Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Wrong Place, Wrong Time, Wrong Clark TOC can be found Here

evil

Comments?

Last edited by VirginiaR; 05/19/14 03:42 PM. Reason: Added Link

VirginiaR.
"On the long road, take small steps." -- Jor-el, "The Foundling"
---
"clearly there is a lack of understanding between those two... he speaks Lunkheadanian and she Stubbornanian" -- chelo.
J
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
J
It is working better than I expected, especially since they did not go through town. I am waiting for Thomas to come and yell out "Jerome" though.

John Pack Lambert
S
Merriwether
Merriwether
S
I don't know how long Clark can get away with this. I love Lois feeling like hugging Martha when she first sees her. I hope even if Clark doesn't come clean with Lois, that he'll talk with his parents.

Joan

C
Top Banana
Top Banana
C
Lois didn’t let him out of her sight. They went to Clark’s apartment to grab his clothes. Clark offered to have her drop him off and meet up with her at her apartment later. No such luck.
Trying to prevent him from running out on you, eh?

Either she had planned in advance a romantic getaway to Kansas, which he highly doubted, or her story about the captive farmer was on the up-and-up and they were headed to somewhere near Smallville. After they finished this assignment, she’d probably be interested in doing a drive-by to his old stomping grounds. Either way, he was toast.
I wonder how this would have gone if he had gotten to the note first. Probably would have gone off on his own, no doubt.

“Lois, you’ve seen Bureau 39 behind everything in Metropolis since we met them,” Clark said, trying not to let it show that she had actually made him nervous with her ridiculous paranoid theory. Was Bureau 39 in Kansas? Had they found the Smallville file?
Yes and Yes. You have every right to be nervous this time, Clark.

She shook her head. “I refuse to take that chance with Superman. We’ll check it out first, and you can call him if it’s something we can’t handle. Not everything is a ‘job for Superman’, you know.” Then she wiggled her eyebrows suggestively and leaned in to kiss him, stopping short. “Oh, sorry, I just took a bite of my candy bar, and I taste like chocolate,” she said, covering her mouth for a second before taking another bite of her Double Fudge Crunch bar.
Lois: *shrugs* Chocolate before kisses. Usually this is a no-brainer. Now? No so much.

It seems like this post is not allowing my full FDK so stay tuned for part 2!

CLARK: No. I'm just worried I'm a jinx.
JONATHAN: A jinx?
CLARK: Yeah. Let's face it, ever since she's known me, Lois's been kidnapped, frozen, pushed off buildings, almost stabbed, poisoned, buried alive and who knows what else, and it's all because of me.
-"Contact" (You're not her jinx, you're her blessing.)
C
Top Banana
Top Banana
C
The Kents had greeted him warmly each and every time he saw them, and had even offered him supper on the odd occasion. He had thought their friendship was making great progress. They were always glad to see him and never asked probing questions. Visiting Smallville had become sort of a rest pit from dealing with Lois’s recent inquisitiveness into his past and, not to mention, her mood swings.
Family without them being family.

It wasn’t a hopeful kind of sigh, more a regretful one, so Clark looked over to see what she was looking at.

She had the magazine open at a ninety degree angle and he could only see one of the two pages. It was an advertisement for a new kind of baby monitor, and showed an adorable brown haired, brown eyed baby lying in a crib. Was Lois sighing about babies? Lois?

His anxious heart that was already beating at a thousand miles a minute, doubled its speed and lodged itself into his throat. Did she want one? Already? Lois and babies? He hadn’t really thought about her as a mother before, round with child, caring for a little bundle of joy, but now that he knew she wanted to be one, the idea excited him.
And the way to make a baby is pretty enjoyable too, isn't it Clark?

Clark: *blushes* no comment.

On the page opposite the baby monitor ad was a travel article on Tahiti.

Clark’s heart dropped out of his throat and landed with a thud into his shoes. She hadn’t been sighing about babies. She had been sighing about Tahiti. He remembered how she had wanted Superman to fly her there after he had rescued her from the Metropolis Sewage Reclamation Facility.

Suddenly, a new set of images raced through Clark’s mind, and none of them had to do with how she had looked that night. Lois at the beach, lying in a skimpy bikini on the sand, splashing in the waves, all wet, wearing flowers in her hair, kissing him at sunset as the water lapped at their feet, making love in a cabin on the beach with a gentle breeze moving the gauzy curtains of their room. He gulped, and shifted uncomfortably in his seat.
Going to make staying away from her in the red suit all the harder isn't it, Clark?

Clark: *blushes even deeper* It doesn't mean I won't keep trying to stay away.

She frowned and shut the magazine. “I don’t think so, Clark. That was another dream, for another time,” she said, letting go of his hand to return the magazine to the seat pocket in front of her. “It wouldn’t be the same.”

Lois had told Superman that she wanted to go to Tahiti, and Superman had said he would take her there someday. The sigh had probably been for the trip she’d now never take there with Superman.

Clark hated that he was still jealous of that fake side of himself. He hated that Lois wasn’t completely over her love for Superman. He hated that he, Clark Kent, wasn’t enough for her. The fact that he was Superman should have made a dent in his current bout of self-loathing, soothing his bruised ego, but it didn’t.
Lois: *muttering to herself* Until he can be fully truthful with me how can I trust him enough for such a trip?

Poor Clark.

He started drumming his fingers on his leg, feeling decidedly trapped inside that car. He wished Lois had opted for the convertible that had been available. The open air would have done wonders for this feeling of being a caged animal. If they were in a convertible, he could just unbuckle his seatbelt and escape into the dark night’s sky.
I wonder if Lois is paying any attention to his body language here because it's screaming, "I'm telling! I'm telling!"

There was a flick of the curtain as an older woman with strawberry blond hair and glasses glanced out the window. Lois’s chest began to throb with pure misery. She knew that woman. Her first desire was to wrap her arms around the woman – whom she knew in her heart to be Martha Kent – and cry. This feeling was both overpowering and confusing. Why would she feel such a kinship to a woman she had never met? Seeing this woman made Lois both want to cry and to kiss Clark. She was suddenly so thankful that he was alive.
Ah, the double deja vu kicking in to help nudge her trust the right way again.

“Hi. We spoke on the phone. I’m Lois Lane from the Daily Planet, and this is my…” Lois said, turning to indicate Clark.

“Husband. Jerome. Jerome Lane,” Clark said, wrapping one hand around Lois’s waist and holding out his hand.
eek rotflol Oh he is going to get into so much trouble for this.

Oh poor Clark, playing the "beat down" (bad phrasing, trying to come up with a better one) to Lois's upset wife. Would two beds be better for this couple I wonder?

CLARK: No. I'm just worried I'm a jinx.
JONATHAN: A jinx?
CLARK: Yeah. Let's face it, ever since she's known me, Lois's been kidnapped, frozen, pushed off buildings, almost stabbed, poisoned, buried alive and who knows what else, and it's all because of me.
-"Contact" (You're not her jinx, you're her blessing.)
J
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
J
Lois didn’t let him out of her sight.
What happens if Superman is really needed? Is CK still being light on the Superman apparenaces by the way?

They went to Clark’s apartment to grab his clothes. Clark offered to have her drop him off and meet up with her at her apartment later. No such luck.
He has snuck off too many times.

“Time is of the essence, Chuck,” she reminded him.
Then wouldn't it be faster if they were both getting their stuff at the same time?

He thought he could sneak out while she was packing,
Doesn't he see she is not gong to let him sneak off, ever again.

she actually brought him into her bedroom
Well it is not his first time in there. Although this time won't even be as romantic as last time. frown

He had even volunteered to wait in the living room for her modesty’s sake
After what happened in the supply closet at the Metro Club, I do not think she believes this claim one bit. He is acting too suspicious for her to trust him, even if she had not talked to Martha Kent. He should just be glad Martha does not regularly use her maiden name in introducing herself. If she had introduced herself as Martha Clark Kent, he would be really dead meat.

“We’re partners and dating now, aren’t we?” she teased,
hyper she admits to dating. Things can not be totally horrible. OK, she has not gone to Kansas yet, so maybe they can be.

her innocent expression not at all convincing.
Lois: Well, I don't want him to get out of my sight. That is something no girlfriend wants, right. Especially when they think their boyfriend is hiding something from them.

No secrets, right?
Clark, she knows. Tell her what the J really stands for now.

Eiher she had planned in advance a romantic getaway to Kansas, which he highly doubted,
Kansas can be romantic. How else could people make a 10 season-long almost soap opera starting Clark Kent set there, at least for most of the seasons?

or her story about the captive farmer was on the up-and-up and they were headed to somewhere near Smallville.
Lois: evil

Lois remained by his side at the airport as well,
See, I am a good girlfriend, sticking by my man. evil Also, I am not getting into danger, he who we try not to think of too much in the blue suit would be so proud.

not letting him go away further than the restroom.
Wouldn't this still give him a chance for an extremely quick trip to Kansas? Or do the airport restrooms lack convenient exit methods? Still even if he had to rush back throgh the airport, can't he just travel so fast no one sees him?

He couldn’t even make a phone call,
Clark you really should get a cell phone.

although he wasn’t exactly sure who he would call. It wasn’t like he had the Kents’ phone number,
Lois: Kent you need to learn a lot better snooping skills from me. Always get phone numbers for everyone you know. See, you are not up to Kerth material yet if you know people for however long you have known Martha and don't get their phone number.

and what he would say if he called?
"Hi, this is Jerome. I am coming to visit with my work associate who only knows me by my other name Clark. We have to chekc out some farmer taken prisoner by supposed government agents, but when we come by your place, just plase call me Clark."

No, calling was out. He needed to fly in and make sure they were all right.
Just aske Lois who called her. She can tell you the Kents are OK. Whether she will at this point, who knows.

“Maybe we should contact Superman and have him check out this hostage thing before we go all the way out to Kansas,” Clark had suggested as they waited for their plane.
And let him difuse the situation and give the Topeka Journal the scoop? No way, Mr. Kent. If we want to get a really good story here, we need to be ready before Superman shows up.

Lois raised a brow. “Well, I’ve been thinking about that. Federal agents, or men acting as federal agents, doing things that they shouldn’t. Sound familiar?”
She is thinking deeply on the situation.

“Lois, you’ve seen Bureau 39 behind everything in Metropolis since we met them,”
Why not? Crazed, rouge government agents show up, throw her out of a plane, clean out a warehouse full of intriging material, and then vanish. They killed Mr. Thompson too if I remember correctly. So they feel above the law, murder, and have no respect for her, but want to prevent sexual relations with Superman. Clark sees Lex everywhere, Lois sees Bureau 39, eventually one or the other might be right. Maybe they both could be, Bureau 39 and Lex could join forces. She might be wrong sometimes, but so is Clark in suspecting Lex, so it all works. Well, actually, has Clark been wrong with any of his suspicions of Lex to date? Well, I guess he was wrong in suspecting Lex might kill Lois. Although he did shot her.

trying not to let it show that she had actually made him nervous with her ridiculous paranoid theory. Was Bureau 39 in Kansas? Had they found the Smallville file?
He doesn't know where Kryptonite first landed, does he?

Not everything is a ‘job for Superman’, you know.” Then she wiggled her eyebrows suggestively and leaned in to kiss him, stopping short. “Oh, sorry, I just took a bite of my candy bar, and I taste like chocolate,” she said, covering her mouth for a second before taking another bite of her Double Fudge Crunch bar.
Wow, Lois is being extremely cruel. I thought we were going to get this evil I am giving him plenty of alone time. Alone with me. That is the type of alone time boyfriends want, right.

Clark: It doesn't count if you eat double-fudge chocolate.

Lois: Hey, you can still kiss me.

Clark: Hm, and then I would have a really reason to be away for a little bit.

He had just visited the farm last week or, technically, Jerome had.
Well, at least people will recognize him.

eating yet another candy bar.
Hey, I want a realy wedding cake. If I do this enough around Clark he will associate chocolate with me, and not his parents death, so we can have a real wedding cake evil

For those slow on Lois speak real wedding cake=chocolate.

Lois at the beach, lying in a skimpy bikini on the sand, splashing in the waves, all wet, wearing flowers in her hair, kissing him at sunset as the water lapped at their feet, making love in a cabin on the beach with a gentle breeze moving the gauzy curtains of their room.
Well, her teasing has not had any negative impacts on how Clark feels about her.

She frowned and shut the magazine. “I don’t think so, Clark. That was another dream, for another time,” she said, letting go of his hand to return the magazine to the seat pocket in front of her. “It wouldn’t be the same.”

Lois had told Superman that she wanted to go to Tahiti, and Superman had said he would take her there someday. The sigh had probably been for the trip she’d now never take there with Superman.
On the first reading I thought Clark was being a bit obtuse. However, on re-reading while I still see why Lois might not want to go to Tahiti, I think she needs to see that her holding onto Superman like this is really hurting Clark. Of course, she does not realize he knows how much she wanted to go to Tahiti. Nor does she realize that he became emotionally invested in taking her there months ago.

Lois only loving Superman was almost as bad as Lana only having loved Clark Kent.
Clark that is not fair. Superman is not the one who kissed Lois yesterday. Do I have my timing right? Nor was Superman the one who she let feel her up, or who she ate pasta with in a very suggestive manner.

A part of his mind tried to remind him that it had been him, Clark Kent, that she had been kissing, teasing, and cuddling with on Sunday, but this dark side of him smothered that hope with the thought that he doubted she ever sighed about him in that manner.
If you only know Clark, if you only knew.

“I’m from Kansas,” Clark replied weakly.
Lois: However, I am the one who actually knows where we are going.

She still hadn’t informed him of her coup de grace – the Kents.
I still think Lois has far too low an estimation of how many people live in Kansas.

She couldn’t wait until she saw his face when they knocked on that front door.
He will have miles and miles to prepare, so there won't be much shock.

Liars, that was who!
But Lois, he has told you exactly why he does not have a credit card. You just thought he was joking about that, when it was the truth.

“The financially responsible,” Clark responded, taking the keys from her.
He does have a very good point.

He chuckled. “Have both ever been accomplished by any of your passengers?”
Bad Clark. Don;t insult Lois' driving.

Lois shot him a scowl. “You could always walk.”

“I choose sit back and relax,” Clark said,
I was expecting him to try to take the walk option. It would give him the chance to get away from Lois for a bit.

“Convenient,” Lois grumbled. She wondered if Clark had blackmail on Perry, which would explain why their boss wasn’t interested in her sub-investigation on who her partner really was.
Lois, has Clark ever blackmailed anyone. Come on, don't be so ridiculous. This is not Lex we are dealing with.

He laughed. “Well, all except for the last one.
They really need to start including candy corn in the festival.

“Art, music, theatre,” Lois answered smugly. She already missed the noise from the city.

“Crime, drugs, poverty,” he retorted as if those things didn’t happen in the country.
Well, there is also lots of art, music and theatre in places like Kansas, so neither claim is fair.

“Yeah. Yeah. If it’s so great out here, why are we still waiting for this train to pass?”
I have waited for plenty of trains to pass in the city limits of Detroit, so it is not like waiting at a train crossing is really only a rural experience.

“Home stay. A family from town has offered to house us as their guests. Apparently Mr. Earwig is a pillar of the community, and people are worried.
This is 100% true if the community in question is the Kent/Irig farm complex.

Could Lois’s off the wall theory about Bureau 39 coming to Smallville actually be accurate?
All of Lois' theories are potentially accurate.

“We’ve met,” he said vaguely. He knew the Wayne Irig of his dimension very well indeed, having lived with the Irigs during his junior year in high school. The Wayne Irig of this dimension, he had only met once, briefly. Thomas had introduced them. Actually, neither Clark Kent nor Superman had met Wayne Irig, Jerome had.
Go as close to the truth as possible.

“I know his son Thomas,” Clark answered honestly. Only, he didn’t. Jerome did.
He is really good at thinking of himself in the 3rd person.

Why hadn’t they just gone to Rachel? As Sheriff of Lawrence County she was the person they should have called, not the press.
he should have made sure details like who the sherrif were were the same. Although I can't really think why it should have matter. Well, yes, he should have figured Lois would become inquisitive about him, but he really did not account for the Lex effect.

Unfortunately, telling her that he was Superman wasn’t in the cards just yet. Clark wanted to tell her the secret, but for her protection he had decided that he should only do so when he was absolutely certain of her heart. Okay, it was also partly for his protection. If she loved Clark, well and truly loved him, she was more likely to forgive him for keeping this secret from her. Until then, not so much.
The problem is she will not bring herself to fully love Clark Kent until she knows the whole truth about him. They have set up a catch-22, where neither can move forward because it is conditioned on the others actions.

And, truthfully, there was another reason he didn’t want to tell her he was Superman. Would knowing that Superman was her partner make her more cocky? Would knowing that Clark was right there to save the day if she screwed up, which, sadly, happened often enough already without her knowing, make her feel like she could take bigger risks? Would Lois chance her life for a story, knowing that her back-up was Superman?
I am not sure Lois could be more reckless. Anyway, this problem won't be solved by Lois unconditionally loving Clark.

“We can get those later, Lois,” Clark suggested, lightly touching her arm.
Why has he given up on trying to procrastinate for time.

“Husband. Jerome. Jerome Lane,” Clark said, wrapping one hand around Lois’s waist and holding out his hand.
At least he did not call himself her borther. That would make things even more acward later on.

“Oh, sorry about that… uh… Lois. She hates it when I interrupt her. Bad habit,” Clark said, giving her an apologetic smile and ‘help me’ expression.
He is thinking on his feet fairly well. I am not sure this is a good plan, but he is holding it up fairly well, so far.

She wondered if he knew these people already knew that Clark Kent was her partner.
Obviously not. If he did, he would have realized the game was up with them.

“Jonathan,” Martha called to her husband, who was waiting just inside the front door. “This is Lois Lane, and her husband Jerome.”
Is she trying to signal to Clark she knows it is weird to say Jerome Lane?

Lois shivered with disgust at the name. “Lois, please. Mrs. Lane is my mother,” she corrected and then with a sharp expression from Clark, she added, “— in-law. Mother-in-law.”
She could have said "when me and Jerome married, he took my last name." Or "funny thing, Lane is also my maiden name. Jerome and I are second cousins, that sort of think is legal here in Kansas, right?" evil

Technically, if she and Clark were to get married, Ellen Lane, Lois’s insane mother, would become his mother-in-law. That in itself was almost punishment enough to play along with this ruse. She grinned at the thought of what her mother would do if they had pretended to be married to her. Lois wouldn’t have to kill him, her mother would do it for her. Clark – Jerome or whatever his name really was – would regret this.
At least Lois is enjoying herself.

“Jerome, I didn’t realize you had a wife,” Jonathan said, turning to Clark. “Congratulations.”

“Oh?” Lois said, turning to Clark. “You know each other?”

He gave her his best sheepish smile. “I am from Smallville, remember?”
At least Jonathan is doing everything he can to build up Jerome's cred. He also wisely didn't add "is that why she gets so many interviews with you"?

“Later, not now,” he begged with a glance back towards the kitchen.
Lois is not paitient. She never accepts knowing later.

Clark caved,
See I said later never works.

and taking her arm led her to the couch, where they sat down. “Remember how you once asked me what the ‘J’ for my middle name stood for?” he whispered.
See, at least he was smart enough to use part of his name in this disguise.

I really think Clark should have come clean with Martha and Jonathan. However, even doing that would not have really satisfied Lois, so maybe this is the best he could do. It could be better, but things could be worse.

John Pack Lambert
S
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
S
Hi Virginia,

I don't have a lot of time to comment, but I just wanted to tell you how much I loved this part, specially when Lois "remembers" Martha and wants to hug her.

wave

Sydney

Non ! non, c’est bien plus beau lorsque c’est inutile !
(Edmond Rostand)
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
John: I love that you had to come back and post more FDK. laugh Oh, shucky-darn. wink

It is working better than I expected, especially since they did not go through town.
They'll get to town eventually.

I am waiting for Thomas to come and yell out "Jerome" though.
[Linked Image]

What happens if Superman is really needed?
Then either he'll find a way or he'll reveal himself to her. Same problem canon Clark had when he flew out to Smallville with his Lois.

Is CK still being light on the Superman apparenaces by the way?
Nope. Superman back to being himself. The Kents were reading an article about that in the paper the day he stopped by with the canning supplies.

He has snuck off too many times.
He may have disappeared once or twice to go return videos.

Then wouldn't it be faster if they were both getting their stuff at the same time?
No. Then she'd have to double back and pick him up or wait for him to come to her place. Anyway, if she lets him out of her sight, he'll have the opportunity to make a phone call.

Doesn't he see she is not gong to let him sneak off, ever again.
Well, not ever. Just until she finds out why he's been lying to her.

Well it is not his first time in there. Although this time won't even be as romantic as last time.
CLARK: You can say that again.

After what happened in the supply closet at the Metro Club, I do not think she believes this claim one bit.
You'd be surprised at how many times you see a woman holding a sheet to her body (on tv or in a movie) after having sex with a man, so he can't see her naked. Some people are just weird that way. clap

Wouldn't this still give him a chance for an extremely quick trip to Kansas? Or do the airport restrooms lack convenient exit methods? Still even if he had to rush back throgh the airport, can't he just travel so fast no one sees him?
Many airport bathrooms have two entrances, but would he be able to make it out of the bathroom, out of the SECURE airport, to Kansas, check things out, and back in the time it takes the average man to use the restroom? I think not.

Clark you really should get a cell phone.
CLARK: They were pretty bulky back in 1993 and I already have to hide my Clark clothes during the spin. What if it rings while I'm out on a rescue?

Lois: Kent you need to learn a lot better snooping skills from me. Always get phone numbers for everyone you know. See, you are not up to Kerth material yet if you know people for however long you have known Martha and don't get their phone number.
CLARK: I couldn't see any instance where Jerome would need to phone the Kents about something.

"Hi, this is Jerome. I am coming to visit with my work associate who only knows me by my other name Clark. We have to chekc out some farmer taken prisoner by supposed government agents, but when we come by your place, just plase call me Clark."
CLARK: [Linked Image] Now, you tell me!

Just aske Lois who called her. She can tell you the Kents are OK. Whether she will at this point, who knows.
LOIS: That would be a "not".

And let him difuse the situation and give the Topeka Journal the scoop? No way, Mr. Kent. If we want to get a really good story here, we need to be ready before Superman shows up.
Yep.

She is thinking deeply on the situation.
Or she (unlike canon Lois) keeps wondering when they'll make their appearance again.

Why not? Crazed, rouge government agents show up, throw her out of a plane, clean out a warehouse full of intriging material, and then vanish. They killed Mr. Thompson too if I remember correctly. So they feel above the law, murder, and have no respect for her, but want to prevent sexual relations with Superman. Clark sees Lex everywhere, Lois sees Bureau 39, eventually one or the other might be right.
Of course, B39 - alien chasing group - really doesn't have much in common with what they know about this story. It's a stretch. A good one, but still a stretch, which is what Clark is saying.

Maybe they both could be, Bureau 39 and Lex could join forces.
Scary thought.

She might be wrong sometimes, but so is Clark in suspecting Lex, so it all works. Well, actually, has Clark been wrong with any of his suspicions of Lex to date? Well, I guess he was wrong in suspecting Lex might kill Lois. Although he did shot her.
I think the only time Clark suspected Lex and it wasn't him was during Ides of Met. when he suspected that Lex had something to do with Henry Harrison because the guy once worked for LexCorp.

He doesn't know where Kryptonite first landed, does he?
No, he doesn't know where Tempus got the Kryptonite.

Wow, Lois is being extremely cruel. I thought we were going to get this but no such luck.
Why you don't want to anger the woman you love, because she'll play cruel tricks like this on you. Again, she's still getting used to kissing a guy she needs to clean her mouth before she can kiss, it *could* have been an honest mistake (is how Clark took it). He was just thrilled she wanted to kiss him.

Well, at least Clark is able to correctly think with Lois teasing him so mercilessly.
<see above> Doesn't recognize the teasing.

He doesn't know the half of it though.
Nope.

Lois: I am being a good girlfriend. I am giving him plenty of alone time. Alone with me. That is the type of alone time boyfriends want, right.

Clark: It doesn't count if you eat double-fudge chocolate.

Lois: Hey, you can still kiss me.

Clark: Hm, and then I would have a really reason to be away for a little bit.
clap Although Clark doesn't really want to associate throwing up to Lois's kisses. He's not that desperate to escape.

Well, at least people will recognize him.
Uh-huh. They'll recognize "Jerome".

Hey, I want a realy wedding cake. If I do this enough around Clark he will associate chocolate with me, and not his parents death, so we can have a real wedding cake

For those slow on Lois speak real wedding cake=chocolate.
He's already been engaged to bridezilla who shoved wedding cake in his mouth for a week to try to get him to stop gagging on it.

Well, her teasing has not had any negative impacts on how Clark feels about her.
CLARK: <blissfully daydreaming, while hoping they drive North from Topeka>

End of Part 1 FDK Response.

VirginiaR.
---
"clearly there is a lack of understanding between those two... he speaks Lunkheadanian and she Stubbornanian" -- chelo.
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
On the first reading I thought Clark was being a bit obtuse. However, on re-reading while I still see why Lois might not want to go to Tahiti, I think she needs to see that her holding onto Superman like this is really hurting Clark. Of course, she does not realize he knows how much she wanted to go to Tahiti. Nor does she realize that he became emotionally invested in taking her there months ago.
She doesn't know that CK=SM and therefore knows every conversation that she had with SM about things. A part of her will always mourn what could have been with Superman as when she thinks "Superman" a part of her is confusing him with her *original* Superman (*her* Clark).

Clark that is not fair. Superman is not the one who kissed Lois yesterday. Do I have my timing right? Nor was Superman the one who she let feel her up, or who she ate pasta with in a very suggestive manner.
CLARK: I know that. <pout> It's still annoying.

If you only know Clark, if you only knew.
Yes, if there was only a way to bridge those two people together into one man...

Lois: However, I am the one who actually knows where we are going.
Yep. But he's trying to gain control any way he can.

I still think Lois has far too low an estimation of how many people live in Kansas.
Don't cattle outnumber people 1000 to one in the state? <shrugs> Doesn't really matter to me.

He will have miles and miles to prepare, so there won't be much shock.
Do optimists prepare for the worst case scenario?

But Lois, he has told you exactly why he does not have a credit card. You just thought he was joking about that, when it was the truth.
CLARK: Well, I didn't want her to think I was crazy.

He does have a very good point.
CLARK: I often do. Not that it matters.

Bad Clark. Don;t insult Lois' driving.
CLARK: Just trying to disfuse tension with humor. Clearly, I don't know my audience.

I was expecting him to try to take the walk option. It would give him the chance to get away from Lois for a bit.
He doesn't know where they're going and if he arrives before she does, it would be suspecious.

Lois, has Clark ever blackmailed anyone. Come on, don't be so ridiculous. This is not Lex we are dealing with.
Who know if he would blackmail anyone? She doesn't really know this guy. He could be a master criminal for all she knows.

LOIS: Lex is the third richest man in the world and a philathropist. Why would he need to blackmail anyone? You're as bad as Clark.

CLARK: <aside> See! See! I'm not the only one who can't make her see reason.

They really need to start including candy corn in the festival.
thumbsup

Well, there is also lots of art, music and theatre in places like Kansas, so neither claim is fair.
I always thought that scene in GGGoH was a bit biased in both directions. Neither could see that both the city and the country have all of those things. <Actually, I think that's what they try to show with Martha's artwork, the line dancing, and the dress that Lois buys, that she was wrong about all of these things.>

Actually the High School theatre program in the small town where I currently live is top notch. Much better than the larger city where I grew up. Plus, we've got a symphony here. And arts and crafts is HUGE. It's what people do when they're stuck indoor during the winter. We also have had several drive by shootings and gang violence is up. clap

All of Lois' theories are potentially accurate.
CLARK: I should have learned this by now, shouldn't I?

Go as close to the truth as possible.
Best lies are mostly truth.

He is really good at thinking of himself in the 3rd person.
CLARK: It is one of my skills, yes.

he should have made sure details like who the sherrif were were the same. Although I can't really think why it should have matter. Well, yes, he should have figured Lois would become inquisitive about him, but he really did not account for the Lex effect.
Many people move from the country to the city and never look back. Yes, he didn't think his background was that important. He's learning otherwise.

The problem is she will not bring herself to fully love Clark Kent until she knows the whole truth about him. They have set up a catch-22, where neither can move forward because it is conditioned on the others actions.
A problem solved by communication, a skill these two reporters seem to be lacking.

I am not sure Lois could be more reckless. Anyway, this problem won't be solved by Lois unconditionally loving Clark.
This is brought up in "Ordinary People" and she admits to getting more reckless knowing that her back-up is Superman. Although, your second point is true.

Why has he given up on trying to procrastinate for time.
He's worried they are going to have to make a hasty exit, so best to leave the suitcases in the car.

At least he did not call himself her borther. That would make things even more acward later on.
CLARK: <mouth full of foot> You mean, there was something worse I could have said?

He is thinking on his feet fairly well. I am not sure this is a good plan, but he is holding it up fairly well, so far.
CLARK: Really? I thought I was falling flat on my face, because my feet were in my mouth.

Obviously not. If he did, he would have realized the game was up with them.
Yep.

Is she trying to signal to Clark she knows it is weird to say Jerome Lane?
No. But it's still weird to say.

She could have said "when me and Jerome married, he took my last name." Or "funny thing, Lane is also my maiden name. Jerome and I are second cousins, that sort of think is legal here in Kansas, right?"
I almost went with the "he took my name" line but decided against it. Second cousins? clap So true.

See I said later never works.
CLARK: I tried.

See, at least he was smart enough to use part of his name in this disguise.
I got reemed by readers (and Betas) who wanted to know why Lois didn't call HER Clark "Jerome" in "Missing Lois", so I didn't make that mistake twice. wink

I really think Clark should have come clean with Martha and Jonathan. However, even doing that would not have really satisfied Lois, so maybe this is the best he could do. It could be better, but things could be worse.
[Linked Image] Lois is already upset with Clark. He was just trying not to lose everyone he cares about.

VirginiaR.
---
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Originally posted by scifiJoan:
I don't know how long Clark can get away with this.
CLARK: As long as I can before Lois learns how to kill me.

I love Lois feeling like hugging Martha when she first sees her.
A small hidden part of her knows that Martha is the go-to person for sympathy for the death of her Clark.

I hope even if Clark doesn't come clean with Lois, that he'll talk with his parents.
I will admit that the trip to Smallville won't be a complete disaster for Clark. A VERY small percentage of it will be a positive experience. evil

VirginiaR.
---
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Christina: Oh, good, you noticed the double post. For some reason, when I post FDK on my laptop is does the same thing because the keys and touchpad are so sensative. Very frustrating.

Trying to prevent him from running out on you, eh?
Or telephoning home.

I wonder how this would have gone if he had gotten to the note first. Probably would have gone off on his own, no doubt.
Yep. And he wouldn't have Lois as his back-up. Very bad case scenario.

Yes and Yes. You have every right to be nervous this time, Clark.
Actually, everything that has to do with Lois makes him nervous.

Lois: *shrugs* Chocolate before kisses. Usually this is a no-brainer. Now? No so much.
No, she knew that she couldn't kiss Clark while eating Chocolate, which is why is eats it almost all the way to Kansas. She's not really in the mood to kiss Mr. Lying Pants at the moment.

Family without them being family.
In a way, yes.

And the way to make a baby is pretty enjoyable too, isn't it Clark?

Clark: *blushes* no comment.
CLARK: No, I wasn't thinking... blush But now that you bring it up. It is, isn't it? laugh

Going to make staying away from her in the red suit all the harder isn't it, Clark?

Clark: *blushes even deeper* It doesn't mean I won't keep trying to stay away.
Staying away was easier when she wanted to kiss Clark.

Lois: *muttering to herself* Until he can be fully truthful with me how can I trust him enough for such a trip?

Poor Clark.
Whenever she thinks Tahiti, she will think Superman, so going there with Clark really isn't an option.

And, yes, poor Clark, but WHOSE fault is this?

I wonder if Lois is paying any attention to his body language here because it's screaming, "I'm telling! I'm telling!"
Yep. She noticed.

Ah, the double deja vu kicking in to help nudge her trust the right way again.
Maybe. Maybe not.

Oh he is going to get into so much trouble for this.
Yes, indeedy. evil

Oh poor Clark, playing the "beat down" (bad phrasing, trying to come up with a better one) to Lois's upset wife. Would two beds be better for this couple I wonder?
LOIS: Two beds, yes.

CLARK: One bed, and maybe I can remind her why she liked me in the first place. [Linked Image]

LOIS: Like THAT'S going to happen.

CLARK: It could.

LOIS: It won't.

CLARK: You never know.

LOIS: Trust me. I know.

VirginiaR.
---
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Originally posted by Sydney:
I don't have a lot of time to comment, but I just wanted to tell you how much I loved this part, specially when Lois "remembers" Martha and wants to hug her.
Sydney! Thanks for stopping by. Long FDK not required. Any FDK appreciated.

Much more Awwwwwww moments with M&J coming up. wave Who knew this was really a love story between son and his adoptive-adoptive parents?

VirginiaR.
---
J
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
J
I figured, hopefully for the Corn Fest and the winning of Clarkie Bear. OK, I just figure you cannot have Lois go to Smallville and not win Clarkie Bear.

It still is best to not go there first. Best to first meet people who know Clark, even if not by that name.

John Pack Lambert
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Originally posted by John Lambert:
I figured, hopefully for the Corn Fest and the winning of Clarkie Bear. OK, I just figure you cannot have Lois go to Smallville and not win Clarkie Bear.

It still is best to not go there first. Best to first meet people who know Clark, even if not by that name.
[Linked Image]

VirginiaR.
---
J
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
J
</font><blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><hr /><font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">You'd be surprised at how many times you see a woman holding a sheet to her body (on tv or in a movie) after having sex with a man, so he can't see her naked. Some people are just weird that way. evil

John Pack Lambert
J
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
J
That's [Marhta introducing herself as Martha Clark Kent] pretty rare, I would suspect.
After her marriage, when she uses Kent in introductions at all, Lois goes with Lois Lane Kent. So there are people who do such things.

He's not doubting that Kansas is romantic, he's doubting THAT's where she'd choose to go.
I guess you have a point there. There is a reason Lois complained the bad guys were never in Maui. Also, the corn festival is not well known in L&C Metropolis. I guess he does need help

John Pack Lambert
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Originally posted by John Lambert:
<strong> I always figured that was just a TV convention to avoid the rating effect of lots of nudity. Of course in the case of Lois and Clark it might just be Lois trying to tease Clark into using x-ray vision on her. help
Yes, Clark handled this badly. evil

VirginiaR.
---
J
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
J
My, Clark would have to be pretty impaitient if he had to x-ray her right after having sex because he HAD to see more of her naked body.
WSell, if it was on their honeymoon, he might well be that impatient. laugh

John Pack Lambert
Boards Chief Administrator
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Lois didn’t let him out of her sight.
So, she afraid he’ll call somebody?

“Time is of the essence, Chuck,” she reminded him.
Right. She doesn’t have the time to wait for him to show up again after he vanishes for unexplained reasons.

but instead, she actually brought him into her bedroom under the guise of getting her suitcase out of the closet.
clap And quick pre-travel nookie on the bed?

“We’re partners and dating now, aren’t we?”
Yes, but not dating with benefits. Or partners with benefits.

Anyway, that’s my emergency assignment suitcase; it’s all packed with all the essentials and ready to go.”
clap

Either way, he was toast.
I thought he was fire-proof? Oh, he didn’t say *burned* toast. She can still slap cheese and ham on him and grill him.

Lois remained by his side at the airport as well, not letting him go away further than the restroom.
I’m guessing the distinctive scent of public relief stations dissuaded her from following him.

and what he would say if he called?
CLARK: Hello, Martha? This is the extra-dimensional visitor you’ve been giving shelter lately.

“Maybe we should contact Superman and have him check out this hostage thing before we go all the way out to Kansas,” Clark had suggested as they waited for their plane.
Of course, that just might to lead to Superman dropping out of the sky like a plane after it got hit with an EMP.

Lois raised a brow. “Well, I’ve been thinking about that. Federal agents, or men acting as federal agents, doing things that they shouldn’t. Sound familiar?”
Hmm… [Linked Image]

She shook her head. “I refuse to take that chance with Superman. We’ll check it out first, and you can call him if it’s something we can’t handle.
Isn’t that even more dangerous for Superman?

Not everything is a ‘job for Superman’, you know.” Then she wiggled her eyebrows suggestively and leaned in to kiss him
Ooooh! Nauhgty!

and leaned in to kiss him, stopping short. “Oh, sorry, I just took a bite of my candy bar, and I taste like chocolate,” she said, covering her mouth for a second before taking another bite of her Double Fudge Crunch bar.
Oooooh! Evil. She’s really set out to make him suffer and then suffer some more, huh? Sounds like she’s much more in control of her urges since she got Lucy’s birthday present.

Visiting Smallville had become sort of a rest pit from dealing with Lois’s recent inquisitiveness into his past and, not to mention, her mood swings.
Maybe if she kept spare batteries at home?

It didn’t help that they were flying in a tin can.
Hey, they’re perfectly safe. As long as they don’t crash into something. Or run out of fuel. Have an equipment malfunction. Bomb. Fly through a time portal.

He hated flying in planes, though he had, on occasion, with Lana.
Hmm…I think I know why he’s so averse to flying in planes.

Flying without planes, though, had been a taboo subject and rarely discussed unless Lana had caught him, like she had the day they met that Lois from the other dimension.
clap

Lois pressed her lips together in annoyance, switching off the engine and lights before facing Clark. “So, what happens at a ‘corn festival’?”
CLARK: Well…in the early days it got started with the town’s maidens running around, trying to evade being captured by one of the corn farmers’ sons and being given a corn cob. These days, it’s much more civilized and the sons actually have to ask a maiden if she’s a) a maiden still, and b) if she’s interested in the corn cob he’s carrying.

LOIS: Lovely.

CLARK: So, you still a maiden? [Linked Image]

LOIS: [Linked Image]

He laughed. “It always takes people from the city a while to decompress, but fortunately for you, you’ve brought along a native son. I’ll be able to translate.”
clap

“Home stay. A family from town has offered to house us as their guests
evil

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, our favorite show, life, and more! (It’s almost like the IRC days of old again!)

I go by Michael on the Archives.
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Apparently Mr. Earwig is a pillar of the community,
hyper

Clark groaned and rubbed his brow.

Was she giving him a headache? Good! The feeling was mutual.
So, green-K dust in the air?

wave Michael

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, our favorite show, life, and more! (It’s almost like the IRC days of old again!)

I go by Michael on the Archives.
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard