Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
#90426 10/17/12 08:19 PM
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Wrong Place, Wrong Time, Wrong Clark TOC can be found Here

Even though the truth will set us on the correct path, our logical mind (and good-intentioned friends) will convince us it's "wrong". angel-devil

Comments?

Last edited by VirginiaR; 05/19/14 03:26 PM. Reason: Added Link

VirginiaR.
"On the long road, take small steps." -- Jor-el, "The Foundling"
---
"clearly there is a lack of understanding between those two... he speaks Lunkheadanian and she Stubbornanian" -- chelo.
S
Merriwether
Merriwether
S
You love torturing us. Lois is figuring things don't add up but instead of being able to confront him, she's got to rescue him from Trask. I like how you emphasized that this Clark was wrong for this dimension. How the people in Smallville didn't know him. How Lois was convinced that the baby in the grave had been replaced by Clark. (Very touching, BTW). How even under Superman's watch, Lois was shot. Looking forward to more.

Joan

Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Roller coaster say what! (from KC and the sunshine band) But I feel as if I am on one. More more!

Clark: “If we can be born in an instant, and die in an instant, why can’t we fall in love in an instant?”

Caroline's "Stardust"
J
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
J
“Bad reception. I must have heard her wrong, Jimmy,” Perry reassured him, despite having heard Lois clear as a bell.
Well, it is just too unbeliebable to accept.

“I took a chance on you once, Olsen, and I had blurry photos of Lois and Superman on my front page.
Jimmy:Well you probably messed up on your first try.

Send Ralph.”
Has Perry lost his mind?

She didn’t know why finding this grave caused such an over-the-top reaction from her.
She needs to search her memories more deeply.

Instead, all she felt was unending agony as if it were really her boyfriend in that grave.
Well it is.
Lois:Why would my boyfreind by an infant. smile1
Reader:Clark, don't count on it, Lois is more blind than most.
Lois:What do you mean, I am blind?

That man back at the Kents’ farmhouse had stolen the identity of this little beautiful brown haired babe.
If it was that simple than why would the Kents let him in? Especially since Martha clearly knew that it was Clark Kent who had come?

She didn’t know how she knew he had brown hair.
Will it help if more of her memory is jogged. If she remembers that for this person CK=SM?

She didn’t know how she knew that this grave was for a baby. It only had one date on it.
Do most of the tombstones only have one date, or do they generally have 2. If the latter, why is she not more curious about this fact?

except a flash of an image.
hyper she is remembering.

An image that felt real enough to be a memory, only she knew it couldn’t possibly be.
How could she have memories of before she was born? Too bad she was not around to see Herb show up to visit Clark. Of course, that might not have helped at all.

An image of her holding a brown haired baby, wrapped in a navy blanket, and her crying. She loved that baby. She loved that baby with all of her heart and soul. Its death felt as if her soul, which had been whole, had been ripped apart and into shreds with its death.
Lois trust Clark to help you.
Lois:He lied to me about eveytrhing how can I trust him.
Reader:Most things he tells the truth about.
Lois:Yeah right.

The wound from the loss of this infant felt raw and fresh and gaping, as if every one of her nerve endings had been scorched. She felt as if this baby, this Clark Kent, made her whole and he had been stolen away from her.
Well, I am still torn by if it is better for Clark not to see her soon, or if she really needs to see him soon. She needs Clark to confort her, even if she is not about to listen to him.

It didn’t make sense, and she hated feeling confused.
She will go through a lot of that before she moves past it. Hopefully Clark will come clean the next time they can have a good talk, but even if he does, I am not sure she will believe him.

I am Clark Kent.
It is not like Kent is that uncommon of a last name. It could just be a coincidence that there was another Clark Kent. Maybe he really is from somewhere else and made up the Smallville story because he knew there had once been a Clark Kent there. OK, I can see why Lois does not believe this, but if he is prettending to be the dead son of the Kents, why does he hang out in the one place his deception could be seen through?

Either way, she had no idea what Chuck wanted from her. Her love?
Well, at least she understands Clark's motivation. She does not understand his methods though.

Was she really seeing the real Clark Kent, this baby in the grave, or was she seeing a flash of her own future, her own child? Her own child named Clark Kent?
Maybe the answer is both, both Clark Sr. and Clark Jr are coming to her mind. Hmm, except I am not sure how that works since there has not been a Clark Jr. Except we already shattered time, and reverted time, so who knows.

Why would she name a child ‘Clark Kent’?
To give him the same name as his father of course.

Especially now after the name brought her nothing but agony. Despair that he had died. Anguish that someone else would take his name and use it for his own. Fury that she was left to deal with all this mess on her own.
Ah, Lois, you are not alone. I am sure if you confront 'Chuck' he will explain it. Maybe he is posing as Clark Kent to try to catch whoever murdered Clark. Hmm, OK, that won't work becuase his murderer does not exist. Hmm, maybe it is a good thing Clark is not here yet. I was hoping he would find Lois at the cemetary, but I guess no such luck.

“Well, he is and he isn’t,” Lois grumbled.
So much for not turning on Clark until he had a chance to explain himself. I guess though finding the grave has caused Lois to have no more desire to protect Clark. Hmm, will he have to tell Perry who he really is?

“His grave. Apparently, my partner died back in 1966,” Lois informed him.
Perry: hyper Clark has a real friend who can be treusted totally.

“A nickname. Jerome once up-chucked on my shoes.
jawdrop Things are really bad for Clark.

“Be careful. Jerome still isn’t…” super, she wanted to say.
frown I was so hoping she would say it.

We went a whole part without Clark. I guess I was not really hoping for resolution in this part, at least not very much.

Well, I think in the long run Clark is best off right now in this situation. Lois will not let Trask kill him, because she wants to know the truth before strangling him. She will help save him even if she is enraged.

John Pack Lambert
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Joan: Who? What? Me, torture? evil

I like how you emphasized that this Clark was wrong for this dimension. How the people in Smallville didn't know him.
Poor Clark. He feels wrong and unaccepted wherever he goes.

How Lois was convinced that the baby in the grave had been replaced by Clark. (Very touching, BTW)
Thank you. blush

How even under Superman's watch, Lois was shot.
CLARK: I'm never going to live that down, am I?

LOIS: It WASN'T your fault!

CLARK: <points at Joan> See, I'm not the only one who believes it.

Looking forward to more
Tomorrow night, late (or early Sunday morning, as the case may be).

Laura: Glad you're enjoying the ride. Smallville has a few ups and downs along with its twists and turns.

VirginiaR.
---
"clearly there is a lack of understanding between those two... he speaks Lunkheadanian and she Stubbornanian" -- chelo.
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
John: One FDK leads to 2 FDK Responses. Me, and my smilies addiction.
Well, it is just too unbeliebable to accept.
Let’s hope so.
Jimmy:Well you probably messed up on your first try.
PERRY: <Gibbs slap on the back of Jimmy’s head>
Has Perry lost his mind?
Well, Jimmy did say ‘someone new’.
She needs to search her memories more deeply.
That’s the problem. They aren’t accessable memories.
Well it is.
Lois:Why would my boyfreind by an infant.
Reader:Time travel.
Lois:Get out.
Clark:See, she is not going to believe me.
Reader:Your dead.
Clark:No, just the right Clark, I am the wrong Clark.
Lois:You can say that again.
CLARK: dizzy No, I don’t think.

Do most of the tombstones only have one date, or do they generally have 2. If the latter, why is she not more curious about this fact?
Depends. Some (old ones) have just the date died and/or just a name. Then came name, year born, and year died. Modern day, I believe, it’s tradition to have name, full date born, full date died, description (beloved mother, son, etc) and/or message (lived well, died hard). Babies who are still born or die in childbirth would only have one date on a tombstone I would think.

<hyper> she is remembering.
Kind of. Sort of. Not really. It’s more of an image, a feeling, than an actual full memory.

How could she have memories of before she was born? Too bad she was not around to see Herb show up to visit Clark. Of course, that might not have helped at all.
No, I don’t think that would help matters.
LOIS: [Linked Image] So, basically, what you’re saying, Clark, that in a previous version of this life, there was another Clark, my right Clark, who you aren’t, whom I loved, with whom I traveled back in time with the dead sci-fi writer H.G. Wells, but that Clark didn’t survive the journey and is now buried in the Kent family graveyard? Uh-huh. How hard did you hit your head the other night?
Lois trust Clark to help you.
Lois:He lied to me about eveytrhing how can I trust him.
Reader:Most things he tells the truth about.
Lois:Yeah right.
CLARK: I can’t win without losing, can I?

Well, I am still torn by if it is better for Clark not to see her soon, or if she really needs to see him soon. She needs Clark to confort her, even if she is not about to listen to him.
evil

She will go through a lot of that before she moves past it. Hopefully Clark will come clean the next time they can have a good talk, but even if he does, I am not sure she will believe him.
CLARK: I’m going to guess “not”.
LOIS: Why, lookie there, Chuck, you CAN be right.
Evil Writer: [Linked Image]

It is not like Kent is that uncommon of a last name. It could just be a coincidence that there was another Clark Kent. Maybe he really is from somewhere else and made up the Smallville story because he knew there had once been a Clark Kent there.
Hmmmm. Another reader hacking into my harddrive to read ahead. Need to get new security software.

OK, I can see why Lois does not believe this, but if he is prettending to be the dead son of the Kents, why does he hang out in the one place his deception could be seen through?
LOIS: Exactly!

Well, at least she understands Clark's motivation. She does not understand his methods though.
She’s trying to figure out his motivation. Love is the only reason he’s given her, but…
LOIS: But Clark’s a liar. Maybe he’s some psycho out to harvest my brain.
Maybe the answer is both, both Clark Sr. and Clark Jr are coming to her mind. Hmm, except I am not sure how that works since there has not been a Clark Jr. Except we already shattered time, and reverted time, so who knows.
So far, this Lois has only lived through “Noah” or shortly thereafter (that we know about), so I’m guessing she wouldn’t remember a “Clark Jr.”. But SHE doesn’t know that.
To give him the same name as his father of course.
LOIS: But… the real Clark Kent is dead.
CLARK: Hello? What am I chopped liver?
LOIS: As soon as I get my hands on you… yes.
CLARK: eek
Ah, Lois, you are not alone. I am sure if you confront 'Chuck' he will explain it. Maybe he is posing as Clark Kent to try to catch whoever murdered Clark. Hmm, OK, that won't work becuase his murderer does not exist. Hmm, maybe it is a good thing Clark is not here yet. I was hoping he would find Lois at the cemetary, but I guess no such luck.
Nope, I think that’s Ken’s story.
So much for not turning on Clark until he had a chance to explain himself.
She’s not feeling very forgiving at the moment.
I guess though finding the grave has caused Lois to have no more desire to protect Clark. Hmm, will he have to tell Perry who he really is?
Sometimes fury leads one to be irrational.
Perry:At least you know he likes you.
Lois:No, I know he is a liar.
LOIS: How about this? If he wants to be Jerome Lane, he’s more than welcome to that name. I’ll be Lois Kent. He can take my family and I’ll take Martha and Jonathan. That’s a fair trade, right?
CLARK: <clears throat> I know of a better way for you to become Lois Kent.
LOIS: Not in this lifetime.
HERB: Actually…
That is not what he really said. He was really trying to avoid explaining the connection at all, but I guess he failed.
Lois believed she was reading between the lines, unfortunately she read wrong.
Or recognize him at all. This should present a bigger problem to Lois than it is.
Thomas and the Kents know him.
No, not really. Lois is ascribing the motive, he tried to avoid explaining it. Probably because he would be hard pressed to explain it.
Precisely.
LOIS: But he didn’t deny it!
CLARK: Nor did I affirm it.
LOIS: Men!
Too bad they did not meet the Sherrif. If they had and he had not recognized Clark at all Lois would see things as even stranger.
He said he knew Max Harris, but that wouldn’t necessarily mean that Max Harris knew him. We know about well known people in our community without them knowing us.
Maybe they moved away from Smallville just before they died. Has he ever said that they died in Smallville.
Possbily. Nope, he never said.
Well, at least Perry still trusts Clark.
PERRY: Well, lookie there, it’s double box of chocolate time of the month.
LOIS: mad
I see no reason why he would lie about that. The really tough thing is that the most difficult truths for Clark to tell are all rejected as lies by Lois. This is really tearing me up.
She’s venting, trying to find answers, looking at all the possible scenarios.
Lois calm down and be rational. Not going to happen.
Being angry can only last so long.
At least someone is thinking straight.
PERRY: One of the perks of my job.
Lois seems to be able to wipe eveything under the rug as jealousy. If Luthor was the good man she thinks he is, this should make no sense at all.
LOIS: I didn’t say it was acceptable. The super rich have a different definition of proper conduct. I’ve heard of friends whose father’s did background checks on their boyfriends without their knowledge. I lump this under that irrational, inappropriate, but well-meaning conduct.

VirginiaR.
---
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Lie! If she really did not believe him she would not have done any study at all.
Good point. I changed the line. It now reads: Of course not... well, not at first.
Perry:Lois, the more you say, the more it sounds like Clark Kent is really from Smallville.
hyper
At least now she has come to realize a situation where the truth will be the only workable explanation. It is the only one that fits the facts, even if it will be hard for Lois to believe it.
Now, that she’s calmed down somewhat from her rant, she’s trying to make sense of the information she does know.
Well, there is a little hope there. Not much, but a little.
LOIS: How can anyone forget a man with such a hot body?
CLARK: Nope, not much hope. Wait. You think I’m hot? laugh
LOIS: Hot? No, I said “not”, *not* body.
CLARK: Riiiiiiiggggghhhhttt.
Oh no, now Lois will try to find Jeromo Kneto in Italy.
Yep, she’s found a way to bridge the truth and lies into a believeable scenario. clap
Does she also know it was a "world tour" holiday, in that he did not do what he claimed? Since she suspects he has been on earth longer, maybe she always did not believe that story.
No. They never bought the “world tour” excuse.
Things are really bad for Clark.
Yes, either Trask or Lois will kill him. wink
I was so hoping she would say it.
Nope, not THAT kind of Cliffy. Martha isn’t going to out Clark like Tempus did.
We went a whole part without Clark. I guess I was not really hoping for resolution in this part, at least not very much.
But they talked about him the whole time. So, even though he wasn’t there, it was all about him.
Well, I think in the long run Clark is best off right now in this situation. Lois will not let Trask kill him, because she wants to know the truth before strangling him. She will help save him even if she is enraged.
Yep!

VirginiaR.
---
J
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
J
LOIS: How about this? If he wants to be Jerome Lane, he’s more than welcome to that name. I’ll be Lois Kent. He can take my family and I’ll take Martha and Jonathan. That’s a fair trade, right?
CLARK: <clears throat> I know of a better way for you to become Lois Kent.
LOIS: Not in this lifetime.
Clark:Well, Lois, my way required way less paperwork, and judges never overturn it. Your way more often leads to judges putting a break on the name changing plan.

Lois believed she was reading between the lines, unfortunately she read wrong.[/Quote

Probably in large part because Clark "forgot" to explain he was from a different Smallville and shipped off to a different Wichita. OK, I can see why he neglected that part, but it is the source of Lois' confusion.

[Quote]He said he knew Max Harris, but that wouldn’t necessarily mean that Max Harris knew him. We know about well known people in our community without them knowing us.
True, but considering his having been said Sherrif's twin sister's boyfriend, it would seem a bit odd if Max did not recognize him at all.

John Pack Lambert
J
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
J
Actually Martha doesn’t know how many times that Clark has save Lois.
I guess I figured since Martha knows CK=SM, and I assume Lois being saved from being thrown out of Trasks plane and the saving of the space shuttle were public knowledge, Martha would know of at least two occasions that Clark saved Lois.
Martha:I never got to hold a living son.
Lois doesn’t know this.
True, but I can still imagine Martha thinking it. And if she did say this, it would complicate matters. Actually maybe not. Lois might just assume Clark Kent was still-born. She does not know he came on a spaceship. Hmm, and Wrong Clark does not look like the biological child of these people, but he has never claimed biological relationship to them.

Actually, I’ve read a fanfic where Clark was married to Lana without ever telling her (or her finding out). Of course, it helped that she never made him float while making love.
Well, but in that case CK was probably not going around as SM. He has clearly been here. Clark can come up with lame but workable excuses if he is not married to Lois, but I don't think he could cover his sneaking off if married to Lois. Of course, for all Jonathan knowns Jerome Lane married Lois long before the start of his time as a public SM, so I guess that might explaing it.

John Pack Lambert
J
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
J
He did tell Cat. He also told the Kents that Kal-El (the baby from the spaceship) was the last son of Krypton. So, he told them about his planet too.
So they do know Krypton is no more. Hmm.
They don’t know about the time-travel though.
I was going with, they can tell Clark is x age. I am not sure they really could deduce his age, but if they could, they would assume he was born in 1962 or so.

John Pack Lambert
S
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
S
Hi Virginia,

It's a good thing that I'm trying to catch up: I juste read Part 52 and I can immediately read Part 53! hyper

Send Ralph.”
Not a good idea, Perry.

“You’re kidding, Chief. Right? Lois will kill him,” Jimmy said
Exactly!

Was that what happened to Kent?
wave

Sydney

Non ! non, c’est bien plus beau lorsque c’est inutile !
(Edmond Rostand)
Boards Chief Administrator
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Oh dear. Just when I thought I’d get a chance to catch up smile1

Yes, fury! She understood and knew what to do with that emotion.
[Linked Image] Kill. Kill. Kill.

“Don’t worry, honey, I’ll take care of that wrong Clark. I’ll protect you.”
Oh boy.

“Well, he is and he isn’t,” Lois grumbled.
So, dead to her, then?

“His grave. Apparently, my partner died back in 1966,” Lois informed him.
He smells awfully fresh for that.

“I thought we discussed this, Lois. You were to only go to Kansas to work on the EPA versus the farmer’s land rights issue, not to dig into your partner’s past.”
He’s new to the Daily Planet, isn’t he? Or is Lois the recent hire? Hmm…No, it must be Perry. He was previously dealing in roadside remains and scored a wee-big city job because of his uncle’s brother’s mother’s liaison with the son of the father of one of the Daily Planet’s board members.

they thought he should have a special birthday too. Blah, blah, blah! Lies! All lies,” she shouted into the sky.
No, he *is* special. And so smart! They’re even allowing him to use utensils with his food these days.

“Lois, dear, you sound a bit angry.
Bit? *Bit*?

“Excuse me?" Perry interrupted, his voice tipping over the edge. "Why was Lex Luthor, billionaire philanthropist, running a background check on one of my reporters?”
So he can extort him as a mole?

“Lois,” Perry said in that way he did when he wanted her to listen, instead of talk. “And you believed him?”
Duh! He’s Lex *Luthor*! He won Darn Nicest Guy in the City three years in a row.

I thought Lex was trying to get into my pants,
Hence why she should stick to wearing short skirts instead.

I did my own searches. Do you know what I found? Nothing! Just as Lex told me I’d find.
What if Lex poisoned all the wells during his search?

When my search went dry, I started pumping Chuck for information, and we all know what a fountain of information that man isn’t,” Lois said with a scoff.
*That’s* what she was trying to do that night during the spaghetti incident!

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, our favorite show, life, and more! (It’s almost like the IRC days of old again!)

I go by Michael on the Archives.
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
“So, to make a long story short, Kent’s still alive?” Perry asked.
So Perry knows whether he needs to talk to HR.

“For the moment, the man whom you and I know as Clark Kent, is still alive.
drool ? hyper ? [Linked Image] ?

Jonathan looked at her with love, trying to buy her forgiveness. “You don’t think he could be related to my Uncle Jerome, do you? You know the one, who died in Italy during World War Two?”
Huh? I remember some story about that but what is Jonathan up to?

“I didn’t tell her anything, Martha. I just made a suggestion,” Jonathan said in his defense.
Red fish?

“Now, you’re going to have her hunting through Italy for a Jerome Kent, or a Clark Jerome Kent, or a Jerome whatever!
Mission accomplished.

and you need to tell that investigative reporter in our kitchen that Jerome isn’t some unregistered alien from Italy.”
rotflol

Martha opened the door to find Lois leaning up against the counter, innocently eating another cookie.
So, she listened at the door? Also, adorable!

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, our favorite show, life, and more! (It’s almost like the IRC days of old again!)

Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Before we met up again, I saw him being led into the tents by a group of men at gunpoint.
Oops?

“Forgive himself,” Lois grumbled, rolling her eyes. “He never forgave himself the last time I got shot.”
wave Michael

Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Originally posted by John Lambert:
Clark:Well, Lois, my way required way less paperwork, and judges never overturn it. Your way more often leads to judges putting a break on the name changing plan.
LOIS: Oh, so you want to do this legally now?

True, but considering his having been said Sherrif's twin sister's boyfriend, it would seem a bit odd if Max did not recognize him at all.
It's been over 10 years, it's possible that Max wouldn't remember him or that Clark's looks have matured that Max wouldn't recognize him.

I guess I figured since Martha knows CK=SM, and I assume Lois being saved from being thrown out of Trasks plane and the saving of the space shuttle were public knowledge, Martha would know of at least two occasions that Clark saved Lois.
[Linked Image]Okay, this is where I face-palm and say, Duh! Right?

True, but I can still imagine Martha thinking it. And if she did say this, it would complicate matters. Actually maybe not. Lois might just assume Clark Kent was still-born.She does not know he came on a spaceship.
Yep.

Hmm, and Wrong Clark does not look like the biological child of these people, but he has never claimed biological relationship to them.
Hmmmm. Maybe Martha had an affair. Nah! No, Clark told Lois flat out that he doesn't share any blood with the Kent family.

Well, but in that case CK was probably not going around as SM. He has clearly been here. Clark can come up with lame but workable excuses if he is not married to Lois, but I don't think he could cover his sneaking off if married to Lois. Of course, for all Jonathan knowns Jerome Lane married Lois long before the start of his time as a public SM, so I guess that might explaing it.
You know, it's been a long time since I read it, so I'm thinking not. I believe he became Superman after he and Lana split (or, technically, Lana split). Or was it after he got together with Lois? huh

So they do know Krypton is no more. Hmm.
Lying to Lois got him into enough trouble, he now knows better than to try it with the Kents any longer.

I was going with, they can tell Clark is x age. I am not sure they really could deduce his age, but if they could, they would assume he was born in 1962 or so.
Does a 31 year old man look all that different from a 27 year old? I'm thinking not enough for them to guess his age accurately, to the year.

VirginiaR.
---
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Sydney: Sorry for the delay on the response, but I wanted to get some writing in. hyper 63 is half-completed, now.

It's a good thing that I'm trying to catch up: I juste read Part 52 and I can immediately read Part 53!
I'm glad you're excited. laugh

Not a good idea, Perry.
But Jimmy DID suggest he send someone new! sad

MARTHA: <Wild guys on parade>
Yes, she was angry at Jonathan for trying to send Lois on a wild goose chase (off to find something they both knew she wouldn't find).

I LOVE Martha!
Yes, I still want to adopt her as my children's grandmother. I wonder how K Callan feels about us all loving her portrayal of the perfect Martha. <<proud, I hope>>

CLARK: Yes, but I don't have them because of some kryptonite.

THOAMS: confused
THOMAS: (Continued) Then how did you hear what I said from all the way over at the tent city at my house? wink

VirginiaR.
---
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Michael: I haven't forgotten, just spacing out my responses so you have something new to read while trying not to read my new parts. wink

Oh dear. Just when I thought I’d get a chance to catch up
As soon as I catch up, I'm posting another part. smile1 <minor victories, I take them where I can get them>

Nah, with all the Indulgences going on, the devil is hard pressed for souls these days. Also, he thinks that Clark can deliver him Lex Luthor.
LEX: Deliver, ha! I've already pre-booked my flight. Private jet. <do you think he'll realize it's a clone before it's too long?>

Uuuummm…that would have been *awkward*.
She's trying to make sense of images and feelings without memories using logic.

They have a gene therapy for that now. It requires the uuuu absorption of Kryptonian genetic material.
LOIS: Superman! hyper Okay, sign me up!

CLARK: [Linked Image]

Well…considering her husband would the one who brings in the big awards, it would be the logical choice. She’d just have to make sure to disinfect him before the conjugal rights commence.
LOIS: Don't worry, honey, this bleach only stings a little bit.

She could have taken a trip to the Midwest and dropped them off in front of a small farm owned by a childless couple.
CLARK: Er... what are we doing in Smallville?

LOIS: We're visiting my Mom and Dad.

MARTHA & JONATHAN ENTER.

LOIS: This is my mom and dad. Martha and Jonathan Lane.

CLARK: thud

Marry Clark and follow his footsteps?
LOIS: Marry Superman and spend weekends in Tahiti?

CLARK: Okay, now she's tempting me.

Probably a good thing. The poor dear would be a nervous and coffee and chocolate addicted wreck by the time she got to middle school. And then CPS would step in and it would all be a huge ugly mess.
LOIS: Thanks, I needed that wake-up call. Clark! Never mind.

CLARK: Forget? What?! What did I just miss?

/Asks Lucy to buy Lois a cat for her next birthday/
What Lucy hears: Set up a date for Lois and Cat for her next birthday.
LUCY: Well, that explains a lot. Can I have Clark, then?

LOIS: Be my.... NO!

TBC...

VirginiaR.
---
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
FDK - Continued....

/whispers/ Not to raise him. The grown-up version though...
CAT: And she calls me a cradle robber.

<mean devil> Kill. Kill. Kill.
LOIS: [Linked Image]

So, dead to her, then?
Pretty much. Until she catches him, then dead to everyone else too.

He smells awfully fresh for that.
<chuckle>

He’s new to the Daily Planet, isn’t he? Or is Lois the recent hire? Hmm…No, it must be Perry. He was previously dealing in roadside remains and scored a wee-big city job because of his uncle’s brother’s mother’s liaison with the son of the father of one of the Daily Planet’s board members.
PERRY: Lois would investigate my cat, if I told her he came home with a canary in his mouth last week. I take half of what she says with a grain of salt.

No, he *is* special. And so smart! They’re even allowing him to use utensils with his food these days.
LOIS: So, he's just been let out of prison. Got it!

Bit? *Bit*?
Perry, the king of understatement.

PERRY: wave

VirginiaR.
---
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
John: Per your comment on Part 47's FDK...

Lois did think about Lex in part 53, so we did not have a lex reprive as long as promised. Still, it was way, way less thinking about Lex than Clark, even if we only look at those positive things she thought of Clark in that part, which are not many, so I really can't complain.
I wrote that comment about Lex prior to posting Part 53. Before I post, I relook over the part and sometimes add stuff at the last minute. That line about Lex, actually that whole "was she attracted to bad boys vs. good guys" section, was added at the last minute. Oooops. That wasn't Part 53. Which part was it again? 52?

I also forgot that she mentions Lex to Perry, when I wrote that Lex isn't a blip on Lois's radar during Smallville. My apologies. I'm not perfect. wink But in the grand scheme of things, Lex might as well be a dust particle on the radar screen for as much as she thinks of him during the Smallville arc. (is that better?)

I knew someone was going to remember I said that. clap

VirginiaR.
---
J
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
J
PERRY: Oh, okay. That explains it.
PERRY: Kent lied about being alive? Don't tell me I hired another zombie.[/Quote]

Another zombie? Has he highered them before?

JIMBO: Actually, not me. I've got a date with this hot chick named Mindy. She's in nursing school. She helped me find the computer science building when I got lost one day. She's really handy whenever I have a headache. laugh
Is Mindy not a gold digger yet? Or does she see Jimbo's potential to become a doc com millionaire as he did in AU. Oh, maybe Mindy will steal control of his computer startup, forcing Jimbo to take a low level job at the "Daily Planet".

John Pack Lambert
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard