Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
#89835 09/23/12 08:41 PM
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Wrong Place, Wrong Time, Wrong Clark TOC can be found Here

Dum. Dum. Dummmmm. <<eerie, foreboding music for those of you not recognizing the tune. wink >>

Comments?

Last edited by VirginiaR; 05/23/14 03:19 PM. Reason: Added Link

VirginiaR.
"On the long road, take small steps." -- Jor-el, "The Foundling"
---
"clearly there is a lack of understanding between those two... he speaks Lunkheadanian and she Stubbornanian" -- chelo.
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
Heating up nicely. Wonder why they always take 3 steps backward for every 1 forward? Bad habits die hard!

Lex Luthor is about to get his, for sure. Wonder what he will think when he asks Lois what she thought of his present, roses, and she spits in his face. She has not got the filter to keep from doing it.

Enjoying this story.
Pat

C
Top Banana
Top Banana
C
“How did the date go?” he heard Cat ask. Looking up, he realized she wasn’t asking him, but Lois. Minx.
Ah, she's trying to be good with the girlfriend so she can get the details. Good idea.

“Fine! It went well, and, no, I’m not going to share details,” Lois told her, looking over her shoulder at Clark.

He pretended to be engrossed with his own clipping.

Cat sat down on her own desk, leaning towards Lois. “So, what did Mr. Romance get you?”
Ah, trying live vicariously through Lois. Probably a good idea because it's fairly unlikely Clark's going to unhinge from being caught up in her(Lois's) charms.

“A lamp.”

The smile fell off of Cat’s face. “He got you a lamp?”
*snort* I can't blame Cat for the surprise there.

“All that prep work, and all he got you was a lamp? No jewelry, no lingerie, but a lamp?” Cat shook her head. “He’ll never learn.”

“Prep work? What prep work?” Lois asked, standing up.
Uh oh. Trouble! danger! Danger Will Robinson!*

“You bought him that tie?” she accused.

Cat held up her hands. “No, you don’t! I’m not taking credit for any of those. He picked out all those ties himself,” she said, sitting down in her chair. “I chose the suit though.”
Thinking that the tie was a gift for him is a baaaaad idea.

“He took you shopping for our date?” Lois snarled.

Is that a siren? That sure sounded like a siren? It could be just a toy siren. Maybe he should go double check, just to be sure.

Cat shrugged. “So, he wanted to look good. He did look good, didn’t he?”
Inner fifth grader: Oooooh, Clark is in troubleeee.

And the the Kerth Award nominations come in to throw gas on the fire of their little tete a tete. Of course that's always been a positive thing in the long run for these two.

Jimmy going as her plus one? genius!

I'm guessing Perry said that the jumper story was his to work on and probably encouraged him to give as much as he got.

Lois laughed. “You’ll never take Jimmy as a date to the Kerth awards, Clark.”

“Give me one good reason why I wouldn’t ask my friend to be my guest to an awards banquet?” Clark said, crossing his arms.

“I’d look better in a dress,” Lois answered without hesitation, taking another sip of coffee.
laugh rotflol

She glanced up from the file in her hand to Clark’s expression. It was positively thunderous. Geez, did he think she was still trying to steal his story? “Snap out of it, Chuck. We’re partners, for goodness sake.”
I was thinking the same as Lois. I was expecting him to actually work on this story alone (or only with Lois in an advising and therefore "uncredited" position.)

“You mean the same criminal organization that bugged your apartment, the Daily Planet, and hired private detectives to follow us?” Clark’s voice sounded almost harsh with venom.
Whoa. I'm guessing he has a good idea who it was.

Overreactions? Don't know. I think I'm just along for the ride. Something tells me we're nearing another hilltop before a downhill slide.

CLARK: No. I'm just worried I'm a jinx.
JONATHAN: A jinx?
CLARK: Yeah. Let's face it, ever since she's known me, Lois's been kidnapped, frozen, pushed off buildings, almost stabbed, poisoned, buried alive and who knows what else, and it's all because of me.
-"Contact" (You're not her jinx, you're her blessing.)
S
Merriwether
Merriwether
S
I guess I can't blame Clark for not letting Lois take all the credit for the article.

That was funny when Cat mistaken let Lois know she'd helped Clark pick out his clothing for their date.

Joan

Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Pat: Yep, that's the LnC Tango: Step, and back, and back, and back. And Step, then back... smile1

Ah, she's trying to be good with the girlfriend so she can get the details. Good idea.
Another way of living vicariously.

Ah, trying live vicariously through Lois. Probably a good idea because it's fairly unlikely Clark's going to unhinge from being caught up in her(Lois's) charms.
[Linked Image]

*snort* I can't blame Cat for the surprise there.
She expected more from someone who can go anywhere to shop.

Uh oh. Trouble! danger! Danger Will Robinson!*
evil

I'm glad you liked the joke about the dress. It fell flat with the betas, but I still liked it. laugh And I could just picture Lois saying it all non-challantly and all.

I was thinking the same as Lois. I was expecting him to actually work on this story alone (or only with Lois in an advising and therefore "uncredited" position.)
More on this story later.

Whoa. I'm guessing he has a good idea who it was.
Better late than never.

Overreactions? Don't know. I think I'm just along for the ride. Something tells me we're nearing another hilltop before a downhill slide.
[Linked Image]

Joan: He's finally standing up to Lois. Kind of. Sort of. In his own way. Perhaps. Plus, I couldn't resist a classic "Stay here!" Those are always fun.

That was funny when Cat mistaken let Lois know she'd helped Clark pick out his clothing for their date.
Yep, that wasn't intentional. Cat makes for good comic relief.

VirginiaR.
---
"clearly there is a lack of understanding between those two... he speaks Lunkheadanian and she Stubbornanian" -- chelo.
Boards Chief Administrator
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Online Content
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Lois stepped into the elevator with a smile on her lips.
Hey! Why is she taking the elevator again all of a sudden?

. She had stopped by the gym on the way to the office to burn off those extra calories from that incredible dessert that Clark had ordered for her the night before.
See? Had she taken Clark to her private gym, she wouldn’t have had to get up early to go alone to the public gym.

Would he try to kiss her? On the lips or on the cheek?
How about a friendly squeeze of her buttocks?

Would he want to hold her hand under the table at the morning meeting?
Or run them up her stockinged thigh?

Would he act like nothing happened?
Only if she’s pregnant wink

Her lips squeezed together. In her opinion, it could have been longer, but she was glad it hadn’t been.
hyper

She had seen too many romantic movies and read too many novels where that very thing had happened.
Umm…those aren’t exactly real life, you know?

The more she held him, the more natural it felt having him in her arms as if he belonged there.
[Linked Image] Works for other stuff, too.

They were gasoline on the fire within her, then they were gone.
Good thing she’s got something from Lucy for her birthday. Oh, right. That’s still at the office. And if she goes there that night, she’ll get Loisnapped and replaced by a clone. Or taken Loisage by a group of armed thugs.

She took hold of his tie. “Did I mention how much I like your tie?” she murmured, letting it run through her fingers.
[Linked Image]

He had left her burning for him all night long. She couldn’t get her mind off him. Damn him! How was she going to maintain a professional work relationship with him if she felt like this?
Maybe it’s a good thing that Lucy’s present is still at the office?

She rolled her eyes up to the ceiling. Really, Lex? Red roses?
Hehehehehehe clap

“But you’d have to screw up pretty badly, and not like all this run-of-the-mill stuff.”
Like, sleep with Lucy between the vows and the cake cutting?

Lois was beautiful, but she was a beast without her morning caffeine.
clap

He couldn’t wait to try it out.
Not crying helps with that. Also, spilling the beans. But not too early. Maybe he should practice spilling the beans before the date?

“Can I have everyone’s attention for a minute?” he said, holding up his hands.
Birthday cake?

“I just wanted to let you all know that the Kerth nominations were announced this morning…”
Oooooooh!

“And I’m happy to announce that one of our own was nominated, again,” he said.
Clark, this time? Just to through a monkey wrench?

“No, I did. You worked your butt off for me,” Lois retorted, much to the delight of their co-workers.
/scratches off chance to ever get laid. For either one of them.

“You think I should invite, as my date to the awards then, someone who helped out on the story, someone who gave their blood, sweat, and tears for this story, gave up their sleep, their health, and possibly even risked his life?
Oh dear. Jimmy?

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, our favorite show, life, and more! (It’s almost like the IRC days of old again!)

I go by Michael on the Archives.
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Online Content
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
“Jimmy!” she called to the young man who just exited the elevators, carrying a file.
wave Michael

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, our favorite show, life, and more! (It’s almost like the IRC days of old again!)

J
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
J
I still think Clark over-reacted to not being nominated for the Kerth.

On the other hand, I think Lois asking Jimmy and not Clark was down right mean.

In all, it could not have happened at a worse time for him. Without that stress, he would be in a better position to bring Lois in on the investigation.

I am also worried that she might not get away from the interview with Lex.

I am encoraged by his plan to try to bring Lois into the investigation. I am just hoping he works out a way to get Lois to listen to his explanation. He should probably lead off with Kahn's claim to be in a relationship with a high up at LexCorp.

I am just hoping getting shot and bought by Lex has caused Lois to not fully traust him. However, she seems to have just excused his behavior so far.

John Pack Lambert
J
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
J
Originally posted by scifiJoan:
I guess I can't blame Clark for not letting Lois take all the credit for the article.

Joan
Well, if it was not for Clark at least Jimmy would have died. So I think he has a right to feel a bit displeased about the whole thing.

Her chosing to bring Jimmy as a date was just plain cruel.

John Pack Lambert
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Michael: hyper

Hey! Why is she taking the elevator again all of a sudden?
whinging

She hadn’t?
She just didn't want him to assume boyfriend/girlfriend roles at work.

Clark! You don’t call the woman you’re courting a nutjob just because she’s emotionally unbalanced.
No, her giving HIM a phone number for a therapist.

Like, sleep with Lucy between the vows and the cake cutting?
Yes, that would work. Or Cat. Or Mayson. Or be a super powered superhero and keep it from her while playing her between his two personas. That sort of thing.

VirginiaR.
---
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
It took him uuuumm…five Months to get there? /shakes head/
Well, he had for a while, but then she told him to cut it out, so he was deciding to start it up again.

Uuuu…Depends on whether the wedding cake’s bran, too. Then, the answer is ‘never’.
clap

She was expecting an arrow?
Proposal.

Huh, who does that sound like? Hmm…
Why Clark gets bent out of shape by this description.

/whispers/ I think there’s one ‘the’ too many in there.
But the more the articles the better, the right? [Linked Image] Thanks.

They once gold-coated lead or iron coins and you had to cut them open to find the lack of value. How about they try the same thing with Lex?
CLARK: Filling him full of lead and dumping him in the bottom of the ocean in a treasure chest? But if he's full of lead, I won't be able to look right through him.

Lex’s Penthouse?
Different tower.

They usually only admit women in black cocktail dresses that reach just below the curve of their buttocks.
Only if they're also wearing thongs.

Their behavior was not unexpected. Edit: Umm...you've been asking about their date, haven't you?
Any time, any place, any subject.

More, please?
I have, according to my clock, I have, let's see 12 + 1.25 hours = 13.25 hours to go.

VirginiaR.
---
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Originally posted by John Lambert:
I still think Clark over-reacted to not being nominated for the Kerth.
His over-reaction to her over-reaction?

On the other hand, I think Lois asking Jimmy and not Clark was down right mean.
LOIS: I was making a point, not trying to be mean.

In all, it could not have happened at a worse time for him.
CLARK: You can say that again.

Without that stress, he would be in a better position to bring Lois in on the investigation.
CLARK: [Linked Image]

I am also worried that she might not get away from the interview with Lex.
LEX: I'm not into kidnapping. It would hurt Superman more if she came willingly. dizzy I shouldn't save her unless she promises to ask me to be her date whenever she gets an award?

VirginiaR.
---
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Online Content
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
LOIS: Some of us want to know *who* we're making love to BEFORE doing so.
Oh, so she’s one of those who investigate the manufacturer and the entire delivery history of their StairMaster? wink

CLARK: <Duh! Should have thought of that.>

LOIS: <He’d better not think of that.>

CAT: <That would be so much fun to watch.>

EW: No.
CLARK: Well, there an idea.

EW: No.

CLARK: Awww. Shucks.
Hey, Lois did not have a say!

LOIS: That doesn't seem very nice.
[Linked Image]

LOIS: Some of us like the strong sensative type. Now, all he has to do is show he's strong. He can do that right?
wave Michael

J
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
J
Clark however should realize there are two key differences in the Lois/Superman and Lex/Monique relationship. 1- There is no Lois/Superman relationship. He takes the high ground and does nothing, instead of trying to hide what they do.

2- The Lois/Clark relationship is thought to be more in public than it is, so it balances out the hidden nature of Superman/Lois.

Still, he probably would take exception to Henderson's claims, but I think he is generally right. In fact, they could even be used by Superman to explain to Lois why they cannot do a secret relationship.

John Pack Lambert
J
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
J
Well, if it was not for Clark at least Jimmy would have died. So I think he has a right to feel a bit displeased about the whole thing.
CLARK: What? dizzy I shouldn't save her unless she promises to ask me to be her date whenever she gets an award? [/QB]
Well of course Clark should save everyone he can. I guess Clark would have been a lot better off not speaking for the story at all. Well, maybe, maybe not. How long is it until the actual award ceremonies?

Actually, maybe having Lois go with Jimmy is not as bad as I first thought. It is better than going with Lex for one, and sometimes letting someone have a date with someone else makes you look good.

It also means that Clark chosing to invite Lois next year will be more than just asking his partner because it is expected.

I still am half hoping that Lois ends up bringing Clark anyway. That is probably unlikely, but at heart I am an optimist.

John Pack Lambert
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Michael: Of your FDK, of my FDK, of your FDK...

Oh, so she’s one of those who investigate the manufacturer and the entire delivery history of their StairMaster?
LOIS: Well, I did read the Consumer Reports articles.

Hey, Lois did not have a say!
LOIS: <with full mouth> Sothy. I wath on a chocolate break.

Only when they’re ‘based on real events’.
EW: Are you saying that Star Wars ISN'T real? [Linked Image] But... but... but... it SAID it happened a Long, long time ago in a Galexy Far, far, away!?

There there. /hands Lois a chocolate bar/
LOIS: drool Thank you, kind sir.

Ooooh! But isn’t that usually distinct from first-time sex?
LOIS: :rolleyes: Fine! We'll do it twice.

CLARK: [Linked Image] Wait. Only twice?

Right. Bait. And she was great bait right to the end.
Bait. Test subject. Mistress. More on Monique coming up.

Heatvision. Right. So, bats, then?
Superman trains on Bats, or bats killed Monique?

Only for winning Kerth Awards.
wave

VirginiaR.
---
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Originally posted by John Lambert:
Clark however should realize there are two key differences in the Lois/Superman and Lex/Monique relationship. 1- There is no Lois/Superman relationship. He takes the high ground and does nothing, instead of trying to hide what they do.

2- The Lois/Clark relationship is thought to be more in public than it is, so it balances out the hidden nature of Superman/Lois.
Clark is offended by the comparison, because Henderson basically is saying that it would be only for these reasons... these negative reasons. Clark would hate for Lois and anyone else to think of Superman's motives as being as unpure as Luthor's.

Still, he probably would take exception to Henderson's claims, but I think he is generally right. In fact, they could even be used by Superman to explain to Lois why they cannot do a secret relationship.
You want to tell her? I don't want to tell her? eek

Well of course Clark should save everyone he can. I guess Clark would have been a lot better off not speaking for the story at all. Well, maybe, maybe not. How long is it until the actual award ceremonies?
In S2, it wasn't actually mentioned, but I assume a week or two.

Actually, maybe having Lois go with Jimmy is not as bad as I first thought. It is better than going with Lex for one, and sometimes letting someone have a date with someone else makes you look good.
[Linked Image]

It also means that Clark chosing to invite Lois next year will be more than just asking his partner because it is expected.

I still am half hoping that Lois ends up bringing Clark anyway. That is probably unlikely, but at heart I am an optimist.
evil

VirginiaR.
---
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Online Content
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Of your FDK, of my FDK, of your FDK...
wave Michael

Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
CAT’s report: One word: Broken.
LOIS: You've broken my Stairmaster?! [Linked Image] Oh, wait, did you mean Clark? laugh Just because a man has good enough taste not to be attracted to you doesn't mean he's broken.

Who said Star Wars isn’t based on real events?
huh Don't know. Not Me! But I'm one of those people who says that if it's in the movies it's always possible in RL too. wink

lol (is there a limit on those guys?)
Yes, I believe the rules state 8 per post. (But it may actually be more.)

Yes, but cutting him open is so much more fun!
CLARK: <looks skeptical and hands Michael phone number for Ms. Friskin.>

Well, it’s not T+12 hours. Or T-60.
According to my estimate, 47 will post in approx. 36 hours from now, give or take. angel-devil Hey, wait, it's Friday, where's Ken's next installment?

VirginiaR.
---
S
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
S
Hi Virginia,

Finally, I have time to read and comment. So, let see....

Lois had tightened her arms around Clark, trying to comfort him as he cried in her arms. His sobs had been silent as if he had spent many years practicing to keep his tears to himself, so he wouldn’t bother anyone, or so that they wouldn’t hear, or wouldn’t know.

She wasn’t good at handling uncomfortable, emotional stuff, especially tears. She doubted a pat on the back and “buck up” was an appropriate response though.
I love Lois when she is like this!
CLARK: Me too! And, Lois, it was an appropriate response: you really helped me.

she realized those blemishes had only made him sweeter. He was more caring, more thoughtful, and considerate than… well, anyone else she knew. This so-called defect also made him a great writer, gripping his readers by their emotions and causing them to care.
Of course, Lois . Even an alt-Clark ... is a Clark.

“Thank you,” he whispered, despite her feeling that she hadn’t done anything
CLARK: Lois, you WERE wonderful.

His lips were soft, gentle, and loving. They were gasoline on the fire within her, then they were gone.

Clark stood up and walked to her door. “Good night, Lois,” he said.
So romantic...

She still didn’t know Clark’s true identity
CAT : Me ! Me! I know ! help
CAT: Look, Lois, some nice men for you: wave

Sydney

Non ! non, c’est bien plus beau lorsque c’est inutile !
(Edmond Rostand)
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard