Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3
#90333 10/15/12 06:55 AM
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Wrong Place, Wrong Time, Wrong Clark TOC can be found Here

Sorry about the late posting. I'll try to catch up on the FDK from 51 sometime today.

Does this trickle of information clarify matters or make you (and/or Lois) more confused? evil

Part 53 should post as usual late Wed/early Thursday.

Last edited by VirginiaR; 05/19/14 03:28 PM. Reason: Added Link

VirginiaR.
"On the long road, take small steps." -- Jor-el, "The Foundling"
---
"clearly there is a lack of understanding between those two... he speaks Lunkheadanian and she Stubbornanian" -- chelo.
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Clark Kent – 5-17-66.
Wow! This was a bomb chapter! And what a powerful ending. hyper

Andreia

"My wife's love is what unites Krypton and Earth in my heart. Without it, without her, I truly would be in hell."

~ Superman: Man of Tomorrow #15
J
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
J
True, by the time Clark had met Lois, he had fallen out of love with Lana and felt himself trapped in a cage unable to escape.
frown for Clark. He lacked the resolve Martha and Jonathan gave canon Clark.

Had he only fallen for Lois because she unlocked his potential and set him free?
That was probably a factor, but not the factor.

He glanced back to where he had last seen Lois and felt that familiar tug at his heart. No, it had been more than gratitude.
Of course there is physical attraction. How could any man not be physically attracted to Lois?

There was just something about Lois that made it easier to breathe.
With the amount of trouble she gets herself into isn't it often harder to breath. dance Lois touched me, dance

“Jerome bumped his head last night,” Lois said, raising her hand to his face. “I knew we should’ve had you checked for concussion.”[Quote]

Lois is actualy right, she just does not yet know what caused him to collapse and bump his head.

[Quote]“I’m sorry. This is my husband, Jerome Lane. He’s kind of my guide for these parts. He spent some time here when he was younger,” Lois clarified, wrapping her arm around his waist.
Clark: dance Lois touches me more.

Clark knew she was only playing the part he had assigned her, but her touch helped soothe the turmoil inside of him.
Clark: Even better, she has toned down on the estranged wife Act.
Lois:Clark, just because I don't want everyone to know I am your estranged wife, does not mean we are going to share a bed.
Clark:I am taking little victories for now.
Lois:Well, those are the only ones you will get.

“I thought you called him ‘Chuck’?” Hank said, his brow furrowing.
Lois really does need to come up with a better cover story.

He held out his hand to Hank. “Sorry. Charles Jerome Lane.”
Well, I am not sure if this fully explains why Lois calls her "husband" both Jerome and Chuck. At least she did not also call him Clark at some point, then he would have to introduce himself as Charles Clark Jerome Lane. I guess since Lana and Hank probably do not know Mrs. Kent's maiden name it would not be too bad in that case.

John Pack Lambert
J
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
J
“I told the sheriff at the time, old Sheriff Tinney, that I thought Max was full of crap… excuse my French. Since they were both dead from the car accident, the coroner said it would be wrong to check Rachel’s body for such a… Are you sure you’re all right?” he said to Clark.
So do they know that Rachel had sex with Walt, or do they just assume such based on some other things?

“Background,” Lois said vaguely. She squeezed the arm that was around his waist. “Jerome?”
It is possible the EPA were brought in by Sherrif Harris to fulfill his grudge against the Irig family and run them out of town for good.

“If you’ve got something catching, I don’t want you anywhere near Baby Lanelle,” she said, taking another step away from him.
Well, Lana seems to remain insensiutive as always. This man is dealing with the anguish of hearing of a death, not some physical ailment. I do not think I will ever like Lana.

“I’ll get you a soda,” she said, and patted his arm. “Are you sure you’re okay?”
Will Clark drink a soda? Arn't they chalk full of sugar, and thus will remind him of his parents' death?

After that summer he and Rachel and made love, he had even considered himself half in love with her[Quote]

Shouldn't it be "had made love" not "and made love"?

[Quote]In the letter, Rachel reassured him that they would always be friends and apologized for not sending the letter to him at school,
Well, at least twice-orphansed, bounced around Clark has a friend, even if she went away.

Rachel would have contacted him as Kansas State if some unforeseen development
Shouln't that be "at Kansas State"?

He had reassured her that he would marry her if she had become pregnant during their experimenting. Anyway, they had used precautions. Of course, since this was him, that didn’t necessarily mean anything.
Hmm, another reason Clark should not have sex with a women before he tells her his secret. Maybe this is how the events at the Metro Club should have gone down
Lois:I don't have prtection on me, do you.
Clark:Lois, I don't think protection will work with me. There is something I need to tell you. I'm Superman.

Hmm, no maybe that would not have been the best course either.

with the Army as a M.P.
I think it should be "an M.P." unless you pronounce it MiP and do not say the letter.

Max had then crashed the truck, and ‘borrowed’
Plain speak: stolen, in that he did not ask permission.

Would she have accepted his super status with all the enthusiasm of Lois or shut it away like Lana?
My guess is her reaction would have been more like Lois. Of course Lois never had to confront finding out her boyfriend had abilities she had no clue existed. There is a big difference between finding out your boyfriend/work partner/whatever he is exactly at the time is the man who can fly, start fires with his eyes etc. and finding out that your boyfriend can fly, start fires with his eyes etc. when you did not know that such powers even existed.

Those who do write about Lois finding out Clark has such abilities before the world knows they exist seem to assume she would react more positively to the situation than Lana did but this Clark has no comparison.

Lois is of course in love with Superman, but he knows it will be hard if he ever tells her that he is Superman, although for slightly different reasons. The first Lois he met had a very different reaction. For one thing both Lois know that it is possible for Clark to use his powers and maintain a secret identity. The fact that they get fooled may be galling, but it shows that using the powers does not lead to being disected as a frog.

Hank glanced around and lowered his voice. “Unfortunately.”
Well, at least Clark has found someone who holds a similar opinion of Sherrif Harris.

This Clark has been bounced between more foster homes than I ever imagined, at least 5, probably more. Have you ever figured out how many foster homes he was in, or is it a large but not ever determined number?

Lois returned with a lemon-lime soda for Clark, and he took a sip.
Inner Lois voice (ILV): dance I got him to consume artificial sugar. Maybe I can have a chocolate wedding cake yet.
Lois:We are not thinking about a wedding with Clark Jerome "the liar" Kent.
ILV:Maybe you arn't thinking of such, but I am.

Ah, Mr. Lang helped out his son-in-law. That would have been a first. Not that Clark had ever wanted Mr. Lang’s assistance.
Well, when you hold a shotgun wedding, you don;t want you daughter to starve. Yes, I read ahead, so am using knowledge learned from later.

“I’m still blacklisted because I had been Walt’s best friend.”
Or is Sherrif Harris mad because he knows Hank has been covering up for Walt cheating on his sister the night of his death. Lots of people probably suspect it is odd that Barbara looks so much like her namesake, Barbara Irig, who she is not even related to, at least according to the birth certificate and all.

John Pack Lambert
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Well, I am not sure if this fully explains why Lois calls her "husband" both Jerome and Chuck. At least she did not also call him Clark at some point, then he would have to introduce himself as Charles Clark Jerome Lane.
I was thinking about it. The problem about lie is that you have to come up with another lies to keep up the first one. It's a snowball, once you start it, you don't know how to stop it. sad At some point his name would be Charles Clark Jerome Kent Lane. wallbash

"My wife's love is what unites Krypton and Earth in my heart. Without it, without her, I truly would be in hell."

~ Superman: Man of Tomorrow #15
J
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
J
I went back to try to figure out what Hank's last name is, but I can't seem to find it anywhere. Have we ever been told his last name?

“I’m holding the baby, Barbie. Watch it!” Lana snapped, stepping away.

“Mama, Sarah Small asked if I could go on the rides with her, and then spend the night. Can I?” the girl asked.
I did not realize how bizarre it was that they had named this daughter Barbara until doing the FDK.

“Thanks, Daddy,” the girl gushed, kissing his cheek.
So is Lana continuing her lieing ways, or what? Since Hank is clearly not the girl's real dad. Of course, I am not sure I blame them for not telling her. Of course, the big question is, does Hank know? If Lana slept with him the day after prom, and he has never seen pictures of young Barbara later Irig, maybe he does not suspect that he is not the father.

Clark looked at Lana, and then at Hank, and then back at Lana. “When’s her birthday? 1985? February?” he hazarded a guess. Lana didn’t scare him anymore, now that he knew the truth.
Yes, Clark has called her out on her lies.

Lana’s eyes widened as she glared at Clark. “You have no idea what you’re talking about, stranger,” she growled, turning on her heel and marching off in the same direction her husband and child went off in.
Any doubt that Clark had has no been confirmed.

Clark glanced around. Maisie was across the barbeque area from them. “Barbie is Wayne’s granddaughter,”
Up until this point I had just thought that Lana was enraged that Clark was calling her out for having sex on prom night. I did not until this point realize he was calling her out for cheating on her prom date.

Lana probably told Walt that she was going to the prom with Hank, because he was quarterback; she was more likely to win prom queen with him than Walt.” He sighed, standing up. “Lana was all about the tiara in those days.”

“How do you know all of this?” Lois asked. “They don’t even know who you are.”[Quote]

How is he going to explain this.

[Quote]He held her gaze a moment. “Just because some people are invisible doesn’t mean that they’re not there,” he replied, turning in the direction of the car. “Let’s go. I’d like to talk to the Kents about this.”
Well, it is a believable enough line. However it is not 100% true. Although, Lana did often treat him as if he was invisible, so it is not a total lie either.

Clark’s eyes dimmed. “The first person who saw me,” he whispered, and then cleared his throat. “My best friend.” That didn’t quite capture what Rachel had meant to him. “The first girl I…” His eyes closed with a wince. “— ever loved.”[Quote]

All true. Maybe he should have said "made love with". I am not sure it would have hurt too much. Well, except the fact that he made love with her at a point after she died in this universe, so it is porbably best not to mention that, especially if she was raped on prom night, because she was probably a virgin before that.

[Quote]True, he did tell her about his relationship with that Rachel girl, after she pried it out of him.
He is making progress.

“And I wasn’t here when it happened,”
100% true.

he said painfully as if it had happened because he wasn’t there, which was ridiculous.
Except it is also at least partly true.

“There isn’t anything to tell about me and that woman, Lois,” he said. “I was just surprised to see someone I hadn’t seen in a long time, that’s all.”
True, but not 100% true. Of course, since she has now been married 7 or so years, it would be pretty hard to explain his relationship to her alternate personaility.

I guess at this point, with Clark still suffering from Kryptonite poisoning, it would be very difficult for him to convince Lois of the truth. I am not sure it would be impossible, but it would be pretty hard. Once he gets his power back, it will be potentially easy, although still emotionally very scary.

“Well, I never kissed Walt,”
Good point.

“It did shock me, Lois, but I heard he had died a while back, just not the details.”
Thus, he has no shock he is dead, because he knew he was dead. Just not that Rachel had died at the same time.

“I’ve just been coming straight to the Kent Farm,” he explained.
100% true. I was expecting he to ask the both much tougher and harder to explain question, how he managed to visit Smallville so often. I guess he and the Kents have been vague enough that she does not yet suspect how frequent his visits have been.

Terrific. She hoped Clark could still contact Superman over long distances.
Actually, it is impossible for Clark to contact Superman over long distances, since he cannot be at a long distance. If she knew about Kryptonite she would be really scared now.

“Good!” she snapped. He should apologize. “You ready to tell me who you are now?”
Well, she is nothing if not persistent.

I am not sure why Lois assumes she must either be attracted to bad or to good. First off, it is possible to be attracted to both. Secondly, it is odd to assume your being attracted to someone sees through the disguises they put out. Thirdly it seems odd that even if the first two are true, you would be attracted to all people of a certain type. So, trying to determine Luthor's true character from her lack of attraction to him just seems odd.

Upon returning downstairs, she could hear Clark talking with the Kents about what happened with the Harrises after Rachel’s death.
Shouldn't she see how proficient Clark is in this discussion to judge if he is really from Kansas? Also, maybe if she stays and keeps close to him he will drop more clues about the truth.

The fact that this Clark Kent seemed not have a past was puzzling, and more than a bit disturbing, but hopefully easily explained when, and if, Clark ever felt reassured enough to tell her.
Maybe it will help if she gives him no option but telling her the truth. Of course, at the moment he will be really hard pressed to tell her the truth. Although, if she asks Martha, she might get Martha to tell her some things.

“Clark is dead!” she sobbed, dropping the phone and burying her face into her hands.
Is she telling this to Perry or just to herself. Hopefully it does not also happen to Wrong Clark at this point, but I am getting worried.

So is she going to share this info with Clark? Is he going to find her there?

Hmm, it is not looking good for Clark. It is looking worse for Lois. I am trying to not loose all hope, but it is a tough battle.

Of course part of me wants her to get her Clark back, but he is totally dead, so that seems a bit hard.

Hmm, except, since Wrong Clark saved the Space Shuttle, at least one of the needed precedents to the birth of Tempus is in place. Hmm, however that might not be enough to have recreated Tempus. This will be a hard Clark to save, and will Wrong Clark be willing to do it. I guess we shall see.

John Pack Lambert
J
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
J
Originally posted by Ultra Woman:
Well, I am not sure if this fully explains why Lois calls her "husband" both Jerome and Chuck. At least she did not also call him Clark at some point, then he would have to introduce himself as Charles Clark Jerome Lane.
I was thinking about it. The problem about lie is that you have to come up with another lies to keep up the first one. It's a snowball, once you start it, you don't know how to stop it. sad At some point his name would be Charles Clark Jerome Kent Lane. wallbash
Charles Clark Jerome King Kent Lane and he has all names he has ever used wrapped into one.

John Pack Lambert
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
What a tangled mess. How will they ever get out of it

Clark: “If we can be born in an instant, and die in an instant, why can’t we fall in love in an instant?”

Caroline's "Stardust"
C
Top Banana
Top Banana
C
Since meeting that Lois from the other dimension and feeling that instantaneous pull toward her, like a knock on the head, Clark figured he must have only thought he had loved Lana for all those years. Now, almost a year since he last gazed upon Lana’s face, he realized that it had been wrong of him to discount his previous emotional connection. Seeing her again brought forth a flurry of memories and feelings – ten years’ worth – that couldn’t possibly all be his imagination.
Understandable. When you've long since just "bided your time" with someone rather than actively loving said person anyone new can seem to shake that foundation. Whether or not said foundation continues to stand after the shaking is what makes or breaks a true love.

True, by the time Clark had met Lois, he had fallen out of love with Lana and felt himself trapped in a cage unable to escape. Had he only fallen for Lois because she unlocked his potential and set him free?
Doubting the difficulty of Love (gic), Clark? I think you need to remember the Bard's words once again:
"The course of love never did run smooth."
(I think someone, possibly me said this before) but for you two it tends to be a veritable rapids!"

He glanced back to where he had last seen Lois and felt that familiar tug at his heart. No, it had been more than gratitude. There was just something about Lois that made it easier to breathe. Not to mention, she made his blood boil, sometimes in a good way… sometimes not.
Passion, Clark. It's called passion. Something that I don't think you really had for Lana in the same way you do with Lois.

Clark: True.

The tension inside of him snapped, and he started marching back to his partner, wishing he had his powers so that he could whisk her away from them and into the sky.
*Clark figures out he has them and does this*
*Lois's eyes grow to saucers*
Lois: *a little breathlessly* So I guess I'm not actually cheating on you, am I?

“I’m sorry. This is my husband, Jerome Lane. He’s kind of my guide for these parts. He spent some time here when he was younger,” Lois clarified, wrapping her arm around his waist.
I'm sure they're trying to place him and failing miserably at that comment.

“Oh, is that why you wanted to know if I knew him,” Lana said, and smiled at Clark. It was a flirtatious smile, which she quickly pulled from her face with a glance at her husband. Clark’s stomach churned.
Cat to Lana: It's an involuntary reaction, isn't it?
Lana: No comment. *goes to kiss her husband in front of Clark in an attempt to show him that she's taken.*

Clark certainly didn’t feel ‘all right’. All the bile that had been building in his stomach was threatening to rush out. “Rachel’s dead?” he managed.
That has to his him in the gut in a way that Lana's wouldn't. She had meant something to him after all.

He dealt with death on a daily basis as Superman and as a reporter, but Rachel wasn’t just some faceless name. He had known her intimately.
Just as I thought.

Oh my goodness, the fact that Max stole from Rachel... *growls*

Clark had always wondered what would have happened between him and Rachel, if their relationship had been allowed to bloom. Would she have been interested in dating him? Would they have discovered that they were better off just friends? Would she have accepted his super status with all the enthusiasm of Lois or shut it away like Lana? How would his life have been different if Rachel hadn’t joined the Army and moved away for eight years? Would he have ever made it to the Daily Planet? Or would he be a happily married family man? Without being obsessed with Lana, would he have made the trip to Metropolis earlier, possibly in time to save his Lois from her fate?
Oh those woulda, coulda, shouldas of life. They are rankling at times, aren't they Clark?

Clark’s eyes dimmed. “The first person who saw me,” he whispered, and then cleared his throat. “My best friend.” That didn’t quite capture what Rachel had meant to him. “The first girl I…” His eyes closed with a wince. “— ever loved.”
It is true, but it's hard for him to admit it as he never followed up on it.

“My life’s complicated,” Clark replied vaguely.

He had to be kidding!
Cat: What, you mean the fact that your from another world?
Clark: More complicated than that even.
Cat: *sidles up to Clark with a seductive look on her face* Wanna tell me about it?
Clark: *upon her reaction* Um... not really at the time.

“Doesn’t sound like it,” Clark agreed. “Max isn’t someone who should be sheriff, or the Max Harris I knew shouldn’t be. He was a thief, and not really leadership material, the type that clearly couldn’t handle power. Put a badge and a gun in his hand…” He whistled.

Terrific. She hoped Clark could still contact Superman over long distances.
I hope the Kents or Irigs are ready to defend Clark if need be (or Lois grabbing an extra gun that fell somewhere.)

She ground her teeth together. “Are you apologizing for lying to me, or are you apologizing for being the man you are?”

“A little of both, I guess,” he said with a sheepish smile.

“Good!” she snapped. He should apologize. “You ready to tell me who you are now?”
Clark: I'm the son of Kryptonian parents, raised by farmers until they were killed in a car crash then bumped from home to home to home. Lover to Rachel Harris, former fiancee of Lana Lang, oh and all of that happened in a different universe.
Lois: Are you sure you didn't need to see a doctor for that concussion?

But Lois didn’t. She could tell that Clark was scared about telling her the truth, but it hurt that the one truth he had told her – about the death of his folks – was appearing more and more like his biggest lie.
Clark: Oh they did, just not in this universe.
Lois: You're delusional, Chuck!

Clark’s fourth major flaw was that he was too much of a gentleman. He treated her too well, often thinking of her needs before his own, even if her needs were against her very wishes. She loved that he teased her, but HELL a woman wanted to have the stuffing kissed out of her every once and a great while, and for Lois, it had been a very great while indeed. She knew it went against every feminist bone in her body, but the romantic in her just wanted him to throw her on the bed and kiss her until she begged him for more. Was that too much to ask for? Really?
Been reading too many of those bodice-rippers, Lois?
Lois: *defensively* No. Not at all. (refuses to admit that she has a small corner of her romance book shelf dedicated to that kind of book.)

How could she trust that his “truth” was actually true? Would she ever be able to believe a word he said about himself? He had somehow earned Superman’s trust, so he must be trustworthy, but she was beginning to feel that Superman’s word wasn’t enough for her anymore.
I'm a little split on this one. One side it shouting to have Lois's logical self hog-tied and thrown out the window of the Love Place while the other is saying "good for her."
Clark Kent – 5-17-66.

Like an anvil landing on her chest, Lois gasped at the sudden pain that developed there. It felt as if were her Clark who lay buried there instead of someone else. “Clark is dead!” she sobbed, dropping the phone and burying her face into her hands.
shock Oh boy, she's right in that it's the Clark he soul was originally destined for. Now she'll be furious that Clark's not "her" Clark and will want him to come out and tell her who he is. Whether that will make him tell her he's Superman or from another universe entirely remains to be seen.

CLARK: No. I'm just worried I'm a jinx.
JONATHAN: A jinx?
CLARK: Yeah. Let's face it, ever since she's known me, Lois's been kidnapped, frozen, pushed off buildings, almost stabbed, poisoned, buried alive and who knows what else, and it's all because of me.
-"Contact" (You're not her jinx, you're her blessing.)
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Hi Virginia,

Well, that explains Lana's attitude toward her daughter, she's illigitimate. whinging

I keep hoping that Herb is going to show up and straighten everything out. clap

Do you have any idea as to how many posts total this story is going to run? It begins to look like I'll be in Volume 20 of Matchmaker before you finish. dizzy

Herb replied, “My boy, I never say … impossible.” "Lois and Clarks"

My stories can be found here

kj
S
Merriwether
Merriwether
S
Clark's reaction to Rachel's death was very touching. I can understand Lois' growing concern, especially given her nature. I hope her discovery brings things to a head soon.

Joan

Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Ultra Woman: Wow! Thanks for delurking to comment. I figured those of you who had read Another Lois knew Lois would be drawn that way at some point. wave

EDIT: Ooooh. More.

I was thinking about it. The problem about lie is that you have to come up with another lies to keep up the first one. It's a snowball, once you start it, you don't know how to stop it.
CLARK: Tell me about it. [Linked Image]

VirginiaR.
---
"clearly there is a lack of understanding between those two... he speaks Lunkheadanian and she Stubbornanian" -- chelo.
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
John: You spoil me with your long FDK responses! Thanks. Sorry for not responding sooner, but I’m trying to catch up on my writing.
<sad> for Clark. He lacked the resolve Martha and Jonathan gave canon Clark.
Yes. He has had to learn a lot on his own.
That was probably a factor, but not the factor.
True.
Of course there is physical attraction. How could any man not be physically attracted to Lois?
LOIS: I have to agree 100% here with John. I don’t know either, but it’s amazing how it worked that way for years, then Superman came into town and WHAM, I’m suddenly popular.
With the amount of trouble she gets herself into isn't it often harder to breath.
CLARK: Okay, I’ll admit that I also hold my breath often around Lois when I’m in the uniform. The ‘breathing easier’ thought was for all the other times.
Reading about this from Lois' perspective I forgot that he lacked Super-hearing at this point.
Yes, sorry, I’ve drawn this Smallville arc over many weeks for you and only a couple of days for them. Yes, the opening of the box (and NOT finding the globe) was the night before. He’s still in recovery.
Clark: Well, Walt raping someone is not too shocking.
Actually, it’s always shocking. Especially if that someone is someone I care(d) about.
Clark: <dancing > Lois touched me, <dancing>
CLARK: What? Lois touched me. <checks memory> So, she did. Hmmmm. Er… No, on the dancing. I was still in shock over hearing about Rachel.
Lois is actualy right, she just does not yet know what caused him to collapse and bump his head.
Well, he doesn’t have a concussion. He IS hurt though.
Clark: Even better, she has toned down on the estranged wife Act.
Lois: Clark, just because I don't want everyone to know I am your estranged wife, does not mean we are going to share a bed.
CLARK: I am taking little victories for now.
LOIS: Well, those are the only ones you will get.
CLARK: I’ve gotten other kinds?
LOIS: Well, no. And I can be civil, though, in public. The estranged wife bit doesn’t work for the general public. It makes me seem uncaring and people are less likely to open up to me. Hello? Story!
Well, I am not sure if this fully explains why Lois calls her "husband" both Jerome and Chuck. At least she did not also call him Clark at some point, then he would have to introduce himself as Charles Clark Jerome Lane. I guess since Lana and Hank probably do not know Mrs. Kent's maiden name it would not be too bad in that case.
Neither would Clark and Chuck, since “Chuck” is a nick-name of Charles. It was a band-aid excuse, so they could move past it.
So do they know that Rachel had sex with Walt, or do they just assume such based on some other things?
Let’s just say that Hank and Lana know more than they’ve shared. smile1
Shouln't that be "at Kansas State"?
Yes. Thank you. blush
Hmm, another reason Clark should not have sex with a women before he tells her his secret.
CLARK: I’m not planning on making love to anyone other than Lois and I plan to still be around in the morning and the morning after that and the morning after that… wallbash Okay, you’re right.
Maybe this is how the events at the Metro Club should have gone down
Lois:I don't have prtection on me, do you.
Clark:Lois, I don't think protection will work with me. There is something I need to tell you. I'm Superman.
LOIS: [Linked Image]
Hmm, no maybe that would not have been the best course either.
CLARK: Luckily, Jimmy… I mean, Toni… I mean, not luckily… I mean… [Linked Image] So, you’re saying that I shouldn’t take advantage of Lois the next time she gets drunk and begs me to come home with her, because that would be bad? Even though she gave me a guilt-free card? Shucks.
I think it should be "an M.P." unless you pronounce it MiP and do not say the letter.
Hmmmm. I thought “a” turned to “an” only before a word that started with a vowel. You’re saying there are consonant exceptions to this rule? Oh, and thanks. laugh
Plain speak: stolen, in that he did not ask permission.
CLARK: Yes, I would have described it as “stolen” but for some reason Rachel still loved her brother enough to hope he planned on repaying her.
My guess is her reaction would have been more like Lois. Of course Lois never had to confront finding out her boyfriend had abilities she had no clue existed. There is a big difference between finding out your boyfriend/work partner/whatever he is exactly at the time is the man who can fly, start fires with his eyes etc. and finding out that your boyfriend can fly, start fires with his eyes etc. when you did not know that such powers even existed.
True.
Those who do write about Lois finding out Clark has such abilities before the world knows they exist seem to assume she would react more positively to the situation than Lana did but this Clark has no comparison.
I think it would depend on how Clark revealed this side of himself to Lois. Was it sprung upon her out of the blue, like it had been with Lana? Or did she have an inkling that there was something different about Clark before he accidentally revealed himself? Or did he sit her down and slowly and carefully explain his origins and how his powers came upon him as a teenager?
Lois is of course in love with Superman, but he knows it will be hard if he ever tells her that he is Superman, although for slightly different reasons. The first Lois he met had a very different reaction. For one thing both Lois know that it is possible for Clark to use his powers and maintain a secret identity. The fact that they get fooled may be galling, but it shows that using the powers does not lead to being disected as a frog.
Also, true. But an Alt-Clark (who didn’t have Mayor White and former President Presley on his side) could easily been taken in and had tests run on him. He doesn’t feel pain? How much? How long can he survive being exposed to that rock? How long does it take him to recover? <Similar things that happened to S in DC’s new story.>
Well, at least Clark has found someone who holds a similar opinion of Sherrif Harris.
The Irigs weren’t the only outcasts.
This Clark has been bounced between more foster homes than I ever imagined, at least 5, probably more. Have you ever figured out how many foster homes he was in, or is it a large but not ever determined number?
Well, let’s see, he was in 3 foster homes (Irigs, Harrises, and the Rosses) after he was 16. He was in at least one a year before that, if not more. One year, when he was 15-16ish and all of his powers developed at once, he had been at least 3 foster families. He was considered a “problem child” that’s why he was bounced around a lot. That was when social services contacted the Irigs again, who couldn’t take him when Martha and Jonathan died because Barbara was fighting cancer. So, a lot, over 10.
Well, when you hold a shotgun wedding, you don;t want you daughter to starve. Yes, I read ahead, so am using knowledge learned from later.
When it’s a shotgun wedding AND you don’t want the community to look down upon you for mistreating your own child, her husband, and grandchild. Things might have been different if Lana had remained unmarried.

VirginiaR.
---
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Or is Sherrif Harris mad because he knows Hank has been covering up for Walt cheating on his sister the night of his death. Lots of people probably suspect it is odd that Barbara looks so much like her namesake, Barbara Irig, who she is not even related to, at least according to the birth certificate and all.
Who said that everyone remembers what Barbara Irig looked like when she was a pre-teen? Was she even from Smallville? Maybe she and Martha came from Lawrence? Barbie’s name is “Barbie” not Barbara. Lana’s not THAT stupid. Homage perhaps, but not a direct link. Also, the Jessups (Hank’s last name) live in Wichita and have for the last 5 years, so it’s not like Barbie has been obviously around for the townsfolk <cough> Maisie <cough> to gossip about.
So is Lana continuing her lieing ways, or what?
That’s for you to decide.

LANA: Yeah, right. Like you’d believe me even if I told you the truth… I mean, of course, Barbie is Hank’s daughter. That reporter guy is full of it.
Since Hank is clearly not the girl's real dad.
JONATHAN: I believe the word you’re looking for is “biological” father.
Of course, I am not sure I blame them for not telling her.
Telling the daughter? dizzy
guess at this point, with Clark still suffering from Kryptonite poisoning, it would be very difficult for him to convince Lois of the truth. I am not sure it would be impossible, but it would be pretty hard. Once he gets his power back, it will be potentially easy, although still emotionally very scary.
CLARK: My point exactly.
I was expecting he to ask the both much tougher and harder to explain question, how he managed to visit Smallville so often. I guess he and the Kents have been vague enough that she does not yet suspect how frequent his visits have been.
If she knew that he had only been coming since May of that year, yes, that would be the obvious question. But logistically he could have been coming off and on for years.
Actually, it is impossible for Clark to contact Superman over long distances, since he cannot be at a long distance. If she knew about Kryptonite she would be really scared now.
You mean if she knew CK=SM and knew that he had been exposed to Kryptonite and it had taken away his powers, so that he was basically human. Possibly.
Well, she is nothing if not persistent.
LOIS: One doesn’t become a three-time Kerth Award winner by giving up.
I am not sure why Lois assumes she must either be attracted to bad or to good. First off, it is possible to be attracted to both. Secondly, it is odd to assume your being attracted to someone sees through the disguises they put out. Thirdly it seems odd that even if the first two are true, you would be attracted to all people of a certain type. So, trying to determine Luthor's true character from her lack of attraction to him just seems odd.
She’s spit-balling ideas. Her thoughts are babbling, being that she’s Lois, of course.
Shouldn't she see how proficient Clark is in this discussion to judge if he is really from Kansas? Also, maybe if she stays and keeps close to him he will drop more clues about the truth.
She’s tired of the whole “Rachel and Walt” small-town drama. She wants to get back to her story.
Maybe it will help if she gives him no option but telling her the truth. Of course, at the moment he will be really hard pressed to tell her the truth.
It doesn’t matter whether or not he tells her the truth. She’s not going to believe anything he says anyway, is she?
Although, if she asks Martha, she might get Martha to tell her some things.
Why would Martha do this?
Is she telling this to Perry or just to herself. Hopefully it does not also happen to Wrong Clark at this point, but I am getting worried.

So is she going to share this info with Clark? Is he going to find her there?
Find out tonight in Part 53. evil Or not.
Hmm, it is not looking good for Clark. It is looking worse for Lois. I am trying to not loose all hope, but it is a tough battle.
Hope will reappear… eventually.
Of course part of me wants her to get her Clark back, but he is totally dead, so that seems a bit hard.
HERB: Hard, yes. But nothing is impossible.
Hmm, except, since Wrong Clark saved the Space Shuttle, at least one of the needed precedents to the birth of Tempus is in place. Hmm, however that might not be enough to have recreated Tempus. This will be a hard Clark to save, and will Wrong Clark be willing to do it. I guess we shall see.
[Linked Image]

Charles Clark Jerome King Kent Lane and he has all names he has ever used wrapped into one.
CLARK: You forgot “Superman” and “Kal-El”. Lois, you’ve really got to find me a new nickname besides “Chuck.” I love it, but it does complicate things.
LOIS: Honey, they’re a dime a dozen for you.
CLARK: “Honey” – yes, call me that.
LOIS: NO! That was a slip of the tongue. You’re not “honey”, he was “honey”. You’re not him. You’re wrong.
CLARK: Him, who?
LOIS: [Linked Image] I don’t know. I just don’t know.
CLARK: And she’d find me crazy if I told her the truth. Tsunami, we’re two of a kind.
LOIS: Don’t call me that!

VirginiaR.
---
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Originally posted by Laurach:
What a tangled mess. How will they ever get out of it
Um... with time and paitence? And lots and lots more parts? peep

VirginiaR.
---
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Christina: Another long FDK! hyper Thank you!
Understandable. When you've long since just "bided your time" with someone rather than actively loving said person anyone new can seem to shake that foundation. Whether or not said foundation continues to stand after the shaking is what makes or breaks a true love.
One of my favorite lines from “When Harry Met Sally…” is when she says (and I’m paraphrasing), “But… she was supposed to be his transitional (rebound) person, not the ONE.” (When her ex-boyfriend married the next woman he dated...)
Doubting the difficulty of Love (gic), Clark? I think you need to remember the Bard's words once again:
"The course of love never did run smooth."
CLARK: Phew. It’s not just me, then.
Passion, Clark. It's called passion. Something that I don't think you really had for Lana in the same way you do with Lois.
Yes, no passion in the Kent-Lang relationship.
*Clark figures out he has them and does this*
*Lois's eyes grow to saucers*
Lois: *a little breathlessly* So I guess I'm not actually cheating on you, am I?
CLARK: <once again setting his foot in his mouth> Depends. Are you still seeing Luthor?
I'm sure they're trying to place him and failing miserably at that comment.
Can you remember everyone you met 10-15 years ago? Me, either.
CLARK: <raises hands>
LOIS: Oh, shut up!
Cat to Lana: It's an involuntary reaction, isn't it?
Lana: No comment. *goes to kiss her husband in front of Clark in an attempt to show him that she's taken.*
CLARK: Why? I don’t want her.
That has to his him in the gut in a way that Lana's wouldn't. She had meant something to him after all.
Yes, sadly, Rachel meant more to him than the woman he dated for 10 years and obsessed about for years before that. (Sadly for that wasted time and effort on Lana.)
Just as I thought.
It was mentioned back in… <guessing> Part 4?
Oh my goodness, the fact that Max stole from Rachel... *growls*
CLARK: I agree. mad
Oh those woulda, coulda, shouldas of life. They are rankling at times, aren't they Clark?
Those are ten years he can’t get back.
It is true, but it's hard for him to admit it as he never followed up on it.
He did follow up, but by then, she was gone. By the time she returned, he was engaged.
Cat: What, you mean the fact that your from another world?
Clark: More complicated than that even.
Cat: *sidles up to Clark with a seductive look on her face* Wanna tell me about it?
Clark: *upon her reaction* Um... not really at the time.
Thank goodness that Cat’s in Paris. clap
I hope the Kents or Irigs are ready to defend Clark if need be (or Lois grabbing an extra gun that fell somewhere.)
[Linked Image]
Clark: I'm the son of Kryptonian parents, raised by farmers until they were killed in a car crash then bumped from home to home to home. Lover to Rachel Harris, former fiancée of Lana Lang, oh and all of that happened in a different universe.
Lois: Are you sure you didn't need to see a doctor for that concussion?
CLARK: Thank you again for reminding everyone why Lois won’t believe the truth.
Been reading too many of those bodice-rippers, Lois?
Lois: *defensively* No. Not at all. (refuses to admit that she has a small corner of her romance book shelf dedicated to that kind of book.)
laugh
I'm a little split on this one. One side it shouting to have Lois's logical self hog-tied and thrown out the window of the Love Place while the other is saying "good for her."
LOIS: Imagine how I’m feeling.
Oh boy, she's right in that it's the Clark he soul was originally destined for. Now she'll be furious that Clark's not "her" Clark and will want him to come out and tell her who he is. Whether that will make him tell her he's Superman or from another universe entirely remains to be seen.
[Linked Image]
<Lois searching for the truth>
<Christina searching for answers>

VirginiaR.
---
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Originally posted by KenJ:
Well, that explains Lana's attitude toward her daughter, she's illigitimate. whinging
Or Lana blames her daughter for prisoning her in this small town life.

I keep hoping that Herb is going to show up and straighten everything out. clap
He's supposed to come back three months after... mid August. [Linked Image]

Do you have any idea as to how many posts total this story is going to run? It begins to look like I'll be in Volume 20 of Matchmaker before you finish. dizzy
Let's see, I'm just about to send Part 61 to Beta... wallbash Um... blush ... er... a lot. laugh ... um... maybe all the Matchmakers Volumes written to date combined? [Linked Image] Hopefully not that many, but I had already committed to a *3* Book trilogy and had written 20 parts before I looked how long it would take to get to the end and started hyperventilating. (Otherwise I would have broken this up into smaller bite-sized portions.) It should speed up after (timeline wise) after Smallville, but there's a lot to accomplish here in Kansas first. Right now, I'm just taking things one day at a time.

VirginiaR.
---
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Originally posted by scifiJoan:
Clark's reaction to Rachel's death was very touching.
I like Rachel's character. laugh I needed Clark to have someone positive in his life at some point (after his folks' death) otherwise he'd have no reason to have any hope at all with Lois (and be TOTALLY afraid of having sex with her).

I can understand Lois' growing concern, especially given her nature. I hope her discovery brings things to a head soon.
A head? Depends on what you mean by "head". So, I'll just say "kind of". wink Soon? By the end of the Smallville arc? She'll know the "truth" by then. laugh

VirginiaR.
---
S
Merriwether
Merriwether
S
That would be exciting! smile1

Originally posted by VirginiaR:
By the end of the Smallville arc? She'll know the "truth" by then. laugh

J
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
J
LOIS: I have to agree 100% here with John. I don’t know either, but it’s amazing how it worked that way for years, then Superman came into town and WHAM, I’m suddenly popular.
Well, in canon it seemed like Lois always had some guy to go out with her. Of wait, they were the type that caused Lois to say "define guys", maybe she does have a point.

Yes, sorry, I’ve drawn this Smallville arc over many weeks for you and only a couple of days for them. Yes, the opening of the box (and NOT finding the globe) was the night before. He’s still in recovery.
Clark:Well, I am not sure if "recovery" is the word. I do not feel like I have recoered at all, I still feel totally not-super.

Actually, it’s always shocking. Especially if that someone is someone I care(d) about.
Good point. Rape is always a shocking thing, even if you know the person involved is in theory capable of it, and you have stopped them before, or at the same time or whatever.

CLARK: What? Lois touched me. <checks memory> So, she did. Hmmmm. Er… No, on the dancing. I was still in shock over hearing about Rachel.
Good point.

Well, he doesn’t have a concussion. He IS hurt though.
I was more thinking he hit his head when exposed to Kryptionite the night before. Or am I wrong about that too. Hmm, can Clark get concussions when exposed to Kryptonite, my guess is yes.

Let’s just say that Hank and Lana know more than they’ve shared. evil
Clark: I deduced that once Barbie showed up.

John Pack Lambert
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard