Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#90313 10/14/12 04:04 AM
Morgana Offline OP
Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
Comments and rotten tomatoes (or roses) and what have you can be thrown here! peep

Morgana

A writer's job is to think of new plots and create characters who stay with you long after the final page has been read. If that mission is accomplished than we have done what we set out to do, which is to entertain and hopefully educate.
#90314 10/14/12 05:54 AM
M
Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
M
Great start! Keep going on this one.

#90315 10/14/12 01:10 PM
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
Well, when all else fails, put H.G. Wells in there to change history. And this time Clark got to witness the intervention. Poor H.G. is going to be very busy if he keeps Lois alive until she can meet Clark. Sounds to me like she has an attitude, like usual.

Nice story. More?
Pat

#90316 10/14/12 08:33 PM
Kerth
Kerth
Works for me - and why didn't HG do that in the original timeline?

Marcus L. Rowland
Forgotten Futures, The Scientific Romance Role Playing Game
#90317 10/14/12 10:55 PM
Morgana Offline OP
Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
Meadowrose: Thank you, there will be more to this story. What was posted I wrote several months back. The story will be richer in detail.

Angelsmaw: Yeah H.G. is always fixing LnC's history! I suspect if they had been allowed to have a proper final season, alt-Clark's problem would have been solved somehow.
Lois does have an attitude as per usual, but she's still young and very rough around the edges. That will change.

Darth Michael: So nice to have your comment! Yeah, H.G. should have done that originally. It would have saved poor alt-Clark a great deal of heartache.

Thank you one and all for the great feedback! It made my day.

Morgana

A writer's job is to think of new plots and create characters who stay with you long after the final page has been read. If that mission is accomplished than we have done what we set out to do, which is to entertain and hopefully educate.
#90318 10/15/12 07:12 AM
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Hi Mogana,

You are off to a terrific start.

One question - you didn't indicate how many posts there will be to this story. From this start it looks like it could be of epic proportions. dance

Herb replied, “My boy, I never say … impossible.” "Lois and Clarks"

My stories can be found here

kj
#90319 10/15/12 09:18 AM
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
An anxious young woman passenger; her long brown hair swathed with snowflakes, gingerly emerged.
Lois! hyper

“Opening the trunk is fine but youse gotta get your own bags.
Psst! You forgot the end ". Also, I'm assuming this guy is from Brooklyn? wink

“Take it up with my supervisor, sweetie,” he growled.
Uh oh. Never, *never* do that to Lois.

“Take it up with my supervisor!” The brunette yelled back.
See?

“I’m supposed to be on Air Germany Flight 1278 to Kinshasa connecting through Munich.
Pstt...another missing end ".

I am sorry, Miss Lane, but there has been a thirty minute delay while the wings are being de-iced.
How to piss off Lois, fast.

<Blast the weather! I have got to reach Brazzaville in the Congo. There’s a story out there with my byline on it! Perry has trusted me to bring in a killer article about gunrunners in the Congo and *nothing* not even a snow storm is going to stop me from keeping my word!>
Oh dear. Oh dear. Please, let her flight get snowed out.

He’s wearing a bowler hat and a frock coat, the last time she had seen one of those outfits was in a movie.
wave Hi, Herb!

Hadn’t Lex Luthor and that other millionaire Bruce Wayne held such parties on their private planes?>
laugh

Personally, she never took much stock in anything the bookish woman wrote about, she did not look like the type to write about wild celebrity gatherings, much less attend one.
Wow! This really *is* an Alt Universe!

“Mr. and Mrs. Luthor, please look this way!” One of the swarm shouted. “Is it true you are donating part of the proceeds from the sale of your Picasso collection to help the homeless children of Metropolis?”
rotflol

“Lois Lane, please pick up the nearest red courtesy phone. Lois Lane, please pick up the nearest red courtesy phone.”
Clark???

I’m on the hook for this plane ticket!
Wouldn't the Planet be on the hook?

She is so infuriated; she fails to notice a very handsome young man glazing at her with a curious expression on his face.
Clarkkkkk!

“Wow, she’s really steamed! I’m going to have quite a fireball on my hands.”
Clark Kent, meet Lois Lane.

Clark no longer dejected and cast down walks away with Herb, with a new confidence and a new sense of purpose.
Awww! What a great little story!

Battle On,
Deadly Chakram

"Being with you is stronger than me alone." ~ Clark Kent

"One little spark of inspiration is at the heart of all creation." ~ Figment the Dragon

#90320 10/15/12 12:50 PM
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Good beginning. clap I thought it interesting that Arianna and Lex were still together. Of course, her selling his Picasso to help the needy would be grounds for divorce in Lex's books, wouldn't it?

My only question was regarding this line:
“Yes, well, I suspect *your* Miss Lane was meant to be stopped at the Airport, but something happened to prevent it. Now she can move forward with her life and you will meet her before the other Miss Lane arrives. Not only will you save her life, but prevent her from making other mistakes as well.”
Why would Tempus bring canon Lois to this dimension now that the Lois of this dimension is still alive? According to Tempus in "Tempus Anyone?" he brought Lois to alt-dimension to give Clark a reason to become Superman, because without a danger prone Lois to consistantly save, Clark has no reason to become Superman.

I'm thinking that instead of just saving alt-Lois, Herb inadvertantly set the ball moving to change alt-dimension enough so that canon Lois was never brought there. If she indeed is brought to this dimension, while there is a living breathing Lois in it, what would make alt-Clark and alt-Lois not believe that she's some imposter and/or clone? Things might go differently for alt-dimension and canon Lois entirely. Possibly to the point of never being able to return to her home dimension. (See " Through the Window " and " And Back Again " by CC Aiken for that scenario).

Was she taken to another dimension with no Lois? Or somewhere else? Also, this means alt-Clark won't be around be brought to canon dimension to save it from Tempus during the John Doe arc.

You've set up an interesting set of events. Can't wait to see where you take them.

VirginiaR.
"On the long road, take small steps." -- Jor-el, "The Foundling"
---
"clearly there is a lack of understanding between those two... he speaks Lunkheadanian and she Stubbornanian" -- chelo.
#90321 10/15/12 08:28 PM
Kerth
Kerth
No tomatos for you! I really liked this. Funny to think that just something as simple as Alt-Lois missing her flight into the Congo would put everything back together again (that and the fact that Linda got the story first-- though part of me wondered whether that was just a little parlor trick a la Back to the Future on Wells' part). wink Good job!

Nothing spoils a good story like the arrival of an eye witness.
--Mark Twain
#90322 10/16/12 05:58 AM
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Roses for you! [Linked Image] You deserve it for saving Lois from disappearing in Congo and saving Alt-Clark from a life of misery. Kudos to you! [Linked Image]

Major differences in this universe. Cat is <gasp!> "a bookish woman" [Linked Image] and Luthor's marriage is not secret. razz How ironic that her boasting saved Lois's life. Tempus would love that! [Linked Image] Or not, because now this universe will keep on having a Lois Lane. hyper

Andreia

"My wife's love is what unites Krypton and Earth in my heart. Without it, without her, I truly would be in hell."

~ Superman: Man of Tomorrow #15
#90323 10/16/12 02:31 PM
Morgana Offline OP
Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
Oboy! I come back from work and there are more comments! What a great way to encourage my creative juices to keep flowing.
Now regarding Airport:
This story has undergone massive changes since writing this particular draft several months ago. It won’t be ready for the boards for at least another three or four months. RL is really gone into overdrive since coming back from the Rockies. Something about work deadlines…
Anyhow let me answer a few of your comments.

KenJ:
One question - you didn't indicate how many posts there will be to this story. From this start it looks like it could be of epic proportions.
Epic proportions...maybe. The outline calls for one Prologue, five parts and an epilogue...

Deadly Chakram:
Wouldn't the Planet be on the hook?
Nope Lois begged Perry for the chance to tackle this story which will be seen in the new version. She offered to pay for her ticket if she didn't deliver the goods! Those pesky quote marks! Don't worry that and other grammar errors are being corrected.

VirginiaR:
Why would Tempus bring canon Lois to this dimension now that the Lois of this dimension is still alive? According to Tempus in "Tempus Anyone?" he brought Lois to alt-dimension to give Clark a reason to become Superman, because without a danger prone Lois to consistantly save, Clark has no reason to become Superman.
In this story I'm breaking a lot of the rules! Canon Lois will make an appearance. That's my story and I'm sticking to it!

Mouserocks:
Funny to think that just something as simple as Alt-Lois missing her flight into the Congo would put everything back together again
Thanks Mouse! Its the first of many rules broken.

By the way, who says a Lois and Clark story has only one villian?

Ultra Woman:
Major differences in this universe. Cat is <gasp!> "a bookish woman" and Luthor's marriage is not secret.
Yup. More rules broken. And that's just the beginning... wave

Thank you one and all for reading!

Morgana

#90324 10/17/12 06:35 PM
J
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
J
Well, in canon Cat seems to be somewhat bookish, just hiding it well.

On another note, if you don't know how long it will be you can always put up posts as 1/?, otherwise we thing your post is the whole story. Actually some people even do 1/1, but that is not neccesary.

The big question in my mind is Luthor really good, or is Ariana in on his evil plots, or is she duped as well as everyone else? Option 2 would seem closest to canon, but hey, they have been married more than a year, so you broke with canon, so who knows. Actually in canon it is not clear they were married past the end of being on the ship where they got married, since Ariana says she has not been known as Mrs. Luthor for 10 years, and they got married 10 years before.

John Pack Lambert
#90325 10/19/12 05:35 AM
Boards Chief Administrator Emeritus
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Boards Chief Administrator Emeritus
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
It may not be necessary to put 1/1 - but it makes life much easier for me when I'm having to add TOCs for those authors who don't do their own. wink

LabRat :-)

Athos: If you'd told us what you were doing, we might have been able to plan this properly.
Aramis: Yes, sorry.
Athos: No, no, by all means, let's keep things suicidal.

The Musketeers
#90326 10/28/12 11:32 AM
Morgana Offline OP
Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
Hello John! Welcome to the boards!

Well, in canon Cat seems to be somewhat bookish, just hiding it well.
Yes. Cat was very intelligent in the first half of season one and worked hard to hide her smarts. Why will always remain a mystery. The one and only time her apartment is ever seen, Clark commented on how well read she was.

When the fic is completed this part will be the prologue. As I mentioned previously to KenJ, the story has a prologue, five parts and an epilogue. Perhaps just this once I'll stick to my outline!

The big question in my mind is Luthor really good, or is Ariana in on his evil plots, or is she duped as well as everyone else?
We shall just have to see how the story develops, as I mentioned earlier; there are no hard and fast rules in this story. eek It is the alt-universe.

Thanks again to everyone who read this small story! wave

Morgana

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard