Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3
#90118 10/05/12 08:03 PM
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Wrong Place, Wrong Time, Wrong Clark TOC can be found Here

Well, now he knows that the Kents know. Now what?

Comments?

Last edited by VirginiaR; 05/19/14 03:37 PM. Reason: Added Link

VirginiaR.
"On the long road, take small steps." -- Jor-el, "The Foundling"
---
"clearly there is a lack of understanding between those two... he speaks Lunkheadanian and she Stubbornanian" -- chelo.
J
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
J
Well, I was hoping we would get to some Lois and Clark together alone seens, so we could see him at least try to give an explanation. No such luck.

I was also figuring Lois would let a sick Clark in her room, it is not like he would really do anything. Apparently no such luck, but who knows. There is still a lot of time till they go to bed.

One thing is for sure these parts are no where near episode full installments.

At times I wish I had the patience to wait for a few between readings.

Well, I am glad that Clark managed to fenagle going with Lois and Thomas. I would like it more if it was just Lois and Clark, but o well.

I am not sure why Clark even tried to keep up the facade, since he already knew Martha and Jonathan knew who he really was. Oh well, we will see.

John Pack Lambert
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Originally posted by John Lambert:
Well, I was hoping we would get to some Lois and Clark together alone seens, so we could see him at least try to give an explanation. No such luck.
Soon, grasshopper. Paitience.

I was also figuring Lois would let a sick Clark in her room, it is not like he would really do anything. Apparently no such luck, but who knows. There is still a lot of time till they go to bed.
Yes, yes, there is. evil

One thing is for sure these parts are no where near episode full installments.
Um... no, sorry. <hangs head> I'm hoping the pace will increase as soon as they return to Metropolis. I had LOTS to say in Smallville. [Linked Image]

At times I wish I had the patience to wait for a few between readings.
Perfect time to catch up on "Missing Lois" recently added to the Archives ! peep <Did I mention that ML's the longest story on the Archives? laugh > If you've read that, try my silly Green-Eyed Monster and it's sequel Nightfall Honeymoon . If you want to read other people's stories, I recommend Female Hawk's extra-long fic Trusting Me, Trusting You (2nd longest fanfic, I believe, and voted best story of 2011.)

Well, I am glad that Clark managed to fenagle going with Lois and Thomas. I would like it more if it was just Lois and Clark, but o well.
I needed a good reason to get Lois out of the kitchen so Clark could talk to the Kents freely. And she couldn't well tell Thomas NOT to come after asking her to show him the way, now could she? And they left Jimmy back in Metropolis, so I needed a good substitute.

I am not sure why Clark even tried to keep up the facade, since he already knew Martha and Jonathan knew who he really was. Oh well, we will see.
Thomas. He didn't know. He doesn't want other people in Smallville to think he's related to the Kents (especially without the Kents say so).

VirginiaR.
---
"clearly there is a lack of understanding between those two... he speaks Lunkheadanian and she Stubbornanian" -- chelo.
C
Top Banana
Top Banana
C
As Clark and Lois sat down at the supper table to what looked and smelled to be the best roast chicken sandwiches he had ever eaten, he realized what he should have done. He should have changed out his business suit and into his ‘Jerome’ jeans and flannel shirt and claimed Lois had picked him up hitchhiking from Lawrence. He really was horrible at lying
The best lie is often closest to the truth, I suspect your parents would have (begrudgingly) admitted had they ever had the chance to help in this.

The only exception his folks ever made to the no lying rule, was not telling anyone, at any time, for any reason, Clark’s secret. His folks explained that that wasn’t really lying, but withholding information for his protection.
Hence my comment about them unhappily telling him how to (appropriately) lie, but almost never outright lieing (lying?).

“I’ll have Jerome help me set up your bedroom once we return. Thomas will be relieved to hear that you’ll be sharing a room, so he won’t have to sleep on the couch.”
I do have to wonder what they think of all of this. I'm guessing they didn't buy them being married. I don't think I could blame them anyway.

He knew the Daily Planet received calls for Superman’s assistance all the time. They had even hired someone to screen the calls, and pass the leads to the right desk. Many of the problems were outside of Superman’s ability to help. Although, he had caught a couple of suicides who had jumped off local bridges after loved ones had phoned in tips. Cases of corporate greed or swindling were funneled to the business or city reporters. Requests for financial assistance were referred to the Superman Foundation or other charitable organizations for review. Medical problems went to the health desk or 9-1-1. Domestic, elder, or child abuse went to the authorities at MPD. Very few actual calls made it to his or Lois’s desk to be investigated, or passed to the man himself, any more.
Very wise, using the "Superman" leads to create compelling stories that lead to change.

Finally, she cleared her throat and, speaking more softly, said, “A spaceship. Small and silver and definitely not from Kansas. We think its crash must have started the fire. I opened the hatch and found…” Her eyes closed tight and he could see tears brimming on her lashes before she went on, “ – the most darling baby boy. He had dark hair and couldn’t have been more than three months old.” Her eyes flashed open and over to him. “I’m so sorry, Jerome,” she said, reaching over and touching his sleeve. “He was already dead.” Her bottom lip shook in telling him this, and the tear she had been holding at bay let go of its mooring and fell.
She'd probably never told anyone else other than Johnathan and that would have been mostly a never-told tale even between them.

He gasped in anticipation as he realized what must be in the box. The globe. The other Lois had mentioned the one her Clark had with a map of Krypton and a message from Jor-El. How Clark wished he could have found his missing sphere, to hear his birth father’s voice, and his last words to him.
What is in the box is not what you're thinking, Clark.

She raised a hand to his cheek and brush her thumb across it. “For the same reason you believe me and don’t think I’m crazy; you already knew.”

He took a step back, his eyes wide. “How… How… I don’t know what… I didn’t know, I swear,” he stammered, clearly unconvincingly from her expression.

“Right,” she said with a wink. “That’s why you visit us and help us out all the time, and why you work at the Daily Planet and hail from Smallville, despite never having set foot here or on our property until this past spring. I didn’t call Lois this morning; I called you, Clark.” She knelt back down by the box, unfastening the latches. “And I’m guessing you know what this is, and why those men are looking for it.” She lifted up the lid and instead of seeing a round sphere, and he saw a large spiky green glowing meteorite. One he hoped never to see again.
I can just imagine the shocked look here.

“Jerome, man! You sneaky dog, you. You never said a word about being married to such a…” Thomas said clasping Clark on the shoulder, and then caught Lois’s expression of building irritation. “— beautiful woman.”
Hello knife! *twist twist*

“Estranged wife,” Lois corrected, and saw the Kents exchange another knowing look. “You lied to me, Jerome Lane. I’ve promised to help you out with your friends, here, but that doesn’t mean I’ve forgiven you, or that we’re back to where we were when you proposed.”
“Actually, Lois, you proposed to me…” he teased feebly, going for the joke to try and break the tension. It didn’t work
It would be true, of course this Lois never got to that point.

“Kryptonite, that’s what happened,” Clark said, with heavy sigh. “It’s the one thing in the world that can hurt me and cause me physical pain. Well…” He hesitated and with a pained smile, glanced out the doorway his ‘estranged wife’ had just departed through. “— the only thing besides Lois. It takes away my abilities and my invulnerability. It causes my head to hurt, makes me sick to my stomach, and drains all my energy, all my life-force.” Kind of like Lois.
Ah yes, the other kryptonite. I've always believed Lois was in her own way a form of kryptonite (or at least the Silver Age version probably thought of her that way considering how he tended to keep her at arm's length.)

Herb had said that Tempus had tried to kill the Clark of their dimension as an infant. That the ship had crashed in the afternoon. Tempus had found it, carried baby Kal-El to Rocky Cove, and covered the infant with Kryptonite. Lois, and the barely existing older Clark, had defeated Tempus, and saved baby Kal-El. Then Clark had taken the infant and flown him back to the ship, which was the streak in the sky that had caught Kents’ attention and drawn them towards the ship. Could someone else been tempted, as Tempus had been, to try and kill this Kal-El in the past, but this time had actually succeeded?
With Tempus never existing, I guess time finds another way to do what he did.

“You swallowed a bomb?” Jonathan sputtered.

Clark shrugged. “I wouldn’t recommend it. I had horrible gas for a week afterward.” He chuckled forlornly. That had been a dreadful week, between bridezilla Lana, wedding plans, meeting Lois and Herb Wells, learning about other dimensions, becoming Superman, losing Lana, meeting Tempus, being outed as an alien, and losing Lois. He sighed. “And no powers.”
rotflol

“Just a couple days, actually. I got my first-ever cut, several cuts actually, because I had to shave with a razor instead of heat vision,” Clark admitted, shaking his head.
Thank you for continuing the "kryptonite takes away his powers" thing. I always hated that the changed that in the second season.

“Geez, Chuck, you’re getting as over-protective as Superman. I’ll be with Thomas. I’ll be fine,” she said, her hands on her hips.

“Chuck?” Jonathan asked.

Lois’s eyes widened as she must have realized her faux pas.

“The last time we went undercover together, my alias was ‘Charles’,” Clark explained with a scratch to his head. “The nickname ‘Chuck’ kind of stuck.”
And in the process hinting at the fact that his name not Jerome (although I get the feeling they already knew that.)

“Okay, I’ll stay. I’m sure the Kents would love to hear the story of what happened to you at the Metro Club,” Clark retorted.
Clark: Lois and I made out in the closet and she got picked up by Lex Luther.

He grinned at the Kents. “How I love that woman.”
Oh letting them in on how much you like her early now, aren't you? Then again, your "cover" probably suggested that too.

CLARK: No. I'm just worried I'm a jinx.
JONATHAN: A jinx?
CLARK: Yeah. Let's face it, ever since she's known me, Lois's been kidnapped, frozen, pushed off buildings, almost stabbed, poisoned, buried alive and who knows what else, and it's all because of me.
-"Contact" (You're not her jinx, you're her blessing.)
J
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
J
Um... no, sorry. <hangs head> I'm hoping the pace will increase as soon as they return to Metropolis. I had LOTS to say in Smallville. [Linked Image]
Oh, I love the indepth nature of this story. I am perfectly fine with 10 part long episodes, especially since you have to do a lot more development in GGGoH.

</font><blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><hr /><font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Perfect time to catch up on "Missing Lois" recently added to the Archives ! hyper She might be dong the estranged wife line, but it could be worse. It could always be a lot worse. I don't even believe her line that she would leave him behind.

I am amazed that Lois was so harsh even after he collapsed. whinging Still, I can see why. She is really mad at him that A- he is lieing to her and B- he is not telling her at all what is going on.

On another issue, I love how Clark has paid enough attention to know there is a Sherrif Harris. He has not totally ignored that issue, he just did not bother making sure it was the same Harris. This could be fun. evil

John Pack Lambert
S
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
S
Hi Virginia,

It's Sunday morning (for me): good time to read and comment.

Clark couldn’t decide which would be worse: being alone with a fiery mad Lois or trying to make it through a meal with his new lie still intact.
CAT: Being alone with Mad Dog Lane when she is angry!

They had to know that it was impossible for him to be helping them out on the farm several times a week, if he lived in Metropolis
MARTHA: See, Jerome (or whatever is your name), WE KNOW that you are Superman.

CLARK: eek

Walt had then looked to Clark to dare and correct him. Tommy had burst into tears again, and Walt called him a crybaby.
Apparently, Walt is a jerk in every dimension!

Martha Kent crossed her arms and said, “Clark Jerome Kent, you wouldn’t ever lie to me, would you?” Then she waited as the guilt of his words settle in on him.

Clark hadn’t known that his mom knew the truth. Before he had made it home, Mrs. Irig had gotten the truth out of Tommy and called Mrs. Kent. Clark was already getting fast in those days, but clearly he was still slower than a telephone line. After five minutes of sitting on the bottom step of the stairs, he confessed the truth in tears.
Martha is the best!

True to his word, Walt had cut off their friendship and refused to have anything to do with ‘the tattletale’ ever again.
Better for you, Clark!

MARTHA: Of course!

That’s what I love about my little blueberry muffin,” Clark said, shooting a grin at Lois.

She slugged him. “Don’t call me that, Pinocchio.”
help

“Superman? Why him?”
MARTHA: Because I know that you are Superman, of course!

CLARK: eek

Her bottom lip shook in telling him this, and the tear she had been holding at bay let go of its mooring and fell.
wave

Sydney

Non ! non, c’est bien plus beau lorsque c’est inutile !
(Edmond Rostand)
Boards Chief Administrator
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Online Content
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
The Kents soon called the Lanes into the kitchen.
wave Michael

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, our favorite show, life, and more! (It’s almost like the IRC days of old again!)

I go by Michael on the Archives.
S
Merriwether
Merriwether
S
I'm loving that Martha has let Clark know she knows. I hope he gets a chance to tell her about his past. I almost thought Lois might have overheard something there.

Joan

Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Christina: smile1

Hello knife! *twist twist*
clap Not the whole Man of Steel, Woman of Kleenx issue (used in S2).

With Tempus never existing, I guess time finds another way to do what he did.
Actually, this dimension is the same as canon dimension up until the point where baby Clark dies and Tempus disappears, then it branches off. That's why this dimension is broken. We'll have a refresher course on this later.

Thank you for continuing the "kryptonite takes away his powers" thing. I always hated that the changed that in the second season.
You can't have GGGoH without Clark losing his powers. It would be like ASU with Clark having his memories. Where would be the fun in that? Yes, K effects him more like S1, in this story than the other seasons. In "Tempus Anyone?" I don't believe alt-Clark does anything Super after swallowing the bomb (except survive). He doesn't fly out to the podium when Perry introduces him (and Elvis), he walks. I figured, being his first exposure to Green K, it should at least affect him like it did Clark in GGGoH - for a while at least.

And in the process hinting at the fact that his name not Jerome (although I get the feeling they already knew that.)
Possibly.

Clark: Lois and I made out in the closet and she got picked up by Lex Luther.
That she got sold for $1500 without her knowledge.

Oh letting them in on how much you like her early now, aren't you? Then again, your "cover" probably suggested that too.
CLARK: A bit. blush But I can't help it. She's Lois!

VirginiaR.
---
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Originally posted by John Lambert:
Oh, I love the indepth nature of this story. I am perfectly fine with 10 part long episodes, especially since you have to do a lot more development in GGGoH.
smile1 Thank you. Did I say 10? wink It could be more than 10, or less. laugh

I went back on the table of contents page and read all of Missing Lois, or at least all I could take, a few weeks ago. It took me the better part of a week.
It's much better in Archive format. My G.E. Marcelle is super! hyper </font><hr /></blockquote><font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">I thought about leaving him behind but I just couldn't imagine super over-protective Clark doing that. Not when there's a chance Lois could be in danger.

She might be dong the estranged wife line, but it could be worse. It could always be a lot worse. I don't even believe her line that she would leave him behind.
Thomas wouldn't leave him behind, although I could see Clark telling them to go on and he'd catch up.

I am amazed that Lois was so harsh even after he collapsed. whinging Still, I can see why. She is really mad at him that A- he is lieing to her and B- he is not telling her at all what is going on.
LOIS: Plus, he keeps telling me that he's "Fine". I should believe him, right? <innocent look>

On another issue, I love how Clark has paid enough attention to know there is a Sherrif Harris. He has not totally ignored that issue, he just did not bother making sure it was the same Harris. This could be fun. evil
[Linked Image]

VirginiaR.
---
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Sydney: smile1

Not really, Clark. It's something .... green.
CLARK: Is it a new kind of vegitable that can end world hunger? hyper

TEMPUS (yes, I know, he doesn't exist) : <evil grin>
Yes, I can picture Tempus smiling at this point too.

Not a good idea!
Should she have suggested he x-ray the box first?

Of course, she doesn't know! She is Martha...
He loves her, but who knows, in this dimension, maybe she and Jonathan are really EVIL. You never know. It's possible.

I LOVE Jonathan, too!
That's one of my favorite paragraphs. It always makes me cry. whinging Shaving is such a right of passage for a young man, and I can imagine poor alt-Clark not being able to use a razor to shave his first stubble, and not knowing what to do. Not knowing who he can ask, or who he can trust. It must have been a very trying time for him.

MARTHA and JONATHAN: We know that!
MARTHA: Yes, dear, it's kind of obvious.

VirginiaR.
---
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Michael clap

/wonders if Jon-Jon will accidently spill some beans to Lois.
[Linked Image]

MARTHA: Prepped him for tomorrow’s dinner.
JONATHAN (*standing* behind Lois): Mjam Mjam.
LOIS: What?! Quick, Clark, call Superman!

CLARK: Er... Lois, about that...

Chicken allergy.
clap Is that why he has so much trouble with those feather pillows in HiM?

No, really. It *is*.
[Linked Image] She doesn't know about the rock.

Bad Clark. Falling ill before Lois could vent. She’s going to burst a blood vessel or something.
Well, his bedside manner is much better than hers...

Oh dear. Is she also going to make him a womanizer?
LOIS: What!? [Linked Image] He cheated on me too?

No, they don’t. It’s usually handled with rat-poison or lead.
CLARK: Not usually in Smallville, Lois.

For a moment, I thought she’d have Thomas share her bed.
No, but I had to get both of them out of the room so Clark could talk to the Kents. While Thomas and Clark look similar to one another (tall and dark), Thomas doesn't have the muscles Mr. Kent has.

*Just* like Lois. Only less painful.
Painful in a different way. Kryptonite pain only lasts for hours, sometimes days. Lois pain can last for weeks and months.

Almost correct.
But the possibility that the EXACT same plan was hatched by the same man in two different dimensions seems statistically small.

He could ask HG to take him back there.
[Linked Image] CLARK: But, if I save this dimension's Kal-El, HE'LL end up with Lois.

yeah, I can imagine having gas during that time would be awkward.
CLARK: Very awkward. I almost cleared out Perry's press conference. Thankfully it was outside.

Doc EVAZAN: You’ll be dead.
Sorry, not familiar. huh Although, his dialogue is what passed through Clark's mind.

Awwww, she’s such an adorable contradiction. Martha’s so not going to smell a rat. (Why would the estranged wife still tuck her husband in on the couch instead of let him sleep in their room? That’s something a non-sleeping-together couple might do.)
It's what he did for her when she got shot. So, she thought she should treat him just as patronizingly.

Right.
Clearly, Clark doesn't believe her either.

VirginiaR.
---
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Originally posted by scifiJoan:
I'm loving that Martha has let Clark know she knows. I hope he gets a chance to tell her about his past.
It's kind of difficult to tell him she recognizes the meteorite from when they found their Clark, if she doesn't tell him that she knows who he is. Plus, his cover story is so painful to watch, she has to tell him they know the truth.

I almost thought Lois might have overheard something there.
What? Lois and Clark eavesdropping? In THIS story? Never happens! [Linked Image] I always thought she might have overheard something in the allergies scene from GGGoH, but it was just the fax machine. That one track Lois.

CLARK: Tell me about it. Although, sometimes, I'm thankful she's not as aware of the world closer around her.

VirginiaR.
---
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Clark [took] a sip of the fresh milk. It was almost like being home again, except for the lying, and tension, and Mr. Irig taken hostage, and Lois stomping on his foot under the table, and all.
/laughing my fool head off/
laugh laugh laugh

Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Originally posted by IolantheAlias:
Clark [took] a sip of the fresh milk. It was almost like being home again, except for the lying, and tension, and Mr. Irig taken hostage, and Lois stomping on his foot under the table, and all.
/laughing my fool head off/
laugh laugh laugh
Thanks, Io. I aim to please. smile1

VirginiaR.
---
S
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
S
Hi Virginia,

He loves her, but who knows, in this dimension, maybe she and Jonathan are really EVIL. You never know. It's possible.
I don't think so!

A story with evil Martha and Jonathan? I don't know if somebody wrote that story, but I'm not sure I'd want to read it. I love Martha and Jonathan too much!

Martha is the best!
I'd adopt her.
Yes! Me too!

wave

Sydney

Non ! non, c’est bien plus beau lorsque c’est inutile !
(Edmond Rostand)
C
Top Banana
Top Banana
C
Originally posted by Sydney:
I don't think so!

A story with evil Martha and Jonathan? I don't know if somebody wrote that story, but I'm not sure I'd want to read it. I love Martha and Jonathan too much!
I don't think my evil-Clark story that is in perpetual drafting even has an Evil Martha or Jonathan. I can't really get my mind around it. It's possible (considering the Lex Luthor of that world actually IS a good man and philanthropist) but I don't think they would show up in it. I can't really see an evil Martha or Jonathan. I can't even wrap my mind around it.

CLARK: No. I'm just worried I'm a jinx.
JONATHAN: A jinx?
CLARK: Yeah. Let's face it, ever since she's known me, Lois's been kidnapped, frozen, pushed off buildings, almost stabbed, poisoned, buried alive and who knows what else, and it's all because of me.
-"Contact" (You're not her jinx, you're her blessing.)
J
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
J
I thought it made alot of sense that Clark thought it would be the globe in the box. Too bad it wasn't, although I also knew it wouldn't be.

So did he not find the globe at the Beureau 39 warehouse in this dimension, I had totally missed that he had not found it there.

I also did not notice that Martha called him Clark on my first read. Hm, he is going to have to straiten things out with Martha and Jonathan.

John Pack Lambert
J
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
J
smile1 Thank you. Did I say 10? wink It could be more than 10, or less. laugh
The 10 was just a rough estimate, I am ok with a little more. clap

On "Missing Lois" I skimmed through some of it, mainly around the first halloween, and then on the trip to Memphis on the return, but I got all the way to the end. I liked it, but I am not really up to a reread. I have liked "Green-eyed monster" and have tried hard to not skim to rush ahead. At first it seemed to realistic and depressing. I mean, being stick in dead-end retail jobs is more what me and many of my friends have had then exciting newspaper jobs. Still, I am really liking it, realism is good (even if someone is going to tell me Clark is always unrealitic with his abilities, and maybe his inate goodness.)

A lot longer than Labrat's "Masques" which is the 2nd or 3rd longest story, but I skipped a lot more with Masques, and skimmed a lot more.
I don't think I've read that one yet.
It is a redoing of the first marriage which ends up lacking a lot of the argh qualities. No Wanda Detoit and no Lois amnesia.

I thought about leaving him behind but I just couldn't imagine super over-protective Clark doing that. Not when there's a chance Lois could be in danger.
Yes, Clark is not about to let this Lois die as well.

John Pack Lambert
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Online Content
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Michael [Shock] Was it something I wrote? It was the whole back-story on Walt and Thomas wasn't it? Oh, dear. I guess I could cut out that whole side story, but then Smallville would make a whole less sense and the story would be shorter and... What's that? Oh, yes, I guess this part was a tad shorter than most of the other parts in this arc. That could have something to do with it.
smile1

CLARK: See! I'm not the only one who thinks she's sexy. Hey! Wait a minute.
[Linked Image]

quote: /takes Clark to the hallway mirror/

CLARK: ... er... thanks.
You’re welcome.

LOIS: Nope. I wouldn't have stopped.

CLARK: I could have asked her to stop at a gas station and changed in the restroom.

LOIS: Nope. Wouldn't have stopped.
But Clark would have been down to his undies.

Walt brother of Nor. Hmmmm. Might work. Rachel was a twin to Max, so unless they put two babies in one capsule...
Oh. Oops?

To when his folks died and he STILL wasn't fast enough?
Kinda… wave Michael

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, our favorite show, life, and more! (It’s almost like the IRC days of old again!)

I go by Michael on the Archives.
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard