so much when they grew up on a farm.

Lois: More proof that Chuck lied. He obviously did not grow up on a farm.

Clark: Then how do I know so much about Smallville politicis?

Lois: huh Something is missing. I will tell you when I figure out.

He wouldn’t gag and throw up at the taste of sugar or chocolate. The idea was preposterous.
Clark: This is the real reason why SM can't go on a date with Lois. If he did and she sloppy him just after eating chocolate and he gagged, than that would just be bad.

John Pack Lambert
J
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
J
Lois wrapped her arms around Clark’s head, hugging him to her chest.
Clark: I like this. smile1 smile1 smile1 Well, if you say so.

“I’m usually better at it,” he said roughly. “Today was a bad day.”
NR: Joke reveals don't count, you have not yet said enough to properly pass the intimacy threshold.

Clark: I know. This was not a help than I can just put it off more.

PR: So what is your real point.

Clark: To speak the truth as often as possible. Now when Lois goes all crazy when she finally really figures out, I can say "but, wonderful one, I did tell you that I did better at not dieing on most days than the day Trask shot me. You just did not give me time to put in 'usually the bullets just bounce off me'."

Lois: Like I would have believed it, even if you said it.

Clark: See, being more truthful would have not helped.

Lois: wildguy wildguy I am still angry at you for lieing to me.

Clark: See, I have to wait to implement the plan. Soft truths, soft truths. laugh

John Pack Lambert
J
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
J
She wanted to slug him for teasing her at a time like this, so she did.
Clark: smile1 It is a friendly slug.

Lois: You won't say that after a few more.

“Ow! Ow! Ow! Not the shoulder,” he requested.
Lois: Hah, I was right.

Clark: You only slugged me once.

Lois: So clearly you would not say "friendly slug" after a second one. smile1

“Other shoulder,” he murmured.
Clark: smile1 smile1 I still figured a way to get her to touch me more. smile1 She is still touching me. dance

John Pack Lambert
J
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
J
It was a bit swollen and red, but it wasn’t bleeding. “Did you aggravate an old football injury?”
Clark: I never got injured this badly in football.

NR: What about when someone threw you the glowing green ball.

Clark: No glowing green balls in football.

Lois: Stop trying to pretend I don't know about sports. Is it an old tennis injury?

Clark: Why would I get injured in tennis if I don't get injured in football.

Lois: I got injured in tennis, I never got injured at a football game.

Clark: You never played in the football games, you were playing in the tennis games.

Lois: Hey, my uncle Mike got injured while a spectator at a soccer game in Italy. Anyway, tennis palls can be green, I think I once saw a glowing green one.

Clark: If we ever play tennis, no green balls on the court please.

“I’ll be okay,” Clark groaned in contrast to his words, and pulled his shirt closed with one hand.
Clark, let her give you hands-on treatment as long as she wants to.

“How about you? Lois, he didn’t… You’re bleeding.”
Clark: smile1 hyper She is hugging me.

PR: This is my favorite part of the story in a long time.

NR: Yes, I think I will leave.

PR: party

NR: Nah, I will stick around some more. A lunkhead like Clark will figure out some way to mess things up.

John Pack Lambert
J
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
J
She felt a jolt of longing pass through her body.
Clark: smile1 smile1

She had been furious at him earlier when she had found the real Clark Kent’s grave.
PR: So now he is a fake Clark. At least she did not call it "the right Clark's grave". smile1 for small victories.

NR: What is with you and small victories. There is no need to celebrate small victories in this part.

PR: I still will.

Had she forgiven him?
Clark: smile1

Reader: Yes, if Lois thinks she is too attracked to Clark, why is she getting closer to him while feeling overdone by it?

Clark: hyper because she really likes me.

so he couldn’t read her thoughts from her expression.
Clark: That is OK. I will just read her thoughts from body to body contact.

Lois Lane, you aren’t thinking with your head. It was just the adrenaline.
I did not know adrenaline caused attraction.

Everything pointed to him being Clark Kent, farmboy, only he wasn’t. At this moment, she only cared that Trask hadn’t killed him. She’d worry about the other stuff later.
hyper hyper Lois is learning to trust without knowing everything. This is a major victory.

John Pack Lambert
J
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
J
“That was before I became your partner,” he teased as if it were her fault.
smile1 hyper She is touching me.

Trask wanted Clark dead. It was okay in her book that Hank defended Clark by killing Trask. If she lived in this county, he’d have her vote for Sheriff.
Probably Marthan and Jonathan's votes as well. And the Irigs. And he probably could get lots of backing for his campaign fund from Mr. Lang. Hmm, I think Max will have a tough run for his money, even if the election is in a month. But since most elections are in even years, Hank probably has over a year to oust Max.

Thomas: I hope not. I don't think we can survive another year of Max's cruel rule.

“Why did he think you were Superman?” she asked.
This is the key question.

“He threatened to kill the Kents if I didn’t produce Superman. So, I told him that…” He took a deep breath. “I’m Superman,” Clark sheepishly admitted.
This is true, from a certain point of view. The only problem is that Trask did not believe just on Clark's words.

“And he believed you?” Lois scoffed. “How certifiable can one man be?”
The EW seems to want to drive home the fact that all of us who thought Clark could fix his problem by telling Lois the truth were wrong.

Of course, if Clark had told Lois "but Lois, it is the truth, I am Superman", she might keep that in her mind for future reference.

Clark stared at her, his jaw hanging open as if in astonishment. “You’re not… mad, Lois?”

“What? Mad? You thought I believed him?” Lois laughed. “Please. You two may both have brown hair, and brown eyes, and be roughly the height, Chuck, but so is Thomas, and Jimmy, and neither of them are Superman either.
But Thomas and Jimmy are not obsessed with Lois. And the similarities is Clark and SM's apparance go beyond that. I guess it just goes to show that people only see what they want to.

You and Superman are worlds apart.” Then realizing what she said, added, “Pun intended.” Mad? Why would she be angry?
Clark: Because I told someone else the truth before I told you.

“You’re right, Chuck, I am mad,” she announced, hitting his arm. “How could you have risked your life by telling that nutjob that you’re Superman? The last thing Superman would want is you dead because you impersonated him.”

Clark reached up and pushed a lock of her hair off her face. “You’re wro…” he started saying and then coughed. “Actually, the last thing Superman would want is you dead.”
Nice save Clark, you avoided going through with the w word. You were on very thin ice nearly telling Lois that.

Lois smiled.
Clark: dance dance dance I got Lois to smile.

Okay, he had a point there. “Superman wouldn’t want either of us dead, Clark,” she corrected his correction.
Clark: Lois, you don't get it.

Sheriff Harris marched back to them, still holding Thomas’s gun. “If you’re not Superman, then who are you?” he asked.

“Clark Kent,” Clark said again. This time with a sigh.
Clark: Well, I am about to have my cover blown.

“Clark’s my distant cousin,” Jonathan announced,
party Jonathan has given Clark a workable cover.

Now the question is, what will Lois do with this knowledge?

John Pack Lambert
J
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
J
“I asked him to help out at the farm after my accident. I figured if everyone in town thought he was a drifter named Jerome, he could come and go as he pleased without being the center of gossip. I didn’t want people to talk, which I knew they would if another Kent suddenly arrived in town.” He set a hand on his wife’s hand. “I’m sorry, Martha,” he said with heartfelt remorse. “I know you asked me not to…” His voice faded as he left that apology unfinished. He turned back to the sheriff. “I didn’t even tell Martha. I didn’t want her to know how much trouble the farm was in.”
Well, this will work for Hank, Thomas, Max and other locals. However I don't think it will answer Lois' questions at all.

Lois: Nope, it does not add up.

Jimmy: I believe it. It makes total sense.

So why won't Lois believe it? I have a few ideas.

The one that is sure is that Lois won't believe it. If this was true, than why did Clark make up that he was her husband? Why did he use the fake name with Jonathan and Martha?

If it were true, she might accept Clark is a common name in the Kent clan, and give up believing Clark stole the other Clark's identity. However, it just does not work well with Clark claiming to be her husband.

“You got ID?” Sheriff Harris asked Clark.

He nodded and pulled his wallet out of his back pocket. He handed the man his driver’s license and his press pass.
I guess it is good Clark stuck with his real name. Hopefully Max does not do a deep search on Clark's driver's license.

Sheriff Harris looked the documents over and handed them back. “Do you have a birth certificate?”
grumble I was just getting into the document collecting groove.

John Pack Lambert
J
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
J
but Clark remained sitting on the ground. He was tired. Between his two exposures to Kryptonite, being chained, Trask’s beating, and his emotional roller coaster ride day, he didn’t want to move.
So Clark is just plain tuckered out.

Clark: I am way beyond that point.

Moreover, he was currently in a bright sunny spot and he hoped the sun’s rays would help him towards a quicker recovery.
smile1

Clark: Not like that.

Reader: What do you mean "not like that"

Clark: Well, at least not like that now, I don;t have the energy for that.

Reader: So you really do want to share her bed like that.

Clark: help I plead the fifthed.

Personally, Clark wanted to sleep with Lois,
Reader: Hahd, hyper I knew I was right.

just sleep.
Reader: Likely story.

Clark: I don't have the energy for anything else.

Reader: What about in the morning.

Clark: cool

He didn’t have the energy at the moment for anything more.
He just needs to stay in the sun the rest of the day, then he will have the energy.

NR: I doubt it. Not enough day left.

He wanted to spend the night in her arms,
Lois: Not going to happen until he tells the truth.

Clark: Are you sure?

Lois: dance Lois warmth.

and gentle caresses,
Reader: What was that about just sleeping. Yeah right.

listening to her heartbeat lull him to sleep.
Hmm, without his superhearing this will require his ear being in very close proximity to her heart. This will require in turn very close proximity of his ear to her jest. "Just sleep" my right foot.

He wanted her close, so he wouldn’t lose any more sleep over her safety.
Likely story. He just wants her close, very close.

He knew the opportunity would never present itself, but he wanted it just the same.
Never say never Clark.

Just being close to her made him feel better.
Thus he should get up and go over by her.

John Pack Lambert
J
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
J
It was an uphill battle and one that kept getting more difficult to climb.
Reader: she has embraced you and shown almost no anger at you. So far we have made five steps forward and zero back. dance dance dance Clark and Lois are still on good terms. Better do dance before things fall apart again.

“Tell Jonathan he doesn’t need to lie for me,” Clark said, appreciating the back up just the same.
Martha: You want me to lie to my husband. Clark, someone needs to lie for you, you are horrible at it.

“You’re officially family now,
Clark: party I have a family.

John Pack Lambert
S
Merriwether
Merriwether
S
Lots happening here!

I love the way Clark explains his way out of this one:

“He threatened to kill the Kents if I didn’t produce Superman. So, I told him that…” He took a deep breath. “I’m Superman,” Clark sheepishly admitted.
Love to see Jimmy getting some action!

C'mon Lois, the clues are all there. Figure it out.

I thought Ferdinand was from the kid's book!

Joan

Pulitzer
Pulitzer
When Clark went to this dimension he thought there was no Clark Kent (it was what Wells told him). Now he knows that there's a dead Clark Kent. What does he think about it? help

Andreia

"My wife's love is what unites Krypton and Earth in my heart. Without it, without her, I truly would be in hell."

~ Superman: Man of Tomorrow #15
J
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
J
“Are you all right, Jerome?” Martha asked with concern. “I saw Lois checking your shoulder earlier.”
Why is she still calling him Jerome when he told everyone he was Clark?

Clark flushed. Just remembering Lois’s hands on his chest reminded him how much he wanted to kiss her,
Lois: Then why doesn't he.

Clark: Well you are still mad at me.

Lois: I would let you kiss me.

and how unlikely that would be.
No, I think she definantly will let him kiss her.

I have some aloe in the house. You can have Lois rub your shoulder and sore muscles before bed,” Martha suggested. “Maybe give you a back massage.”
smile1 hyper Martha is trying to hook Clark and Lois up. Hopefully Clark will be smart enough to listen to her suggestions.

“In my dreams,” he murmured.
Hmm, Clark is still too reluctant to follow his dreams.

“Just give her time. She’ll forgive you. She’s already half-way there,” Martha reassured him. “I can’t wait until she’s there. I’ve been wanting to talk to another woman about…” She paused and her voice broke. “ – my boy for almost thirty years.”
hyper Mother discipline to put Clark in line. Things are going to be much better for him now.

“Huh?” He pulled his gaze off Lois and looked up at her.
Clark: frown I have to stop looking at Lois. No fun.

“Then a bullet passed through your shirt under your arm here. There isn’t much blood, so I doubt it’s a deep wound; it may be even a flesh wound, but we should get you inside and dress it. If Lois sees that you’re hurt, she’ll want you to be checked by the EMTs when they arrive to pick up Wayne,” Martha said. She paused before adding, “Unless you want them to treat it?”
Better not. Lois learning the truth is one thing, the whole world learning the truth just cannot be.

“Don’t worry, honey. Isn’t that why you designed it that way?
Clark: No, but now I think that was Lois' intention.

Martha: Lois desgined your uniform?

Clark: Not this Lois. A Lois from a different universe.

Martha: dizzy

Clark just stared at Martha Kent. That other Lois had said her Clark’s mom had made his suit for him. If so, was that her intent? Apparently so.
Especially since this Martha is mainly the same as the other Martha, minus most of the interaction with Clark. Hmm, that only means they started the same, they may have developed differently at some points.

John Pack Lambert
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard