OP Offline
Pulitzer
comments go here

Herb replied, “My boy, I never say … impossible.” "Lois and Clarks"

My stories can be found here

kj
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Hattie is my kind of girl! Ready to stand her own ground.

Jon got himself another sister and Lara a close friend. Lois and Clark eventually got a great reporter.

Not bad for the first day of school!

Morgana

A writer's job is to think of new plots and create characters who stay with you long after the final page has been read. If that mission is accomplished than we have done what we set out to do, which is to entertain and hopefully educate.
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
So nice to know that school bullies are still around in 2014. wink Why can I totally see Lane and Kent writing an editorial taking on that middle school principals lack of discipline handling bullies on the first day of school.

Hattie sounds like a good friend. Bud sounds like an idiot, a suspended idiot. Wow, what a tough school, and middle school is hard enough as it is. I know I was Lois blind when it came to bad stuff happening around me in school but I can't imagine anything like that happening. Makes me glad that my hometown and my schools were much smaller than those in Metropolis.

Thanks for filling in those gaps with Lara and Mike's relationship. Boy, Lara seemed jealous of Mike's obvious interest in Superman and Ultra Woman. laugh Geez, they're my MOM and DAD, for heaven's sake! I wonder who Mike will be writing to with that address he picked up? wink

VirginiaR.
"On the long road, take small steps." -- Jor-el, "The Foundling"
---
"clearly there is a lack of understanding between those two... he speaks Lunkheadanian and she Stubbornanian" -- chelo.
KenJ Offline OP
Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
Hi Morgana,

Thanks for the FDK!

The Hattie character was fun to create. clap

kj
KenJ Offline OP
Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
Hi Virginia,

Thanks for the FDK!

I'm afraid that you will find school bullies all over, Metropolis in not unique. frown

As to filling in the gaps in Lara and Mike's relationship - HMmmmmm - there's a lot more to fill in, wouldn't you say. evil

I have another Fall Ficathon story to write. I'll let you use your imagination. shock peep cat

kj
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
She hoped that Mike would be there.
Aww...someone has a crush!

but, she was very mature for her eleven years.
So, she's the spitting image of Lois then.

Lara piped up, “Yeah, you’d be surprised just how fast the trip goes with both of them taking turns.”
I'll bet! wink

I like spending time with Uncle Wayne.
Awww!

With a grin, she replied, “Sure, the way you miss a toothache after the dentist has fixed it.”
clap

but, he was asking all of these questions and about Ultra Woman, her Mom no less.
So, none of her girlfriends have remarked on Superman's outfit to her? Cause at 11, *I* was *certainly* drawn to how delicious it was on him.

I just don’t want to be pushed around too much and I will be if everybody thinks I’m a push over.
Kid with new glasses? Yup, he's going to be picked on...

Hattie said, “Nah, we aren’t there yet. That’s high school. This is only middle school.”
Ha! Got to agree there! (Even if I didn't have a middle school.)

“Look out four eyes,” and Jon almost fell into his open locker.
Thhhhhhere it is!

<Oh boy! Bud doesn’t know what he’s in for.>
Jon, meet your new crush. laugh

Hattie laughed and said, “I think he’s had enough. You can let him go.”
clap Also, waiting for them to get sent to the principal's office on the first day of school.

“You think you’re tough, don’t you. The two of you managed to get the best of me, well; It’s time to pay you back.”
<gives Bud all of five seconds to remain standing>

Jon chuckled at this. He hadn’t thought of them as partners.
<thinks of Perry - "Lois Lane, Clark Kent.">

“Okay, all of you, to the office. I’m calling all of your parents.”
Theeeeere it is!

Kaplin and Kent, not as good as Batman and Robin or Superman and Ultra Woman, but, it’ll do.
clap

Fun story! Poor Jon and Hattie, getting in trouble the first day back. That must be a record!

Battle On,
Deadly Chakram

"Being with you is stronger than me alone." ~ Clark Kent

"One little spark of inspiration is at the heart of all creation." ~ Figment the Dragon

KenJ Offline OP
Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
Hi Vicki,

Actually, Hattie was fun to create and my muse is pushing me to write a follow-up story which would take place about fifteen years later. hyper

That would be after Lois had mentored Hattie. evil

kj
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Originally posted by KenJ:
Hi Vicki,

Actually, Hattie was fun to create and my muse is pushing me to write a follow-up story which would take place about fifteen years later. hyper

That would be after Lois had mentored Hattie. evil
evil indeed

Battle On,
Deadly Chakram

"Being with you is stronger than me alone." ~ Clark Kent

"One little spark of inspiration is at the heart of all creation." ~ Figment the Dragon

KenJ Offline OP
Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
Psssstt Vicki! I just got an approval from my beta on a story concept for a Hattie story.

Look for it. It may wait until I complete my second fall ficathon story.

kj
Boards Chief Administrator
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
This story picks up where Summer Camp left off.
Ooooh!

It’s our award!”

Lara made a face and said, “I think you mean – reward!”
laugh

“Do your Mom and Dad take turns driving that big van of yours?”

Lara piped up, “Yeah, you’d be surprised just how fast the trip goes with both of them taking turns.”
wave Michael

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, our favorite show, life, and more! (It’s almost like the IRC days of old again!)

I go by Michael on the Archives.
KenJ Offline OP
Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
Hi Michael,

Thanks for the FDK!

Bad teeth, until their invulnerability kicks in, yes, they are subject to all of the woes of humanity, and even if not, I'm sure they have heard from their friends stories of toothaches.

Ishon Ru and Tae Kwan Do are two separate karate disciplines. Tae Kwan Do is a 'hard' style while Ishon Ru is a 'soft', Kung-Fu style. I went into that in more depth in "Borrowed Time".

The belt colors are junior rankings which does not detract from their abilities.

Agewise, Hattie is a contemporary of Jon. She could be a reporter as soon as ten years later. The story I am working on takes place fifteen years later, after Hattie has 'paid her dues' as a gofor and researcher and nmoved to the reporter ranks.

kj
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
A bully going after Superman and Ultrawoman's kid? How dumb can one kid be?

Fun piece. Glad Jon and Hattie had a witness. Could have gone badly if it was their word against the 4 other boys.

Pat

Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Originally posted by angelsgmaw:
A bully going after Superman and Ultrawoman's kid? How dumb can one kid be?
rotflol rotflol rotflol

VirginiaR.
"On the long road, take small steps." -- Jor-el, "The Foundling"
---
"clearly there is a lack of understanding between those two... he speaks Lunkheadanian and she Stubbornanian" -- chelo.
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Agewise, Hattie is a contemporary of Jon. She could be a reporter as soon as ten years later. The story I am working on takes place fifteen years later, after Hattie has 'paid her dues' as a gofor and researcher and nmoved to the reporter ranks.
No, I was thinking of Blonde-Lois and her Clark, aka the next-gen identities of LnC. The two of them must be in the same age-group as Jon and Hattie. But when LnC ran the DP as editors, their young versions must have done *something* during that time. Otherwise, they'd have a 20-year hole in their CV.

wave Michael

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, our favorite show, life, and more! (It’s almost like the IRC days of old again!)

I go by Michael on the Archives.
KenJ Offline OP
Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
Hi Michael,

Actually, there is a period of time where Lois and Clark are co Editors-in-Chief of the DP. It isn’t until they retire from that position that the next-gen , blond Lois starts at the DP.

The Hattie story will be placed in that period of time when Lois and Clark are the editors.

kj

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard