Lois & Clark Fanfic Message Boards
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
As you might have guessed, I wasn't in the best of moods when I wrote this. But, the second part is lighter. I should have it ready to post within the week.

Battle On,
Deadly Chakram

"Being with you is stronger than me alone." ~ Clark Kent

"One little spark of inspiration is at the heart of all creation." ~ Figment the Dragon

Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
We seem to see stories of Clark always in a good mood and Lois being plagued with doubts. It is almost refreshing to see the opposite. It makes us realize that we should see Clark as human, very human with Super additions. He can get depressed, lose confidence in himself, and doubt his own reason for living. We see the super side of him all the time, but this is definitely not that kind of story.

Can't wait until you pour some "happy" into this story. Hang on, Clark. Vicki is going to make Lois realize how much she wants to be with you. I can feel it!

Fun-black-mooded (if that is possible) story. We know that love, health, and happiness is just around the corner. Waiting for your version.

Pat

Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Originally posted by angelsgmaw:
We seem to see stories of Clark always in a good mood and Lois being plagued with doubts. It is almost refreshing to see the opposite. It makes us realize that we should see Clark as human, very human with Super additions. He can get depressed, lose confidence in himself, and doubt his own reason for living. We see the super side of him all the time, but this is definitely not that kind of story.

Can't wait until you pour some "happy" into this story. Hang on, Clark. Vicki is going to make Lois realize how much she wants to be with you. I can feel it!

Fun-black-mooded (if that is possible) story. We know that love, health, and happiness is just around the corner. Waiting for your version.

Pat
Thank you, Pat. That's exactly what I wanted to showcase in this piece. Clark isn't always the eternal optimist. There are times (and we do get glimpses of this throughout the series) when he *does* get depressed, doubt himself, lose all his confidence. It's one of the many things I like about the show, and, in particular, Dean's protrayal of Clark. He is very, very human, even if his DNA isn't. And, I'll admit, it's a heck of a lot of fun to write from such a much less seen part of Clark's mind.

Happiness is coming. Probably in a few days. I'm still working out the kinks in the second half. I finished the writing part yesterday, but have less than half of it polished. I'm reworking it as I go.

Battle On,
Deadly Chakram

"One little spark of inspiration is at the heart of all creation." ~ Figment the Dragon

S
Merriwether
Merriwether
S
I like the set up. Did Lois call him Clark because she recognized he was Supermen? Or was it because she was out of it because of blood loss? Looking forward to the next installment.

BTW, earlier it looked like two copies of this story were posted - one after the other. Not sure if you already caught that.

Joan

Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Originally posted by scifiJoan:
I like the set up. Did Lois call him Clark because she recognized he was Supermen? Or was it because she was out of it because of blood loss? Looking forward to the next installment.

BTW, earlier it looked like two copies of this story were posted - one after the other. Not sure if you already caught that.

Joan
Thanks, Joan! I do promise. Your question *will* be answered in the next part. I'm not saying which way until then. smile

Sue pointed out to me that it double posted. I have no idea how that happened. Thanks though! laugh

Battle On,
Deadly Chakram

T
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
T
Good story. I like the exploration of Clark as a fallible human with doubts about himself, about Lois, about whether he deserves to receive her love, about Scardino's suitability as a husband for Lois - why didn't he ask her about it?!? - about continuing to live in Metropolis, about continuing as Superman. I'm certain he and Lois will settle those questions and more when she wakes up.

I know my next questions aren't part of the main theme here, but I want to know who shot her and why! Where was Dan? Why wasn't he protecting her? (And I bet he wouldn't go all moody Danish prince if she got shot when he wasn't there!) What was Lois doing, chasing a story or just walking off her own confusion?

And possibly most important - does she now know The Secret? Next most important - will she slap him out of his doldrums?

I'm watching for the second story with my glasses on, otherwise I wouldn't be able to read it.

Life isn't a support system for writing. It's the other way around.

- Stephen King, from On Writing
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Originally posted by Terry Leatherwood:
Good story. I like the exploration of Clark as a fallible human with doubts about himself, about Lois, about whether he deserves to receive her love, about Scardino's suitability as a husband for Lois - why didn't he ask her about it?!? - about continuing to live in Metropolis, about continuing as Superman. I'm certain he and Lois will settle those questions and more when she wakes up.

I know my next questions aren't part of the main theme here, but I want to know who shot her and why! Where was Dan? Why wasn't he protecting her? (And I bet he wouldn't go all moody Danish prince if she got shot when he wasn't there!) What was Lois doing, chasing a story or just walking off her own confusion?

And possibly most important - does she now know The Secret? Next most important - will she slap him out of his doldrums?

I'm watching for the second story with my glasses on, otherwise I wouldn't be able to read it.
Thank you, Terry. Much will be settled in the next story, I can promise you that. It is interesting, isn't it, to see Clark in a light such as this.

As for all of the rest of the questions you have - every single one of them gets answered in the next part. laugh

Battle On,
Deadly Chakram

Pulitzer
Pulitzer
As usual, I'm stuck at work with people looking over my shoulder so its going to be impossible to read this until later.

Come on weekend!!!!

Morgana

A writer's job is to think of new plots and create characters who stay with you long after the final page has been read. If that mission is accomplished than we have done what we set out to do, which is to entertain and hopefully educate.
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Originally posted by Morgana:
As usual, I'm stuck at work with people looking over my shoulder so its going to be impossible to read this until later.

Come on weekend!!!!
Awww! You can't tell them you need your L&C fix in order to be more productive? wink

Battle On,
Deadly Chakram

Kerth
Kerth
Still here... And once again addicted... wink

Loved the dark angle you took here! You know, being the evil meglomaniac that I am... Great job! Lois getting shot was quite the twist and I was simultaneously in smile1

Nothing spoils a good story like the arrival of an eye witness.
--Mark Twain
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Originally posted by Mouserocks:
Still here... And once again addicted... wink

Loved the dark angle you took here! You know, being the evil meglomaniac that I am... Great job! Lois getting shot was quite the twist and I was simultaneously in smile1
Hi, Mouse! wave

Somehow, I just knew the darker, angstier subject would pull you in. And yes, I'm twisted too (I love all the episodes where Clark almost dies). Next part I'll probably post early next week.

Glad you enjoyed it, and thanks for poking in here! laugh

Battle On,
Deadly Chakram

S
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
S
Hi DC,

It was (again) a wonderful story, so poignant and so in character for Clark. wave

Sydney

Non ! non, c’est bien plus beau lorsque c’est inutile !
(Edmond Rostand)
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Sad, moving, depressing, AND you shot Lois! hyper

Let me guess (as you know I love to)... she had her talk with Danny boy, broke his heart despite him wanting her to do other things to him. She finally gets rid of him, takes long hot shower where she scrubs off the Scardino stench and then heads over to Clark's, which is where she is when she gets attacked and shot by ??? (Bill Church, Lex Luthor, Zara, random thug?) and left to die. Luckily SM/CK found her and got her to hospital. I'm guessing she's got some recovery time in front of her, which she'll be able to get done with her live-in help, Agent Scardino.

No? He's not going to play on her blocked memories to tell her that they are engaged to be married? Right one-parter. Hmmmm. How about super nurse/partner CK? Will she forgive him for being a lunkhead and take him back? Maybe. But he was off being a hero (or moping, take your pick) instead of her 24/7 bodyguard. Maybe she WON'T forgive him. Maybe she'll say 'screw this, I'm joining a nunnery!'

Nah, but it's late and my brain is working on... nothing at the moment. Hmmm. Good indepth look into Clark's psyche at this privotal juncture. Can you please have Lois recover and live happily ever after without ever getting frozen?

VirginiaR.
"On the long road, take small steps." -- Jor-el, "The Foundling"
---
"clearly there is a lack of understanding between those two... he speaks Lunkheadanian and she Stubbornanian" -- chelo.
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Originally posted by Sydney:
Hi DC,

It was (again) a wonderful story, so poignant and so in character for Clark. wave
wave

Thanks so much, Sydney! Glad it read as in character. I was a little iffy on if I went too bleak. Next part soon. Couple of days.

Battle On,
Deadly Chakram

Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Virginia! hyper

Let me guess (as you know I love to)... she had her talk with Danny boy, broke his heart despite him wanting her to do other things to him. She finally gets rid of him, takes long hot shower where she scrubs off the Scardino stench and then heads over to Clark's, which is where she is when she gets attacked and shot by ??? (Bill Church, Lex Luthor, Zara, random thug?) and left to die. Luckily SM/CK found her and got her to hospital. I'm guessing she's got some recovery time in front of her, which she'll be able to get done with her live-in help, Agent Scardino.
Close. She went to Clark's and found him not home. So she was going back home when she was shot. Who? I don't wanna say yet.

No? He's not going to play on her blocked memories to tell her that they are engaged to be married? Right one-parter. Hmmmm. How about super nurse/partner CK? Will she forgive him for being a lunkhead and take him back? Maybe. But he was off being a hero (or moping, take your pick) instead of her 24/7 bodyguard. Maybe she WON'T forgive him. Maybe she'll say 'screw this, I'm joining a nunnery!'
Lois is joining a brothel???? Nunnery = brothel, convent = place where nuns live. (Thank you, high school Shakespeare!)

Will she take Clark back? You'll see.

Nah, but it's late and my brain is working on... nothing at the moment. Hmmm. Good indepth look into Clark's psyche at this privotal juncture. Can you please have Lois recover and live happily ever after without ever getting frozen?
Maybe? laugh Glad you liked the peek into Clark's mind. I love writing stories like that.

Battle On,
Deadly Chakram

Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Actually, I was thinking more in the abdomen area, but in looking back, I never really made that clear. How can I make it a 1/1? EW, remember? <points to membership card>

Wahoo! I got called a cruel woman!
clap Learn something new everyday... and I don't remember that one from high school Shakespeare (or even college). But then again, maybe she will join a brothal. I hear that Cat set up a nice one outside of Vegas a few years back.

Will she take Clark back? You'll see.
I'm putting a box of tissue on my desk, just in case.

Maybe? Glad you liked the peek into Clark's mind. I love writing stories like that.
Well, that's good, because I love reading them. clap

VirginiaR.
"On the long road, take small steps." -- Jor-el, "The Foundling"
---
"clearly there is a lack of understanding between those two... he speaks Lunkheadanian and she Stubbornanian" -- chelo.
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Argh! Clark! Don't you know you need to wait at home for Lois to possibly drop by unannounced in the middle of the night?
When *will* that boy learn? wink

Learn something new everyday... and I don't remember that one from high school Shakespeare (or even college). But then again, maybe she will join a brothal. I hear that Cat set up a nice one outside of Vegas a few years back.
Yup - we learned during Hamlet. When he exclaims to Ophelia "Get thee to a nunnery!" - he's telling her to go join a brothel. Also, we had an ex-nun who taught religion and someone asked her about life in the nunnery (girl couldn't think of the word convent) and was quickly set straight on the meaning! laugh

I'm putting a box of tissue on my desk, just in case.
clap

Well, that's good, because I love reading them.
Horray!

Battle On,
Deadly Chakram

Pulitzer
Pulitzer
You may not have been in the best of moods, but the power and depth of Clark's emotions come shining through. He is a man deeply in love, yet torn asunder by the depths of that love. Especially considering he thinks the woman he loves cares for another.

Each rescue he performed that night had a profound effect on him, but the last would alter his life forever.

The doctors and nurses were amazing. Your description of a hospital waiting room was spot on. Thank you for another great story.

Morgana

A writer's job is to think of new plots and create characters who stay with you long after the final page has been read. If that mission is accomplished than we have done what we set out to do, which is to entertain and hopefully educate.
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Originally posted by Morgana:
You may not have been in the best of moods, but the power and depth of Clark's emotions come shining through. He is a man deeply in love, yet torn asunder by the depths of that love. Especially considering he thinks the woman he loves cares for another.

Each rescue he performed that night had a profound effect on him, but the last would alter his life forever.

The doctors and nurses were amazing. Your description of a hospital waiting room was spot on. Thank you for another great story.
Thanks for the lovely feedback, Morgana! smile Yes, Clark's life has changed...in more ways than one.

I'm so thrilled everyone seemed to really like my bleak side to the story! laugh

Battle On,
Deadly Chakram

Features Writer
Features Writer
Oh, man, so many emotions in this story! I so wish that Clark knew all those things he was thinking about himself were so terribly wrong -- I about came off of my chair to shake him when he thought he was a coward and no better than Claude or Luthor, and couldn't help but snort when he thought that Scardino was the better man. I can't believe (okay, actually, yes, I can, because this is Clark we're talking about, but still...) that he thinks Scardino will be better for Lois -- I mean, come on, if he can love her for her flaws, then shouldn't she be able to love Clark enough to take the constant leaving long enough to give him a chance after finally agreeing to go on a date with him? But as said, this is Clark, and so he knows that she deserves so much better than him. smile

Love how you bring out that he can't quite decide if he should tell her his Secret or not -- would it be winning her through his powers or would it be permanently losing her for both sides of himself?

And wow, I know you warned me that something bad happened to Lois, but this was just so terribly sad and traumatic, and you did such a wonderful job of painting his despair and his bone-deep grief and worry and fear, his long vigil in the waiting room, and then finally his shuddering terror and relief when the doctor comes out to tell him the news. And I LOVE that he thanks the doctor right away, that he thinks of her as wonderful because she managed to save Lois -- as well as him noting the cabdriver's solicitousness as kindness. So indicative of who Clark is, and so much a part of why he's so much better than Claude and Luthor and Scardino!

Such a great speech he gave to Lois -- and if the doctor hadn't been able to guess from his blatant reaction to her news that he loved her, she certainly knows now! smile

And something of a cliff-hanger too? I almost hope that she doesn't yet know that Superman and Clark are one and the same, that she said it because she wanted him to be there for her, and heard him in his shaken voice. But we'll see -- looking forward to a much happier conclusion!

(Also, probably too late by now, but I did wonder about something: Clark mentions that he brought the pregnant woman to the same emergency room as Lois, but didn't he make that rescue in New York City? And he mentioned that the pregnant woman was the same height and weight as Lois -- wouldn't a pregnant woman who was, ordinarily, the same body build as Lois, be much heavier at least than Lois?)

Some great lines through here:

The distinction between living his life and existing.

His reminder that this is not a perfect world.

How he won't kiss her because he refuses to take advantage when she's -- he thinks -- Scardino's.

Perry being sensitive to the fact that Clark was hopelessly in love with Lois.

And more, but those are the ones I can think of right off hand! smile

Great job!

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard