#90586 10/23/12 07:47 PM
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Thoughts? Please? laugh

Battle On,
Deadly Chakram

"Being with you is stronger than me alone." ~ Clark Kent

"One little spark of inspiration is at the heart of all creation." ~ Figment the Dragon

#90587 10/23/12 09:06 PM
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Some quick thoughts as I really should be asleep.

hyper Love Martha and Jonathan. I want to adopt them! Clark is SOOOoooo Lucky!

He burnt the tool shed? wave

VirginiaR.
"On the long road, take small steps." -- Jor-el, "The Foundling"
---
"clearly there is a lack of understanding between those two... he speaks Lunkheadanian and she Stubbornanian" -- chelo.
#90588 10/23/12 09:12 PM
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Some quick thoughts as I really should be asleep.
Me too! About to zonk out after I write to you!

Love Martha and Jonathan. I want to adopt them! Clark is SOOOoooo Lucky!
I'm sure they wouldn't mind if you adopted them!

Love Martha and Jonathan. I want to adopt them! Clark is SOOOoooo Lucky!
Yes, yes, and yes (briefly). wink

He can fly! He can fly! He forgot to tell his folks! Naughty, naughty, Clarkie!
Not naughty! He only discovered it that morning while his folks were asleep. laugh

Okay, short and sweet. More tomorrow when I'm awake.
Wahoo!!!! dance

Battle On,
Deadly Chakram

"One little spark of inspiration is at the heart of all creation." ~ Figment the Dragon

#90589 10/24/12 03:36 AM
T
Pulitzer
Online Content
Pulitzer
T
I really like this.

Clark shrugged. "Well...Mom, Dad...I've got some good news and some bad news. The bad news is, The Boulder isn't there anymore. The good news is, you've now got a couple hundred pounds of gravel up in the back field."
The fact that Clark feels free to share his new-found power with his parents is a powerful testimony to the unconditional love they've always shown him. He knows that they'll accept him no matter what strange and marvelous things he can do.

And his bad news/good news way of telling them about his flying tells us that he's more than just comfortable with his family. He trusts them completely, just as he knows they trust him, and he's willing to be completely open about himself with them.

I'm waiting, though, for the other size 39 shoe to drop. Even if Bureau 39 has vanished, they're not gone. They'll show up again, maybe with that vial of glowing green crystal, and crash into Clark's life once again.

I'm curious to know if either Rachel or Lana was a significant part of Clark's high school experience. Did he date either one of them, or was he too shy and too conscious of his alien heritage to allow himself to date girls? Or did they just shun him, despite his obvious football celebrity?

Doesn't matter. This is a very good story, and I'm ready to read the next part as soon as you're ready to post it.

Life isn't a support system for writing. It's the other way around.

- Stephen King, from On Writing
#90590 10/24/12 02:11 PM
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
I'm back. Let's see... Reviewing...

man let the football fly, and Clark was surprised to find himself running after the ball. He easily outpaced it and positioned himself. The ball sailed right into his waiting arms. Clark smiled and tossed it back, carefully reigning in his strength so as not to hurt Jonathan.
8 months later and Clark's already a Pro football player. Nice going, Jonathan! grumble <Don't remind me that I'm in Special Ed for my lack of education, too.>

"I'm scared to touch anything. I'm afraid to touch you and Mom. I'm a disaster waiting to happen. A ticking time bomb. Maybe Trask was right to want to keep me locked up," he finished in a whisper.
Poor Clark. He finally gets love and it makes him self-conscious. He never was worried about these things at B39.

S: Gee, sorry, Jenson. I just tried to shake Jason's hand, I didn't mean to pull off his arm. Do you think Cameron will notice?

JENSON: Nah. We'll stick a band-aid on it.

"What Trask did to you is an unforgivable crime. What he wanted to do with you is monstrous beyond words."
True.

Now, you know me. I'm not one to get preachy. But, I'm a firm believer that we all have gifts and talents. It's how we use them that's the key."
M&J's super power = love. whinging Clark's first instinct is always to run away, even from love.

"Clark Jerome Kent," Martha said, her voice turning sharp. Clark winced to hear his full name used like that. "Don't you even dare to entertain the notion of running away. We're your parents. You're our son. We'll help you get through this."
You rock, Martha! <<whooop, whooop!>>

Who would imagine that I have the vision powers that I do if I'm pretending to be near-sighted?"
Who would imagine ANYONE would have vision powers like he does?

Other than Trask, Tempus, and all others associated with B39.

July 28, 1984
High school graduate!

In just a few short weeks, he would be heading off to college, to study his one true passion, journalism. He was excited, of course, to pursue his dream of one day becoming a reporter. And he was more than ready to play college football. Already, he could hear the roar of the crowd in the brisk fall air, cheering on their favorite team and players.
Guess he's learned control after all.

I was five feet above my bed and floating.
7 foot ceilings?

What am I going to do? How will I hide this from my roommates?
Summer job. Get a single dormroom.

He was just about to give up and head indoors again to get breakfast started when his feet unexpectedly rose off the grass.
So he can fly when he *doesn't* think about it? THAT won't be dangerous.

He felt it, but it did not bother him, though his glasses started to frost over.
This would explain why Clark doesn't fly with his glasses on.

Did he still have blood relatives on Krypton? Was there a sister out there, wondering where her brother was? Was there a brother there, trying to find out what had happened to him? What of his parents? Did they wonder about him? Did they know that he'd survived the trip to Earth, an infant packed away in a tiny spaceship, sent through the endless coldness of space? Did they know he'd crashed on Earth? Had he been stolen from them, sent away by some villain? Or had his parents sent him away? Why? Had they not cared about him? Had they sent him away to escape some evil? Had he been some bizarre type of sacrifice, offered to some unknown god they believed ruled the universe?
It's the not knowing that eats away at you.

And yet, being where he was, hanging in space, looking down on his home, it only hammered in the fact that he was alone. Different. Isolated. An alien.
clap

As he skidded to a halt and entered the house, the delicious odors of his mother's cooking filled his nostrils. He inhaled deeply, committing the smell to memory. Pretty soon, he reminded himself, he'd be forced to eat less than appetizing cafeteria food.
I keep hoping my kids realize how good they have it at home in this respect. So far, not so much.

Clark shrugged. "Well...Mom, Dad...I've got some good news and some bad news. The bad news is, The Boulder isn't there anymore. The good news is, you've now got a couple hundred pounds of gravel up in the back field."
clap We can really see how M&J's love and paitence has made all the difference in the world.

VirginiaR.
"On the long road, take small steps." -- Jor-el, "The Foundling"
---
"clearly there is a lack of understanding between those two... he speaks Lunkheadanian and she Stubbornanian" -- chelo.
#90591 10/24/12 02:35 PM
J
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
J
I am surprised Trask has not tried to kidnap Clark. Of course, I guess he amy have spent some time relocating his operation once he realized S had found allies.

I am wondering where Clark is going to college at. It sounds a little further than somewhere in Kansas, but maybe not.

We were told Lois would show up in the next part. hyper

John Pack Lambert
#90592 10/24/12 03:50 PM
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Cute insight to his growing up and getting used to his abilities.

Clark: “If we can be born in an instant, and die in an instant, why can’t we fall in love in an instant?”

Caroline's "Stardust"
#90593 10/24/12 05:42 PM
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
The fact that Clark feels free to share his new-found power with his parents is a powerful testimony to the unconditional love they've always shown him. He knows that they'll accept him no matter what strange and marvelous things he can do.

And his bad news/good news way of telling them about his flying tells us that he's more than just comfortable with his family. He trusts them completely, just as he knows they trust him, and he's willing to be completely open about himself with them.
Glad you like that. That's exactly what I was hoping to illustrate. And, he's finally in a place where he's comfortable enough to joke about them.

I'm waiting, though, for the other size 39 shoe to drop. Even if Bureau 39 has vanished, they're not gone. They'll show up again, maybe with that vial of glowing green crystal, and crash into Clark's life once again.
You are, of course, right. B39 will never give up looking for him. Just...when? wink

I'm curious to know if either Rachel or Lana was a significant part of Clark's high school experience. Did he date either one of them, or was he too shy and too conscious of his alien heritage to allow himself to date girls? Or did they just shun him, despite his obvious football celebrity?

Doesn't matter. This is a very good story, and I'm ready to read the next part as soon as you're ready to post it.
Thank you. I didn't really want to touch much on the high school years. I had more fun just focusing on more of the personal stuff, instead of his school relationships.

More soon!

Battle On,
Deadly Chakram

#90594 10/24/12 06:19 PM
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Virginia is back!

8 months later and Clark's already a Pro football player. Nice going, Jonathan!
Hehehe! Jonathan should have been a coach!

Sunlight, it does the body good.
Mmmhmm! laugh

<Flashback to Michael's earlier comment about ball passing through Jonathan's chest>
laugh

CLARK: Mmmmmm. Snack. <Must remember to leave some for Mom and Dad this time.>
<wonders about Clark's willpower.>

So much for the lightning quick reflexes there, Clark.

TRASK: Nah. Forget it. This one's defective.
Clark: You mean, all I had to do was mess up and they would have gotten rid of me? <watches as Clark realizes what "getting rid of" means to B39>

At least the bumper stayed on.
<watches bumper crash to ground once Clark puts the car down>

JONATHAN: Yes, son, but you're our freak and we love you.
Awwww! Talk about the WAFFs!

CLARK: <Don't remind me that I'm in Special Ed for my lack of education, too.>
laugh

Poor Clark. He finally gets love and it makes him self-conscious. He never was worried about these things at B39.

S: Gee, sorry, Jenson. I just tried to shake Jason's hand, I didn't mean to pull off his arm. Do you think Cameron will notice?

JENSON: Nah. We'll stick a band-aid on it.
laugh But, yeah, that's exactly what I was going for.

M&J's super power = love.
<nods>

I wondered about this recently as I was watching MoSB during the arrest scene. I'm like, why is Superman breaking all this stuff. He DOESN'T want them to frisk him and find his Clark clothes. He DOESN'T want them to have his fingerprints. Duh.
That's a big part of it, I think. I think the other is that he's just so thrown off that they are actually arresting him.

Can think of lots of other jobs where super strength can come in handy besides "freak".
<nods> Poor guy still has residual Trask-mentality to shake off.

Oh, dear. Clark found Jonathan's collection of vintage Love Fortress Int'l.
rotflol

How'd he get wet? Bringing over a truckload of water from lake... literally?
<points to rain>

Are they going to find more K?
Nah. Not in this one.

The real reason Clark is good as pencil drawings.
Hehehe! That's true.

They're suckers for big brown eyes?
Who wouldn't be?

True, mostly because of the way they treated him.
Yup. Good thing Clark's not a vindictive guy by nature.

Clark's first instinct is always to run away, even from love.
Can't say I blame him, with the way he was raised here.

You rock, Martha! <<whooop, whooop!>>
<Martha high fives you>

Who would imagine ANYONE would have vision powers like he does?

Other than Trask, Tempus, and all others associated with B39.
Exactly those guys. And also, what if he slips and uses the powers and someone notices, but not that it came from him?

High school graduate!
<sticks cap and gown on Clark>

Guess he's learned control after all.
Yup. He's had good teachers.

7 foot ceilings?
Not necessarily. He's not exactly thinking 100% clearly. wink

Summer job. Get a single dormroom.
I actually did consider writing that in.

So he can fly when he *doesn't* think about it? THAT won't be dangerous.
He *does* float a few times in canon without thinking - seeing Lois at Lex's ball comes to mind.

This would explain why Clark doesn't fly with his glasses on.
Precisely! I wanted to play with giving him habits/a personality like our Clark, but for different reasons.

It's the not knowing that eats away at you.
Luckily, he has the globe!

Or worse, put him in loud, brightly colored tights with the underwear on the outside and make him go around and police the world for "free"!
<gasp!> The horrors! <watches Clark zoom off>

And trapped with his chest to his feet stuck underground.
<muffled voice coming from hole in ground>

Clark: Hello? Anyone there? A little help here?

I keep hoping my kids realize how good they have it at home in this respect. So far, not so much.
Well, if it makes you feel better, they will realize it Day One of college. <wink>

Er... Forget something there, Clark?
That was his opening line. wink

Seriously, I love the juxtaposition of this scene after that first one where he was so afraid of his powers. Great job! We can really see how M&J's love and paitence has made all the difference in the world.
Thank you. I was angling for that. Sort of an unfolding of how he's getting more comfortable with himself, his life with his family, everything.

Battle On,
Deadly Chakram

#90595 10/24/12 06:20 PM
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Originally posted by John Lambert:
I am surprised Trask has not tried to kidnap Clark. Of course, I guess he amy have spent some time relocating his operation once he realized S had found allies.

I am wondering where Clark is going to college at. It sounds a little further than somewhere in Kansas, but maybe not.

We were told Lois would show up in the next part. hyper
Trask has no idea where Clark is. You'll find out later that he spends years trying to figure out where Clark got to.

Clark, like the one of canon, is going to MidWestern.

Battle On,
Deadly Chakram

#90596 10/24/12 06:21 PM
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Originally posted by Laurach:
Cute insight to his growing up and getting used to his abilities.
Thank you! Glad you are enjoying it!

Battle On,
Deadly Chakram

#90597 11/01/12 09:07 AM
S
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
S
Hi DC,

Great part! Jonathan is really a wonderful father!

And I specially love the last lines:

wave

Sydney

Non ! non, c’est bien plus beau lorsque c’est inutile !
(Edmond Rostand)
#90598 11/02/12 06:31 PM
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Originally posted by Sydney:
Hi DC,

Great part! Jonathan is really a wonderful father!

And I specially love the last lines:

wave
Hi, Sydney! wave

Thanks so much. Joanthan really is a great guy. Kind of like a big, giant teddy bear. Glad you liked the last line. I was a tad iffy on it myself. smile

Battle On,
Deadly Chakram

#90599 11/03/12 07:28 AM
Boards Chief Administrator
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Catching up, again. Kinda… smile1
"Go long, son," Jonathan said, a grin lighting up his face. "Farther. No, no. Farther."

"You sure, Dad?"

"Absolutely."

"All right..."
/waits for him to go over the cliff/

The man let the football fly, and Clark was surprised to find himself running after the ball.
Awwwww wave Michael

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, our favorite show, life, and more! (It’s almost like the IRC days of old again!)

I go by Michael on the Archives.
#90600 11/05/12 02:14 PM
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Catching up, again. Kinda…
Me too, on the feedback.

/waits for him to go over the cliff/
rotflol

Yeah, right. Brooding teenager who wants to be alone. Like that’s big news.
laugh

How about he keeps repeating that ‘Women are always clothed in public.’
But what if he wanders into a strip club? wink

Lois certainly wouldn’t.
Nope. laugh

Like women’s outer wear?
And fitting room doors in stores.

Can you imagine if he had been in bed with Lana at the time? Also, why did you skip over highschool and Lana and Rachel?
Mostly because they were not important to the story. laugh

PIGEON: Duh!
BLACK RAVEN: Corn. Corn.
WHITE RAVEN: Winter is coming.
BLACK RAVEN: Snow. Snow.
Oops! I heard three horn blasts!

Let’s hope he won’t crash into a plane.
So *that's* why Oceanic Flight 815 went down! Magic island my left foot!

Just like an Emperor’s domain. He’s finally coming into his own, realizing he’s the master of the world.
Cameron: *That's* all it took? Should have thought of that before! rotflol

Wouldn’t it be fun if he ran out of oxygen on the way down, blacked out, crashed, and lost his memory. And when he wakes up, he’s in Metropolis, the Lane’s backyard garden. You know, naked teenager stalking around a garden below the window of a teenaged girl? Ooooh! There’s fun to be had if Daddy owns a gun.
[Linked Image]

Why?
Because he's an evil man who abused a poor kid?

LOIS: I don’t believe it.
Clark: I guess I'll just have to fly her someplace...

And best do it before taking Lois flying.
[Linked Image]

So, gravel in a field is a good thing?
They can sell it for cash. wink

Battle On,
Deadly Chakram

#90601 11/07/12 10:08 AM
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Does that eventually make Lois Iolaus, since he won't kill her?
wave Michael

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, our favorite show, life, and more! (It’s almost like the IRC days of old again!)

I go by Michael on the Archives.
#90602 11/08/12 06:01 PM
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Also, some say that the two where more than just best buds.
laugh This is true! (No, I am not one of them.)

There’s stories out there where Zara gets Lois’s soul. Interestingly enough, I never came across one where Clark got Nor’s.
Now, that's different. Ching get Clark's?

Why would he do that?
Boredom? He heard Lois was undercover at the place?

Which is we are the *E*vil ones.
<nods>

Battle On,
Deadly Chakram

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard