#90781 10/30/12 07:33 PM
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Trick or Treat?!?! (You decide!) wink

Battle On,
Deadly Chakram

"Being with you is stronger than me alone." ~ Clark Kent

"One little spark of inspiration is at the heart of all creation." ~ Figment the Dragon

Kerth
Kerth
Poor Tempus, really won't learn to leave well enough alone...

Marcus L. Rowland
Forgotten Futures, The Scientific Romance Role Playing Game
J
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
J
I am so glad Clark saved Lois in the Congo. I am just wondering, is Lois going to go public with the spectacular rescue? Does she know enough to suspect the friend is super?

It is so fun that Tempus's messing with things undermined the effectiveness of his plan to mess things up.

John Pack Lambert
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Originally posted by Marcus Rowland:
Poor Tempus, really won't learn to leave well enough alone...
Yup. He attempts to mess things up and it backfires. evil

Battle On,
Deadly Chakram

"One little spark of inspiration is at the heart of all creation." ~ Figment the Dragon

Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Originally posted by John Lambert:
I am so glad Clark saved Lois in the Congo. I am just wondering, is Lois going to go public with the spectacular rescue? Does she know enough to suspect the friend is super?

It is so fun that Tempus's messing with things undermined the effectiveness of his plan to mess things up.
Lois has *no* idea that her savior is super. There is no Superman in this universe. Clark never went public, knowing that to go public would attract Trask like a moth to a flame.

Gotta love the irony. Tempus messes with things and it just backfires right in his face... laugh

As for Lois, I'm sure she'll mention that her bacon was saved, but she doesn't know enough to really "out" Clark.

Battle On,
Deadly Chakram

Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Great part! Well written, well plotted, great characterization! Great edge of the seat tension. clap

VirginiaR.
"On the long road, take small steps." -- Jor-el, "The Foundling"
---
"clearly there is a lack of understanding between those two... he speaks Lunkheadanian and she Stubbornanian" -- chelo.
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Originally posted by VirginiaR:
Great part! Well written, well plotted, great characterization! Great edge of the seat tension. clap
Thanks, Virginia! Yep, we're all safe, snug, and dry here. I'm in Central CT, so we didn't get the flooding and stuff that southern CT and NY got. Some of my husband's co-workers lost/are still without power, but they are from all over the state. We got only a little rain and the occasional gust of wind here - nothing too bad. All the trees stayed put and we never lost power. We were very lucky. My parents were powerless for 27 1/2 hours, and my in-laws are still without it (so is 90% of of Long Island).

Glad you liked this part. I know it was a tease in letting Clark meet Lois for the second time withouth getting to actually know her. But, it *was* a lot of fun to write. More this weekend.

Battle On,
Deadly Chakram

S
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
S
Another great chapter, DC!

Gotta love the irony. Tempus messes with things and it just backfires right in his face.
Yes, we all love the irony! laugh

TEMPUS: Usually, I love irony, but not this time. I have to find another idea. wave

Sydney

Non ! non, c’est bien plus beau lorsque c’est inutile !
(Edmond Rostand)
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Originally posted by Sydney:
Another great chapter, DC!

Gotta love the irony. Tempus messes with things and it just backfires right in his face.
Yes, we all love the irony! laugh

TEMPUS: Usually, I love irony, but not this time. I have to find another idea. wave
laugh Glad you enjoyed it! Nope, this won't be the last we hear from Tempus... angel-devil

Battle On,
Deadly Chakram

Boards Chief Administrator
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Stupid. Stupid. Stupid.

The word echoed in Clark's brain as he hastily packed his few belongings in a well-worn suitcase. He had to leave this place, and fast.
Oh great. He got *another* girl knocked up and has to skip town before her father can track him down?

He looked around the small but comfortable cabin, nestled in the Canadian wilderness.
What did he do? Save Santa?

It had been close enough to the paper he'd been working for, though he had only been a free-lancer.
WHITE: So, Kent, is it? Huh. Tales of the Yukon beaver and his hard work of building dams. I’m sorry, son, but this is the Daily Planet, not the Dawson Gazette. We report real news, not some story on $crooge McDuck’s days at the Klondike.
*telephone rings*
WHITE: Yes. I see. I understand. But Mr. McD— No. Certainly, sir. Thank you. A good day to y— Huh. He hung up. Well. Looks like you got yourself the job, Mr. Kent.

But he'd steadily been working toward trying to convince his boss to take him on full time.
He’s never going to land a job at the Planet, is he?

Two men had burst into the bank, hooded and masked.
They actually have bank robbers in an out-of-the-way collection of houses in the middle of Nowhere, Nunavut? Actually, they have a *bank* in the middle of Nowhere?

They had demanded cash and threatened to shoot the hostages if their demands were not met.
Shouldn’t he be threatening to shoot the teller instead?

He typed out a fast letter of resignation, and sent it to his editor.
EDITOR: Good thing I didn’t give that Kent boy a permanent staff position. Those Southerners just can’t be trusted. Don’t have the stomach for the Wolfswood.

Clark frowned at that. It frustrated him sometimes, that modern technology still wasn't able to keep up with his speed.
/wonders how Clark would fare with one of the new touch devices evil

But, as soon as I'm finished, I can all but feel Trask on my trail."
/imagines Trask sitting all day in front of a search engine, collecting data, waiting for S to return into his sphere of influence/

"That may be, but we can't even be sure he's still alive," Jonathan pointed out. "Look at Pauly Overton. Forty years old and healthy as a horse. Bam. Dies of a stroke."
Yes, but Cam’s got a son. And a son who got his arm ripped off by S, for that matter.

Every time I make a rescue or help out in some small way, I wind up unable to sleep well for weeks.
Maybe he should start and see a shrink in Metropolis. I hear Dr. Friskin is quite good.

be it at a Papal Mass in Rome
/imagines Clark standing up and pointing at the Pope/ “Trask! There, in the middle, don’t you see him? He’s the *Pope*!”

or in the Louvre while admiring the paintings
Well, Cam did always have that enigmatic smile.

or on the streets of Tokyo.
The mascot of a donut shop?

Every minute, I'm expecting to see him jump out before me with a chuck of Kryptonite."
Bugga! Bugga! Bugga! [Linked Image]

Not until I figure out a way to either deal with my desire to help people without the fear of exposing myself for what I am,
How about wearing a skintight costume?

or find a way to squash down the instinct to help at all."

Martha raised a skeptical eyebrow. "You really think that's a possibility for you?"
Get engaged to Lana?

And none of them had yet felt like home.
Duh! They don’t have a Lois.

He'd even landed a full time position at one of the German papers.
He’s come a long way for a previously illiterate teenaged runaway.

Clark sighed as he wandered the halls of the Cairo museum. It was getting late. He checked his watch. Three fifty-two in the morning. His shift was nearly over.
/waits for him to be the only foreign guard during a museum heist in the Egyptian Museum of Antiquities/

Then he would go back to the tiny apartment he was renting, attempt to get an hour or two of sleep, then hit the streets looking for a story to write up, all the while hoping that the paper would agree to buy it from him.
“Museum heist at the Egyptian Museum”

Clark shuddered in the dark, moving away from the nameless body in the glass case.
Hey, maybe he gets lucky and his body will lose its invulnerability in death.

February 13, 2193
Oooooh!

When Tempus had left this universe, he had done so secure in the knowledge that he had won the battle.
Never leave important work to a minion you haven’t trained and vetted yourself?

They had the audacity to shoot him matching dirty looks.
To the happy-police with them!

The place where Clark Kent and Lois Lane had become engaged to be married. Now immortalized as a shrine to the Man of Steel and the woman he'd bound his life to.
Ooooh! /snaps picture/

, and their half-breed mongrel children.
[Linked Image] [Linked Image] [Linked Image] [Linked Image] ?

Somehow, he'd still managed to find Lois in this universe. And whenever that happened, Utopia was an inevitability.
laugh

He needed a new plan. He had to find some way of preventing those two from linking up.
Maybe if he shot Lois in the head and upper chest area several times from close range using a big caliber gun before dumping her body into a vat filled with steaming hydrochloric acid?

He thought carefully over his college Lane History classes.
laugh

Smiling to himself, he put his back to the statue and swiftly left the area. He had preparations to make.
Oh dear. And just when we…

February 16, 1993
…only got three more months to go! Wait, that’s when Lois gets kind of lost in the Congo, isn’t it? Luckily, Clark might still be in Africa!

"Perry!" Lois Lane cried, rushing through the bullpen of the Daily Planet.
So, we get to see her taking off to the Congo?

"Here's the stories on the bank robbery, the rash of car thefts, and yes, even the opening of the Lexor.
Wait… She investigating Clark?

Can we talk in your office?"
No, it’s the Congo after all.

"Perry, this is bigger than your trip to Graceland," Lois said, smiling as though she knew a secret that he didn't.

"Easy for you to say," Perry huffed.
Well…it’s not *her* anniversary of meeting Pres. Presley.

"Gunrunning."
/ticks off checkbox/

"Bobby Bigmouth. He got it from someone in the government. Weird name. What was it? Tampos? Timpas? Anyway, it doesn't matter."
cat

"I want to go over there, Perry. I want to be the one to crack this story open."
Translation: Please! I so want to die a horrible death in a foreign country.

Especially for someone like you. Young, attractive, American, and female."
[Linked Image]

And if you think I'm about to share it with anyone, you can forget it right now."
So, how about a couple of bodyguards instead?

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, our favorite show, life, and more! (It’s almost like the IRC days of old again!)

I go by Michael on the Archives.
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
February 20, 1993

Clark Kent sat at the sagging, shabby bar in the hotel he was staying at.
Ooooooh!

And somehow, that had led him to the Congo.
Some call it fate. Like that time in the football field. Other’s think it’s Herb tripping in him up in Borneo.

Stupid, he chided himself.
No, he’s just biding his time till Lois checks in.

He was about to stand and leave when his hearing picked up two voices speaking toward the back of the room. They were talking in hushed whispers,
Oh dear. Are they discussing what to do with the hot dame they caught in the street earlier?

but what had jarred his attention was the fact that one of them, the female, sounded oddly familiar to him.
hyper

Had fate crossed their paths again?
[Linked Image] Either that or she’s a clone. Or her younger sister.

In fact, I should go home and clear off some space on my shelf for all the awards I'll win for reporting that nothing is happening here."
How about ‘Female reporter vanishes in the Congo’? What, that’s even less of a news?

"I'm a reporter," Lois argued back, though her voice did drop a little lower. "Danger is part of my job description."
[Linked Image] This is Black Africa. The crooks are a little less refined than back home.

Karl chuckled a little. "Miss Lane, do you have any idea what would happen to a woman like you if the smugglers got wind of you on their trail?"
wave Michael

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, our favorite show, life, and more! (It’s almost like the IRC days of old again!)

Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Oooh! Double feedback!

Oh great. He got *another* girl knocked up and has to skip town before her father can track him down?
Clark: Damn alien DNA!

What did he do? Save Santa?
Sure. And as an added bonus, he now gets double the gifts every year.

WHITE: So, Kent, is it? Huh. Tales of the Yukon beaver and his hard work of building dams. I’m sorry, son, but this is the Daily Planet, not the Dawson Gazette. We report real news, not some story on $crooge McDuck’s days at the Klondike.
*telephone rings*
WHITE: Yes. I see. I understand. But Mr. McD— No. Certainly, sir. Thank you. A good day to y— Huh. He hung up. Well. Looks like you got yourself the job, Mr. Kent.
clap

Yes, but Cam’s got a son. And a son who got his arm ripped off by S, for that matter.
laugh

Maybe he should start and see a shrink in Metropolis. I hear Dr. Friskin is quite good.
I hear sometimes red K shows up in her office. That seems to have a calming effect. Occasionally.

/imagines Clark standing up and pointing at the Pope/ “Trask! There, in the middle, don’t you see him? He’s the *Pope*!”
rotflol

Well, Cam did always have that enigmatic smile.
rotflol

The mascot of a donut shop?
In a schoolgirl outfit with odd colored hair?

Get engaged to Lana?
Clark: Suddenly, the idea of flying around in Spandex sounds awesome.

Duh! They don’t have a Lois.
<nods>

He’s come a long way for a previously illiterate teenaged runaway.
He really has! <pats Clark on the head>

/waits for him to be the only foreign guard during a museum heist in the Egyptian Museum of Antiquities/
Oops!

Hey, maybe he gets lucky and his body will lose its invulnerability in death.
So...hooray for decay?

Never leave important work to a minion you haven’t trained and vetted yourself?
<nods>

To the happy-police with them!
Passersby: eek Noooooooooooooooooooooooooo!

Maybe if he shot Lois in the head and upper chest area several times from close range using a big caliber gun before dumping her body into a vat filled with steaming hydrochloric acid?
Tempus! Stop taking notes!

…only got three more months to go! Wait, that’s when Lois gets kind of lost in the Congo, isn’t it? Luckily, Clark might still be in Africa!
Maaaaaaybe!

So, we get to see her taking off to the Congo?
Kinda sorta?

Wait… She investigating Clark?
Nope. No Superman in this universe yet.

No, it’s the Congo after all.
<nods>

Well…it’s not *her* anniversary of meeting Pres. Presley.
rotflol

Translation: Please! I so want to die a horrible death in a foreign country.
Perry: Well, when you put it that way...

So, how about a couple of bodyguards instead?
How about one unseen, really good looking one?

Battle On,
Deadly Chakram

Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Afraid to break the smilie limit...

Some call it fate. Like that time in the football field. Other’s think it’s Herb tripping in him up in Borneo.
No Herb in this tale. laugh

No, he’s just biding his time till Lois checks in.
Clark: <drumming fingers on the bar> Damn slow planes!

Oh dear. Are they discussing what to do with the hot dame they caught in the street earlier?
clap

Either that or she’s a clone. Or her younger sister.
Clark! Quite! Scan her luggage for frogs!

How about ‘Female reporter vanishes in the Congo’? What, that’s even less of a news?
clap huh

Duh! To Metropolis?
<best Buzz Lightyear voice> To Metropolis....and beyond!

She could so have used nookie to satisfy herself that nihgt.
Clark: [Linked Image]

Battle On,
Deadly Chakram

Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Oooh! Double feedback!
blush

Sure. And as an added bonus, he now gets double the gifts every year.
Duh! Once for Clark, who was a kinda okay boy. And once for Superman, who was just such a good boy.

Sure, why not?
Lot of hassle. Little money. Possibly lots of guns.

Clark: <huddled in a corner, mumbling> Can't sleep, the white walkers will get me.
wave Michael

Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Duh! Once for Clark, who was a kinda okay boy. And once for Superman, who was just such a good boy.
Clark: Lois is going to be *so* jealous!

Lot of hassle. Little money. Possibly lots of guns.
Robbers: But we were *bored!*

Lion is creepy yet kinda cute.

It’s got to be good for something. So long as he doesn’t start to smell bad after a couple of days of lying in state.
Well, they can't mummify him, just in case someone throws a curse on him so that he'll rise from his tomb in 3,000 years to destroy the world.

Maybe if he got up there and pushed?
<Passangers aboard are thereby vaporized>

You mean, like making sure your nice, sharp Valyrian steel is right there with you when it starts to snow and the cold winds are rising?
And keep a fire burning. I hear White Walkers are fire-shy.

Battle On,
Deadly Chakram

J
Merriwether
Merriwether
J
Another great part. Glad Clark saved Lois. Gotta love it when Tempus' plans backfire. Off to read the next part.

Superman: I hear you've been looking for me.
Lois: All my life.
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Originally posted by jackiek:
Another great part. Glad Clark saved Lois. Gotta love it when Tempus' plans backfire. Off to read the next part.
He had to save her. Otherwise, who would he wind up with? Lana? wink Glad you are having fun reading!

Battle On,
Deadly Chakram

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard