#90224 10/09/12 09:27 PM
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Posting early as I fight the evil insomnia beast. laugh

Battle On,
Deadly Chakram

"Being with you is stronger than me alone." ~ Clark Kent

"One little spark of inspiration is at the heart of all creation." ~ Figment the Dragon

#90225 10/10/12 03:35 AM
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
I'm really enjoying this story. I don't think I've ever read a story like this before. Excellent story line. KEEP UP THE GREAT JOB!!! Can't wait to see how everything will unfold!

#90226 10/10/12 02:26 PM
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Originally posted by Seme:
I'm really enjoying this story. I don't think I've ever read a story like this before. Excellent story line. KEEP UP THE GREAT JOB!!! Can't wait to see how everything will unfold!
Thanks, Seme! That was my hope actually, to present something that hopefully hasn't really been seen before, or, barring that, at least not as much as other plots. Glad you are enjoying it! smile

Battle On,
Deadly Chakram

"One little spark of inspiration is at the heart of all creation." ~ Figment the Dragon

#90227 10/10/12 08:32 PM
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
You posted this right after I went to bed! [Linked Image] So, I didn't catch it until this morning and I've been running all day to catch up.

hyper

Yeah! "S" has made it to the Kent farm. I'm glad that they are giving him space. I'm so glad he didn't run away from Jonathan. I could understand why he'd want to.

How sad that S mostly eats sandwiches. whinging

Cameron is an idiot if he thinks he can treat a super powered being this way and not have it rebel against him (and kill him -- if it wasn't Clark) at some point. I can see why he wears the K on a necklace. But it would only take a moment for S to steal the lead vile away from Trask. So, let me state again. C. Trask is stupid. (Although, I always thought Luthor the same for cloning Superman before getting his hands on kyrptonite). What is stopping the creature from turning on his master? (Except in this case S is better than that.)

Martha is so smart! She knows that the way to a man (boy's) heart is through his stomach. clap

I'm guessing those gifts that Jonathan went to town to pick up belong to S. I also agree with Jonathan and Martha that "S" isn't a proper name. I hope they give him a better one soon.

eek That they reported S to the sheriff. You know that Trask is going to hunt him down and find him because of it. I only hope that nothing happens to the Kents when B39 shows up on their doorstep. I can't see them handing S over to someone who has clearly abused him.

I'm worried about the space heater in the tool shed with all that straw / hay lying around. <<biting fingernails>> I hope there isn't a fire because of S. I hope S decides to trust these people and join them at the house.

There are so many directions that this story could go from this point, I'm wondering which path you chose. And may S and the Kents be alive at the end of it.

Hugs for "S".

VirginiaR.
"On the long road, take small steps." -- Jor-el, "The Foundling"
---
"clearly there is a lack of understanding between those two... he speaks Lunkheadanian and she Stubbornanian" -- chelo.
#90228 10/11/12 04:26 AM
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
You posted this right after I went to bed! So, I didn't catch it until this morning and I've been running all day to catch up.
No problem. I wasn't going to post so early, but then decided "what the heck?" and went ahead and did it.

sloppy for the early posting!
You're welcome!

Yeah! "S" has made it to the Kent farm. I'm glad that they are giving him space. I'm so glad he didn't run away from Jonathan. I could understand why he'd want to.

How sad that S mostly eats sandwiches
Very, very sad for S. frown But he's with the Kents now, so things can potientially look up from here on out. At the very least, he's gotten a glimpse of real kindess and a taste of real food. smile

Cameron is an idiot if he thinks he can treat a super powered being this way and not have it rebel against him (and kill him -- if it wasn't Clark) at some point. I can see why he wears the K on a necklace. But it would only take a moment for S to steal the lead vile away from Trask. So, let me state again. C. Trask is stupid. (Although, I always thought Luthor the same for cloning Superman before getting his hands on kyrptonite). What is stopping the creature from turning on his master? (Except in this case S is better than that.)
Yup! Cameron isn't the sharpest knife in the drawer. I fear for poor Clark if Cameron *had* been intelligent enough to go about his plan in the "right" way.

Although, in regards to Luthor, I'm not surprised in the least bit that he cloned Superman without having any K. Now, could be that he was already on the hunt for some K and thought it only a matter of time before he possessed it. But even if not, it so totally encapsulates just how arrogant Luthor really was, thinking he could control a super clone just by being his snake-like, charming self. smile

I'm guessing those gifts that Jonathan went to town to pick up belong to S. I also agree with Jonathan and Martha that "S" isn't a proper name. I hope they give him a better one soon.
All shall be answered...soon. laugh

That they reported S to the sheriff. You know that Trask is going to hunt him down and find him because of it. I only hope that nothing happens to the Kents when B39 shows up on their doorstep. I can't see them handing S over to someone who has clearly abused him.
Well, legally, they would have to see if there was a missing persons report made for S. But remember, Trask doesn't exactly have S legally either. And S is old enough to testify in court about his abuse. So Trask is going to want to avoid any contact with law enforcement.

I'm worried about the space heater in the tool shed with all that straw / hay lying around. <<biting fingernails>> I hope there isn't a fire because of S. I hope S decides to trust these people and join them at the house.
<whistles innocently>

are so many directions that this story could go from this point, I'm wondering which path you chose. And may S and the Kents be alive at the end of it.
I'm promising only that there will be death before the end of the story. Now, jsut who that is, I'm not saying. laugh angel-devil

Thanks for the feedback!

Battle On,
Deadly Chakram

#90229 10/11/12 01:35 PM
J
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
J
This is one of the most heart wrenching stories of Superman I have ever read. I guess at some level the trauma he goes through in the alt-universe of seeing his parents die at age 10, especially in some incarnations of his being bounced around between foster homes, is pretty bad.

Still, having never been loved, being illiterate, only being served lukewarm, tasteless food at best, treated constantly and completely as an alien as we have seen is the worst. whinging

Jonathan and Martha did very well at getting him to trust them so far.

On the report to the sherrif, I don't think Jonathan really had a choice. He probably was a few states away at the Bureau 39 place, but its not like Jonathan and Martha could keep a 12-year-old child just showing up out of nowhere secret. Even if they home schooled him people would notice eventually.

John Pack Lambert
#90230 10/11/12 04:09 PM
Kerth
Kerth
Yay! He's with the Kents! Finally! Open up your heart and trust them, S. You won't regret it. smile Can't wait for more, just don't have time to add more comments. frown But great job!

Nothing spoils a good story like the arrival of an eye witness.
--Mark Twain
#90231 10/12/12 03:05 AM
S
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
S
Hi DC,

"Hi there, son," the man said in a soft voice. "Don't be afraid. I won't hurt you."
Yes, it's Jonathan! wave

Sydney

Non ! non, c’est bien plus beau lorsque c’est inutile !
(Edmond Rostand)
#90232 10/12/12 06:28 PM
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Originally posted by John Lambert:
This is one of the most heart wrenching stories of Superman I have ever read. I guess at some level the trauma he goes through in the alt-universe of seeing his parents die at age 10, especially in some incarnations of his being bounced around between foster homes, is pretty bad.

Still, having never been loved, being illiterate, only being served lukewarm, tasteless food at best, treated constantly and completely as an alien as we have seen is the worst. whinging

Jonathan and Martha did very well at getting him to trust them so far.

On the report to the sherrif, I don't think Jonathan really had a choice. He probably was a few states away at the Bureau 39 place, but its not like Jonathan and Martha could keep a 12-year-old child just showing up out of nowhere secret. Even if they home schooled him people would notice eventually.
Thank you, John. I'm taking that as a huge compliment, because that's what I was aiming for. One of the saddest beginnings to Superman's life imaginable. laugh And I can't promise that everything will be sunshine and roses from here on out either.

Yes, Jonathan and Martha would have been hard pressed to suddenly explain a 12 year old living with them, should S decide to stay. Which is why he *had* to speak with the sheriff.

Battle On,
Deadly Chakram

#90233 10/12/12 06:29 PM
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Originally posted by Mouserocks:
Yay! He's with the Kents! Finally! Open up your heart and trust them, S. You won't regret it. smile Can't wait for more, just don't have time to add more comments. frown But great job!
Thanks, Mouse! laugh Glad you are enjoying it. I really have been tormenting poor Clark, huh? angel-devil

Battle On,
Deadly Chakram

#90234 10/12/12 06:32 PM
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Hiya, Sydney! wave

It reminds me of Clark giving his coat (or jacket?) to Jack.
You're right, of course. Clark did give his sport coat/suit jacket to Jack. I hadn't realized the parallel before now. Thanks for pointing it out!

Poor boy! But I'm sure that Jonathan and Martha can give you a real name, because for them you are a real child.
<nods> But will he give them the chance?

Not for long, I hope.
You'll know for sure, soon.

Of course! Martha cooked it.
Good thing it wasn't Lois who first cooked for him. He might have run back to B39!

It's a wonderful story, DC.
Thanks so much! smile

Battle On,
Deadly Chakram

#90235 10/13/12 02:59 AM
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
when is part 5 coming? I've been checking online daily...HURRRRRRYYYYY.....

#90236 10/13/12 08:34 AM
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Originally posted by Seme:
when is part 5 coming? I've been checking online daily...HURRRRRRYYYYY.....
A few more days. Likely early Wed. Maybe late Tues. I'm posting roughly once a week. Part of the story is still with my beta. I may increase to twice a week once I have the entire story beta'd.

Battle On,
Deadly Chakram

#90237 10/13/12 11:10 AM
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Vicki,

Wonderful story so far! Keep up the good work. Glad to see that 'S' is with the Kents. If anyone can get him to trust them, they are the ones.

Good thing he listened in and heard the discussion. Love is a strong motivator, especially to someone who has never experienced it before.

I hope that Cameron is the one that 'gets it' and that it isn't one of the Kents that gives it to him. Better one of his own men.

Herb replied, “My boy, I never say … impossible.” "Lois and Clarks"

My stories can be found here

kj
#90238 10/13/12 11:11 AM
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
I finally made the time to sit down and read.

This story is so bitter-sweet. Poor little S, unloved, unwanted, unknown wanders into the one place where there is love, and they want him. Now if he will only let them get to know him, he might have all the things he has wanted for as long as he has understood to long for them.

(Personal note for Vicki: You are writing about the one thing that is vacant in your life. Yet, you know that what will happen may take time, but it WILL happen. Have faith, and believe what you are writing.)

Great story. Sad, but great!
Pat

#90239 10/13/12 06:30 PM
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Originally posted by KenJ:
Vicki,

Wonderful story so far! Keep up the good work. Glad to see that 'S' is with the Kents. If anyone can get him to trust them, they are the ones.

Good thing he listened in and heard the discussion. Love is a strong motivator, especially to someone who has never experienced it before.

I hope that Cameron is the one that 'gets it' and that it isn't one of the Kents that gives it to him. Better one of his own men.
Thank you, Ken. smile S sure is in a good place right now, huh? That is, despite the fact that Cameron is still out there, and most likely looking for him.

Love really *is* a strong motivator. It was so important that S overhear that conversation. Good thing the Kents wear their hearts on the sleeve. wink

What will happen to Cameron? Stay tuned!

Battle On,
Deadly Chakram

#90240 10/13/12 06:47 PM
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Originally posted by angelsgmaw:
I finally made the time to sit down and read.

This story is so bitter-sweet. Poor little S, unloved, unwanted, unknown wanders into the one place where there is love, and they want him. Now if he will only let them get to know him, he might have all the things he has wanted for as long as he has understood to long for them.

(Personal note for Vicki: You are writing about the one thing that is vacant in your life. Yet, you know that what will happen may take time, but it WILL happen. Have faith, and believe what you are writing.)

Great story. Sad, but great!
Pat
Hi, Pat! wave

I did want to play a little with what is fate and what is chance. So, Clark is (probably) fated to meet the Kents in every universe. No matter what, they will love him and help shape him into the man he becomes. (Unless, of course, I ever decide to do a real 180 type of story, that is wink )

Interesting that you bring up my situation. It actually never crossed my mind when I was writing this story, at all. I keep trying to stay positive, but, well, it's not always easy, and sometimes I *do* just sit and cry.

Anyway, thanks for stopping in!

Battle On,
Deadly Chakram

#90241 10/14/12 11:24 AM
Boards Chief Administrator
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
December 24, 1978
/pops Die Hard into VCR/ Well, the prequel (edited typo), where a Johnny McLane got rid of a group of terrorists trying to take over the college Christmas party.

And he certainly did not hear the carefree whistling as the man entered into his work shed, "Joy To The World" spilling out of his pursed lips.
hyper

He could be gone, miles away, before the man even knew what had happened.
[Linked Image]

"Can't," S said, shrugging.

"Can't?"

"Don't have a name," he said after a moment, mumbling mostly to himself.
evil

But he'd use his strength only if it was necessary. He didn't want to hurt the man in any way.
Yeah. Cam won’t be happy about that.

He wasn't a monster, the way Trask wanted him to be.
Not monster. Weapon. Well, smart bomb, really. /tries to remember which sci-fi movie had an A.I. controlled nuclear device with suicidal tendencies/

Everyone in Bureau Thirty-Nine kept their distance from him. Even Jenson rarely ever touched him, the once familiar pats on his shoulder now a thing of the distant past.
frown Not even a dog-collar and sticks (edited typo) snapped to it to lead him around?

"I can't help unless I know the problem. Is this person a family member?"

S shook his head. "No family at all."

"A caretaker then?"

S nodded. It was close enough to the truth. Although, S thought, master was more like it.

"Does he hurt you?"

"Sometimes," S said, feeling somewhat ashamed of the admission.

"What does he do?"

"I can't say."
Yeah, Jonathan is in no way going to think that alien probing had gone on there.

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, our favorite show, life, and more! (It’s almost like the IRC days of old again!)

I go by Michael on the Archives.
#90242 10/14/12 11:26 AM
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
How was he supposed to describe the torment Trask doled out with the Kryptonite he had?
S: He takes it out and then it hurts really bad.

But his traitorous stomach grumbled loudly. "I should leave. I don't want to bother you," he weakly tried to cover for his stomach.
Awwww hyper

It was the best food he'd ever had.
Duh!

It was piping hot and so flavorful as to be almost overwhelming for S and his keen senses of smell and taste.
Well, that’s so his delicate senses don’t get overwhelmed.

Were they like Trask, looking to find a way to control him?
Well, they *will* expected him to attend school. And help with the chores.

But he would leave footprints behind.
/points at falling snow/

At that moment, Jonathan's truck rumbled up the driveway and came to a halt.
He bringing a tree?

Jonathan got out of the cab and swiftly began to unload bags from the back. S watched as the man whisked the bags into the house.
Christmas presents! hyper

"There's one other thing," Jonathan was saying. "I stopped by the Sheriff's office before I went shopping."
Oh boy.

"I gave Frank a description of S."
hyper

"Everyone wants babies," Martha sighed in turn. "Maybe..."
hyper

To Be Continued...
wave Michael

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, our favorite show, life, and more! (It’s almost like the IRC days of old again!)

I go by Michael on the Archives.
#90243 10/15/12 08:51 AM
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
/pops Die Hard into VCR/ Well, the sequel, where a Johnny McLane got rid of a group of terrorists trying to take over the college Christmas party.
clap

“S”.
Also - "Hey you," "freak," "creature."

How about Santa Claus? It’s a poplar name that time of the year.
But, he's not wearing red?

CAM: Does that hurt:
S: No.
CAM: *hits him again with the green-studded bat* Liar.
S: Yes. Hurts.
CAM: *whistles happy tune from some Disney movie*
laugh There has not been. Trust me. laugh

Or, he could stay
He could!

Yeah. Cam won’t be happy about that.
Nope. Not in the least.

Not monster. Weapon. Well, smart bomb, really. /tries to remember which sci-fi movie had an A.I. controlled nuclear device with suicidal tendencies/
<thinks, can't come up with title or anything of use>

Not even a dog-collar and ticks snapped to it to lead him around?
Nope.

Yeah, Jonathan is in no way going to think that alien probing had gone on there.
laugh

Battle On,
Deadly Chakram

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard