Lois & Clark Fanfic Message Boards
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#90691 10/27/12 06:02 PM
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
I will attempt to make my usual Wednesday post this week. However, I *am* in the path of Hurricane Sandy, so there is a chance of losing power and/or my phone/internet/cable.

Battle On,
Deadly Chakram

"Being with you is stronger than me alone." ~ Clark Kent

"One little spark of inspiration is at the heart of all creation." ~ Figment the Dragon

Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Well, then, I better get my FDK in early enough for you to read it. wink

smile1 Clark made his first save! Earned his first fan. I wonder who this little girl will turn out to be? Hmmm. Probably nobody. I feel for the little girl to have witnessed something so amazing and not have anyone believe her. mecry I can understand Clark's fear for his parents (more than himself). Trask was an evil, evil man, best not lead him back home, if its not necessary.

Another hug for Clark, setting off on his own to hide and travel the world. Let's hope he thinks to send unsolicited articles to the Daily Planet, so that when he arrives to be swept off his feet by Lois... er... interview with Perry, he won't be sent his papers.

I wonder too if Lois will remember meeting him all those years before. I'm thinking, not. Poor Clark, that will make his heartache at the reunion all the more painful, that he was so utterly forgettable (no matter, if that's who has always tried to be, so not to attracts B39's attention).

Let's hope that the storms decide to turn East and we'll get another part (and you some sunny skies) come Wednesday!

VirginiaR.
"On the long road, take small steps." -- Jor-el, "The Foundling"
---
"clearly there is a lack of understanding between those two... he speaks Lunkheadanian and she Stubbornanian" -- chelo.
Kerth
Kerth
This is a nice AU so far - good to see Clark not too traumatised by his experiences, meeting Lois, etc. Just hope that the sports thing doesn't end badly or lead to Trask finding him.

CSI, Bones and NCIS have all shown software that works out a child's appearance as an adult. While this would be a LOT less sophisticated back then, I wonder if Trask will think of using it.

Marcus L. Rowland
Forgotten Futures, The Scientific Romance Role Playing Game
J
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
J
I was expecting Lois to be doing an interview to try and figure out how Clark was so super good at football, but I guess not. I hope we get to see her more soon.

John Pack Lambert
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Hi, Virginia!

Well, then, I better get my FDK in early enough for you to read it.
Oooh! Shiny feedback!

Clark met Lois! And just like Clark he concentrated all his attention on her, he didn't remember anything else. Let's hope those "good quotes" weren't just a bunch of garbly-gook while he drooled down his chin at her. "You, pretty." Nah, DC wouldn't do that to Clark. Torture him, shoot at him, have him raised by a Trask, perhaps, but she's not THAT evil.
Erm, you haven't read my later chapters yet. You *may* retract that statement. Yes, Clark goes all googly upon meeting Lois, doesn't he? laugh

I wonder what our dear Lois thought of the meeting. Did she wonder how this nobody from Kansas was able to cheat at football to break a third record? Too bad he didn't follow up to see what Met U's article had said about him.
Who says he didn't? wink

I'm glad he's decided to slowly withdraw from football fame and concentrate on his true passion, Lois.... er... sorry, journalism. But he knew where his scholorship bread was buttered.
<nods> Also, backing out of sports helps maintain the disguise of "normal person, nothing to see here."

The globe! This makes sense that because he had more contact with the globe it would reveal its messages to him at an earlier time and date.

Yes, the globe is really good at not saying quite enough, isn't it, Clark?
Since it was attuned to him, I think Clark was right on the show that it just needed some time to "warm up" before it revealed the messages. Yes, the globe could have left a little more detail. Then again, Jor-El *was* rushed. He should have left it for Lara to leave the messages - women are much better at that stuff sometimes. wink

Yea! Clark made his first save! Earned his first fan. I wonder who this little girl will turn out to be? Hmmm. Probably nobody. I feel for the little girl to have witnessed something so amazing and not have anyone believe her. I can understand Clark's fear for his parents (more than himself). Trask was an evil, evil man, best not lead him back home, if its not necessary.
Kid is a nobody. Poor kid, getting in trouble for telling the truth.

And now, Clark is becoming a globe-trotter, just like in canon! Yay! Or...boooooo, for what it means for him.

Another hug for Clark, setting off on his own to hide and travel the world. Let's hope he thinks to send unsolicited articles to the Daily Planet, so that when he arrives to be swept off his feet by Lois... er... interview with Perry, he won't be sent his papers.
<whistles innocently>

I wonder too if Lois will remember meeting him all those years before. I'm thinking, not. Poor Clark, that will make his heartache at the reunion all the more painful, that he was so utterly forgettable (no matter, if that's who has always tried to be, so not to attracts B39's attention).
You'll see. I can't say too much without giving away the farm, so to speak.

Let's hope that the storms decide to turn East and we'll get another part (and you some sunny skies) come Wednesday!
Thanks, me too. We weathered last August's hurricane perfectly but last October's snow blacked out my area for 4 days. So it's up in the air, how we'll come through this one.

Battle On,
Deadly Chakram

"One little spark of inspiration is at the heart of all creation." ~ Figment the Dragon

Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Originally posted by Marcus Rowland:
This is a nice AU so far - good to see Clark not too traumatised by his experiences, meeting Lois, etc. Just hope that the sports thing doesn't end badly or lead to Trask finding him.

CSI, Bones and NCIS have all shown software that works out a child's appearance as an adult. While this would be a LOT less sophisticated back then, I wonder if Trask will think of using it.
Thanks, I appreciate the kind words. I was thinking that maybe the technology might not be as good back then. And perhaps harder to get a hold of. Trask isn't exactly a legit guy. wink

As for tracking Clark, I will answer that...

Battle On,
Deadly Chakram

Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Originally posted by John Lambert:
I was expecting Lois to be doing an interview to try and figure out how Clark was so super good at football, but I guess not. I hope we get to see her more soon.
Well, she might have asked, but Clark's mind was a little hazy at the time. wink Lois will be back in the next chapter, but perhaps not quite in the expected way...

Battle On,
Deadly Chakram

Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Originally posted by Deadly Chakram:
[b] I was expecting Lois to be doing an interview to try and figure out how Clark was so super good at football, but I guess not. I hope we get to see her more soon.
Well, she might have asked, but Clark's mind was a little hazy at the time. wink [/b]
LOIS: So, Clark, how were you able to break your third record in as many years playing football.

CLARK: drool Um... er... might... ah... oh... have... something to do with... you're pretty...

LOIS: Thank you, Clark. <Typical jock> Football? Record? How'd you break it?

CLARK: I have a hard head.

LOIS: <<tries not to bury face in hand>> Yes, I can see that. The record... out on the field?

CLARK: Oh, that, I'm from another planet... Can we go out sometime?

LOIS: <Yeah, right, buddy> Did you get checked out by the team doctor after that last hit? It seemed like a hard one.

CLARK: Nah, like I said, I've got a hard head. <<knocks head with knuckles>>

LOIS: Uh-huh. Kansas, huh? Well, that explains a lot.

CLARK: Don't worry about the distance. I'll fly out to Metropolis. Just name the time and date and I'll be there.

LOIS: Yeah. No, I've got plans.

CLARK: Oh. Plans. Right. I've heard of those. Those are fun. Wait, I never said where or when.

LOIS: Yeah, those plans they keep me pretty busy. My schedule is never pat. Can't make dates.

CLARK: That's too bad. Maybe some other time, when your plans settle down.

LOIS: <I plan on having a Pulitzer by then, bub> I'll call you.

CLARK: <<Brightens>> Great! wave Wait! You don't have my phone number. It's 555-Good-Guy.

LOIS: <<Walks away faster, ignoring him.>>

*** And Scene ***

Sorry, I got carried away. How close did I get?

VirginiaR.
---
"clearly there is a lack of understanding between those two... he speaks Lunkheadanian and she Stubbornanian" -- chelo.
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Originally posted by VirginiaR:
Originally posted by Deadly Chakram:
[b]
[b] I was expecting Lois to be doing an interview to try and figure out how Clark was so super good at football, but I guess not. I hope we get to see her more soon.
Well, she might have asked, but Clark's mind was a little hazy at the time. wink [/b]
LOIS: So, Clark, how were you able to break your third record in as many years playing football.

CLARK: drool Um... er... might... ah... oh... have... something to do with... you're pretty...

LOIS: Thank you, Clark. <Typical jock> Football? Record? How'd you break it?

CLARK: I have a hard head.

LOIS: <<tries not to bury face in hand>> Yes, I can see that. The record... out on the field?

CLARK: Oh, that, I'm from another planet... Can we go out sometime?

LOIS: <Yeah, right, buddy> Did you get checked out by the team doctor after that last hit? It seemed like a hard one.

CLARK: Nah, like I said, I've got a hard head. <<knocks head with knuckles>>

LOIS: Uh-huh. Kansas, huh? Well, that explains a lot.

CLARK: Don't worry about the distance. I'll fly out to Metropolis. Just name the time and date and I'll be there.

LOIS: Yeah. No, I've got plans.

CLARK: Oh. Plans. Right. I've heard of those. Those are fun. Wait, I never said where or when.

LOIS: Yeah, those plans they keep me pretty busy. My schedule is never pat. Can't make dates.

CLARK: That's too bad. Maybe some other time, when your plans settle down.

LOIS: <I plan on having a Pulitzer by then, bub> I'll call you.

CLARK: <<Brightens>> Great! wave Wait! You don't have my phone number. It's 555-Good-Guy.

LOIS: <<Walks away faster, ignoring him.>>

*** And Scene ***

Sorry, I got carried away. How close did I get? [/b]
rotflol rotflol rotflol rotflol

<gasps for breath>

rotflol rotflol rotflol rotflol

I would imagine that could be very close!!!

Battle On,
Deadly Chakram

S
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
S
Hi DC,

His parents had flown into Metropolis for the game.
Metropolis? It's time to meet Lois...

"Excuse me!" a young woman's voice cried out, as Clark made his way across the field.
Lois?

Before him stood the most beautiful girl he'd ever seen. She had long brown hair that tumbled down her back and shimmered in the late afternoon sunlight. And her eyes! Clark felt that he could get lost in those twin chocolate pools. He could drown in them, and die a happy man for it
Of course, it's Lois!

"Cindy, stop making up stories," her mother had chided
Cindy? I'm not sure, but I think that the name of Lois'cousin is Cindy....

"I need to leave,"
For Borneo? Or Metropolis?

wave

Sydney

Non ! non, c’est bien plus beau lorsque c’est inutile !
(Edmond Rostand)
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Metropolis? It's time to meet Lois...
<nods> Yeppers!

Of course, it's Lois!
Who else would it be? evil

Battle On,
Deadly Chakram

Boards Chief Administrator
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
"Kent, you are a damn machine!"

Clark snorted a laugh. "Thanks, Willy." He clasped his friend and roommate on the shoulder.
So, Clark managed to make 6 girls happy in one night?

"No, seriously, man, that was some incredible football playing. What's your secret?"
Right. Duh!

"A good day?" Willy Thompson said, snorting in disbelief.
hyper

"Excuse me!" a young woman's voice cried out, as Clark made his way across the field.
/jumps up and down in excitement/
Linda!

Clark heard the rush of footsteps behind him. A moment later, a hand tapped him on the shoulder. He stopped and turned.

His heart stopped along with his feet.
laugh

But her crisp suit and ready pad of paper told him she was there to interview him, not because she found him attractive.
Hey, it could be both. Although, it doesn’t bode well that she didn’t show up *inside* the locker room to interview him while he was still taking his shower.

"Lois Lane. Reporter for the Metropolis University paper. I'd like to interview you, if you don't mind."
Awwwww, how polite young Lolo is.

The usual sports writer had to go home this weekend to attend his brother's wedding."
Kegger at the bachelor party?

"I see," Clark said, sitting down and setting his gym bag aside. "Well, I'm an open book. Ask me anything."

"Thanks," Lois said, turning her attention to the list of questions she had with her.

"No problem."
LOIS: So, how does it feel to be an alien with superpowers?

Or maybe, Clark thought with a sigh, she had a boyfriend who played. He didn't know why, but that idea made him a little sad.
/raises hand/ Does it also count if that thought makes readers sick?

He'd only just met her. It wasn't like he had any right to feel jealous if she did have a boyfriend.
Hey, he could always start to stalk her or stuff.

By the end of the interview, Clark was certain of only one thing.

He was in love with Lois Lane.
[Linked Image]

Groggily, he realized he only had a few more hours of sleep ahead of him before he'd be expected to show up for work at the Smallville Post
confused

Light spilled out from beneath the lid, so intensely bright and white that Clark had to squint.
Oooooh!

Clark was stunned. Who was this man?
One half of his genetic sample.

Suitable? For what? Clark wondered.
Dumping a baby in preparation of an alien invasion.

But he knew that those chunks of stone were pieces of Kryptonite, the only substance he'd ever encountered that could cause him pain and make him vulnerable.
/waits for him to get to know Lois much better/

Clark shook his head. "No, Dad. I really screwed up this time."
What did he do *now*? Gotten Lana pregnant?

"She's five, Clark," Martha put in. "Do you think anyone is really going to put any stock in what she has to say?"
[…]
"But really, if we laughed it off as impossible, who would believe what the girl might say?
Not now. But what happens in a couple of years after extensive therapy, when Superman goes public and the girl’s parents sue?

"That's all it would be. A rumor," Martha insisted. "All we'd have to do is deny it, pretend we have no idea what people are talking about."

"You mean lie."
[Linked Image]

"What it is, Cindy?" the woman had asked, shading her eyes and squinting against the falling snow.

"There was a man."
wave Michael

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, our favorite show, life, and more! (It’s almost like the IRC days of old again!)

I go by Michael on the Archives.
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
So, Clark managed to make 6 girls happy in one night?
<Almost chokes on very hot tea>

As in George Thompson? Oh dear.
Who? Is that a sports reference? I don't follow sports. I run screaming in the opposite direction.

So, no spying on the girlfriend chatting about her next X-mas wishlist?
Nope. He's a good boy.

Rrrrrrright! Which is why he’s scoring all those records.
Clark: Accidently doesn't count!

/eyes S-turn up ahead on the road/
<Clark turns and runs, making "Meep Meep!" roadrunner noises>

/jumps up and down in excitement/
Linda!
drool

So, only enough clean clothes for a week or so?
Hehehe! That should make traveling easy!

/suggests Metropolis/ I hear they have a fine newspaper there. And the Metropolis Star.
And a lifetime supply of bad guys/psychos to thwart.

Clark: SOLD!

Finally. He so needs to find himself a Lois.
<nods>

Battle On,
Deadly Chakram

Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Michael: As in George Thompson? Oh dear.

DC: Who? Is that a sports reference? I don't follow sports. I run screaming in the opposite direction.
George Thompson is the Ombudsman that Trask kills in "Strange Visitor".

VirginiaR.
---
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Originally posted by VirginiaR:
Michael: As in George Thompson? Oh dear.

DC: Who? Is that a sports reference? I don't follow sports. I run screaming in the opposite direction.
George Thompson is the Ombudsman that Trask kills in "Strange Visitor".
Oooooooh! Right! Thanks! As Tempus would say: "Duh!" laugh

Battle On,
Deadly Chakram

Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
<Almost chokes on very hot tea>
Oops? Did you miss the standing warning label?

quote: So, no spying on the girlfriend chatting about her next X-mas wishlist?

Nope. He's a good boy.
No wonder he gets to be a very patient man.

Clark: Accidently doesn't count!
Right. Like accidently watching the inside of the girls changing room in highschool.

<Clark turns and runs, making "Meep Meep!" roadrunner noises>
wave

quote: What did he do *now*? Gotten Lana pregnant?

Clark: <decides to disavow any knowledge, carnal or otherwise, of the homecoming queen>
laugh

Quick, Clark! Find them all! Memory wipe kiss...deploy!!!
LOIS: On no you won’t. [Linked Image]

Lois: Sit. Stay. Good boy.
Clark: [Drool]
wave Michael

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, our favorite show, life, and more! (It’s almost like the IRC days of old again!)

I go by Michael on the Archives.
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Oops? Did you miss the standing warning label?
Yeah, seems I did.

No wonder he gets to be a very patient man.
Clark: help

I hear they have a Lois there.
Only sometimes. wink

Kal-El: Great, daddy was a nerd.
Jor-El: I prefer scientist!

Battle On,
Deadly Chakram

J
Merriwether
Merriwether
J
He meets and falls in love with Lois, finds out more about himself through the globe and now he's leaving home? Wow, tons packed into this one. Loving this story.

Superman: I hear you've been looking for me.
Lois: All my life.
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Originally posted by jackiek:
He meets and falls in love with Lois, finds out more about himself through the globe and now he's leaving home? Wow, tons packed into this one. Loving this story.
Thank you! Actually, the first meeting of several. But he's Clark, so he falls for her the second he meets her. wink And leaving home...well...it's not the worst thing in the world for Clark. Actually, it proves to be a little...helpful. wink

Battle On,
Deadly Chakram

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard