Print Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3
#90604 10/23/12 08:15 PM
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Wrong Place, Wrong Time, Wrong Clark TOC can be found Here

My apologies for the TMI scene in Part 54. I couldn't resist. peep

I promise to WHAM warning you the next time I post something that might be considered TMI. (Although, I've already promised no Lois/Claude, Lois/Paul, or Clark/Lana sex flashbacks.)

So, anyway, here's the beginning of my death spiral of cliffies. Hope you enjoyed. laugh

Comments appreciated.

Last edited by VirginiaR; 05/19/14 03:47 PM. Reason: Added Link

VirginiaR.
"On the long road, take small steps." -- Jor-el, "The Foundling"
---
"clearly there is a lack of understanding between those two... he speaks Lunkheadanian and she Stubbornanian" -- chelo.
S
Merriwether
Merriwether
S
“Metropolis doesn’t have a Super signal.”
Jimmy cracks me up. That sheriff is a real piece of work.

Clark better get his powers back soon!

Joan

J
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
J
Lois put a hand on Thomas’s arm to slow him down.
Clark: hyper she is being more cautious than me. Maybe we won't both get captured after all, and eventually we will manage to escape.

Not surprising the way he had been rattling on. He seemed to be a natural rambler when he was nervous.
Sounds a lot like a certain female reporter we know.

God, she hoped she didn’t sound like that when she got flustered, but knew she probably did.
At least she is being honest with herself in this matter.

She hoped it was Clark, but knew from the staggering steps that it couldn’t be him unless he was injured.
Negative reader:She is hoping that Clark is injured. clap

Postive Reader:You are sick and twisted, and no. She is just hoping to see Clark. She wants to see him.

NR:Just keep telling yourself that, we know the truth.

Her pulse quickened at that thought.
PR:See, seeing an injured Clark is not good in her mind.

[/Quote]An older man with dark grey hair stumbled around the corner. He appeared exhausted and sweaty.[/Quote]

Wayne appears. dance

He had his left hand wrapped in a navy handkerchief and cradled against his chest in an all too familiar gesture of pain.

“Dad,” Thomas gasped, standing up and stepping forward towards him.
Knew it. OK, the fact that last time we were told Wayne was let go, and he was also let go in the original way these incidents played out might be good.

“Wait!” Lois hissed, grabbing his arm to stop him and pull him back down.
Yes, Lois is being smart. She realizes if he was let go, the bad guys might be watching him.

“Thomas, think. How did he get away? Do you think that they would just let him go after doing who-knows-what to him? You said it was armed soldiers who took Cl… my husband,”
Lois is thinking very well on her feet. True she almost slipped up and called Clark that. But she threw out the cover instead.

PR:She almost called him Clark. dance She can't be too angry at him.

NR:Chuck has normally been a sign of endearment. This shows she really is mad at him.
Clark:I think you both are reading too much into this exchange. She is not thinking beyond the moment here.

she stammered, almost using ‘Clark’ instead of ‘Jerome’. There was a reason she liked to work alone on undercover investigative assignments.
Clark:If you had told me where we were going, we could have worked out a cover.

Lois:If I had told you where we were going, you could have co-opted the Kents to your lies before we got there.

Clark:Not liekly. Realistically I would just have been panicked longer.

Lois:See, it would not have helped.

“Do you know why they took your dad?”

Thomas continued to stare at his dad, torn between Lois’s logic and wanting to help his father. “The green crystal we found after last week’s storm. My dad sent a sample of it to the lab, and then these guys arrived saying something about pesticides. The Kents have it hidden away.”
Clark:Now she knows about the Kryptonite.

NR:Only that it exists. She won't be able to help you with this. Also, do you want her to know you are effected by a Green rock. This could be really bad.

Clark:But Lois would never use the Krptonite on me.

NR:Want to bet.

Lois had known they were keeping something from her. Green crystal? Well, it couldn’t be Trask and Bureau 39 at the Irig farm then. What would they want with a green crystal?
Clark:Green crystals can kill Superman.

Lois:How do you know?

Clark:Because Tempus almost did when Superman showed up to rescue Perry and Mr. James B. Olsen at the mayoral debates.

Lois:Where is the number for Dr. Carlin when I need it. Chuck, you clearly need mental help.

Why hadn’t anyone mentioned it to her? She’d be angry with Clark later, but now, she needed to think on her feet.
Why does she assume Clark knows this detail?

Clark:Well, she is right, I do know.

PR:Well, hopefully it will be a good angry.

Clark:Good angry? dance I am getting in Lois' better graces without risking my spleen.

NR:You have not made much progress.

Clark:I will take any I can get.

Actually, nobody bragged about her behind her back, usually people hurled insults.
Clark:See Lois, I am not like other guys.

“I’ve got to go find… Jerome,”
She is improving. This time she did not even start on a wrong name.

He just didn’t feel like a ‘Jerome’. Intuitively, he felt like a Clark, or a Chuck, which was just plain crazy because he was neither.
Clark:Well, her inner self knows I am Clark, I just have to convince her outself of this fact.

Maybe ‘Jerome’ was his real name. “You need to double back to the Kents through the woods and warn them. The best way to protect your dad now is to be prepared.”
This is not a good plan. Splitting up the party will just make then be captured one at a time.

“I’m always careful,” she told him, and he looked reassured,
Clark:Thomas, you do not know Lois well enough.

If these men were willing to harm middle aged Mr. Irig, who knew what they might do to young virile Clark Kent?
Clark:Yes, she does not have the resolve to refuse to call me by my name.

What was up with their government? Between this group, Bureau 39, and the NIA, it felt like her entire government was going covert.
Is Bureau 39 really part of the goverment at all?

Although, according to Ombudsman Thompson, Trask and Bureau 39 didn’t have anything to do with the government.
Of course part of the job of people like Thompson is to deny any knowledge.

Could she now be dealing with a rogue group of the EPA?[Quote]

The EPA just does not have the structure to create covert operations. Anyway, if they are after the crystal, that does not sound like the EPA at all.

[Quote]but in the bright light of day, it would be much easier for the soldiers to spot her.
Soldiers is not a term I would ever use to describe people with the EPA or the Dept of the Interior. I think Lois knows this is something else, even if she is not admitting it to herself.

Was someone else spying on these people besides her and Clark? If the Metropolis Star…
They must have taped the DP phone lines than.

Relief flooded her as she saw Jimmy,
She must be in a really tough spot if she is relevied to see Jimmy.

“Lois!” he choked out her name, and pulled her into an embrace. “You scared the living daylights out of me.”
Yep, Jimmy as an outdoorsman is ridiculous. He gets scared way to easily.

“Nah. He’s alive, until I get my hands on him,”
Clark:Maybe staying in Trask's custody longer is not such a bad option.

“That’s great!” Jimmy said,
Clark:Jimmy, did you just tell Lois it is great that she is plotting to kill me.

his face lighting up. “The Chief said that he must have misheard. Who died then?”
How is Lois going to explain this?

Lois rolled her eyes, not wanting to go through Clark’s deception again at the moment. “An old girlfriend of Clark’s. He learned about it this afternoon.”
Well, I guess this was the first person whose death she mentioned. So in a way it is the truth.

“Oh.” Jimmy looked as if he didn’t know if he should be happy about this news or not.
Jimmy:This means less competition for Lois. So maybe it is a good thing.

John Pack Lambert
J
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
J
“Not really. A group of soldiers was following him. I’m not quite sure what they’re up to,” she replied.
At this rate soon Thomas, Jonathan and Martha will also be prioners.

“So, who has CK?” he asked.
At least Jimmy is focusing on the most important issues.

Lois shrugged. “Not sure, exactly. I had a feeling it might be Trask, but...”
She should really trust her basic feelings.

“Thomas said they were looking for some kind of rock. Have you seen anything that…?” she started to ask as Ms. Sherman walked into view. “EPA liaison, my foot.”
Well, at least she no longer believes the EPA lie.

“I’m going to follow her,” Lois told Jimmy. “You stay here.”
Is Lois determined to split the party into as many components as possible.

Lois got up to leave and saw someone else leave the tent, someone she had hoped she would never see again, despite knowing it was inevitable. “Trask!” she hissed.
Well, now she knows the absolute truth about what is going on.

Jimmy nodded and started taking photos.
Hopefully he can put them to good use. Is Trask a wanted criminal for throwing Lois out of a plane?

It was Bureau 39, just as she suspected. What were they doing here in Smallville? Why were they interested in that green crystal that Thomas and Wayne Irig had found?
Obviously because it is believed to have some special ability that will be useful to their plants.

She thought Bureau 39’s main objective was to kill Superman,
Will she make the connection? Hmm, who would think some random crystal could kill Superman?

Even if Trask’s crazy idea was on the right track, killing the Kryptonian representative sent to Earth would probably anger the Kryptonian people enough that they would be more likely to attack, than to have friendly relations with the people of Earth.
Good point. Although Trask does think that Superman is trying to give people a false sense of security. In the long rin the best way to understand Trask is as a total xenophobe. He does not want any aliens on earth, whether they are friendly or not. He wants to start the war.

Of course, Trask’s theory was completely implausible. Superman would never do that. He loved Earth and valued life above all else.
Thus to start the war, he needs to be killed for more reasons than one.

but if he was being held inside there, she might be able to save him.
How exactly does she plan on beating multiple armed Bureau 39 agents?

She heard the van’s engine start and glanced towards the first tent, seeing a shackled Clark being led from that tent and put inside the van.
Well, now she knows where Clark is. Although how she is going to get him free is another question.

Oh, no, Clark! Lois raised a hand to her mouth as she gasped in pain at seeing him so. Luckily, it hadn’t looked like Trask had done anything to Clark except chain him up.
Well, I guess seeing is still more shocking than just suspecting. Although it has not really ever been in doubt that they had captured Clark.

Sheriff Max Harris seemed to be the logical choice except for the fact that, according to Clark, he wouldn’t help.
Would he get involed in the kidnapping of a reporter? If they could make it not an issue of the Irig farm. I still doubt it.

“She probably knows that we have Kent and is sending in reinforcements to rescue him,” Trask told his lieutenant.

Sounded like a good plan to her. Thanks, Trask.
But who is she going to use as reinforcements? Hank?

Meteor? Did he mean Thomas’s green crystal? Lois wondered. Probably. Kent’s folks? Oh, crap, Trask thought that Clark was related to the Kents. Not good.
Does it really matter one way or the other at that point? He would be mad at them for colluding in hiding the rock either way.

Her eyes widened. Did Trask think that the green crystal could hurt Superman? He was insane. Superman was invulnerable. Wasn’t he? Trask couldn’t be right, could he?
At least she is realizing things might be worse than they are. At this point I think we learn why Clark should tell Lois the truth. If she knew about Krytonite she could help him.

This is the point where it is most obvious that Clark not telling Lois has hurt him more than it did in canon. Of course, in canon it is unclear why Clark does not tell Lois the truth about Krytonite. I understand why he did not tell her before she wrote her article, since he also did not help write it so that the denial of Kryptonite would be more believable. However, I am not sure at all why he did not tell her afterward. Would it not have helped to have her knowing Superman could be hurt and such. Maybe he figured his parents knowing was enough, but they are not usually around.

Soldiers were now running around the camp starting to take things down and loading the things onto trucks. Word must have spread that they were moving out. If she didn’t get into those tents now, whatever documents and information she could find would disappear as quickly as Superman’s vessel had.
Maybe she is about to find his ship.

“Go into town. Find someone who can help. I don’t know, an Army recruitment officer or someone.
In Smallville? Hmm, actually at the Corn Fest time might make sense. Some of the kids would probably jump at the chance to join the military.

Call Perry and see if he can send in the Feds or the National Guards.
Actually that probably should be action #1. They know that the local sherrif is incompetent at best.

Tell them that Trask kidnapped Clark,” she told him. “They’re taking him to Kent farm. It’s one farm over to the west.”
And Jimmy will assume that is where he grew up. Hmm, this will make it so Lois may have Jimmy and Perry thinking she is the crazy one, claiming Clark is not from Smallville.

“I’m going to see what I can find out here before it disappears into a truck. I’ll meet you back at the Kent farm,” she told him. “Contact Superman. Warn him that Trask thinks he has some kind of rock that can hurt him.”
How does she expect Jimmy to contant Superman?

“How can I contact him?” Jimmy asked with exasperation. “Metropolis doesn’t have a Super signal.”
What about his signal watch?

“Think of something. Have Perry scream ‘Help, Superman’ out his office window or something,” Lois suggested.
Under most circumstances this would work.

Jimmy glanced down at his watch and nodded. “I know of something, but it’s a long shot.”
Yes, Jimmy remembered the watch.

“A long shot is better than none. I’ll call the Kents and warn them they’re about to get visitors,” Lois said, reaching into her bag and pulling out her cell phone as she headed back towards the tent she was sure Ms. Sherman must have entered.
Why doesn;t she also call Perry? Also, does Jimmy have a cell phone?

She looked down at her phone, one bar. What was it with this middle of nowhere town?
Well, Wayne probably does not have a cell phone. If she was by city hall she would probably have good reception.

John Pack Lambert
J
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
J
“They’ve hurt my dad,”
Clark:At least Thomas knows how to cut to the heart of the matter.

“They’ve let him go, but he’s injured. Lois and I saw him on the access road, but we couldn’t help him because the soldiers are following him. He’s headed here.” He bent over and set his hands on his knees in an attempt to catch his breath.
Another reason they should have told Lois about the rock. If she had realized how important it was that Trask not find it, maybe she would have revealed her and Thomas postion to get captured instead of Wayne leading Bureau 39 to the Kent farm.

John Pack Lambert
J
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
J
“She went on to our farm looking for Jerome, but she sent me back here to warn you guys,” Thomas explained. “Lois said we needed to hide the rock. She figures they’re coming after it because my dad wouldn’t tell them where he hid it. Otherwise, why follow him after letting him go?”
Clark:Somehow between Lois and Thomas they are doing the most vital thing, without knowing why it is so vital.

“Lois knows about the rock?” Mr. Kent asked, shooting a worried look at his wife.
Jonathan:This is bad. She is mad enough at Jerome right now to use it on him.

“Yeah. I told her.
Jonathan:Luckily Thomas does not know what it did to Jerome.

She seemed surprised nobody else had mentioned it. I mean, it’s why these guys took over our farm, isn’t it?” Thomas asked.
Good point. Why didn't Martha tell her? Oh, because she knew the rock was connected to Superman, because they found some with baby Clark, although they did not know it was what killed him.

If they brought her here to help, it seemed only fitting that she should have all the details.
Of course, Thomas does not realize that they only meant to bring Jerome to help. Lois coming was no more part of Martha's plan than it was part of Clark's plan.

“How are we going to protect ourselves from those guys?”
Good thing Jonathan already brought out his shotgun, at least if I followed what was up correctly.

Mr. and Mrs. Kent exchanged another look, communicating a whole conversation, which Thomas didn’t catch.
Martha:well, he is the last person who believes Jerome and Lois are married. We don;t want to blow his whole cover.

PR:Don't Hank and Lana believe Jerome and Lois are married.

Martha:Oh, did Jerome spread the lie of his marriage in town too? Soon Maisie will be by asking how our farm hand maanged to marry the Daily Planet's top reporter.

Jonathan:We could tell her that our farm hand also happens to be Metropolis's second rank reporter, Clark Kent.

Martha:No, that will never work. Maisie knows my maiden name is Clark. Even if we can obsure how often Jerome helps out here, that will just open more questions than we want. Nope, not happening.

“No, Jonathan, absolutely not. We’re not going to use our rifle against people, even bad people. That’s not who we are,”
I guess know we know where Clark gets his absolutely refusal to kill anyone.

“Martha, we need to protect Wayne, Thomas, Lois, and Jerome. Who knows what those guys will do once they get a hold of the green rock? It’s dangerous,” Mr. Kent countered.
Good point. Although destroying the rock seems the best course of action. It is not like then can beat back the B39 hordes with one rifle.

“It’s dangerous?” Thomas stammered, feeling light headed.
Thomas: shock Why didn;t someone tell me before I transported it.

“It makes some people sick.
At least on short exposure only non-human people. laugh Or at least, not-fully human people. We won't test it around Clark, Jr at all. Yes, I know there is no Clark Jr. in this sotry, but we are just warning people against the tests well in advance. However, it might be detrimental to human health after long exposure.

That’s all we know,” Mr. Kent said vaguely.
Clark:Well, you could give him more clues on the type of people it sickens.

Jonathan:We are much better at gaurding your secret than some people.

Canon Lois:It is not my fault that alt-Clark got exposed. What was I supposed to do, not call for help as I was falling to my death. Anyway you don't know anything about that.

Who did it make sick? Mr. and Mrs. Kent seemed fine. It didn’t affect him and his dad. The only person who wasn’t feeling well lately was… “Jerome?”
Thomas is 50% to figuring out Jerome is Superman. This means that at the current rate things are going soon all of Smallville will "know" that Lois Lane is the wife of Superman.

“We aren’t sure about this, you understand?”
Jonathan:We might have something else in our barn that is harmful to Superman. On second thought, no.

“But the glowing made him dizzy.
Wouldn't she say "the glowing rock" or is she trying to emphasize a connection between the glow and Jerome's condition?

That’s why he fell and hit his head when I showed it to him last night. You aren’t to repeat that to anyone, anyone, you hear?”
Hmm, are they afraid that Thomas telling this will blow Jerome's cover, or is it more that they want to keep the fact that things can hurt Superman secret.

Clark:I am not sure, but I am afraid that Thomas will fail in keeping this information from Lois.

He didn’t need to add extra logs to that man’s marriage funeral pyre.
Hmm, I am not sure it will matter much either way. Clark is pretty much to the point where his only course is to tell Lois the truth.

She pressed her lips together in a sour manner, which Thomas thought must be hardwired into a woman’s DNA because he was sure he had seen Lois give Jerome the same expression.
Maybe it is just an expression aquired with marriage.

“Hide it where we discussed.”
Clark:Yes, they have a plan. Maybe being a prisoner is not as bad as I though. Other people seem to be doing better than me at planning.

John Pack Lambert
J
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
J
Jimmy pulled his rental car up to next to the park in the center of town where he saw the sheriff’s patrol car.
Oh no, doesn't he know how bad this idea is.

Lois said Army recruitment officer, but surely the sheriff would be better.
Didn't she tell him the Sherrif would be no help. Our only hope is he just mentions Clark being kipnapped, and forgets to say Clark's last name. Oh wait, I do not think there is any hope of that.

“I’m looking for the sheriff,” he told the man, who was shorter than Jimmy and seemed a bit young for the title. He must be the deputy.
Jimmy, always making false assumptions as to who the Sherrif is. Strike one against any help.

“Yo, Jacobs, take this yokel’s car and impound it, will you?” Sheriff Harris said to another uniformed man nearby, tossing him Jimmy’s keys. “It’s parked illegally.”
Yes, Maxwell has already been shown to be less helpful than Rachel. In the same situation Rachel had the car moved to a legal parking spot, not impounded.

“Okay, there’s this guy, his name is Trask. He thinks that there are UFOs. I mean, there are UFOs, but this guy collects them. Anyway,
Really missing the point there Jimmy. Yes, I know its canon. But in canon Jimmy was not racing against a car impounding either.

he’s here in Smallville, and he’s got my friend,
Still not making this clear. Kidnapped would be a better term.

and if we don’t save him now, he’s going to be toast. Do you know how to call the Army?”

Sheriff Harris sighed incredulously.

“The National Guard? We’re going to need helicopters,” Jimmy continued, but seeing Sheriff Harris’s expression, he doubted he was going to get the help CK needed.
He has not make it clear his friend was kidnapped by an army of lunatics. He has only mentioned one man. Even if Sherrif Harris believes him and wants to do something, which are both doubtful, at this point it sounds like something the Sherrif's office can take care of.

“You’re not from around here, are ya?” the sheriff said wryly.
Obviously not. He expects that Sherrif to intervene in kidnapping situations and try to maintain law and order.

Sheriff Harris held up his hand to stop him. “You’re from Metropolis? And you come here, expecting me to be some backwards country hick, stupid enough to believe this load of horse manure about some man looking for UFOs in Smallville?” He rolled his eyes with a shake of his head. “This isn’t an emergency. You’re wasting my time.”
Good point. Jimmy should never have mentioned UFOs. He should have gone with my friend was put in chains by a group of armed assailants.

“My friend CK, Clark Kent, is being held hostage by this Trask fellow,” Jimmy said, trying to get his information through this man’s thick skull. “Trask’s got a bunch of soldiers out at the Irig farm and has been digging it up looking for something. Lois Lane is out there, trying to find out what. Trask will probably kill CK and Lois Lane too, if they catch her spying on them. These guys are starting to pack up as we speak. If we don’t hurry, it will be too late.”
Slightly better, but still not getting to the core of the issue. Also the mention of Kent and Irig were not wise.

“The Kents and the Irigs?” Sheriff Harris said, grinding his teeth together. “First of all, get your facts straight, city boy. It’s the EPA digging up at the Irig farm, not some wacko guy with soldiers.
Too bad Jimmy did not show him photos.

I’ve seen the paperwork. I even approved it.
Totally not surprising.

Irig’s been poisoning the drinking water with his pesticides.
Max probably gave them this idea.

Secondly, if someone held Wayne Irig and some Kent I’ve never heard of hostage, they probably deserved it, broke some law or something.
I am pretty sure that EPA agents do not have a right to arrest.

Ever hear about trespassing? It’s a big deal here in the country, not that it means anything to a big city reporters like you and this Lane woman.
It is still illegal to kidnap people for it. Plus, it is not tresspassing if you don't own the land. Jimmy has done a really poor job in saying who Clark Kent is.

The Kents and Irigs are a bad lot, and we’ve been trying to rid our county of them for a decade. So, if some government agents want to arrest…”
It appears that Max has no concept of what the rule of law really means. He is also very bigotted if he assumes someone deserves punishment merely because of what their last name is.

“I never said Trask was a government agent,” Jimmy corrected him. “He’s posed as one before when he raided our offices in Metropolis searching for information on Superman. You’ve met him, haven’t you?” His gaze narrowed, having gotten a bead on this man. “He’s gotten to you, hasn’t he? Do you know that Trask is trying to find a way to kill Superman?”
This is not a very smart way to respond.

“Good riddance!” Sheriff Harris spat. “No good vigilante. Only helps out when he wants to. He’s only in it for the glory.” He pointed his finger at Jimmy. “Colonel Trask is a good, all-American man. You could learn something from likes of him.”
Max seems to excel as projection. He transfers his own motives to Superman.

Jimmy threw up his hands. “And you call yourself law enforcement? My friend is in real trouble,
Jimmy would have been a lot smarter to go with the term "work college" here. He should emphasize for the record that Clark Kent is also a reporter with the daily planet.

and if he gets killed by that whack-job, his blood will be on your hands,” he yelled at the man.
Max has so much blood on his hands a little more will not phase him.

“Now, I can’t even go help rescue my friends because you stole my rental car!”
Jimmy really needs to learn more about dealing with law enforcement. Max was 100% in the right to impound Jimmy's car.

Sheriff Harris grabbed Jimmy arm and pulled it behind his back. “You’re under arrest!”

“On what charges?” Jimmy countered. “Asking for help? Speaking the truth? That’s not against the law in this country, bub!”
Disorderly conduct.

“For threatening a law enforcement officer, namely myself,” Sheriff Harris said, snapping on handcuffs. “Please do yourself and the rest of us a favor, and keep your mouth shut, because anything else you say will be counted in the court of law against you…”
I do not believe he can construe anything as a threat. Hopefully this over-the-top action will lead to his being removed from office. However I have my doubts.

John Pack Lambert
J
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
J
He had stupidly continued to use the name his folks had given him on the day they had found him in Shuster’s field.
Hmm, I guess he could have gotten a new name on coming to this dimension. However then he would have needed a fake drivers license, instead of just using one that did not officially exist.

Now, Trask thought these Kents were his family. If anyone got hurt because of him, he’d never forgive himself. Ha! He wouldn’t be able to live with himself.
Clark is still excelling at blaming himself.

Lois would be devastated, of course, that her beloved Superman was no more. She would understand though, that he had done it for her.
I think Lois would be more devastated that her partner was no more.

This vicious cycle of death that continually followed him had to end. It had started when his birth father and mother had sent him away from his true fate on Krypton.
He really does noeed to see the globe. Also, he needs some postive persepctive. If it was not for him well over 100 more people would be dead.

This was not to say he wasn’t happy to be alive, he was, but he had brought so much pain and misery to those he loved.
I was hoping seeing that this Rachel was dead would snap him out of this stupid thought process, but I guess not.

If they could all survive this ordeal he would strive to be the man Lois deserved, even if she could only accept that man as her friend.
I think if he tells her the truth, she will eventually forgive him.

He was somewhat surprised, actually, that she hadn’t bolted from Smallville last night.
She wants to understand the truth. Anyway, why would she run off when he is suffering. She likes him more than he gives her credit for.

That small fact gave him a flicker of hope that, if he was really lucky, she might someday be able to forgive him for deceiving her.
This will only happen when he stops decieving her though. He has to come clean first.

It was also true that Lois Lane never gave up on a story. Clark hoped that there was a part of him she wouldn’t give up on either.
PR:I don't think she will give up on you, Clark, until she has the truth.

Clark:I am not sure if that is good or bad. Makes it sound like I will have to tell her SM=Ck.

PR:I don;t think you really have a choice anymore.

He couldn’t let Lois and his new-dimension folks die again, not on his watch.
Lois die again would make sense. However "his new dimension fols die again" seems a bit of an odd formation. It would seem more to the point to say "He couldn't let Lois and his folks die again".

When the chains still wouldn’t bend, Clark closed his eyes and reached deep inside himself for his inner strength, for his essence, for what made him, rather than anyone else, Superman. This wasn’t a job for Clark, or Jerome. This was a job for Superman.
But if he reaveals he is Superman, Trask will have no reason to keep Lois alive. If he does not know, than he will need to keep Lois alive to get more info.

John Pack Lambert
J
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
J
before Lois was able to dart across the road from the trees to the tent,
Yes, back to Lois. I have been anticipating this part. I hope she learns something sueful this part.

the second tent, Lois could have sworn, inside of which Ms. Sherman had gone. It was empty… Well, empty of people at least. She saw a small file box, sitting on a table. Jackpot!
smile1 Is she going to discover the SM to Smallville connection?

The man dropped a cardboard box on the table with the confidential files and then proceeded to fill the box with the files.
hyper she is getting away.

John Pack Lambert
J
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
J
So we end with Lois driving a track that may or may not have soldier in it. Virginia you do really like cliff hanger endings.

I am looking forward to the next part.

John Pack Lambert
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
This was well written and covered a lot of angles. Good job, I am looking forward to more.

Clark: “If we can be born in an instant, and die in an instant, why can’t we fall in love in an instant?”

Caroline's "Stardust"
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Originally posted by scifiJoan:
Jimmy cracks me up.
JIMMY: Gotham City has a signal. Metropolis's budge is in the black, and Gotham's in the Red. You'd think Metropolis could afford one, right? Do you think Gotham City would lend us their spare?

That sheriff is a real piece of work.

Clark better get his powers back soon!
[Linked Image]

VirginiaR.
---
"clearly there is a lack of understanding between those two... he speaks Lunkheadanian and she Stubbornanian" -- chelo.
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
John: Wow, 8 FDK responses! thumbsup They don't believe we exist at all!

She must be in a really tough spot if she is relevied to see Jimmy.
Relief that it wasn't Met Star.

Clark:Maybe staying in Trask's custody longer is not such a bad option.
Do you think he'd rather die by Trask's hands than Lois's?

Clark:Jimmy, did you just tell Lois it is great that she is plotting to kill me.
LOL.
JIMMY: No! Great that CK's still alive. I discounted everything else she said.

Well, I guess this was the first person whose death she mentioned. So in a way it is the truth.
LOIS: Who said I suddenly had to be truthful?

At this rate soon Thomas, Jonathan and Martha will also be prioners.
[Linked Image]

Is Lois determined to split the party into as many components as possible.
Lois likes finding her own trouble instead of waiting around for trouble to find her.

Well, now she knows the absolute truth about what is going on.
Well, no, not really.

Hopefully he can put them to good use. Is Trask a wanted criminal for throwing Lois out of a plane?
No proof. Her and Clark's words against his. Thomspon's murder, OTOH.

Obviously because it is believed to have some special ability that will be useful to their plants.
LOIS: Does it make earthlings have super powers of their own?

Good point. Although Trask does think that Superman is trying to give people a false sense of security. In the long rin the best way to understand Trask is as a total xenophobe. He does not want any aliens on earth, whether they are friendly or not. He wants to start the war.
Trask thinks he's protecting Earth. Yes, total xenophobe.

Well, I guess seeing is still more shocking than just suspecting. Although it has not really ever been in doubt that they had captured Clark.
No, but putting Clark into shackles was what she wanted to do. Now, she'll have to come up with a new plan. wink

Would he get involed in the kidnapping of a reporter? If they could make it not an issue of the Irig farm. I still doubt it.
cool

Does it really matter one way or the other at that point? He would be mad at them for colluding in hiding the rock either way.
True. But now Trask is more likely to use the Kents against Clark, so he'll give up Superman.

At least she is realizing things might be worse than they are. At this point I think we learn why Clark should tell Lois the truth. If she knew about Krytonite she could help him.
How?

I understand why he did not tell her before she wrote her article, since he also did not help write it so that the denial of Kryptonite would be more believable. However, I am not sure at all why he did not tell her afterward. Would it not have helped to have her knowing Superman could be hurt and such. Maybe he figured his parents knowing was enough, but they are not usually around.
CLARK: This really isn't a secret that I like telling everyone just to save my own skin. I'd rather risk my own skin to save theirs.

VirginiaR.
---
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
FDK - Cont. -

In Smallville? Hmm, actually at the Corn Fest time might make sense. Some of the kids would probably jump at the chance to join the military.
Yep, recruitment officers like coming to all sorts of community events.

And Jimmy will assume that is where he grew up. Hmm, this will make it so Lois may have Jimmy and Perry thinking she is the crazy one, claiming Clark is not from Smallville.
And this is different from yesterday, how?

Why doesn;t she also call Perry? Also, does Jimmy have a cell phone?
She figures that the phone call to Perry will take longer.

Well, Wayne probably does not have a cell phone. If she was by city hall she would probably have good reception.
In 1993, it's doubtful more than a handful of people in Smallville have cell phones.

If she had realized how important it was that Trask not find it, maybe she would have revealed her and Thomas postion to get captured instead of Wayne leading Bureau 39 to the Kent farm.
It wouldn't have stopped B39 from looking ahead to see what's further on down the road. It would have just led to her being captured too.

Oh, because she knew the rock was connected to Superman, because they found some with baby Clark, although they did not know it was what killed him.
Correct.

Of course, Thomas does not realize that they only meant to bring Jerome to help. Lois coming was no more part of Martha's plan than it was part of Clark's plan.
Lois isn't good at relaying messages. wink

Martha:well, he is the last person who believes Jerome and Lois are married. We don;t want to blow his whole cover.

PR:Don't Hank and Lana believe Jerome and Lois are married.

Martha:Oh, did Jerome spread the lie of his marriage in town too?Soon Maisie will be by asking how our farm hand maanged to marry the Daily Planet's top reporter.

Jonathan:We could tell her that our farm hand also happens to be Metropolis's second rank reporter, Clark Kent.

Martha:No, that will never work. Maisie knows my maiden name is Clark. Even if we can obsure how often Jerome helps out here, that will just open more questions than we want. Nope, not happening.
First off, they are NOT contemplating killing Thomas to save Clark's identity. WHY wouldn't a farm hand and a reporter hook up? Love has no bounds.

I guess know we know where Clark gets his absolutely refusal to kill anyone.
CLARK: Do I need a reason to see that it's wrong?

Good point. Although destroying the rock seems the best course of action. It is not like then can beat back the B39 hordes with one rifle.
How does one destroy it without getting fragments all over one's clothing or spreading the fragments around? Also, not enough time. They'll destroy it later.

Clark:Well, you could give him more clues on the type of people it sickens.

Jonathan:We are much better at gaurding your secret than some people.

Canon Lois:It is not my fault that alt-Clark got exposed. What was I supposed to do, not call for help as I was falling to my death. Anyway you don't know anything about that.
It's not Lois's fault that Tempus outed him. It's Tempus's fault.

Thomas is 50% to figuring out Jerome is Superman. This means that at the current rate things are going soon all of Smallville will "know" that Lois Lane is the wife of Superman.
Let's hope that Thomas doesn't read the Daily Planet.

Jonathan:We might have something else in our barn that is harmful to Superman. On second thought, no.
Wood shaving? Straw? Oats? Feed? Chickens? That candy bar Jonathan snuck out there the day he fell off the ladder that Martha doesn't know about?

Wouldn't she say "the glowing rock" or is she trying to emphasize a connection between the glow and Jerome's condition?
Yep. It wasn't the "rock" but the "glow", because Jerome's eyesight is so sensative to bright lights. wink

Hmm, are they afraid that Thomas telling this will blow Jerome's cover, or is it more that they want to keep the fact that things can hurt Superman secret.
They don't want him to spread it around that the rock hurts Jerome, because it might also get out that the rock hurts Superman, letting anyone Thomas told know that Jerome = Superman.

Clark:I am not sure, but I am afraid that Thomas will fail in keeping this information from Lois.
Isn't that part of the guy code? Not to tell another man's wife his secrets, if he doesn't want her to know?

Clark:Yes, they have a plan. Maybe being a prisoner is not as bad as I though. Other people seem to be doing better than me at planning.
TEMPUS: Everyone is a better planner than you, Clark. You're Superman! Superheroes don't plan, they act.

Didn't she tell him the Sherrif would be no help.
LOIS: Ooopps.

Really missing the point there Jimmy. Yes, I know its canon. But in canon Jimmy was not racing against a car impounding either.
The sheriff never said that the car wouldn't be impounded by the story, only that he'd listen to Jimmy's emeregency in granting lienency to the fine.

Still not making this clear. Kidnapped would be a better term.
Still canon, I believe.

He has not make it clear his friend was kidnapped by an army of lunatics. He has only mentioned one man. Even if Sherrif Harris believes him and wants to do something, which are both doubtful, at this point it sounds like something the Sherrif's office can take care of.
We now all know why Jimmy will be known for his photography and not his writing. He's not very good at cutting to heart of the matter.

Slightly better, but still not getting to the core of the issue. Also the mention of Kent and Irig were not wise.
Jimmy's not up on local politics.

Too bad Jimmy did not show him photos.
1993. No digital cameras. Film is still the norm.

Max probably gave them this idea.
No, but he believes it wholeheartedly.

I am pretty sure that EPA agents do not have a right to arrest.
Max isn't the sharpest tool in the toolbox.

It is still illegal to kidnap people for it. Plus, it is not tresspassing if you don't own the land. Jimmy has done a really poor job in saying who Clark Kent is.
Sheriff Max: You say "kidnap", I say "detain". It is tresspassing if it's a closed government site, not open to the public.

Jimmy would have been a lot smarter to go with the term "work college" here. He should emphasize for the record that Clark Kent is also a reporter with the daily planet.
Like that would really matter away from the Big City.

Max has so much blood on his hands a little more will not phase him.
Sheriff Max: I haven't killed anyone! Liable! Slander! Arrest that Commenter!

I do not believe he can construe anything as a threat. Hopefully this over-the-top action will lead to his being removed from office. However I have my doubts.
cool

Hmm, I guess he could have gotten a new name on coming to this dimension. However then he would have needed a fake drivers license, instead of just using one that did not officially exist.
Plus, a lot more lies.

VirginiaR.
---
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
FDK - Page 3 - Cont.

I think if he tells her the truth, she will eventually forgive him.
CLARK: Do you? Really? I think she'd stab me through with a Kryptonite dagger and think things over later.

Lois die again would make sense. However "his new dimension fols die again" seems a bit of an odd formation. It would seem more to the point to say "He couldn't let Lois and his folks die again".
Good point. Thanks, I'll change it.

But if he reaveals he is Superman, Trask will have no reason to keep Lois alive. If he does not know, than he will need to keep Lois alive to get more info.
Trask would have to capture her first.

Shoun't that be "Paper trails"?
grumble Darn spell checker! Never catching the meaning, only the spelling. Thank you.

Isn't him throwing her out of the plane enough evidence for an indictment?
No. She only has her, Clark's, and Superman's word against Trask's. He said/ she said.

Is she going to discover the SM to Smallville connection?
Yep, those are the Smallville files.

Lois won't get the files.
whinging that Clark does not hear this. It would really touch his heart to hear the concern on Lois' part. </font><hr /></blockquote><font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">CLARK: Damn Kryptonite.

She is remembering from the last time this happened.
Yes.

This plan makes no sense. Although I guess Trask is crazy enough that that does not matter.
Perhaps "threaten to kill the Kents" to get Clark to do his bidding. Time honored technique which, more often than not, works. Although, knowing Trask, he'd still end up killing everyone to get rid of those pesky loose ends.

PR: Lois recognizes that Clark loves her.
LOIS: Well, why wouldn't he?

frown she is still not accepting that he is Clark.
LOIS: Why should I?

This was especially unlikely with Jimmy's extremely poor description of the situation. Maybe Lois should have paid more attention to the disccuion of Max by Clark and the Kents
LOIS: Boring local politics. I wanted to get moving on the story!

she is getting away. Hmm, did she check to make sure no armed people were in the truck?
Ummm..... No.

So we end with Lois driving a track that may or may not have soldier in it. Virginia you do really like cliff hanger endings.
evil I have quite a few in a row coming up. But I promise, no more Wolfes. wink Well, not in Smallville, at least.

VirginiaR.
---
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Originally posted by Laurach:
This was well written and covered a lot of angles. Good job, I am looking forward to more.
blush Thank you. I try to keep my stories entertaining. More coming late Friday night/ early Saturday (depending on your time zone).

VirginiaR.
---
J
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
J
Things don't happen here just as they do in canon. evil
Clark:This is a good thing, otherwise Lois would be a prisoner.

PR:Plus, with the sherrif last time now being a dead person, they aren't going to get any help from that angle.

Clark:Last time? shock

[Qupote]LOIS: It's MY turn to injure Clark. Nobody elses![/Quote]

Clark:Maybe I will stop trying to break out of the chains for a bit.

John Pack Lambert
J
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
J
NR:Don't hold your breath. She will not see the truth about Luthor until she can overcome her pride that keeps her from admitting she does not see the truth. I liked "Another Lois" description of why Lois did not see the truth of Luthor.
Because Lex "died". Thanks. laugh
Actually, I had forgotten about Lex "dieing". No I was refering to Bobby Bigmouth's (I think) description of why he did not tell Lois the truth, because she was too proad and stubborn to be willing to see it.

PR:Hopefully Wrong Clark can be right in not sending Lois on a course to Luthor.

NR:Don't hold your breath. If that were the case won't he be Right Calrk?
I love all the different ways you find for Clark to be "Wrong".

CLARK: Yeah, gee, thanks, John. Here's another ocean worth of salt to rub in my wounds.
PR:Hey, Clark hasn't really sent Lois to Luthor. I mean she isn;t engaged to him yet.

Clark: shock No, please, never. Never let that happen.

Because he truly believes it and isn't saying it just to flatter her (like he would with Lana).
Thus I was going for the thought that it is true and not flattery.

Clark:Yes, she does not have the resolve to refuse to call me by my name.
See note above about Bob and Bart.
Clark:I am still going to hope this is a little victory. I am trying to find some hope.

Is Bureau 39 really part of the goverment at all?
Unoffically. Like Area 51.
Hmm, Area 51 is actually officially part of the Nevada Test Site, which is without question a government operation. Now, what actually goes on in Area 51, that is another question.

LOIS: Who said I suddenly had to be truthful?
PR:No, Lois we did not say you had to be truthful. We are just glad that you are being mostly truthful with Jimmy.

John Pack Lambert
J
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
J
How?
I was thinking going back to the farm and making sure that the Kryptonite was where Trask would not find it.

John Pack Lambert
J
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
J
First off, they are NOT contemplating killing Thomas to save Clark's identity. WHY wouldn't a farm hand and a reporter hook up? Love has no bounds.
Martha:I was just saying we need to not blow the whole cover to Thomas. He does not associate much with people in town, so its not like he will tell Maisie anything.

Jonathan:"Love has no bounds" whatever. I guess a farm hand and a reporter might marry, but people tend to marry in their class, and reporters things they are above farm hands. Anyway, the big question is how a wandering farm hand in the back country around Smallville met Metropolis's #1 reporter.

Clark:Maybe if Maisie really presses you, tell her I got a job as a bar tender in Metropolis under the alias of Charles King.

John Pack Lambert
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard