Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3
Boards Chief Administrator
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Michael: [Hyper] It must be the weekend!
[Linked Image]

Kind-of sort of, not really. I think the part you're looking for is #54.
[Linked Image]

Um... technically... it started with the bounce, then lead to that.
True. Then again, Lois bounced into the office, or onto him, in Alt-Clark’s case.

LOIS: Well, this explains why you don't have a past, but you do realize that everyone in Smallville now knows I'm married to Superman, right?

CLARK:
wave Michael

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, our favorite show, life, and more! (It’s almost like the IRC days of old again!)

I go by Michael on the Archives.
J
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
J
Yes, there are many French originated words in the English language, most of which I have to spell check, because I'm constantly misspelling them. laugh faux pas, rendezvous, derrière. Of course, this means nothing, because I often misspell words in English as well. blush
Fiance and fiancee are the ones that comes to my mind the fastest. They also are among the few that are generally differentiated by gender in the French manner.

Intellectual historians love to use French terms for all sources of things. At times I think it gets excessive.

John Pack Lambert
J
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
J
but with the actors speaking French (do you use the word "doublage"?).
In English this is generally refered to as dubbing. If I remember correctly in "Just Say Noah" Lois makes a comment about this being done very poorly on Japanese films.

John Pack Lambert
J
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
J
In Portuguese was made this same mistake. laugh I just found out when I got to read the scripts. It didn't make sense that Lois would want a teddy bear in her honeymoon, but it was what aired. lol
Actually what would not make sense would be Clark's extremely fast and enthusiastic getting of the bag with that item.

The teddy comes up again in either "Faster than a Speeding Vixen" or "Shadows of the Past", when they are packing to go to the news conference and Clark says he has room for it in his bag even if Lois doesn't.

John Pack Lambert
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Originally posted by Sydney:
Good choice, Virginia! laugh
What can I say? I'm a sucker for good professors and the best was an Ancient Greek prof. wink

Ketchup? With salad? Certainly not a French dish!
laugh No, I don't think so.

No problem, Virginia. I'll write in English. Or at least, I'll try to: sorry for the mistakes. blush
Trust me, you make less English mistakes than I do, and it's my native tongue. laugh

And speaking of mistakes, the funniest mistake I ever saw was in the French translation of the show L&C.
In Soul Mates (I think), Lois speaks about the black teddy Clark bought her. The translator was certainly tired, VERY tired because we sometimes use the English word "teddy" fot this sort of lingerie. And he translated it with the word "nounours".... and this word means "teddy bear"!

So, I thought that it was the black and white teddy bear that Clark won for Lois in Smallville. Sure, I was a little surprised: why did Lois want this teddy bear for her wedding night. It was cute, but....
rotflol rotflol rotflol

Well, LnC were going to have a much more innocent honeymoon than we were led to believe. wink

Clearly the dubbers weren't watching the show or they'd have said something about the error.

VirginiaR.
"On the long road, take small steps." -- Jor-el, "The Foundling"
---
"clearly there is a lack of understanding between those two... he speaks Lunkheadanian and she Stubbornanian" -- chelo.
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Originally posted by Ultra Woman:
In Portuguese was made this same mistake. laugh I just found out when I got to read the scripts. It didn't make sense that Lois would want a teddy bear in her honeymoon, but it was what aired. lol

At least we're not alone in the mistakes department. blush
The same mistake in two languages?? Hmmmm. I'm thinking that the mistake must have originated back in Hollywood.

VirginiaR.
---
"clearly there is a lack of understanding between those two... he speaks Lunkheadanian and she Stubbornanian" -- chelo.
S
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
S
Trust me, you make less English mistakes than I do, and it's my native tongue.
Thanks, Virginia! blush

Sydney

Non ! non, c’est bien plus beau lorsque c’est inutile !
(Edmond Rostand)
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Originally posted by Darth Michael:
True. Then again, Lois bounced into the office, or onto him, in Alt-Clark’s case.
CLARK: What can I say? I like girls who bounce. laugh

EW: But, technically, THAT Walt didn't rape Rachel, or he'd already be dead.

ER: Aren’t those details?
Are they? Sorry, your honor, that should have read "alledgedly raped Rachel". Also, as far as Clark knows Walt is still alive and kicking in alt-dimension.

You know, I actually deleted that one again before posting *G*
clap

And he couldn’t believe who’d win the next World Series.
clap The phrase you’re looking for is ‘I was wrong’ wink </font><hr /></blockquote><font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">LOIS: About Ralph, I'm NEVER wrong.

Dumped him too quickly, huh?
LANA: He was CHEATING on me with that brunette skank!

Long time since. Tired. Stuff…
Well, let's see if you notice... well, I won't say anymore. Nobody else caught it either, not even my Betas. We'll see. evil

Yeah, those things are bad. I own a Return of the Jedi novelization where they did a literal translation of Yoda's 'there's another Sky...Sky...Skywalker'. Not funny.
Sounds hilarious! rotflol

LUKE: Crazy old Jedi, why is he talking to me about the sky?

VirginiaR.
---
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Originally posted by John Lambert:
Actually what would not make sense would be Clark's extremely fast and enthusiastic getting of the bag with that item.
Lois wouldn't go to bed without her Clarkie bear? clap

VirginiaR.
---
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
CLARK: What can I say? I like girls who bounce.
/watches as Clark gets distracted by the Baywatch opening credits/

quote: EW: But, technically, THAT Walt didn't rape Rachel, or he'd already be dead.

ER: Aren’t those details?

Are they? Sorry, your honor, that should have read "alledgedly raped Rachel". Also, as far as Clark knows Walt is still alive and kicking in alt-dimension.
No, I meant who cares if he did it. He’s still a bad guy and works great as target practice.

quote:HANK: What? It’s better than not have her at all.

CLARK: That's debateable.
Yah yah yah, Mr. Big City Buck Shot. Out here in the boonies, we take what we can get into our beds.

Wow. That's some friend.
RACHEL: I would think so. And yet, I never got chocolate’s form him on subsequent Valentine’s Days.

quote: Throws condom onto bed and locks Lois and Clark in bedroom. Only one way to find out [Evil]

Nine months later, Lois is released and arrested for the disappearance of fameous FDKer.
wave Michael

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, our favorite show, life, and more! (It’s almost like the IRC days of old again!)

Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
/watches as Clark gets distracted by the Baywatch opening credits/
clap CLARK: <clearly distracted> What's that, honey? <listens with half an ear> The world's being attacked by another asteroid. But... but... but... Baywatch is on!

No, I meant who cares if he did it. He’s still a bad guy and works great as target practice.
CLARK: [Linked Image]

Yah yah yah, Mr. Big City Buck Shot. Out here in the boonies, we take what we can get into our beds.
CLARK: <looking skeptical> You're saying you prefer stick figure modeling types with eating disorders and no intelligence to curvey women with fire and wit? <shrugs> No accounting for taste.

RACHEL: I would think so. And yet, I never got chocolate’s form him on subsequent Valentine’s Days.
CLARK: You joined the army and MOVED away! There was almost 6 billion people on the planet and you expected me to find you by Valentine's Day with no forwarding address, not skipping a class, or missing a practice or deadline?

RACHEL: And you call yourself an investigative reporter?

rotflol Just, why would she wait nine months, except to make the connection easier to grasp, of course wink
Pretty much.

I thought he just went for bitcas, which is why he’s only friends with Rachel?
RACHEL: Why, thank you, kind, sir. Of course, I wouldn't have survived 8 years in the Army without some form of backbone. rotflol on the teddy stuff.</font><hr /></blockquote><font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">I agree. rotflol

VirginiaR.
---
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
CLARK: <clearly distracted> What's that, honey? <listens with half an ear> The world's being attacked by another asteroid. But... but... but... Baywatch is on!
wave Michael

Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
LOIS: Fine. <pops tape in and hits record> No, *go*!
CLARK: Yep, she's the smart one.

quote: No, I meant who cares if he did it. He’s still a bad guy and works great as target practice.

CLARK: <intrigued by flawless logic>
laugh

He wants a woman to match his own intellect?
Clark or Hank?

LOIS: And that’s what I’m saddled with…
CLARK: Will you two stop bashing my intelligence?

VirginiaR.
---
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
CLARK: Yep, she's the smart one.
LOIS: [Linked Image] Also, the pretty one. He’s really only handy when it comes to cooking and cleaning.

quote: He wants a woman to match his own intellect?

Clark or Hank?
Hank.

quote: LOIS: And that’s what I’m saddled with…

LOIS&RACHEL: Why? confused

wave Michael

Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
LOIS: [Linked Image]Also, the pretty one. He’s really only handy when it comes to cooking and cleaning.
CLARK: Really? That's it? I'm not good in any other room of the apartment? mecry

LOIS: And that’s what I’m saddled with…

LOIS&RACHEL: Why? confused
CLARK: wallbash

VirginiaR.
---
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
CLARK: Really? That's it? I'm not good in any other room of the apartment? [Mecry]
LOIS: So far, no. And boy, have I been *trying* to use him.

wave Michael

Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
CLARK: Really? That's it? I'm not good in any other room of the apartment? [Mecry]
LOIS: So far, no. And boy, have I been *trying* to use him.
clap

VirginiaR.
---
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard