Lois & Clark Fanfic Message Boards
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
I'll come back and reply to earlier comment threads later, right now this is all I've got time for!

Enjoy smile

PJ

"You told me you weren't like other men," she said, shaking her head at him when the storm of laughter had passed.
He grinned at her - a goofy, Clark Kent kind of a grin. "I have a gift for understatement."
"You can say that again," she told him.
"I have a...."
"Oh, shut up."

--Stardust, Caroline K
Merriwether
Merriwether
Ooh. Glad to see Clark putting Lois's fears at rest. Of course, that's what he does best. wink I'm just surprised that he was the one to suggested breaking into the Post Office. I just wonder who else is wandering around there at that time of night. eek And they still haven't found the kryptonite!

More, please! smile1

"You need me. You wouldn't be much of a hero without a villain. And you do love being the hero, don't you. The cheering children, the swooning women, you love it so much, it's made you my most reliable accomplice." -- Lex Luthor to Superman, Question Authority, Justice League Unlimited
Kerth
Kerth
Instead of been having fun at the hotel... they go to hunt the package...

The two doesn't know the idea of fun!! smile1

"Practice up your shielding spells...and remember to duck if you see green light coming your way."

Harry Potter to Wizengamot in OotP trial

A Bad Week in the Wizengamot
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Hi,

Great part. drool

Maria D. Ferdez.
---
Don't like Luthor, unfinished, untitled and crossover story, and people that promises and don't deliver. I'm getting choosy with age.
MAF
Top Banana
Top Banana
Action time! Dare I hope that one of them gets caught? Most likely Lois, so we get to see a heroic Clark without powers? And as there are only two parts left, it really can happen. (see me getting excited of possible whams smile )

Seriously, Pam, this is great. Loved the awkwardness in the hotel room and how they solved it. Too bad about the seperate beds, though. A kingsize bed could have led to some other interesting things... if they ever return to the room that is.

Only two more days of waiting to go...

Saskia

I tawt I taw a puddy cat!
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
Originally posted by Saskia:
Action time! Dare I hope that one of them gets caught? Most likely Lois, so we get to see a heroic Clark without powers?

Oh, have Clark get caught and have a heroic Lois! smile

Imagine.
Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
He looked up and down the quiet street, then gestured for her to go first. "I'll keep an eye out for anyone coming by."

"Good." She led them up to the shadowed doorway. To distract them both, she added, "If you see anyone, just grab me and start kissing."
LOL! Could see Clark hoping that someone would come along! laugh

Ursie

Lois: Well, I like my quirks. I think they make me unique.
Clark: You certainly are unique.

Clark: You're high maintenance, you know that?
Lois: But I'm worth it!
Merriwether
Merriwether
/me singsongs: "They're gonna get in trouble!" laugh

Loved Lois' nervous babble and Clark's intelligent, humorous, and tactful handling of the situation. clap

Lois grinned. "Sure, if you don't count the gaping plot holes..."

"Or the crummy dialog." He grinned back at her. "I've never met anyone who talked like that."

"Apart from that, though..." Lois laughed.

"Well, you've got to admit, the special effects were terrific. Great explosions."
I think I've seen that movie! wink

The whole B&E sequence is great. Clark as a complaining Geiger counter, lol!

/me goes back to singsonging wink

Do you know the most surprising thing about divorce? It doesn't actually kill you, like a bullet to the heart or a head-on car wreck. It should. When someone you've promised to cherish till death do you part says, "I never loved you," it should kill you instantly.

- Under the Tuscan Sun
T
Merriwether
Merriwether
T
Yeah, Rivka, I think I've seen that movie too. Many times.

Good instalment. Now why did I know that Lois was going to be nervous about the hotel room? wink I't a lucky thing that most hotel rooms have two double beds. Maybe Clark was wise enough to make sure? Naw, he's too lunkheaded, probably just a lucky coincidence.

Generally speaking, the large central post offices in major cities have employees working around the clock, seven days a week. Overnight mail deliveries don't sort and mail themselves. So, is this just an employee, or something more sinister, like.... a potential wham!

Tank (who wonders what's going to happen when Clark gets too close to 'the package' and falls over in agony right in front of the mystery visitor)

Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Nice segment Rivka, I am looking forward to how they will get out of the mess they are in. Laura

Clark: “If we can be born in an instant, and die in an instant, why can’t we fall in love in an instant?”

Caroline's "Stardust"
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Sorry I'm late replying here, Pam; as you know, I've had a busy and tiring week. frown But glad I managed to sneak in just before you post part 9!

I really felt for Lois in the hotel-room; her embarrassment and awkwardness was palpable. All her courage - and her confidence in her desire for Clark - just vanished. frown And Clark's comment about making it sound like a flu shot must have made her feel horrible, though he was very sweet about it all and knew exactly how to distract her.

Oh, and I assume that they will be returning to the bedroom at some point? And that maybe Lois might not be so nervous then? help

Post more!! wink

Wendy smile

Just a fly-by! *waves*
Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
Okay, I've got a break in my morning errands so now I can reply smile

Several of you were surprised at Clark suggesting a little B&E, probably especially because of their earlier spat about law-breaking... but I think he was feeling a little desperate -- and he never actually said that *he* disapproved, just that some people would, and then Lois got defensive and things went from there. Still, I'll look at clarifying that a little.

Sorry to have disappointed y'all with the tease about the hotel room... but anything else really didn't feel right. And yeah, Clark was a boy scout and requested two beds. Just in case. However... the night ain't over yet wink Not that there'd be much opportunity for hanky-panky if they're arrested! goofy

Thanks for highlighting some of the lines that made you laugh! I'm hoping this is a fun read.

Thanks, Karen, Jose, Maria, Saskia, Nqoir, Ursie, Rivka, Tank, Laura & Wendy smile for sticking with this! I appreciate all your comments.

Okay, on to part 9...

PJ

"You told me you weren't like other men," she said, shaking her head at him when the storm of laughter had passed.
He grinned at her - a goofy, Clark Kent kind of a grin. "I have a gift for understatement."
"You can say that again," she told him.
"I have a...."
"Oh, shut up."

--Stardust, Caroline K

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard