OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Wrong Place, Wrong Time, Wrong Clark TOC can be found Here

Soooooooo, any comments?

Last edited by VirginiaR; 05/23/14 03:28 PM. Reason: Added Link

VirginiaR.
"On the long road, take small steps." -- Jor-el, "The Foundling"
---
"clearly there is a lack of understanding between those two... he speaks Lunkheadanian and she Stubbornanian" -- chelo.
C
Top Banana
Top Banana
C
I'm making some guesses here but Alt-Clark looks a lot like the Clark that hopped off the bus in Season One suit-wise. I don't know why but I also am guessing that Cat's going to make him Season 3-4 Clark preeetty darn quick (suit-wise.)

CLARK: No. I'm just worried I'm a jinx.
JONATHAN: A jinx?
CLARK: Yeah. Let's face it, ever since she's known me, Lois's been kidnapped, frozen, pushed off buildings, almost stabbed, poisoned, buried alive and who knows what else, and it's all because of me.
-"Contact" (You're not her jinx, you're her blessing.)
S
Merriwether
Merriwether
S
Cat had some great lines in this chapter:

“I’m lost. Why are you mad at Clark again? Because it sounds like to me, he’s doing his job.”
“That you lack personality, you want to fade into the woodwork, and as cheaply as possible,” Cat said
Nice way to remind us of the differences between Alt-Clark and Clark.

Joan

S
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
S
Hi Virginia,

I love the scene in Smallville with Jonathan, Martha and "Jerome". I know that that they are not his parents, but I think he should tell her who he is.They are able to understand.

And Cat is great (again) in this chapter. To help her, I found some ties.

[Linked Image]

No, just kidding!

Now, I'm looking forward to the date.

wave

Sydney

Non ! non, c’est bien plus beau lorsque c’est inutile !
(Edmond Rostand)
J
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
J
Well, I guess Cat is a better friend than I thought. She actually managed to get Clark out of what was a really bad situation into only a slightly bad situation.

What I don't get is why Lois has not tried to follow up on the fact she does know about Clark, that he is from Smallville, Kansas and see if there are Kents there.

Clark asked Lois out dance

She said yes dance

Things are looking up for them, even if their relationship has not gone in a stright direction, but meandered here and there.

I just hope Lois is ok with Clark's new look.

John Pack Lambert
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Christina: Yes, after this shopping trip he'll look more like late S2+ Clark. He wasn't looking like he just got off the bus, but alt-Clark definiately was no S4 canon Clark.

Joan: Cat still stealing the scenes she's in? Good!

CAT: What else is new? I've always done that. wink

Nice way to remind us of the differences between Alt-Clark and Clark.
I have to remind my Readers this isn't canon Clark every once and while. wink

Sydney: I'm you liked Jerome finally meeting M&J. smile1

<ties suggestions>
Um... Thanks. He'll be chosing his ties from this collection instead: Clark Kent Tie Collection

CAT: Are you sure those are ties for *men*? No, no, no. Clark needs to chose his own ties; that's the best way to demonstrate his own personality. And those are just... No. Even *I* would veto those.

Now, I'm looking forward to the date.
evil

John: Clark told Lois that his folks died when he was 10 and then he was put into foster care. Then after college, Clark traveled the world. She's under the assumption this means there shouldn't be any Kents left in Smallville. Don't worry this assumption will be corrected sooner than later.

Well, I guess Cat is a better friend than I thought. She actually managed to get Clark out of what was a really bad situation into only a slightly bad situation.
It's not Cat's fault that Clark didn't kick out Toni.

CAT: Best friend of the Year award? I'll take it! Show those people who said I couldn't make friends with men. Of course, if Clark ever changes his mind about our just friendship status...

Things are looking up for them, even if their relationship has not gone in a stright direction, but meandered here and there.
Things are on the upswing, yes. evil

I just hope Lois is ok with Clark's new look.
LOIS: As long he doesn't start showing up in Hawaiian print shirts, I'll be okay. For some reason, those upset my stomach.

VirginiaR.
---
"clearly there is a lack of understanding between those two... he speaks Lunkheadanian and she Stubbornanian" -- chelo.
J
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
J
I guess it does make sense that Lois would not look for Kents in Smallville. However, since he has been open about being from Smallville, it would make sense that she should at least go there to find out what there is to learn.

Well, I guess I just have to say it is a good think that this Clark has not waited as long as Canon-Clark to ask Lois out. Really how little they actually dated before getting engaged is one of the weird things about the TV show. Even if we assume that a few weeks go between "Whine, Whine, Whine" and "And the Answer Is", it seems not much. I guess if we assume WWW fits when it was shown, and ATAI is in September at the beganing of the next season, since we have to allow for the summer break somehow when they have negative time between the end of season 2 and the start of season 3, Clark proposing to Lois after they have been steadily dating for about 3 months, with a few dates before that at least makes sense.

Still, it does not make sense that he did not ask her out more in Season 1. Luthor does not really go on any dates with her between the pilot and PML. In fact the more I think about it, the more it seems that he should at least ask her out at some point in "Smart Kids". I do not know if she would have said yes or no, but especially after she is so happy he snitched evidence, he should at least try.

Someone might point out that is just after "I'Ve Got a Crush on You", when Clark throws Lois under the bus by exposing her cover. However Lois seems to have forgotten about that in "Smart Kids" and in "Green, Green Glow of Home" she may disrespect Clark, but is not treating him as a coniving traitor.

If there is one issue with Season 1 it is that the shows do not build much on each other. Missing Clark is much more internally linked than Season 1.

John Pack Lambert
Boards Chief Administrator
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Online Content
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
but the gain of more than half a foot
Don’t they surgically lengthen models in some countries?

If she wanted to do a prostitution sting, she would do it with her eyes wide open, thank you very much.
razz

“He has a dinner date.”

Cat glanced down at her watch and raised an eyebrow. “But you’re here?”
clap

“Clark doesn’t date other women, Lois. He doesn’t want anyone but you,” Cat reminded her.
clap

“So, it isn’t Clark who is having dinner with Toni Taylor; it’s whomever his undercover persona is?” Cat said.
DingDingDing!

Cat rested her head on her fingertips. “I’m lost. Why are you mad at Clark again? Because it sounds like to me, he’s doing his job.”
LOIS: Yes, but I’m undercover as the girl who crushed on him since before she flunked highschool and I’m currently playing at being ticked off.

“Hello? Lois, I sit at the next desk. The rest of us don’t go deaf when you and Clark march across the newsroom arguing about your safety during an assignment.”
clap

Jonathan shrugged and then winked. “We’ll have to ask him should he stop back by.”
[Linked Image]

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, our favorite show, life, and more! (It’s almost like the IRC days of old again!)

I go by Michael on the Archives.
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Online Content
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Jonathan, with the peach basket on his lap, rolled onto the porch. There was a box of peaches, two boxes of tomatoes, a bag of onions, and a garland of garlic.
Guilty conscience?

It had always meant something special to her to be able to put something away from the winter.
/whispers/ ‘for the winter’

“Can I adopt him?” Martha said, taking hold of her husband’s hand.
hyper

“Hey, Jerome,” they heard Thomas call from the front yard. “Can you give me a hand?”
wave Michael

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, our favorite show, life, and more! (It’s almost like the IRC days of old again!)

Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
John: I'm sure it's high on Perry's to-do list to let his star reporter fly out to Kansas to check up on her partner. wink She does have real stories she's working on.

Well, I guess I just have to say it is a good think that this Clark has not waited as long as Canon-Clark to ask Lois out. Really how little they actually dated before getting engaged is one of the weird things about the TV show. Even if we assume that a few weeks go between "Whine, Whine, Whine" and "And the Answer Is", it seems not much.
Alt-Clark's reason for being in Metropolis is a different than canon Clark's. Actually on the show Lois and Clark started dating during "The Phoenix" when he asked her out on the date. They just didn't become exclusive until "WWW".

I guess if we assume WWW fits when it was shown, and ATAI is in September at the beganing of the next season, since we have to allow for the summer break somehow when they have negative time between the end of season 2 and the start of season 3, Clark proposing to Lois after they have been steadily dating for about 3 months, with a few dates before that at least makes sense.
He was planning on telling Lois at the end of WWW, and then you think he's put it off for three months (between WWW and ATAI?) before finally deciding he NEEDS to tell her only to get that call from his barber? That seems a bit like Clark, but I'm going with they've already known each other for two years at this point and dated a few times since the Phoenix. Clark's waiting until marriage for sex, so he wants it to happen as soon as possible as opposed to date her for another year in case another man sweeps her off her feet in the meantime?

Still, it does not make sense that he did not ask her out more in Season 1.
Working on his career. Lois told him in no uncertain terms "Don't fall for me, farmboy." So he's waiting for them to grow closer until he makes his move (another reason he's still a virgin until S4.)

Luthor does not really go on any dates with her between the pilot and PML.
Lex invited Lois to lunch in Neverending Battle but she canceled it to chase Superman. Then they reschedule in ILTY. He offers Lois his help during "Requiem" and I think asks her to accompany him. Her rush to his arms calling him "hero" points to Lex asking her on more dates after that. He does drop by her apartment past visiting hours during 'Crush' and expresses his interest. I've always wondered why she accepts the date with Luthor in PML after he's such a creepy businessman cutting corners and endangering Metropolis in MoSB.

In fact the more I think about it, the more it seems that he should at least ask her out at some point in "Smart Kids".
He's thrown off because Lois indicates she doesn't like kids?

Someone might point out that is just after "I'Ve Got a Crush on You", when Clark throws Lois under the bus by exposing her cover. However Lois seems to have forgotten about that in "Smart Kids" and in "Green, Green Glow of Home" she may disrespect Clark, but is not treating him as a coniving traitor.
It's amazing what a little attracation can help you forgive. But she likes it when he does things like that to her. (Remember the Sewage Rec. Facility?)

If there is one issue with Season 1 it is that the shows do not build much on each other. Missing Clark is much more internally linked than Season 1.
Missing Clark? huh You mean her flashbacks? They are kind-of atuned to what's going on in her life at the moment.

VirginiaR.
---
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Michael: Oh, look! I'm almost caught up. I think I'll break for lunch and do some non-FDK writing after this one though.

Don’t they surgically lengthen models in some countries?
Let's hope not.

/points at other story currently posting on boards/
Exactly.

DP headline next morning: “Metropolis billionaire missing”
clap Nope, sorry, Luthor's going to be around for a while to come.

CLARK: Darn.

Cat! Lois would never eviscerate Clark for buying her. Would she?
I didn't realize that you had thought Cat thought Clark had bought her. clap

LOIS: It’s a Tuesday.
I'm thinking later in the week, but Tuesday will do.

Lois, it’s legitimate business in a lot of parts of Europe and outside the Las Vegas city borders.
LOIS: And that makes it acceptable to SELL me to the first bidder without my say-so?

Wouldn’t stick. He knew she wasn’t one but most likely undercover. He’d come out of this looking like the perfect gentleman and free-time private-eye.
Clark knows this which is why he avoided the topic to begin with, tempting though it might be.

Plus, nothing sticks to Lex since he started that new waxing treatment.

Yes. /reaches around Lois and starts scrapping at the seat of her pants before pulling off big ‘FRAGILE’ sticker/ See?
Awwwwwwwwwwwwww.

CLAKR: I didn’t show up in a tux with a fat briefcase, did I?
clap No, she find those a bit... distracting.

Good question. Also, considering what happens next, Clark did say on a ‘date’. Maybe we commence pummeling him with all sorts of objects you can retrofit with green crystals?
Goes clothes shopping with Cat is a bad thing?

Nice one! /imagines Virginia taking a long time each morning polishing her horns/ Are they in the way while sleeping? Like, do they rip into the cushions?
I look something between this: [Linked Image] and this: [Linked Image] but only when I'm writing. Otherwise I look like a blonde one of these: [Linked Image]

Oh dear. He’s going to spill all of it when she tells him she’ll get naked.
clap evil

Lana bought them.
Yep. Old self ties.

Oh? No, you can’t stuff condoms and mace into a tie.
CAT: I meant how they look.

/imagines Clark sitting back down, having just gotten an ‘F’ in front of the entire class/
[Linked Image]

Ooooh! Date prepping Clark. The last time this happened, Clark ended up dating his personal shopper, though.
Nan's alt-Clark?

So, red, yellow, and blue?
Yep.

Where’s the rest of Superman’s trip to Kansas?
Um... Off page. More coming up; that was kind of a bridge-scene between parts to remind the ERs that Clark hadn't forgotten about the Kents after they saw him as Superman.

Jerome, Thomas, and Jonathan each drank a glass of lemonade and then the younger generation left to get back to work. Not all of us are trying for 200 parts. I was just tying a knot in that thread I left hanging.

VirginiaR.
---
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Online Content
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Michael: Oh, look! I'm almost caught up. I think I'll break for lunch and do some non-FDK writing after this one though.
razz

He could be referring to his Kryptonian parents.
Yeah, but would he call them ‘folks’?

Goes clothes shopping with Cat is a bad thing?
/whispers/ Happenings in Part 44.

I look something between this: <Blonde devil with a cute tail and biiiig horns> but only when I'm writing.
hyper

wave Michael

Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
/imagines Virginia looking like this: dizzy /
I did. Now I look like this: [Linked Image] Luckily, I don't have to be well to type. wink

Actually… /googles/ Okay, didn’t find a clear indicator it’s mainly for models, but it was a trend at least in the 1990 in China.
That's sad. Almost as sad a foot binding of the previous century.

But only after she pleased Clark in ways she would later be going into, right? RIGHT? Like a Mantis?
LOIS: I'd rather not bite his head off, thank you. If he pleases me, I might let him live.

Tan him and can him? Literally? (he brought his mother’s canning equipment with him when he moved here)
Ewww. How Silence of the Lambs.

Right. Works much better the other way ‘round.
CAT: That's right. If he's out of jail, I just have to wait for Lois to break his heart and that should be coming up right about...

/Points at Appendix D of her employment contract/ Lois, did you not read the contract before signing it?
LOIS: <Scoffing> It's not like it was a legal contract. I signed it "Lola Dane".

Yeah, but would he call them ‘folks’?
JONATHAN: I don't know Superman well enough to know if he would refer to his parents as folks.

/whispers/ Happenings in Part 44.
[Linked Image]But that considered spoilage. [Linked Image]

One of Wendy’s. B-plot story. Lots of cute fun. It’s on your list.
I'll have to look that one up. While flipping around the Archive earlier I found that ML Thompson wrote a story about a ghost Clark ("Out of Time"). I'll have to read that (or download it to my Nook and add it to my list) to see how similar it is to Another Lois. Have you read that one? [Linked Image]

So, when are they going to talk about the Kryptonian in the room?
Later, when Thomas isn't there. [Linked Image]

I know that I’m not. So… You are?
EW: <Skeptical expression> You're not trying to get me to write 200 parts?

VirginiaR.
---
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Online Content
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Luckily, I don't have to be well to type.
/hands over get-well tissues/ Also, you’re lucky. That doesn’t work with me. Too distracting.

LOIS: I'd rather not bite his head off, thank you. If he pleases me, I might let him live.
wave Michael

Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
/hands over get-well tissues/ Also, you’re lucky. That doesn’t work with me. Too distracting.
Tank you. I'm thure my bethas will pick up and correct every spot my head hiths the kethboard when I sneeth. Ah-ah-ah-asjdl'fasjdf'asdjf'psdfja;sdlmfa;s - choo. wink

Eeehhh… not so sure about that.
LOIS: How can it be legal? I didn't sign it with my legal name. Hello?

LEX: Loopholes, darling.

Well, it’s such an American-English term…
[Linked Image] Right. Of course, all Kryptonians are taught British English.

Yeah, which was why I kept it reeeeaaallly ambiguous.
laugh So, did I.

Ssshhhh Sssshhh of course not. I’ll also take 199 parts
Well, let's hope this story doesn't take that many parts. Of course, I am working on Part 56... So...

VirginiaR.
---
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Online Content
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
quote: Eeehhh… not so sure about that.

LOIS: How can it be legal? I didn't sign it with my legal name. Hello?

LEX: Loopholes, darling.
Did some *very* light googling. There are those who argue that unless both parties are aware that you’re not who you’re saying you are, it’s binding. Either that, or you can be sued for fraud etc.

Right. Of course, all Kryptonians are taught British English.
At least the bad ones. Evil Empire officers are *always* British.

Well, let's hope this story doesn't take that many parts. Of course, I am working on Part 56... So...
[Linked Image]

wave Michael

Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Did some *very* light googling. There are those who argue that unless both parties are aware that you’re not who you’re saying you are, it’s binding. Either that, or you can be sued for fraud etc.
Being that she was an undercover journalist, the case for fraud could still be made. wink

At least the bad ones. Evil Empire officers are *always* British.
Oh. So, there are good ones? Yes, I guess, one or two perhaps. The best way for someone in the Evil Empire to go undetected in the rest of the universe is to learn an American accent. clap

VirginiaR.
---
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Online Content
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Being that she was an undercover journalist, the case for fraud could still be made.
LOIS: Fraud or solicitation. [Linked Image] Fraud or solicitation. [Linked Image] Fraud or solicitation. [Linked Image]

Oh. So, there are good ones? Yes, I guess, one or two perhaps.
Yeah, Lois isn’t so sure about one of them. And the other tried to green-K her husband.

The best way for someone in the Evil Empire to go undetected in the rest of the universe is to learn an American accent.
wave Michael

Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Yeah, Lois isn’t so sure about one of them. And the other tried to green-K her husband.
LOIS: *One* of them? Which one? The one who stole my husband-to-be? Nope, don't trust that hussy anywhere, anyhow, anyway! Well, there was that one concubine who showed me how not to make the leash rub me the wrong way, but other than that...

VirginiaR.
---
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Online Content
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
LOIS: *One* of them? Which one? The one who stole my husband-to-be? Nope, don't trust that hussy anywhere, anyhow, anyway!
wave

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard