#90090 10/04/12 08:20 AM
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Sooooo....he's free... laugh

Battle On,
Deadly Chakram

"Being with you is stronger than me alone." ~ Clark Kent

"One little spark of inspiration is at the heart of all creation." ~ Figment the Dragon

Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
Awesome! Loved it! Can't wait for the next chapter as I suspect he's about to be discovered by a kindly farming couple! smile

More soon please!

clap

Cheers
Elizabeth

Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Awwwww. What a great Christmas present for the Kents! He's sure developing his powers early. Only 12. Hopefully in this dimension the Kents didn't die in 1976, like in alt-dimension.

Yea! smile1 He's away. Poor 'S'. I just want to give him a hug. I think it's so sad that his family crest is now considered a symbol of B39 to him and his captivity.

Can't wait for more! hyper

<post early, post early, post early> [Linked Image]

VirginiaR.
"On the long road, take small steps." -- Jor-el, "The Foundling"
---
"clearly there is a lack of understanding between those two... he speaks Lunkheadanian and she Stubbornanian" -- chelo.
J
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
J
I am very glad that he got away. hyper I just hope he finds some people to take care of him, since he is only 12 and all.

John Pack Lambert
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
To me it's shocking that he doesn't know how to read at age 12. That makes total sense, because Trask doesn't want his slave getting ideas and getting uppity, but reading has been so important to me in my life that I always get chills when someone is not educated.

Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Originally posted by elizabeth:
Awesome! Loved it! Can't wait for the next chapter as I suspect he's about to be discovered by a kindly farming couple! smile

More soon please!

clap

Cheers
Elizabeth
Thanks, Elizabeth! laugh

Will he be found by a certain loving couple? Perhaps. Or did he wind up on a different farm? Perhaps. laugh

More soon, I promise.

Battle On,
Deadly Chakram

"One little spark of inspiration is at the heart of all creation." ~ Figment the Dragon

Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Originally posted by VirginiaR:
Awwwww. What a great Christmas present for the Kents! He's sure developing his powers early. Only 12. Hopefully in this dimension the Kents didn't die in 1976, like in alt-dimension.

Yea! smile1 He's away. Poor 'S'. I just want to give him a hug. I think it's so sad that his family crest is now considered a symbol of B39 to him and his captivity.

Can't wait for more! hyper

<post early, post early, post early> [Linked Image]
Hi, Virginia!

Yes, his powers are coming in early. I borrowed what I could from the little the show told us. Alt Clark said he was 10 and getting fast, but bot fast enough to save his folks. Martha said Clark was 13 when he started doing the heavy lifting, but indicated that he was getting strong before that. This Clark, like ours, won't fly until he's 18. Martha also says to Lois that Clark chose (I think around 13) to never let anyone know he was different, which indicates more than one power manifesting by then, at least to me. The rest I made come in according to my own timetable. Of course, it's always possible that dire circumstances pushed his powers to manifest a little on the earlier side. wink

More soon - I promise! Look for an update late Wed or early, early Thrus. My best friend is getting married on Friday, so I'll be swamped with rehearsal/wedding stuff, which means earlier posting from me! laugh

Battle On,
Deadly Chakram

Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Originally posted by John Lambert:
I am very glad that he got away. hyper I just hope he finds some people to take care of him, since he is only 12 and all.
Hi, John! Well, he'll be meeting one or two people in the very next chapter... laugh

Battle On,
Deadly Chakram

Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Originally posted by IolantheAlias:
To me it's shocking that he doesn't know how to read at age 12. That makes total sense, because Trask doesn't want his slave getting ideas and getting uppity, but reading has been so important to me in my life that I always get chills when someone is not educated.
Me too, Io. Which is part of the reason why I had to add that in - the pure horror factor. Plus, it simply would not do if "S" could read about all the wonderful things in the world and decide to revolt against his master. wink

Battle On,
Deadly Chakram

S
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
S
Loved it!

A few tools? Jonathan!

A canvas? Martha!

I hope "S" is in Smallville, for his first Christmas! And I can't wait for the next chapter!

wave

Sydney

Non ! non, c’est bien plus beau lorsque c’est inutile !
(Edmond Rostand)
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Originally posted by Sydney:
Loved it!

A few tools? Jonathan!

A canvas? Martha!

I hope "S" is in Smallville, for his first Christmas! And I can't wait for the next chapter!

wave
Thank you, Syndey! smile Could it be? Could it really be the Kents? Stay tuned... laugh

Battle On,
Deadly Chakram

Boards Chief Administrator
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
December 23, 1978
Awwww 12 y/o and Christmas!

S sat alone in his cell, on the rough army cot that served as his bed.
If that doesn’t encourage him to float, nothing will (except a naked Lois).

And yet, on the other hand, S had never really liked being alone, with no one to talk to.
He could scratch stories into the walls?

Things he didn't tell Jenson, or anyone, for that matter, about.

Things that terrified the twelve year old boy.
Hush, Clark. That’s totally normal for a boy your age.

The faltering heart rhythm of Eric Princely had alerted S to the fact that the man's heart was diseased. Princely had dropped dead an hour later.
Well, next time he’ll know to mention it?

What did he care if Cameron was upset with his son, Jason, for dropping out of college? What was college anyway?
Oh boy. See, Clark, it’s a place where strong boys learn on how to prey on the weak and girls.

If he tried hard enough, he could see right through objects.
Well, to be fair, Cameron has been pretty transparent even before that.

Every night since then, S had spent some time working on the ability, and enjoying the view it afforded him of the outside world.
hyper

"Leave enough food for S."
Let’s hope their dog has learned not to eat all of it at once.

He couldn't imagine what it would be like.
/imagines S trying to improvise by putting a couple of the staff into little parcels, using their clothes as wrapping material, trussing up and grilling Cameron, and then sitting down opposite Jenson for a peaceful meal of stuffed Trask/

He'd even settle just for one real friend.
Maybe he could conjure one up in his mind?

And, as he stared, a thin line of searing heat emanated from his eyes.
Oooooooooh!

S could hear their drunken singing, could hear the glasses of spiked eggnog clinking together as they all swallowed down another round.
I’m thinking someone’s not going to get their Christmas bonuses.

But gradually, S was able to focus it, strengthen it, and shape it into a effective, precise laser. S worked at the door until it he managed to cut a hole in it, wide enough for him to crawl through.
/imagines scene from The Phantom Menace/

It was, unfortunately, a huge red flag of how he'd escaped, but he didn't care.
CAMERON: Darn that Kenobi!

It perfectly matched the one he was forced to wear on the back and chest of all of his shirts, like a shameful brand, marking him as Cameron's property.
Oh my.

He couldn't read the words inside anyway. No one had ever taken the time to teach him.
frown How’s he supposed to find his target in a big city if he can’t read the signs?

Glancing around the room, his eyes flickered to the small globe resting on one of the bookshelves. S couldn't explain it, but he had always felt drawn to the object.
Oooooooh!

Satisfied, he stepped over to the shelf and grabbed the globe, stretching on the tips of his toes in order to reach the high shelf.
Oh dear. Will it immediate start to glow?

A single word formed in his mind, whispered from the deepest part of his consciousness.

Krypton.
laugh

S was barely aware of anything as he ran.
Is he going to run to Metropolis, so he can meet a feisty 11-y/o?

What was Krypton?
A noble gas.

How long would it take before his absence was noted?
Several days, unless they also have cleaning staff.

How long before they found his trail?
Depends on how deep a grove he dug while running.

He came across a flat swath of land dotted with farmsteads.
Oh my. The Kents?

Next to the tidy farmhouse was a work shed.
[Linked Image]

An easel stood in one corner of the shed, a canvas still on it.
wave Michael

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, our favorite show, life, and more! (It’s almost like the IRC days of old again!)

I go by Michael on the Archives.
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Awwww 12 y/o and Christmas!
Because who doesn't like Christmas? Unless you've been locked away all your life and don't know anything about the holiday...

If that doesn’t encourage him to float, nothing will (except a naked Lois).
clap Have yourself a zombie little Christmas!

Maybe he could conjure one up in his mind?
Imagination is strictly outlawed in Trask-land?

I’m thinking someone’s not going to get their Christmas bonuses.
Thinking someone might get their Christmas...err..."severance package."

CAMERON: Darn that Kenobi!
Ben (as he walks S out the door): "This is not the alien child you are looking for."

How’s he supposed to find his target in a big city if he can’t read the signs?
Well...The DP has a big shiny globe on it, right? And S is being trained to take over the world, right? So, it stands to reason he'd be drawn to it. wink

Oh dear. Will it immediate start to glow?
Kinda sorta?

Is he going to run to Metropolis, so he can meet a feisty 11-y/o?
Not quite. Never crossed my mind to do that. :p

A noble gas.
Clark: Gas can be noble? I always thought it was kinda gross when Trask did that!

Several days, unless they also have cleaning staff.
<points to patrolling guards>

Depends on how deep a grove he dug while running.
clap

Oh my. The Kents?
Maybe?

Martha’s going to have a fun surprise in the morning.
<wraps Clark in red ribbon with a bow>

/waits for said morning/
Very soon!

Thanks for the feedback, Michael!

Battle On,
Deadly Chakram

Kerth
Kerth
So good! Clark's finally escaped! I was holding my breath the whole chapter, and he's finally at the Kents! /sigh of relief/ I can't believe actually that this is only chapter 3-- was surprised when I realized it was and we'd already seen little Clark go through so much pain! (Which means you're doing a good job, by the way wink It's excrutiatingly painful.)

Can't wait for more! Wonder how Jonathan/Martha will react when they find him the next day. hyper

Nothing spoils a good story like the arrival of an eye witness.
--Mark Twain
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Originally posted by Mouserocks:
So good! Clark's finally escaped! I was holding my breath the whole chapter, and he's finally at the Kents! /sigh of relief/ I can't believe actually that this is only chapter 3-- was surprised when I realized it was and we'd already seen little Clark go through so much pain! (Which means you're doing a good job, by the way wink It's excrutiatingly painful.)

Can't wait for more! Wonder how Jonathan/Martha will react when they find him the next day. hyper
Hi, Mouse! wave

So glad you are enjoying the story. I know I did a lot to poor little Clark in just three chapters. And, well, I can't promise that all the pain is gone from his life, now that he is free. Whoever's farm he wound up on is certainly in for a big surprise in the morning, huh? laugh

Thanks for stopping in!

Battle On,
Deadly Chakram

Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Because who doesn't like Christmas? Unless you've been locked away all your life and don't know anything about the holiday...
That’s what Lois is for, isn’t it? wave Michael

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, our favorite show, life, and more! (It’s almost like the IRC days of old again!)

Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
That’s what Lois is for, isn’t it?
She'll just be so thrilled someone has had worse childhood Christmases that she has?

Didn’t know that back then. Maybe he could do pictures?
Oooh! Hieroglyphics!

They’re going to have to cut their own heads off? Now that’s just mean spirited. Just wait till HR hears about it.
clap

That’s what Cam gets for stuffing S into a small cell. Thinks that the DP is the whole world.
rotflol And that Ralph's pagoda is authentic Chinese food?

/checks board/ Huh.
Late Wed/early Thurs. laugh

Battle On,
Deadly Chakram

Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
She'll just be so thrilled someone has had worse childhood Christmases that she has?
That, too. But I thought telling Clark about Christmas.

And that Ralph's pagoda is authentic Chinese food?
laugh

Late Wed/early Thurs.
*sigh*

wave Michael

Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Late Wed/early Thurs
Darn! I was sure this said Tues / Wed. whinging

VirginiaR.
"On the long road, take small steps." -- Jor-el, "The Foundling"
---
"clearly there is a lack of understanding between those two... he speaks Lunkheadanian and she Stubbornanian" -- chelo.
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Originally posted by VirginiaR:
Late Wed/early Thurs
Darn! I was sure this said Tues / Wed. whinging
I'm still awake (*sigh*) so I'll just post now. smile

Battle On,
Deadly Chakram

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard