Page 1 of 2 1 2
#90655 10/26/12 08:20 PM
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Wrong Place, Wrong Time, Wrong Clark TOC can be found Here

Did I mention how much I like cliffies? angel-devil

Comments appreciated.

I just realized that maybe I should have included a WHAM warning with this part. If you think I need to add it <for my other readers>, for Wayne Irig being shot, please let me know, and I'll add it to my old WHAM warning. Although, frankly, I should go back and look at it, since I don't think I've taken a look at it since I first started posting this story. Hmmmmm. blush

Later... Nah, it still works. <phew>

Last edited by VirginiaR; 05/19/14 03:19 PM. Reason: Fixed broken Links

VirginiaR.
"On the long road, take small steps." -- Jor-el, "The Foundling"
---
"clearly there is a lack of understanding between those two... he speaks Lunkheadanian and she Stubbornanian" -- chelo.
S
Merriwether
Merriwether
S
This was so sweet:

They were virtual strangers, and yet, with his voice he was telling them he did care and cared a lot. Bless his heart; for a man whose secret identity depended on his lying, he really couldn’t lie worth a cup of beans.
This time Martha’s scream got lost in the explosion.
thud

Isn't Lana a piece of work?

“Don’t go, Hank,” she insisted. “Walt died ten years ago and his death has caused us nothing but trouble. We don’t owe the Irigs anything. What if you got hurt? You can’t go off on this fool’s errand, Hank; you’ve got a family of your own to protect.”
Boy does this sound like Lois:

“Assistance, not backup,”
Don't leave us in suspense too long!

Joan

C
Top Banana
Top Banana
C
Whoa, didn't see that rock coming out of nowhere. Just can't win for losing, can he?

CLARK: No. I'm just worried I'm a jinx.
JONATHAN: A jinx?
CLARK: Yeah. Let's face it, ever since she's known me, Lois's been kidnapped, frozen, pushed off buildings, almost stabbed, poisoned, buried alive and who knows what else, and it's all because of me.
-"Contact" (You're not her jinx, you're her blessing.)
J
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
J
Wayne stumble into view from around the edge of the barn.

“Martha!” he gasped. “Martha!”
clap Wayne has made it to safety.

Thomas?” he mumbled.
The first thing on his mind is his son?

“No, Martha,” Wayne insisted. “The rock. Did Thomas bring you the rock? There’s men at my place, looking for it. Bad men.”
Martha: No, good men have held you prisoner for four days. Oh course they are bad men.

“Thomas told us. The rock is well hidden.
We can only hope.

“I’ve got to catch my breath,” he said, leaning up against the tool shed.
Clark:The bad guys our on their way. You had better run and hide.

Jonathan rolled out onto the back porch. “Time’s a wasting, you two. Get inside!”
Clark: At least someone has the fight idea.

Before she could answer, an army truck and a white van came barreling down the access road. The van stopped next to them, but the truck continued on to the house. Four men jumped out,
Is this from the van, the truck, or both?

“Trask, I told you. That’s all there was. I sent the entire sample to the lab,” Wayne replied. “Just leave us alone.”
Why exactly is Trask so convinced there is more than just the sample? I guess the minimum explanation might be he is a crazy fanatic, who likes kidnapping and killing people, so he might not believe there is more, but just hopes there is more.

“I’m willing to do a trade. You give me the green rock…”
At first I was expecting a trade of Clark for the rock.

“Mr. Kent, I presume? I was just explaining to the missus that I’m willing to set you all free in exchange for that rock Mr. Irig, here, asked you to hold for him.”
Jonathan: Wayne never asked me to hold anything for him. I havn't seen or talked to Wayne since before you so rudely barged onto his property.

and they both knew that Trask was lying to them. He would never set them free.
Clark: Trask is the type of devil you can't deal with. He always lies.

The soldier gritted his teeth. “A box perhaps?”
Jonathan: Oh, you mean what he gave us the Christmans presents in three years ago. I think I burned that box a few falls ago in a nice big bonfire. You can find the ash down by the creek.

“Uh-huh.” Trask considered their denials. “Okay. What if I told you that I have your son in the back of my van there? Would you give me the rock to spare his life?”
Jonathan: We have no son.

Her fingernails bit into Jonathan’s shoulder. Did he mean Jerome?
Clark:Don't listen to him at all. He is evil, and will not bargain fairly.

Thomas had said that Jerome had been captured.
Thomas:Why would Trask think Jerome Lane is Jonathan and MArtha's son?

Did this man already have Superman under his control and didn’t even know it?
Clark: Fortunantly, yes. Well, at least the last part, the first part is not good.

Or did he know?
Positive Reader: Trask knows nothing.

Did he know that the green rock had taken away Jerome’s powers, and wanted it to finish the job?
Negative Reader: No he just suspects the rock can be used to kill Superman. Not knowing it can kill Clark will not prevent him from killing Clark with it.

He must not know that Jerome was currently vulnerable.
Is this Martha thinking "he must not realize that Jerome is vulnerable" or her thinking "we need to keep Trask from learning that Jerome has been hurt by a glowing rock"?

On the other hand, did the fool actually think that Jerome was just Clark Kent, reporter for the Daily Planet, and their son?
Clark: That is what he thinks. The first half is also what Lois thinkings.

Lois: No, I don;t think you are "just" Clark Kent. I know you are not Clark Kent at all.

Wayne’s brow furrowed. “The Kents don’t have a son.”
Jonathan: Don;t rub it in.

Martha wanted to elbow him to shut up, but Wayne wouldn’t understand.
NR: Elbow him anyway. It is good to release stress.

Trask pondered this. “He looks a bit brawny for a daughter.”
clap

“So, you’re telling me that I can just go to this van and open it up.” The man did as he said. “Pull out my gun...” He pulled out his pistol and cocked it. “— and shoot him, and you wouldn’t care?” He lifted his gun and pointed towards the inside of the van.
Jonathan: I would care. I am a kind caring man. I don;t like people gettingb killed, even when they are not my children.

“Wait!” Martha caved first. “How do we know you have anyone in the back of the van at all?”
Good question. Always force your enemy to show his hand.

Oh, if their Clark had survived, would they have had a son as wonderful as Jerome?
Lois: Probably a better son. He would not be a lieing, double-crossing, no-good-nic.

Clark: When have I ever double crossed you?

Lois: See you admit you lie.

Would he have been kind, generous, and as helpful as Jerome was,
PR: At least as much so.

Clark: I really try.

NR: You let Lois getting shot cause you to give up on helping others.

Clark: Without Lois, there is no point. I could not go off and leave her unprotected at that critical time.

with a dry sense of humor, and a good heart, who still needed her advice after all these years?
Clark: I need your advice too, I just don't know a good way to ask.

Would he have called her ‘Mom’ and loved her as she would have loved him?
NR: Yes, he would have.

PR: Why are you saying that.

NR: To rub salt in her wounds.

PR: Get out.

If she and Jonathan had been blessed with a son of their own, even a human son, she would have been the happiest woman in Lawrence County.
Fate is so cruel. So many who have children don't want them, and so many who want children don't have them.

But to have had a son equal to Jerome, her heart doubled in size, she would gladly take any such orphan in under her wing, no matter the risks. Even if it meant risking her own life to save his.
PR: Lookie here. We have a Martha with no son and a Clark with no Mom.

“Let them go, Trask. They have nothing to do with me. We’re not related,” said Jerome’s voice from the back of the van.
NR:I hope he does not hurt their feelings.

PR:He is trying to save them. Anyway, we already told you to leave.

Relief flooded her. Jerome was still alive.
Clark:I have never had anyone be so glad to hear me deny relation to them before.

PR: That is because you have not dealt with a Lois who thought you might be her long lost cousin and then you got to tell her "we are not related".

“It would have to be a pretty big coincidence that the very same reporters who first interviewed Superman in Metropolis end up here, in Smallville, Kansas – of all places – at the very same time I do. The same small town where Superman’s spaceship landed back in 1966,” Trask said.
Hmm, is Trask a total idiot? He has proof that Superman has been her for 27+ years (at least that is what he surmisez it to be) and that Superman came here as an infant. Thus he must have been raised among us. Why does he not go for the obvious "CK=SM" a lot earlier?

Martha glanced at Jonathan with wide eyes. How did he know that?
He has SM's ship.

Was he part of the same group of men who came and asked them questions about the Russian satellite that week after they had found their Clark?
Of course he is.

Jonathan had said that he had destroyed the spaceship, burned it up and hauled it to the dump, so any germs that might have killed the child would harm no one in Smallville. Her wide eyes narrowed on her husband’s face.
Jonathan lied to you Martha.

Jonathan looked away from her, guilt written all over him.
Yep, he didn't burn the ship. Even when it seemed to be a germ infested death trap. But why not? Hmm, did he not try, or just not succeed?

What did you do, Jonathan Kent?
I hope we learn more about this development. I guess Clark did not even know they had ever found the ship back when he first met Bureau 39, so he couldn't ask them about it then.

“Superman landed in Smallville?” Wayne whispered to Martha.
Martha: Well, that Superman was dead before we found him. We now think it was the green rock that killed him.

She shrugged non-committally. She didn’t know for certain where Jerome had landed.
Jerome "landed" in Metropolis, but of course they don't know his true story. Will he tell them?

“Have you ever considered that you might have a leak in your organization, Trask? A leak who could have told us about your warehouse with your collection of space junk? A leak who told us you were planning on coming to Smallville, and informed us once you got here?” Jerome’s voice suggested.
Actually if Trask had gone around town trying to learn if there was anyone who though CK=SM, this would be his most logical conclusion.

Actually, if Trask realized that SM landed in Smallville, why didn't he try to identify who from Smallville was SM by doing interviews in town before? Hmm, maybe removing the tag from SM's ship really did set back Trask's investigation.

Did he? No, she had called the Daily Planet and told Lois that these men had come to Smallville.
Clark: Well I can't tell trask that. It would be like throwing Martha out of the frying pan and into the fire. From a potential relative to a proactive collaborator against Trask.

“I thought reporters don’t give up their sources?” Trask retorted.

“I don’t, and I haven’t. You wanted an explanation for these coincidences. I gave you a much more plausible reason than the one you leapt to,” explained Jerome.
Clark: Give up source or let my new folks get killed. clap Go Martha!

“Trask, don’t! No!” Jerome yelled. “I’ll give you Superman.”

“No! Don’t!” Martha screamed.
Martha: If word of this gets out, people will try hostage takings more often.

Clark: Well, we just hope other people don't learn about Kryptonite.

“You’re Superman?” Trask echoed with disbelief, exchanging a glance with his associates.
Yes, Trask does not believe him. The secret still lives.

Martha shrugged and shook her head, as if she didn’t know the answer.
At least some keepers of the secret are good at lieing.

“I stole their dead son’s identity to use as my own, so I could live a normal life with a home, a job, and friends,” Jerome admitted.
Lois: See, I knew he wasn't really Clark.

“So, you come here to repay them for stealing their son’s identity?” asked Trask. “Did you steal his body as well as his name, so they would think that you were their son?”

“No!” Jerome groaned in what sounded like frustration.
Martha: We know he is still safely buried, no body robbing involved.

Martha murmured under her breath, “Just stop. Fanatics can’t understand logic.”

“So what you’re saying is that, you, the man who loves humanity more than I do, are Superman?” said Trask wryly.
Trask is really obsorbed in his delusion. Most people realize that Superman loves people more than most does. Otherwise he would not go out of his way to help so much.

John Pack Lambert
J
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
J
Well, if the shoe fit… Jimmy thought, but wisely didn’t speak aloud.
Maybe it is good Lois sent Jimmy. She would never resist saying that retort outlouad.

“No, but I am, Max,” another man said, stepping up.
clap someone is standing up to the bully.

“Stay out of it, Hank. This has nothing to do with us,” pleaded his beautiful blonde wife, who held a sleeping infant against her shoulder.
I like Lana less and less.

“This has to stop, Lana. Max and his dad have terrorized us and this town long enough,” the man, Hank, said to his wife, before returning his focus to the sheriff. “You don’t arrest a man who comes to you for help, Max.”
Yes, someone is standing up to Lana.

“That’s Sheriff Harris to you, Hank,” growled the sheriff.
Not since you drove him out of town. He does not live under your jurisdiction Max.

“The Daily Planet? You mean, you’re with um… uh… the brunette lady…” Hank snapped his fingers as he tried to remember something. “— Lois Lane and her husband? He’s the one this Trask guy has got?”
Jimmy:Lois and Clark got married on their way out here, and they didn't even tell me.

“Partner, husband, whatever. Yeah,” Jimmy said, not wishing to correct any man interested in helping him at the moment.
Well, OK, maybe Lois would have told Jimmy if she had married CK.

Jimmy:Maybe CK tricked her into getting married somehow. Maybe that is why she wants to kill him.

“I thought I told you to be quiet,” Sheriff Harris said, giving Jimmy a hard shake.

“You recommended it, and I declined that right, because no intelligent judge will rule against the freedom of speech or the press when lives are on the line!”[/Qute]

clap You tell him Jimmy!

[Quote]“And you think this Trask guy is on the up-and-up, Max?” Hank asked.

“Yes, as a matter of fact I do,” the sheriff said proudly.

“Well, that settles it. I’m heading out to the Kent farm.
clap Finally someone seeing through the Harris lies.

His wife took his arm. “Don’t go, Hank,” she insisted. “Walt died ten years ago and his death has caused us nothing but trouble.
Only because they have let Max control how people interpret it.

We don’t owe the Irigs anything.
Well, if Lana had gone to prom with Walt and not Hank, who knows what would have happened.

What if you got hurt? You can’t go off on this fool’s errand, Hank; you’ve got a family of your own to protect.”

Hank stared his wife straight in the eye. “A family that includes the Irigs, Lana,”
dance Finally someone has called Lana's bluff.

Then, past the ringing in his ears, which had turned sharp and almost torturous in pitch,
Is he hearing Jimmy's signal watch?

he heard something else, someone else.

Help Clark.

“Lois?” Clark replied, his head snapping up.
And again Superman is made by Lois.

“Just remember,” he could hear Trask calling to his hostages outside the van. “You give your lives in the cause of humanity.”
Yes, defending the good of humanity from crazies like Trask who would destroy it.

Without thinking, Clark pulled off his shackles and burst through the back doors of the van.
Yes! Superman is back.

“Wayne passed out after Trask shot him in the leg,”
Convient, now we won't have more people accidently learning Jerome=SM.

Avian’s gal pal? Superman must be the ‘thing pertaining to birds’ who they were hunting. Did they mean birdman? The metaphor was so ridiculous, and grammatically incorrect, Clark almost laughed. So, Superman’s ‘gal pal’ would be…? Oh, Lois!
NR: You should have just slept with her when you had the chance, the bad guys all think you did anyway.

PR: No, that would have been stupid.

Clark: First off, I want Lois to love me, not just the suit. Secondly, if I just wanted tyo be with groupies, I could have stayed back in my own dimension.

Lois had escaped, his heart exploded with relief.
Of course until just now he had not know how close to being captured she was either.

Thank goodness! Then he grinned. Lois was going to love that nickname.
Lois: Well I would rather be know as Superman's girlfriend than as Jerome "the liars" wife.

Martha: There is something we have not told you about Jerome.

Lois: What?

Martha: He's Superman.

Lois: shock No way.

Trask’s man retorted with a mocking chuckle, “Backup? She’s one woman, Zulowski!”
Clark: Obviously these guys have never met Lois.

“Yeah, right, Zulowski. Don’t worry, we’ll get rid of that problem for you,”
Clark:I don't like the sound of that.

Tell him we’ll finish up after we catch the alien’s whore.
Clark: shock Where did this come from? How did Trask get Kryptonite?

Mrs. Kent had said that the light of the rock made Jerome sick.
So Jerome has a light alllergy?

“Hey, Thomas, I didn’t hear you’d come back to town,” Darlene said happily, popping her gum.
Max seems to not have sreened his employees to make sure they all properly hate Irigs.

“Sheriff’s already on his way to your location. Hold tight. You hurt, darling?”
Is Darlene the type of lady who calls everyone things like "Darling", or is there something more between her and Thomas, at least in her mind?

“Honey, your dad wouldn’t forgive himself if anything happened to you. You know that, don’t you?” Darlene said. “Best lay low, and wait for the sheriff to arrive. He’ll take care of everything.”
I guess since he wants employees who believe he is effective at the job, Max cannot be too picky about other things.

Call the Medivac helicopter from Wichita. I’m thinking we’re going to need it. Gotta go,” he said, hanging up the phone. He grabbed his gun and ran out the front door and down the driveway.
It sounds like Thomas' call was worth it afterall. I hope neither Clark nor Lois dies, nor Wayne for that matter. I should hope Trask lives to, but I really can't bring myself to that.

John Pack Lambert
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
JOAN: Thanks for the long FDK. hyper
Originally posted by scifiJoan:
This was so sweet.
I'm glad you enjoyed Martha's inner monologue.

evil

</font><blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><hr /><font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Isn't Lana a piece of work?
CLARK: [Linked Image]

I needed to have her personality (deep down) be similar through-out the universes.

Boy does this sound like Lois
laugh

Don't leave us in suspense too long!
More posting late tonight.

VirginiaR.
---
"clearly there is a lack of understanding between those two... he speaks Lunkheadanian and she Stubbornanian" -- chelo.
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Originally posted by Christina:
Whoa, didn't see that rock coming out of nowhere. Just can't win for losing, can he?
CLARK: Tell me about it!

Yes, the Kryptonite seemed to come out of nowhere, because no-one was watching him close enough to see where got it.

VirginiaR.
---
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
John: Thank you for your thorough FDK.

Wayne has made it to safety.
Relative safety.

The first thing on his mind is his son?
This is a BAD thing? Is there some reason that Wayne shouldn't be worried about the safety of his son? (his last remaining child)

Martha: No, good men have held you prisoner for four days. Oh course they are bad men.
The dialogue is mostly canon, and I agree with you. But it's possible she didn't know about his capture.

We can only hope.
[Linked Image]

Clark:The bad guys our on their way. You had better run and hide.
[Linked Image]Clark doesn't know this. Or wait, yes, I guess he does. Never mind.

Clark: At least someone has the fight idea.
Your typos make for some interesting FDK. smile1 Someone liked my silly joke.

Jonathan: I would care. I am a kind caring man. I don;t like people getting killed, even when they are not my children.
Trask cannot see other people's opinions.

Lois: Probably a better son. He would not be a lieing, double-crossing, no-good-nic
Clark: When have I ever double crossed you?

Lois: See you admit you lie.
clap Lois always wins!

PR: At least as much so.

Clark: I really try.

NR: You let Lois getting shot cause you to give up on helping others.
CLARK: Rub it in, why don't you?

LOIS: *He* didn't LET me be shot! Oh, you guys are just as bad as Superman. <<shakes head>>

Clark: Without Lois, there is no point. I could not go off and leave her unprotected at that critical time.
How did he do that? He went and "brought" Superman, who then got tackled by 3 cyborgs. It wasn't his fault.

Would he have called her ‘Mom’ and loved her as she would have loved him?

NR: Yes, he would have.

PR: Why are you saying that.

NR: To rub salt in her wounds.

PR: Get out.
clap <Psst. Here's Dr. Friskin's number>

NR:I hope he does not hurt their feelings.

PR:He is trying to save them. Anyway, we already told you to leave.
Martha and Jonathan are made of sterner stuff than alt-Clark.

Clark:I have never had anyone be so glad to hear me deny relation to them before.
Actually, he probably has.

PR: That is because you have not dealt with a Lois who thought you might be her long lost cousin and then you got to tell her "we are not related".
CLARK: What? dance

Clark: Well I can't tell trask that. It would be like throwing Martha out of the frying pan and into the fire. From a potential relative to a proactive collaborator against Trask.
Which is why Martha only thought it.

Clark: Give up source or let my new folks get killed. <huh> No, I think the anser to that is a no brainer.
Hmmmm. Maybe THAT’s why Trask doesn’t believe him.

Or just equally bigotted enough that they would never side with the friends of "the alien".
So Trask thinks.

Very good point.
Thank you. Can you convince Lois of that?
LOIS: But Chuck said he was FROM Smallville!
EW: Never mind.

Maybe the krptonian Grand council decided the only earthlings worthy of getting a Kryptonian child were those with the last name of Kent.
They’ll never know, because the Globe is lost.

I like this twist from how things happened in canon.

Clark: Me too, it seems much more respectable to show realy fear about another being injured, than myself being injured.
Thank you. [Linked Image] I figured there are two ways for Trask to test Clark = SM. One is to shoot him. The other one is to shoot someone else and see if he can save them. The first, he did in canon.

Martha: If word of this gets out, people will try hostage takings more often.

Clark: Well, we just hope other people don't learn about Kryptonite.
Ooooh. Better not tell Perry or Lois then.

Yes, Trask does not believe him. The secret still lives.
Why would he?

At least some keepers of the secret are good at lieing.
Just because Martha doesn’t like people to lie, doesn’t mean she isn’t good at it herself.

Lois: See, I knew he wasn't really Clark.
CLARK: Big surprise. Lois is right, AGAIN.
LOIS: Again, with the sarcasm. Just accept it as law, and move on. But not move on away from me. Just move on from this argument.

-- too much FDK, must continue on another post...

VirginiaR.
---
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
-- John's FDK Response (cont.) --

Martha: We know he is still safely buried, no body robbing involved.
Body stealing like in Star Man , where he takes over the image of someone who had once been alive, either that or a shapeshifter.

Trask is really obsorbed in his delusion. Most people realize that Superman loves people more than most does. Otherwise he would not go out of his way to help so much.
He just believes that this is an act.

Maybe it is good Lois sent Jimmy. She would never resist saying that retort outlouad.
clap

I like Lana less and less.
I’m okay with that.

LANA: Hey!

Yes, someone is standing up to Lana.
Hank has a supportive family who loves him and gives him moral support.

Not since you drove him out of town. He does not live under your jurisdiction Max.
I don’t think that’s the issue here.

Jimmy:Lois and Clark got married on their way out here, and they didn't even tell me.
JIMMY: (cont) Well, that would explain why Lois told Perry that Clark was dead.

Well, OK, maybe Lois would have told Jimmy if she had married CK.
He knows that misunderstandings happen.

Jimmy:Maybe CK tricked her into getting married somehow. Maybe that is why she wants to kill him.
oooops. I forgot you beat me to this joke. [Linked Image]

You tell him Jimmy!
JIMMY: blush Thanks.

Finally someone seeing through the Harris lies.
Nothing like those you grew up with to give you the respect you deserve once you “make it” in life.

Only because they have let Max control how people interpret it.
Or she might be referring to something (or someone) else.

Well, if Lana had gone to prom with Walt and not Hank, who knows what would have happened.
[Linked Image]

does he know the truth of Barbie's parentage? Or does he just feel a connection to the Irigs?
Hmmmmm.

Finally someone has called Lana's bluff.
Well, he has been married to Lana for almost 10 years. If he can’t stand up to her by now…

Is he hearing Jimmy's signal watch?
Yes, but he isn’t recognizing it as such.

And again Superman is made by Lois.
clap I like this imagry. Lois is certainly handy to have around.

CLARK: [Linked Image]

Yes, defending the good of humanity from crazies like Trask who would destroy it.
laugh

Yes! Superman is back.
The question is: Is Clark Superman even without the suit, or is he just being himself? Is it the “suit” that makes Clark into Superman?

Convient, now we won't have more people accidently learning Jerome=SM.
Which is why I had to let some time pass first. I had worked out a scenario where his self pep talk brought about bringing back his powers, but then there were all those pesky witnesses around, which I had to distract or get rid of somehow.

NR: You should have just slept with her when you had the chance, the bad guys all think you did anyway.

PR: No, that would have been stupid.

Clark: First off, I want Lois to love me, not just the suit. Secondly, if I just wanted tyo be with groupies, I could have stayed back in my own dimension.
LOIS: I agree. It would have been a bad reason to sleep with me.

Of course until just now he had not know how close to being captured she was either.
CLARK: What’s that? shock

Lois: Well I would rather be know as Superman's girlfriend than as Jerome "the liars" wife.

Martha: There is something we have not told you about Jerome.

Lois: What?

Martha: He's Superman.

Lois: <shock> No way.
LOIS: wallbash Now, she tells me.

Clark: Obviously these guys have never met Lois.
LOIS: I’ll take that as a compliment.
CLARK: Good, because I meant it as one. Anyway, I never insult you.
LOIS: You insult my intelligence by lying to me.
CLARK: You’re never going to forgive me, are you?
LOIS: Give me one good reason to do so?
CLARK: I love you.
LOIS: I’m still waiting for a good reason.

Clark: <flicks his finger at Trask’s man> Don;t talk about my girlfriend like that.
When will people learn, it’s not good to kidnap / insult / talk to Superman’s gal pal.
LOIS: Talk to? Hello? Journalist here. I’ve got to be able to conduct interviews.
CLARK: Sorry, I meant ‘Talk about’.
LOIS: That’s better.

Clark: I won't. And she won't either.
Nope.

At first I wondered why he gave then the directive to leave at all. However I guess you have to act within the believable scope of things.
If he told them to just let her go, they’d realize it wasn’t Trask talking to them and go investigate.

From no lack of trying on her part.
LOIS: I’ve never TRIED to be anyone’s whore!

Where did this come from? How did Trask get Kryptonite?
He had the piece sent to the lab.

So Jerome has a light alllergy?
Strobe lights and some really bright lights have been known to make people dizzy and / or sick to their stomaches.

Max seems to not have sreened his employees to make sure they all properly hate Irigs.
She was hired prior to him taking office.

Is Darlene the type of lady who calls everyone things like "Darling", or is there something more between her and Thomas, at least in her mind?
She’s like Maisie and calls all people younger than her “darling”, “honey”, etc.

I guess since he wants employees who believe he is effective at the job, Max cannot be too picky about other things.
MAX: Do you mean I’m NOT doing an effective job? Arrest that Commenter!

It sounds like Thomas' call was worth it afterall. I hope neither Clark nor Lois dies, nor Wayne for that matter. I should hope Trask lives to, but I really can't bring myself to that.
Trask living and knowing that Clark = Superman? [Linked Image] There’s a Halloween story to scare the kids!

VirginiaR.
---
J
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
J
Is this from the van, the truck, or both?
Good point. Sorry, I changed this from passive to active voice at the last minute and it made that more vague. I'll clarify (although, does it *really* matter?)
Well, if they are from just the truck or just the van, it might mean there are more soldiers involved here.

Maybe it's because he's seen the sample and it looks to have either a jagged or cut edge on one end which meant that it was either cut or broken off a larger piece?
Good point. That makes a lot of sense.

Why give up Clark if he doesn't have to? Anyway, would Trask keep his end of the bargain?
I guess not, so it probably does not matter what he offers.

Trask cannot see other people's opinions.
Good point. This is probably his biggest weakness. He assumes all other people are as selfish as him and as unlikely to help others. At least we hope this will lead to his downfall.

How did he do that? He went and "brought" Superman, who then got tackled by 3 cyborgs. It wasn't his fault.
Clark:I was saying after Lois got shot I had to watch her, and help her, so I didn't go and be Superman for a while, after Lois got shot.

John Pack Lambert
J
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
J
The question is: Is Clark Superman even without the suit, or is he just being himself? Is it the “suit” that makes Clark into Superman?
I generally assume Superman is what he can do, so I guess he is Superman without the suit. Of course, if we go with that, we have to revise down the number of times Clark, and not Superman, has ever saved Lois.

Clark: For now, we just assume if Lois says "CK saved me" or "SM saved me" she is always right.

Lois: you can say those last four words again.

Which is why I had to let some time pass first. I had worked out a scenario where his self pep talk brought about bringing back his powers, but then there were all those pesky witnesses around, which I had to distract or get rid of somehow.
As oppsoed to the show where they just ignored that Wayne would figure it out.

If he told them to just let her go, they’d realize it wasn’t Trask talking to them and go investigate.
Clark:Maybe I should have done that. It would have kept Lois safe. Nah, I am not up to full power yet, hopefully this works out.

From no lack of trying on her part.
LOIS: I’ve never TRIED to be anyone’s whore!
I was thinking that them not having had sex was from no lack of trying on Lois' part.

He had the piece sent to the lab.
Interesting twist. It makes a lot of sense.

She was hired prior to him taking office.
I am surprised he did not higher all his own cronies.

Trask living and knowing that Clark = Superman? [Linked Image] There’s a Halloween story to scare the kids!
But he is also crazy and would be put in prison, so it would not be that bad. Hmm, no on second thought, Trask living would be bad. Some people would believe him.

John Pack Lambert
S
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
S
Hi Virginia,

Oh, if their Clark had survived, would they have had a son as wonderful as Jerome? Would he have been kind, generous, and as helpful as Jerome was, with a dry sense of humor, and a good heart, who still needed her advice after all these years? Would he have called her ‘Mom’ and loved her as she would have loved him?
Yes! help

“Thanks, son,” Jonathan said with a smile.

Clark glanced at him as his heart skipped a beat at the endearment, despite him knowing that Jonathan didn’t mean it the way Clark took it.
help (bis)

I feel that it's only fair to spread out the cliffies among the different characters
You're sure? Anyway, it's time to read Part 57. laugh

wave

Sydney

Non ! non, c’est bien plus beau lorsque c’est inutile !
(Edmond Rostand)
Boards Chief Administrator
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Before she could answer, an army truck and a white van came barreling down the access road.
Shouldn’t they have paced themselves and waited the appropriate time?

This man was a fanatic, who would never see reason, no matter how clear and logical their argument was.
An argument often appears sound and logical to the unhinged mind that concocted said argument.

“I’m willing to do a trade. You give me the green rock…” Trask paused his speech as the third of his men rolled Jonathan, in his wheelchair, across the yard and up to them.
And he’ll kill only one of them?

He glanced up at her, setting his hand on hers, and they both knew that Trask was lying to them. He would never set them free.
Hmm…killing someone could be interpreted as setting him free.

“I don’t know what you’re talking about. Wayne didn’t give us any rock,” Jonathan told the man truthfully. Thomas had.
So, that’s where Clark learned how to speak the literal truth.
LOIS: [Linked Image] I normally wouldn’t hit a disabled person, but…

Trask pondered this. “He looks a bit brawny for a daughter.”
Steroids, so she could win the football championship in college.

“Wait!” Martha caved first. “How do we know you have anyone in the back of the van at all?”
drool

“Hank, I have no problem arresting you too,” screamed Sheriff Harris.

“You’d have to catch me first,” Hank said, jogging across the road and climbing into a pick-up truck.
What if Max shoots him in the back? Also, is it just me or did Hank imply to Max that the Sheriff should best go and have relations with himself?

There were cheers from the crowd as Hank drove away. Jimmy grinned, feeling much better about this small town.
Why is Max getting reelected when is such an obvious miscreant?

“Get in. I got to go stop that fool before I have a national incident on my hands and the feds get sent in.”
Yeah, might bust his drug operation wide open.

Who had Trask shot? Had it only been a bluff to test him?
Maybe one of the pigs?

Clark pulled the steel bar, to which he had been chained, out of the van and bent it around the paranoid bigot’s arms.
Wait, with Trask secured, how is he going to use the Kryptonite on Clark again?

before Clark caught him and stuffed a rag, he had retrieved from the tool shed, into Trask’s mouth.
Maybe pour some gasoline on it first?

Good quality staff there, Trask, Clark thought.
Well, he had to requisition them form the local law enforcement office.

“Avian Hunter, it’s Home Base,” said a scratchy voice. “Come in, Avian Hunter.”
laugh

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, our favorite show, life, and more! (It’s almost like the IRC days of old again!)

I go by Michael on the Archives.
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
“Avian’s gal pal
/cocks eyebrow/

Trask’s man retorted with a mocking chuckle, “Backup? She’s one woman, Zulowski!”
/waves hand in so-so gesture/ Eeeeeehhhh…

He couldn’t find his way into a woman without a magnifying glass.
*into*? wave Michael

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, our favorite show, life, and more! (It’s almost like the IRC days of old again!)

J
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
J
TRASK: So, you’re saying I should be calling IRS instead?
LOIS: I’ll marry him!
Shouldn't that be INS, since Clark just admitted to being a "refugee". No evidence Clark has been skimping on his taxes, just that he is not in the US legally.

John Pack Lambert
J
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
J
Why is Max getting reelected when is such an obvious miscreant?
This is what happens when you elected the county treasurer, prosecutor, assesor, clerk, sherriff and several more positions, especially in a rural Kansas county with diminishing population. People get reelected by default because no one challenges them. It is a drawback of the long-ballots that the US uses. In some cases the Sherriff election might be on the pack of the ballot, and in many parts of the US they are largely decided in the primaries which have abismally low turnouts.

John Pack Lambert
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Shouldn't that be INS,
[Linked Image]

blush Michael

Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Originally posted by John Lambert:
Well, if they are from just the truck or just the van, it might mean there are more soldiers involved here.
Okay, I see your point. I'll try to make this more clear. Thanks.

Good point. This is probably his biggest weakness. He assumes all other people are as selfish as him and as unlikely to help others. At least we hope this will lead to his downfall.
TRASK: Well, there's me and those who believe like I do, and then there are those others who are easily persuaded or have been corrupted by the alien spy.

Clark:I was saying after Lois got shot I had to watch her, and help her, so I didn't go and be Superman for a while, after Lois got shot.
Oh, I didn't get that.

I generally assume Superman is what he can do, so I guess he is Superman without the suit. Of course, if we go with that, we have to revise down the number of times Clark, and not Superman, has ever saved Lois.
I meant in a chicken and egg sort of way. Can you call CK Superman when he still does super stuff when not wearing the suit?

Clark: For now, we just assume if Lois says "CK saved me" or "SM saved me" she is always right.

Lois: you can say those last four words again.
LOIS: The correct answer would be that "Lois saved herself" with the assist of Superman or Clark Kent. laugh

As oppsoed to the show where they just ignored that Wayne would figure it out.
Don't forget all those Smallvillians who saw "Superman" dressed as CK without glasses and never figured it out despite him hanging out with CK's financee.

Interesting twist. It makes a lot of sense.
It makes sense that he got the sample from the lab before bringing the whole team out to Kansas. The piece in the lab is like a coin in the bank, why would he leave it there?

I am surprised he did not higher all his own cronies.
Max has cronies?

But he is also crazy and would be put in prison, so it would not be that bad. Hmm, no on second thought, Trask living would be bad. Some people would believe him.
Right. And those people in jail wouldn't want to believe that man who "knows" who Superman's true identity is (even if that prison is in Kansas).

VirginiaR.
---
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Originally posted by Sydney:
Hi Virginia,
Hi Sydney! Thanks for all the emotional reaction to my story. laugh

You're sure?
Yes, I'm sure. Why should Lois and Clark have all the cliffy fun? evil

VirginiaR.
---
J
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
J
Don't forget all those Smallvillians who saw "Superman" dressed as CK without glasses and never figured it out despite him hanging out with CK's financee.
Oh, you mean when the New Kryptonians invaded. It took me a lot of thinking to figure out what you were talking about. Did CK go around town without glasses during the NK ark. I had totally forgotten that. How he was able to go back to being CK and Superman after that without Jimmy and Perry, and all of Smallville and maybe a few others knowing is still beyond me. The "CK is undercover" might have worked, but how did they explain to Jimmy that Kal-el and Lois were being so friendly?

Those glasses must truly be a super disguise.

John Pack Lambert
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard